Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods (IC/Limited Acceptance/S/PG-16)

Ren✧

Three days. Or had it been four? Kiara wasn't really sure. However long it had been, she'd spent the majority of her time back from Club OXYGEN in the pitch black room, the artificially intelligent orb her only company. Any interaction she did have with her teammates was short and forced, often ending with Kiara rushing off either to her room or her private psychic training chamber. Both places of solitude. It was becoming quite clear that the team's most recent mission had made quite the impression on her. There was no denying that. The scars that confronting the Night Sisters had reopened obviously ran quite deep.

"You're not crazy." Kiara told herself, having taken a break from her psychic training in her room. She now stared at her reflection in her vanity.

"Crazy? No. Weak? Yes. But I can make you stronger." 

The cloaked figure of Matron Supreme appeared in the mirror behind Kiara's reflection. The Titan's eyes grew wide with fear, but she did not jump or cry out. Over the last few days she had grown accustomed to these occurrences. 

"I can do that myself." Kiara closed her eyes, her tattoos glowing just the faintest hue of lavender. When she reopened her eyes, the visage of Matron Supreme had vanished. "My mind is my own..." 

iU8EggM.png

After resting up, Kiara decided she'd head back down to the thirteenth floor. She was making progress with her telepathy, but it wasn't enough, nowhere near the level of the assailants that had attacked the team at Club OXYGEN. Making her way to the elevator, not interrupting Roxie's intense workout routine, Kiara's trip down was interrupted when the elevator opened to reveal, to her surprise, the team's senior adviser and a young man a year or two older than herself. 

"Sybil!" Kiara declared in surprise. "What're you doing here? And who's this?" Kiara asked, stepping back to allow the two off the elevator. 

"Kiara, good to see you. I actually can't stay long. It appears," Sybil said, his eyes flashing purple for a moment,"that I'll be needed back at the watchtower even sooner than expected. Well...sooner than everyone else expected that is." He said, giving Kiara a wink. "Anyway, this here is Benjamin O'Hara, he'll actually be joining Titans North. I had hoped to help you all get acquainted, but duty calls...or at least, it's about to." Not even a full two seconds after completing the sentence, Sybil's communication device lit up.

"Talk to me." He said, stepping back into the elevator, waving good bye to Kiara.

[spoiler=OOC. Please Read]

So if you haven't heard I have recently run into a lot of responsibilities IRL that won't let up until the end of next week. As a result, we have switched up the schedule and will continue this trend of character interaction and individually driven course of events. Also, this post marks Chaos Sonic's official welcome into the RP, so a hearty hello to Benjamin O'Hara! Have some fun here you guys!

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Spider-Man

He could hear it the entire time they rode the elevator, the man's explanations. The man, Sybil, to him seemed like an interesting character, but his constant explaining grew tiresome. By this time, Benjamin O'Hara was already writing ideas and thoughts in his small pocket notebook of story ideas and even character development. Hmm..yeah that would do nicely. Ah...but I need a good name...hmm...Sybil...Samuel? No...Steven? Nien... he thought, sighing as he put the pen to his mouth. Alright, scratch that male character, go with a female. But again...a name...

Benjamin sighed as he closed his notebook and tossed the pen into it. At this moment, the elevator had finally arrived at its destination. As the doors opened, both he and Sybil were greeted by the sight of a young woman, Kiara.

He watched the two exchange greetings before seeing Sybil return into elevator to leave them. Silence settled in between the newcomer and Kiara, before Benjamin finally extended a hand towards the young lady. "Hi there. I'm Benjamin O'Hara, but that's my formal name. You can just call me Ben." he smiled, allowing Kiara to shake his hand. "Kiara...correct? Means 'Dark' in Irish, quite the contrary name for someone like yourself." he said before walking around the area, looking around at the structure of the building. "I do say, that the workings of the tower are pretty amazing. A lot better than the hotel I stayed in last night...then again, Aurora City hotels aren't bad."

He paused for a moment, before he snickered to himself as he thought of his night prior to this very moment...

Aurora City, as night falls its a beautiful city, possibly why it was given the name 'Aurora'. Miles down the street near an exclusive hotel, the hotel valet parks a rather expensive looking car. He exited the vehicle and quickly returned to his post...unaware of the shady looking man making his way towards the car. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out an electronic device and hooked it to the car door. It had numbers slowly cycling through until a correct series of numbers lit up. Once the numbers were lit up, he easily opened the door and got inside. It was a simple job, he had the car he wanted. All he had to do now was t-

"Ahem! Ya know...in the future, if your gonna steal cars, don't dress like a car thief man."

The man quickly turned around to see a strange individual in a strange blue and red grunge looking outfit. Was he in here this whole time? Couldn't have...but who or what the hell was he? "What are you? You some sort of cop?"

The teen shook his head slightly. "Really? You think I'm a cop, dressed like this? Ya know, I would've accepted that answer if this was Halloween...buuuut it really isn't." he said, beginning to watch the man struggle to get out of the car. "You uh...need a hand there?" he asked, before seeing the man roll down the window. "There ya go, out the window. You got it...there ya go!"

The man fell out of the car window and quickly got back up, only to see that the strange individual was no longer in the car. He backed away, looking around. Maybe it was a hallucination. Maybe he had too much to drink. May-

"CROTCH!!!"

This made the man turn, only to see the individuals...well...crotch in his face as he was knocked down by him with a swift stealthy takedown. He got up quickly and pulled out a knife, pointing it at the costumed freak. "Just let me go, ya crazy."

"W-Whoa...i-is that a knife? Is that a real knife?" the costumed man asked, before holding up his hands and kneeling, seeing the man nod. "Oh god, my one weakness...small knives! Anything but knives!" he said, throwing his hands towards the man.

The man was puzzled by his reaction, but it didn't matter. He started backing away, before noticing the hand that held the knife had five spiders on it. The man freaked. He dropped the knife and backed away more, shaking the spiders off as he tried to run away...but against the wall his back found himself against...it seemed as though he was stuck. He glanced up and saw a huge spider web on the wall, crawling with spiders.

"Oh it's so simple..." the young man laughed before shaking his head. "Spiders, they work wonders!" he said, before seeing a cop car driving into the lot, its lights flashing. "Oh! Boys in blue here!" he laughed before seeing the cop walking out of it, his hand on his gun.

"Who are you?"

The teen sighed as he facepalmed slightly. "Seems no one grasps the concept of a mask...it's called a secret identity for a reason!" he said before he back-flipped back and...up the wall? His soles stuck to the wall as he waved. "All ya need to know is that your job was made easier by the Arachnid!" he said happily, before crawling up the building wall, and starting to run across a few rooftops. Kudo was right...I'm gonna love this place!!

Benjamin snickered again, before looking at Kiara again. "Sorry...thinking of last night. Some fun times. Anyway, are there any other of your team around?"

Kiara was actually stunned into silence. New...team member? She honestly couldn't tell if Sybil was being serious, but before she could ask, he was gone. For a moment, Kiara wasn't really sure what to do. Fortunately, she was snapped out of her stupor by Benjamin's, or rather Ben's, question. "Anyway, are there any other of your team around?" He asked. Kiara nodded. At least that was something she could wrap her mind around. She could introduce him to the others. Maybe they would be able to fathom why they suddenly had a sixth member of the team without a heads up or a warning.

"Yeah...uh, right this way." Kiara said, trying to be as friendly as possible. After all, it wasn't Ben's fault that the team hadn't been notified about his eminent arrival. Leading him into the Central Complex, Kiara gestured to where Roxie, in her minimal clothing, was in the middle of her suicide runs. "That's Roxie." She explained. Turning her attention to the kinetic bruiser, Kiara called out to the blonde. "Rox, come meet our new team mate." Kiara placed some subtle emphasis on the last two words hoping that Ben wouldn't pick up on it but so that Roxie might. Maybe the others had heard something she hadn't. After all, Kiara had been locked up doing her own thing the last few days. It was conceivable she had missed a message from Sybil.

Taking out her communicator, Kiara sent out a message to Alfonso, Blake, and Cygnus.

Meet in Central Complex ASAP. We have a guest.

<3 Kiara

Putting the communicator away, she returned her attention to the young man that was now apparently her teammate. "The others should get here soon." Kiara said offering a bright smile. "Just make yourself comfortable, I mean, this is your home after all."

Alfonso was hacking and slashing away, racking up points for the leaderboards, when his communicator buzzed.  

"DOUBLE KILL."

"Ha!"

"TRIPLE KILL."

"Ahhh!  Keep going!"

"OVERLOADED.  MURDER SPREE."

"Come on, come on!" he said cheering for himself.

"An opponent has disconnected.  An opponent has disconnected.  An opponent has disconnected.  GAME OVER."

"Man.  Wimps," he said chuckling to himself.  Picking up the buzzing communicator as he celebrated his technical victory, and read a message from Kiara.

<3 Kiara

Alfonso stood up, scratching his head.  "A guest? Is Sybil here?  She didn't specify."  Alfonso shrugged it off, turning off his console and tossing his controller onto the bed.  He slipped into his tennis shoes and strolled down the halls, closing his door behind him.  He felt good.  He was still a bit tired, but he was in a great mood.  He hadn't lost his gaming touch and he was surrounded by decent people.  They had managed to thwart a drug pushing scumbag, and no one was injured beyond repair.  It was a long day, but it was one he could tolerate.  His hands behind his head, Alfonso stepped out into the Central Complex, where Kiara was standing with a young guy about Alfonso's age.  With a raised eyebrow, Alfonso stopped, before walking past Kiara and their guest, and straight to the kitchen.

A quiet rumbling and clattering, and Alfonso returned  moments later with a tray of six sodas, and sat it out for others to get their fill.  Snatching a can from the tray, Alfonso popped open the drink as he propped himself up against a wall.  "So, who's this?" he asked patiently.  Though he could likely deduce that this boy was likely a new Titan, he wasn't a hundred percent sure.  He was young enough to be a Titan, and he gave off a sort of positive vibe, but that wasn't saying much.  

"And what can we do ya for?"

Meanwhile, Altiana was still resting away, asleep in the back of Alfonso's mind.

Blake woke up to vibrating rattling his desk.  A pool of drool had gathered under his cheek, and as he rose, he wiped his mouth clear.  He tried to open his tired eyes to find the source of the vibrating.  Wiping his eyes clear, he figured out that the culprit was none other than his communicator.  

"Oh...it's just you...you troublemaker!"  Blake faintly chuckled as he grabbed the communicator and opened it.

<3 Kiara

Blake almost jumped out of his chair.  "Another teammate?  But I just got to liking mostly everyone!"  Blake sighed as he got up from his desk, and put on some baggy pajama pants and a white v-neck t-shirt.  He liked to work in minimal clothing, but basically now it was casual time.  The dark purple light emanating from his chest was clearly visible, but he didn't care.  If the new kid asked, he'd get an answer.  He passed by his suit, which had become more aesthetically pleasing to him in his opinion.  He drug his hand against the glass as he continued walking by it to get out of his room.  

Entering the Central Complex with a yawn, Blake was greeted by the sight of all of his fellow members, besides Cygnus, and plus one stranger.  Sybil wasn't around...had Kiara just let some teen in saying he was a Titan?  No...Kiara was definitely one-thousand times smarter than that.  His attention was then brought to Roxie, who was doing exercises Blake could only do while in his suit.  He wasn't declaring that he didn't work out, but Roxie's workout was way more intense than his routine.  She was also wearing very minimal clothing as well, showing off her well toned figure and feminine features.  Blake couldn't help but keep staring.  

*Drip*  *Drip*

Blake rubbed his fingers across his upper lip, and had figured out that he was suffering from a Roxie induced nose bleed.  Making sure not to get any blood on his white shirt, he rubbed all of it off and closed the nostril that was being such a nuisance shut.  Scrambling to act cool, like Alfonso propped up against the wall, Blake coughed and spoke in a nasally voice.  "So...who are you and what can you do?"   

Cygnus had just finished getting dressed after a long shower when his Titan Communicator began to vibrate on his desk, indicating an incoming message.

<3 Kiara

A guest? he thought to himself, rereading the girl's message, wondering who it could be. Definitely not Sybil, otherwise she would have referred to him by name. Someone else then? Still, the important thing was that Kiara finally appeared to be willing to interact with others again. Cygnus had been meaning to apologize to her for the last mission, but he hadn't seen her at all since the last briefing—she was the only one of the team who hadn't visited him in the medical bay.

Dropping his Titan Communicator into his pocket, he stretched luxuriously and scrutinized his appearance one last time in the mirror, pleased to be wearing his usual silk shirt and hunting breeches again. A few moments later, the white-haired boy turned the corner into the Central Complex, where all of his teammates were gathered, along with a slender young man with brown hair that he didn't recognize. Cute in his own way, he supposed, if a little short for his tastes.

"Morning," he called breezily, coming to a halt by the group, unfazed as usual by the fact that he was the last one to answers the summons. "Everyone doing alright?"

He was making a conscious effort to be friendlier than usual to the others, especially Kiara. He flashed her a quick smile before turning to the stranger and offering a handshake.

"I assume this is the guest you mentioned...? How do you do? I'm Cygnus."

"Rox, come meet our new team mate." 

The girl's ears perked at the sound of Kiara's call, taking noticed that she had put particular emphasis on the last two words. "One second, beautiful... I just wanna finish this set." Roxie called over to Kiara and the new arrival as she began speeding up her work out. As she did so, Alfonso and Blake joined the scene greeting the new kid in the way most would expect of a bunch of boys. 

"So, who's this? "And what can we do ya for?"

"So...who are you and what can you do?"  

Finally completing her suicides, the scantily clad blonde instinctively picked up Arondite from a nearby couch; hoisting the metal baseball bat over her shoulders, before making her way over to the slowly gather group of Titans. "Com'on boys, how about you give him your names first, ya?" She joked whilst she slid past Alfonso, and grabbed a can of soda from the tray that had been set out in the kitchen. The girl's skin seemed to be glistening slightly in the light from her workout, and  hair was tied back in a bun. Definitely not the way she'd want to meet someone for the first time, but there wasn't much she could do about that, right? 

Ripping out her hair tie, Roxie let her golden curls fall freely down to the side, before moving behind Kiara and placing her chin affectionately on her shoulder. She had missed other girl during these past few days. "Hi there!" She finally addressed the new recruit, taking in his features for the first time. "You've already met my Kiara..." She titled her head to side slightly, causing her hair tickle the other girl's ear. "She may be cute, but she'll knock your head clean off if your not carful."

"We have one more bloke coming, but he's always fashionably la-" As if on cue, Cygnus graced the group with his presence. Roxie instantly noticed that the boy was behaving strangely... nice? Arching her eyebrow, she watched as Cygnus introduced himself, choosing to chime in after. "ah, and theres our resident goose mage!" She cooed. "You like the treat I left you, Frenchy?"   

"Mister cool over there is Alfonso, but I just call him Alfy..." She glanced towards Alfonso before raising her can of soda. With a mischievous smirk she playfully flicked the small metal tab used to open the can towards the boy, using her mastery over kinetic energy make it fly lightly into his chest. "He can fly, and do all sorts of neat stuff- oh wait, where's Altiana?" Pausing for a moment to allow Alfonso to respond, she then turned to Blake. "And last but not least, we have Blake- or Blakey-poo as he's better known in the underground cage match circuit..." Roxie giggled slightly, only just now taking notice of the boy's bleeding nose. It only took a few moments for the girl to put the pieces of the puzzle together, and she couldn't help but smirk at the fact that he still hadn't gotten used to the way she dressed. "Enjoying the view are we?" She teased, before moving on.  "He's our techy-fix'it guy." 

Satisfied that she had properly introduced her little family, the former knight returned her gaze to the new recruit, flashing him one of her trademark smiles. "And I'm Roxie, but I go by Havoc while we're kicking arse." Per usual, her accent seemed to get exceptionally thick when trying to say her codename. 

Alfonso was relieved to see something other than pain on Kiara's face. She looked better to say the least, but you can't always tell when someone is struggling. If she was still hurting, she hid it well.

Blake had shown up now, barely able to speak basic English as he choked on Roxie's appearance. Good ol' Blake, always one to keep things up front, honest, and sometimes awkward. And obviously Roxie was here. She'd finished up her morning training and took her share of soda from the tray Alfonso had brought out, before rudely tossing a tin cap from the beverage towards him.

He caught it handily, snatching it out of the air and began twirling it around his head with his mind. In response to the question regarding Altiana, Alfonso simply pointed to his head. That was where she always was after all.

Cygnus had joined them at last, looking to be in much better shape after escaping the medical bay. Good. Everything was in order, and now was the time to establish relationships.

Alfonso finished his drink, before crushing the can and tossing it and the stray tin top into the recycle bin.

He sighed, as he was introduced without saying much himself. "Well," he began. "I wouldn't call it flying. It's more like falling. With style," he joked. "I'm Alfonso. Call me what you like, stranger," he said as he approached Benjamin. "Alaska, Alfy, Al-pal, I've heard it all." He quickly stole a handshake from Benjamin before sliding past Blake and onto the edge of the hall corridor behind Cygus.

"Sorry, I can't stay. I'm touching up on some things, and my other half would sleep better if I wasn't involved in too much. You need me, just ask."

Alfonso dropped a brotherly pat on Cygnus' back and Blake's shoulder, and gave a wave to Kiara before vanishing again.

"I'm sorry, Alfonso," she said feintly.

"You don't owe me an apology. And if anyone has a problem with that, then I can't help them."

To be truthful, Benjamin wasn't opposed to seeing the young woman Roxie like this...he was a guy, what do you want from him? Nevertheless, he did his best to keep focus as the rest of the team had walked in to meet him. Alfonso, Roxie, Kiara, Cygnus, and Blake. From first glance, he could tell that this team was indeed a quiet diverse group of young souls. He was about to speak, before seeing Alfonso steal a quick handshake before walking off. He seems like the busy type... he sighed before returning his attention to the others.

"Hello! Bonjour! Konichiwa! Hola! And whatever else means that..." Benjamin smiled as he waved at the group. "I'm Benjamin O'Hara. But, Benjamin is pretty formal, so you can call me what pretty much everyone else does: Ben. I'm really eager to be working with...one sec..." he said, before pulling his notebook out and starting to write things down again. "Sorry to ask this abruptly...but, Cygnus was it? Would you mind if I use that sorts of name? Trying to work on a book."

"What can you do?"

Benjamin heard this from Blake as he smiled sheepishly, before putting the notebook away. "Oh right...almost forgot about that. Sorry about that, I guess my writer side searching for inspiration got the better of me." he said. "Now, what I can do...well, I'd suggest that you all back up some."

He saw the team take a few steps back as he took a deep breath. "Alright guys...showtime." he smiled, as before the team, countless spiders began to pour from Benjamin's body, almost coming from his pores. Then the young man began to back-flip a few ways back, before starting to stick to the walls, as he crawled up to the ceiling. "Alright guys...give 'em the works!" Benjamin shouted to the spiders as they scattered a bit, only to reconvene along the walls. In mere moments the spiders began to spin a huge web before the Titans' eyes, as it was beginning to look like it was wording something.

"Perfect job guys!" Benjamin laughed as he flipped off the roof and landed on the ground, in front of the web that now clearly said:

Arachnid

He smirked as he watched the spiders convene around him, before disappearing within his pores. "And that's just some of what I can do. And as for the name...it's Arachnid!"

"I loved them, actually," Cygnus replied to Roxie, chuckling in spite of himself. "I know, I know, a French that enjoys croissants, it's so stereotypical! But what can you do? Those were the best ones I've had since coming to the states. You're gonna have to tell me where you got the—"

He raised an eyebrow and his voice trailed off as Alfonso shook the stranger's hand briefly before excusing himself and disappearing back down the hallway in the direction of his room. Altiana had been uncharacteristically silent... Was she in that much need of rest, that she couldn't even speak like usual? He hoped it wasn't anything too serious. The brown-haired man, however, seemed to take the young hero's departure in stride, immediately launching into a high-energy introduction. Very high energy.

"Hello! Bonjour! Konichiwa! Hola! And whatever else means that... I'm Benjamin O'Hara," he said, smiling and waving. "I'm really eager to be working with... one sec... Sorry to ask this abruptly...but, Cygnus was it? Would you mind if I use that sort of name? Trying to work on a book."

"Knock yourself out," Cygnus replied coolly as he crossed his arms, still completely nonplussed as to the purpose of the man's presence at Titans Tower. He looked like a pizza delivery boy, but judging from the notebook he was scribbling into and his claims of looking forward to working together, maybe he was a journalist? Was that why Kiara had summoned them? For some kind of interview? What a waste of time...

Remembering that he was supposed to be playing nice for a change, he backed up graciously enough at Ben's request, but before he could open his mouth to politely say that he didn't give interviews, something happened. Something bizarre and utterly horrible. Countless spiders began to stream suddenly from the other man's body, appearing to emerge from his pores, scuttling across the floor with jittery unsettling movements. Cygnus winced at the sight, too grossed out to pay attention to Ben's acrobatics or wall-climbing maneuvers. It was only after the spiders had disappeared from sight that he noticed the man standing in front of the massive web they had spun, smiling brightly all the while, as if to say, ta-da! For a moment, there was silence. Then...

"Alright," Cygnus said flatly to the other Titans, dropping the nice guy act like a hot plate, his dark blue eyes narrowing coldly. "Who invited this wall-crawling b****, why is he trashing our house, and when does he leave?"

Alfonso had returned to his room not shortly after "meeting" their guest, and with haste.  He decided to leave his games alone for now, as he lie back in bed wondering what he was missing out on.  Altiana was asleep again, and over the course of the next several minutes, Alfonso could gradually feel her strengthening.  It was subtle at first, a slight twinge in the back of his head.  Then, his mind began swimming, causing him to be dizzy, even as he stared at the ceiling.  He had to close his eyes for a moment just to bare with it.  Finally, he grew nauseated, his stomach turning over and over as his head began pounding like mad.  Alas, Altiana had awoken, with very quick ''thank you"s and lots of apologizing.  

"That was a doozy," he said gripping his forehead.

Altiana did her best not to laugh.  "I think our bond could be much stronger, Alfonso.  If we ever go through something like that again, you could be much worse off, and that would be dangerous for the both of us," she said suddenly.  "I think we should undergo some training of our own."  Alfonso simply nodded, acknowledging Altiana's request.  She was right.  If they were going to put their lives at risk, they needed to be prepared for it.  Alfonso stood up slowly, trying to shake the brief but rather sudden ailments that had attacked him.  

"Okay.  Okay, alright.  Yeah, you're right, Altiana.  But how do we go about doing that?  Want me to have Kiara probe our minds?"

Altiana was taken aback.  "Goodness, no!  You'd kill the poor girl!  No, Alfonso.  I was thinking more along the lines of a battle.  Between you and I."

Alfonso was the one shocked this time.  He raised an eyebrow, wondering where Altiana was steering the conversation.  "Oooooookay, go on."  Altiana sighed.  "So, the best way to improve mental fortitude for you, is for you to have a stronger bond with me, correct?"  Alfonso nodded.  "So, what better a way for you and I to strengthen our bond than to spar.  On my home world, a bond grew rapidly as the bonded did battle, whether with each other, or with others.  But bonded couples grow strongest and most quickly when they did battle with other bonded couples.  But because we are unable to battle another bonded couple, we should do battle with each other."

Alfonso was with Altiana, up until the time she mentioned 'couples'.  "What'd ya mean couples?  Like, just two bonded people or--"

"Well, no Alfonso.  I thought I explained this, but upon bonding with someone, you are bonded forever.  Alfonso, you and I--"

"WE'RE WHAT!?"

An alarming cry erupted from Alfonso's room, as he went bolting out into the hallways and down to the Central Complex.  His cries were only furthered when he saw the Complex covered in spider webs, and their guest clinging to the walls.  

Alfonso went over to Blake, and snatched him by his collar, shaking him rapidly.  "BLAKE!  HELP ME!"

"Calm down Alfonso!" Altiana said aloud so that everyone could hear.

"What'd ya mean calm down!?  I WASN'T EXPECTING THIS!"  He turned to Cygnus now, and fell on his knees pleading for help.  "Cygnus.  You understand women.  I NEED YOUR HELP."

"Alfonso!  This is absurd.  I'm so sorry everyone," Altiana said apologetically.

Alfonso fell backwards, falling onto his back and staring up at the ceiling.  "I don't friggin' believe it.  I'm seventeen.  There's no way this should be legal."

"Alfonso, it's merely a coincidence.  And of course, it is only by my world's standards.  I'm sure that if you could mate with another female from Earth--"

"Yeah, fat chance now.  God damn it!" he said with an exasperated sigh.  "Don't uh--sheet--don't get me wrong Altiana.  I'm not upset that it's you I just wasn't ready for this type of commitment.  Especially without knowing it."  Alfonso buried his face in his hands, totally at a loss for words, until Altiana spilled the beans.  "May I, Alfonso?"  He sighed again.  "We might share a mind, but you don't need my permission for something like this.  Go on."

"Well, everyone, I have an announcement.  According to my home world's laws and nature, Alfonso and I. . .we. . . erm--"

"Damn it Altiana.  WE'RE MARRIED!  OKAY!?"

Kiara found herself not having to remind herself to smile. The action was coming easily to her again, it felt good to be back with her teammates. While the orb had a way of...exciting and challenging her, Sybil had been right when saying it really did perfectly simulate a conscious mind, even it's peculiarly electrifying presence couldn't quite compare to Roxie's charm or Blake's quirks. Even Cygnus was on his best behavior, it seemed. Kiara glanced sheepishly at him. She felt bad about not visiting him in the sick bay, but something was...awkward, between them. Trying to reassure the frosty-haired sorcerer that she didn't bear him any ill will she broadened her smile and winked at him. She'd missed her friends.. Unfortunately, just as things started to feel normal again, they began to fall apart. 

Alfonso had just barely introduced himself before rushed off into his room. Kiara immediately felt herself having to force her smile again. She wondered if maybe she wasn't the only one on the team going through psychological crisis. Alfonso's strange behavior and Altiana's silence had her thinking that maybe there was more going on in that disheveled boy's mind than he let on. She made a mental note to check on that later though, because the current issue was getting their newest member of the team acquainted to the Tower.

Ben introduced himself with enthusiasm, interrupting his train of thought to pull out a notebook and ask Cygnus permission to use his name in a...book? So, apparently their newest teammate was a writer. That would be interesting, Kiara thought. She had always liked writing herself, at least when she was younger. After the Night Sisters abducted her, they didn't allow her to write. That form of self-expression was considered dangerous in the cult. So, they had stamped it out of her. Of course, it was all the more reason to try and pick it up now. She wondered if maybe Ben would let her read some of his work sometime or maybe even read something she wrote...if she ever actually got around to it. 

"Now, what I can do...well, I'd suggest that you all back up some."

Kiara cocked an eyebrow. It appeared as though they were in for a demonstration. She traded looks with Roxie of mixed interest and curiosity before Ben began. Suddenly the auburn-haired boy was bouncing around the room, crawling up and down the walls. Then, they showed up. The cute little spiders. They appeared to literally come right out of Ben's body, performing an act all their own, as they sewed a giant web spelling the word: A R A C H N I D.

Cygnus was the first speak, and Kiara could tell by the tone of the first word that things were about to turn sour. "Alright, who invited this wall-crawling b****, why is he trashing our house, and when does he leave?"

Before Kiara could jump to Ben's defense, unfortunately, Alfonso reappeared on the sign, ranting and raving. For the most part, Kiara couldn't make sense of what he was saying, but she got the gist of his final state.

Well that was a shocker, but it also didn't sound quite right. Surely, there was some kind of misunderstanding between Altiana and Alfonso. A miscommunication had taken place or something. Besides, even if that statement was completely accurate it wasn't the leading issue at the moment. Casting a side glance at Ben, she couldn't imagine what must be running through his mind right now. 

"Mazeltov to the newlyweds," Cygnus said flatly, rolling his eyes and turning back to Ben. Alfonso's marital crisis would have to wait, at least until someone explained why the hell a perfect stranger was trashing their house.

Sensing the tension, Kiara chose that moment to act, clearing her throat she spoke up. "This is our new teammate. Sybil was just here, but he had to go because the Justice League had an emergency. So, there's no need to be so rude." She said, fixing Cygnus with a look. "Or dramatic." Kiara continued, turning to look at Alfonso. "So, will everyone please calm themselves?" 

Now turning to look at Ben, she adopted her bubbly smile again and began to apologize. "Sorry for all this craziness, we're still recovering from a stressful mission. But uh, would you mind," She gestured at the mess that Ben had made, "cleaning up a bit?"

It had seemed that he had dumbfounded the group, and he was feeling proud of it. Sweet...awesome work Ben...now let's hear what they have to s-

"Alright, who invited this wall-crawling b****, why is he trashing our house, and when does he leave?"

Benjamin blinked a few times, at Cygnus' expression. A moment of silence was dealt with as he just couldn't help but feel like he had probably went up and over the top. "Okay...I'll be perfectly honest...waaaaaaasn't really hoping for that reaction." he said sheepishly, his hand rubbing the back of his head. He was about to explain himself, when Alfonso returned...raving about some strange things.

"Mazeltov to the newlyweds"

Once again, the teen just blinked a few times. This was turning out to be a strange first day with the team...

"This is our new teammate. Sybil was just here, but he had to go because the Justice League had an emergency. So, there's no need to be so rude... Or dramatic. So, will everyone please calm themselves?"

A sigh of relief escaped Benjamin's lips, as Kiara cut the tension with her explanation. "I'm really sorry. I thought Sybil had already told you all about me." he sighed, before his face met his hand. "Mon du...."

"Sorry for all this craziness, we're still recovering from a stressful mission. But uh, would you mind, cleaning up a bit?"

"Oh no, no need for apologies Kiara." Benjamin chuckled slightly. "Sybil DID mention that you were all a little stressed, probably one reason why he never said anything. With most details left out, he told me about the mission. Sounded like quite the doozy." He smiled before he looked back up at the web and nodded. "As for the web, not a problem. Hey...Charlotte!" Soon another spider started to crawl on Benjamin's shoulder, waving one of her legs at him. "There's my girl! Think you can head up the cleaning department?"

Charlotte simply gave what seemed like a small curtsy and hopped onto the web, as her and the other spiders began to start taking apart the web.

"Best thing about the spiders: easy clean up with their messes."

"Mazeltov to the newlyweds"

"E-excuse me what?" 

Blake went to the sink, grabbed a glass of water, and proceeded to take a couple of sips.  After downing some of the water, he filled his mouth full of the stuff and spat it out abruptly.  The spider show was pretty crazy, but this news was super blindsiding!  However, this sudden reveal only popped more questions into his head than answers.  Would their marriage license even be valid on this planet?  Did her diplomatic immunity transfer over to Alf's body?  So many thoughts were buzzing around in his head, he almost frazzled his brain.

"This is our new teammate. Sybil was just here, but he had to go because the Justice League had an emergency. So, there's no need to be so rude... Or dramatic. So, will everyone please calm themselves?"

Just as Blake expected, this kid Ben was a new titan.  A writing titan at that!  His intuition had finally been proven in the right this time.  However,  Ben looked to be a wall crawling annoyance.  Spiders were known to be cleanly creatures, but Blake wasn't sure he wanted Titan's Tower to be decorated with webs this early for Halloween.  Maybe Roxie could use real spiders instead of mechanical ones now...that'd sure make more of a mess than bombs.  Blake shrugged.  He walked up to the writing halfrachnid and analyzed him.  

"You know...I'm quite the writer myself.  However, my guidelines are very specific and my data must be shown...scientific writing is more restrictive than what I believe you must do."  He nodded with his eyes shut, arms crossed.  "You'll make a fine edition to the team...Don't disappoint your leader!"  

"This is our new teammate... So, will everyone please calm themselves?"

At Kiara's words, Cygnus blinked in surprise and fell silent, which for him, was tantamount to Blake's more theatrical reaction. He had been ready for any number of answers, but certainly not that.

As he watched Ben's personal army of spiders begin to clean up the mess they had created, he had to grudgingly admit that it made sense, in a way. For all his words of encouragement during their last briefing, Sybil couldn't have helped but notice that the team's first two missions had been rough, having risked failure and brushed with death on both occasions. It was logical to assume that from here on out, their missions would only get tougher, and conclude that some extra muscle could come in handy.

Still, Cygnus thought to himself, giving Ben another glance as the latter smiled and laughed, I wish Sybil had given us at least some kind of warning... This guy's arrival is going to change the entire team dynamic. I can feel it. Not to mention I hate spiders. Oh, well.

Having sufficiently recovered his composure, the white-haired boy coughed and cleared his throat.

"Sorry about that," he said at last, directing his words to Ben, like a king doling out favors to one of his subjects. "It's like Kiara said, we're all a bit on edge since the last mission. Still, that's no excuse. Forgive my rudeness, and welcome to the team."

There, that should do it. He didn't bother mentioning that if he ever found one of those spiders in his room, there would be hell to pay. That went without saying.

Standing up straight, he dusted himself off, and sighed, looking to the newest member of the Titans.  He took another, more approachable handshake from Ben, paying his spiders no mind.  "Sorry about my rude interruption," he said calming down at last.  "I had a revelation and it wasn't pretty.  But welcome to the Titans, Ben.  You're different, but I think you'll fit in just fine here.  And if I haven't introduced you already, this is my other half.  She's an unofficial member of the team as I don't remember Sybil counting her in, but she's here.  My best friend, and now, apparently, my wife," he said shrugging.  "Oh and I'm not the squeamish one, just as long as these little dudes don't end up in my cereal."  Altiana let out a soft "aww" as Alfonso bragged about her.  She took on an Ethereal form, appearing beside Alfonso suddenly, as she took a neat bow.

"Though it isn't official by this planet's standards, Alfonso and I have bonded for life, and are married.  In my world at least," she said with a smile.  "Best friends.  Thank you Alfonso."  Altiana nodded as she looked to Ben.  "I would shake your hand, Benjamin, but I cannot in this state.  But regardless, welcome to our team.  Er, their team," she said chuckling.  

"Well.  You all have heard enough from me.  I don't want to be a pest.  Alfonso, I'll be preparing myself when you're ready to duel."

He nodded, as Altiana slipped back inside his body and into his mind.  "I'm gonna slip away and see about getting some work of my own done.  Sorry for disappearing again.  But don't worry.  Unless I'm screaming you probably won't even know I'm here.  Later guys and girls," he said bidding goodbye to his friends again.

He returned to his room rather quickly, leaving a crack in his door just in case he was needed--however unlikely that may be--so that he could react quickly.  He took a seat on his bed, moving the controller aside again, as Altiana perked up.

"You know, you didn't have to do that.  Sorry about surprising you with such news so suddenly."

Alfonso dismissed that thought, laughing to himself finally.  "Who'd think I'd be married at seventeen?  I mean, it's nuts right?  I'm still a kid and now I've been ushered into adulthood," he said shrugging.  "Don't worry about it.  I'm stuck with you, but I intend to spend as many moments with you as possible being happy.  That's what a husband is supposed to do, isn't it?  It's how my dad does things.  Always looking out for number one:  my mom."

Altiana couldn't help but smile, trying not to cry.  "So, bestie.  What'd you have in mind, regarding training and what not?  You said it's a mental thing.  How's it work?"

Altiana choked back a few tears, clearing her throat.  "Right.  So, what's going to happen, Alfonso, is that your body is going to go into a sort of trance like state.  You'll be conscious and aware of the things happening around you, but you will not be able to react.  Your consciousness will be pulled further into your mind, to the point where yours and my own meet.  And there, you will find yourself standing on a battlefield created by my own subconsciousness."

"So, sort of a literal battle of the minds?  That it?"

"Very much so, yes.  It is best for your mental strength and your body if you were to sit up straight, and assume a meditation like pose."  Alfonso nodded, sitting up straight in his bed.  "So, how exactly should I sit?"

"Hmm.  First, bring your legs up, and cross them.  There, good.  Now, place your palms relaxed over your knees.  Yes, that's it.  Now take a long, but slow, deep breath, and close your eyes."  Alfonso followed Altiana's instructions to the exact letter, as he closed his eyes and began breathing deeply.  "Keep your eyes closed, and just let your body fall into relaxation."  Alfonso's breathing slowed, as he felt himself growing loose and relaxed.  "Good, you're almost there.  Follow the sound of my voice, and allow yourself to visualize a journey to see me.  Feel yourself walking towards me, without moving."  Alfonso's mind widened, as he began searching rapidly for Altiana.  "Easy.  Take your time.  You don't want to rush this."  He slowed his train of thought, trying to pin point Altiana as calmly as possible.  A faint blue light glimmered in the distance, and Alfonso began pressing towards it mentally. 

He could now see himself, as if his eyes were wide open.  His hands stretched out in front of him, black and marked just as normal.  He walked, not fully understanding, but patiently towards the light.  "Good, good.  Can you see me?"

He was approaching the light, slowly, his vision blurry at first.  As he drew closer, the light became clearer, as Altiana's body came into view.  "Welcome," she said with a smile.  The area was totally blank, a white canvas laid out before him.  

"Whoa," he said impressed.  "Where are we?"  All around him, a scarred and rugged land began to take shape, starting at the soles of his feet.  Color spread out into the world like wildfire, taking on the appearance of dirt and grass.  Mountains rose in the distance, and castles were built in an instant.  Soldiers fought, dueling one another in heavy plated armor as they prepared for an inevitable battle.  And Alfonso was now inside a medieval time period, of kings,queens, knights, and castles.  A bright golden sun loomed behind the mountains, shedding an eerie shadow over the land, as the land transitioned into night.  "This, Alfonso, is Cal'gor.  I used images from your mind that most closely resembled olden soldiers from my world, and used them to create a land you could be comfortable in.  This is your mind.  Our mind.  Cal'gor means "shared place of peace".  It is a place you can come at any time that you can meditate to free yourself, and paint a picture of any kind."

"Like my imagination?"

"No, Alfonso.  This is much stronger.  Take my hand."

Alfonso stretched out his hand, and took Altiana's in his own.  "What the--"

"Everything here is very real.  Every touch, every smell, every taste, every sight.  You will feel it, Alfonso," she said with a touch.  She pulled him in for an unexpected hug, and pulled back.  "It's good to finally see you," she said with a smile.  Alfonso blushed, turning his head.  "The uh--the--the pleasure's all mine, Altiana."  She was wearing a ceremonial headdress, and long, flowing brown open robes covered in red markings of alien origin.  Her leggings matched the robe, leaving little to the imagination.  Her large, luring blue eyes mesmerized Alfonso, barely taking away from her perfect, flowing white hair.  Alfonso found himself mouth wide, in awe at Altiana's beauty.  This was the first time he had truly noticed her.

"Alfonso?" she said quickly.

"Hmm?  What?" he said shaking his head.  "Oh, sorry.  So, where do we start?"

"Well, you're certainly not going to be able to battle me in that," she said as Alfonso looked down.  He was wearing his usual garb, with sneakers and all.  "Well, where do I change?"

Altiana plucked Alfonso in the head.  "Ow!  Hey!"

"You can change your dress at any time," she said laughing.  "Concentrate."

Inside Alfonso's mind, hours upon hours would pass.  He would be learning very basic things about Cal'gor.  Shaping the land with his thoughts, changing his wardrobe, shaping weapons, using his powers.  It was like school all over again.  But these basic things were slowly, but surely, strengthening his mental prowess and allowing him to grow closer to Altiana in a short time span.  It would take more than a day, but Alfonso would be mentally exhausted by the time this was all over.  In reality, every minute outside was an hour in his head.  And ten had already passed.

"Good, you're getting it."

"Altiana, I don't understand.  This is all really simple stuff.  I just think it and it happens right?  So how's that supposed to make our connection stronger?"

"Alfonso," she said with a wave of her hand.  She set the day to midnight, as the soldiers vanished and the land grew cold.  "Every action you make in your mind affects me.  Every thought you make, you share with me.  We are one mind, body, and soul.  What you benefit from, I benefit also.  You are performing very basic actions now, sure.  But every basic action has a purpose for more advanced action.  And in time, you will become strong.  We will become strong.  And for a foe to penetrate our mind would be dangerous if we are not prepared."

Alfonso nodded.  She was right.  It was like a tutorial in a video game.  You had to get past the first stage to progress to the second.  Meanwhile, outside, if anyone were to pass by Alfonso's room, they would find the boy subconsciously floating, his eyes wide open, pure white as if he were possessed by a powerful spell.  You could wave your hand in front of his face and get no reaction, but instead look into his blank white eyes and see the power resonating within him, as he stares into nothing.

"Would you like to take a break?"

Alfonso panted, the sheer process of thought pushing him to his edge.  

"No.  No, keep going."

Altiana formed an elegant sword in her right hand, holding it loosely.  The sky blue hilt and flowing white ribbons at its end suggested it was a sword belonging to someone important.  It's blade was curved, suggesting it was in fact a scimitar. 

"Good.  Now we begin the hard part."

"The hard part?" he asked nervously.

Altiana smiled, as she dashed towards Alfonso.

"You know...I'm quite the writer myself.  However, my guidelines are very specific and my data must be shown...scientific writing is more restrictive than what I believe you must do. You'll make a fine edition to the team...Don't disappoint your leader!"

"Scientific writings? Well, as the Roman author, Marcus Tullius Cicero, once said: To each his own." Benjamin smiled at Blake, letting him size the new Titan up. "I'm a storyteller and I love to make my audience smile at the stories they read. I'm fairly certain that the scientific writing you do is purely for work purposes. I digress, but it's good I'm not the only one to pick up a pen and write."

"Sorry about that. It's like Kiara said, we're all a bit on edge since the last mission. Still, that's no excuse. Forgive my rudeness, and welcome to the team."

Benjamin looked at Cygnus and smiled as he nodded at the young man. "Either way, I probably should've kept that in perspective when entering. So in a way, it's sorta my fault too." he chuckled before tossing his hands in his pockets. "Still, thanks for the warm welcomes, Mr. Swan." he said, pretty much giving a stab at knowing the meaning of Cygnus' name.

"Welcome to the Titans, Ben.  You're different, but I think you'll fit in just fine here.  And if I haven't introduced you already, this is my other half.  She's an unofficial member of the team as I don't remember Sybil counting her in, but she's here.  My best friend, and now, apparently, my wife, Oh and I'm not the squeamish one, just as long as these little dudes don't end up in my cereal."

"Though it isn't official by this planet's standards, Alfonso and I have bonded for life, and are married.  In my world at least. Best friends. Thank you Alfonso. I would shake your hand, Benjamin, but I cannot in this state.  But regardless, welcome to our team.  Er, their team."

"No worries whatsoever, these spiders of mine usually just live in me, not many of them get out." Benjamin smiled with a nod. "Only one that is usually out is Charlotte here." He pointed to the spider that crawled upon his shoulder, as it almost waved with it's front leg. "She's pretty much a pet so I usually keep her out some. Regardless, you won't see any of them out of my room...least I hope you won't...I promise ya that!"

Kiara watched as a new hoard of spiders began to clean up the webbing that had dirtied the Titans' living space. It was interesting to see how Ben so easily controlled them. Even more interesting that they lived inside him. Kiara was intrigued at the notion. Since the Justice League's rescue of her from the clutches of the Night Sisters a few months ago she had seen several superpowered individuals, but no one with an ability quite like that. Kiara was about to ask Ben more about his powers, how exactly they worked, whether he controlled his spiders through telepathy, etc, etc, however; she was interrupted before she could. Glancing into the reflective surface of one of the Central Complex's large windows, Kiara was met with the image of Matron Supreme staring back at her.

So surprised by the hallucination, Kiara stumbled backwards, collapsing into the tray of beverages that Alfonso had brought out before returning to his rooms for the second time. When she looked into the window again, of course, the image was gone, but that did little to steady Kiara's pounding heartbeat. She had let her guard down with her friends and it had only taken the sight of her old tormentor to knock her off her feet. It was only at that moment that Kiara thought about what her friends must be thinking. No doubt she must look like a fool. Staring terrified at an empty window, in a puddle of knocked over drinks. Very heroic. Kiara could feel her face grow warm with embarrassment. "Way to impress the new guy..." She thought to herself.

"Uh...maybe someone, wants to show Ben to a guest room?" Kiara offered, trying to divert the attention away from herself as she stood up. "I think, um, I'll just grab some, uh, fresh air." 

Kiara avoided her teammates' eyes and dashed for the elevator.

iU8EggM.png

The elevator stopped on floor 13. Kiara wasn't going for fresh air. Seeing the haunting image of Matron Supreme reflected in the window, just a few feet away from all her friends reminded her why she needed to be training. She had to get stronger to protect them. Stepping into the small, dark room, she was greeted by the familiar, pleasurable sensation that being around the orb always brought her. She could definitely see how it could become intoxicating, but the real addicting quality of the orb was the fact that Kiara could see how it was improving her telepathy. 

"No more goofing off. Let's get down to business." Kiara stated. The orb seemed to bob up and down as if agreeing with her. Kiara plunged her mind into its strange consciousness, holding nothing back. 

The next few hours were spent in a blur. She would delve into the orbs mind only to be met with a psychic wall and be forced to retreat. Again and again this process repeated. Sometimes she made it further than others. There were times she found weaknesses in the psychic walls and exploited, though they were few and far between. For the most part, her training consisted of entering the orbs mind only to be forced back out moments later. It was simplistic work, and yet tedious and tiring.

Kiara found her hair matted to her forehead. Even though she hadn't moved in several hours, her breathing had started to come in uneven gasps and her eyelids drooped from exhaustion. "Perhaps enough for tonight." She finally admitted, beginning to withdraw from the orb's consciousness. She had made it deeper into the orb than ever before and was quite proud of herself, although, admittedly, was having some difficulty finding her way back out.

Just as Kiara had severed the mental link between herself and the sphere, she felt an odd sensation. "Ow." She declared, her hand flying to her temple as a sharp pain spread throughout her mind. She immediately raised psychic defenses, which she had let down in the wake of her extreme mental training. The pain quickly subsided and sensation passed. Kiara couldn't help but wonder if she imagined it. It wouldn't be the first time her mind had played tricks on her in the past few days.

"I'm going to bed." She grumbled to herself, shrugging the experience it off. If she was still experiencing symptoms in the morning, she'd put in a call to Sybil. 

Cygnus blinked in surprise as Ben correctly guessed the meaning of his name. Swan. For a moment, a storm of unbidden images swam before his eyes, as if he had been sent back hundreds of years in time to that fatal night. The elegant chateau that had been his childhood home, with its strong walls and graceful towers. The massive full moon hanging in the sky, casting its celestial light upon the lake below. The way he had stared at his own reflection on its rippling surface, not understanding at first, until at last his eyes had widened in horror, an inhuman cry of utter loss tearing itself from his throat.

The boy known as Valérian De Raine had died that night. He, Cygnus, was all that remained. A cold and bitter shadow of his former self. A pathetic imitation.

Fortunately, Kiara chose that moment to knock over a tray of beverages, forcing him out of his dark reverie.

"Maybe someone wants to show Ben to a guest room?" she asked, clearly trying to divert attention from her sudden bout of clumsiness. "I think, um, I'll just grab some, uh, fresh air."

And with that, the young heroine all but fled, her head down, avoiding her teammates' inquisitive gazes. Cygnus sighed as the elevator doors closed behind her. Looks like he wasn't the only one out of sorts at the moment. Still, she was right—taking Ben to his new room would give him something to do. Something that wasn't dwelling on the past.

"Come on, then," he murmured, waving his hand, indicating that the newest member of the team should follow.

Moments later, the pair stood in front of one of the guest rooms in the boys' hallway, a few doors down from the other Titans' rooms.

"I'm sure Sybil will send your stuff sometime within the next few days," Cygnus said, entering the necessary code to unlock the door, which beeped faintly before promptly sliding open. "In the meantime, however, I'm afraid you'll have to put up with rather spartan accommodations. Make yourself at home."

At this moment, Kiara collapsed over on the drink tray. Benjamin noticed her reaction to the empty window: she was scared stiff. He couldn't say from what, but then again, it wasn't his place to ask. He watched as Kiara stood up and kept her gaze diverted from everyone as she left. Benjamin could only sigh slightly as he watched the troubled young girl leave the room.

Jeez, hope she'll be alright. Benjamin thought, before his attention was turned to Cygnus.

Without missing a beat, the new Titan followed Cygnus down the hall and stopped at a door. The young man began to enter a few things into the keypad and the door slid open quickly.

"In the meantime, however, I'm afraid you'll have to put up with rather spartan accommodations. Make yourself at home."

"As long as it's got light, a bed, a desk, and the gorgeous view of the city, I'll think I'll manage." Benjamin chuckled as he stepped into the room. It did indeed have a view of Aurora City, and a beautiful one at that. To the left he saw the neat and tidy made bed along with a closet near it. That was a good place as any to hang his Arachnid costume, obviously. To the right, he saw a small desk and chair not being of any use. A smile appeared on his face as he looked at it, before walking towards it, dropping his notebook and pen on it.

The room did need some adjustments and whatnot, but all in all, Benjamin was content with his new accommodations in Titans Tower. He turned back around to look at Cygnus, smiling. "It's perfect. Me and Charlotte love it!" he said, as Charlotte crawled on his shoulder again, before crawling down his hand and jumping onto the desk.

"Whoa, whoa, wait!"

"Defend yourself!" she cried out.

She danced in what felt like slow motion.  The way Altiana moved as she held that sword in her hand was magnificent.  It was like she wasn't attacking Alfonso, but luring him in.  A daunting, but elegant step led her in, her lips barely parting as she smiled with excitement.  Altiana seemed to flow, much like a river.  Here, in Alfonso's mind--rather, in Cal'gor--she was free.  There were no constraints on her abilities, her body, or her powers.  She was free to be content, and push until Alfonso's mind and body couldn't take anymore.  And he loved every minute of.  Shaking his head from a lethal daze, Alfonso managed to react in time, ducking over Altiana's swing.  While this was well done, he was met with a hilt to his back, sending him stumbling forwards and tripping over himself.

"You're uh--ehem," he said standing up and dusting himself off in the moonlight.  "You're pretty good with that thing."

She nodded.  "Thank you.  Though it's been some time since I've wielded the real thing, it feels so familiar.  But that's another story for another time.  Arm yourself, Alfonso."  He nodded in compliance, forming a simple straight sword in his hands, gripping it tightly.  Altiana giggled, lowering her stance.  "No, no.  You're not going to have a sword when you're fighting in Aurora City.  You need to fight me as though I'm an enemy of the Titans.  Fight me as you would another villain."

"With--with your powers?"

"Precisely.  I already know what I'm capable of, and more.  It is you who needs to practice it."

The blade faded in Alfonso's hands, and was instead replaced by an offensive, open handed stance of Alfonso's own.  "Okay.  I'm ready," he said confidently.  Altiana raised her sword again, lunging forwards at Alfonso.  Initially, Alfonso was overwhelmed.  He was quickly put on the defensive, forced to avoid most of Altiana's strikes.  He dodged well, but he couldn't find an opening.  "Don't focus on me.  Your attention should be on you.  It should be on what you can do in this situation," she said as she continued her offensive.

Alfonso slipped, forcing himself to backpedal as he avoided a strike at his abdomen.  Flipping backwards, he kicked upwards with force, catching Altiana's wrist by accident.  Her blade was thrown from her hand, but she didn't back down.  She went in with her fists this time, palming a star in her hand as she thrust it towards Alfonso's chest.  Alfonso met it with a star of his own, locking fingers with Altiana in a battle of perseverance now.  Alfonso managed to be the first to think of their next move, using his free hand to blast Altiana with attraction energy, causing her to lose her grip and stumble forwards.  He caught her in her fall with a direct blast from his own star squarely into her shoulder.  She reeled backwards, but caught herself during her rolling impact and managed to right herself quickly.  

When she raised her head again, she was met with more attraction energies, but this time was prepared.  A blast of repulsion energy countered Alfonso's own, putting them at a draw.  "That was quick thinking," she said panting.  Alfonso nodded, catching his breath.  "I can be innovative sometimes."

"But have you ever tried using your repel and attract together?"

Alfoson blinked, wiping sweat from his forehead.  "No actually.  What's it--hey, wait!"

"Because the target is bound in one place, they don't move, but you can make them spin around in place.  And it's pretty funny," she said twirling Alfonso about like a spinning top.  "No it's nooooooooooooooooooooot," he said dizzily as he spun around.

Altiana stopped Alfonso, catching him as he landed in her direction from his spinning fit.  "Well.  I think that's enough for now, don't you?" she said still giggling.  He gave Altiana a handshake.  "For now partner."  She accepted it graciously, only to be met with a push of repulsive energy at the last second.  "Gotcha," he joked.  "Well!"  Altiana gave chase after Alfonso, who had already begun trying to purposely break his concentration.  She chased him until he had restored his consciousness, shouting at him for the dirty trick he pulled.

"Oh, I'll get you back for that," she promised.  

Falling onto his bed from the air, Alfonso shook his head.  He was back in his room now, and everything seemed normal.  He looked to the clock on his wall, his eyes widening in horror.  "Fifteen minutes!?  What!?  No way!" he said falling back onto his bed.  He was truly exhausted, having fought for fifteen hours in his head, but only fifteen minutes outside.  "This is gonna take some getting used to."

"It's perfect. Me and Charlotte love it!" Ben said, clearly pleased with the room, while his pet spider promptly began exploring the area.

"I'm glad," Cygnus replied, trying his best to sound friendly—the newest member of the team was here to stay, after all. "I'll leave so you can have some privacy. I'll be in my room if you need anything, just a few doors down."

With a final wave of his hand, he turned and headed towards his own quarters, the door sliding shut behind him with a pneumatic hiss. He stood there for a moment in silence, his dark blue eyes drifting across the room, taking in its shimmering white walls and frosty ambiance. Searching. He just wasn't sure for what.

After a few seconds, he sighed and conceded defeat, kicking off his hunting boots and sliding onto his four-post bed. It had been a bizarre sort of day—waking up early for training, only to be unexpectedly presented with a new teammate and confronted with some of his most unpleasant memories.

Enough feeling sorry for yourself, he thought, shaking his head from side to side, white bangs flying, as if trying to dislodge something. There's no point in dwelling on the past.

"Computer," he said aloud, addressing the room's system, "access music library, playlist four."

At his words, music began to play from the room's unseen speakers, faintly at first, but stronger with each passing moment. Cygnus took a deep breath, crossing his legs and assuming a meditation position as the music swelled in invisible waves around him, a combination of delicate instruments and ambient sounds. He closed his eyes and kept them shut, letting his mind drift in tandem as his imagination began to construct matching images. A tall mountain, its frozen surface rearing high into a cold gray sky. Fields of lush snow, stretching out in all directions as far as the eye could see. A deep cavern of dark gray stone, littered with icicles, while a waterfall tumbled over the rocks with a soothing murmur.

"Karreylos Ethonim Cazar," he breathed, drawing upon his lunar magic, letting his thoughts give it shape and form.

A storm of shimmering silver bubbles blossomed across the room, drifting delicately through the air, like so many rose petals in the wind. Cygnus smiled faintly as he reached out with his mind, trying to shift the glowing spheres in a complex pattern without having them crash against each other. The exercise had absolutely no combat applications—rather, it was designed to test his magical awareness and control to their limits. Still, it was one of his favorites. For a moment, he was able to let go completely. Pure. Calm. Free.

"Well...that certainly was some sort of display...."  Blake said.  Everyone had left the Central Complex besides him and Kiara.  Cygnus had shown Ben to his room, and had probably retired to his himself.  Kiara had seemingly rushed away from the group, taking the elevator to some unknown destination.  He looked towards Roxie, the only one he had truly connected with so far...which was strange, seeing as how the two were day and night.  He cleared his throat and made sure his nose was clear of any blood.

"I don't know about you, but getting new teammates sure does leave one winded.  I'll let you get back to your...exercises?  I think i'll just stick to P900X."  Blake stretched his arms as he headed towards the men's hallway.  Now there was one more occupant here, but the place was always quiet.  Everyone was doing there own things quietly.  Cygnus was probably being artsy fartsy, Alfonso was consulting legal consultations to figure out his license ordeal, Blake was fidgeting around with gadgets and what have you, and Ben would probably just stick to writing.  Blake wondered..would he write their adventures down as some sort of legacy towards new titans?  If not, Blake would surely suggest it in the near future.  

His door slid open, and he entered back into his room.  It was dark..but he liked working in the dark.  After all, he had a handy dandy desk light built into his chest.  He removed the white t-shirt he placed on earlier, and went back to work on his suit.  

As all the Titans began to clear out of the living room, Roxie stood in silence. Just as quickly as all her friends had finally came together and were acting normal, they had dispersed, and gone back to their own solitary pursuits. Now left alone with her thoughts, Roxie couldn't help but feel a large pain her chest. Was she the only one that was worried about what Alfonso's situation would mean for the team-or what was left of the team after the last mission!? Or that wanted to sit down and talk to Kiara about whatever was STILL wrong with her? The former knight's thoughts then shifted to Ben, and the pain doubled, causing the corners of her eyes to begin to moisten slightly. Though she had initially been excited about the prospect of having another friend, Roxie now realized that she'd much rather fix what ever had gone wrong with the three she had now; they were her first after all.   

"I don't know about you, but getting new teammates sure does leave one winded.  I'll let you get back to your...exercises?  I think i'll just stick to P900X." Blake's voice chimed in, shaking her from her trance. Watching the Red haired boy make his way towards his room, the blonde remained uncharacteristically silent, only forcing herself to respond after he had made it to his door. "Alright, maybe I'll try benching you for a few next time," Roxie joked with forced enthusiasm. "Blakey-Poo." She added dryly just as his door closed. 

Left as the last one in the command center, and the only person heading to the girl's side of the tower, Roxie sighed before turning to walk towards her own room. As always, each step was followed by the sound of Arondite dragging across the tower floor, but only now did the bat's screech sound lonely in the eerily quiet tower. 

"Your only true companion shall be the blade you've been granted by your king..." 

End of Episode 2

teen_titans_communicator_logo_by_phaeton

GM Post: "It's All In Your Head" (Titans' Tower, 30th Floor, 2:23 A.M.)

[spoiler=GM Post]

The team had dutifully all trudged off to bed, the sense of excitement of getting a new teammate waxing and waning quickly as they each confronted the tangible reality that something was wrong with team. Well all of them except maybe Ben. He was new, it was understandable if he didn't pick up on the dysfunction between them all, but it was likely that he had. Which, of course, meant that the problem was only growing worse. Festering, like an open wound. Before long it would be untreatable. 

Kiara restlessly tossed about in bed, a thin layer of sweat moistening her brow. Choked words escaped her lips but they were to mangled to be heard. Then, in a flurry, she shot upwards in a panic, her eyes wide. Immediately, she looked to her mirror and had to clap a hand over her mouth to keep from screaming. The silhouette of Matron Supreme stood in the mirror, but that wasn't what frightened her. It was that Matron Supreme carried the limp body of a woman draped in her arms.

"I told you what I would do if you did not become strong."

iU8EggM.png

The elevator seemed to be taking longer than usual. Kiara tapped her foot impatiently, the bunny ears on her slippers flopping awkwardly. Dark bags encircled her eyes and she nervously rubbed her hands together.

"I've got to protect them." 

[THIRTEENTH FLOOR]

"Finally!"

[spoiler=OOC. Please Read.]

Finally we are starting this next mission! Your characters, currently are all asleep. So your next post should consist of them in bed. That's it, end of story... JK! Well...sort of! Your character should be dreaming! They shouldn't be aware that they are dreaming, not quite yet, but if you want them to be aware that something is...off then that is fine. Oh! And also, this dream has to be happy! No nightmares! 

The dream can be something outrageous, like unicorns and butterflies, or a memory. Be creative! Be symbolic! Pull out your psychology textbook and give me some funked up Freud sheet!!!

Archived