Yu-gi-oh Game for the Wii

Astro Dude

I'm asking all of you what you think the chances are of there being a Yu-gi-oh GX game for the Wii. If there will be one, will we get to see 3-D images of all the monsters up to, say, the Light of Destruction set? Let me know.

I guess I'll have to explain the mechanics:

This game is like Yu-gi-oh GX: The Beginning of Destiny. You start of as a new student, etc. etc. Except in the card battles, that's where it gets different. In the card battles, you can use the Wii Remote (I like to call it the Wiimote) to point at the card you want to play. Simple point and click, and the card is plaued. Plus, there will be a library just like Duelist of the Roses where you can see the monsters in 3-d. Imagine seeing Elemental Hero Flare Neos or VWXYZ Dragon Catapult Cannon in 3-d. Also, when you go up certain ranks, you can change dorms. Wouldn't that be something?

Guest Chaos Pudding

Well, considering that 5D has already started, I would assume that any games would be based off of that instead of GX.

Why make it for Wii? 360 or PS3 would ensure better 3d graphics for the monsters and the controls are fairly simple so Wii controls aren't really required. The DS pretty much meet your criteria though.

Wii probably came to them first, and they also probably want to gear towards new audiences. Another thing is that Wii is usually used by younger people, which younger people usually play Yu-Gi-Oh!

wii games are suppose to be revoultionary with the control system' date=' this is too simple

[/quote']

"Action Drawing?"

"Virtual Battles?"

Or maybe some special "Ultra-Mode" or something, with the Wiimote acting as an earn-able handicap?

Well' date=' considering that 5D has already started, I would assume that any games would be based off of that instead of GX.

[/quote']

Why make it for Wii? 360 or PS3 would ensure better 3d graphics for the monsters and the controls are fairly simple so Wii controls aren't really required. The DS pretty much meet your criteria though.

Wii probably came to them first' date=' and they also probably want to gear towards new audiences. Another thing is that Wii is usually used by younger people, which younger people usually play Yu-Gi-Oh!

[/quote']

i agree ps3 yugioh NAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

wii games are suppose to be revoultionary with the control system' date=' this is too simple

[/quote']

"Action Drawing?"

"Virtual Battles?"

Or maybe some special "Ultra-Mode" or something, with the Wiimote acting as an earn-able handicap?

To Chaos Pudding, That might be better, since there will be a Steering Wheel attachment to the Wii.

To Gyrus, It'll be the first yu-gi-oh game ever for the wii.

For Slayer_Supreme, Thanks for the input.

For tonisanoob, What do you have against the Wii?

For Kizzi, I agree with you there. I think we've seen enough of the duelists in 3-d and not enough of the monsters. The handicap is a good idea too.

To fully enrich the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game experience, the Enrichment Center suggests that it should be played on a console with more advanced graphics than the Nintendo Wii. And since the PlayStation 3 already has it's own card game, the Enrichment Center suggests the Xbox 360 for now.

Note: I own a PS3, no 360, no Wii.

To fully enrich the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game experience' date=' the Enrichment Center suggests that it should be played on a console with more advanced graphics than the Nintendo Wii. And since the PlayStation 3 already has it's own card game, the Enrichment Center suggests the Xbox 360 for now.[/i']

speaking of which has anyone ever played that ps3 card game? i want to pick it up but it cost money

To fully enrich the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game experience' date=' the Enrichment Center suggests that it should be played on a console with more advanced graphics than the Nintendo Wii. And since the PlayStation 3 already has it's own card game, the Enrichment Center suggests the Xbox 360 for now.[/i']

speaking of which has anyone ever played that ps3 card game? i want to pick it up but it cost money

I have a copy. It's fun, you should buy it if you have a PS3.

I have a copy. It's fun, you should buy it if you have a PS3.

Oh' date=' you can use the Wii-mote to symbolize a bully and punch yourself for playing virtual card games.

[/quote']

To Umbra, I thought it would be a good idea.

To Arekku, Maybe instead of drawing the card automatically, you can use the A and B buttons on the Wiimote and pull the wiimote back to draw a card. That would be something.

• 9 months later...

Wii™ is the best system for this (my opinion), so yeah, it would be AWESOME if there was one!

My current Yu-Gi-Oh games:

Original - Dungeon Dice Monsters(GBA)

Original - The Falsebound Kingdom(GameCube)

Original - Duelists of the Roses(PS2)

Original - Capsule Monster Coliseum(PS2)

GX - Spirit Caller(DS)

I would really be happy if there was one for Wii™!!!! :D

they could actually make it so ATK/DEF are not in the game and when monsters battle you go into a 3-D fight like SSBB and the winner destroyes the opponents card

that would be awesom

That would be awesome. Dude' date=' I like how you think.

[/quote']

Already thought of this, there's flaws. Imagine a Kuriboh beating the crap out of Stardust Dragon. It would rely too much on fighting skills than actual monsters.

Archived