[Finished]Rise of the Damned Ones [Finished] LOCK PLEASE

BatMed

200_watchers_contest___by_batmed-d8y3jrd

After obtaining 200 watchers on my DeviantArt, I decided to host a contest to celebrate. I decided to carry a different version of said contest over to YCM

**From hereon out the format is mostly ripped from Toyo, who mostly ripped from Sakura**

Theme
After taking note of Mazera DeVille due to my recent supports to Archfiends, I took note of a lack thereof of DeVille monsters, in spite of Zerato getting a follow up in the form of Fairy staple Archlord Kristya. As such, the theme of this contest is:

Create a DeVille monster, whether it be a counterpart to a Fairy-Type boss monster or a brand new Fiend ala Kristya to Archlords. The key things to keep in mind are Level 8, DARK, Fiend, Main Deck monster with 2800 ATK and 2300 DEF

Deadline
July 7th GMT +7. Though, I'll try to get judging done before then.
Entry is closed around a week from now, if there are at least 7 participants. If not, then we can start judging process immediately then~

Entry Fee
None. Nada. Nil. Zilch. Etc

Rules
1. Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to abide by / follow them in this contest. 
2. Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; do not use the cardmaker to generate a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format. 
3. When posting a card, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for the judges to read your effect. Also make sure that you post it properly using the cardmaker. 
4. You are allowed to make edits to your card until the deadline, HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product.

Prizing 
1st - 1000 points + 3 reps
2nd - 500 points + 2 reps
3rd -  100 points + 1 rep

Winner also gets their card coded into YGOPro.

Judges
Alongside the DeVille of Darkness, I will be accepting up to two members to help me judge entries
Remember that you need to have passed the exam in order to qualify

Post if you're interested.

[spoiler=Grading Scale]

[spoiler=Darkness - Btamed]

X/40
Originality: 10 - While re-inventing the boss monster isn't a totally necessary thing, it just is looking for some creativity or unique approach to an effect, etc
Balance: 10 - This can go several ways, but basically don't make it as bonkers as Mazera's discard 3 on summon
Usability: 10 - I don't expect your card to put a Deck on the map or be competitive at all, but this is graded on whether the card is generally playable and/or particularly useful in the Deck or Decks it is intended for
Flavor: 10 - Does its flavor work in tandem with the requirement?
Bonus: 5 Points - Does your card have effects that require and/or apply while Pandemonium is face-up on the field? Do they tie in well?

Contestants:

Forest Fire

GarlandChaos

Next Tuesday

Wildflame

Just so you know, exam is technically deactivated if you read the announcement above.

I'm assuming you aren't judging the entries yourself, otherwise by section rules, you must post your scale as well.

Make sure you and Darkness (and whomever helps you to judge) synchronize your rubrics, so you each have equal say.

Just so you know, exam is technically deactivated if you read the announcement above.

I'm assuming you aren't judging the entries yourself, otherwise by section rules, you must post your scale as well.

Make sure you and Darkness (and whomever helps you to judge) synchronize your rubrics, so you each have equal say.

Whoops! That's my bad actually. Rubric wise, me and Bat's are identical, so that is what to expect from both of us

since the exam is deactivated, then I'll judge the entries, and as Darkness mentioned above, our scales are the same  

[spoiler Bow Before the new Hyperion]82AeGGx.jpg
Lore: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 Level 5 or higher DARK monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only Special Summon 1 "Hyperion DeVille" per turn this way. You can banish 1 DARK Fiend-Type monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. You can only use this effect of "Hyperion DeViille" twice per turn, and if you do, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn.

So I had this art sitting around for about a day trying to come up with something for it and when this contest came up I knew I had to use it (i would preferred it being a DARK Fairy or LIGHT Fiend, but oh well. Effect is basically Hyperion. After a suggestion by another user, I edited the card to be: 1) Harder to get out. 2)Non- abusable in Burning Abyss. 3) Opt on the Summon. 4) Hard Opt (in general).

hopefully I didn't go overboard.

Here's my submission! I decided to be a bit creative. Hope you guys don't mind. ^^;

mqvUdTa.jpg

Lore: Cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effects. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Summoned or flipped face-up (unless it is equippped to a monster): Return it to the hand. You can Normal Summon/Set this card without tributing, but its Level becomes 4 and its original ATK and DEF become halved. Cannot be destroyed by battle. You can discard 2 monsters from your hand and banish 3 monsters from your Graveyard: Special Summon this card (from your hand) in face-up Attack Position. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 face-up Warrior or Fiend-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. While equipped by this effect, the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle and gains DEF equal to this card's original DEF and ATK equal to half of this card's original ATK. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by card effect, destroy this card instead.)

Design notes: Hoo boy. This thing was a doozy to make. At first I just wanted to make it a regular old Spirit Monster, but then I had the wild idea to make it a Spirit Union monster, which I don't believe is actually a thing yet. Since it's a suit of armor, I decided to give it the protective and buffing effect, as you see here.

EDIT: Fixed the other other error, you can judge now.

Lore: Cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effects. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Summoned or flipped face-up (unless it is equippped to a monster): Return it to the hand. You can Normal Summon/Set this card without tributing, but its Level becomes 4 and its original ATK and DEF become halved. Cannot be destroyed by battle. You can discard 2 monsters from your hand and banish 3 monsters from your Graveyard: Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. When this card is Summoned, once per turn, you can either: Target 1 face-up Warrior or Fiend-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position.

Um "When this card is Summoned, you can Unequip this card and Special Summon it" doesn't really seem work... at all... It should be "Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 face-up Warrior or Fiend-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position."

Um "When this card is Summoned, you can Unequip this card and Special Summon it" doesn't really seem work... at all... It should be "Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 face-up Warrior or Fiend-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position."

Right, sorry. I'll fix it real quick.

Alright, it should be all good now.

[spoiler Bow Before the new Hyperion]DvFR7pA.jpg

Lore: You can only Summon 1 "Hyperion DeVille" per turn. You can only use each of these effects once per turn, and only once that turn.

• You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 DARK Level 5 or higher monster from your hand or Graveyard.

• During your Main Phase 1, up to twice per turn: You can banish 1 DARK Fiend-Type Level 5 or higher monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.  If you activated this effect twice this turn, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn.

So I had this art sitting around for about a day trying to come up with something for it and when this contest came up I knew I had to use it (i would preferred it being a DARK Fairy or LIGHT Fiend, but oh well. Effect is basically Hyperion. After a suggestion by another user, I edited the card to be: 1) Harder to get out. 2)Non- abusable in Burning Abyss. 3) Opt on the Summon. 4) Hard Opt (in general).

hopefully I didn't go overboard.

Since I'm not marking down on OCG, I think I'll give it a bit of a brush up. I'm not sure this is proper since there is no effect since there is no effect with a Hard OPT, that goes up to twice per turn:

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 Level 5 or higher DARK monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only Special Summon 1 "Hyperion DeVille" per turn this way. You can banish 1 DARK Fiend-Type monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. You can only use this effect of "Hyperion DeViille" twice per turn, and if you do, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn.

Also, since it wasn't thrown into the rules, I feel like I should emphasize that this is a thing to be taken note of somewhere

Bonus: 5 Points - Does your card have effects that require and/or apply while Pandemonium is face-up on the field? Do they tie in well?

[spoiler: My entry]

wtwlDVf.jpg

[spoiler:Lore] If a "Pandemonium" card is face up on the field you can Normal Summon this monster without Tributes. During your Main Phase 1 if you have 2 or less cards in your hand you can excavate the top 3 cards of your deck. Add all Fiend-type monsters excavated to your hand and send the other cards excavated to the bottom of your deck in any order. You may only use the effect of "Entaché DeVille of Noir" once per turn.

So clearly I went for a Tethys inspired card where as Tethys can draw forever this card cannot. But it can activate itself and is easier to summon. Also it looks like I have horrible OCG or so I'm told but I think everything is understandable. Any question please don't hesitate to ask.

Lore: Cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effects. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Summoned or flipped face-up (unless it is equippped to a monster): Return it to the hand. You can Normal Summon/Set this card without tributing, but its Level becomes 4 and its original ATK and DEF become halved. Cannot be destroyed by battle. You can discard 2 monsters from your hand and banish 3 monsters from your Graveyard: Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position (from where). Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 face-up Warrior or Fiend-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. While equipped by this effect, the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle and gains DEF equal to this card's original DEF and ATK equal to half of this card's original ATK. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by card effect, destroy this card instead.)

So when you do the whole pitch 2 and banish 3 where does it get ss'd from?

Is it too late to join in?

Deadline

July 7th GMT +7. Though, I'll try to get judging done before then.
Entry is closed around a week from now, if there are at least 7 participants. If not, then we can start judging process immediately then~

zNzQsGo.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]

DeVille, Archfiend Dictator

If you have exactly 4 Fiend-Type monsters in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When you do: You can send 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. All face-up Fiend-type monsters you control are unnafected by the effects of your opponent's Effect Monsters. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard because it was destroyed and sent there from the field: You can pay 1000 Life Points; your opponent sends 1 card they control or in their hand to the Graveyard (their choice).

Went for an obvious Kristya counterpart that it's also an Archfiend monster. It's meant to be used in Archfiend decks, plus potentially being useful for Infernoids and maybe even Burning Abyss. I'm not sure if the wording in the last effect makes its cost negligible by Pandemonium, but that was the intention.

Archived