[Archetype] V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

Love of Ghibli

So I finally decided to be active in DP despite not being able to actually play the game and I need to make the challenge to myself of making a successful fairy archetype. So I present, Victory...who definitely come from Freya, Spirit of Victory. However I couldn't find a bunch of angel cheerleader art so Knights seemed just as fun. Of course I had some fun with the naming and if you can guess the naming theme before you get to the fusion who ruins it all lol. 

[spoiler: Monster]

YhIGn70.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] 

FLIP: Draw 1 card. When this monster is Special Summoned you can send 1 "Victory" monster from your deck to your Graveyard.

ZKWhCwI.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] Once per turn you can increase this monsters level up to the number of banished "Victory" monsters until the end of the turn. While this card is face-up on the field all Fairy-type monsters you control gain 300 ATK.

FHFCl2z.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] During your Main Phase 1 you can banish this monster and 1 other "Victory" monster with a different name from your graveyard to Fusion Summon 1 "Victory" fusion monster using monsters you control as Fusion Material. You can only use the effect of "Victor, Spirit of Victory" once per turn.

i3aimT4.jpg

If you have 4 or more banished "Victory" monsters you can Special Summon this monster from your hand. When this monster is summoned you can banish 3 "Victory" monsters from your graveyard to target 1 card on the field. Banish that target.

2dcuKjf.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] Once per turn if this card would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect you can send 1 "Victory" monster from your deck to your graveyard instead. If this card sent to the graveyard target 3 of your banished "Victory" monsters and send them to them to the graveyard.

DWyzcjd.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] If you have 2 or more banished Fairy-type monsters you can Special Summon this monster from your hand.

bmHPk4w.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When this monster is Special Summoned from your banished zone and you have 4 or more banished "Victory" monsters with different names draw 1 card. You can only use the effect of "Isaiah, Dreamer of Victory" once per turn.

7vrUuBx.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When this monster is sent from the deck or banished zone to the graveyard you can Special Summon 1 of your Level 4 or lower banished "Victory" monsters to your side of the field in defense position. You can only use the effect of "Ryan, Dreamer of Victory" once per turn.

[spoiler: Spells and Traps] 

2uq4qhH.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] Target 3 of your banished Level 4 or lower "Victory" monsters, your opponent chooses 1 of those monsters and Special Summon it to your side of the field. Send the other 2 targets to the graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Ultimate Response" per turn.

DYBtwJ7.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] Send 2 "Victory" monsters from your hand to the graveyard to add 3 of banished "Victory" monsters from your banished zone to your hand.

OpnsEMs.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When your opponent's monster declares an attack send "Victory" monsters from your deck to your grave equal to the Level/Rank of the attacking monster to negate the attack. You can banish this card and 1 "Victory" monster to negate 1 effect of a card on the field till the end of the turn.

xOyVMgI.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] When your opponent activates a card effect that would remove a "Victory" monster(s) from your side of the field negate the activation of that card and destroy it. You can only activate this card if you have 3 or more banished Fairy-type monsters.

[spoiler: Extra Deck]

YHv7rVS.jpg

[spoiler: Lore] 1 "Victory" Tuner monster + 1 or more non Tuner LIGHT monsters

This monster gains the following effects for of your banished LIGHT monsters:
1+: This monster gains 300 ATK and DEF for each of your banished monsters
3+: Once per turn you can send 1 LIGHT Fairy-type monster from your deck to your graveyard to target 1 card on the field and destroy it.
5+: This monster is unaffected by trap cards
7+: The activation and resolution of this monsters effects cannot be negated.

RtVKYWt.jpg

1 Fairy-type Tuner monster + 1 or more Non-Tuner Monsters
You can activate both of the following effects once during either players turn:
*During the Damage Step, if this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, banish 1 LIGHT Fairy-type monster: It can make a second attack in a row.
*If this card would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect you can banish 1 LIGHT Fairy-type monster instead.

QEAX3dC.jpg
2 Level 6 monsters
When this monster is Xyz summoned send all banished cards to their respective players graveyard. As long as this card has Xyz material cards cannot be banished except by monster effects. Once per turn you can target 1 banished LIGHT monster. If you do, detach 1 Xyz material from this card to Special Summon the targeted monster.

saoqqnd.jpg
1 "Victory" monster + 1 Level 6 or higher Fairy-Type monster
When this monster is successfully Fusion Summoned target face-cards your opponent controls up to the number of banished "Victory" monsters. The effects of those targets are negated until the end of your opponents next turn. If you have 7 or more banished "Victory" monsters the summon of this monster and the effect of this monster cannot be negated.

I've been told that my OCG is pretty off but I hope my cards are still understandable. Any questions, comments, concerns.

This seems pretty interesting. I like how it focuses on banishing cards, for the most part, and gives benefits depending on what and how much is banished.

Do cards like Victory Dragon and the aforementioned Freya, Spirit of Victory also belong to this archetype, by any chance? Because Topham Hat (whose name made me laugh) lists "Victory" monsters as 1 of the fusion materials.

Also, pardon me for being a bit off-topic, but would you mind giving me the artwork you used for Plea for Victory? I'd prefer if you sent it via PM.

Anyways, overall, interesting archetype, and I'm looking forward to any more in the future.

This seems pretty interesting. I like how it focuses on banishing cards, for the most part, and gives benefits depending on what and how much is banished.

Do cards like Victory Dragon and the aforementioned Freya, Spirit of Victory also belong to this archetype, by any chance? Because Topham Hat (whose name made me laugh) lists "Victory" monsters as 1 of the fusion materials.

Also, pardon me for being a bit off-topic, but would you mind giving me the artwork you used for Plea for Victory? I'd prefer if you sent it via PM.

Anyways, overall, interesting archetype, and I'm looking forward to any more in the future.

Freya is intentional synergy so she would be part of the archetype. As for Victory Dragon...technically yes simply because of the name, but it wasn't meant to be. 

Actually, considering the archetype is built around Freya, Victory Dragon would not be part of the archetype, as its Japanese name is "Vikutori" as opposed to Freya's "Michibikite". 

Similarly, c39: Utopia Ray Victory, Victory Viper XX03, and Worm Victory do not receive support.

Thank you for the clarity 

• 3 months later...

Archived