[Singles] Hunduel's Single Cards (for DP format)

Hunduel

Greetings everyone!

I decided to contribute to the Duel Portal format with several new cards that may make the whole gaming experience more interesting. However, I decided to NOT create an archetype - but instead do generic cards that either support an already existing deck, or will create a new one by supporting underrated cards. However, even though some cards are directly supporting a deck or a specific card, they were designed to allow creative deck building, and thus you're able to think out of the box by adding these "engines" to your own deck.

Also, one of the most important aspect during the creation of this card was that they should appeal to newcomers to the format. There are lots of archetypes that are not that easy to learn, as most of these archetypes are completely new and they have nothing to do with the original game. Someone with little experience in either the original game, or this custom format, may find this not so appealing. These cards will also allow you to use old school decks in a new way, or to create your own deck by using half of DP cards, and half of original cards. This will surely make adaptation to the format much easier.

Let's see the cards!

[spoiler=Cinderella of the Moon]

duel_portal_cinderella_of_the_moon_by_hu

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a DARK monster: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position, but its effects are negated and destroy it when this card leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "Cinderella of the Moon" once per turn.

[spoiler=Wanderer of the Red Lotus]

duel_portal_wanderer_of_the_red_lotus_by

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect:
* When this card is Gemini Summoned: You can target 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

[spoiler=Monk of Virtue]

duel_portal_monk_of_virtue_by_hunduel_d9

Cannot be Special Summoned. This card is also treated as DARK while it is face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card is Normal or Flip Summoned: Change this card to Defense Position. Each time a Spell Card is activated, place 1 Spell Counter on this card when that Spell Card resolves (max 2). Once per turn: You can remove 2 Spell Counter from this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard.

[spoiler=Goddess of the Sun]

duel_portal_goddess_of_the_sun_by_hundue

Cannot be Special Summoned (except by its own effect). If this card is in your Graveyard: You can target 2 LIGHT monsters in your Graveyard; banish them, then Special Summon this card. During either player's turn, you can reveal this card: add it to your Deck; draw 1 card. During your Main Phase: You can Tribute this card to target up to 2 cards on your opponent's side of the field; send those targets to the Graveyard. You can only use 1 "Goddess of the Sun" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[spoiler="Spartan Lancer]

duel_portal_spartan_lancer_by_hunduel_d9

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while it is in your Graveyard. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 1 FIRE Warrior-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 FIRE Gemini Monster from your Deck, but it cannot attack the turn it was Summoned.

[spoiler=Shadog]

duel_portal_shadog_by_hunduel_d931vb6_1.

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can apply 1 of the following effects:
* Add 1 "Destiny HERO" monster from your Deck to your hand.
* Send 1 "Destiny HERO" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Cursed Red Riding]

duel_portal_cursed_red_riding_by_hunduel

During your Main Phase: You can target 1 Level 6 or lower Fiend-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck: Send this card and another Fiend-Type monster from your side of the field to the Graveyard whose total Levels are equal to that Fusion Monster's; Special Summon that target (ignore its the Summoning Conditions). You can only use this effect of "Cursed Red Riding" once per turn.

[spoiler=Grant Diabolos, Emperor of the Abyss]

duel_portal_grant_diabolos_emperor_of_th

"Diabolos, King of the Abyss" + 1 Level 6 or higher DARK monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During your opponent's Draw Phase, before their draw: Look at the top 3 card of their Deck; send 1 card to the Graveyard, put 1 card on the bottom of their Deck, and put 1 card on the top of their Deck. When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle, or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Diabolos, King of the Abyss" from your hand or Deck, ignoring its Summoning Conditions.

[spoiler=General Xalanth]

duel_portal_general_xalanth_by_hunduel_d

If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Senet Switch" from your Deck or Graveyard to the hand. Once per turn: This card can move to an adjacent unoccupied Monster Card Zone, then monsters that moved to an adjacent unoccupied Monster Card Zone this turn are unaffected by Trap Cards until the End Phase.

[spoiler=Jurrac Dylia]

duel_portal_jurrac_dylia_by_hunduel_d935

Cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard with 1700 ATK and/or 200 DEF; Special Summon that target, but banish it during the End Phase. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 FIRE Dinosaur-Type monster in your Graveyard (except "Jurrac Dylia"); add it to your hand.

[spoiler=Shadowheart Kunai]

duel_portal_shadowheart_kunai_by_hunduel

Once per turn: This card can move to an adjacent unoccupied Monster Card Zone. While this card is face-up on the field, monsters can only attack their own column. During either player's turn, when a Spell Card is activated (except during the Damage Step): You can return this face-up card from the field to the hand.

[spoiler=Knight of Laurel LV4]

duel_portal_knight_of_laurel_lv4_by_hund

When this card is Normal Summoned: Add 1 "LV" monster OR 1 "Level Up!" from your Deck or Graveyard to the hand. During your Standby Phase: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Knight of Laurel LV8" from your hand or Deck.

[spoiler=Knight of Laurel LV8]

duel_portal_knight_of_laurel_lv8_by_hund

Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up "LV" monster you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or Deck that is listed in the sent monster's text, ignoring its Summoning conditions. (The Special Summoned monster is treated as if it was Summoned by the effect of the monster sent to the Graveyard.) This card cannot attack the turn you used this effect. You can only control 1 "Knight of Laurel LV8". (This effect cannot be negated.)

[spoiler=Frost and Flame Myth]

duel_portal_frost_and_flame_myth_by_hund

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 FIRE and 1 WATER monsters from your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster on the field; the ATK of that target becomes 0.

[spoiler=Terranova Myth]

duel_portal_terranova_myth_by_hunduel_d9

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 EARTH and 1 WIND monsters from your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; place that target on the top or bottom of the deck.

Thank you Darkness & QueenDeVille for the suggestions and your contribution during creating these cards.

Hey and welcome to DP!

You've got some interesting cards in there with some cool designs. A couple things that need to be addressed, but nothing really super huge that dramatically affects the cards' design. Gonna keep my feedback short for each card, though. Lots to go through!

Cinderella needs a little tweaking; right now it's close to being a maindeck Noden with a good nerf in that the monster's effect is negated and some more limitations on what it can summon; but you may need one or two more downsides to its effect such as a Hard Once-Per-Turn clause (You can only activate the effect of ______ once per turn) or a limitation on what you can do with the monster that's summoned or how it affects your turn (no battle phase or no battle damage etc.) Overall making it a semi-nomi maindeck is a good nerf compared to Noden, so overall the changes that need to be made are quite minor.

Wanderer is a neat card for Geminis and presents some neat concepts with Igknight Gemini as a potential deck. Would need to see how it plays it out in testing in that kind of situation before it's deemed too weak or too powerful, though.

Monk of Virtue needs tweaking, however. Its summoning effect needs a bigger cost, as right now there are some very powerful combos you can do with the pool of level 4 or lower spellcasters (Summoner Monk is one such target). It may also need an effect that negates the monster's effect when it's summoned. It's very close to be a well-balanced and really neat tech; you just need to find out what a good number of counters as a cost would be for its effect through testing. I would suggest taking  look into its application with Spellbook/Prophecies as well.

Goddess of the Sun is a cool card that needs one tweak. Right now it's incredibly powerful because of its summoning effect. Correct if I'm wrong, but the summon effect is supposed to an affect you activate for the Hard OPT? Because having the choice of either drawing, summoning, or popping makes for some good strategic application. Except right now, the way its summoning effect is that it's inherent right now: It's not an effect you activate or that starts a chain. If you were to tweak that, you would have a very cool card on your hands.

Spartan Lancer is also an interesting card. I like that you made your generic support support each other and that there are combos you can do with the cards without the use of an archetype. With 1900 ATK, I think its effect is powerful, but not terribly abusable. It's strong but it has a good design. Maybe make the monster it summons in DEF position to avoid getting in extra damage, or prevent it from attacking. Other than that, solid card.

Shadog is a cool searching option for Destiny HEROs. Though I wonder where the Tuner part comes in...

I looked over Cursed Red Riding's pool, and there's a few things that need to be pointed out. The interaction with Infernoids is scary effect, in particular with Devyaty. Devyaty is already a very effective monster with its backrow removal; but comboing that card with this card lets you not only nuke the backrow, but then immediately go into Armityle and deal some massive damage; very possibly for game. It may not be a guaranteed OTK because it depends on what your opponent has; but it's still a very dangerous two-card combo that's quite easy to pull off and can lead to some very cheap wins. On top of that, D/D/D's have a level 10 fusion that's really freaking strong, but is also hard to summon. Seeing as D/D/D's have Level 7 monsters they can very easily summon, this becomes a very strong tech to enable that monster a little easily. As well, this card makes summoning the next guy super easy, but I talk about him as well. To curve this, I would suggest limiting the Fusion Monsters it summons to being either level 9 or 8 and lower. The design is very cool and it enables Evil HEROEs and overall the pool isn't broken; it's even pretty decent. There are just a couple very high level monsters it can summon that it maybe should not be able to.

Grant Diabolos is a scary card, and I would actually deem its effect too strong and consider how that works in a duel. Its summoning condition thankfully requires you to run a card that's typically not that great with its own conditions, but we have already had some bad experiences giving old cards support (Mazera DeVille. Didn't end too well.) As well, this card already gets some support with another card you've made; so I would maybe consider this card's effect (it already floats with strong stats). Just one thing to keep in mind is that with the original Diabolos; is that it doesn't TOTALLY control what your opponent draws; it just lets you decide if you want to take the chance at them drawing something worse or not. This card lets you control your opponent's draw. While in the early game this isn't as good because you don't KNOW what would be dead for your opponent; late game this card would practically be an instant win.

Xalanth and Kunai are VERY cool cards, and some of my favorite in this list. They have some interesting interactions and combos that, while giving your opponent a new challenge, don't discourage player interaction. Both cards have some very cool design and balance and I look forward to seeing them in action.

Dylia is interesting; only thing is I would specify the monster it Special Summons as a Dinosaur instead of any FIRE-type monster. This just better focuses the card's niche; as otherwise this card becomes really, really good in a lot of decks that are anything but Jurrac (use it to get Royal Firestorm Guard back and then shenanigans with that ensue). Cool design; that's just the oonnnee thing that might need to be changed.

I also really like the Knights of Laurel; both cards have some very interesting and well-balanced effects that can provide some cool interactions in a LV deck. I really like both of them!

And finally, the Myths are interesting in the interactions with cross-attribute decks. It would be cool to see what decks these cards get used in.

You have some very cool cards, and this makes for a very solid debut into DP. I know the balance stuff I said may be a little overwhelming (hopefully not discouraging); but learning proper balance without testing and/or making mistakes isn't a very easy task to accomplish, and heck these cards are a lot more balanced than the first cards I submitted for DP. You're off to a great start and I hope to see more from you!

Hey and welcome to DP!

You've got some interesting cards in there with some cool designs. A couple things that need to be addressed, but nothing really super huge that dramatically affects the cards' design. Gonna keep my feedback short for each card, though. Lots to go through!

Cinderella needs a little tweaking; right now it's close to being a maindeck Noden with a good nerf in that the monster's effect is negated and some more limitations on what it can summon; but you may need one or two more downsides to its effect such as a Hard Once-Per-Turn clause (You can only activate the effect of ______ once per turn) or a limitation on what you can do with the monster that's summoned or how it affects your turn (no battle phase or no battle damage etc.) Overall making it a semi-nomi maindeck is a good nerf compared to Noden, so overall the changes that need to be made are quite minor.

Wanderer is a neat card for Geminis and presents some neat concepts with Igknight Gemini as a potential deck. Would need to see how it plays it out in testing in that kind of situation before it's deemed too weak or too powerful, though.

Monk of Virtue needs tweaking, however. Its summoning effect needs a bigger cost, as right now there are some very powerful combos you can do with the pool of level 4 or lower spellcasters (Summoner Monk is one such target). It may also need an effect that negates the monster's effect when it's summoned. It's very close to be a well-balanced and really neat tech; you just need to find out what a good number of counters as a cost would be for its effect through testing. I would suggest taking  look into its application with Spellbook/Prophecies as well.

Goddess of the Sun is a cool card that needs one tweak. Right now it's incredibly powerful because of its summoning effect. Correct if I'm wrong, but the summon effect is supposed to an affect you activate for the Hard OPT? Because having the choice of either drawing, summoning, or popping makes for some good strategic application. Except right now, the way its summoning effect is that it's inherent right now: It's not an effect you activate or that starts a chain. If you were to tweak that, you would have a very cool card on your hands.

Spartan Lancer is also an interesting card. I like that you made your generic support support each other and that there are combos you can do with the cards without the use of an archetype. With 1900 ATK, I think its effect is powerful, but not terribly abusable. It's strong but it has a good design. Maybe make the monster it summons in DEF position to avoid getting in extra damage, or prevent it from attacking. Other than that, solid card.

Shadog is a cool searching option for Destiny HEROs. Though I wonder where the Tuner part comes in...

I looked over Cursed Red Riding's pool, and there's a few things that need to be pointed out. The interaction with Infernoids is scary effect, in particular with Devyaty. Devyaty is already a very effective monster with its backrow removal; but comboing that card with this card lets you not only nuke the backrow, but then immediately go into Armityle and deal some massive damage; very possibly for game. It may not be a guaranteed OTK because it depends on what your opponent has; but it's still a very dangerous two-card combo that's quite easy to pull off and can lead to some very cheap wins. On top of that, D/D/D's have a level 10 fusion that's really freaking strong, but is also hard to summon. Seeing as D/D/D's have Level 7 monsters they can very easily summon, this becomes a very strong tech to enable that monster a little easily. As well, this card makes summoning the next guy super easy, but I talk about him as well. To curve this, I would suggest limiting the Fusion Monsters it summons to being either level 9 or 8 and lower. The design is very cool and it enables Evil HEROEs and overall the pool isn't broken; it's even pretty decent. There are just a couple very high level monsters it can summon that it maybe should not be able to.

Grant Diabolos is a scary card, and I would actually deem its effect too strong and consider how that works in a duel. Its summoning condition thankfully requires you to run a card that's typically not that great with its own conditions, but we have already had some bad experiences giving old cards support (Mazera DeVille. Didn't end too well.) As well, this card already gets some support with another card you've made; so I would maybe consider this card's effect (it already floats with strong stats). Just one thing to keep in mind is that with the original Diabolos; is that it doesn't TOTALLY control what your opponent draws; it just lets you decide if you want to take the chance at them drawing something worse or not. This card lets you control your opponent's draw. While in the early game this isn't as good because you don't KNOW what would be dead for your opponent; late game this card would practically be an instant win.

Xalanth and Kunai are VERY cool cards, and some of my favorite in this list. They have some interesting interactions and combos that, while giving your opponent a new challenge, don't discourage player interaction. Both cards have some very cool design and balance and I look forward to seeing them in action.

Dylia is interesting; only thing is I would specify the monster it Special Summons as a Dinosaur instead of any FIRE-type monster. This just better focuses the card's niche; as otherwise this card becomes really, really good in a lot of decks that are anything but Jurrac (use it to get Royal Firestorm Guard back and then shenanigans with that ensue). Cool design; that's just the oonnnee thing that might need to be changed.

I also really like the Knights of Laurel; both cards have some very interesting and well-balanced effects that can provide some cool interactions in a LV deck. I really like both of them!

And finally, the Myths are interesting in the interactions with cross-attribute decks. It would be cool to see what decks these cards get used in.

You have some very cool cards, and this makes for a very solid debut into DP. I know the balance stuff I said may be a little overwhelming (hopefully not discouraging); but learning proper balance without testing and/or making mistakes isn't a very easy task to accomplish, and heck these cards are a lot more balanced than the first cards I submitted for DP. You're off to a great start and I hope to see more from you!

Hey! Thank yo so much for the warm welcome and the proper feedback! It is really appreciated. Let me explain some of my choices and/or to reply to your comments.

Cinderella of the Moon: While I agree that this card should take some kind of nerf (especially with Monk of Virtue being a thing), but I still think that otherwise it's not as good as most people think. Yes, it is indeed a 3-Mat R4 material on its own (if it was Special Summoned), but it is not so different from Tellarknight in many ways. Also, it has only a few options, and while some of them are nice choices, teching it into anywhere is just not an option, even if you run 2 Summoner Monks in your deck. The (You can only activate the effect of ______ once per turn) part, however, could be added easily, as it won't hurt the card's design (it was designed to be a OPT card).

Wanderer & Lancer: Thanks. I'm glad you like both of them, and while I'm also interested in seeing Igknight variants, I feel like it won't make a difference adding these into the deck. HOWEVER, it is a huge boost to Gemini Decks, especially FIRE Warrior-Type decks. Knight of the Red Lotus + Blue Flame Swordsman are just an awesome addition to this deck.

Monk of Virtue: Well, I'm still unsure about it, but since it cannot be Special Summoned, it is still far better than Summoner Monk in many ways. However, if I still need to nerf it in some way, then I'd make it to a "remove 2 spell counters" effect, so it will be much slower, but would have the potential to be included in Spell Counter decks too (or Gather your Mind becoming a staple in this kind of deck).

Goddess of the Sun: Damn, I forgot to modify its effect. Yes, it is indeed working as you mentioned: If you Summon it, you cannot use any of its effects. I will change it.

Shadog: It is a tuner because of Malicios. That's the real only reason.

Cursed Red Riding: To be honest, I completely forgot about these creatures. I will just make it to work with LV8 or lower Fiend-Type monsters to make it balanced, and to focus more on Evil Heroes.

Grant Diabolos: It is actually the only one I don't agree with you. While it is indeed strong, you actually have to run a card that makes its Summoning pain in the ass, and to use this card, you indeed need Diabolos. It is indeed a control, and in a completely new way, but not as dangerous as it seems first. The only thing that may make it a bit strong is the other material: LV4 or lower DARK is just too generic for such a card, but I couldn't find any other Fusion Material that could fit with such a card. I didn't want to include Fiend-Type or Dragon-Type, as both of them actually benefit from it. 

Xalanth & Kunai: Thanks, I'm glad you like them. These two cards will make an interesting "Senet Chain Beat" variant that could be really interesting to play, and will surely increase player interactivity. Which is always cool. Also, another unforgotten deck type, yet something unique concept.

Dylia: The only reason why it supports FIRE instead of Dinosaur is to support cards like Flamvell and Laval, which has been disbanded by the ban of Rekindling. In other words: It IS a 1-target Rekindling for deck that could use it, and also a bit of Jurrac (and even Evol?) support.

Knight of Laurel LV4 & LV8: Thanks. They indeed needed some tweak to balance them, but I'm actually satisfied with the results. They indeed support LV cards, yet nothing broken that Horus could abuse.

Myths: Thanks, I also can't wait to see some decks that could use this card. This is something that should be included since the beginning of the game with Chaos supports, in my opinion.

Liking the Gemini related support :D Very nice. Wanderer can net some nice pluses. Spartan great with cards like Swing of Memories and when Supervise goes to the grave.

Thanks! I'm glad you like them :)

• 5 weeks later...

Bump: Fixed each of the problematic cards:

- Cinderella is now once-per-turn

- Monk of Virtue now needs 2 Spell Counters

- Goddess of the Sun's wording is fixed

- Monster Summoned by Spartan Lancer cannot attack the turn it was Summoned

- Cursed Red Riding now only works with LV6 or lower monsters

- Grant Diabolos now needs LV6 or higher monster as the other Fusion Material

Everything else left as it is.

Archived