Inside Out

Flame Dragon

Feel like we should have a thread for this but I can't find it so new one.

Anyway, this movie has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and is being called a Masterpiece. Looks like Pixar is back to form.

So, were you looking forward to it before and if you weren't, now that we know its amazing are you now?

Well, I always look forward to a Pixar movie. Cars 3 will depend on the trailer, but otherwise it's a safe bet I'll like what I see.

I'm very glad they found a new success, so yes, I'm pumped to see this movie at some point this summer. It's also a case of them trying something different, the last time I felt that was with Up (not to say WALL-E and other stuff after weren't original).

I will most likely not go to see it in theaters, but I will probably get it when it comes out on home media. It looks very great, course it's Pixar, with an all-star cast. I've always wondered what a movie about the voices in our head would be like, and Inside Out seems to be just that.

• 2 weeks later...

So I saw the movie today. It was wonderful!

It was just so well written. They knew the best ways to take advantage of the movie's setting and make full use of it. The audience laughed consistently throughout the movie too, there was a lot of humor that adults could also appreciate along with typical kids movie humor.

It'll definitely be a top contender for movie of the year for me, and for most people too.

Saw the movie, and yea, it was really really great. As said they took full advantage of the setting and the type of things that can be played with in it. The emotional stuff and comedy all worked, and the the characters were really great. Honestly, I'm happy I was able to figure out what the message they were going for would be and how they would get back. I was mad that the stupid ads for the movie had a scene from the ending though. Like, WHAT ARE YOU DOING I DON'T WANT TO EXPECT THAT!!!! Regardless, A+, for sure go see it if you haven't already.

As for the short, it was.........weird. It was cute, but maybe it was the narrator, maybe it was the subject, but it just felt too corny for me.

Saw this on the final hours of my boyfriend's birthday and...welp, I can certainly say that the world inside my head isn't like that. But anyhoo...

I will not say much, out of fear of giving accidental spoilers, but I will say that such was a whopper of a trip. (I got a kick out of seeing a literal Train of Thought, though, hehe.)

I was pretty skeptical after seeing the trailers but it looks like it's legitimately good.

The trailer that shows the family at the dinner table is NOTHING like what the movie is. Like, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in an early draft of the film thats whats it was going to be, going into a bunch of people's heads, and that scene just kind of stuck around because the writers liked it.

Saw the movie today and honestly, the trailer really didnt do this one justice.

Aside from a few minor nitpicks based entirely on me being a firm believer in "Show, dont tell" (And I'm not going into details because of spoilers). I really think this is a fantastic movie and with some truly great and likeable characters.

Casting was absolutely perfect, especially Joy (I guess you could say Amy Poehler made the character a absolute joy *is shot because of bad pun*) and they ran with the setting so much further then expected (I got more then one kick outof Imagination Land). Humor was great but what surprised me is how far they took the emotional bits. I dont recall ever having gotten teary eyed at a Pixar film, but I'll be damned if it didnt happen here, and I'm happy to admit it.

Cant recommend this movie enough

If you don't want spoilers, he'll tell you when they start and end so you can skip that section. 

To be honest, I think the review is correct, but I try not to let that deter my enjoyment of the film. The novelty does wear off a bit the second time you see it, but it was still very enjoyable and I would recommend it to people, 

Archived