THE NEXT GREAT RP [Discussion/Interest Check] *All aboard the Hype Train*

Aix

haha i'm such an arrogant fuck  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next great RP that comes to YCM?

• Blueblood
    • Clockwork Souls
    • Either is fine.

As of today, I am finally free for the summer. Summer is the time when we all stay cooped in our homes and roleplay on a children's card game forum, am I right? It's time to bring some life and HYPE back to this forum now that I'm done with exams! I was considering pushing back my next RP, but I think I'll start getting working on it since I'm pretty sure I won't be too busy over the summer.

I will be bringing back one of two super popular RPs of the past: Blueblood and Clockwork Souls. Both will be reworked a bit to improve the plot and setting, and overall make it a better roleplay. Allow me to give you all a brief summary of what each roleplay entails.

Blueblood #Space Opera, Mecha, Military, Sci-Fi

A grand mecha space opera taking place far into the future where the Alfar, a supreme elven race that once ruled the galaxy, is being pushed back by a coalition of lesser races in a war of unimaginable scale. You were a high-scoring student of Academy IX, one of the Alfar Empire's military academies, but now you and your comrades will take to the stars as the soon-to-be-legendary Ninth Fleet under the military prodigy, Admiral Lonn. You're still wet behind the ears, but better get your game together because the Ninth Fleet will be pivotal in determining the fate of the galaxy and trillions that dwell within!

Clockwork Souls #Steampunk, Action, Academy, Fantasy

Daedalus College is one of two premier military and technology schools in the Holy Britannian Empire, a huge technologically advanced nation intent on ruling the world. Despite being one of the important tools in the Empire's Manifest Destiny, Daedalus College's selection process and key to success are shrouded in mystery. A letter arrives to you telling you have been admitted; what awaits you within its brass gates? Clockwork Souls is a steampunk fantasy with a unique combat system combining magic-enhanced combat with controlling automatons.

Please don't vote if you don't intend on joining either.

Clockwork Souls is more accessible to new players (i mean players that didn't join the original), have a less niche genre in regard to YCM, and since this is summer vacation (or will be soon), CS'll be more fitting as a more communal RP, to grind up some activities back up in the section.

Yeah, this is why I'm putting up this poll even though I said I'd have Blueblood up.

Given the recent discussion (I do keep up with the forum), would there be any sort of limited entry in either?

I have more interest in steampunk than space opera, which tells my vote right away.

I'll totally be free, too, and my semester only begins September 8th, which is far from now.

I have certain questions about Clockwork Souls though would be wondering if I should ask them here or elsewhere, since they ignore we which would be a preferred roleplay.

Wait until I have the actual thing up. Or you can ask in PM if you really want.

I like space operas (see: Star Wars) though I have to say I probably prefer space westerns (see: Firefly). The military and mecha aspect sound interesting though...

I'm a fan of steampunk, though not to the obsessive level that my stepsister is. The academy+fantasy genres are right up my alley, and I would usually vote Clockwork Souls right off the bat, but atm been fascinated with adventure stories, so yeah.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that I don't mind either way. Both ideas sound like they have the potential to be good RPs.

I like the idea of Clockwork souls better on paper. But both seem like they would have their issues concerning god-modding if not properly worked out with a very strict set of rules. I'll put my vote in for Clockwork Souls, mainly because I can get into that atmosphere much easier than Blueblood.

There is definitely the problem of rules that need to be set out if you are going to do either; thank you.

I think Clockwork Souls works out much more cleanly. The atmosphere seems more like the beginnings of a Role-play rather than long past the buildup that I can sort of see with Blueblood. Blueblood seems to also be more difficult to deal with as in the scope of where you can go; it could be taken to different parts of the world where people can be separated and confusion can occur.

Well, looks like Clockwork Souls is gonna win out, so I've got a few things to say.

1, I hate you Aix.  I was excited about Blueblood coming back, but you had to go and do this right here.  I do not exactly take kindly to someone going back on their word.

2, I don't understand the appeal that Clockwork Souls has.  It's an Academy RP, which honestly just... they don't appeal to me anymore.  I've seen too many of them miss out on opportunities or fall apart in a week.

3, I hope you guys have fun with your weird steampunk thing, because I won't be joining you in it.

So yeah, there's my pseudo-rant.  I now wash my hands of this.

If the other one gets picked, does that mean I no longer have to make the logo or

Nah, both are definitely coming back at some point... though pretty please could you make a steampunk logo as well? :>

I have no interest in Mecha RP's. Like none at all. I was however interested in Clockwork Souls, and I'm more than willing to give that a try if it comes up, because even if Academy RP's may be commonplace, it's not common to see them done well, and I have faith that Aix could manage to do that.

I hope at least. Don't let me down Aixey. ;-;

Nah, both are definitely coming back at some point... though pretty please could you make a steampunk logo as well? :>

Yeah I don't mind, just tell me which you want for now with details on exactly what you want. 

Well, looks like Clockwork Souls is gonna win out, so I've got a few things to say.

1, I hate you Aix.  I was excited about Blueblood coming back, but you had to go and do this right here.  I do not exactly take kindly to someone going back on their word.

2, I don't understand the appeal that Clockwork Souls has.  It's an Academy RP, which honestly just... they don't appeal to me anymore.  I've seen too many of them miss out on opportunities or fall apart in a week.

3, I hope you guys have fun with your weird steampunk thing, because I won't be joining you in it.

So yeah, there's my pseudo-rant.  I now wash my hands of this.

1. Don't worry, we hate you, too.

2. ALL RPs die in a week, to be completely honest. Unless someone really is ACTIVE in involving themselves with the RP, then it won't die out, like most of them have. Aix I believe will try to make the most out of the RP when it comes to cleaning things up. And I don't believe Aix is the type of person to "go back on their word", like you said.

3. Okay. Good to know. Not like this is a final message and it's set in absolute concrete yet.

1. Don't worry, we hate you, too.

2. ALL RPs die in a week, to be completely honest. Unless someone really is ACTIVE in involving themselves with the RP, then it won't die out, like most of them have. Aix I believe will try to make the most out of the RP when it comes to cleaning things up. And I don't believe Aix is the type of person to "go back on their word", like you said.

3. Okay. Good to know. Not like this is a final message and it's set in absolute concrete yet.

1. Quite untrue

2. Quite untrue. (Also the "word" he's referring to is that Aix has been telling a group of people BB was coming back and Keto has been doing world-building stuff for it, just so you know what you're talking about)

Annnnyway, honestly I don't have a particular preference on this one. Just be sure the people who want a certain RP actually plan on sticking with it.

Archived