Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri / Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There

• 3 months later...

[spoiler=Episode 14]That was a pretty lame way that the Emperor finally got to witness the power of Japan tbh.

Also, what's with the rabbit girl and the prince? Is she just pretending to be sympathetic to the prince? Or was the scene last episode just purposefully misleading BDSM play?

[spoiler=Episode 14]That was a pretty lame way that the Emperor finally got to witness the power of Japan tbh.

Also, what's with the rabbit girl and the prince? Is she just pretending to be sympathetic to the prince? Or was the scene last episode just purposefully misleading BDSM play?

[spoiler=]How was it lame? I thought it was totally badass. It's possible the Emperor might have something else planned as well, though eventually we'll have to get to the actual Fire Dragon part of the Fire Dragon Arc so I'm not sure how long they're gonna stay on this plot thread.

With the bunny girl, I was thinking Stockholm Syndrome.

What I'm confused about is when the Empire took hostages, because the family of that one missing woman were trying to find her leading up to before the incident in Ginza. Were some soldiers able to come over to Japan before the Gate opened up in Ginza and all the fighting started somehow and then return with Japanese citizens? Maybe it's explained better in the novels but I'm not sure how it happened as of right now.

[spoiler=]How was it lame? I thought it was totally badass. It's possible the Emperor might have something else planned as well, though eventually we'll have to get to the actual Fire Dragon part of the Fire Dragon Arc so I'm not sure how long they're gonna stay on this plot thread.

With the bunny girl, I was thinking Stockholm Syndrome.

What I'm confused about is when the Empire took hostages, because the family of that one missing woman were trying to find her leading up to before the incident in Ginza. Were some soldiers able to come over to Japan before the Gate opened up in Ginza and all the fighting started somehow and then return with Japanese citizens? Maybe it's explained better in the novels but I'm not sure how it happened as of right now.

[spoiler=]I agree that the bunny girl has Stockholm syndrome, but what pissed me off is that the hostage girl sure it pretty okay for a long-term rape victim. If they're going to go dark, do it in a way that doesn't dismiss that parts you pick and choose, Gate!

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=just watched 1-14 and read the manga]manga's a bit darker, but really the message gets across the same, so that's forgivable. this show is one of the few that i will be waiting on weekly. the premise is great, the characters are fun, and it gives a really interesting look at the differences between modern and ancient culture. well we didn't have magic back then, but the overall feel is like modern world VS past world. bunny gierl obviously has some plans set up, and i really want to see what they are, but considering what she's putting herself through, i assume she's planning for the loooong term.

this show is essentially "AMERICA! JAPAN! funk YEAH!" the anime. and i love it. it might be a bit over the top with it at times, but seeing as america does it just as often, i really can't complain.

• 2 weeks later...

Hot damn this last episode was so cool. Lelei unleashes her UBW and we get to see the other army guys show the babby dagons and that other apostle who's boss.

Also, 74 kg of C4? I understand it's a Fire Dragon but holy sheet that is an utterly insane amount of C4. For reference, one common variant of packaging is the M112 block, which is about 0.57 kg.

m112_01.jpg

So this actually ends the Fire Dragon Arc, for the most part, and while I don't know what's in it people have mentioned some Upheaval Arc that comes next.

Badass crazy face Lelei is not something I knew I wanted but I love it.

Also, Gilgamesh would never condone just picking up abunch of rusted swords off the ground. The state of the swords combined with the blue hue versus a yellow one are much more fitting for UBW than GoB.

Archived