Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods (IC/Limited Acceptance/S/PG-16)

Ren✧

As Kiara danced wildly she couldn't help but think about Cygnus' comment, the one about bad sex. It made her want to laugh. Bad sex? She'd have to have sex for that happen in the first place. Suddenly she wanted to drink again. Memories of the Night Sisters tearing away her chance to bear children before she was hardly old enough to conceptualize having a family floated before her eyes. She shook them away. Instead the bright flashing lights replaced them. So yeah, she could never have kids. And yeah, she was still a virgin, but it wasn't like she had, had a huge amount of opportunities in her life. From ages 12 to 17 she was a part of a cult that tried to control her every action and thought. Right now wasn't the time to dwell on that. It was time to party.

The music changed tempos, taking a zestier flare. Kiara giggled wildly as Cygnus took her by the hips and they began to dance together. She took up the moves pretty quickly, surprising even herself. It seemed that she was a woman of many talents. With a complicated twist of his arms, Cygnus spun Kiara around yet again causing her to let out a whoop of joy. "You're a natural, kid!" He praised, making Kiara blush (though she had to agree). 

"It helps to have a good partner." She responded, sharing the moment, happy to just be free of all her stress for once. Of course, the moment was too good to last. It was then that Blake to the opportunity to crush his soda can, mutter something that Kiara couldn't hear over the music, and then storm off into his room. So much for a drama evening. There was part of her that told her to go comfort Blake, that it was her job to make him feel better. However she quickly silenced that part of herself. Something told her that she was part of the reason that Blake was upset. Besides, she was having fun here. If Blake wanted to go be by himself in his room, well then that was his business. Kiara wasn't going to let it ruin her night.

Refusing to let his Blake's departure make things awkward, Kiara piped up. "Rox, my little fox," the alcohol making itself evident, "come dance with us." 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No party like a Titan Party

Roxie watched Blake make his way towards his room with an oddly blank expression, before glancing down at the bottle she had secured for herself and raising it to her lips for another shot. She could tell the boy was still hurt about the loss of Alfonso- of course he was, it had only been a bloody week since Afly had just decided to up and leave the team- his friends - HER! The bottle suddenly began to glow with kinetic energy, causing Roxie to jump in shock. Glancing around to confirm that everyone was too busy enjoying themselves to notice her minor slip up, the girl let loose a drunken sigh before disarming the bomb she had created and taking another shot. 

"You've got some balls Alfy..." The former knight grumbled whilst looking out into the night sky above the city harbor. Bringing her two fingers up to her lips, she held them there for just a few moments as she gazed at the stars. "Arsehole!" Her face flushing at the memory Alfonso's stolen kiss, Roxie let loose a feral growl before bringing the bottle up yet again to take a large gulp. Why did it matter, anyway? She had kissed other guys before... all of which waaay more fit than Alfonso. Though none were quite as goofy, or clever, or smelled like her favorite flavor of potato chips... and she couldn't recall any having that thing going with their face that she kind of liked sometimes....  "All you had do was as-urgghhh, dammit! If spaceboy wants to go galaven- galavamp..." She paused as her alcohol stricken mind struggled to find the word she was looking for. "GALAVANTING!" Finally plucking the word  from the hurricane of her psyche, blonde called it out with her thick english accent. "If he want's to go galavanting around the bloody cosmos without me, then s-" Her drunken tangent was suddenly interrupted by Kiara's voice. 

"Rox, my little fox, come dance with us." 

Oh yea, even without Alfonso, she still had the other members of her family to look after. Sighing loudly, the girl raised the bottle to her lips a final time, draining the entirety of it's contents. Ordinarily finishing an entire bottle of cheap booze by herself would have been quite the accomplishment for the former knight, but even as the edges of her vision began to blur, the large weight in her chest was still very much present. But nonetheless, she smiled and grabbed Arondite from it's resting spot before stumbling over her to friends. Baseball bat in hand, she grabbed Ben by his collar of his shirt and pulled him up from the ground just after he went to down for a split. "What other moves do ya' got, Spidey?" Mirroring Kiara's dance, the blonde flashed the knew titan mischievous smirk as the music blared.  

"What other moves do ya' got, Spidey?"

Benjamin was a bit shocked when Roxie approached him like this, grabbing him by the collar and pulling him up after his little dance show. He noticed the mischievous smirk she gave, but then again, he couldn't tell if it was by the alcohol or what. Nevertheless, he smirked back and backed up. "Heh, what ya think that's all I got?" he chuckled, shaking his head. "Watch an' learn!"

Keep On Partying!

Benjamin back-flipped some, keeping in time with the beat and rhythm, doing quite a bit of movement this time. His feet seemed to going into overtime as he did his little dance routine, but this didn't stop him. Benjamin swiftly flipped again, this time doing a complete hand-stand and in a sense, doing the exact thing that his feet did. May have to thank Kudo for taking me those clubs and showing me a thing or two... he chuckled to himself as he flipped back again, standing up as he dusted his shoulders off and smirked Roxie.

"Well?" he chuckled, before beginning to match his movements to Roxie's. "Let's just say, this spider's got a few tricks up his sleeve."

teen_titans_communicator_logo_by_phaeton

GM Post: "

" (Interlude)

The Titans' celebrations lasted throughout the entire night, carrying on until dawn blossomed slowly over the horizon, dying the waters of the Crescent Moon Bay with dazzling shades of deep pink and vivid gold. Huddled together on the roof of Titans Tower, the young heroes watched as Aurora City came alive to greet the new day, its massive skyscrapers flashing like jewels. Beautiful. Hopeful. Radiant. For a few precious hours, the team had been able to behave like any other normal group of teenagers. They had danced until their feet were sore and laughed until their sides hurt, but now, standing here, a feeling of deep calm descended upon them. The last few days had been difficult for all of them, filled with unpleasant memories and painful farewells, and underneath all of it, a compounding feeling that something wasn't quite right. Yet now, bathing in the sun's light, buoyed by the fresh wind blowing from the sea, looking out at their city, the Titans breathed in the scent of change. The past was behind them and the poison had been drawn from their wounds. There were still questions to be asked, misunderstandings to be resolved and demons to be confronted, but the young heroes could breathe a little easier knowing that when the time came, they wouldn't be alone. For better or worse, their fates were tied together. And for the moment, that was enough. It had to be.

"Beautiful, huh?" Someone asked. It didn't matter who.

"Yeah."

iU8EggM.png

In the weeks that followed, life resumed its normal pace at Titans Tower. Time seemed to pass much more rapidly now, in order to make up for how it had dragged following the orb's destruction and Alfonso's departure. In between fighting crime, group training sessions and their own personal pursuits, the team managed to keep quite busy. With time, Ben proved himself to be an excellent addition to the team and eventually, even Blake's stance towards the group's newest member softened. In the absence of any direct communication or mission assignments from Sybil, the Titans dedicated themselves to collaborating with Chief Rookwood and the rest of Aurora City's police forces, working together to neutralize petty criminals and combat natural disasters, earning the respect of the city's denizens in the process. For those with previous crime-fighting experience, like Ben, Kiara, and Roxie, the adulation and admiration of grateful civilians was nothing new. For others newer to the trade like Blake and Cygnus, however, the experience was completely novel and surprisingly pleasant. Life seemed to have adopted a steady, almost peaceful rhythm, until...

INCOMING VIDEO TRANSMISSION FROM: <Sybil>.

"Transmission authorized," Cygnus called out to the computer from his precarious perch on the sofa in the Central Complex, putting his book aside as he and the other Titans turned towards the display screen. "Connect video and audio."

The Tower's computerized system beeped in agreement. Moments later, the familiar image of the team's senior adviser materialized on the screen. Handsome and tanned, with his flashing violet eyes and erudite appearance, Sybil seemed like his usual self, save for the fact that he appeared to be strapped in to a passenger seat inside of a cockpit. Every now and then, the Titans could make out some vague detail—like clouds or mountains—passing by at an incredible speed, but for the most part, the landscape behind the senior hero was a blurred mass of blue. The ocean, perhaps?

"Well look at what the cat dragged in," Cygnus murmured coolly, raising one eyebrow as he crossed his arms. "Nice of you to check in with us, Sybil."

"Hello Cygnus," Sybil replied, breaking out into a smile at the sight of the lunar sorcerer. "It's been a while, but you're still charming as ever, I see. How are you all doing? Well, I hope."

"Everything's fine on this end," Kiara answered promptly. "Things have been a bit slow around here, though... Lots of small-time bad guys, if you catch my drift. Nothing too challenging."

"I see," Sybil replied. "I spoke for a few minutes with Police Chief Rookwood yesterday. He had only positive things to say in his report about the Teen Titans and the contributions they've made to Aurora City. Once again, you've made me very proud. Please accept my heartfelt congratulations on a job well done."

The Titans nodded along easily, still waiting for the senior hero to reveal the true purpose of his call. Flattery and praise was all very nice, but Sybil wasn't exactly the type to dwell on idle chatter.

"Having said that," he continued, "I'm afraid that your next assignment will be a bit more difficult... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is what it is. There's also someone here with me that I want you to meet. I can't say too much about it now, but I'll give you more details when I arrive. I should be there in about ten minutes."

"You're coming here, to the tower?" Cygnus asked, exchanging a look of interest with the other Titans. What mission could be so important that Sybil couldn't discuss it over video transmission? And who was this mysterious person he was bringing along with him? "Alright, we'll see you then."

There was another computerized beep as the chat window closed.

"We may want to try and clean up before company arrives," Cygnus murmured, turning towards his teammates. He gestured at the rather chaotic mess that surrounded the group in the Central Complex, just out of sight of the display screen: haphazard stacks of books, dirty plates, empty boxes of pizza, discarded articles of clothing. Proof that for all their super powers, the Teen Titans were still just that—teenagers.

"Teen Titans, GO!"

A cacophony of sound, light, and explosions lit the upper floor of Titans Tower as the young heroes leaped into action.

iU8EggM.png

"Wow, I don't think I've ever seen the place this clean," Sybil remarked approvingly as he advanced into the Central Complex, passing mercifully over the slightly perspiring Titans. "I'm impressed."

The Titans nodded along, still trying to catch their breath, their eyes trained on the remarkable individual towering behind Sybil, who had yet to speak. He was tall and extremely muscular with short spiky dark brown hair, clad in a sleeveless mesh shirt that exposed his upper body, as well as an impressive collection of battle scars. He wore a hard expression and his orange eyes flashed continually across the room, as if searching for possible threats.

"About that mission you mentioned?" Cygnus asked shortly, giving the stranger a rather chilly and dismissive up-down look before glancing over at the senior adviser.

"Ah, yes," Sybil replied, turning back towards the group. "Thanks for reminding me. I'll get to that in a minute, but first thing's first..."

He raised one hand, gesturing grandiosely towards the tall young man at his side with a smile.

"Please allow to introduce you to the newest member of Teen Titans North. He's known as Asura, but you can call him Batsu."

[spoiler=OOC. Please read.]Alright, everyone! Thanks for your patience as we finished tying up the loose ends from the last mission. I am pleased to announce that we are back on track and ready to continue with our adventure! I'm also pleased to announce that from now on, Saiku will joining us a member of the team. For now, feel free to have your characters interact with Sybil and Saiku, within reason, or react to the passage of time and Ben's integration to the team (it's been about two or three weeks). Once the formalities are neatly squared away, I'll proceed with the introduction of the next mission, which—if I may say—is going to be quite a doozy. Teen Titans, GO!

Batsu was looking out of the window, watching the world zoom by as a blur of blue. The alien was irritated at the moment. This planet's nitrogen's levels were much higher than on his home world of Va'ho, which made him more alert and active, similar to how a human would react if the oxygen were suddenly increased. That made it harder for him to sleep... not that he could actually fall asleep even if the nitrogen levels were normal. 

It had hardly been half a year since it happened. His life had changed, and not for the better. He was now a wanted man, framed for a crime he did not commit. To suddenly see his friends, his family, his own little sister turn on him and try to kill him shook him. He still had nightmares about it, robbing him of precious sleep. 

However, he had to ignore that for now. He was on his way to meet his new 'team'. He had to get into the right frame of mind. He was not a refugee on a strange world seeking shelter among strangers, he was a solider transferring to a new unit, and he had to treat it as such. He could do this, right?

He then realized that his hand was crushing the armrest, so he released his monstrous grip. If the completely destroyed armrest was a hint... then the answer was no, he was completely and utterly screwed.

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

"Wow, I don't think I've ever seen the place this clean," Batsu heard Sybil remarked approvingly as they advanced into the Central Complex. So, these people were not normally clean? Oh boy, if this place got messy, it was going to drive him nuts. He'd make sure it didn't... even if he had to pound that lesson into them like it was pounded into him. "I'm impressed."

Batsu noticed the team of five (well, now six, including him) looking over him as he did the same to them. He was the tallest in the room, the closest one to his height was only about two... oh, what where they called? Inches, that's right, inches... shorter than him, which was not too bad. His eyes insinctively started to dart around the room, looking for any signs of a threat. He was always this jumpy, which only got worse as events in his life made him realize anyone could turn on you at any time.

"About that mission you mentioned?" The one that was only two inches shorter than him spoke up, and Batsu instantly noticed the white hair. Was it unusual for earthlings to have that hair color if they looked as young as the one in front of him? The Teen Titan gave the alien what most people would consider a rather chilly and dismissive look before glancing over at Sybil. It reminded Batsu of some of the generals back home, although they were lacking the fiery orange, instead being a cooling dark blue.

"Ah, yes," Sybil replied, turning back towards the group. "Thanks for reminding me. I'll get to that in a minute, but first thing's first..." He raised one hand, gesturing grandiosely towards the alien, a smile stretching across his face. "Please allow me to introduce you to the newest member of Teen Titans North. He's known as Asura, but you can call him Batsu." Ah yes, Asura... the name he chose for himself for a 'secret identity', for whatever reason.

"Hello...," He greeted in broken English. He was instructed to at least try to speak without the translator, just in case it broke. He understood the reasoning, but it still was infuriating him at the second. "It is...," He paused, trying to find the correct words. Nice? No, that sounded too informal... "Gratifying to... encounter all of you...," No, something about the way he said that just didn't... feel right, and he knew it. He gritted his teeth, his brown hair flashing to a fiery red color for a split second before he calmed himself down.

Now was not the time for a temper tantrum. That would make a horrible first impression to his unit. He reached for his neck, just shy of flipping the switch before he remembered, he was ordered to try to speak without it, at least for five minutes... and it had only been about two. He had to keep trying.

"May I... ask who the... commander... of this unit is?" He asked with his broken English. He had to find this out. It was always customary on his planet to greet the leader and swear your oath to them before greeting the others. Not doing so implied you were going to challenge them for that position, something he knew he wasn't here to do. 

Hopefully, he wasn't looking too stupid in front of them right now...

Kiara sat at the Titans' kitchen's table, absentmindedly chewing on a pen cap as her eyes studied the crossword in front of her. Over the last few weeks, she felt like she had been able to return to her normal self. For the most part, her hallucinations had stopped and she was getting a full 8 hours of sleep. Her training was coming along nicely, although her telepathic exercises were little compared to what the orb could provide...not that she wanted that thing back. Best of all, the team was getting along great and they were working more cohesively than ever. Which is what had her stuck in her current situation.

She had bet Ben $10 that she could finish the 'EXTREMELY HARD' crossword puzzle, in pen, without anyone's help, and she'd done all of it, except for number 3 down. Just four stupid letters, the first one an 'N'. "An English river*. An English river. An English river." She muttered the clue over and over again to herself, hoping inspiration would strike. The idea of asking Roxie if she knew crossed her mind, after all she was English, but that would be breaking the rules of the bet. 

"An English river? That's so freaking vague, how am I supposed to get that!" Kiara said throwing her pen down. "I give up, you win!" She said, now addressing Ben as she fished a crumpled $10 bill out of her pocket and tossed it in his direction. 

At that moment, Sybil's face popped up on the monitor. As they began talk, Kiara became thrilled at the prospect of a new mission, a real mission. 

iU8EggM.png

"He's known as Asura, but you can call him Batsu." The muscled wrapped giant in front of her interested Kiara to say the least. She had immediately gotten a read on him as he had come up the elevator, not probing his mind to be invasive but attune to his psychic frequency to sense his mood. Naturally she felt anxiety radiating from him, which wasn't a surprise considering how nervous she had been on her first day, however, she also sensed a great deal of sadness and turmoil. 

"It is...gratifying to...encounter all of you..." Batsu said in broken English, only further adding to Kiara's interest. Clearly their new teammate had a background that none of them shared.

"May I... ask who the... commander... of this unit is?"

Kiara was taken aback by the question. Up until now the Titans had been able to get through without really defining a so-called 'leader' of their group, but here there seemed to be no avoiding the question. She couldn't help but think on Alfonso's parting words to her, his comment on her leadership, and, yet, as she stepped forward to answer their newest teammate she faltered. Thinking back, could she honestly call herself their commander? She had, had her moments of leadership and bravery, sure, but so had everyone else. 

"I'm not so sure you'll find a commander here. We tend to work best as a team." She said, fairly proud of her answer. "Welcome to the family!" She said, extending her hand in greeting. Batsu would find that for a woman of significantly shorter stature she could give quite a firm handshake and an even tighter hug. 

[spoiler=Let's Play the Morning Crossword with Kiara]

*NENE(n.): An English river

In the past couple of weeks, Blake had made incredible progress with his latest suit.  He was sure that it's improvements would also help improve the team's effectiveness in combat, and out of it.  He had also come a long way with his teammates.  As the new team fought together, he started to get the hang of the new dynamics as well.  Sure they had lost a great asset, and friend, in Alfonso, but Ben had proven himself worthy of the Titan's crest.  It helped that Ben was intellectual in his own right.  Someone that could actually hold a meaningful conversation with the boy genius.  He had to be given props for that.  

As the day droned on, Blake surfed the web in the center complex, through his eye, while sitting on the center couch.  It was a good way to seem like he was "hanging out" with his team when actually he was looking at a multitude of things.  He had heard the incoming transmission from Sybil, but continued browsing his company's database when he realized Cygnus had answered it.  

The titans were being assigned another mission, and Sybil was on his way to the Tower to address the details.  

"We may want to try and clean up before company arrives," 

Blake looked behind the couch and noticed the mess.  He usually kept cooped up in his room, but he had noticed a large number of his shirts lying about.  "Now why would I take those off out here...."  The answer wasn't clear, but his part of the mess was apparent.  He awoke the spare mechanical spiders from Roxie's room via wireless connection, and commanded the bugs to take back every article of his clothing back to his room, folded neatly on his bed.  He'd put them away himself.  Explosions in the background prevented the shirts from being folded correctly, though Blake wouldn't find out later.  

"Wow, I don't think I've ever seen the place this clean.  I'm impressed."

"Doesn't take much to impress old folks these days huh?"  Blake jeered.  Yes, he still had a grudge against there good-looking mentor.  Blake wasn't the type to let go of a grudge so easily.

But now wasn't the time to be petty, although it was already too late.  Blake waited anxiously for the details of their mission, only to be greeted by another new member to the Titans.  A muscle to the max sort of person. Asura, a.k.a Batsu.  He surely looked like he deserved the name of a hindu deity.  However, Blake surely wouldn't get along with the brute.  "Are you kidding me???  I just started liking Ben and you wanna drop another newbie on me?  This geezer must have Alzheimer's and forgot that we just got a new teammate!"  Blake thought.  

"It is...gratifying to...encounter all of you..."  Blake sighed.  He was going to have to deal with it.  The new guy's choice of words was rather odd as well...was he foreign or what?  

"May I... ask who the... commander... of this unit is?"

Blake opened his mouth with a grin, ready to the answer the question with the utmost of modesty!  However, he was cut off by Kiara's statement.  "I'm not so sure you'll find a commander here. We tend to work best as a team.  Welcome to the family!"  Blake's mouth went from a giddy grin to a pout filled frown.  

"Yes welcome to our...family...Batsu.  It looks kinda whacky...but that's cause it is.  I'm sure you'll fit right on in.  My name's Blake Bradsborn, also known as Satellite."  Blake stuck his thumb out towards Kiara.  "That there's Kiara...shake her hand already you numskull!"  Blake drug his left eyelid down and stuck out his tongue.  "And don't even think we're friends yet!  You may be a hero of sorts, but it'll take some time for you to be molded into a Titan!  Took Benny boy here quite a while to get past my armor!"  

Truth be told, the next weeks that followed were actually cake-walk compared to the "Orb's Midnight Crescendo", or at least that's what Benjamin called it anyway. Regardless, he was accepted and in the weeks that followed, proved time and time again his keep on the team.

Even his impressions of the team changed! Blake, well, what more could he say? The kid was a genius...Benjamin was even bold as to call him a "Super Genius". Regardless, it seemed like he and Blake were able to have some meaningful conversations with him, which probably floored Blake. Cygnus, the swan prince himself. Originally he did think the guy to be somewhat of an uptight jerk, but after the orb incident and Alfonso leaving, he actually seemed a bit more mellowed out than usual. Not to mention he enjoyed listening into Cygnus' stories, the guy had 'em and they intrigued him, probably was an ex-writer or something, at least Benjamin thought anyway. Roxie, well...this was a bit of a tough one. Since his nightmare in the orb, he's seen her in a different light...that and of course the party. Benjamin did his best to help her out with things, even coming up with some interesting ideas, like spider-bombs! And then there was Kiara, the team telepath and to be honest she was actually fun to be around. Her upbeat attitude seemed to brighten those around her...except at the moment...

"An English river. An English river. An English river."

Benjamin had his feet kicked up on the table, leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head, watching and waiting for Kiara to admit it. She had bet to him that she could finish this crossword puzzle by herself without any help. "Ya know...I could help ya, Kiara."

Kiara apparently didn't respond, only repeating the clue to herself over and over and over again.

"An English river? That's so freaking vague, how am I supposed to get that! I give up, you win!"

Benjamin could only laugh a bit as he picked up the pen and took the crossword puzzle, quickly writing down the last three letters: E-N-E. He placed it down and smiled at Kiara, the word now reading N-E-N-E. "That would be the English river called Nene, located in the east of England." he said, as he watched Kiara pull out the crumpled $10. "Arigatou, Kiara. But still, ya did pretty good!"

"He's known as Asura, but you can call him Batsu."

He was a bit floored that he heard from Sybil now, been quite a bit of time since they spoke last. But now, he said he had a mission for them and a new recruit, this tall muscle wrapped man. Another teammate? Hmm...maybe instead of it just being five he wants six at all times...probably a smart move... he thought.

"Hello...It is...Gratifying to... encounter all of you...May I... ask who the... commander... of this unit is?"

Ah, broken English, always a good sign. However, at the same time Benjamin could see that something was very different from this fellow than the others. He was about to speak to the young man, but unfortunately, Blake took a stab at him.

"Took Benny boy here quite a while to get past my armor!"

"Hey! I did pretty good, I mean after all the sparing matches you put me through, I was able to memorize your suit's basic functions!" Benjamin rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Sure it took me a week, but cut me some slack, genius!" he laughed, before beginning to approach the man, quickly pulling out his notebook. He scribbled a few things down and chuckled at it. "Asura huh? A member of a class of divines in the Vedic period of India...interesting. And Batsu, Japanese in origin which means punishment or the general 'X'..."

He quickly put the book away and smiled. "It's a little thing I do, trust me. I did the exact same thing when I met these guys. Nevertheless, I'm Benjamin O'Hara...around here, my other name is Arachnid!"

"I'm not so sure you'll find a commander here. We tend to work best as a team," The tiniest female answered, avoiding the question entirely. Batsu mentally sighed. Well, he knew that wasn't the way it worked. When push comes to shove, the leader of this group would reveal themselves. Guess he had to be patient... something he was bad at. Something was nagging at him though... she reminded him of someone... he just couldn't place his massive thumb on it. "Welcome to the family!" She said, extending her hand to him. It suddenly clicked with him. She reminded him of her in both personality and size... he felt sadness fill his very being. Dammit, now was not the time to show weakness!

Why was she extending her hand...? Oh right... she wanted what was known as a 'handshake'... some sort of Earthling greeting. He hesitantly raised his hand, the image of all the crushed armrests, doorknobs and shattered walls came back to him. The implications of what could happen if he messed up... he didn't like the idea.

"Yes welcome to our...family...Batsu. It looks kinda wacky...but that's cause it is. I'm sure you'll fit right on in. My name's Blake Bradsborn, also known as Satellite," A scarred faced boy stated before sticking his thumb out towards the short girl. "That there's Kiara...shake her hand already you numskull!" Numbskull... that was an Earth insult... comparable to 'Jevk'xoutot'* in his language. He didn't know him, why would he insult him like that?! As if to add more insult on top of it, the boy drug his left eyelid down and stuck out his tongue. "And don't even think we're friends yet! You may be a hero of sorts, but it'll take some time for you to be molded into a Titan! Took Benny boy here quite a while to get past my armor!" Batsu clenched his fist, flames dancing at his knuckles. He was slowly but surely losing his short temper.

"Hey! I did pretty good, I mean after all the sparring matches you put me through, I was able to memorize your suit's basic functions!" A taller brown haired boy rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Sure it took me a week, but cut me some slack, genius!" he laughed, before beginning to approach the alien, quickly pulling out a notebook, scribbling in it. "Asura huh? A member of a class of divines in the Vedic period of India...interesting. And Batsu, Japanese in origin which means punishment or the general 'X'..." So even his translated name was a reminder of his life. Was it fate...? Was he destined for misfortune all his life...? The one scribbling quickly put the book away and smiled. "It's a little thing I do, trust me. I did the exact same thing when I met these guys. Nevertheless, I'm Benjamin O'Hara...around here, my other name is Arachnid!" Something about this boy put the giant alien at ease... normally, he would greet such a person with a slap on the back and a hearty laugh... but he was too angry at the second. He looked back to Kiara, who was still waiting that 'handshake'.

"I... would... rather not," he said as he placed his hand to his side. 'I... still cannot... regulate my... strength...," he explained as he searched for the right words. "I do not... hope for... causing harm by mistake...," Nope. That didn't sound right at all. Well, there was ONE good thing to come from all this. His five minutes were up. He almost smiled as he flipped the switch to the small circular device attached to his neck. "That is better," He said, the machine now translating as he spoke in his native tongue. "Now I do not have to stumble with my words like a cow that injected drugs," ... That didn't sound right either. Oh well, his point was made. He then turned to Blake, a sneer on his face. "And you misunderstand. I am not here to become your 'friend', nor am I here for the title of 'Teen Titan'. I am here because I was asked to help all of you protect your planet," From threats from within... or from beyond. "You do not even cross my mind when I think of friends," He finished, failing to mention that no one was considered his friend at the moment. Hmm... maybe that was a bit harsh. Ah well, as before, his point was made. That's all that mattered.

[spoiler=And now it's time to learn Sufsemian with Saiku!] *Jevk'xoutot translates to 'soft headed', which means to a Sufsem that not only can their head not withstand punishment, but they are stupid on top of it. Somewhat of a childish insult, but can rile up most of them.

"Please allow me to introduce you to the newest member of Teen Titans North," Sybil said, smiling as he gestured towards the tall youth at his side. "He's known as Asura, but you can call him Batsu."

Cygnus blinked in surprise, unsure if he had heard correctly. There had to be some kind of mistake. Another new teammate, when they had only just finished integrating Ben into the group? What was Sybil playing at?

"It is... gratifying to... encounter all of you," Batsu mumbled slowly, his tongue tripping awkwardly over the words, as if still not quite used to them. "May I... ask who the... commander... of this unit is?"

In spite of his disbelief, the lunar sorcerer felt a sudden pang of sympathy upon hearing the man's broken English. Their guest was clearly foreign and struggling to master the language in order to make a good impression, and as the only other member of the Teen Titans who hadn't grown up speaking English, he personally knew how difficult that could be. True, it had been quite some time since he'd had any problems speaking English—well over one hundred years, in fact, more than enough for him to be considered perfectly fluent by most counts—but even so, he hadn't forgotten the all-consuming mix of shame and frustration that accompanied not being able to properly express oneself.

"I'm not sure you'll find a commander here," Kiara replied. "We tend to work best as a team."

That was Kiara, modest as always, doing the utmost to maintain balance and harmony. Cygnus sighed, fighting the momentary urge to grab the girl by the shoulders and throttle her. It was good to see her restored to her normal self, but still... Would it kill her to be a little more self-confident once in a while?

"It's okay to admit that you're the leader, Kiara," the white-haired boy interjected, taking advantage of a sudden lull in the conversation to speak up. "Everyone knows it. We're all fine with it, I promise."

At that moment, he caught sight of Blake's expression, which had transformed from a wide grin into a mutinous frown in all of two seconds.

"Err," Cygnus amended quickly, coughing slightly, "at least, most of us are fine with it."

Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, he watched as Blake and Ben introduced themselves to the newest arrival. True to form, the former couldn't help but resort to one of his signature snarky remarks, with a childish face thrown in for good measure. Supergeniuses. Enough brainpower to unravel the world's greatest scientific mysteries, but not enough emotional intelligence to fill a teaspoon. Unsurprisingly, Batsu didn't seem to take too kindly to being insulted. Turning on the real-time translator device attached to his neck, he quickly launched into a sneering diatribe of his own.

"Take it easy, big guy," Cygnus murmured coolly, trying to diffuse the tension, raising his hands in the universal gesture for surrender—that at least was something he was confident the new arrival could understand. "No one's expecting you to bake cupcakes or make friendship bracelets. If what Sybil says is true and you're here to stay, you've going to have a lot to learn over the next few days. You can start by learning how to play nice. Trust me, it will save us all a lot of headaches."

"Thank you, Cygnus," Sybil said, smiling in approval at the lunar sorcerer's choice of words. "I couldn't have said it better myself."

iU8EggM.png

Throne Room

How long had it been since, he'd been excited? The man tilted his head to the side to allow for his crimson hair to fall away from his single eye whilst rested the side of his face against his knuckles. Ten years? no... actually it was closer to nineteen now wasn't? Though to most, the man would have looked like an avatar of melancholy, silently sitting atop a regal looking throne as his crimson gaze peered out into the vastness of his seemingly empty throne room; the figure that stood silently in the throne's shadow could sense Arthur's anticipation for the events that would soon transpire.

"If I didn't know you, I'd say you were brooding again, my lord..." The voice was an odd one. Somehow managing to merge the loftiness of a man who'd lived for far too long, with the cheeky condescending chirp of a child jokingly addressing his peer as they played some kind of elaborate game that had left the other lad the leader of some kind of fantastical cause. Though how far was this from the truth in reality? Smirking at the distant memory of when him and the man that sat atop the throne were mere children, a white haired gentlemen who appeared to be in his late twenties stepped out from the shadows. 

"My Lord." Arthur repeated in slowly as if it were the first time ever tasting it on his own palette. "How many times must I tell you to abandoned such unnecessary formalities?" Shifting his scarlet gaze to the man at his right, it only took a glimpse of his smirk for the same memories to come surging forth within Arthur's own psyche. Though they weren't greeted with a smile. Before the grail, the swords, the kingdoms, there was only them; three boys with a dream... Though he would never show it, even now he was sometimes baffled by how far they had come, even after it was just the two of them. "Anything of the sort coming from your mouth will only ever serve to irritate me, Merlin." 

"Oh? And here I thought you were in a good mood..." Merlin chirped as if he had been offended, his smile growing wider. "I'm sure she'll love her gift."

"It's time to begin."

"A shame Lancelot can't be here to see it... but at last the prologue is finally over... let us enjoy the first act, My Lord!" 

iU8EggM.png

"achoo!" Roxie suddenly sneezed, instinctively bringing Arondite to her face to cover her nose. Someone must've been talking about her again...

Returning her attention to the new arrival, the blonde finally stepped forward. "He's like three Blakes, two Bens, and a Frenchy packed together and crammed into a single bloke!" Roxie exclaimed, before darting over to Batsu and poking and prodding at his arms, chest, and rear-end. It was only now that she realized that before this slab of brawn walked in, Kiara and herself were the muscle of the house. "A regular Muscle Gorila!" Following the statement up with one of her trademark smiles, it suddenly began rather hard to discern wether or not Muscle Gorila was an insult or compliment. Though her tone of voice would probably cause most to lean towards the latter...

Hoisting Arondite over her shoulder, Roxie suddenly grabbed Butsu by his hand, causing her own manicured fingers to vanish in his grip. "Don't worry, love I'm harder to break than you'd think..." She assured the man before hardily stealing a handshake. "And you can address any future cupcakes or friendship bracelets to Roxie, or Havoc if we're working! I like yellow. "  

"Take it easy, big guy," Batsu heard Cygnus murmur, trying to diffuse the tension, his hands up in the position for surrender. "No one's expecting you to bake cupcakes or make friendship bracelets. If what Sybil says is true and you're here to stay, you've going to have a lot to learn over the next few days. You can start by learning how to play nice. Trust me, it will save us all a lot of headaches." Batsu simply grumbled to himself, folding his arms as he did. He did play nice. Blake's face wasn't smashed against the wall. That was very nice of Batsu, thank you very much. What was a cupcake anyways?

"Thank you, Cygnus," Sybil said approvingly. "I couldn't have said it better myself." Batsu shook his head. He knew he crossed a line, but he'd be damned if he apologized. He didn't start the exchange of insults, after all.

"He's like three Blakes, two Bens, and a Frenchy packed together and crammed into a single bloke!" Batsu heard the last member of the TT crew exclaim, before darting over to Batsu and poking and prodding at his arms, chest, and rear-end. Did she just touch his---? "A regular Muscle Gorilla!" she added. Was that an insult to? Batsu wasn't sure of the last time he felt so confused in his life. What was a gorilla? Why was she touching him like she was the medic of the team? Was she the medic of the team? Wait, no, her file mentioned nothing of her being it...

"Did you just touch my bu--," He didn't get to finish as she suddenly grabbed his hand for one of those 'handshakes', her hand disappearing in his oversized one.

"Don't worry, love I'm harder to break than you'd think..." She assured the alien before she began to pump her hand up and down. Why did they greet each other in such a way...? "And you can address any future cupcakes or friendship bracelets to Roxie, or Havoc if we're working! I like yellow." Yellow? Oh, it was a color. Apparently, that was her favorite one. Was he supposed to tell her his favorite color? Did he even have a favorite color? He never thought of those things before.

"I... um...," He tried to speak, but he was still flustered by Roxie's bold personality. "I do not know what my favorite color is... also... what is this... 'cupcake' everyone is speaking about?"

"It's okay to admit that you're the leader, Kiara. Everyone knows it. We're all fine with it, I promise." Part of Kiara wanted to flush with pride at Cygnus' comment, another part of her wanted to smack him upside the head. Didn't he understand that she was trying to avoid the tension that defining a leader would cause? That's when all Hell really broke loose, Batsu took Blake's bullheaded bait and made his own, semi-threatening comment aimed at the genius. Clearly the temperature was already rising. Fortunately, Cygnus quickly stepped in and diffused the situation, gaining praise from Sybil in doing so.

"That's exactly why I didn't want to take credit for being the leader," Kiara thought to herself, almost bitterly, "Practically everyone here is just as capable as I am at leading this team...why did they choose me as their leader?" Wrestling with that kind of self-doubt would have to wait, however. Right now was not the time to upstage Batsu's welcoming to the team by having some type of existential crisis about her position on the team. 

"I do not know what my favorite color is... also... what is this... 'cupcake' everyone is speaking about?" Batsu choked out, making Kiara laugh. She flashed Sybil a look, making sure that Batsu couldn't see, that easily translated to: 'Where do you find these people?', before returning her attention to her newest teammate.

"Well until you pick one, you can borrow mine. It's purple, by the way. And a cupcake is an Earth delicacy, maybe after our mission we can all go out and get some. Speaking of our mission..." She looked at Sybil yet again, waiting for him to clue them in. 

GM Post: "Spore"

"A cupcake is an Earth delicacy," Kiara explained patiently, directing her words towards Batsu, who still wore an expression of general bemusement. "Maybe after our mission we can all go out and get some. Speaking of our mission..."

The young heroine's voice trailed off as she turned towards the team's senior adviser with an expectant look. Sybil raised one hand and coughed primly, clearing his throat.

"Very well," he murmured at last, his tanned features shifting to an expression of the deepest seriousness. "Let's begin."

He turned and strode to the display screen, accessing the digital interface that linked to the tower's central computer system. His fingers flew across the keyboard in smooth practiced motions with blinding speed, pulling up different storage folders and network applications, sifting through them so quickly that it was almost impossible for any of the Titans to keep up. Almost, that is.

"Uh, Sybil?" Blake asked, breaking the silence after a moment. "Mind telling me why you've engaged the highest level security protocol and disabled internal audio and video recording functions? Is this some kind of old geezer prank?"

The rest of the Titans blinked. Is that what Sybil had been doing? Why?

"Computer," Sybil said, ignoring him for the moment, speaking in a loud, deliberately clear voice. "Administrator Codename: Oracle. Commence system override. Seal the room."

The computer beeped for a moment as it processed the request, the display screen flashing with an audiowave visual as it processed and confirmed the man's unique voice patterns. At the same time, a digitized beam of green light shot from the center of the interface towards his eyes, sweeping up and down with a gentle humming noise as it scanned his retina.

Moments later, a series of mechanized thuds and clinks echoed across the room: everywhere the Titans turned, doors slammed shut, hermetically sealed, while a thick film of metal slid over the windows, completely obscuring the panorama of Aurora City. Like a medieval castle rolling up its drawbridges, Titans Tower had completely closed itself off from the outside world. Cut off from daylight, the Central Complex was temporarily plunged into gloom—moments later, the room's overhead fluorescent lights flickered on one by one.

"There," Sybil breathed, smiling with satisfaction as he turned back to the six young heroes. "Now nothing can get in, and none of us can get out."

The Titans stared at him with a single collective expression of disbelief, as if he had lost his mind, some of them even edging uncertainly a few steps backwards, as if he might suddenly attack them.

"The information I am about to disclose is restricted under the Justice League's highest security clearance," Sybil continued, reciting at top-speed, as if he had swallowed a procedural textbook whole. "Everything that we discuss in this room demands the most extreme discretion and confidentiality. Failure to abide by this clause could result in severe disciplinary action, including—but not limited to—position termination."

"Sybil, wha—?" Cygnus began weakly, his usually cold dark blue eyes wide with confusion, only to have the senior adviser cut him off by raising one hand. There, nestled in the center of his open palm, was a tiny silver disc.

"You'll understand in a moment, I promise," Sybil replied, bending down to place the mysterious disc on the ground. "Initiate holographic display."

[spoiler=Mission Briefing]
A beam of golden light shot from the heart of the device, expanding as it climbed upwards. Utterly dumbfounded, the team gazed in shock as a full-sized silhouette blossomed before them, so overwhelmingly life-like that it almost seemed real. The figure was of medium height, clad from head to toe in thick obfuscating black camouflage gear, including a pair of thick goggles.

"Greetings, Teen Titans," it began, in a voice so heavily scrambled by tuning synthesizers that it was impossible to determine whether its owner was male or female.

"In the name of the South Korean government, I offer you the most humble and pleasant of salutations. Please listen closely to the contents of this message, as they will not be repeated. Approximately four years ago, our government's ruling council passed a top-secret ordinance, to be carried out by our country's security forces. Known as 'Project Contingency,' it was designed as a last resort alternative to using nuclear force in the event of renewed military tensions with certain potentially volatile neighboring countries. Under this ordinance, we gathered our country's most brilliant scientific minds, unifying them under a single group tasked with developing a lethal bioweapon, referred to as 'Spore' from here on out."

The black-clad figure wavered and then was replaced with a series of images, flashing by too quickly to register, depicting everything from twisted rotating strands of DNA to a digital rendering of a human body, its upper torso littered with colorful plantlike protrusions.

"By combining multiple strains of toxic fungi and heavily mutating the subject's eukaryotic genetic code, we were able to successfully produce an entirely new and virulent mycotic species, to be dispersed in microscopic form as a weaponized gas. Highly aggressive and perfectly adapted to infecting humans, Spore was designed to inflict massive casualties within a short amount of time, complemented by its remarkable ability to self-replicate."

The holographic projection changed once more, transforming to display an intricate three-dimensional replica of the human body, complete with gently pulsing organs and swiftly flowing currents of dark red blood. As the Titans looked on, a tiny seed glowing a poisonous shade of blue-green appeared at the center of the lungs. With a menacing hiss, a spiderweb of roots erupted from the seed, twisting in all directions with sinister grace, wrapping themselves tightly around several adjacent structures.

"Spore has been optimized for human infection. Once ingested, following a short incubation period, it begins to feed upon the moisture, heat, and internal nutrients of the victim's body, using them to drastically accelerate its life-cycle. The weapon deliberately attempts to trigger the defenses of the victim's immune system, particularly fever and heightened body temperature, which only serve to hasten its growth. As Spore grows and reproduces asexually, it puts out highly toxic roots that compromise critical organs and complicate necessary life functions, with an eventual projected fatality rate of 99.9%. Within an average of two hours, the target will succumb to simultaneous cardiac, pulmonary, and renal failure. Upon the host's death, Spore will reach maturity and enter the final stage of its life-cycle, piercing the subject's epidermis and external orifices at multiple points, forming mushroom-like projections that exude toxic gas, littered with tiny spores of the bioweapon in its initial form, capable of rapidly infecting other victims."

The image of the infected human body vanished, to be replaced with the black-clad figure once more, its dark goggles shining faintly as it took a deep breath.

"As previously mentioned, information regarding Project Contingency—and Spore—was subjected to the most stringent of government security measures, intended to ensure absolute confidentiality. Unfortunately, these measures failed. Approximately two weeks ago, South Korean intelligence forces detected a security leak in Project Contingency—one of the group members had attempted to sell Spore on the black market to the highest bidder. Although we were able to apprehend the traitor before they could flee the country, we were unable to prevent the illicit transaction from taking place. It is with the utmost regret that I must inform you that a small quantity of Spore is now in the hands of the international terrorist network known as Shira."

A heavy, oppressive silence hung over the room for a moment. Even the black-clad figure seemed to pause, as if giving the six young heroes time to digest and process this horrifying development. Then...

"Using the cybernetic currency given to the traitor as payment for services rendered, our intelligence forces were able to confirm the buyer as a splinter unit of Shira. Further analysis allowed us to triangulate their movements and isolate them to a single geographic location: the northern metropolis known as Aurora City. It would appear that Shira plans to use Spore to launch an unparalleled campaign of terror against the city."

The black-clad figure bowed deeply, clearly ashamed.

"Given the complexity of the situation, we are reluctant to involve any outside entities. Unfortunately, due to the strict immigration procedures of the United States, we are unable to dispatch South Korean agents to the site without arousing suspicion. If the American government or media were to become aware that South Korea had developed a bioweapon of massive destruction, and that said bioweapon had fallen into the wrong hands... Let's just say that at the very least, it could result in massive diplomatic repercussions across the international system. And at the very worst, the start of a regional war and the re-ignition of a global arms race."

Silence.

"Ultimately, the South Korean government decided to approach the High Council of the Justice League. After several long sessions of negotiation and deliberation, we have agreed that your team is the best-equipped to neutralize this threat. As a fighting force already located in Aurora City, your movements will attract far less attention and due to your small numbers, there is less chance of potential sleeper agents that would result in information leaks. The High Council, as well as your superior officer, have assured us that you are up to the challenge—we certainly hope this is the case. We regret being unable to provide substantial support and manpower, but given the severe constraints of the situation, it is quite impossible.

For the time being, however, we have dispatched a single high-ranking agent to Aurora City to aid with your mission. If you are listening to this message at the intended time, then it is currently Saturday, December 12, 2125. Our agent should arrive in two days' time at Aurora City's eastern docks at approximately 7:00 P.M., aboard the luxury passenger cruiser Saint Dominique. You are to rendezvous with our agent (you will confirm their identity using the key phrase, 'Lady of the Lilies') and escort them back to your secure base of operations, where they will provide additional information on the situation and begin devising an antidote in the event of possible contagion. Working together, you are to find and neutralize Shira, and if possible, secure all samples of Spore. If not, destroy them. This is a Class Triple A mission, which means that lethal force against hostiles is authorized at your discretion."

The black-clad figure sighed, its shoulders dropping with the insurmountable weight of all that had been said, and all that the situation implied.

"You know what is at stake, and you know what must be done. Good luck, Teen Titans, and may God have mercy on us all."

There was another flash of golden light, and when it had cleared, the mysterious figure had disappeared. With a muffled roar, the silver disc caught flame, burning before the Teen Titans' eyes, until it was reduced to a tiny pile of ash, as if it had never been.

"So," Sybil asked briskly, breaking the silence. "Any questions?"

[spoiler=OOC. Please read.]Alright guys, thanks for your patience. I'm happy to say that as of now, the ball is officially rolling for our next mission—and what a mission it's going to be! I hope you are all as excited as I am, especially at the opportunity to tackle something so different than what we have seen up until now. For now, feel free to have your character react to the situation at hand. Once everyone's had a chance to post, I'll proceed with the next phase. Teen Titans, GO!

It took Kiara several seconds to realize she wasn't breathing after the holographic display had ended. She exhaled slowly, trying to gather her thoughts. The young telepath wasn't sure what to make of everything that had just been dumped on the team. Bioweapons. International crisis. Terrorist attacks. Lethal force. It was a lot for her to take in all at once. Something in the back of her mind told her that this mission wasn't that different than any other though, and that thought calmed her down.

Essentially they were saving the city. Did it already, day one actually. Taking on a mysterious villainous operation messing with some weaponized substance. Old news, except last time the team was in a nightclub; she doubted they would be so lucky this time. No doubt there would be numerous, unpredictable variables on the mission. Child's play compared to temperamental piece of arcane-tech. Kiara wanted to laugh at how simple it all seemed when broken down into its most fundamental elements. Figuring that a laugh was much too unprofessional in the moment, she just smiled.

"The only thing bothering me is this "high-ranking agent" they are sending over." Kiara voiced her concerns. "I mean, who is this 'Lady of the Lillies'? Why do we need her to complete the mission? This all started because they couldn't guarantee the security of their team. What makes us think that they can do so now?" Kiara let the question hang in the air. She had realized that having someone that was familiar with the bioweapon might be useful, but only if this Shira group actually moved to use it. Otherwise, at best this agent was dead weight and at worst she was another security leak. The objectivity of her assessment scared Kiara, a little, something so cold and calculative was usually beyond her, but it didn't make it any less true. 

As the Titan Tower locked itself down, Batsu suddenly tensed up, getting in a stance and making sure everyone was in his sights. Was this their plan the whole time? To lure him into a false sense of security and then gang up on him in a place where no one else could see? How could he had been so stupid?!

Except... No one seemed to notice him, instead, staring at a hologram that flashed to life in front of them. The alien solider quickly regained his composure and began to listen in to the mission. What he heard sickened him.

"It seems no matter where one goes in the universe, every species is the same...," he thought to himself. "Friends, families, and even entire countries and planets backstab the other....," The very thought ignited his fiery rage. Soon, the mission was delivered, and their leader spoke up.

"The only thing bothering me is this "high-ranking agent" they are sending over." Kiara voiced her concerns. "I mean, who is this 'Lady of the Lillies'? Why do we need her to complete the mission? This all started because they couldn't guarantee the security of their team. What makes us think that they can do so now?" Batsu looked over to her, arms folded.

"It' is almost no different than allowing me to accompany you on this mission," he pointed out. He was, after all, literally in the Titans for less than ten minutes before they decided to throw him into this highly sensitive mission. "Anyways, I share the similar thoughts with the leader and do not trust this 'Lily Lady'. I will not argue, but I will let it be said. For the recording," Wait, was the expression 'for the record' or 'for the recording'? Deities above, this language was harder than a Burike's* hide. "Your orders are...?" Oh... He still had to do his oath... Well, that could wait, a mission has started, and they knew he wouldn't try to overthrow Kiara.

He hoped.

[spoiler=And now it's time for Sufsem with Saiku!]*A Burike is a type of bug that lives on the planet of Va'ho, similar to that of a rhino beetle. Due to increased oxygen on Va'ho, they are much bigger, most being about the size of a small car. Their hides are extremely hard to crack and are fireproof. They can run at about 25 mph (40 kph) and can ram through most objects. They are super dangerous to Batsu's people, although a few super badasses have actually tamed them and ride them into battle. Batsu is not one of them.

As the hologram disappeared, one could see Blake pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"Spore huh...doesn't sound like a fun-guy."  In all seriousness, Blake was peeved.  

"Those idiots...." He said with a hint of anger seeping between his teeth, "Creating a weapon that they couldn't possibly control from the get-go..."  Blake knew all too well how desperate people were to get their hands on his own inventions, for devious intent.  However, the South Korean's innovative new take on bio-warfare concerned him.  The topic of bio-weapons was certainly a touchy subject, and Blake was no expert on the subject.  There was one thing he knew to be true...that spore sounded like a cruel way to dispatch of one's enemies.  Too him, death by instantaneous combustion due to atomic explosions seemed way more humanitarian than hours of agonizingly being eaten alive by a fungus. 

"The only thing bothering me is this "high-ranking agent" they are sending over.  I mean, who is this 'Lady of the Lillies'? Why do we need her to complete the mission? This all started because they couldn't guarantee the security of their team. What makes us think that they can do so now?"  Kiara's questioned.  As she got done voicing her opinions, Blake looked to her with a strange look about his face.  

"So that's the only thing bothering you Kiara?  Not the fact that South Korea has engineered a weapon that could destroy all life as we know it?"  Wasn't that supposed to be North Korea's job?  Blake sighed again.  "But you're right...given her namesake...I can guess that the 'Lady of the Lillies' has some ties to the spores themselves.  However, this is just a hunch of mine."  He might've been a genius, but his detective skills were sub-par at best.

"Anyways, I share the similar thoughts with the leader and do not trust this 'Lily Lady'. I will not argue, but I will let it be said. For the recording," Batsu interjected.  Blake's teeth grinded against each other...why did everyone think Kiara was the leader?!  To his dismay, Kiara agreed that their was no leader, but it was better than him not being it.  "Your orders are...?" 

"We don't do orders around here, Batsu.  I think it's more along the lines of friendly suggestions."  It'd probably be different if he was running the team.  The idea of ordering the Titans around, while he was at the helm of it, gave him shivers. "Anyways...we have some time before we meet this...necessary asset to our mission.  I say we all get prepared for the worst in the meantime."   

First on Blake's list, making sure his ventilation systems were fully optimized.  

As if to make up for the heavy silence that had held sway for so long, the scene erupted into a sudden tumult of movement and sound as the Titans began to speak loudly one by one, expressing their shock and indignation.

"Who is this 'Lady of the Lilies?' Why do we need her to complete the mission?" Kiara demanded.

"Those idiots," Blake growled, gritting his teeth. "Creating a weapon that they couldn't possibly control from the get-go..."

"I share your frustration, Blake," Sybil said, and for the first time since the team had met him, they saw that his usually pleasant features were twisted into a mask of utter disgust and anger. "The construction and use of bioweapons is strictly forbidden by over a dozen conventions of the international system. They go against everything the modern civilized world stands for, as well as the peace we have fought so dearly to protect. The last time they were used was—"

"2076," Cygnus murmured softly, more to himself than anyone else, his dark blue eyes wide as he gazed into space, utterly lost in thought. Remembering. "The Zavaratsky Incident."

"Exactly," Sybil added, nodding towards the lunar sorcerer. "It was before I was born, but we studied it in history class. A secret weapons facility in Siberia was conducting illegal experiments on rats, mutating them to become symptomless carriers of a genetically-altered bubonic plague. They were to be unleashed upon enemy cities refusing to comply with the demands of the Russian government, but..."

"The rats escaped," Cygnus said, a strange tremor in his voice. "They overran the facility, killing all of its scientists and biohazard personnel. They began to reproduce rapidly, spreading across the countryside to the nearby village of Zavaratsky."

"The population of the village was virtually annihilated," Sybil continued, picking off where the boy had left off. "Over 16,000 casualties. In the end, the Russian government was forced to fire-bomb approximately 20 square miles of the region. If I'm not mistaken, it's still a barren wasteland to this day."

"Bioweapons don't take kindly to those that try to control them," Cygnus snarled, his voice suddenly harsh. "You'd think that after all this time, the South Korean government would have learned from previous mistakes. They're playing with fire, and if we're not careful, the entire world could end up in flames."

Bioweapons, he thought to himself, his mind racing, a bitter taste blossoming across his tongue as he remembered the images that had come out of the village of Zavaratsky. Corpses lining the snowy streets, like so many broken dolls, with hordes of rats swarming over them. One of the last true terrors within the international system.

Nuclear weaponry had long since ceased to be a threat. The majority of wealthy countries now possessed sophisticated defense systems capable of neutralizing ballistic missiles before they struck, causing them to explode harmlessly in the upper atmosphere. And for those poor countries who fought among themselves, unable to afford such expensive systems, there was always the guarantee of mutual assured destruction. It wasn't an ideal situation by any means, but it was the reality—and it had led to a long-lasting global peace for almost 50 years.

Bioweapons, however, were the exception to that rule. Unlike nuclear weapons, they were undetectable by satellite and couldn't be neutralized with the push of a button. Users could employ them while enjoying a high degree  of anonymity, sitting back and watching comfortably as they carried out their deadly work. The difficulty of controlling them only made them all the more lethal. And now, it would appear that one of them had fallen into the hands of a radical terrorist network planning to hold Aurora City hostage, regardless of the repercussions that would resonate across the globe. It was the very definition of a nightmare.

"I'm afraid I don't know any more than you do about this so-called 'Lady of the Lilies,'" Sybil was saying, his voice cutting across Cygnus' dark reverie, forcing him to blink and pay attention to the conversation at hand.

"I am sure that the South Korean government has their own reasons for dispatching an agent to cooperate with you on this mission. I hope you noted, as I did, that the transmission spoke only of recovering or destroying the stolen samples of Spore. At no point was any mention made of destroying the remaining samples under South Korean control. I would advise you, therefore, to be on your guard. There's no doubt in my mind that the agent possesses vital knowledge regarding Spore that will be of great use to you, particularly in the case of devising an antidote. The fact that the South Korean government chose to dispatch a single agent with this information, rather than sharing it with the Justice League, is proof of how cautiously they are treading. They want to stay informed and at the heart of the situation, so that they can better control it to their favor. I will say this again—the agent will no doubt be instrumental in completing this mission, but that doesn't mean that your interests will be perfectly aligned."

BGM

This...this wasn't like the missions before, Benjamin knew that the instant the tower went into a lock state. But his hunch was put into action the moment the hologram message began to speak. But even to him, this seemed like a high mission order. To stop a threat of that of a bio-weapon such as this, was very steep...then again, this wasn't a triple A mission for nothing, he supposed.

"Those idiots. Creating a weapon that they couldn't possibly control from the get-go..."

Benjamin had to agree with Blake, hearing him growl through gritted teeth. In the ethics of science, one would think that creating something that they couldn't control would've been priority number one.

"You'd think these scientists would've made control of it top priority..." he spoke, in response to Blake. "Nevertheless, I believe the reasons for them to leave their ethical mind from this project might've been their employer wanting it ready almost instantly."

However, listening to his allies speak about this 'Lady of the Lilies', he had to wonder about this as well. Though even deep in thought, he cataloged the phrase in his mind, liking it as he planned to use it in his writings someday. But he too came to the same conclusion as the others: this person had something to do with Spore, given the phrase. What that was...well, Benjamin couldn't figure that out. He cursed to himself, not taking up Jaden's offer in learning the art of deduction from him...would've been handy now.

"I am sure that the South Korean government has their own reasons for dispatching an agent to cooperate with you on this mission. I hope you noted, as I did, that the transmission spoke only of recovering or destroying the stolen samples of Spore. At no point was any mention made of destroying the remaining samples under South Korean control. I would advise you, therefore, to be on your guard. There's no doubt in my mind that the agent possesses vital knowledge regarding Spore that will be of great use to you, particularly in the case of devising an antidote. The fact that the South Korean government chose to dispatch a single agent with this information, rather than sharing it with the Justice League, is proof of how cautiously they are treading. They want to stay informed and at the heart of the situation, so that they can better control it to their favor. I will say this again—the agent will no doubt be instrumental in completing this mission, but that doesn't mean that your interests will be perfectly aligned."

The mission was set before them. In short, they were to act as discrete as possible to eliminate this Spore threat with aid of this mysterious informant. Everyone else stayed quiet after Sybil spoke this, but Benjamin only smirked and broke the ice.

"Do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily." he said, standing up, his hands in his pockets. "Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew, Act 1, Scene 2. In short, against all odds, to secure a noble and unselfish end..." he sighed slightly, before looking at Sybil with a smirk. "With our team, I don't have any doubt that we won't fail."

Bioweapon? They kept throwing that word around, but Roxie found herself struggling to come up with a definition of it for herself. She had watched Kiara violate what would be considered to be any creature's one true sanctuary in a only few seconds, and rip a car door off it's hinges in the same day. Furthermore, knowing all to well the horrors magic could create, the blonde was painfully aware of how dangerous Cygnus could be, and that Ben and his spiders could start oozing black gooe and speaking in "we"s any day now... Then there was Blake, who's big fat brain made him arguably the most dangerous in the group, and the fact that she still didn't even know what The Muscle Gor- Batsu could do. Weren't they all Bioweapons, being sent out to combat another nastier Bioweapon?  

Oddly enough, the prospective of being a weapon didn't seem to bother the blonde even a little; The Knight's had turned her into a living instrument far before she had stepped foot in the tower. The only difference now was that she was being used the right way. For a something she actually believed in...

"Do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily." Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew, Act 1, Scene 2. In short, against all odds, to secure a noble and unselfish end... With our team, I don't have any doubt that we won't fail."

"Benjie's right." Roxie finally spoke after rising to her feet and stretch. Grabbing Arondite, the former Knight made her way towards her room before stopping and turning over her shoulder to meet Sybil's gaze. "Let's go be good little Titans, and neutralize the threat whilst our employers sit back and enjoy the anonymity of their comfy-chair~" She called out before giving the man a wink, and one of her smiles then moved towards the edge of the room that would open up to the girl's side of the tower when the security gate was lifted.

GM Post:

"Are you kidding me?" Cygnus demanded, slamming a fist against the table, his voice betraying the depths of his outrage. "You're saying that even if we do manage to pull off this hare-brained mission successfully, there's no guarantee that the South Korean government will destroy the remaining samples of Spore in their control?!"

"I'm afraid so," Sybil replied with a deep sigh, rubbing his temples, looking suddenly exhausted. "You can rest assured that the High Council of the Justice League is following the situation very closely and doing everything that they can to come up with a solution. If there's a way to convince the South Koreans to do away with their bioweapon, we'll find it."

"Trying to have their cake and eat it too," Cygnus growled, falling back against the sofa with crossed arms and a mutinous expression. "Ridiculous!"

"Before I leave," Sybil continued, turning back towards the rest of the team, "I wanted to discuss a few things with you. The first is Batsu. As you may have gathered, he's not exactly from around here—and by here, I mean earth. Your customs may seem strange to one another at first, but that is all the more reason to treat each other with respect. I know that introducing a new member to the team on the eve of such a complicated mission may seem counterproductive, but believe me, I have every confidence that he will prove to be an excellent addition to the Teen Titans. Call it intuition, if you will."

Perhaps it was some trick due to the surrounding gloom or the fluorescent lights from overhead, but Sybil's eyes seemed to flash a brighter shade of violet than usual as he spoke. He sounded so completely certain, almost prophetic, even.

"The second thing I wanted to discuss is Shira," he added. "You didn't think that we would send you off without at least giving you some background information on the enemy first, did you?"

The reactions across the room were a mixture of incredulous looks, deep sighs, and rolled eyes; still perched on the sofa, Cygnus coughed loudly, muttering something that sounded suspiciously like "Bubbly!"

"As far as terrorist networks go," Sybil said, choosing to ignore the teens' reactions, "it would appear that Shira is relatively young. I mean that in the most literal sense possible. Our sources place their arrival on the international stage at just under ten years ago, and also seem to indicate that the group's membership is overwhelmingly composed of young men under 35. Though they're still relatively small and face stiff competition from other terrorist networks when it comes to recruitment, Shira prides itself on the quality of its members and the diversity of their talents, which include highly specialized training in biochemistry, electrical engineering, physics, and computer programming. Naturally, they turn these skills towards illicit activities like theft, kidnap, murder, and extortion."

There was a moment of silence as the team digested this latest piece of unpleasant information. Young, smart, and so morally defunct that they were willing to watch the world burn out of pure greed. Not exactly good news.

"Having said that, Justice League analysts have discovered a possible weakness in the organization," Sybil said, smiling as the six young heroes perked up. "Our composite intelligence reports seem to suggest that Shira likes to act with flair, to take credit for their actions and maximize media coverage whenever possible. In many of their previous acts, they have even engaged in games of cat-and-mouse with law enforcement forces, wasting valuable time in order to humiliate their opponents. In short, they have a fondness for the theatrical, fed by an superiority complex. That is their weakness."

"It's not much to go off of," Cygnus replied after a moment, looking thoughtful. "But at least it's a start. If what you say is true, there a few inferences we can make about how they'll act. For starters, there's the fact that they only have a small quantity of Spore—they'll probably want to save it until they can use it in a way that will draw as much attention as possible."

"Exactly," Sybil nodded, pleased with the lunar sorcerer's deduction. "It's not a precise art by any means, but with this kind of information, we can make educated guesses. So tell me, if you were Shira, what part of Aurora City would you target?"

"City monuments," Kiara replied promptly. "In order to inflict psychological damage to the city's people, to break their sense of unity and their pride."

"Crowded spaces filled with easy victims," Blake added, furrowing his brow. "Malls, subway stations, schools. Anything in order to create a climate of fear."

"High-ranking politicians," Ben suggested. "A symbolic dismantling of the chain of command, resulting in utter chaos at the lower levels. It's been a common tactic of warfare throughout the centuries."

"Now you're thinking like superheroes!" Sybil laughed, his smile widening at the sight of the Titans putting their brains to good use. "I knew we could count on you."

"You're not staying then, I take it?" Cygnus asked coolly, locking eyes with the team's senior adviser. "We could really use your help on this one."

"No, unfortunately," Sybil replied. "I'd love to stay and coordinate the search, but it's impossible. Like the transmission said, one of the major reasons you've been assigned this mission is that you can move across the city and investigate without attracting attention. You're the city's protectors, after all. But I have other responsibilities, and it's only a matter of time before someone notices that I'm missing from headquarters and starts to get curious. I've probably stayed too long as it is. Remember, this mission is completely off the books, no one knows about it except you, me, the High Council, and the South Korean government. Let's keep it that way, shall we?"

The senior adviser strode to the display screen, his fingers once again moving in a blur as he began deactivating the security protocols. The Titans breathed a collective sigh of relief as the doors unlocked and the metal blast shields rolled away, revealing the dazzling panorama of Aurora City once more.

"For the time being, I've left the internal audio and video recording functions deactivated," Sybil said, turning back towards the team. "That means that Titans Tower is the only place where you are allowed to discuss confidential information related to the mission. Once I leave here, I'll no longer be able to guarantee that I can discuss the mission with you in total privacy. There is a risk that our communications may be monitored by other members of the League. Is that clear?"

The Teen Titans nodded their assent as they got to their feet, one by one, and stretched. Somehow, with the afternoon light pouring through the windows in showers of bright gold, the future didn't seem nearly as bleak as before. At least now they had a framework, a given point to start from. The next few minutes were a tumult of movement and sound as they bid their farewells.

"Don't forget your rendezvous at the designated time and place," Sybil called out, waving one last time as the elevators doors began to close. "Try and squeeze in a team practice before then, won't you?"

[spoiler=OOC. Please Read.]
Alright, everyone! Thanks for your patience and prompt posting, I'm really pleased with how quickly we got through all that information. Hopefully we can keep up this pace in the future ♡ As of now, our fourth mission, "Spore," is officially in effect! Take this opportunity to have your character react to the developments, interact with other characters, or even take up Sybil on his advice and head to the Training Area for a team practice! I specifically created this opportunity so that everyone can show off their character's new abilities/skills that we agreed on, as well as familiarize the team with what Batsu is capable of doing and start the integration process. Once everything is neatly squared away (and again, there's no rush), I'll proceed with the next phase of the mission. Teen Titans, GO~!

P.S. I finally got around to giving Sybil his own speech color ("plum"), just because I got so tired of looking at uniform black text. Lol.

"As far as terrorist networks go, it would appear that Shira is relatively young. I mean that in the most literal sense possible. Our sources place their arrival on the international stage at just under ten years ago, and also seem to indicate that the group's membership is overwhelmingly composed of young men under 35. Though they're still relatively small and face stiff competition from other terrorist networks when it comes to recruitment, Shira prides itself on the quality of its members and the diversity of their talents, which include highly specialized training in biochemistry, electrical engineering, physics, and computer programming. Naturally, they turn these skills towards illicit activities like theft, kidnap, murder, and extortion."

A basic ten year old terrorist cell, all applicants under 35. Honestly it sounded like they would be easy pickings for a team of meta-humans. Then again, Benjamin learned multiple times before not to underestimate the situation.

"It's not a precise art by any means, but with this kind of information, we can make educated guesses. So tell me, if you were Shira, what part of Aurora City would you target?"

Now this was a no brainer. His father was an archaeologist and his mother a writer, between the both of them Benjamin took plenty of history classes and read many stories of wars and what not. Ahh...The Art of War by Sun Tzu... He quickly shook his head for a moment, to focus. He began to speak, pointing out his reasoning if he was this group.

"High-ranking politicians. A symbolic dismantling of the chain of command, resulting in utter chaos at the lower levels. It's been a common tactic of warfare throughout the centuries." he suggested, noticing a small smile and even look of surprise on Sybil's face when he said this. Whether it was just from what he said or the collective collaboration of the team's answer, that was left to be determined.

Regardless, he stood up when the briefing was completed, stretching out a bit before hearing Sybil's next words:

"Don't forget your rendezvous at the designated time and place. Try and squeeze in a team practice before then, won't you?"

Practice...that didn't seem like a bad idea. There was something he had been trying to work on perfecting for a while now and what better time than now? Benjamin's eyes gazed through the team for a moment, trying to figure out his potential opponent. Blake? Nah, his training did help, but I'm fairly certain his fighting style....and armor wouldn't let me do it. Kiara? Ehhh...maybe. Then again, she does have those psychic abilities...could push me away like she has the Force or something... he chuckled a bit, before, putting his hand to his chin. Cygnus? The swan does have some good style in his movements...possibly. Batsu? Don't know a damn thing about him...it would be suicide to even think it! Scratch him off... Benjamin sighed, before he nodded. That only leaves...

"Roxie!" he said, approaching the young girl. "Was hoping you could give me a bit of a practice match!" Benjamin smiled as he walked past her, heading to the training area.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Benjamin walked out of the bathroom in the training area, donned in his Arachnid outfit as he tightened his fingerless gloves and lifted the mask over his mouth and nose. "Alright! Now we just wait for the knight to arrive!"

"Don't forget your rendezvous at the designated time and place. Try and squeeze in a team practice before then, won't you?"

And like he always did, Sybil left the Tower rather quickly.  Now they were left with their thoughts on the whole thing, and an alien teammate with a hot head.  With the team's mission briefing complete, Blake slumped into the couch.  

"This whole thing has put a sour taste in my mouth."  Ironically, Blake loved sour flavors.  "Damn South Korean Government...why can't science ever be thought of as more than just a weapon!?"  The whole situation rang true in his head...his tech was going to be used for malicious intent as well...but he insisted it be used as a completely clean energy source.  Nothing good could ever come out of the idea as using an invention for warfare.  

"I'm going to head to my room.  Blow off some steam and run some calibrations on my armor.  I'll head to the training grounds in a bit."  With that, Blake paraded towards his room.  He sat in his computer chair, and opened up the files on his screen.  A window popped on his screen, showing a diagram of his suit, with lines pointing to very specific parts of it.  As each part of his suit was highlighted, the program spoke.

"Satellite Systems Check....

Battery at 100%

Thrusters........Online

Joint enhancers........Online

Force field generators.....Disabled...power rerouted to point J-9

Communications......Online

Ventilation and Temperature Control....Online

Environment stabilizers....Online 

Repulsor generators....Online...request to detach arm pieces...accepted.  Remote Generators activated."

Blake walked into the training room wearing nothing but a pair of his suit's arms, a sleeveless undershirt, and basketball shorts.  When he saw Ben in his costume, he couldn't help but snort a little.  The only one who ever really wore a suit was him up until this point.  He started his stretches as he waited for the rest of his team to show up.  He turned to Ben, who wasn't going to be his sparring partner this time around.

"Hey, Benjamin...be careful on this mission alright?  There's a real risk of losing someone this time around."  Until this point, Blake hadn't really thought about losing a teammate during a mission.  However, with threat of a bio-contamination being easily spread...the threat seemed way more possible.  "Oh...and kick Roxie's butt for me will you?  she keeps leaving her socks in front of my door...."

"Roxie! Was hoping you could give me a bit of a practice match!"

Ben actuality wanted to fight her??? Taken aback by the boy's sudden request, Roxie flashed a grin and nodded as she watched him make his way towards the training area. "Batsy, you're definitely going to have to get in on this!" She called over to the newest Titan before motioning towards the direction Ben was heading. "You're new, so I won't take no for an answer, love..." Her voice trailed off as she vanished into her room.

Not wanting to get Ben's or Batsu's blood on her favorite pajamas, Roxie quickly slid them off before diving head first into her closet. Moments later she reappeared in her standard training garb, which consisted of a pair of yellow running shorts (to which she deemed her "combat trousers"), and a black sports bra. "Ok, Bengie let's see if you got what it takes to handle a real lady..." She purred seductively to her reflection in the mirror, before cackling madly and taking two wild swings with Arondite. "I wonder what Batsy can do... I think I saw sparks coming off of him early, so fire maybe?" Without warning, the blonde found herself lost in a daydream where she sat atop Batsu's muscular shoulders as she roasted a marshmallow above a flame that seemed to be coming directly from the top of his head. "This is going to be fun!" She giggled, before exiting her room and making her way towards the training area. Maybe she'd even able to try out her new trick today... 

iU8EggM.png

"Oh...and kick Roxie's butt for me will you?  she keeps leaving her socks in front of my door...."

"Nuh Uh!" As if on cue, the doors to the training room slid open to reveal a grinning Roxie as she shouted to defend herself against Blake's scandalous accusation. "I leave 'em in Frenchy's room, because I like the way my piggies feel on his floor!" As she walked towards the two boys she motioned downwards to her surprisingly delicate looking toes, as she walked barefoot across the training room's cold metallic floor. "So stop stealing my socks, Blake-poo!" Unfortunately it hadn't crossed her mind that Cygnus was probably responsible for the mutual misunderstanding, and Blake probably had very little interest in her used socks, but then again what did she know about science anyway? 

Halting her advance roughly six yards away from the pair, Roxie began stretching before standing upright and skillfully twirling Arondite. When Batsu finally joined them, she would greet him with one of her infectious smiles before instructing him to also place himself about six yards away from her and Ben. "Ok, boys Benjie arranged for this party, so it's only fair that he kicks it off..." She set her cyan gaze on Ben whilst resisting the urge to comment on the fact that she owned the same exact pair of shoes he wore in his little costume, instead offering him cheeky smirk. "Whenever you're ready, Tiger."    

Sybil had asked them to think like their enemy. Where would they use their Spore? The team had decent answers, he had to admit.

"City monuments," Kiara replied promptly. "In order to inflict psychological damage to the city's people, to break their sense of unity and their pride."

"Crowded spaces filled with easy victims," Blake added, furrowing his brow. "Malls, subway stations, schools. Anything in order to create a climate of fear."

"High-ranking politicians," Ben suggested. "A symbolic dismantling of the chain of command, resulting in utter chaos at the lower levels. It's been a common tactic of warfare throughout the centuries." Oh, so someone studied war. Seems he wouldn't be alone. However, there was one more place they could do it. 

"Here,"   Batsu muttered to himself, sure that no one heard him. After all, who ever listened to the new guy?   "To take out the city's defenders and lower the moral of the people," There was only six of them, so it wouldn't take too much of this... 'Spore' to infect them, and could save even part of their tiny sample. That did leave the question of how would they get in inside the tower... His eyes darted around. Most of these people didn't seem to bear ill-will to each other though. His eyes darted to Blake. Well, he was the exception to this little observation. Maybe he...?

"That means that Titans Tower is the only place where you are allowed to discuss confidential information related to the mission. Once I leave here, I'll no longer be able to guarantee that I can discuss the mission with you in total privacy. There is a risk that our communications may be monitored by other members of the League. Is that clear?" Sybil asked. Heh, even this team did things behind someone else's back. Typical. Orders were orders though, no matter how much he hated it. "Don't forget your rendezvous at the designated time and place. Try and squeeze in a team practice before then, won't you?" Well, he needed a way to relieve some stress. Training was always a safe way for him to do so. 

"I'm going to head to my room.  Blow off some steam and run some calibrations on my armor.  I'll head to the training grounds in a bit."  With that, the tiny, childish, and annoying one known as Blake walked off to his room. Okay, maybe that was going too far. Batsu watched him leave, narrowing his eyes. The fact he just walked away seemed slightly suspicious...

"Roxie!"  Ben called, approaching their teammate. "Was hoping you could give me a bit of a practice match!" The one male Batsu was okay with smiled as he headed to what could be inferred as the training area. A match? As in a fight?! He wanted in!!!

"Is this a private fight or can anyone join...?" Batsu's voice trailed off as Ben walked out of hearing range. Darn it, guess it was time for his hourly regime of 100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10 kilometers jog. 

"Batsy, you're definitely going to have to get in on this!" He heard Roxie call out before motioning towards the direction Ben was heading. "You're new, so I won't take no for an answer, love..." Her voice trailed off as she headed for someone that was not the training grounds. Okay, never mind, he'd just double his regime the next hour, he was in the fight! He followed the directions, walking in just in time to see Ben put on a funny mask. Odd, but hey, it would catch any blood, right? He vaguely saw Blake walk in, and tuned him out as he focused on the sparring match. 

Roxie had walked in before him, dressed only in a shirt and something covering her chest. She twirled a weapon before smiling, instructing him to stand about six 'yards' away. "Ok boys, Benjie arranged for this party, so it's only fair that he kicks it off..." She set her cyan gaze on Ben whilst offering him a smirk. "Whenever you're ready, Tiger." Batsu simply smirked as well, spreading out his legs and throwing his arms to his side, flames igniting around his hands and his hair very quickly changing to a fiery red like he was an anime protagonist. 

"Let's go," He said simply, his smirk only growing wider.  

Archived