[Finished]Rise of the Damned Ones [Finished] LOCK PLEASE

BatMed

Yes, it's just

A) Bat is still gone, so it's only me grading

B) I had to regrade everything because 3 days ago when I was gonna post, I lost my notes due to a reboot of laptop

Results should be up tomorrow for sure though

Alright, thank you for clarifying, Dark. ^^

Apologies for the delay, but it is set! Scores are in, and the Rankings are:
  1. Next Tuesday
  2. Wildflame
  3. GarlandChaos
  4. Forest Fire

I'll attempt to leave Bat to distributing reps and points, but I can do so myself if he ends up being out of it for too long, PM me for such I will say. For now, here are scores. These are my own, so any conflicts or questions should be directed over to me. Otherwise, thanks to everyone for entering!

[spoiler Forest Fire]
Forest Fire: (Hyperion DeVille)
Score: 30
Originality: 5
Balance: 6
Usability: 10
Flavor: 9
So I didn't find this one to be particularly original, but it did some things here and there so I gave points where they were due. I gave full usability points because of the use with First Lord of Horror and the flavor was on point. Balance wise, it becomes redundant and a bit in your face when paired with the First Lord of Horror, practically assuring the Archfiend player to have a Hyperion esque card every turn by the time you get Horror, which is kinda huge. Its existence sort of makes sense, but I don't exactly find it to be absolutely necessary

[spoiler Garland Chaos]
GarlandChaos: (Spirit Infested Armor of DeVille)
Total Score: 31
Originality: 10
Balance: 10
Usability: 3
Flavor: 8
So I don't have a lot to say on this one. I looked onto this and I really wanted this to be particularly good, the mechanics with this could have been really interesting, but too high of costs and mismanagement of power really made this card kinda fell off. The flavor is somewhat awkward considering Mazera, but nothing too notable. I don't know. It's definitely original and has some balance, but it just is not that realistically usable, even considering a gimmicky deck or two.

[spoiler Next Tuesday]
Tuesday: (Entache DeVille of Noir)
Total Score: 44
Originality: 10
Balance: 9
Flavor: 10
Bonus: 5
So this one I actually really like. I feel a certain way about being able to straight up Normal Summon this card for controlling a Field Spell, but considering it doesn't advance your gamestate heavily a lot of times, I don't 100% mind this. The flavor for this is quite nice, being a literal French take (Which is the language by which the name Deville the cadillac originates from) on a literal counterpart to Tethys namewise. However, the effect is quite a bit different and has some more interesting applications to it. Instead of becoming a possible loop card like Tethys, Entache gives you the chance to replish a few resources after exhausting cards to put out a card like Mazera or whatever boss you put in your Deck with Pandemonium, which could take 3+ cards. It makes it a really useful card, and really one I would love to see in the game to give the Decks it would work in a standing chance without giving a tiered Deck like Infernoids that could use it too much to work with.

[spoiler Wildflame]
Wildflame: (DeVille, Archfiend Dictator)
Total Score: 34
Originality: 8
Balance: 4
Flavor: 7
Bonus: 5
This is the one on here that I believe does a bit too much. Let's start with the positive. The Kristya requirement is neat, and the foolish effect is perfect for such a card to go with Fiends. The stats make it a formidable boss on its too feet, so it all is a nice combination. However, the second half of it is where it gets abusive. The protection is too much, and the float is really what makes it over the top. You already have relatively FEW conventional answers to this card, the most notable coming down to Raigeki, Dark Hole, Diamond Crab King, and backrow like Mirror Force, but then afterwards you have the Towers effect every turn this is VERY strong. It activates from the Graveyard as well, which makes it very tough to stop. While Pandemonium is on the field, it is free and even then, the 1k payment is still not bad at all. Where this card really becomes crazy, however, is Infernoids. Drop this off of Reasoning or Monster Gate, or heck, after milling a few Infernoids, and you are already a bit ahead of the opponent. You can't drop more Infernoids, but you still got a huge field presence and when it gets destroyed, your opponent is on the clock. Infernoids are already pretty potent, so letting them have this is a bit too far imo, and in general that is my feeling about it. It pushed itself over the edge and is a good idea taken a bit too far. Flavor wise, it is pretty awkward with the name being DeVille rather than the DeVille being the trait to it, but I think I understand what is trying to be approached.

Archived