Clockwork Souls [IC]

Aix

"Who are you? I'm Lena, and yes, I'm a freshman. And I just wanted to get a good look at the place I'll be staying for the next few years. You understand, right?"

"Me...? Well..."

Looking at her, it was still weird that the girl, Lena, didn't even bother herself to enter the place just yet unlike the others, especially since she would be able to look into the inner architecture and all that was included inside better if she just entered the building proper. Violet could just listed that as a sign that she's just a shrinking violet (pfft) and a shy girl that didn't like the crowds in general, but her manner of speaking and her attitude definitely didn't match someone with that kind of temperament. Violet saw Lena as more...observing carefully rather than simply being curious about what's inside the academy. Then again, normally people would just get in if they wanted to know more about something, rather than climbing through a wall and peeping through a window suspiciously. At that thought, Violet smiled mischievously a bit as she finally continued her words.

"You can just call me Miss Eightclouds, Lena. And also, I'm a teacher here despite what my less than ideal appearance would initially suggest."

Someone acting like her was something that Violet was definitely looking forward to. Curiosity here would not kill the cat, it would just feed the old snake by driving the rat closer and closer to it. Not the best way to illustrate it, but the point was that she quite liked people that was gullible enough due to thinking that they're not gullible and tried their best to find out the truth. They're...pretty fun to manipulate for her own gain, and no matter what kind of goal they're seeking, it wouldn't really matter in the end. Just like those conspirator in the club she managed, who were not even aware that they're just helping her in her hunt in the end rather than making a big breakthrough to topple the government. That very thought made Violet's smile became even wider for a split second, before she wiped it off her face and turning around, deciding to return to the main building now instead of continuing her rest on her private spot.

"Anyway, I'm going back inside for now. So, see you later, Lena. I'm looking forward to see you in my classes, so I hope you could survive me~

Oh also, no one sane is going to observe the insides of the academy from a window after climbing up a wall rather than just entering the building proper like every other normal people. So please enter the building properly from the front door before anyone see you as being suspicious."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Icarus

iU8EggM.png
As he was falling, Icarus suddenly felt arms wrap around him, breaking his fall. It also seemed as if something had screened the area in front of him, to prevent further barrages from the bullet hail. Feeling happy that someone saved him, he immediately offered his verbal thanks.

"Thanks for saving me mi- Oof!"

Suddenly dropped upon the ground, and none too gently at that, Icarus' face contorted into a frown. The woman who had saved him immediately began to look over his body with an intent gaze, causing his face to turn warm. When the lady began to slide her hands under his clothes and probe around though along his torso and back, an involuntary moan escaped from his lips, instantly causing his cheeks to turn an even darker shade of crimson.

"W-W-W-W-W-W-W-What are you doing?!?!"

Her next words sent him into a collision though, momentarily halting his struggling. "What about my wings? And miss, you still haven't told me your name yet! Oh, and I go by Icarus!" The woman responded almost immediately, but in an off hand, detached, almost cold way. "Well, I guess you can call me Caeil. Tell me more about your wings. Where are they, can I take a look at them, and are they still even around?" This only further confused him. What did she find so special about his wings? Opening his mouth to respond, he almost choked when he felt her hands reaching and grabbing and brushing over his body even rougher, around the shoulder blades, as if she assumed his wings were made of parts that had been attached to his body, instead of just being created. Almost in a nervous breakdown at this point, he could only mewl his plea.

"Miss Caeil, p-p-please stop touching me like that! My wings are made of Anima! T-They're not around anymore, they broke when the bullets hit them! I'll have to make them again if you want to see them!"

His hopes that would cause the lady to stop ware immediately smashed when she immediately ordered him to take off his shirt and make his wings again so she could see where they were made from. Used to following orders by instinct, he had pulled his own shirt off before he even realized it. The cold air snapped him back to his senses, causing him to choke back a shriek. Feeling uncomfortably pressured, Icarus struggled between complying with this lady's demands and lying that he couldn't immediately reform the wings, to try and stall or bore her. Shaking his head furiously, he choked out a lie.

"I-I can't, miss! I-It takes time too use again!" The lie felt bitter in his throat as it passed though. He could feel the lady's piercing gaze drilling through him, scanning him, observing his body. After a few moments, she leaned in closely, causing Icarus to panic with the guess she figured out it was a lie. For the better or worse though, her next actions confirmed it wasn't. Her hands snaked out at the speed of lighting, sliding into his pants, brushing and running along his back, searching for anything that could've produced the wings she saw emitting from him before. Before Icarus could even react though, she immediately yanked off the entirety of the rest of his clothes, before offering a dry comment. Her face was twisted with annoyance and aggravation tough when she interrogated him with a growl moments later, after realizing he was extremely reluctant to answer.

"It seems like you're a boy... But enough about that, where is it? You used an automaton to shape those wings, right? So where's the automaton? There's no way simply controlling Anima could produce something as physical as that, let alone fly. You're hiding something from me. Where is it?! Where... Is... It?"

To make it even worse, at that very moment, his body couldn't handle being groped and handled that roughly by a very pretty lady any more. Exhibiting what some would call a "healthy male reaction", he completely blanked out, frozen with embarrassment. The young lady had taken the two of them past the butler guards and to the front gates, and as a result, he was completely exposed in plain vision. At a complete loss for words, his mouth made wordless motions as his face grew burning hot.

"Yep, definitely a boy. I'm not done yet though! We'll definitely meet again though, and you will answer! I'm not going to stop until I know everything about your wings and where you came from too. See ya later, boyo! I'll be watching..."

With that, she strode off roughly, leaving a completely shocked Icarus behind. As his mind struggled to comprehend everything than just happened, everything suddenly clicked. With the realization dawning upon him, Icarus let out a shriek, completely freaking out.

"Uuuwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

With that, he hurriedly grabbed his clothes and rushed dressing himself before dashing inside the school, running away to God-knows-where, tears of panic and stress and embarrassment streaking down his face.

Calm and quiet in meditation Tristan focused on his anima and tried to see if he could hear the nearby conversations. He snickered as he heard freshmen talking about their entry into the college. He laughed as he had forgotten how long it had been since he heard bright young minds yearn for education. It was time that he wanted to actually go out and venture through the campus. The new freshmen must be done with their hazing rituals now and on to their first class. Unfortunately his first practicum of Automaton piloting wasn't until later in the day. So maybe he would get the chance to watch other students in some other classes. As he walked down the halls he peaked his head into different classrooms. So inspirational he thought to himself. 

While traveling the campus he thought it was about time for a drink...because why not? But he couldn't necessarily let the students see him drinking and the schools policy...probably had some rules or something prohibiting him from drinking. Tristan made his way to the roof of one the higher buildings. Who would think to look for him there. As he got to the roof with a nice bottle of morning burbon he noticed a cloaked figure on the roof already. Tristan raised his eyebrow as the cloaked figure. This is not the smartest thing you could have done. You've come to a military academy where all we do is train others in the art of piloting machines of death. Hmm at the very least I'll have to learn why you're here. The cloaked figure immediately ran directly at Tristan. Also not advised. 

"You can just call me Miss Eightclouds, Lena. And also, I'm a teacher here despite what my less than ideal appearance would initially suggest."

Lena once again studied the teacher. What kind of teacher would willingly leave their hair so tangled and unbrushed, and wear a nightgown in public? Even on school grounds, no less. This teacher wasn't really the academic successor that Lena had imagined, but she figured individuality was coming into play here. Lena looked over to the side to see the herd of countless students filtering in through the gates of the school once again. Lena brushed her hair back behind her, and looked down towards the teacher one last time, who had already turned around and was heading in the opposite direction.

"Anyway, I'm going back inside for now. So, see you later, Lena. I'm looking forward to see you in my classes, so I hope you could survive me~"

Lena was unsure about the tone of the teacher. Was it supposed to be sarcastic and playful, or was there something underlying all of the nice sincerity and kindness? Lena didn't suppose there was anything too suspicious about her, but Lena then wondered if she was really acting suspicious herself, and if she was that easy to read, like an open book. After all, she wasn't here for the same purpose as most of these students; she had a motive. And the less people knew about her, the better. She was hoping that this facade of being nice and outgoing would be enough to win people over to her side...just so that she could fuel her own desires.

Oh also, no one sane is going to observe the insides of the academy from a window after climbing up a wall rather than just entering the building proper like every other normal people. So please enter the building properly from the front door before anyone see you as being suspicious."

With that bold statement, the teacher walked off, waving goodbye to Lena. It certainly would be interesting if this teacher knew anything about the use of automaton, and anything about the Britannian Government. Lena just wanted to know what happened on the day her father went mad. It at least had something to do with the Britannian Government; if automaton was involved or not is irrelevant. The same sentence kept repeating inside Lena's head: "No one must know. No one must know." Over and over again until it faded away from her subconscious. Lena decided she wasted enough time here. She hopped down from the wall, and walked over towards the side entrance of the building. Surprisingly, there wasn't anyone here. When Lena approached it, the seemingly massive iron door appeared to magically open on its own, with a puff of smoke billowing out afterwards. Lena entered the institution. She was really here. The pride and soul of the Britannian Empire's foundation of academic scholars...

The inside of the school was surprisingly empty. Only a few students and teachers roamed the halls. On Lena's left side sat a receptionist, who appeared to be an automaton male, much like the ones outside. "Greetings, student, and welcome to Daedalus College." Lena smiled pleasantly at the machination, even though it was just a machine, Lena felt surprisingly comfortable here. But that comfort wouldn't last long, probably. Lena watched as a student, who looked much younger than her, run through the halls, frantically dressing herself together and weeping while in the process. The student then disappeared into another hallway. Lena felt pity for the student, but if you couldn't keep up with the struggles of academy life, then maybe you weren't cut out for this sort of thing. Or it could have just been pressure weighing the female student down. There seemed to be a lot of female students, actually...

Lena observed the entrance to the college, and stood amazed at its wonder. A giant staircase, multiple chandeliers of bright color, and the sound of footsteps echoing on the hard linoleum all made Lena appreciate the integrity and work that went into this institution. But Lena had other plans. It was time for her to find out what really happened that day, and no one, nothing, is going to stop her from achieving that goal.

If they had all rushed across at once, the ones in the middle wouldn't have gotten hit. Of course, that would have meant they were sacrificing the ones on the outside, but it would have resulted in the least amount of injuries. And she wouldn't have these nasty bruises. Humans can't even cooperate for this little bit, what self-serving creatures they were! Elizabeth smiled inwardly at her own satire of the Britannian nobility who preached utilitarianism when it involved sacrificing those beneath them; this would include Elizabeth herself, a noble's bastard. Fortunately, this was a statement taken from observation rather than personal experience; Elizabeth herself had very luckily lived the sheltered life of any Britannian highborn girl.

And as a sheltered noble girl, this rubber bullets being shot at you in droves at great speeds thing was very, very new to her. She had waited and taken the opportunity to use two people as meat shields to pass, doing her best to run in sync with them dignified and out of harm's way. With a mere smile, she had gotten the two boys to comply temporarily; they were already in the middle of the barrage anyway, and bore with it. A disgusting tactic, but definitely necessary, she thought, as she had observed several others limping to the other end. Despite her meat shields, a bullet managed to skim her. She bore with the pain until another struck her in the ankle, causing her to lose her step and topple over in pain, resulting two more hits. Giving up any pretense of a noble appearance, she just quickly scurried across as fast as she could.

After passing the trial, she quickly discarded the boys before any complications developed. They definitely would get the wrong idea, the monkeys they probably were. Disappearing into the crowd and coming out the other side, she glanced around. At that point, a screech burst out as an extremely effeminate boy ran away, scrambling to get his clothes on. She paused and thought, how cute, he fit her aesthetic exactly and would definitely look good in a maid outfit serving tea to her. If she had ever decided to make a doll automaton servant, she would have made an automaton that looks just like him. Unfortunately, he was already gone before she could approach him.

Her eyes scanned the crowd once more until another individual caught her eye.

"They really have no barriers on who they accept, do they?" she said, walking over to the dark-skinned girl who was leaning on a wall, out of everyone's notice. "From India?" She had seen Indian slaves once running errands at a market for some rich noble and the image stuck in her head, of people considered less than human for the color of their skin. "Oh, I didn't mean to offend you, I hold no prejudice against those of exotic birth, I am merely musing that Daedalus College is quite tolerant." Even if Daedalus accepted anyone, Elizabeth's curiosity was piqued that an Indian could have found herself in the most prestigious school in the world.

"Sebastian, what do you think about these kids so far?" Victoria, still looking completely spirited for the occasion, turned to her side to look at the mysterious butler that had suddenly appeared next to her at the indoor balcony of the academy's main building. She was preparing herself to officially greet the new academicians applying this year for a while, and it seemed that for the most part, a big portion of them had successfully passed through the bullet trial.

"As always, I would rather see their performance in the academy proper before giving my judgment, Victoria. Although, if there is one thing that I could conclude at this moment regarding them, it's that they seemed to be quite a degree more...how should I say it...amusing compared to the ones we had last year. This year might prove to be quite more interesting than last year if that is really the case." The butler answered, though he didn't seem to pay any attention to the headmistress when he said that, preferring to look at the commotion happening below them. "The mentorship program you decided to implement this year, how sure are you about its effectiveness?"

"I designed the system myself. There's no doubt that it will be successful in practice.

Ah, I should start the opening ceremony now." Saying that, Victoria immediately looked away from the butler on her side, and took a deep breath before walking towards the edge of the balcony, so that everyone below could see her clearly. Meanwhile, the butler didn't seem to be interested with what was going to happen, and left the scene in a flash, returning to his duties around the academy.

Victoria looked around once more, and a faint smirk appeared on her expression. It was indeed the time.

"Welcome, young scholars! Welcome to the wonderful world of our esteemed Daedalus College!" Her voice, amplified by her use of anima, boomed across the building. "It is to our utmost pleasure to greet all of you this year here, in this sacred ground of knowledge and innovation. Before I continue, let me introduce myself.

I am Victoria Wallace, the currently reigning headmistress of this college. Speaking on behalf of our teachers and academy staffs, we are looking forward to see your promising brilliance perform here!"

Pft, promising. As spirited as she was right now, Victoria was still pretty skeptical that many of them would even survive the first year of the academy. The academy had always been infamous for having the lowest graduation rate compared to any other education bodies of the same level in the entirety of Britannia. Even their closest rival, the infamous Warschool, had a way higher graduation rate of 40%, though it was mainly due to its education system being more akin to a military camp rather than an academy, which didn't sit very well with herself and the teachers here. Even faced with that statistic however, Victoria never really cared to increase that minuscule graduation rate of the College if that would mean undeserving people would have a chance to graduate. Her rule was quite simple. If one wanted to graduate from the place, then they had to earn it with sweat and blood, hard work and guts. Even the mentor system she'll implement this year will just be a tool to help the more-deserving people to be able to graduate over the undeserving ones. Though her words still ring some truths since she's definitely looking forward to see the diamonds in the rough hidden within these bunch of new recruits. She mainly aimed the "promising brilliance" part of her speech to them, after all.

"So, how was the greeting you received earlier?" Victoria teasingly asked the freshmen below, which got responded by some booing from the crowd. "Quite unexpected, isn't it?

But back to the point. I'll keep this opening speech short since you all are seemingly pretty tired after your playtime earlier. I will just address some important matters before you can start resting. First of all, at around 7 PM, we will have a grand opening dinner here in this building, so once you have rested enough, we are expecting you to return here since there will be some other important announcements that will be done then. Second one, classes will start tomorrow at 7 AM in the morning. Do not be late, we at the academy will not tolerate such things. More information regarding classes and subjects will be available once they're ready. And finally, the third and most important of the current announcement..."

Victoria immediately paused after saying that, intent on building up the tension for that third announcement. She had thought about something interesting she planned to do this year. There was quite a lot of rooms in the dormitory that was originally deemed to not be suitable to be used, and for years, she had been neglecting about those rooms' renovation, and just had the freshmen stay in a larger group per room instead of the normal 2 per room, and had the problematic rooms be completely ignored aside from the occasional cleaning by the butler automatons. But well, this year she had an idea about how to utilize those decrepit rooms well. After a minute of complete silence from her, she continued her sentence again.

"As for your rooms, there will be something special about it. Following Daedalus Academy's principle of always testing their student's capabilities on every corner, I have decided that the ownership of the dormitory rooms will be decided by a race.

Some of the first year rooms in our dormitory are quite a lot more fanciful compared to others. Most others are plain compared to our standard, but there are some rooms that were...not really that pleasant, though the quality of each room will not be visible from the outside. Each room can only be occupied by two people. Each rooms will be completely pitch-black with its lighting off until someone enters it, at which point the lighting there will be turned on so it will be visible from the outside that someone is already inside the room. No changing rooms after you entered one, please. Our staffs will be notified, though if you did not get a partner in your room at the end of the day, you are allowed to move to someone else's room that also had no roommate with them.

The first year dormitory building is the second building from the left of this one. Please only choose from the first three floors. The building has five floors, but getting to the fourth floor or above is not advised. Also, please bring your luggage by yourself to the rooms. If anyone's giving their luggage to a butler automaton, it is advised to take those back immediately, or we'll order the automatons to throw it outside of the academy during the race. You all have to learn to carry your own burden, after all.

And with that said, I wish you all good luck."

"Why are you looking forward to study alchemy, Char?" asked Erina "It just affascinates me and-" Said Charlotte as she was interrupted by the speech of Victoria, the headmistress.

"As for your rooms, there will be something special about it. Following Daedalus Academy's principle of always testing their student's capabilities on every corner, I have decided that the ownership of the dormitory rooms will be decided by a race.

Some of the first year rooms in our dormitory are quite a lot more fanciful compared to others. Most others are plain compared to our standard, but there are some rooms that were...not really that pleasant, though the quality of each room will not be visible from the outside. Each room can only be occupied by two people. Each rooms will be completely pitch-black with its lighting off until someone enters it, at which point the lighting there will be turned on so it will be visible from the outside that someone is already inside the room. No changing rooms after you entered one, please. Our staffs will be notified, though if you did not get a partner in your room at the end of the day, you are allowed to move to someone else's room that also had no roommate with them.

The first year dormitory building is the second building from the left of this one. Please only choose from the first three floors. The building has five floors, but getting to the fourth floor or above is not advised. Also, please bring your luggage by yourself to the rooms. If anyone's giving their luggage to a butler automaton, it is advised to take those back immediately, or we'll order the automatons to throw it outside of the academy during the race. You all have to learn to carry your own burden, after all.

And with that said, I wish you all good luck." Said Victoria.

"OH no, my luggage!" Charlotte shouted as she raced towards the butler and forcefully grabbed them from him. "Why a race, i'm not good, but wait a second, this is also luck based! Even if i'm last i still have a chance to get a good room!" She thought as she was running towards the dormitory building. She got out of the building and started running with the 3 heavy luggages in her arms, they were almost covering her sight. "Okay second building, here i come!" She could see some people surpassing her, but luckily they weren't many. "And what about that girl in the wheelchair, she seemed so nice, let's hope she's fine... It'll be cool to have her as a roommate!" She entered the building, and... stairs, lots of stairs. She ran up almost tripping a few times. She decided to go the 3rd floor, where hopefully since it was the highest accessible not many people would have claimed. She opened a door of a room and............... she flicked the lights on. She took a big breath as she found one of the more luxurious rooms, though no roommate. She left the luggages on the floor and just landed on the bed almost dead by this crazy race with 3 heavy luggages. "Let's at least hope that the dinner is nice..." 

She then remembered of Erina, she looked out of the window where she could see the racers, she could also see her! She opened the window and shouted "C'mon Erina, you can do it!"

Now it was just a matter of waiting for dinner and a potential roommate.

Untitled21_zpstdbr9sf0.png

And with that said, I wish you all good luck."

Julius shook his head at some of these crazy rules that Victoria the headmistress made, but smirked nonetheless. He never thought for a second that all the rooms would be of pristine condition, or that she'd make it easy to nab any of the few that were. But going into each room blind until someone else went in first? That was just cruel. Figuring he'd have to roll with it nonetheless, Julius collected his two large items of luggage from the butler automatons, and with that, the race was on.

The first floor Julius went to was... well, the first floor. T'was an obvious choice, considering that the freshman were typically too lazy to climb stairs, and as he predicted, freshmen were running around all over the place. Julius immediately went for the door that displayed his lucky number... only to reach said door at approximately the same time as a female student who had been quite literally bolting for it, and had to catch her breath.

"Ladies first," said Julius, having seemingly made a kind offer. The girl went ahead... only to breath a sigh of relief.

"Oh, thank god. This room's not complete s*** after all..." the girl then turned to Julius, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Julius replied as he checked the room, only to note that it was... missing something, "I take it you've a roommate in mind?"

"Well... kinda..." the girl answered hesitantly, "But I wouldn't wa-...!"

"Nah, nah, nah, it's perfectly fine," Julius intervened in a reassuring tone, "I can find others,"

With that said and a wave goodbye, the rich noble collected his luggage and heaved it elsewhere. Of course, even if he was fortunate enough to claim a more luxurious room on this floor, he was half-expecting a fight to have broken out and snowballed all over it by now...

So he proceeded to the second floor instead; after all, one flight of stairs at a time never hurt anybody. Here, there were significantly less. Some of them had went the extra mile to avoid the drama below, and others were just pissed that all the good rooms the first floor had to offer were taken. Deciding that he could take advantage of the latter group to an extent, he purposefully waited outside one room as one of such students passed.

"I have a good feeling about this one," he then said in a sarcastically-happy sounding tone. Taking the bait, the fool rushed straight inside, but this time Julius opted to stay outside the room that he would've normally peered inside. The fool's reaction would likely be more than loud enough to overhear.

"WHAT THE F***, THIS ROOM'S S*** TOO!!" that was all the info that Julius needed to know.

"Welp, you know the rules, chump. Chao," he then left after saying this, at first pretty damn casually like usual... only to take off the second he heard the door being slammed open. The weight of his luggage had been slowing him down, but thankfully he managed a head-start on the aggressively-paced baboon, and it was enough to get him to the stairwell in relative safety... all things considering. However...

'Damn... totally not worth it at all,' Julius thought to himself as he pressed his luggage against the entry to the stairwell. He did not want to be on the same floor as that meathead that was spitting out profanities on the other side, and he wasn't going anywhere until the meathead exhausted all his stamina and calmed down...

Eventually, Julius ascended the final flight of stairs that he would've had the option to according to Victoria the headmistress and, over the drama of evading a serious ass-kicking, quite literally held the doorknob to one of the rooms inside, believing that the third time was the charm. Sure enough, he'd gotten himself into a room that had all the trimmings he could've possibly expected to see. However, the first thing he noted was that the light inside the room was already on, and that could only mean that someone had gotten here before him. Julius could only hope that person was missing a roommate.

"Hellllooooooo-ooo, anyone home?" he asked, before suddenly having an epiphany, 'If two people answer that, I'm gonna be pissed,'

Many months ago, Pavi departed from her homeland in the peaceful valley of Kashmir, you’ll never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy. Nah, it’s alright, poverty-stricken and packed full of petty crime but also some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. She thinks that last part more confidently now that she’s visited her new home; Pavi swears the people of the region actively hate each other passively; you can’t so much as say hello. While she is unfamiliar with the infinite amount of intricacies that go into the class system and false prestige everyone carries, she’s sure that’s a huge factor. That’s why she liked the Hindu crowd back home; the hierarchy was clear and obvious. Muslims were more populous but a mixed bag, she supposed that monotheists thought alike.

She’s had her fair share of racism of Britannia’s patented form of prejudice, it’s obvious but not terrible. The governor warned her about it, the British opinion of India is less than optimistic. Then why did they want it!? Pavi concluded she’d never understand politics and imperialism, it seemed counterproductive from the opinion of the populace on both sides. What does she know, Pavi is a student of sciences, she finished thinking

"They really have no barriers on who they accept, do they?" "From India?"

Oh, no, this is happening. A new challenger approaches! Pavi pushed herself from the embellished wall to straighten her pose, and sized up her newcomer. Sizzle me timbers, if Pavi hadn’t seen the poster child for Anglo-Saxon noble pretty princess yet, she had now. Her fragility, wealth, noble demeanor was obvious; she’s from money, yep, money, money ,and a lineage just shy of developing a Hapsburg jaw. Come at me, sweetcheeks, let’s see what else you got!

"Oh, I didn't mean to offend you, I hold no prejudice against those of exotic birth, I am merely musing that Daedalus College is quite tolerant."

Oh, geez, this girl has never seen anything harder than her pudding since birth. Pavi took a patient breath, “Me neither! You girls of exotic birth are so odd. Your hair is so oddly colored, is it natural? I didn’t think hair could grow this shade,” Pavi teased light-heartedly, this girl was gonna have trouble but that wasn’t her job. Pavi kept playing at her in good spirits, “And your skin!” Pavi grasped Elizabeth’s arm gently ignoring social dogmas, “It’s pale, almost translucent. How does it protect you from the sun? Surely, you burn easily.”

Pavi retracted herself, to a conversational stance, she had no intention of alienating anyone just quite yet, soon, but not quite yet. “You know, stranger,” Pavi came a quick realization, “Tell me your name in a second, but, consider that everyone here seems very stressed and isolated. I was wondering if you’d be interested in helping me cause a little, drama, to lighten the mood here and help everyone get a bit more familiar.”

Although Elizabeth felt inclined to be shocked by this young woman's brusque and mocking behavior, it was offset by her amusement and she raised an eyebrow in a more pleasant sort of surprise. It was definitely a prize choice to approach her.

“You know, stranger. Tell me your name in a second, but, consider that everyone here seems very stressed and isolated. I was wondering if you’d be interested in helping me cause a little, drama, to lighten the mood here and help everyone get a bit more familiar.”

Elizabeth narrowed her eyes, but then the corners of her mouth curled slightly. "I could certainly take a little more spice of life here."

Their conversation was interrupted as the woman introducing herself as the Headmistress stepped up to speak. When the short speech was over, Elizabeth quickly glanced at the Indian girl. "And would my aid requested now or shall it be saved for later?" Although used to comfort, she did not think it would bother her too much to not receive the best of rooms.

From afar, a thin, pale person wearing a strange outfit, a heavy gauntlet on his right arm and both of his eyes covered by differing gadgets, seemed to be in thought as he processed everything that had just occurred. His name was Isaiah Faccio de Neirland, great-grandson of the famous military leader Sir Isaac de Neirland, so one could image that he was dedicated to succeeding such a name. Ace Daedalus College, join the military, become a leader that contributes even more greatly to the Holy Empire of Brittania, that was the extent of his goals.

"Hmmm."

Having watched from afar the newcomers attempting to enter Daedalus College, things turned out to be quite the interesting venture. It was entertaining to see the less worthy struck down, scurrying about for cover against the rubber bullets, and seeing how the rest dealt with it had given him an opportunity to witness their skills firsthand. Some had talent, others didn't, and others he had yet determine.

A few people had caught his attention. First and foremost was that boy with the strange flight contraption, though he lost sight of him after he crashed, and he next time he could see the boy, he was being stripped and molested by a classmate of his called Caeil. Well, after the past two years, she seemed to be decently talented herself, which was pretty much a guarantee with so many of their other classmates dropping out, so he might as well overlook this deviant behaviour of hers. The other one that got his attention was a woman in a wheelchair who'd successfully charged through the bullets - was that who he thought it was?

In any case, as for the others, they didn't get much of an opportunity to show their abilities yet, so he'd hold off giving judgement at least a little longer Even though some had performed rather horribly, he understood enough that it was no good to judge them from this first event, recalling how he himself ended up. That is, close to powerless against the rubber gadgets, ending up taking advantage of someone else in order to make it through. It wasn't exactly the most successful or brilliant idea that he ever had, so he'd been sure to prepare since then.

"I wonder if any of these people will prove to be noteworthy." He muttered.

This mentorship sytem was a little bothering, a bit of a waste of time, but it did have its advantages, both for him and for whichever student he ended up mentoring. Hopefully, there would be at least some special individuals amongst this new batch. If nothing else, the students this year already looked like they'd be more remarkable than the ones two years ago, since right now, the only ones he found noteworthy at all were Caeil and Stellar. From what he heard, a former military officer was among the freshmen, which he was definitely looking forward to. It would be preferable if he got that one, or someone else equally talented. He would hate to be paired up with a complete baffoon.

Once the entrance test was over, Isaiah pulled up the vizor from his left eye, turned around and began to walk away, heading back to the senior dorm. It seemed that there were a new system to the students picking out their new rooms, so things may get messy for a while, but there was no point in wasting his time watching all that. Dinner was still hours away, the gap being valuable time that he could spend on working to prepare.

For some reason, he had a feeling that this year was going to be much, much different from the previous two. In which case, he would need them at top condition for the impending future.

"As for your rooms, there will be something special about it. Following Daedalus Academy's principle of always testing their student's capabilities on every corner, I have decided that the ownership of the dormitory rooms will be decided by a race."

A race huh? As Attwell listened, he became less and less interested. He had had to live out on the streets of Camelot, almost constantly on the run from the coppers, and sleeping with one eye open. Likely even the shittiest of rooms would be better than that. Even after the redhead earned his crown, he had been rather Spartan in his tastes. Hell, his throne was made of stone, a constant reminder that he was different, better than those toffee-nosed nobles who needed silken shoes and silver spoons to be happy.

So while the others scrambled to the rooms like gonophs to shillings, Attwell carted his luggage (retrieved from one of the bots) while meandering his way through the hallways, deciding on the first floor. It would certainly be the most convenient floor, and unlike the others, he couldn't care less what his place looked like. Privileged gongoozlers, he sneered. Though at least this place amn't made up of all nobles. Would probably be tempted to off meself if so.

The redhead chose a room at random, ignoring the vaguely disgusted looks he got. He was used to it, after all. Redheads were stigmatized in Britannia. Not so much as, say, Indians were, but they were still considered lower-class citizens. For sure. I'm a dipper, got the witch's tresses, what of it? He preened in front of the onlookers, shaking his head to show off his red locks even more. And I'm proud of it. The boy smirked when he noted the glances of grudging respect shot his way. Confidence could do wonders for a person's environment.

Opening the door, the thief immediately closed an eye, remembering the headmistress' words. So when the light turned on, he was only half blinded instead of full blinded. Once his eye adjusted, he opened the other one, and and glanced around the room. While an upgrade from the streets, he could see why the nobles wouldn't like it. The floorboards weren't spit up so shiny you could see your mug in them. The furniture was sparse and plain instead of cluttered and over-the-top gaudy. The wallpaper was slightly peeled. Oh, this was a disaster. Note the sarcasm.

Attwell shook his head and dumped his luggage on one of the beds. Both looked to be equally distant from the door, so there was no real reason to choose one over the other. Flopping onto his bed, he stared at the ceiling, tracing designs idly with a finger. "Wonder if I'll have a roommate," he mumbled. If he did, he'd prefer the person to be practical and sensible, like himself.

"As for your rooms, there will be something special about it. Following Daedalus Academy's principle of always testing their student's capabilities on every corner, I have decided that the ownership of the dormitory rooms will be decided by a race."

First the rubber guns and now more of silly unnecessary competitiveness. She had been prepared to face competition, academically, and even non-academically too. Heck, she anticipated that she'll have to compete with the rest of the student body for a seat in the cafeteria. But, to have two tests just at the graduation ceremony is just absurd, at least for her. In any case, surviving the hail of bullets was easy enough. Utilizing the secret technique that she spent her entire childhood mastering, that is. The secret technique more commonly known as "ducking behind cover and coming out once everything's over".

In the first place, Aegis arrived somewhat late, so the school staff didn't exactly notice her presence. So when she hid behind the trees near the school's entrance, she was able to safely avoid detection by the butlerbots. But now, it doesn't seem like she can hide any longer. It's time to actually stand up and do something just as the school tells her to. Aegis gritted her teeth and tightened her grip on her suitcase, ready to sprint head-on towards the dorm against all the other hurrying students.

"...Juuuuuuust kidding."

Aegis loudly announced within the crowd of students. Following her statement, she raised her right hand up, as a flying eggplant suddenly burst its way out of Aegis's large blue backpack. As the eggplant flew over its owner's arm, Aegis grabbed its handle, allowing her to fly up into the air. "Good luck, you plebs~" Flashing a large confident grin towards her fellow freshmen, Heimdall the Flying Eggplant took her off towards the dormitory, flying at a relatively slow, yet stable speed of 20 miles per hour. Though she didn't see the Headmistress- Victoria's face as she flew over her, she was 100% curious whether she would have a face of wonder, or anger.

----

"Alright, Heimdall! Aim me towards that open third floor window!"

*clink clank*

Taking the clicking of Heimdall's internal gears as verbal response, Aegis tugged down on its handle, with the plans of delivering her directly on the third floor, avoiding any sort of conflict and drama. Except, the clinking noise wasn't verbal response, as humans cant communicate to machines just yet. Instead, it was signal that something was amiss. Indeed, Heimdall's rotors started spinning faster than it was before, causing their altitude to start increasing as they get closer towards the dorm.

"Uh... Heimdall, I said third floor. You're aiming straight towards N.G (Not good) territory there, buddy."

"Slow down."

"Heimdall, put us down! "

"Heimdall!!" 

*clink clink clunk*

"UWAAAAAAA!!!"

To avoid crashing into the walls Aegis was directly flying towards, she had to let go of Heimdall and trust her split-second calculations that she'll go through the fourth floor window instead of splattering spectacularly on concrete walls. She closed her eyes and curled herself. What happens next was loud crashing noises, including glass shattering. Then, she felt a sharp pain on her knees, followed by heavy footsteps. Heavy, almost mechanical footsteps. "D-Did I make it?" She tried to look around her surroundings, but it was really too dark to notice anything. From the small bit she can see using sunlight piercing through the now broken window, the floor is wooden panels of poor, unpolished condition. Directly beside her are two empty rooms without as much a door to indicate its presence. All evidence leads to it being an unfinished dorm floor.

"Well, that's a relief. When the headmistress old lady said something about this room, I got worried something bad was gonna happen, but it seems like I managed to avoid..."

"Trouble?"

Without anything to indicate its presence, a butlerbot suddenly creeped up behind the unfortunate girl and interrupted her mid-sentence, which resulted in a rather... Interesting response from Aegis.

"AXHSDHJFSHGLHLL"

In the moment of panic, she punched the floor with all her might, which, combined with her explosive gloves, resulted in a hole in the floor large enough for her to jump down to the third floor. As she dusted herself off, she noticed a fellow student entering a room. After deciding that staying near the crash site would only result in unwanted trouble, she immediately grabbed her slightly damaged suitcase and swiftly entered the nearest room. After calmly closing the door and letting out a sigh of relief, she immediately slumped down by the door, sitting in a fetal position with her head against her folded-up knees.

"Crapcrapcrapcrap! First day of school and I already caused trouble! Not to mention, that creepy perv-bot made me let out such a weird noise! If anyone heard that my social life in this school is so over...!"

She kept her position for a few seconds before she decided to raise her head a bit and observe her surroundings. The room she'll spend the next several years of her life turned out to be... Spartan, to say the least. The only real "furniture" are only a pair of empty beds with thin, military-style blankets on them, a large wooden table masquerading to be the dining table (more like a workbench, in all honesty), some empty cabinets and shelves, and that's about it. Despite that, the room appears to be well-maintained. Dirty yes, but not inhospitably disgusting. It reeked of new paint, but the smell is nothing compared to the kerosene and nitroglycerine that colored her life. In any case, Aegis was unexpectedly overjoyed over her room. It's exactly what she always wanted. A large empty space to work on, a large empty room to store all her stuff, and above all else, a lack of valuable items for her to worry about while experimenting.

"Uehehe... I never thought a room that fit all my specifications could exist in this world..."

Aegis scuttled over to one of the beds and sat on it, wrapping herself under the thin rugged blanket with glee on her face, rubbing it against her cheek. The rough texture of military-style blankets reminded her of her childhood, where she had to spend all day huddled under blankets exactly like the one in her room right now with her soldier friends and family. A look of bliss fills her face as she awaits her roommate's entrance. She hopes that whoever enters is interesting in some way. Whether they be interesting because of their looks, skills, personality, or otherwise. Well, at the very least, she hopes she can get along well with whoever steps in through that door.

The door that, much to her ignorance, is blocked by her backpack and suitcase.

Zeta

iU8EggM.png
Holding out his hand awkwardly, the girl he was talking to just offered a grin as she chewed on her sandwich. What happened next was surprising, to say the least. A giant flying eggplant blasted out of the girl's backpack, rocketing towards the dorms. Grabbing on, the girl flew with it. He wasn't quite sure what the eggplant thing was, but it seemed extremely interesting, not to mention being fun too. Being able to fly at a rocket-pace with some automaton like that seemed really cool. It seemed that along the way though, there was some malfunction though, as she started yelling and panicking when it veered upwards sharply. His curiosity got piqued as he wondered what happened, and he wanted to check if she was okay. Realizing he was thinking too long and was about to be left behind, Zeta ran forward, before blasting himself off his feet with a powerful jump. Even if it wasn't probably intended to be a race, Zeta's competitive spirit flared. With a machine that fast, he wanted to see how his own speed compared. Landing on the rooftop of the entrance, he brought out his sword, still sheathed in its case to hide any possible guessing of its true identity. Slamming it through the rock, he swung himself upwards, climbing up the outside of the building itself. Leaping from window to window and using his sword as a second handhold which he pierced through the rock every now and then, he quickly made his way to the fourth floor where the girl had landed.

Scanning his surroundings within moments, he immediately ducked as the butlerbot present let out a volley of bullets, before sending it backwards with a powerful kick. Jumping through the hole which the girl probably left behind, he landed on the halls of the third floor. Seeing a door being closed shut just as he dropped to the ground, he was about to rush to it, but remembered the head mistress' words. If it wasn't that girl from before, he would be unable to change rooms. Reasoning that the girl would probably go for the closest room, he looked left and right. One of the dorms was still pitch-black, judging by the lack of light from under the door, so it would be the other one.

Grabbing the door handle and pushing, he realized something was barricading the door. Frowning curiously, he took a few steps back, before slamming his foot into the door with a strong back kick, which almost ended up blowing the door off its hinges. Looking into the room, he found the girl from before. She was laying on one of the beds, rubbing a blanket against her face, with a cheerful grin. Or at least, had been, before he made his own entrance. Glancing at the ground, he found a backpack and a suitcase, the latter of which looked rather heavy for its size. Sighing in relief when he realized it was most likely not intentional, since such a relatively light object for a barricade was pointless, he waved to the girl once more, offering an apologetic grin and a hand.

"Sorry about the door and your things. So it's me again. I see you're finished with your sandwich now. Oh, and your eggplant automaton is really, really cool! I really love machines and stuff like that. Can you show it to me again? Oh, oh right, names. My name's Zeta, nice to meet ya! What's yours?"

Lena watched as all of the hurried students, tried from their trial with the rubber bullets, filtered into the main hall. The once peaceful main hall was now littered with the visages of many students and teachers alike. The main head honcho, however, was the woman (why is everyone of importance around here a female, anyway?) that stood at the top of the stairs, and her demeanor seemed to stop everyone in their tracks. She was dressed in all purple, even her adorable little hat was colored purple. She had long hair that seemed to straighten itself out. Lena envied this person as her hair would always grow into locks if it was ever kept unchecked. Lena looked up towards the person, as multitudes of students came to observe.

"Welcome, young scholars! Welcome to the wonderful world of our esteemed Daedalus College!" Her voice, amplified by her use of anima, boomed across the building. "It is to our utmost pleasure to greet all of you this year here, in this sacred ground of knowledge and innovation. Before I continue, let me introduce myself.

I am Victoria Wallace, the currently reigning headmistress of this college. Speaking on behalf of our teachers and academy staffs, we are looking forward to see your promising brilliance perform here!"

There was no doubt that this person would be of significant importance in the future. But Lena, in her small figure, assimilated into the crowd and stayed primarily out of the hot seat. There was a booing from the crowd and some instigating from the crowd afterwards. Lena tuned out the crowd's noises and only focused primarily on the things that concerned her. She felt like she was wasting time here, not doing anything productive and lest of all being useless in her ultimate goal. Lena looked over to her right and noticed there was a girl about the same age as her, maybe younger, with her arms crossed and tapping her foot impatiently, waiting for something to happen as well. She didn't see this person outside taking on the rubber bullet challenge; Lena must have either not seen this person yet, or they must have been a higher-up. Lena started walking over...

"-Daedalus Academy's principle of always testing their student's capabilities on every corner, I have decided that the ownership of the dormitory rooms will be decided by a race."

The crowd then instantly clamored, whispers starting to form among its ranks. Lena looked up to the headmistress, this Victoria person, and wondered why everything around here has to be determined by a game of wits, stamina, and strength. Lena also heard something about a dinner; would only the students who were actually able to cook be the only ones to attend? Lena understood that this was a strict establishment, but this was just outright ridiculous. Lena looked over to the girl that was standing out in the crowd before, only to realize she wasn't there. She had absorbed herself into the crowd, and Lena sighed. 

"And with that said, I wish you all good luck."

Instantly, everyone scrambled. The floor became a massive mosh pit as several students clamored up the stairs and spread out to find rooms. Lena was numerously hit in the shoulder multiple times by several students, either trying to get upstairs or to go outside to reclaim their baggage. Lena had traveled light, so her one suitcase was the only thing she needed. It held at least three sets of clothes, her weapon, and a few books. And that was all Lena needed really. To pretend like she fit in here, she calmly walked up towards the second floor. She noticed a couple of students using some ridiculous tactics in order to secure their room, like launching an egg-plant shaped automaton upwards and causing an entire ruckus in general. Nevertheless, Lena didn't mind that particular student and kept walking upward, towards the second floor. The lighting fixture on this floor was unbearable; flickering lights and run-down architecture contrasted highly to the metallic feeling of the ground floor Lena was just at. Lena looked at the multitude of the students who were opening their rooms, some people disgusted with their choice and some people absolutely ecstatic with their choice. Lena didn't mind which room she picked, unless there was a massive hole in the room that was run-down due to renovation problems. She wasn't really picky in the first place, but it ultimately didn't matter to her.

[spoiler='Some Music']https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftmSuJqbdx0[/spoiler]

Lena opened the door to the room she picked. It was a bit...antiquated, but Lena could get used to it. There was no light in the room, only a small candle burning which gave off a faint glow. Above said candle was a massive patch of woodwork, which was blocking something. It was a hole in the wall. Well, Lena cursed her luck as she placed her suitcase down. The room was quite small, and it only had one bed. A bunk bed at that. There was a small desk with the one candle on it, and a window right beside said desk. There were some black curtains closed on the window. Black REALLY is in style, Lena thought. She opened the curtains and opened the window to get some light going in the room. With the newly acquired light, she maneuvered her way around the room until she found the bathroom. This room was surprisingly the most clean. There wasn't a spot of dirt or mud anywhere in this one room, and Lena smiled, content with the choice she made. She turned around and sat on the bottom half of the bunk bed, resting her suitcase on her lap. She could still hear the clamor of students in the corridor. Now she just had to wait until someone else came into the room to share with her. Lena wondered who her partner-in-crime was going to be.

Charlotte was still lying in bed, still immensely tired, when she could hear a voice from outside the door."

"Hellllooooooo-ooo, anyone home?" said the voice. "A ROOMMATE! YAY! Please be nice, please be nice!" She thought as she opened the door. In front of her was a gentleman with blue hair, quite an odd color, but who was she, the salmon haired girl to judge? "Well, you're lucky, because you got one of the luxury rooms!" She said as she welcomed him in. "My name's Charlotte, but you can call me Char, since there's still a lot of time before dinner, why don't we unpack our luggages, it's better if we do it now, than later." She said with a smile on her face. "Does it bother you if i keep the windows open, it's just so the air changes a bit, the room was closed for a long time after all. Oh, also sorry, what's your name? I hope we'll be great roommates!"

Oswald Vanderbilt III

He was caught off guard when the headmistress decided she would have the students race to find a place to sleep.  Having carried his own luggage in, he didn't have to worry about retrieving it from the Automaton Butlers.  Oswald let go Stirling's hand at last, picking up his own luggage.  They hadn't had much conversation, but Oswald didn't mind.  Not everyone was social these days.  With a nod, Oswald began walking away.  "Best find myself a place to rest the ol' noggin.  Good luck to you!" he called to the young man behind him.

While the headmistress had meant for this to be some kind of free for all, students clambered left and right, darting for the stairs in hopes to find a cushy, lavish room to call home.  Oswald, however, wasn't a picky guy.  He had grown up living a very simple lifestyle.  Half the time, he had slept outside on a pile of hay beside his favorite horse.  To even get a room to call his own--shared or not--was of no major concern to this rural guy.  He was sure wherever he lay his head would be more than enough.  Hopefully, if he had a roommate, they weren't the kind of rich and stuffy type.  But, if they were, Oswald would be willing to adjust himself ever so slightly as to not ruffle any feathers.  He made a conscious decision to remain on the first floor.  In case of a fire or emergency, he would be able to quickly assist those who were unable, simply by being on the lowest level.  With that in mind, Oswald decided to play a bit of a guessing game, just for fun as he chose his room at random.  Lights on, or off, he would choose the third door he looked at.

"Let's see.  A-one.  A-two.  And three!" he said nearly kicking the door off of its hinges.  "Whoops," he said softly to himself, closing the rattled door behind him.  The lights were already on, which meant he had a roommate already.  It was time to make another friend.  Stepping proudly inside, Oswald dropped his luggage at the first empty bed he saw, but still held Gertrude tightly over his shoulders.  He would have to find a more careful place to set the enormous axe without damaging anything else.

And at last, he got a good look at his new comrade.  Red hair was the first thing he noticed.  There weren't a lot of red haired guys or gals that he had come across, so he wondered if this fellow had been some kind of a lucky charm.  It was kind of neat, really.  Oswald strolled over, only to be tripped over the slightest raised board of wood.  He fell quickly, and Gertrude flew across the room landing inches above his roommates head with a loud hack into the wall.  Standing up right away, Oswald began to apologize profusely.

"So sorry!  Bit of flooring caught me off guard.  Dastardly these floors are," he joked.  Snatching the near two-hundred pound axe from the wall with ease, Oswald threw it over his shoulder, as he stuck out a hand.  This guy seemed to be pretty laid back and simple.  This was good.  Oswald was excited to--hopefully despite these events just now--make a new friend.  "I'm Oswald, third of the Vanderbilt family."  A huge smile crossed his face as he introduced himself to the red headed lad before him.  "And this is Gertrude, my handy dandy, trusty axe.  Nice to meet ya!"

Untitled22_zpsnyl16c9b.png

"Classes start tomorrow?" Stellar rolled her eyes as she asked this aloud, to no-one in particular, "Well that's annoying."

With that, she left the area that she was listening to Victoria's announcement to the juniors from, and returned to her room in the senior dorm. Stellar was really hoping that she wasn't forced into this mentor program that Ms. Ingham asked her about earlier, cause that would be equally annoying. She came here to learn, not spit out what she already knew to people that weren't in the need to know. In any case, she supposed she'd know more about what was expected from her at dinner, which was still a couple of hours away. Speaking of dinner, Stellar wondered what Ms. Ingham meant by meeting her "after hours"...

'Maybe I should see her again at dinner,' she thought to herself.

Untitled21_zpstdbr9sf0.png

"Julius Conray; nice to meet you, Charlotte," said Julius as he was unpacking his stuff.

Charlotte had said that Julius had been lucky find himself here in this room... but personally, he considered himself lucky there was such a pretty face to meet him there. Especially after all the drama that he had to endure to get there. He briefly sighed of exhaustion as he continued unpacking.

"Normally I wouldn't have climbed so many stairs, but some..." Julius normally would've outright said the word 'douchebag' the second he thought of it, but remembering that it was rude to swear in front of a lady, he caught himself in time and paused to reconsider his language, "...someone quite literally chased me out the second floor. And of course most everyone was all over the first. Kinda typical if you ask me, but that happens."

Just shrugged his shoulders just before he finished. He still had at least a couple hours to kill before dinner so more conversing with Charlotte couldn't hurt.

Erina Leveson

"And with that said, I wish you all good luck."

And, as the dot dropped in on that sentence, everything became chaotic as almost everyone rushed to find a great room for themselves. Even Char, who panickingly grabbed her luggage back from the butler automaton before they could dump it out, and rushed towards the crowd over there. Erina sighed, she couldn't still exactly understand why the rooms were not having the same quality in the first place. Would've cut a lot of hassle that way. At the very least, special treatments here would only apply to lucky ones. Or deserving ones. Both sounded like quite something that she looked forward to.

Her arms had just finished cooling down by then, and once she was sure she could move them around again, Erina packed her belongings and tied it to the back of her wheelchair, and then rushed to move herself towards the direction of the student's dormitory. While she had no qualms about getting any sort of room, since she had been in worse during her time in the navy, she really didn't want to be upstaged by these kids when it comes to getting a room. It was silly to make this of all things to be a race, but if that's what the Academy would like her to do, then so be it.

"C'mon Erina, you can do it!"

She could hear someone was cheering her from several floors above. It sounded quite like Char, so Erina assumed it to be her. Now smiling, she proceeded to continue on her struggle to find her room. Dodging quarreling students as she looked out for a quieter points on the first floor, she was then became quite annoyed that for the most part all she could see were the other kids fighting with each other to claim some of the rooms. It was making it hard for her to check out the rooms by herself, and sooner or later she'd be sucked in towards the fight if she stayed there any longer. And thus, she rushed all the way towards the end of the building's corridor, and right there, she faced her ultimate enemy.

Stairs.

Erina sighed. She believed the second floor or above would have less quarreling since for the most part they're less desirable compared to the ground floor, but of course, she had to traverse the damn stairs first. While her wheelchair did have treads and enough power to climb stairs, it was still quite a harrowing process for her, and she might still fall off easily.

Channeling a bit of anima towards the wheelchair, Erina then started her climb towards the second floor, hoping that the staircase were not too tall in this case.

iU8EggM.png

Roughly five minutes later, Erina managed to climb the stairs successfully. She knew that she should've managed to do it faster, but she didn't expect that she'd fall off on her first two tries. It was quite annoying but she couldn't let those failures prevent her from getting to the second floor to show up to those kids that she wouldn't be upstaged by them just due to she's using a wheelchair.

She looked around to see the condition of the current floor, and much to her relief, it was less crowded than the previous floor. A lot of the rooms there had been occupied, however. There's still 2 empty rooms there, though Erina decided that it'd better for her to look around for a room with someone already in it instead. Moving to the nearest one to her, she opened the door to see a lavishly decorated room, which reminded her more of a starred hotel room than a dormitory room...but there's already two people in it, both who stared at her sharply. Glaring back at them in annoyance, Erina slammed the door shut and proceeded to look around for another room. Getting to another room with the lights on, this time she tried to knock first on the door, but since she didn't hear any answer at the next two second, she pushed the unlocked door open, to see a humble room behind that door.

It was mostly plain, which sit well with Erina, aside from the big hole on the wall that was barely covered with some woodworks. Hopefully it wouldn't make each nights to be more chilly. However, the young woman immediately frowned upon realizing that the room, instead of having two separate beds, had a bunk bed instead, and she could see her roommate being at the bottom part of the bed. Though, at least she was not sleeping yet. Since it'd be rude for Erina to not greet her roommate-to-be, Erina pushed herself forward to talk with the girl in front of her.

"I guess we're roommates now, huh? I'm Erina, nice to meet you.

So, can I have the bottom bed?"

The savagery of the masses, like young men, climaxed quick and left into the breeze. Pavi was skeptical of the headmistress’s tactics of student reception, but this wasn’t her place. If the petty wanted to cut throats in order to have golden bathtubs, they could do so. It struck Pavi that she didn’t know what the realistic standard of wealth was here, or what a good-room entailed, maybe diamond bed sheets and dancing bears. She was confident that each one has a 4 walls, a door, and something to sleep in; more than enough from her history.

Still; Pavithra shot her new cooperating companion a skeptical glare, she was so willing to give up the luxury of the top dorms out of curiosity for her proposal for fun. “You know,” Pavi said slyly placing her hand on Elizabeth’s shoulder, “From the looks of you, I could have painted you as a Good-Two-Shoes McGee. Glad to see you have spunk kid.”

Pavi took a moment to scan the emptying room; usually the targets are harder to identify but here they’re basically broadcasted. The fast moving ones and the one… in the wheelchair? …those people are students. The ones who walking slow are teachers. Wait, no, some of them are too domesticated, it’s odd to describe like that but it’s true. They don’t seem like professors, they look too young and not in charge. Alumni? Like… older kids, here. They must be errand boys and girls, or maybe some sort of scared straight program about how never to become a teacher. If they are doing half of the s*** jobs that Pavi thought they were doing, they had keys. Keys means access to places she shouldn’t have access, and that’s good for all people involved.

“Come on, blondie” Pavi grasped Elizabeth’s arm and dragged her forward. She was afraid she might come off as a bit too touchy, or maybe even coming onto her, but Pavi would cross that bridge later. She arched her away across the room and towards the dispersing group of professors and the like. She picked out a conspicuous target, a younger woman with white hair as if the bejesus had been scared out of her and sporting over-sized military gear. Perfect, she’s a enough of a brown-noser that she’d have something on her.

BUMP! Pavi ‘accidentally’ rammed her shoulder into the graduate student, “Sorry, excuse me, pardon me,” a vast variety of apologies flung from Pavi’s mouth while her hands did what they’re notorious for. Ignoring any rebuttal and speeding up along and away, Pavi felt in her palm a metal-esque object shaped not so surprisingly like a key.

Once she was out of view, she rested at the first door she assumed she could cause chaos at. “Blondie! This is your last shot of taking off, no hard feeling. I have this annoying twitch in my mind,” Pavi pointed right to the side of her head, “See, everyone here is so far up their own ends and concerned with academia before the first grade is recorded that I feel little mayhem is in order. Not much, just something to lively up the place, like social fireworks! You understand? Of course, you do.”  

Pavi knocked hard on the door behind her, clearly labeled as Student Cafeteria – Kitchen. “Inspired choice or what!?” A stab, a twist, and a turn, “Open-sesame!” the kitchen showed off a sparking variety of automatons, organizing and preparing for the first meal.

The kitchen was rather elaborate; efficiency was the name of the game for the designer. The kitchen was emblazed in clean spotless white tiles only separated by a sea of black cast iron cooking equipment scattered throughout each one operated by a unique automaton performing some inane task that she supposed line cooks once did at a point in the past here. “Well, damn it,” Pavi said discouraged, “I was hoping for some simple kitchen we could sabotage but this is… a food lab. I can’t program automatrons…” Pavi struck a thinking gesture, “Maybe we don’t have to make them do anything right, just do everything wrong. Robot food fight? I’m stretching here…”

Tristan looked on as the cloaked figure didn't proceeded to come at him. Slightly annoyed Tristan responded by simply blinking slightly and triggering a small anima reaction inside of him. With that he was able to see that he could perfectly react to the cloaked figures movements. Tristan then nonchalantly dodged all of the figures punches and delivered a blow to the base of his spine. The cloaked figure went down with very little effort. 

Tristan now found himself with a problem. From his elevated position he could see the students running all across the campus. Hmm, this must be phase 2 of their hazing. He looked around and noticed that they were going to the dorms and he rolled his eyes. This is just inconvenient. He pulled the hood down from the cloaked figure and saw a very familiar face. Jacob! This is unexpected. One of the boys he used to hustle with had made their way into Daedulus. Well Headmistress can't find out about you and I surely can't drag you around the campus with all of these young hopefuls running around. What a dilemma. Now how am I going to do this? I guess the only thing I can do for now is leave you here. 

Tristan poured himself a shot and proceeded to chug it immediately. He was going to have to do this with stealth and make some moves that way. Hopefully no one would actually try to hop on the roof of this building anytime soon. Tristan proceeded to do some anima enhanced parkour and hop from building to building as a more efficient way to get back to his hangar. There wouldn't be any freshman classes on the first day most likely due to this orientation process so that should give him some time to clean this mess up before his advanced classes. Ugh this is not the way I expected to start my day.

Lena opened up her suitcase and was about to start unpacking. She had picked out a spot where she could wash out her clothes in the bathroom, and Lena generally had planned out everything in her head before she met her roommate. She unpacked her books and arranged them on the small table to the extreme right side, letting them stand up on their own. Not too close to the candle, but not too far away; Lena was incredibly picky with her books. She took a breath and laid down on the bottom of the bunk bed, still unsure about who her roommate was going to be.

Maybe it was going to be a very handsome fan that was rich and fabulous and that Lena could get along with very well. Maybe it was going to be a topshot freshman who wasn't afraid to taking risks. Maybe it was someone who would just get in her way, but hopefully it wouldn't have to come to that. Then, she heard a knock on the door.

"You can come on in!"

The person who then came in through the door wasn't the person at all Lena was expecting. It was a red-haired girl who was in a wheelchair, her arm extended outward after opening the door. Facially, the red-haired girl looked exhausted, like she was about to pass out. Understandable, since there was no way for her to actually get up here other than to climb the stairs, which might have been a feat all on its own. But Lena didn't like the idea of having to take care of a cripple who was staying with her, just getting in her way of her ultimate objective. With a squeak of the wheelchair's wheels, the red-haired girl looked at Lena.

"I guess we're roommates now, huh? I'm Erina, nice to meet you.

Erina? So this was the girl in the wheelchair. Lena had actually seen the girl before; she was the one who rocketed forward during the rubber bullet trial, using her extensive technology to further distance herself ahead of all of her opponents. Erina was a nice pretty name, but underneath her fixated gaze was a stern temper, of trying to improve oneself before fully committing.

"Lena. Nice to meet you."

Lena pretended to be nice, but in the back of her head she felt annoyed at the fact that this person was just here to get in her way. Even if she was able to manage fine on her own, there's no telling how snoopy or nosy she'd be. Besides, the less people knew about Lena, the better.

So, can I have the bottom bed?"

Not wasting any time, Lena immediately moved from her spot on the bed and sat up. "Absolutely, no arguments here. Do you need any help unpacking?"

Attwell was jarred from his thoughts when a tall blond--well, taller than him anyway, though that didn't take much--entered the room. No, entered was far too soft a term for it. Kicked open the door so hard it almost flew off its hinges? Aye, that was much closer to the truth. For sure, it was the truth.

The redhead rose immediately, eyeing the stranger with slight unease, slowly relaxing as he did so. He dresses like one of those stuffy nobs, he thought. But his posture's the posture of a workin' man, and he's carrying a hatchet. Well, crows can drape themselves in peacock feathers too, so there's that. Or he's a cock pretendin' he's a crow...best find out which it is, posthaste. Though twill be easy enough to tell when he looks me way.

The moment the blond's eyes caught his, they lit up like twin deaners. Oh, so he amn't a noble then. Attwell couldn't help his sigh of relief. Not that he had anything against individual nobles, but he harbored a fair bit of resentment toward them as a group. As the man walked over, Attwell winced. Ah, the raised board...too late. As if in slow motion, the blond tripped, axe flying out of his hands and straight. Toward. Him.

What in blue blazes?! Attwell swore internally. It came far too fast to duck, though in the end it barely missed him, embedding itself right above his head. The redhead sweated. That was far too close for comfort. Frowning when pieces of plaster fell into his hair, Attwell moved away from the wall, shaking his head like a dog as he did so. Turning his head around, the thief raised a brow at the new hole in the wall, looking straight into another room. Thankfully, there was nobody in that room, and hopefully there wouldn't be anybody...at least until they got that wall fixed.

Turning back to look at the blond, the redhead snickered when the man started apologizing profusely...while somehow seeming completely unaware of just what he almost did. "So sorry!  Bit of flooring caught me off guard.  Dastardly these floors are," he smiled like a child as he talked. "I'm Oswald, third of the Vanderbilt family. And this is Gertrude, my handy dandy, trusty axe.  Nice to meet ya!"

Shaking the last traces of shock from his mind, the thief took the proffered hand and shook it heartily. "Nice ta meetcha too. Name's Attwell O'Donogh," he gave a cheeky grin. Aside from the near death experience, this man didn't seem half bad.

“You know. From the looks of you, I could have painted you as a Good-Two-Shoes McGee. Glad to see you have spunk kid.”

"Oh, why thank you," Elizabeth said with the slightest hint of sarcasm and amusement. Before she could retort further, she was tugged along by the hand in the opposite direction of the dorms. She was perceptive enough to notice the other girl's sleight of hand as she reached and stole the keys of an alumni she bumped into. "What a useful skill," Elizabeth commented to herself; maybe she could learn something from this girl, though it was hardly the type of thing a highborn girl should know. Had she not come out here on her own, she would never have considered picking up pickpocketing as a skill; what a corruptive influence the outside world was.

“Blondie! This is your last shot of taking off, no hard feelings.”

"Quit wasting time" was Elizabeth's flippant response to that. The other girl's ultimatum actually made her somewhat nervous, but she couldn't let herself turn back now.

They entered the kitchen, to be met with a huge chambered filled with automatons performing a myriad of unique tasks towards the preparation of food.

“Well, damn it,” Pavi said discouraged, “I was hoping for some simple kitchen we could sabotage but this is… a food lab. I can’t program automatrons…” Pavi struck a thinking gesture, “Maybe we don’t have to make them do anything right, just do everything wrong. Robot food fight? I’m stretching here…”

"I can program them," said Elizabeth. Finally leaving the other girl's side to step forwards, she walked right up to an automaton. "Let's see, with this kind of design focused on arm movements, the optimal area to place the core would be right..." she reached over and grasped the front of the automaton at the base of the neck. "Here."

A bit of energy flowed from her fingertips into the machine, piercing its outer plating to strike at the Anima Core within. The automaton froze. A second later, it started dancing. "You like it?" she said, turning back to the Indian girl. "Now, what exactly is the plan here?"

iU8EggM.png

"Hey! What are you kids doing here?" A middle-aged man dressed in a chef's uniform appeared and immediately caught sight of the two girls, who currently admiring their handiwork. He began striding over with a stern expression. "How did you get in here?!"

"Ah! Oh, we're so, so, sooooo sorry! Were we not supposed to be in here? We were just passing by and someone had left the door open. We were just admiring how woooonderfully the automatons in here were working. They're perfectly in sync, the one who programmed them must be a genius!" Elizabeth looked to be on the verge of swooning.

The chef was taken aback, embarrassed. "Ah, well..."

"Once again, we're very sorry, please forgive us for trespassing," said Elizabeth, giving him a pleading look. The man's face softened even more, and Elizabeth, seeing that, quickly took the Indian by the hand and left the kitchen before the chef looked around to realize that the automatons were not quite moving in the same way they originally were.

Elizabeth smiled to herself as she mused that the one she was actually praising back there was herself. Finally, as they got a distance away, Elizabeth turned back to her companion. "Now, now, shall we finally introduce ourselves? I am Elizabeth Frankenstein, a highborn, as you may expect." Though she doubted that the Indian girl would care, she still instinctively refrained from mentioning the matter of her illegitimate birth.

"Cheeky ones, aren't they?"

Violet stepped forward from her position to walks towards the chef just as the two freshmen left the kitchen. Her voice clearly startled the middle-aged man, who didn't expect to see her in that room. By now the chef should've realized that the automatons in the room had been acting strange. Violet happened to notice the two girls tinkering with the chef automatons when she's looking for some extra snack to grab before leaving for another round of rest before the dinner. She decided to smile at the chef while she tried to hide the food she just grabbed behind her.

"And what business might you have here, Lady Violet?" The chef questioned her, not really looking pleased with her sudden appearance.

"I'm simply doing some inspection regarding the automatons here, nothing else. As you can see, some of the automatons helping around here is acting a bit weirdly. I've received some reports from Sebastian and some others regarding this, and I decided to look more into it. Well...Victoria asked me to do this, to be more accurate. You already know that I won't do this job on my own incentive.

Well, there's nothing really wrong with them, thankfully." Violet was almost going to say the truth regarding the fact that the two freshmen had tinkered with the automatons at first, but decided in the end that it would be better if she just let it slide and see what kind of mess would the two make. After all, it's a good way to gauge the two's capabilities in engineering. "Some faulty spare parts, and that's probably it. Once tonight's dinner has been concluded, I'll arrange for them to be checked up and tuned up properly, but I believe there's nothing about them that warranted an immediate concern.

And now, I will continue on with my inspection here. Just return your focus to prepare for the dinner. Time's a finite resource, so let's not waste it."

iU8EggM.png

"Absolutely, no arguments here. Do you need any help unpacking?"

"No, definitely not. I can handle this on my own." Erina answered. While she tried to keep smiling at the girl, Lena, a hint of complete annoyance was visible enough from her expression when Lena offered to help her. She kept on hearing offers like that over and over again, and it made her sick to think that everyone seemed to see her as someone incapable of doing things others could normally do, and that she would need help at every corner. "I really will do fine on my own, but thanks for offering for help."

But there's really no use of getting too angry just due to that. After her polite decline of Lena's offer, Erina went to the other side of the bottom bed, and after putting her suitcases under the bed, she decided to lie down on the bed, staring upwards. The day had been really tiring, unnecessarily so. Though, while at first she wondered whether she could survive doing things as tiring as this on the next few years, she immediately, angrily, refused to have those doubts blossom inside of her. No way in hell she would be defeated by merely an academy. She had chosen to study here, and while she was not as academically capable as her sisters, there's no way she would let that fact held her back in her struggle here.

With her mind sorting itself out, Erina then decided to detach her arms from the joints on her shoulders using an anima command. Sleeping with them had never really been comfortable, and she still had some bad sentiments regarding the construct. Closing her eyes as she started to attempt sleeping, the redhead then proceed to ask one last question to Lena before she fell asleep.

"So, Lena, what kind of dream do you exactly seek out by coming to this academy?"

iU8EggM.png

"Isaiah! You better not plan on taking my marks here as your apprentice!" Caeil, still completely irritated with the fact that she couldn't figure out how exactly the girl...boy summoned his wings, noticed the asthmatic boy's presence in the distance, and immediately yelled at him. If there's one last person she would like to see right now, it's him. Aside from a big personal and national issue (her being from a family of nobles who was almost wiped out by Isaac de Neirland during his final offensive), she felt that he was not even worth it to be her rival. For one, he's reeling way too damn much on her ancestor's fame and line rather than actually trying to make a name on his own, which was especially irritating for Caeil due to who exactly his ancestor was. He's also a damn coward, and generally unpleasant. Caeil would've remarked about his irritating proud and insufferable nature, but she knew that she'd be hypocritical if she hated him for that. To make things worse, he reminded her about her old rival too much, who was actually pretty similar to Isaiah, but unlike Isaiah, her old rival was a visionary. It was still quite a shame that old rival of hers had left the school due to several issues.

"Why are you here in the first place anyway?" She yelled again. Due to a lot of drop outs during the end of the last term, she and the others of her class have been moved to Isaiah's class. She definitely didn't look forward to the prospect of having to be in the same class as that smug snake.

"If you dare touching the freshman that I'll choose, I'll melt your arm off."

Probably she wouldn't be this pissed off normally, but she's really in a bad mood right now, and Isaiah's pretty much the best yelling target she could find at the moment.

Archived