Golden Gate Empire [IC / No Longer Accepting / PG - 16]

Dad

Tyson, his supposed handler, took an offensive stance against him.  Flames danced across his arm, mimicking Elspire's own spectacle.  

"Sadly, it looks I'm the good guy here,  and the only thing I'm gonna handle, is the act of putting two hot ones in that bastard's head.  But I don't really think it matters what I say now, right?!"  That demon boy hit the nail right on the head.  

"You can't kill him...I NEED HIM!"  Gerald was the only one who knew all the answers...If what he was saying was a lie, then he'd have to beat the truth out of him.  

"Elspire!" The booming voice came from the wrinkly imitation of a man.  "You've been imprisoned long enough.  I won't bind you anymore.  If you want the truth--especially from someone who was tied up in hell-you're going to have to beat it out of him.  And so I want you to do something for me, Elspire.  I want you to be free, Elspire.  And when this is all over, you and I can make a new shelter for your overwhelming strength.  But for now, 

Be free.

Give in to your inner strength.  Let yourself be free, Rhageos."

Gerald had revealed a black bead, and crushed it in his palm.  The dust, as if attracted to his blood, slithered its way towards Elspire.  He wasn't able to escape, and caught whiff of the powder.  His blood started to boil, and he could feel his whole body contract.  Painful...this was so painful.  Everything was painful.  He just wished it would all go away..this fake world..

"Perfect Freeze."

A voice in the distance...so familiar, so sweet.  A cold embrace was felt around him.  The pain had ceased.  Through the crystalline barrier, he saw Arisu.  

"Whatever you're trying to pull off here...whatever the hell are you...I don't like you.

I don't care the past you have with him. He's mine, and mine only. So stop talking with languages I don't understand, and bugger off!"

"Arisu..." his voice trapped within the confines of his icy prison.  "Are you even real?"  The last string in his mind finally snapped, as the dust took over.  The ice cracked, and shattered apart instantaneously.  In the midst of all the vapors that previously surrounded him was not the Elspire everyone knew and loved.  It wheezed, and snorted, and snarled at the other contestants.  Malice incarnate.  This was Rhageos.  A hulking monstrosity that towered over the others.  Black lightning started to circulate him, and the crystals protruding from his body glowed with a savage power.  It roared at the contestants, the shockwave of sound pushed back Zyg a couple of paces.  

This was power...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shadow Plateau

Oh.  She was angry.  How cute.  Morgan and Arisu together could potentially be a problem.  Especially considering the former wasn't supposed to be present.  No matter, they could spew and spit as they liked.  Elspire would--

"Perfect Freeze."

"You idiot," he thought to himself.

"Whatever you're trying to pull off here...whatever the hell are you...I don't like you.

I don't care the past you have with him. He's mine, and mine only. So stop talking with languages I don't understand, and bugger off!"

"Oh, how adorable you are," Gerald said scratching his chin.  "All the illusions in the world but you couldn't manage to pull off the illusion that you had any clue as to what you were talking about.  It's no wonder Morgan had out worked your magic and trapped you inside the stone for a millennium.  You were too complacent and arrogant.  Your last fight was just before the semi-finals.  You conjured that forsaken ice prism, and Morgan saw it coming.  She burned the entire arena to the ground, and when you were pinned beneath the rubble, she tapped into your Philosopher's stone.  And she trapped you like a genie in a bottle!  Yet once again you've managed to put my plans on ice.  Only this time, you waited too late."

"Arisu...Are you even real?" 

There.  The last strain of conscious morality and unhindered thought snapped in Elspire's mind.  As he morphed into the behemoth of a monster, a fully fledged dragon.  Rhageos towered even over Saul.  He stood over thirty feet tall, ten feet wide, and weighed more than ten tons.  A diamond hard skin with equally hard scales.  An invulnerability to magic and a taste for blood.  And as Elspire vanished and Rhageos took his place, a sinister smirk crossed Gerald's face.  He couldn't help but laugh.  He cooed with satisfaction as the monster--no.  The son.  The son he'd always wanted had come back to him.

"Rhageos!  Rhageos, my boy!" he said excitedly.  He ushered the dragon towards him, and embraced one of his large front legs.  Patting the beast's stomach, he looked up to Rhageos.  "Oh, it's been some time, hasn't it?" he said as Rhageos grunted softly, whipping it's large body around and slamming it's sixteen foot tail behind itself and Gerald.

"Do you see them, Rhageos?  They want to harm us.  They wish us pain.  Agony.  We wanted to enjoy ourselves, have fun!  But they. . . they wish death upon us," Gerald said pointing to the contestants behind Steph.  "Oh, and Steph.  Last chance," Gerald said wagging a finger.  Steph, however, was frozen with fear.  This thing before her, the undead contestants, Gerald controlling it all.  It was . . .unexplainable.  And she hated it.

Steph began to back away, bracing herself against a far wall, between both the contestants and Gerald on the right side of the room.  Gerald shrugged, as he continued to pet Rhageos.  "You can't sit on the sidelines forever, Steph.  Eventually, you'll have to play.  But for now," Gerald said raising his head to the contestants.

"Kill them."

Gerald turned to face the revived contestants behind him, and snapped his fingers.  They stood at attention, waiting for orders.  "And you.  Help him out."

Cam charged a dark energy in his mega buster.  Kokoro bared her fangs.  Basil unbandaged his eyes.  Odette proudly displayed her ribbons.  Robert drew Dice from his cache of abilities, and flexed his blade.  And they lunged.

Morgan let out a groan. This was getting more complicated. The dragon, though from a certain angle it looked kinda like a flying squirrel, was on Gerald’s side. And had finally showed his actual power. She SO should have went after this guy before Dirk. Morgan gave Dirk a flat, disappointed, look, before turning her attention forward.
“Arisu, listen to me. I hate you, jabroni. Okay now that’s over with, listen again. Your boyfriend is apparently some horrible abomination like you. But, good news. He helped you get over that, apparently, with some kind of romance bullshit. So you’re gonna have to take one for the team and try and bring him to his senses. Meanwhile, we’ve got a pissed off dragon staring at us so don’t mind me if I give myself some assurance.”

She raised her hand in an arc, as a trail of magical energy flowed from her fingertips. She couldn’t feel the magical energy she needed to force roots naturally into the room, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t create them right there. Only those versed in magic and looking closely could see the slight distortion in natural reality as the roots formed in mid-air, creating a lance, and launching itself at what was once Elspire.

She didn’t know how strong this dragon’s underside was, but she was about to find out. Her eyes darted over to Arisu, and she hesitated. “Dammit” she muttered under her breath. At the last moment the roots spread out, attempting to encircle and bind the dragon instead.
Her other hand reached behind her to grasp Vena’s, giving it a squeeze, and encouraging the brave girl to not race into battle.

Freedom

Freedom

Freedom

Freedom?

What was all this? Camille's mind was a confused mixture of regret, adrenaline, and sorrow. "He saved us.  And he can save you too."

Ah, that was right. Gerald has saved him. He didn't know how, or why, but he did. He brought him life where there was none, he granted him freedom where others would have brought him slavery, or death. And...and he had to repay him. Yes, that was it. That was why he was now about to once more face off against Nero.

Cam was plummeted into emotion. Nero had killed him, stolen his freedom from him! He was a fiend, a monster, the worst beast that Cam had ever faced! And yet he...no, NO! That was a trick, that feeling, all a trick of the demon. He had to die! Cam had to protect Gerald, no protect his freedom. Yes, Gerald, his freedom, his freedom, Gerald. It was all the same. Protect Gerald, save his freedom, kill Nero.

He lost the first time but this was different now. Cam began charging his improved Mega Buster. A sinister purple glow emanated from it, as he stared down his opponent. Numbers raced in his vision, symbols, things he barely recognized. But he knew what it was, limiters were being removed, abilities unsuppressed. "Initiate War-Bot Protocol, Code: Armageddon"

The cyborg rushed forward at such speed that should have been impossible, speed at least double his maximum before, straight for Nero. He slammed his open palm into the demon's chest and blasted him with the force palm technique, sending Nero hurtling towards the wall. Before he collided with anything, however, Cam was on top of him, slamming him down to the ground. "YOU WILL PAY FOR TRYING TO STEAL MY FREEDOM!"

Saul

Saul came to; later than the others. He didn't remember much, but waking up he caught some words coming from Gerald and the others. Frankly, he wasn't surprised to hear what he was hearing; he never trusted Gerald from the start.

"Do you know your problem was?" Saul said in a drawl, watching Elspire transform and essentially chaos ensue. "Hubris. You think yourself god when really you're just another pathetic human." Saul stretched and drew his sword as the revived victims began to lunge at them. "Something doesn't go your way, and like a spoiled child you throw a tantrum." Saul threw aside his robe; now completely shirtless and fully displaying defined, rippling, and heavily scarred muscles. Saul laughed, now visibly pleased with what was going on. "Even with all the power in the world, you're still just as weak as I expected you to be, Gerald! But, at least you gave me the rematch I've been wanting!"

Saul lifted his blade high in the air, and brought it down on the floor in a bright red blur; his signature pillar of flames erupting and engulfing the floor and ceiling as it left a trail of destruction; moving right at Elspire as a dragon.

Dirk

Dirk, honestly, paid little attention. Tyson already pointed out who not to trust and, as per what was going on, was not entirely surprised to see what was going on. As everyone sprung into action, Dirk sidled up to Tyson and, consequently, near Morgan as well.

"So what's the sich here? We gonna light this sucker up or what?" Dirk pulled a cigarette and took a long drag. "Because, I mean, that's a big dragon. Can't we just find a way to blow him up if we need to?" Dirk eyed up the situation and then smacked his forehead. "Ah, but that blonde kid is the dragon. K, so we knock it out; any ideas?"

"Kill them."

Rhageos spun around swiftly eyeing the group of contestants...his next victims.  He looked to Tyson first, roaring at an incredible volume.  Black lightning circulated him at an even more rapid pace, as he opened his mouth to fire off a breath attack.  He was caught off guard when he was suddenly entangled in vines.  He started squirming with rage, intent on breaking free.  Looking around the battlefield, he spotted Morgan.  Putting two and two together, he instead aimed his breath attack at her instead.  

"ROAR OF LIGHTNING DRA-"

He was interrupted again, this time engulfed in flames.  The flames barely made him feel any pain whatsoever, but they had managed to incinerate the vines that bound him.  Flapping his wings, he doused every cinder of the flames.  It almost looked as if he wore a smile.  

Saul.  

The man sat in the back of his mind...a lecturing old fool who thought himself better than what he truly was.  

"Giant...weak...Rhageos...strongest there is!"  Arching his back, Rhageos charged a breath attack in his mouth, black lightning gathering between his fangs.  "ROAR OF TRUE LIGHTNING DRAGON!"  A giant beam of black electricity raced from his mouth towards Saul.

"And I thought I was the scary one here!" a robotic voice came up from behind him.  Zyg mounted Rhageos, hooking onto the dragon with it's laser claws.  He started firing off his laser into his back.  Rhageos frantically started to try and get the creature off his back, eventually leaping into the air and crashing back down onto his own back.  Zyg luckily leaped off his hind side in time, and skidded next to his dear friend Morgan.

"We meet again Morgan!  How was commentating?  You did a wonderful job!"  The raptor twitched it's head back and forth, seemingly forgetting about the fight that they were in.    

"All the illusions in the world but you couldn't manage to pull off the illusion that you had any clue as to what you were talking about.  It's no wonder Morgan had out worked your magic and trapped you inside the stone for a millennium.  You were too complacent and arrogant.  Your last fight was just before the semi-finals.  You conjured that forsaken ice prism, and Morgan saw it coming.  She burned the entire arena to the ground, and when you were pinned beneath the rubble, she tapped into your Philosopher's stone.  And she trapped you like a genie in a bottle!  Yet once again you've managed to put my plans on ice.  Only this time, you waited too late."

That's plain nonsense.

"I did tell you about talking about things in a foreign language, didn't I? If you're trying to tell me something, speak about it clearly, you bastard."

The hell did Alice and her had gotten into? Perhaps Alice wasn't even real. She couldn't seem to reach out to her now. That shouldn't matter. Elspire had regressed into a demonic being. He looked pathetic.That's not the boy she sold her future to be with. But maybe the lesson was clear - never ever try reliving your teenage days. It wouldn't work well at all. The abomination was praised by the bastard as his son. Normally murdering a child would be a capital crime, but that's something she need to do. Though she'd rather pull off a patricide instead. No way in hell would she let someone as scummy as Gerald be her father in law. That would be a hellish married life. No time to think of the future that might not be, however. Abomination-that-definitely-was-not-Elspire attacked, as well as Gerald's lackeys that was apparently supposed to be dead already. That's none of her business though.

“Arisu, listen to me. I hate you, jabroni."

Ohai, the person that apparently sealed me inside of my stone for a long time.

Okay now that’s over with, listen again. Your boyfriend is apparently some horrible abomination like you.

You're not really looking angelic yourself, witch.

But, good news. He helped you get over that, apparently, with some kind of romance bullshit.

You might want to try it sometimes. Might beat you up with the power of love if I'm in the mood of being cheesy, but my love's an abomination now.

So you’re gonna have to take one for the team and try and bring him to his senses. Meanwhile, we’ve got a pissed off dragon staring at us so don’t mind me if I give myself some assurance.”

"I guess that works."

Arisu okayed Morgan's prompt. The witch then conjured a spear to assault not!Elspire, but she looked at Arisu at the last moment and missed her timing. That's not the best time to fall head over heels over someone, Morgan. But the witch ended up just using tentacle...roots to bind Elspire while she also tried to keep her sister from rushing forward. The not!Elspire charged a lightning attack at the witch, which Arisu would've attempted to block, but a burst of fire stopped him and he ended up facing against a Titan instead. That might occupy him for a bit. It'd be a bit unfair if she made it a two versus one, as much as she wished to be the one to snap Elspire out of his edgy funk, but shouldn't matter. There's someone else she actually would like to assault instead now.

Her eyes now were on Gerard.

"You...call this a plot twist? Just coming here, brandishing your supposedly amazing power to revive the dead, manipulate time space and play god, then take my dragon away from me, while you're imposing a bad fiction you call fact as our past? Did you really need to overcompensate in front of Steph like this when you can't do it in bed or something?

You're hilarious. Now just die please. You're ruining my potential happy ending with this override!"

Arrogant? As much as she used to be a shy kid, of course she's arrogant. Might just be Alice rubbing off on her, but still. Of course it's an obvious flaw. Everyone knew it already, no need to be schooled about it. And the Philosopher's Stone, as much as it was heretical to build one, and how hard it should actually be to conjure it, would operate on a simple enough mechanism that a novice like Morgan would be able to understand it really fast. That didn't matter. Her Illusion World magic, as she dubbed it, were as obvious as all of the above to anyone outside of the area. Everyone would see through it like a novice parlor trick. That's how it all looked like - after all, they're busy looking to answer the obvious trickery and question. For them, that's what Arisu's Wonderland is.

Inattentional blindness is a jabroni. The answer lie behind the blatant. They're all looking for the secret, but they wouldn't find it. They're not really looking.

They would never find the true rabbit hole.

iU8EggM.png

Slammed into a wall hurts. if he's really an old man, that would break some bones for sure. Being slammed downwards afterwards just seemed pathetic though. Then again, he's really pathetic now. Letting a mere human playing with him for this long. Playing with his emotions, his feelings, his memories, his motivations. Humanity had gone quite far. Had Nero was in any other position, he would be approving of Gerald's schema. But being slammed down by one of his henchmen wasn't really something that gave him the motivation to do so.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR TRYING TO STEAL MY FREEDOM!"

"You talk too loud."

That wasn't Camille. A body that looked like him, but Camille's dead. There's nothing Camille about the android that assaulted him now. Nero had no reason to care about him. He's just Gerald's toy. And toys were meant to be broken. He seemed to be a lot more powerful than the last time he meet the boy though. Shame, if he was this powerful while still alive, they might've parted ways in a better term. But that's not something to regret.

"Ferriage of the Thousand Lilies."

His flower would still have the capability to survive attacks. Thus, that would be something he would do. He conjured as much lily petals as he could to form a dome around Camille while enveloping himself with those petals too, like a coffin. Getting away from Camille's pinning felt like too much of a bother. His anger and frustration was too much to contain anyway. Five, four, three, two, showtime.

"Return to your sleep, and be free from your flesh binding."

The swords rained downwards all at once, with Nero unharmed due to his temporarily unbreakable flower shield. If Camille relented even by a bit after his assault from his pinning on Nero, the exdemon would just blink out and move on to the next. If not, that might mean he need to actually try for once.

Morgan smiled slightly at the raptor. She patted his muzzle, "Thank you dear, but we're in the middle of something. Sing my praises after we've killed these freaks, okay?" she said sweetly, before turning attention to the dragon.

What a damn pain. This dragon wasn't going to relent so easily. And it seemed Arisu was busy dealing with Gerald, fine then. Her and the Titan versus a monstrosity of a dragon? Seemed fair enough. The others hadn't quite gotten into the battle yet, and if Morgan was going to run an organization like her father's she'd have to be good at rally cries.

Sadly she had no idea how to do one.

"Alright you fucks, while you try and figure out a way to save the precious bouncing dragon baby it's going to do its best to kill us. We can't let up or hold back, even if we want to save him, if possible, we're gonna have to throw everything we can at him with the intent to kill. Lucky for you." She activated her levitation, it was important to stay mobile against something like this. "I refuse to do anything less."

If she was going to slay a dragon, she'd have to try and tap into every ounce of magic she could. Beyond her normal, if possible. Lives were on the line, but more importantly, HER life was on the line. She'd learn just how much this dragon could take. She's going to have to get wicked.

Waves of magic flared out from around Morgan, visible even to those with shallow magic potential. The wind picked up behind her as dust swirled, and within moments her skeleton giant formed. "Stop anything that tries to stop me" she commanded it.

Then she spread her arms and flaming skulls began to form around her body. Five, then she pushed herself and a sixth, seventh, ei-no, not quite there. She couldn't force out an eighth right then. Very well, this would be a good start. She pointed forcibly at the dragon and the skulls shot forward, exploding against its hide.

This wasn't right. Camille felt a wrongness, but why? He was fighting his enemy, fighting for his freedom, that was the only thing truly right, isn't that correct? Yes, of course. The only reason he felt something off was because Nero wasn't dead yet. That had to be it.

The swords rained down upon Cam, and he batted them away, dodged others, blasted still more with his force palm. But there were so many, he felt them biting into his flesh, tearing into him, piercing vitals.
Was he going to die, again?
No. He couldn't let that happen.

A black energy surrounded each of Cam's wounds, and the flesh began to reform itself, within moments he was whole again. And he launched himself at the shield Nero had made, slamming his fists down upon it again and again with extreme force. Then he aimed his mega buster into the air. "Weapon Change: Black Hole Bomb". Out of his arm shot a pulsing black orb, a foot in diameter, which hovered in place above Nero. It seemed harmless, at first, but then it began to glow and pulse faster, and suddenly everything nearby was forcibly pulled towards it. Anything that touched the orb was immediately sucked inside, and ripped from the world entirely.

Time Has Come

"So what's the sich here? We gonna light this sucker up or what?" Dirk spoke as he produced a cigarette and took a long drag. "Because, I mean, that's a big dragon. Can't we just find a way to blow him up if we need to?" Tyson arched an eyebrow, but Dirk corrected himself before he even had a chance to. "Ah, but that blonde kid is the dragon. K, so we knock it out; any ideas?"

"The Old Bastard's lap dogs will only get in the way if we try to deal with Elspire now..." Tyson responded coolly as he watched Zyg, Saul and Morgan's attacks pepper the dragon whilst Nero and the kid in the maid get-up went at each other, and Arisu... shouted something about Gerlard's dick? "So we're gonna take 'em out. One by one." He was addressing all four of the surrounding combatants now.

Just then, Morgan unleashed a sizable wave of magic, causing Tyson's trench coat to flare violently from the sudden force. He watched as the young Witch summoned a skeleton familiar, before unleashing a salvo of flaming skulls upon the dragon in an attempt to aid Saul. Good. Together they might be able to keep the beast occupied for a little.   

"Alright..." Suddenly, Tyson tossed his pistol high into the air. "We'll let the Titan and Witch buy us some time with the big guy over there. But something tells me they won't last too long." Drawing his knife, the man twirled it skillfully before placing it's handle in between his teeth. "Zyg, Arisu, I'll need you to use your ranged abilities to keep them on their toes, and more importantly cover our asses..."  Tyson voice was slightly muffled by the blade in his mouth but still clear enough to be understood.

Catching his pistol just as it fell into the arm that hung in the sling, he allowed his chain to fall from his sleeve before taking a step forward and sizing up Gerald and his pack of minions. "Rider, if you think you're up for it, I plan to engage them head on." He flashed Dirk a smirk. "The damage you did to my arm is going to take a little more time to heal before I can fight at full strength... think you can survive until then?" Not waiting for a response, Tyson shot forward with inhuman speed. 

"I'll be investing the lion's share of my focus on tracking each of our oppositions movements. Meaning I'll be leaving the reaction to you, Ripper" Mephisto's voice sounded just as the man halted his advance at the halfway point between the two opposing sides. "Roger." Tyson found time to reply whilst leaping high into the air with jet of flame. 

Spinning in his jump, the Ripper gathered energy in his palm before locking eyes with Gerald. "You've really got a f***ed up notion of hospitality, pal..." Tyson called down towards the pack of zombies as he thrusted his good arm forward with his hand spread wide and fire dancing at his finger tips. "and I think it's about time you burned for it!" Intent on staying true to his word, Tyson let loose a large torrent of hellfire to consume each and every one of his opponents. 

Shadow Plateau

His head hung low, as the words of the contestants rang inside of his mind.

"You...call this a plot twist?"

"Hubris. You think yourself god when really you're just another pathetic human."

"You've really got a f***ed up notion of hospitality, pal..."

"You might be on top of the world, on top of the universe, but you'll fall soon enough."

And yet how right they were.  For the most part.  And then he watched Cam get up.  After being skewered by hundreds of thousands of daggers, he was rebuilt in a moment's notice.  This, he remembered.  It was the one other satisfying moment that was occurring in this drab environment.  A smile crossed his face, but quickly faded as he drowned out the incessant moaning and groaning before him.  Things were becoming stagnant.  Stale.  Boring.  That was what he had hated the most.  This was all supposed to be for the entertainment factor.  But they just continued to blab, and blab.  They were literally boring him to death.  The ignorance of the lesser was such a chore.  But that's what knowledge was for.  

But before he could he could answer their concerns, Gerald was rudely attacked by Tyson.  He frowned, eyeing Tyson as he came down with a flurry of hell fire at his fingertips.  Silently, Gerald turned to Kokoro, and nodded as the fire consumed them both.

Kokoro shot up out of the flames, her skin blackened and cracking from the fire.  She snatched Tyson out of the air, and pinned him to the ground.  Her eyes wide, white, and empty, she placed her hands around Tyson's neck, and began to strangle him as her grip tightened.  All the while, her body was rapidly healing, the burns subsiding quickly, and her skin returning to normal.  The leg she broke on impact had already righted itself, and her bruises had vanished.  And during this time, Kokoro's strength was steadily increasing.  Up to one hundred percent more compared to her first bout with Tyson.

"Hospitality," Gerald said stepping out of the flames unharmed.  He dusted the soot from his suit jacket, and stomped out the remaining flames near his left foot.  "This was never about hospitality.  That you would think so is rather odd.  This was supposed to be for fun, but you've gone and ruined it," he said to a choking Tyson.  "Though, your entire life was spent capitalizing on the misfortune of others.  So you would know all about ruining the fun, you boring bastard.  I'll let you enjoy the wild and raunchy Kokoro for a while.  That's how you like your women, right?  Brainwashed and slutty?  Enjoy, Tyson," Gerald said turning his attention to Saul.

"And you.  Big mouth.  Little brain.  You don't actually believe you're a Titan do you?  You're barely a few thousand years old.  Titans have been extinct since the era of the elder gods.  Zeus, Hades, Poseidon.  The actual Titans towered hundreds of feet.  You're little more than an over grown serial killer with a 'whoa is me' complex.  You're about as close to the Titan race as the velociraptor is to being human," he said matter-of-factly.

"There's a reason you were hidden in Mount Emei.  You're just another experiment.  Another half-breed.  Even with created godly lineage you're still a waste of space."  Gerald motioned to Odette and Basil.

"You two.  Show your endearing and caring love to Morgan and Arisu.  I'm sure they're just itching to be held."

Odette twirled around like a ballerina, skillfully and graciously whipping her ribbons about as she approached Morgan.  Basil untied the bandages from his eyes, revealing the bright, empty white eyes that adorned his face, as he calmly walked towards Arisu.

"Oh, and Arisu, my dear.  Do be careful.  Basil is blind.  So he can't see any of your illusions.  But do enjoy yourself," he said sarcastically.

One remained.  The second strongest of the five.  "Robert," he called to Lotte.  "Assist Rhageos as long as you can.  You five have my permission to use your full potential here in this room," he said also nodding to Cam.  "Have fun, you kids."

Robert said nothing as he raced to Rhageos' side, acting as a second deterrent to Rhageos.  Gerald, however, was not about to wait around to see the results.  He knew what to expect.  He turned his back to the contestants, their voices and attacks ignored as he spoke aloud.

"Unit.  Evacuate the hotel.  Code 6-4-1-5-7-9.  This is not a drill.  I want all guests and staff moved out and compensated immediately.  Range, fifty miles.  Use whatever is necessary."

A confirmation beep played loudly in response to Gerald's demand, followed by a resounding alarm, and a rotating red alarm light in every major section of the hotel.

JQR3Vii.jpg

The Golden Gate Hotel

"Attention.  Attention.  All residents must evacuate the premises immediately.  This is not a drill.  Attention.  Attention.  All residents. . . "

A computerized voice played throughout the hotel, in both towers, and the theme park.  Rides were quickly but safely brought to an end as guests were evacuated a safe distance away from the hotel.  They were driven out hundreds at a time, guests and staff alike as hotel security escorted them down a marked road.

The remaining helicopter's on the roof of the hotel were flown a safe distance away, and within one hour, the hotel had been evacuated successfully.  During the course of that time, a number of silent things were happening.

The entirety of the hotel was now rigged to be demolished in an implosion.  And below the surface of the hotel, the foundation was being broken.  

JQR3Vii.jpg

Shadow Plateau

Gerald took a seat in his chair, as he reviewed the files of the contestants carefully.  He was still trying to find where in the time line something had gone askew.  But he was still missing it.  He started with them in alphabetical order, as they fought behind him.

Finally, word of the clearing of the hotel reached Gerald, as a ping on his cellular phone gave him an all clear.  He nodded, tossing the files aside.  He was wasting his time.  They were going to start all over again soon.  What did it matter now?

He would have to wipe the truths from their minds again.  Give them a new history.  Something more interesting this time.  Or, better yet--

"I could always get new contestants."

He could wipe the entire tournament.  Set the contestants free, and start with a new batch of experiments.  It wouldn't be hard.  But he would have to strike up a new contract.  That would be costly.  No matter.  It was time for Gerald to set other things in motion.  He--

"What!?" he said spinning around in his chair to face three of the Black Guard.  

"When was this!?" he demanded.  Gerald stood straight up, visibly angry.  The metallic floor buckled at his words, as he tried to assess the situation.  The Guard continued to communicate with him mentally, feeding very agitating images into his mind.  Slowly, he spoke again.  ". . .how long?"  As they finished, Gerald nodded.  "Then we haven't got time to waste, have we?

Camille!  Robert!  Odette!  Basil!  Kokoro!  Rhageos!  You have your orders!  Get it done!"

4DBHBQp.png

"You have your orders! Get it done!"

"As you wish," Kokoro grinned, tightening her grip around Tyson's neck. Seeing to Tyson's death would be her new favorite moment to live for. The first to best her alone...but by that principle, the one who broke her century-old image that she was invincible. And in the first round no less! Such a disgrace was not something she would forget, and certainly not one she had any intentions of forgiving. Ending it quietly like this was no fun, but the chance to see a person's dying face of despair would still be worth it, wouldn't it? First Tyson, then the others in this room. Kokoro was thirsty; she hadn't had anything to drink since losing her life in the tournament, after all. It would take at least two people.

Tyson's blood wasn't of any interest to her, though. And Kokoro planned to make that much clear to her target. Bringing her face close enough to Tyson's that he would be able to count the number of eyelashes on each of her eyes, or vice versa, the vampire whispered "After I kill you, I'm not drinking your blood. Somebody like you, drinking your blood might make me sick or worse. Just the thought of it nauseates me." With every word, she tightened her grip around Tyson's neck further until she could grip no tighter. This much gripping power would probably crush the neck of a regular human, but this was no regular human Kokoro was fighting...again.

The fact that he beat her in combat was more than enough to confirm that, and she wasn't about to take any risks after last time.

cY3QQDZ.png

Talk about a day that she'd need a nap and some ice cream after. One moment Noya was watching the matches of the tournament, next thing she knew she was being driven to unconsciousness by some seriously powerful forces. Then the next thing she knew after that, she was with all the other contestants and that crazy geezer Gerald. All the other contestants. Kokoro Kurosawa, the vampire that got herself killed in the first round. Odette, Basil, Camille, also contestants who had died. And...Robert Lotte. The creep who had felt her up, insulted her as both a fighter and a girl, and carried her away afterwards like he was the hero of some cheesy movie. Noya hadn't forgotten about him, and she still had a score to settle. Systematically unhooking, pulling off, and otherwise removing nearly every piece of gold on her body; all but the eyepatch. She was definitely stronger than she was last time she fought Lotte, but removing that eyepatch was a risk she didn't want to take.

A last resort, maybe.

Setting her eyes alight in a bright shade of violet, Noya directed a death glare straight at Lotte. She had a gut feeling that this time, it would actually be to the death. "Oi, maid boy!" she taunted. "Quit getting chummy with giant lizards already! I'm taking my rematch, and I'm not holding back this time!" If Lotte planned to ignore her here, despite the death glare and now the appearance of her distinct Titan Knuckles, she'd just punch him. That ought to get his attention.

LgDHoYz.png

This place was discomforting. It would seem odd for Vena, as an undead herself, to be put off by seeing people that she knew was dead, but this wasn't necromancy at all. No, this was something else. However, Morgan was also here. She'd be able to kick all of their asses, easily! Especially with the flesh golem herself as backup. Mr. Dillinger and the others were talking about all sorts of things Vena was only half paying attention to. What mattered was that Morgan seemed most upset about it all. She hadn't seen Morgan in this sour a mood in...ever!

BGM

Oh sheet, a dragon! This was not how Vena expected this to turn at all, but Morgan was in fighting mode. That meant she had an obligation to as well. Up until that point, Morgan had been tightly gripping Vena's hands in her own. That gave her confidence and vigor! As Morgan fired forth seven - wow, seven! - flaming skulls of explosive death, Vena added in two non-explosive flaming skulls of her own. She wanted to help! And it looked like Morgan wanted all the help she could get on this one; she was even summoning up a skeleton giant again!

"Stop anything that tries to stop me."

"What about me!?" Vena excitedly asked, her eyes ablaze with the desire to set something...well, ablaze. "Just tell me where to aim sis, and I'll light them up good!"

"After I kill you, I'm not drinking your blood. Somebody like you, drinking your blood might make me sick or worse. Just the thought of it nauseates me." Kokoro spoke down him as she continued to tighten her grip around his neck. 

"You know... f-from this angle y-you're breath taking...." Tyson made good use of his dwindling air supply; speaking through gritted teeth and forming the best sneer he could muster with his knife still between his mouth. He didn't need Mephisto to know that her strength was climbing fast, and as he stared up into Kokoro's eyes the man couldn't help but wonder exactly what Gerald had done to her. "Necromancy? Nah. Deadite? Nah. Time magic? Eh, maybe. Elder god bloo- " Tyson began running through the possibilities in his mind, only to be interrupted by... did his brain just shut down? "s***, this broad might actually be killing me....." Realizing that his healing factor was the only thing keeping him alive at this point, Tyson was forced into action. 

Channeling hellfire through his knife to super-heat the blade, Tyson took a moment to wink and Kokoro as he allowed her to bask in the growing heat of the knife for a fleeting moment. Well aware that he would have only mere seconds to act, the man suddenly burst into a flurry of movement; whipping his head to the side and savagely severing the hand that was gripping his throat with searing silver, then using the sudden confusion to slip from under her by firing off a jet of hellfire from his feet. 

Skidding across the cold metal floor, Tyson shifted to his side to aim the pistol he held in his slung arm and fired off two flaming shots towards his opponent to lay down cover for himself whilst he jumped to his feet. "You should have stayed dead, sweetheart." Now squaring off with this woman for the second time, Tyson began formulating a strategy as he plucked the knife from between his lips and returned it to his hip. The lacerations around his neck were very clearly visible and extremely painful, but he didn't have time to play games, and certainly couldn't afford  to waste any energy...  

"Not that wouldn't enjoy ripping into that pretty little body of yours again... " He continued, allowing his gaze to slide up and down her figure before inhaling deeply and filling his cheeks with air. This was his plan. Rile her up. Use her temper against her, then burn her out of existence when she finally slips up. 

Exhaling a massive wall of fire towards his target, Tyson gripped Mephisto's chain with his right hand and channeled hellfire through it before swinging the Devil's Arm in a sideways arc in an attempt smash and subdue the vampire in soul searing agony using the initial fire wall as a distraction. "Hope you like it rough!" He called over the roaring fire. 

"Thank you dear, but we're in the middle of something. Sing my praises after we've killed these freaks, okay?" 

The raptor seemingly looked confused.  Shaking his head, he figured it all out.  

"Of couuuurse!  I forgot that we were in the midst of combat!  Everything's been so crazy lately, and I'm still quite the inexperienced fighter.  I did lose after all!"  Speaking of losing, that lady who had defeated him...Nori!  She would surely be a great ally in this fight.  She seemed to be dazed with all of this commotion going on...understandable.  Zyg was still frightened by the sight of an actual dragon.  He was probably a pretty close relative to the dinosaurs...or maybe they were just creatures of legend with no ties to the biological evolution.  A product of this so called 'magic' that was being flung all over the place.  Morgan herself was showing off her own set of the so called magics, firing off flaming skulls and summoning a giant skeleton from the earth.  

"Impressive display!  You must teach me these 'magics' when we get back to the hotel....scratch that.  I don't think we're going back to our rooms anytime soon."  Zyg made sure to jump out of the way of an incoming stray bolt of lightning.  "I have my own way of fighting though!  A way that can rival the magics!"  He roared as he opened his mouth to fire off a concentrated beam of energy at the dragon.  It looked to do a hefty amount of damage to the dragon, as the spot that was hit seemed a bit scratched.  "I uh...I don't think I need my scanners to analyze that we aren't doing much to this guy!"

"Rhageos!  You have your orders!  Get it done!"

A tiny human had joined him on the battlefield.  It took every ounce of Rhageos' strength to not try and obliterate the thing where it stood...just with a sweep of it's tail.  

Rhageos snorted as each attack grazed his scales.  The flaming skulls seemingly lost their pyre before making contact with the dragon's skin, but the blunt force of the skulls still hit.  And then he saw him...a monster that almost towered over him...the remains of a real giant!  Rhageos snorted strongly, charging the bone titan, and lifting him off the ground.  The bones were heavy, but if it were a little meaty, maybe there would have been a bit more resistance.  He hadn't checked on Saul in a few seconds, so without witnessing the effect of his first attack, Rhageos chucked the bone titan at the fleshy one.  

Looking back to Morgan, a green flame started to seep from Rhageos' maw.  As it made contact with the ground, a faint sizzle could be heard before the fire bored through the floor.  Almost with a smile, Rhageos flung his head back, and then forward again, releasing a large ball of green and black flames.  Zyg rushed in front of Morgan, and fired a laser at the ball, making it erupt in a shower of emerald.  A dab of flame had hit the end of Zyg's tail, and it melted as if it were butter!

"Oh...that smarts..."  

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  Rhageos hocked another ball of green and black fire at the two.  

"...You really had to say it, huh."

The attacker is blind. Though, he's not the only blind person here. Time and times and times and times and times and times and times and times and times and times and times after times she had proven that her illusion wasn't her only trick. And her true magic isn't really [illusion] per se anyway. But details aren't important. She needs to end this nonsense. Gerald has left without her being capable of stopping him, but it's fine. As said, it's not the time for the rabbit to fall into the correct hole just yet.

"I'm sorry. I know beating up a disabled person is a bad conduct. I...I don't care anymore.

Screw it. Been ages Alice took over for me. And if Gerald said the truth, he's been playing with me as his puppet for ages too. I can't have that now. I'm not the shy girl that I used to be anymore. I have something to do now. My encyclopedia wouldn't fill itself on its own. I can't live together with Elspire and Fate if this bullshit still happens.

I'll write my own story from now on."

The others still was busied by their own battles. The boy in the hood attacked Morgan. The cyborg thing attacked the white haired dude thing. The abomination Gerald made from Elspire ended up fighting Morgan and...what's a dinosaur doing here? Back to topic. But yeah. The vampire girl attacked the other demonic guy that was going to be attacked by Elspire earlier. And she was faced against a blind seer. It's clear that a strong magic flowed through his veins. Her stone was in her pocket. She has seen how Alice used it so far. She could do something else with it. But...it would be hard. She couldn't fight well up close.

But...

Heat creates movement in the air. Controlling the temperature of one spot and another, she...

"Wind Chime: Kreis of Lost Promise!"

Moving the air into a circular motion, the magic spun and spun, creating rings around Basil. It spun faster and faster, expanding and constricting. It was merely a binding spell she invented off on a whim. Ice wouldn't work as well for what she wished to do, and earth isn't an option now. Morgan would probably conjure something better if Arisu's judgment on her was right. But eh, what she lacked in power, she had it in versatility.

"System Keraunos!"

The wind prison surrounding Basil was now covered in electricity. The spell intensified as Arisu put more and more of his mana into the wind prison - turning it into a live static wire that electrocutes anyone inside with numbing voltage. The magic soon will feed on Basil's mana instead of her own if she could help it. She still had enough mana for two more big spells. Hopefully she could do it before she had to reset and reload again.

No matter how many times had passed since the first time, it still hurts a lot.

"Weapon change: Black Hole Bomb"

That was fast, not to mention not welcome at all. Nero could only sigh in frustration as Camille charged his next attack after regenerating his wounds somehow. That would mean he had to completely eradicate his non-existence somehow. The so-called black hole had formed now nearby. It sucked as much as that old bastard - taking everything around it in as reality around it seemingly collapsed. It seemed to try taking Nero in by force, but Nero would have none of that bullshit. He summoned several of his flower chakrams, and threw them around towards Camille. Of course, he would dodge it without problems. That wasn't the thing he was trying to achieve anyway. Nero tried his chains on the chakrams, and their power helped pulled Nero away from the gravitational pull point enough so he could get away without being too resisted.

However, that did give him an idea. Though first of all, time for a long speech.

"You know, 'Camille'. I think it;s right for me to be disappointed by you back then. You think of freedom, but you still see things with a slave's perspective. You feel like fulfilling orders can get you freedom you wished, while all you did was dancing in the hands of your masters for their amusement. You seek the concept of freedom but barely has any idea on what it entails. You can only see your suffering, but does not try seeking a life you actually wanted.

That's what killed you. Like a slave, you desperately fought against me even when you're dying to follow your master's words. You walked to the edge of my sword knowing well that you'd die. You don't see any other alternatives. I respect people that fought to the bitter end, as long as they did it on their own will. If humans think like a slave, they better off be the eternal plaything of others for all I care. I guess that's why you end up being a sad boy toy of Gerald's even after you died.

Oh well, I'll try to ease your suffering."

Nero fired several of his chains towards Camille, binding him to restrict his dangerous movements. The gift he got, that he really despised but couldn't do much but to accept, was still in effect. The chains would be a lot more durable than ever, at least for a short while. Hopefully it could last long enough. The other side was then bound towards the Black Hole Camille summoned earlier. Nero stayed on guard throughout the process. Camille might still be able to do something about his binding and attack Nero during the procession. Nero smirked however, despite knowing that his plan wasn't foolproof.

"Let's see how you handle your own toy."

Morgan sighed. "Vena, you really shouldn't get involved in this..." Before she could say more, however, she was assaulted. She had to get out of the way as the dragon threw her skeleton across the room, and then used its breath weapon. The first attack was blocked by Zyg, and Morgan flinched. "You better be alright Ziggy, you're not allowed to die!" The second that was coming, Morgan knew she couldn't count on Zyg surviving. She grinned as she saw the not-zombie girl, Odor or something, attacking at the same time. Usually a new opponent would be trouble, but in this case...

"Stand back, Ziggy, Vena." Morgan said as she cast her spell. The roots, similar to those who had bound the dragon earlier, emerged from her hands again. This time, however, they were heading towards a smaller foe. Morgan commanded them to wrap around the ribbon girl that was heading her way, and dragged her out in front of the dragon's fireball. To Vena she said. "See, big sister has this all under control. Just keep yourself safe and you can do whatever you want. The dragon is mine, though. Maybe that boy that died last round, Lot?"

She really didn't want to send her into battle, but, knowing her, she'd do it eventually. Might as well give her a softer target than the dragon.

Speeches, again, that brought Cam back. Back to the battlefield. This man sure did love his speeches. But what did he know? Camille was no slave. Sure, he was following Gerald's orders, but it was his choice. Because he owed Gerald...What did he owe him for? That's right, he gave him his freedom?
Wait but...how? How did he give him freedom? He wouldn't be here if he was free, right?
No no no that was wrong. Nero killed him, that's why he wasn't free.

But then what was he fighting for?

Gerald, that's the answer. He's fighting for Gerald. Slavery? No, freedom, perfect freedom. Gerald saved him, Camille will now fight for him. It's his own choice, right? It didn't feel right, but it clearly was right. For why else would he be doing this?

Camille gripped his head as the thoughts clashed together. Finally, he paused, un-moving. Cam slowly lifted his head. "Too late." He said, sadly. He didn't know what he meant by this, he didn't know what was late, or why, but he just knew that something was late and so Nero's words didn't matter. "You had your chance. Now it's my turn!" There, there it was. Right? Yes, right, stop doubting! "I will take my freedom. My freedom from you! My freedom from your words, your actions, that confuse my heart and mind. How dare you; when I'm so close to achieving my goals!"

Nero managed to circumvent his attack by using his chains to pull himself away from the black hole. Then he had the idea to attach them to Cam, in the attempt to beat Camille with his own weapon. He felt the strong pull dragging him forward. "Nero, did you stop to wonder why it was called 'bomb'?" There was a noise, as something in Cam's arm flashed. The black hole suddenly imploded in on itself, rapidly shrinking in size until it vanished. Suddenly an explosion, seemingly out of nowhere, right where the hole had been. It wasn't a large explosion but it was strong, and close enough so that Nero would have to move to avoid being caught in it.

The chains dropped to the ground and Camille locked eyes with Nero. It was time to end this. "Game Over Sequence Start. Weapon Change, Final Smash Buster."

Camille's entire body began to glow with energy, as the weapon in his arm began to flash repeatedly, charging with power. "You have already lost. You have only delayed the inevitable. Try to stop me, it's no use, I win this round."

Saul

BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZNoOt3fjQ

Saul laughed at Gerald's words; his face was riddled with excitement over the foe he now got to fight.

"SO THE MONKEY CLIMBS A TREE AND THINKS HIMSELF TALL!" Saul laughed; using his magic to blink away from the lightning in a burst of flame and light. Saul appeared just in front of Elspire's leg, but thanks to his blink ability his blade was now glowing a bright, white-hot; and as he swung the sword towards the dragon's leg, it left a wake of billowing flames as the magic enhanced Saul's strength. "YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR 'GOD' SAID TO ME? HE SAID MY SPECIES WERE THE RIGHTFUL HEIRS TO THIS WORLD. YOU? IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT 'GOD', YOU WOULD BE WALLOWING IN THE MUD; KNEELING BEFORE US. YOU'RE WEAK, GERALD, AND YOU NEVER WOULD BE WHERE YOU ARE WITHOUT HELP."

Dirk

"Sounds like a plan," Dirk agreed with Tyson; drawing his piece. Morgan had her sights focused on the ribbon girl, while Tyson went after the goth chick. It looked matters were a little shaky on that end, so Dirk might need to step in if Tyson needs some help. Dirk looked at the dragon and decided... yeah, no. But, there was Basil; someone who was blind. Blind. There, an easy advantage! He could still throw a bone Morgan's way.

heh.

Dirk aimed his hand-cannon at Basil; directly at the forehead. Seeing as they were blind, there was no way they could see Dirk aiming his gun their way. Nothing to hear; and the blast of the gun being fired could be aimed anywhere. At worst, they would try to dodge in case it was fired at them and mess up their attack. At best? One more body. Dirk pulled the trigger twice; letting loose two bullets their way while still keeping an eye on Tyson.

Shadow Plateau; Basil

She surrounded him in a powerful display of magic.  Wind, electricity.  It was so. . .beautiful.  Basil smiled warmly, sliding his hand into the razor wind and lightning funnel that surrounded him, and watched his hand become shredded.  Even as his flesh was utterly destroyed and his hand was reduced to bone in mere seconds, Basil calmly withdrew his hand and examined it.  As his flesh regenerated, still smiling, Basil spoke.

"Your magic.  It is fluent.  Powerful.  Beautiful.  I envy you," he said softly out of the funnel that surrounded him.  As Gerald disappeared behind him and ordered Basil to finish his work, Basil's smile disappeared, and was instead replaced by a very saddening frown.  With dismay, he nodded, still speaking to Arisu.  "Please forgive me.  Gerald. . . Gerald saved me.  And I must protect him, at all costs.  But I hope that, in the next life," he said as his body went limp.  Arisu was now watching Basil cross ethereal planes, as he left his physical body.  A pale blue light emanated from him, as his spirit walked unharmed through Arisu's magic.

"You and I could be friends," his voice echoed.  "We could share the secrets of nature.  The passion of magic.  The power of the arcane.  Someday."  Basil clasped his palms together, and his body vanished from it's previous position inside of Arisu's funnel of magic, and reappeared where he stood now inches from her face.  His empty white eyes stared into her soul, as his hands remained together.  Having been strengthened by Gerald's design, Basil's powers differed from their original intent.  He had less to do, and more to accomplish with this enhanced strength.  And he was much more dangerous.  

Basil opened his palms, spread wide as he spoke.  "Winds."  At his words a powerful torrent of wind matched Arisu's own, encircling them both.  Basil moved his palms to the ground, as he looked into Arisu's eyes.  "Spirits," he muttered.  The tiny circle on which they stood began to change color, a seething, dark purple eeking from beneath their feet.  And now, the air around them grew thin, and hot, making it increasingly harder to breathe inside the cyclone.  Basil raised his hands again, and brought them together.  "I beseech thee," he continued.  "Eternal Winds:  Chrystanthemums".

The winds surrounding them turned dark, as the spirits began to climb from the nothingness now at Basil and Arisu's feet, and prepared to devour them both.

JQR3Vii.jpg

Shadow Plateau; Odette

Her dancing was interrupted, and she was dragged into the course of a devilish fireball.  Well.  That was rude.  Odette swiftly twirled her ribbons and caught the fireball, proceeding to fling it with her ribbons  high into the air.  Gripping the vines with her hands, she began to slowly rip them apart, as her hands burned at touching them.  When she finally managed to slip free, she dusted herself off, only to frown at seeing the stains on her dress.

"You've gone and ruined a perfectly good dress!" she shrieked.  "GERALD!  I'M GOING TO NEED A NEW WARDROBE!" she demanded as her ribbons folded and spiraled.  They twisted until they turned into javelins, and Odette charged.  "I'll skewer you and that little brat!" she cried as she sped up and zipped through the air at absurd speeds.  "You're gonna need a makeover after this, sweetheart!" she taunted Morgan.  Six javelin ribbon spikes, and three freely flowing, Odette attempted to bind Morgan in place, before piercing her through.

She commanded her three free ribbons to surround her target, as she closed in.

JQR3Vii.jpg

Shadow Plateau

"Well!?" Gerald demanded.  The Guard stayed silent for a moment, Gerald still growing angrier.  "Listen to me.  I need concrete answers.  Evidence.  Whatever you can find.  Talk to him.  We had a deal.  And if he cuts me off, there's going to be bigger problems than a few punk kids.  I will not stop.  I will reach into the pits and bring everything down with me.  Make sure he--no--make sure they all understand that."

The Guard silently disappeared back into the void, as Gerald watched the display from afar.  Basil had already ramped things up.  Camille was attempting to destroy the entire complex, and Odette was being Odette.  Kokoro and Tyson were engaged in a questionable romance. . .or standoff?  You couldn't tell if they were fighting or fuc--

"Robert!  Move your ass!  I have the highest expectations from you!" Gerald ordered.  Turning his back to the contestants, Gerald began taking off his suit, stripping down to his bare chest and shorts.  He threw the suit into the darkness that lingered at the rear of the plateau, and he began to stretch.  Gerald stretched out his arms and legs, rolling his neck and curling his fingers and toes.  "Unrestrained," he said turning around, malice in his eyes.  "I must be careful not to reach too far," he mumbled to himself.  He could barely hear the action from this distance, drowning out the needless chatter.  Just as the Guard returned, he focused on the contestants.

As they spoke to him, a frown crossed his face.  "Fine," he said.  "Tell him to send his best."

Lotte

Everything was darkness. Where was he? Who was ‘he’? Battle raged on around him dimly, as awareness began to stream in. He was Robert Eschalotte, the supreme battle servant to Gerald O. Dillinger. Absolute fealty to the master. His body leapt into action on its own, summoning forth a giant, black blade, crackling and sparking with dark energies. An order rang through. Kill. A new ally joined them soon after, a massive jet-black dragon, towering over the rest. As Gerald’s command passed through, Lotte sprung to the dragon’s side, callously gazing over the opposition. Someone was calling to him. Who could it be? No one except Gerald was important. Looking for the source of the voice, it locked onto a boyish girl glaring straight at him. How curious. She was forming some sort of giant gauntlets around her arms. Was she attempting to engage in battle? What foolishness. It was as if an ant wished to declare war upon God.

Instantly, he blinked towards her, lunging at her with incredible speed. Thrusting his massive blade forward towards her heart, the air burned as powerful sparks of energy flew. "yOu ARE INteRfeRING witH tHe mastER's ordErs. BEGone, ChIld." From behind, he could hear the master getting irritated with his lack of action. This would not stand. It must be rectified immediately. Any nuisance who would stand between him and success… would be eliminated. He wondered how the other figure would respond? Would they attempt to block it? That would be foolishness. It was a simple attack, but the force behind it could shear through a tank like a knife through hot butter.

4DBHBQp.png

"You know... f-from this angle y-you're breath taking...."

This human was the same as ever, wasn't he? Just had to be a smartass while somebody was killing him. What a detestable quality. A real hunter would focus on the hunt before looking and sounding good for imaginary people that were watching him fight. Besides, that imaginary audience - if Kokoro had anything to say about it - would be heartbroken to see their hero Tyson killed by the very person he'd bested once before. Kokoro still wasn't willing to forgive that insult to her name, and the bloodlust in her eyes showed it.

The next thing she knew, however, a blade of searing silver ran across her arm, severing her hand clean off, followed by jets of hellfire shooting from Tyson's feet, setting the vampire's own on fire. The vampire screeched a sound that was most certainly not human, glaring daggers at the human as he pulled out a gun. Guns meant bullets. She may not have been able to avoid the surprise attack with the knife, but a pair of bullets she could clearly see coming? Easy. Kokoro sidestepped out of the paths of the bullets, but somehow this tenacious human still had more tricks up his sleeve. Not to mention more words he didn't deserve the room to say.

"You should have stayed dead, sweetheart. Not that wouldn't enjoy ripping into that pretty little body of yours again..."

Tyson then spat forth a wall of fire, no doubt trying to stop her from approaching him again after the last time. The bright and roaring flames caught her eyes and ears so well that by the time she noticed the flaming chain coming around from her side, she barely didn't have enough time to get out of the way. She ducked under it, but the flaming chain still smacked her in the side of the face, leaving a searing pain where it struck and burning off a fair bit of the flesh where it had hit.

"Hope you like it rough!"

Did this man ever shut up? Kokoro could think of a few ways to put an end to his overconfident babbling, but by far the easiest would be to just kill him. Looking down at where there was previously a severed-off hand, Kokoro confirmed her hand had returned before making her own move. The sharp sounds of ripping flesh and cloth could be heard from the other side of the fire wall as a pair of holes were torn open in the back of Kokoro's clothes to make room for a trick of her own. In a matter of seconds, a pair of large bat-like wings the length of her arms had grown from her back, and with the sound of a resounding wingbeat, the vampire leapt upward to go over the wall of flames, looking down at her target.

"I invented rough!" Kokoro called out in response to her opponent's earlier comment before diving down at his location, feet-first so as to attempt to crash down onto Tyson with an aerial kick. This fight was just getting started, and she wanted to have some fun.

cY3QQDZ.png

"yOu ARE INteRfeRING witH tHe mastER's ordErs. BEGone, ChIld."

Holy crap, he was faster than Noya remembered. The psychic barely had time to use the full strength of her telekinesis to shoot upwards and dodge the incoming attack. Okay, so maybe this rematch would be a little tougher than Noya had initially anticipated. She'd have to do her best regardless; if there was any doubt before that her life was in danger this time, it was quickly erased with how quickly Lotte had moved in to attack. Rearing back one of her mighty fists of psychic power, Noya let loose with an unrestrained (sort of) attack of her own. Hopefully she'd be able to punch some sense into the boy. What the hell did they do to him anyway?

It wasn't anything like any psychic powers Noya had seen or heard of, and she had a pretty good knowledge on that stuff. Her gut told her it wasn't quite like the kinds of magic that Morgan girl was familiar with either. What was that crazy geezer?

"To hell with your master's orders! I'm ordering you to fight me again!"

LgDHoYz.png

"Stand back, Ziggy, Vena."

Morgan cast her root spell again, but this time she wasn't aiming for the dragon. To most maybe that wouldn't make sense; the dragon was the biggest threat by far, right? Why not just keep that one under control? But to Vena, it made perfect sense; Morgan definitely had a plan when she did something like that. This time she rooted up the ribbon girl, and moved her in the way to block the dragon's fireball! Talk about friendly fire!

"That was awesome!" the golem girl cheered. That was Morgan Reaperson for you; always has a master plan and knows how to use her magic in the best way possible! Everything she did was awesome, as always!

"See, big sister has this all under control. Just keep yourself safe and you can do whatever you want. The dragon is mine, though. Maybe that boy that died last round, Lotte?"

"I'll roast 'em good," Vena devilishly grinned. How like Morgan to want the biggest baddest enemy of the bunch, but Vena knew she could take him on! So now Vena was supposed to fight that Lotte boy? Well, two versus one wasn't really that exciting...but Morgan did say to go after him. So be it! Getting a running start first, Vena rapidly extended her legs once she was in a decent firing range from Lotte as a means of a makeshift springboard, quickly retracting her legs when she had sufficient jump momentum. Then, whilst in the air, a fireball in each hand formed in Vena's hands; fireballs she threw at Lotte from behind while he was dealing with that psychic girl what's-her-name, Nobrains or something?

Morgan didn’t expect the girl to fling away the fireball, but at least it was out of the way now. Hand on her hip Morgan gave a smile as Odette screamed about ruined clothing. “Not like your tacky outfit was worth anything, anyway.” She responded as the girl attacked.

As confident as Morgan sounded, she was getting concerned. The girl was faster than she expected, especially after that pathetic fight against Nori. The ribbons managed to wrap around her. “Tsk, how original.” Morgan said sarcastically. As the ribbon spears headed her way, she had to think fast. Her giant was still off to the side, possibly broken, and the roots wouldn’t be fast enough.
There was only one thing to do. Morgan flung five of her flaming skulls directly at the ribbons binding her, aiming for the middle just as the spears reached the halfway point between Morgan and Odette.
She concentrated, pouring as much magic as she could muster in the short time, increasing the force of the explosion. She was also caught in the blast, however she felt the ribbons loosen.

She gritted her teeth as she felt the pain caused from her own attack, and moved out of the way. A spear managed to make it through to cut a gash across her side.
“Ah, funk!” She cursed, as the wound began to bleed. Though, something seemed strange. There was blood, but not much. Instead a black tinged orange aura began seeping from the wound. Morgan recognized it, magical energy.

Morgan’s vision blurred a moment. Her head ached. She felt her heartbeat increase rapidly. Odd memories came to her mind, memories of a time long ago, a time before she was born. Something was wrong. But also oh so right. She could feel the magic in her veins. Warm, crackling, powerful. Whatever was going on, she would use it to destroy her enemies.

Morgan looked at her opponent. The witch’s eyes glowed orange as she flicked her right arm to the side. Five skulls formed to her right. She flicked her left and five more formed on that side as well.
Out of the corner of her eyes she could see Vena facing off against Lotte. It would be dangerous, but Morgan couldn’t afford to help just yet.
She’d just take care of that once she killed this jabroni and the dragon.

"I won't just kill you, I'll ERASE you!"
Morgan brought her arms forward, and the skulls launched themselves at Oddete. Ten, surrounding the girl and collapsing in on her.

Things were really heating up now.

Not only had the Titan managed to dodge his attacks, the man was insane enough to get into close quarters with him!?  RHAGEOS?!

The blade lodged itself into Rhageos' arm, and the flame shot fourth from the wound.  Rhageos shook the basement with a roar.  The first one of them to cause him any inkling of pain...and it was this fool?!  The fool he bested in the first round?  Saul might've been looking for a rematch...but alone...it would be a one-sided slaughter.  Rhageos lifted his arm, dislodging the sword from his arm.  The black blood started to seep slowly from the gash, but it was only a slight hindrance.  With his other fist balled up, a black sphere of lightning covered his fist.  Rhageos dug his fist into the ground, and launched it towards Saul, tearing up the ground as his knuckles skidded the surface, black lightning static left in the created crater.

"Titans...aren't gods....DRAGONS! ARE! GODS!"  

In the meantime, Zyg had made his way behind Morgan, along with what looked to be a miniature Morgan.  The two must've been related in some regard!  Before he could run a DNA comparison test on her, the midget shot out, challenging the Lotte boy with fire in her hands.  

"Morgan!  I'll go and help the mini-you!"  Turning around to talk to her, Zyg saw a bloody wound on Morgan's side.  The sight almost made him go feral, but he had to protect her.  A heat began to rise in his chest, and he shot a beam of energy at the fashionista.  With his attention back on the mini-Morgan, he started to pick up speed.  He made his way around Lotte and jumped from behind.  The high pitched ringing that came with his laser claws became ever so clear, as he brought them down on Lotte.

Lotte

~ OST ~

When Noya used her telekinetic powers to escape the death blow by throwing herself upwards not a moment too soon, Lotte instantly swung his blade in an upwards arc to try and catch her. Unfortunately, she had managed to leap out of the way, and the blade whistled only through the air and nothing more. ‘‘Tch.” Going on the offensive again, Noya lunged straight at Lotte, lashing out with a solid punch of psychic energy.

"To hell with your master's orders! I'm ordering you to fight me again!"

Ignoring her, Lotte quickly morphed his blade into a gargantuan fist almost as large as he was. Swinging his massive armored gauntlet, Lotte detected two other presences quickly speeding towards him. Sidestepping, he escaped the swipe of the incineratingly hot razor-sharp claws and the dual fireballs that had been aimed at his back. Readjusting his trajectory, Lotte swung in a sweeping fashion, intended to catch Zyg and Vena between the two massive fists. Were they to be caught, they would suffer a crushing force blow from either side that could inflict great damage, one much stronger than the other. The air itself twisted and crackled with dark energies as Lotte’s fist spiraled through the air on its path to destruction.

Captured between two incoming forces, their only option was to leap out of the way. Zyg leapt up into the air with his cybernetic legs, landing on top of Lotte’s fist as it smashed into Noya’s, digging into it with his claws. Vena barely escaped the death blow by jumping out to the side, crashing into the ground. With no other obstacles in the way, a resounding explosion instantly rocked out through the arena as the jet-black metal of Lotte’s weapon collided against the intense psychic energies of Noya’s fist. Blasts of gale-force wind swept out as the two opposing forces tried to subjugate the other. Grunting, Lotte poured more power into his attack, setting the entire gauntlet alight with roaring indigo flames. The raptor was forced to leap away lest he be burnt, and with the last resistance gone, Lotte let out an inhuman roar as he drove his fist forward, smashing through Noya’s energy fist and breaking it apart into crystalline shards. Ramming his gauntlet straight into Noya, Lotte sent her rocketing backwards.

~ OST ~

Whirling around, his gaze locked on the dinosaur and the little girl. The air began to distort behind Lotte, turning a stormy black. Rumbling with thunderous noise, the air began to cry as if space itself was being torn apart.

‘‘aLl ThOSE WHo OPpoSE US muST PeriSH!”

Hundreds of blackened weapons of all sorts appeared out of the pitch-black air, all glowing with purple light. Pointing at the two of them, Lotte swung his arm downwards. The air screamed as swords, axes, knives, lances, arrows, and hundreds of other razor-sharp bladed weapons arced through the air towards their intended victims. Simple defeat would not be enough. Lotte was determined to make it their burial.

Saul

Saul's blade managed to lodge itself into the dragon's arm; black blood seeping from the wound as the dragon lifted his arm away from the blade.

"Titans...aren't gods....DRAGONS! ARE! GODS!"  

Good; he was getting angry. An enraged dragon may be dangerous, but it will also be a poor fighter with predictable strategy. Speaking of; Rhageos threw his fist down; balled up with black lightning, and brought it towards Saul. Saul had already used a lot of energy with blink, and there wasn't a good chance of being able to dodge the attack successfully. Instead, Saul dug his feet in and held his blade in front of him in a defense position. The blast hit Saul and the blade; knocking him back and skidding across the floor of wherever they were in a shower of rocks and rubble. Saul came to a stop flat on his back; forcing his head from slipping out of consciousness and throwing his weight to his side; flipping around and springing back to his feet.

Saul stumbled on one leg slightly, doing his best to hide any pain that the attack had on him. This was a lot of pain; every muscle screamed from just one hit. So then don't let him get another hit in.

Saul's previous spell may have used a lot of energy, but he still had plenty to spare. Focusing his power, Saul sent a searing beam of light towards the center of the dragon's mass. As powerful as the beam was, Saul didn't expect it to do much against the dragon; but it hopefully will be enough of a distraction for the rest of these fools to do something about it.

Dirk

Dirk just kind of... stood there, amidst the chaos. Nobody was paying any attention to him, and every fight was occupied in one way or another.

"Well this stinks," Dirk muttered to himself, looking down at his gun, and back at the fight between Tyson and the other girl. Well, if there was any place he could help...

"Mind if I step in?" Dirk said to Tyson, squeezing off three shots at the vampire as it attacked Tyson. If there was anything Dirk knew about vampires, it was that there wasn't a very good chance of bullets doing much. Thankfully, the Dust Rider wasn't a regular hand cannon, and 15 mm rocket shells aren't terribly easy to snuff off.

In silence, Fate watched the battles that raged around her without moving an inch to act in it. Her stealth magic allowed her to be relatively not too noticeable, and it's helped with the fact that everyone's busy with their own opponents. It's not really her battle anyway. No reasons to risk herself here. She heard what Gerald said earlier, but she dismissed it as simply nonsense. Once this is all over, she'd just get out and live her own life safely. She didn't even know much of the people here.

Well, except Arisu.

She was weird. That's probably the easiest way to describe her. She looked just like a sociopath yet actually showed kindness towards her and spared Fate during their fight, for whatever dubious reasons the blue-haired young woman might have. Despite her creepy advances that gave Fate an uneasy feeling whenever she's around, Arisu did gave her promise to let her finally live her life without having to defend herself all the time for once. It's hard to say that she cared about that "young" woman for now, but perhaps...she could at least repay her a little bit.

iU8EggM.png

"...sheet, that's just unfair."

Arisu knew that her attack wouldn't be that effective, but how Basil regenerates all the damages done almost instantly was simply demoralizing. Not to mention, she just realized that she couldn't use the walls of the room as a material for her new body for some reasons (perhaps a strong anti-magic property?) so she could only rebuild it from the magical energy on the air. That would mean she would outright lose in a straight-up battle of attrition unless she could just obliterate him completely.

"Please forgive me.  Gerald. . . Gerald saved me.  And I must protect him, at all costs."

"You're not being saved. You really just can't see- oh. Of course you can't see it."

Basil didn't seem like he's responding to her taunt, however.

"But I hope that, in the next life," His body became limp mid-sentence. That was never a good sign. A blue light emanated, and Basil's spirit manifested outside of his body, before walking through Arisu's magic unharmed. That's even more unfair.

"You and I could be friends," his voice echoed.  "We could share the secrets of nature.  The passion of magic.  The power of the arcane.  Someday."

"...Why wait for the next life? You're talking as if that even exists. I'd be ecstatic to find a new friend, but hell no if I have to wait that long just to get one. Just- GET OFF ME YOU FREAK!" Arisu yelled in surprise as Basil reappeared right before her. His empty eyes stared straight into her similarly-empty soul. Creepy. Despite being close, she couldn't focus on what he's saying. She could only feel winds building up around them. What was that even about? Right, he would now try killing her for real. She...

was waiting for this exact moment.

"I beseech thee, Eternal Winds:  Chrysanthemums".

Spirits climbed under them. They might be going to consume them both. The wind around them was getting hotter and hotter. It's hard to breathe, and it's probably better to just stop trying to breathe now. Perhaps she would be torn apart by the winds like how Basil was torn apart earlier. That won't do. She'd pass out soon. Might as well do this.

"Return to origin! Magnum Opus: Dissolving Alkahest!"

Basic of one of alchemy's premise. The root element, where everything else is just a derivative of. The universal solvent that could turn anything into anything. Earth, WInd, Fire, Water, everything is all the same. The stone that she store in her pocket shone brightly, before creating a singularity around it aiming to dissolve everything around it into itself. Collapsing, just like a small black hole. A risky move since its range is small and it would otherwise expose her stone to her opponent's whims, but with both of them being this close, it's a worthy risk to take. Even with Basil having the ability to move into the astral plane, Arisu doubted that he would be capable of doing so if he had no body to return to. She had just hope that nothings happened before-

The sound of metal slicing through flesh. Pain. That hurts more than it should. Blood. Arisu couldn't feel her lower body anymore, not that it'd matter as this body would soon disappear. Behind Basil, she could notice Fate with her giant shears, cutting both of them in one strike. Arisu let out an annoyed look towards the girl with indecent clothing, while Fate herself only smirked a little. Her shears' range seemingly allowed her to attack away from Basil's typhoon, or maybe she's just braving through it with her sheer willpower.

"This is for back then. I can say 'thank you' too, you know?"

With that she withdrew her fate-cutting shears, and proceeded to do a vertical cut this time on both of the combatants as Arisu's stone continued to dissolve everything around it undisturbed.

iU8EggM.png

"...Ah."

Nero didn't move in time to avoid the attack fully, but avoided enough to not getting himself too obliterated. Seems like his plan had failed. Losing an arm should be a pan. That means six months of recovery. Not something he'd look forward to.

"Game Over Sequence Start. Weapon Change, Final Smash Buster."

"You have already lost. You have only delayed the inevitable. Try to stop me, it's no use, I win this round."

"Fatalism is only for slaves!

And I'll be honest. An attack as flashy as what you would fire...telegraphs your intent clearly enough to me. You know what I can do. I can just flash step my way out of harm's way while letting you hit your allies with your so-called Final Smash Buster. In a real battle where your life is an actual risk, charging such an impractical, flashy, and slow attack would just make you get killed. Seems like you're trying your best in disappointing me the deeper we go in this battle.

Here, let me show you a sample of what might happen to an unsuspecting kid like you."

The fact he could talk long enough without being attacked is proof that the attack took too long to charge. Nero, as he didn't intend on fighting the boy head-on with his current condition, he was content with just summoning his sword copies and flower chakrams to fire at the boy from as close as possible. It would be nice if he could find a way to overload the boy so he would explode on himself, but what's best to do right now would be to just destabilize him enough before the attack's fully charged.

“Your words mean nothing.” Cam spoke slowly. “The only words that matter are Gerald’s orders.”
What? No, that doesn’t make any sense. Camille was a free man, he wasn’t following orders. He was following...freedom. Yes, Gerald’s freedom. His freedom.
“Wait...No, stop trying to confuse me! I am not a slave!” Camille growled and charged Nero. He wouldn’t give him a chance to open his mouth again. He was trying to poison Cam against his master.
No, his freedom! There are no masters when one is free!
Then what is Gerald? A friend, of course, a friend. This is what friends do for their friends right?

“I don’t get it, Camille, why can’t I sleep on the bed?” Camille’s fellow maid looked legitimately confused. If it wasn’t so adorable, Cam might be frustrated his work mode had been interrupted.
“We’re supposed to be cleaning the bed, Liz, not sleeping in it. C’mon, let me show you.”
“Ooooh that’s so much better than the way I’ve been doing it!”
“How...never mind, I don’t want to know.”

What...was that? Cam dodged out of the way of another sword. It seemed so familiar. But so far away. His eyes glazed over as he continued to dodge Nero’s increasingly fierce attacks.
“You can’t stop me now, I’ve memorized your patterns, I know all the moves, I have mastered this game before we began!”
Game...

“You funking cheater!” Cam raged, slamming his fist into the arcade cabinet.
The hologram dragon emerged from the smoking cabinet, looking smug. “I do not cheat, dear Camille. I merely know every piece of data inside these games. A perk to living inside them, I suppose.”
“I still say you cheated, Tes.” Cam responded grumpily, before storming off. Tes was about to speak, but Cam cut her off. “Yeah yeah, I’ll be back to clean it later, cheater!”

Stop stop STOP! Why? Why were these...were they memories? Why were they filling his head? Why now? What was going on? It was another of his tricks, wasn’t it!? “YOU BASTARD WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?” Cam shouted, attempting to sweep Nero’s legs from under him. The demon, of course, dodged the enraged attack, but Cam hardly noticed.

He wasn’t going to let the demon get to him, he wouldn’t show his fear!

“G-g-get it away from me!” Camille stared at the dog, inexplicably wearing a guard uniform, standing before him.
One of his new employers, a small girl named Sirenai, started to giggle. “Haha, the new maid is silly, isn’t she, mom?”
Another employer, a much less small woman, Tiamat, also gave a laugh. This one more throaty, almost seductive. “Yes, very...silly. I think we’ll have a lot of fun with this one~”
Cam gulped, having successfully forgotten about the dog...until he started talking.

No no no no nononononono, none of this mattered. “That isn’t me anymore, the past means nothing, there is nothing left! Stop this now!” Cam screamed, tears running down his face. He glared at Nero. It was his fault. If not for him...he’d...he’d...what would have happened? He’d be free. Right? No, he wouldn’t. He would never be free unless...Unless what?

It didn’t matter. “It doesn’t funking matter!” There was only one thing to do now, end this fight.
Cam could feel the energy radiating from his entire body. This was it, he was ready. He closed in to Nero, recklessly dodging the attacks, knowing just where to place his body to barely avoid decapitation or other such injury.

Then he was there, staring the man in the eyes, as he pulled his arm back to punch the demon in the chest. “You lose.” He growled. His fist, the one where most of the energy was located, connected with Nero’s chest, and the
shot forward. Just before it exited the Buster, Camille, still looking into Nero’s eyes, faintly, seemingly subconsciously, whispered. “Don’t leave me.”

Basil

This was possibly the most beautiful experience he had ever shared.  Right now, two different types of magics were intertwined, as Basil clashed with Arisu.  He couldn't help but smile in wonder as his spells were interrupted by Arisu's own magic.  It didn't pay to have to have the magics spar with one another.  Deadly things were bound to happen.  Most of the time anyway.  Just as he was about to praise Arisu for her prowess in magic and the potency of her spells, he felt a pain in his body, and even deep within his reborn soul.  His very magic was being drained, as fate changed.

Only this time, Fate was on Arisu's side.  Still smiling, Basil began to weep tears of happiness.  He even laughed--though nearly inaudible--as he placed an open palm against Arisu's face.  "Behold," he said through the pain.  "That our bodies are intertwined in a fate, by Fate, of some of the greatest magiks of all time.  It is most fortunate that you and I can be granted vast forms of life.  This beautiful life that we live.  Tarnished with bloodshed."

As Basil's body went limp, both halves of his body split between Fate's sheers, and fell with a thud to the ground.  His innards spilling from his body, slowly bleeding out onto the cold metal floor.  But as Basil's lifeline began to slip away, and his soul was meant to pass on unhindered, a voice called out to him, snatching him back to his place.

Even Fate's shears were not powerful enough to break this sorcery.  And as he was forcefully pulled back into life, Arisu and Fate could watch with sheer disgust and horror at Basil's rapidly regenerating body.  His innards returning to their place in his torso.  His legs being perfectly reattached.  His very soul being recreated inside of his shell of a body.  Basil was whole again.  And with a reluctant smile, he stood to his feet.  He placed a cold hand on Fate's shoulder, commending her.

"Your efforts--your powers--are valiant.  But as long as Master Gerald lives," he said as a creepy blue and black aura emanated from the hand he placed on Fate's right shoulder.  "None can defy him.  Not even the gods," he wept.  He cautiously embraced Fate, hugging her warmly as the sinister evil that surrounded him fully enveloped his body.  Then, standing aback from her slightly--as if to get a better look--he nodded with his hands still on her shoulders.  "It is good to see that you are well, Fate," he said happily.  Slowly, Basil's spirit began to leave his body, as it went limp once more.  He continued to speak, as his spirit approached Fate slowly.

"It seems that you too--even with your magnificent strength--are blinded by the world around you.  It is for the best that I bring you to Master Gerald," he said as his voice echoed and vibrated.  "But you cannot come to the master in this form," he said as he stretched out an ethereal hand.  "Come.  I will free you," he said reaching for Fate's heart.

Odette

She lived?  She lived?  Well that didn't make any sense!

"I won't just kill you, I'll ERASE you!"

Morgan taunted Odette as she launched ten flaming skulls at the marionette that was Odette.  As Odette landed, she looked up to Morgan and right into her eyes as the skulls crashed down around her, and incinerated nearly her entire being.  But from the ashes, her ribbons stuttered.  A finger moved.  An eye blinked.  And a voice spoke.  Retrieving Odette from death in the shadows behind them, she too was brought back to the plain of existence.  And knowing this, she complied with no fuss.

"Is that the best you can do?" she said as the ashes lifted themselves up and began to form a skeleton.

"Halloween magic?  Is that it?" she questioned as the flesh began to mold itself around her bones.

"You're a witch," she taunted as skin began to grow from her toes, upwards in a slow ascent.

"You're supposed to be one of the most dangerous things in all of badness.  But all you can do is conjure a big bone idiot and throw some hot calcium at me?"  As her clothes began to rewrap themselves around Odette's body, she flicked her hair, frowning.  "That's some boring magic.  Gerald should have no trouble with you," she nodded.  "And it's no wonder Dirk wouldn't take to you.  You're as boring as a doornail!" she taunted Odette.  Odette slowly turned, whistling in Dirk's direction.

"Ooooh, Dirk!" she cooed, blowing him a kiss.  "I'll show you a good time.  After I'm done with this one."  Odette stretched, rolling her neck.  "Let me show you what ladies with talent can do!"  Her ribbons began to spin around her, moving elegantly between her fingers, between her legs, around her torso, and past her head.  The ribbons swirled quickly, increasing in speed until they completely shut off Odette from the outside world.  And then, as quickly as they moved, they stopped, and fell to the ground with a heavy thud.  Odette stepped past her ribbons, and held out her right hand, snapping her fingers.

The ribbons began to twirl up again, now taking on the distinct shape of a human body.  As their twirling began to slow, Morgan could now make out what was the exact workings of a brand new Odette, with exact detail, from head to toe, inside and out.  

And at the same time, the two Odettes turned to Dirk again, whistling once more.  "Three way?" she teased, before turning her smug mug back to Morgan.  "If you're nice Morgan, I'll tie you up and you can watch," they said in unison.  The Odettes leaped forward, bouncing back and forth with drastically increasing speed.  They quickly became blurs, as ribbons stretched behind the two of them. 

The Odette duo skidded to a halt on either side of Morgan, their fists drawn back.  "Trick or treat!?" they taunted, launching heavy power packed punches at Morgan's face.

Archived