Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods (IC/Limited Acceptance/S/PG-16)

Ren✧

BGM

After introducing Ben to his temporary room, Cygnus spent the rest of the evening in his own quarters, meditating and practicing his lunar magic. Deeply soothing as the exercise was, it was also mentally strenuous, meaning that by the time he finally hopped into bed, the young Titan was pleasantly exhausted. He lay there for a moment, drowsily contemplating the moonlight that shone through the windows, bathing the four wooden posts of his bed, until the carved swans seemed to come alive, taking flight around him in a flurry of silver feathers.

iU8EggM.png

"Valérian! Dépêche-toi, vite!"1

The childish voice tugged at him insistently, urging him to follow. He opened his eyes, drinking in the lush colors of the wood that surrounded him, dark green and bright gold and red-brown mixed together, rich yet somehow blurred, like an impressionist painting. Craning his neck, he could just make out the tallest tower of the chateau, barely visible, shining faintly above the pines. Birdsong drifted in sweet waves through the air, an irresistible chorus that seemed to pull at his feet, calling him deeper into the shadow of the trees. His first instinct was to obey, yet for a moment, he lingered, uncertain, a very different set of images hanging before his eyes like a thin veil, growing fainter with each passing moment. A white-walled room with dark wooden furniture looking out towards the sea, and there—a massive T-shaped tower, rising into the night sky...?

"Valérian! Viens!"2

Again the voice. Turning around, he caught sight of a small figure, half-hidden behind a tree, long dark hair falling over her shoulders, motioning at him. Her pale blue dress was wrinkled and spattered with dirt, its long sleeves rolled up, while her dark blue eyes flashed with impatience and excitement in equal amounts. A faint and mischievous smile curved her rosebud lips, as if she had a secret that only she knew.

He giggled at the sight, unaware that his own voice was childish and high-pitched. Already, the images of the strange T-shaped tower and the cold white room were fading from his mind, like a bad dream.

"Mais qu'est-ce que t'as fait à ta robe!" he called to his sister, still laughing as he advanced. "Tu vas bientôt avoir des ennuis avec maman!"3

"Tu vas pas lui dire, non? Donc aucun problème!" Odette replied, smiling as he came to a halt next to her. "Alors viens, suis-moi! J'ai un truc à te montrer, tu vas adorer!"4

Taking his hand, the young girl pulled him along with her, deeper into the heart of the woods.

[spoiler=Learn French with Cygnus: Today's Lesson]

Hurry up, Valerian! Quick!

Come!

What have you done to your dress?! You're gonna get in trouble with mom!

You're not gonna tell her, right? So no problem! Come on, follow me! I have something to show you, you're gonna love it!

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alfonso was fast asleep, vivid images running through his mind.  He had gotten much older, and had matured into a fine adult.  His old jacket hanged in the back of his closet, as a reminder of his past.  He smiled, feeling nostalgic.  He dusted off the color of the jacket, before sliding his other clothes in front of it; clothes he didn't recognize.  A suit?  With a neat red tie.  And a jogging suit.  There was a matching green and purple bandanna hanging over its front.  Most of his belongings had his initials embroidered into them, for him to identify.  Alfonso continued browsing through the clothes, finding things he never thought he would wear.  But as he went through his closet, things became more and more. . .feminine.  He'd gone from male suits to skirt suits.  Ladies pants suits, and dresses.  A dinner gown, and lingerie?  Very nice lingerie at that.  A track suit?  This was all so. . . out of place.  And who's home was this?  Why were his things--this was his house?  

"Alfonso!  Could you come here a minute?" called a lady voice from the innards of the house he was in.

That was a voice he didn't recognize.  "Uh, coming--wha--is that my voice?  It's so. . .deep, and . . old.  sheet.  Uh, c-coming--dear?  Yeah, coming dear," he said to the one who called to him.  He turned around to be greeted by a large bed, obviously king sized.  It was dressed in soft white bed sheets and a slightly untamed light blue bed spread.  Instinctively, he went over to fix the spread, and straighten the bed.  The room was fully furnished, as Alfonso noted by stubbing his big toe as he made his way past an elongated dresser.  After repairing the spread, he turned back to the dresser, only to look up into a rather fancy mirror.  It was a solid white oak mirror, and it was at least four feet tall.  Shocked at his own appearance, Alfonso made his way over to the mirror.

He rubbed his face, noticing the trimmed facial hair, and five o'clock shadow.  He brushed his hair, noticing an unusual but neat hair cut adorned him.  And his hands.  They weren't black anymore.  How odd.  Other than that, he was able to recognize himself.  Good ol' Alfonso.  

"Alfonso?  Alfonso, didn't you hear me calling?  You nut," said the lady voice as she stepped into their bedroom.  Something was familiar about this voice.  There was a distinct but lightly hanging accent on the end of it, but Alfonso was easily used to it for some reason.  Still poking at his image, Alfonso took a moment to even check his teeth.  "Yep.  Still the same," he said confused.  Was he dreaming?  No, this was far, far too realistic.  He could feel everything around him--from the cold air being blown by the air conditioning unit, to the touch of a woman's hand on his face.  

"Yes, you're still the same," she said brushing his face.  "What are you doing?  We have to get going.  They'll be starting in twenty minutes," she said stepping behind him.  Her face was obscured by his back, as she dusted off his collar.  "Why are you covered in lint?  Were you fooling with that old jacket again?" she said laughing.  "Old ja--oh you mean that," he said laughing.  "N-no, I'm not sure actually, heh."  She stood up straight, revealing her face.  Her white hair brought out her lovely blue skin in a rather radiant way.  Alfonso couldn't believe what he was seeing.  She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, as a polite smile curled from her lips.  She kissed him on the cheek, asking, "Ready to go?"

Alfonso almost froze in place, turning around slowly, taking her by the hands.  "Altiana?"  She was wearing a black skirt suit, her hair draped lazily over the back of the suit.  He brushed her hair, examining her face closely.  She hadn't changed a bit.

She raised an eyebrow, questioning his sudden movements.  "Yes, Alfonso?"

He shook his head.  "How is this possible?  I mean--wait--what's going on?"

She sighed, putting his hands down.  "I know its difficult, but I didn't think it would affect you this way.  But you need closure, Alfonso," she said turning him around.  "Come on, we're going to be late," she said ushering him out of their bedroom door.

*SLAM*!  

Blake woke up abruptly.  His face had smacked right dab onto his desk.  He had been up late again, playing with his suit yet again.  "Just...*yawn*...some more modifications and it should be alright."  He looked at the clock on his desk.  It was already two in the morning.  He then looked to his bed.  It looked so cozy...and he hadn't been sleeping in it for the longest time.  Rather he slept in his desk chair, which was still pretty comfy in it's own right.  He slowly picked himself up, and face planted into his bed.  "I'll get to it...*yawn*...tomorr..."  He couldn't even finish his sentence before he passed out.

"Congratulations Mr. Bradsborn!  You've successfully integrated it!"

Blake rubbed the back of his messy red hair.  "Hah, come on guys.  I couldn't have done it without you!"  Zero gravity was sure weird, and it had gotten Blake some time to getting used to.  But here he was, on the International Space Station.  He had always wanted to get here ever since he was little, and he had just converted it's power source to that of his own invention, the Black Box.  The astronauts surrounding him clapped with glee on their face.  The Black Box would last them ages.  Blake hadn't even been payed to do this.  He instead did it on his own volition, as a fellow Connoisseur of science.

He returned to Earth quickly, and was showered with awards and parties.  It was everything he wanted, being recognized as the young genius he was.  That's all he wanted really...not the money...but the recognition.  Praise him!  PRAISE HIM!  For he is the savior of humanity!  What would he work on next to benefit humanity?  He hadn't really thought about it up to this point.  Maybe he would build some sort of Exo-suit that made ordinary people super heroes...nah that sounded too ridiculous.

After all of his prior engagements had been satisfied, he returned home.  A quaint two story house that hid away a laboratory in the basement.  

"Hello boy-genius!"  That's strange...his mother never greeted him like that before.  He shrugged it off and smiled.  

"Hi mom...gotta save humanity...be in the basement."  After walking downstairs, he looked in a full body mirror.  Clippings of news articles with any inkling of his name were spread on the outside the edges of the mirror.  He admired his face, glancing at the clippings from time to time, perfect as always.  "Well Blake...how will they celebrate our genius next time?"

Yawning rather brutishly, Roxie stretched both arms high above her head, before sliding out of her bed’s luxurious silken sheets. Too lazy to bother trying to find her slippers, the blonde retrieved Arondite from under her pillow before walking barefoot to her window and sleepily pushing her curtains to the side in order to greet the day. 

“Hello world, Roxie’s back…” She announced her awakening to the beautiful Aurora city skyline, just as she did every morning before sliding into the bathroom to brush her teeth. Starring at her reflection in the mirror, Roxie couldn’t help but noticed how worn out she looked; her blond mane was frizzy and mashed down to one side, and her eyes were puffy as if she’d been crying in her sleep. For moment, the former knight considered taking the time properly groom herself, but instantly dismissed the notion after realizing that she probably wouldn’t be seeing her friends around the tower anyway…

Sighing, Roxie dropped her toothbrush into the sink and rinsed before moving towards her room’s exit.  Stepping towards the door, the blonde began to mumble to herself. “I could make them all breakfast… then they’d have to come ou-“ Roxie found her sentence cut short, as the door hissed open to reveal a eloquent Romanesque hallway in place of what would normal have led to the towers command center.  Eyes wide, Roxie tried her best to make sense of the situation, only to be further thrown into confusion by the sudden wave of silver bubbles that seemed welcome her from the far end of the hallway. Though part of her recognized the bubbles almost immediately, try as she did, Roxie couldn't name the source of the magic or even where she'd seen them before.

Allowing one of the bubbles to float only inches from her face, Roxie brought her hand upwards and jammed her index finger into the bizarre construct, causing it quiver then burst, releasing an all too familiar voice. “I know how much you Americans love your snacks…“ 

Smirking at the memory of the first time she had entered Titan’s Tower, Roxie began moving down the castle-like hallway, popping more bubbles with each step.

"I'm Roxie, but you can call me Havoc when we're kicking ass and what not."

"BLAAAAAAKKEEEEE!"

“I think I’ll just call you, Alfy! Like the alien…”

"Oiii, Frenchy-love~ I saw you shake'en your tail feathers out there!"

"You've already met my Kiara..."

Before she knew it, Roxie had neared the end of the hall, her face bright from having been reminded her adventures with her friends. Though her smile soon faded slightly upon finally reaching the end of her literal walk down memory lane."hm?" Standing at the edge of the Romanesque hallway, Roxie was forced to shield her eyes from the impossibly bright light that took the place the command center. 

"Did you want me to drive?"

Alfonso shook his head.  Truth be told, he didn't recall how to drive.  Yet, sitting behind the wheel, he instinctively was able to operate the vehicle without incident.  Starting the car, Alfonso and Altiana buckled their seat belts, as they backed out of the driveway.  

It was cool out that day, a crisp autumn breeze sending a slight chill down his spine.  As Alfonso backed out of the driveway, he turned to Altiana.  "Where are we headed, d-d-uh-dear," he said trying not to make things awkward.  He still was unsure about this entire situation.  She placed a hand on his lap, giving his knee a gentle squeeze.  Sighing, she instructed Alfonso.  "Head down this road, and go up Fortson Road.  We'll have to take the back way with all the construction going on around Aurora."

Aurora?  So they were still in Aurora City.  That was a huge relief for Alfonso.  Nodding, he put the car in drive, and followed Altiana's instructions.  They found themselves now on a country road, an orchard of apple trees cascading around them.  Altiana was quiet, only occasionally piping up to tell Alfonso where to turn, or sighing softly to herself.  It was like she was fighting back tears.  "Hey, you okay?" he asked her, taking his eyes off the road for only a quick glance at Altiana.  They came to a stop sign, and Altiana sneakily wiped a tear from her face.  "I'm fine, sweetie," she said with a hand on his lap again.  This time, Alfonso looked down at Altiana's hand.  What he saw sent a rush of excitement, confusion, and anxiety.  He finally noticed a similar object on his left hand, which he used the least.  Two wedding bands.  They had gotten hitched, as the kids say.  He smiled, taking her hand in his own.  "Whatever it is, I'm sure we'll work it out," he said stepping on the gas again.

Altiana nodded silently, as the sky above them grew cloudy.  The gray clouds over took the sun quickly, eclipsing it in an eerie fashion.  As they continued down the back roads of Aurora, Alfonso felt a bit ill.  His stomach churned a bit, as he made the turns that Altiana instructed him to.  "There it is," she said pointing to a large brick structure, on the outskirts of town.

There, perched precariously on the hillside, was a tiny red brick church, with stained glass windows, and a small rose garden on its outside.  A row of cobblestone bricks led those who would enter, and a small but quaint parking lot was marked just feet away.  Dozens of people had already arrived, most of them dressed in black suits.  "Wait, is it Sunday?" Alfonso asked, parking their vehicle.  Altiana stepped out of the car, unable to answer.  Alfonso stepped out behind her, closing and locking the car with his key.  He straightened his tie, as Altiana approached.  "You look. . . fantastic, Altiana."  She smiled as best she could, taking Alfonso by the hand.  "Come on, let's go," she said tugging his hand gently.

Alfonso nodded, following his wife closely.  The first thing he noticed upon stepping inside the church, was a banner of flowers, neatly placed over a placard on a stand to the right of the entrance of the church.  Many other flowers accompanied it, large bouquets covering up one another.  And that's when it hit him.

"Altiana.  Altiana this is a fu--"

"I know, Alfonso.  You're still shaken up.  Come on, you have to say your goodbyes.  That was the deal."

Alfonso's eyes zoned into the center of the church.  There, lay were five coffins, all in a row.  They were slightly overshadowed by the choir above them.  Alfonso was confused.  Why were they at a funeral?  Altiana continued tugging gently at Alfonso's hand, occasionally looking back to him.  It seemed like getting to the pulpit was taking an awful long time.  And for some reason, he could feel eyes following him.  Who were these people?  Why were they at the funeral, and why were they looking at him as if he were some kind of monster?  "Altiana.  Altiana!" he whispered loudly.  He pulled her back to him.  She flinched, as if he were about to strike her.  "What--Altiana?  What's going on?  Who's funeral is this?"

She looked away, turning her head to the coffins ahead, then back to Alfonso.  "How could you forget, Alfonso?" she said tearing up.  "I don't know if you're doing this to hurt me, or if you are just so shaken that your memory has gone," she said pulling away now. She turned her back to Alfonso, and made her way to the coffins ahead.  Altiana made her way forward, leaving Alfonso to reach out to her in question.  "Altiana, I--"

"See for yourself, if you don't remember," she said standing slightly to the side.  Alfonso made a slow approach, his eyes widening with horror as he got a full view of the coffins and their contents.  He nearly collapsed, stumbling forward and falling to a knee as he reached the forward most coffin.  He couldn't find the strength to utter their names, as his mouth became dry, and his eyes became soaked in tears.  He struggled to his feet, looking up and down the row with anger, fear, regret, and confusion.  "You really don't remember, do you?" Altiana said, ushering someone forward, behind Alfonso.  The next thing he knew, Alfonso was being lifted up, and heavy bindings were over his wrists and ankles.  

"You did this, Alfonso.  You brought this upon these people.  You brought this upon yourself," Altiana said breaking down into tears as her voice cracked.  There, before Alfonso's eyes were his old teammates.  Roxie, Kiara, Blake, Cygnus, and Benjamin.

All of them, dead.

The day had arrived, the arachnid stepped forward into the world that the knight of light spoke of. Before him were those like him. A chivalrous prince of swans, one who housed a goddess of the stars, a man of robotics, a light filled arcane, and a beautiful golden haired knight. These five welcomed the spider with open arms, bringing him into their fold with warm tidings. And now, a dawn awaits the arachnid, his future finally unfolding into the story he hoped for.

He put the pen down and closed the small journal, as he looked to his left and saw Charlotte clapping her front legs. "I guess you approve of the second chapter of my tale, Charlotte?" Benjamin smiled as he stood up from the desk and turned off the small lamp on it. He stretched some before making his way towards his bed, laying down with a yawn, his eyes beginning to slowly drift close...

"On your left, Kudo!" Arachnid quickly jumped into the air, above a man holding a sword, as he kicked another man in a ski mask holding a machete.

"I had him." the man scoffed as he brought his sword up and clashed against another man's machete. "Besides, been doing this A LOT longer than you have!"

"And that's probably why your doing a sloppy job!" Arachnid laughed, dropping to the ground, sweep kicking another man, before punching him in the face, knocking him out in the process.

"I'm going easy on these idiots!" he yelled back, before sighing. "Alright then...PROTECT THE INNOCENT, LIBERATOR!!!" The sword in his hand began to glow brightly, as he was instantly changed into a knight with white and gold armor, before he struck out at the group of machete wielding guys.

Arachnid just stood there, watching Liberator do his thing, just clapping in approval. He looked at the group of guys he subdued, seeing his spiders already spinning their webs around them. However, Arachnid could only pause and look back at Liberator...something about this...felt familiar. A deja vu moment, if you will. In actuality, this was the first time Liberator, Jaden Kudo, and him worked together back in Starling City.

He wondered why this was happening, but he shrugged off the feeling...that was until he heard a familiar voice.

It seems like your story is going well, storyteller.

Arachnid quickly turned around, seeing the spidery appearance of Anansi. He stood there silent, seeing the one who gave him the ability of being the living hive in the first place. But...why was he here? He wasn't here in Starling City when he was Arachnid and working with Liberator...so why now...?

Kiara probably should have noticed the signs long before she did. Kiara had already opened the door to her private training room before she felt the difference in the psychic energy, but by then it was too late. As the door swung open, she immediately felt the mental presence of the orb press up against her own, fortunately she had, had enough warning to raise her own defenses. Still, the psychic attack was brutal, forcing her to throw up every mental barrier she had. Then, just as suddenly as the attack had begun, it stopped. The psychic spear that the orb had thrust into her cerebellum retracted, leaving her relatively unharmed. 

"Sybil? Are you doing this? Is this part of the training?" She asked aloud, wondering if maybe her supervisor was watching from unseen camera or if he was somehow controlling the orb. She cast a nervous glance at the orb, unsure if she should continue. Something was still very...off. There was something about the mental assault that had felt so...violating. It reminded her of mental drills the Night Sisters would run on her to prep her mental defenses. Brutal, destructive, and yet calculating and precise. She shivered.

The thought of the Night Sisters filled her with new resolve and reminded her of why she had come. "...to get stronger." She muttered to herself. Kiara delved into the orbs consciousness, and within a moment knew she had made a mistake. A series of images flew passed her line of sight. A man with a sword fighting what appeared to be lowly criminals. A number of open coffins, though she couldn't quite make out who was inside of them. A young girl she did not recognize. A hallway filled with bright, luminous bubbles. And a number newspaper clippings. Then, darkness. 

iU8EggM.png

"Ms. Kohanek gave me a 100 on my paper that I wrote!" Kiara exclaimed, bursting through the family's apartment door, her paper held high overhead. Kiara's mom turned to greet her daughter with a beautiful smile and immediately scooped her up in her arms. The older woman peppered her daughter with kisses, which caused Kiara to squeal with delight, though she pretended not to like it. Today was a rare day. Her mother usually had to work all day and late into the night, so a moment like this had to be cherished.

"I'm so proud of you." She praised, her voice warm and soothing. "What was the paper on?"  She inquired, taking it out of the 12-year old's hands. 

"It's about how I want to grow up to heal people, like you mama." Kiara explained, moving into the kitchen rummaging through the fridge, returning with two sodas. "I'm gonna go see, Daphne, now." Kiara left the room, moving deeper into the apartment, leaving her mother with a smile as she proudly placed the paper on the fridge.

iU8EggM.png

The orb ghosted over the collapsed form of Kiara. It wouldn't be able to move too far away from Titans' Tower for awhile, not if it wanted to ensure that the Titans were trapped in their respective dreamscapes. The telepath, immortal, and alien host in particular would require extra attention. They each posed unique concerns that threatened the orbs plan at escape, at freedom. For now, there was no reason but to let them enjoy whatever fantasy their imaginations cooked up for them. The next phase of the plan would come in due time. 

[spoiler=OOC. Please Read. ]

Okay, so just continue with your dreams everyone. This mission is your chance to explore some background in your character that you might not get to otherwise. So if you feel inclined to go that root, go for something that would otherwise be insignificant. It's also your chance to be somewhat silly. It is a dream, after all! Live out your wildest fantasy. I'm trying to take it easy on the GM Posts, giving you guys some creative freedom here. 

If you need some more content, throughout your post you can have your character slowly realize that they are in a dream. Let me clarify that I don't want to see a sudden epiphany moment, but if you guys want to slowly notice that you're in a dream at this point, go for it!!

Odette seemed to glide over the landscape like a spirit as she pulled him along, her feet barely touching the ground, unhindered by the brambles and unseen roots that snared his own. With a cry, Valerian fell forward, barely managing to catch himself in time. He got to his knees slowly, panting slightly, trying to catch his breath. How long had they been running? An hour? A week? A year? He couldn't say. Around him, the chorus of birdsong had faded, leaving a rather heavy silence in its wake.

"Mais où est-ce que tu m'amènes?"1 he asked, looking up at his sister.

"On y est," she replied happily, coming to a halt and offering him a hand, helping him back to his feet. "Tiens, regarde!"2

She pointed across from them towards a gap in the trees, through which they could just make out the surface of water. Advancing slowly towards the shore, he saw that she had taken him in a wide winding path around the lake, so that they stood directly across from the chateau on the opposite bank. Somehow, the sun had set while they had been running, leaving the scene shrouded in twilight, with a faint mist hanging over the still waters.

But wait, no, that couldn't be right—the sun had been high in the sky only a few moments ago. What was going on? Valerian's mind struggled for a few moments to make sense of the situation.

"C'est beau, tu trouves pas?"3 Odette asked him, breaking the silence as she took his hand. For all their running, hers was still dry and cool to the touch.

"Oui, en effet,"4 he replied softly, his gaze fixed on the chateau, tracing the elegant outlines of its architecture, shining through the mists, as if searching for another answer.

"Et regarde là, dans l'eau," she giggled, pointing again, this time towards the lake, whose waters were as unnaturally still and perfect as a mirror. "On peut se voir l'un et l'autre."5

His eyes strained for a moment until at last he caught sight of them. There! Two children reflected in the water, with the same dark hair, blue eyes, and full lips, almost completely identical, save for their clothing.

Yet for a moment, another reflection seemed to appear before his eyes, shimmering and fragile. A pale young man with high cheekbones and a shock of white hair. He was dressed in elegant gray silks and wore a magnificent silver headdress, fashioned to resemble a swan.

A swan... Why is that important? he asked himself, struggling to recognize the figure. Where have I seen him before?

1 Where are you taking me?

2 We're here. Come on, look!

3 Pretty, don't you think?

4 Yeah, I guess so.

5 And look, there, in the water, we can see ourselves.

Kiara opened the door to her sister's room. Daphne was laying in bed, as usual, propped up with a coloring book in her lap. "I brought you something to drink." Kiara announced, stepping into the room. Her sister stopped color, her face lighting up at the sight of her sister. Daphne didn't get to spend much time with other kids. Most of her day was spent resting, the other part being poked and prodded by doctors. Kiara was Daphne's only true friend. Likewise, Kiara's closest friend was her sister. The two were inseparable. 

Setting the soda near her sister's bedside, Kiara looked to see what her sister was drawing. "What is it?" She asked intrigued. 

"A tiger." Daphne answered plainly, but Kiara cocked an eyebrow in confusion. Scrawled in the book was most definitely not a a tiger. In fact, the only thing on the page was a black circle with purple lines drawn radiating from it. Somehow, the image looked familiar. However, before Kiara could get a good look at it, her sister closed the book. "So, what did Sybil give you on your paper today?" Daphne asked.

"Um, what?" Kiara responded, not sure if she had heard correctly.

"I said, what did Ms. Kohanek give you on your paper today?"

"Oh, right..." Kiara muttered, her eyes becoming downcast, she ignored her sisters question. Moving to the window, she looked out on what should have been a familiar Houston street corner, but that wasn't the case. For one thing, in the fifteen minutes she had been home from school, night had fallen. For another, instead of the urban life that should have accompanied the view from window, she was now looking out into a bay where a tall tower in the shape of a T stood ominously dark against a backdrop of stars.

"I've gotta get some air."

Blake had done it once again!  He lifted the rather large eye glass that made it easier to take a peak at his latest invention.  It looked almost like a bug of sorts, and it was on the cellular level.  "With this...we'll be able to detect genetic irregularities in zygotes before the third trimester!"  He had to tell this news to his parents.  He rushed up from his lab chair and made his way towards the stairs.  Scaling the stairs seemed to take forever, like he was rushing towards infinity itself!  No matter, Blake had to do it!  He had to keep running!

After a monotonous climb, he finally bursted out of the door, only to be met with the Central Complex of Titan's Tower.  "Strange...where is everyone?"  He had seemingly forgotten about the excellent news he had to report.  He looked around the room with no one to be seen.  After he turned back, his comrades had appeared in front of him.  This was certainly the strangest thing that had happened tonight...wait..tonight?

The stares he was getting from his teammates were more like daggers.  They looked to the floor, and he did the same.  A pile of electronics, resembling his suit, lie there on the floor, sparking and smoking.  Cygnus smirked.  "Well...now that your suit is broken....what use are you to us?"  His other teammates had the same expression Cygnus wore, a look of superiority.  Like they were looking down on him as a person.  

"Well...I can just fix this and..."  The pile was gone now, dust in the wind.  "Well I can just make a new one..."

"How long's that going to take huh Blakeypoo?  A couple of months?"  Roxie had never been that mean to him, it made Blake recoil in shock a bit.  

"It should only take two weeks at most...I can-"  

"Two weeks?!  You'll be useless for that long?"  Kiara was the next to ridicule him.  Alfonso hooked his arm around Ben's neck.  

"Why would we need you when we've got him?  Six is a crowd man."  They were right...what was he without the suit besides Mr. Fixit?  His eyes began to water.

"I thought-"  His voice started to crack.  

"You thought what?  That we were friends?"  Cygnus went off again.  "Why would we want to be friends with a self-centered, arrogant punk like yourself?  You're not wanted around here anymore!  Allez-vous en1!"  A rumble startled him, and he looked in his pocket.  A Communicator of sorts with the initials DM replaced the usual T.  He looked up to the Titans, who were now all dawned in their own armor, similar to Blake's.  "You aren't special Blake.  You aren't like us, and you never will be."  This might've been Cygnus' true feelings towards him, but he couldn't accept that of the others...this had to be a lie.

[spoiler=Learn French with Cynus: Today's Lesson]

1: Go away

"Hey!  Let me go, God damn it--ugh!" he was tossed against concrete and slid into his holding cell.  The bars were shut behind him, as he scrambled to get to his feet.  "I didn't kill those people!  You hear me!?  Hey!" he called to the police officers who had turned their backs to him.  They walked away, ignoring Alfonso's cries as he yelled at them.  He kicked at the jail cell bars, furious at the incident.  His friends were . . dead.  He had to accept that, as reality.  And with his hands confined to these black cylinder contraptions, he couldn't bend his way out of jail either.  He fell onto the bed, his brain racked with questions.  How did they die?  Blake wore a suit of armor almost everywhere he went.  It's not like he was struck by a bullet and killed.  Now, Roxie wasn't exactly the type to go down without a fight.  Cygnus was filled with all kinds of powerful magic, so taking him down was no easy task.  Ben could probably web his way to freedom, pretty easily.  And Kiara was essentially the Wonder Woman of this day and age, minus the shackles.  How does one manage to take down five super powered individuals, and get away with it?  And furthermore, why was he the primary suspect?  Altiana spoke of a deal of some kind.  What deal?  He didn't recall anything prior to today.

Alfonso was a crime fighting hero.  He was apart of a team he could never betray, purely out of his love for them.  And he was married to an admittedly attractive alien from another planet.  So what went wrong?

"Wait a minute," he said sliding his back against the prison wall beside his bed.  "I know I'm married to Altiana, but--how the hell did she get a body?"  Alfonso looked around, dazed and confused in his cinder block holding cell.  Altiana was meant to be bound to Alfonso forever, or the very planet would face drastic consequences!  Something wasn't right.  His head suddenly began pounding with pain, as he fell over onto his pillow.  Immense pressure was now exerted onto his head, and Alfonso could feel himself losing consciousness.  He struggled valiantly to stay awake, but something was dragging him under.  "Gotta figure out. . . .what this is," he said as his head nodded, and he fell into a deep slumber.

"I know you, don't I?" Kiara asked, stepping up to the cloaked figure. Though she knew she should be, she wasn't afraid. The figure simply nodded, thrumming their fingers gently on the stained leather-bound book they held in their hands. Kiara felt as though she recognized the book, but couldn't exactly place where she had seen it before. Perhaps it was something her mom had it read. Or maybe something she'd seen at the school library... No. It was something else. 

"What's your name?" Kiara further questioned, her curiosity growing hungrier as she stared into the dark recesses of the hood.

"You know my name." The voice was definitely that of a woman, one that had seen many years and yet still couldn't be categorized as 'old', as there was still much youth, much power in the way she spoke. 

"Supreme." Kiara said through clenched teeth as certain memories began to return to her. Perhaps she should just go home. Yes, that was a good idea. She should just go home. As the word 'home' crossed her mind, the lights in the tower across the bay suddenly flickered to life, casting its yellow hue on Kiara and Supreme. 

"Matron Supreme, actually, but yes, child. I'm so proud of how strong you've gotten."

Kiara's eyes narrowed. "You're proud of how strong I've gotten?"

"A-Anansi?" Arachnid asked, only to see the figure of Anansi nod at him. He shook his head, lifting his goggles as he rubbed his eyes some. Yet again, his gaze saw the spidery figure of Anansi. "H-How...how is this even possible?"

Anansi smiled as he made his way towards Arachnid. Is it not obvious to you, storyteller? he asked, sighing slightly. Your trapped...your memory here proves it.

"Trapped? Trapped in what? By what? What are you talking about?!" Arachnid asked quickly, not sure he truly understood anything Anansi was saying right now.

Parallel Universe

Why speak? I may as well show you...as a fellow storyteller...

Great, Anansi was speaking in a way he couldn't comprehend, but nevertheless, Arachnid watched Anansi like a hawk. That's when it finally happened. The city of Starling seemed to almost fade to black and Jaden/Liberator along with the goons they fought...almost vanished. He wanted to speak, but watched as new things began to appear around him...

Nyame...thank you again. I will bless the world with these stories you have given me...

I know you will not fail me...Anansi...

Benjamin could see it clear as day. A memory...but...one not of his own. He would've remembered this...but he didn't. He just kept watching the two strange individuals speak, not sure to speak at all now.

To you my world...I give you these stories, may Nyame be blessed in it. the second individual, who looked spider like, spun a great web and let it descend upon the land, as if it was covering the earth. Now...

He seemed to turn to walk away, but he suddenly stopped, as if he was compelled to stop in mid tracks. Benjamin himself couldn't figure it out, but he soon noticed the first individual slowly walking towards him.

I am deeply sorry for this... he began.

N-Nyame!? What are you doing?! R-Release me...!!

I cannot...with your actions against the hornet, the leopard, and the snake...making you a god of stories and no less a deity was a poor decision. I cannot trust you, lest you turn your back on me and betray me.

N-No! Stop this...Nyame!!

I'm sorry, I truly am. But I must do this...Anansi. Suddenly, the first individual put his hand on the other's head, before he fell over limp and in a deep sleep. You will be awoken...but by one who can be trusted. If they shall read the inscription...they shall awake you too, storyteller.

Benjamin was met with nothingness as he looked around, definitely knowing what that was. It was Anansi's last memory...but Anansi here...? He shook his head as he ran his hand through his head. He was never there in Starling City with him and Jaden...was he? He shook his head, he couldn't remember. Then he thought for a moment. "I'll consult the journal...that'll give me an answer." Benjamin said, before pulling out his notebook.

The young man began to read the pages...then his face turned pale white. "W-What...the hell?!" he said, before looking up from the book. "That's what he was trying to say!"

“No,” Roxie mumbled in disbelief as the light finally dissipated, revealing a massive castle battlement carved from an unearthly black stone. “no, no, no, no, no…” She stammered as her gaze shifted to the sky. “Camelot.” Upon being met with the swirling purple vortex that took the place of the sky over the castle, the girl had no choice but submit to reality… somehow she had been returned to Camelot, the base of operations for the Knights of the Round Table, lair of a madman, and her old home. 

Tightening her grip around Arondite, the girl began slowly moving towards the far end of the battlement, where there seemed to be another door waiting for her.

“There you are!” Cygnus’s voice suddenly sounded from behind her, causing Roxie jump, before violently spinning around. However, the goose mage was nowhere to found. Instead, Roxie was presented with what would be a mirror image of herself, had she actually decided to go through the process of brushing her hair, applying makeup, and getting dressed in her usual attire. “We’ve been waiting for you, my dear…” The doppelgänger spoke again in Cygnus’s voice, leaning forward and flashing Roxie with her own smile as if nothing was amiss. 

Resisting the urge to take a swing with her bat, Roxie opened her mouth to speak, only to be cut off by another familiar voice. 

“She probably got lost,” The voice belonged to Alfonso this time. Turning to her left, Roxie was met with yet another doppelganger. Though this one dawned a suit of black armor with yellow trimming, and a series of glowing glyphs across the breastplate. “or got held up playing with those bloody bubbles.” This clone glared Roxie with eyes that burned with spite, and upon further inspection, she noticed that it’s face and hands were covered in bruises.

Nervous, Roxie forced her lips to curl into a fake smirk. “Oh, so we don’t like bubbles now?” She watched the copy with Alfonso’s voice for any signs of amusement, but instead was surprised to receive only a sigh full of disappointment. “You’re weaker now… you know that, right?”

“It’s not fair…” new voice sounded from her right. The owner was a small blonde girl with bright green eyes. She wore a large orange sweater that seemed to be at least three sizes too large, tattered jeans, and a pair of trainers that where obviously meant for a young lad. The girl stared up at Roxie intently, only to shift her gaze to the floor before the two could make eye contact.

"What's not fair, love?" Ignoring the others, Roxie got down on her knees and placed a hand gently on the little girl's shoulder.

"She want's to be normal." Before the little girl could form her response, Blake's voice appeared in a harsh whisper. "Couldn't say I didn't see this coming..." Roxie mumbled as she glanced over her shoulder. There she was met with yet another duplicate. Though this one seemed to be an exact copy of the imposter that had Cygnus's voice, or so she thought. Upon further inspection, Roxie realized exactly what was different about this copy... it's eyes were ablaze with a brilliant gold, and it's hands were painted a deep red that slowly dripped down into the black stone of the battlement. 

"What? You don't remember when your parents threw you ou-"

"Hey! No need for that, ya? You know how she get's when she's angry..." 

"Powerfull?" 

"A killer..." 

"H-Hey..."Roxie looked between the four faces- her faces-pleadingly.

"Does matter? It's just a dre-"

"Shush!"

"She wont figure it out on her own... not without help."

"What's wrong with a little help?"

Suddenly the duplicates began shifting into the true owners of their voices, melting away Roxie's features as if they were made from clay. Though their expressions never changed; Alfonso still gazed down at her as she was a complete disappointment, Blake stood ominously still as his hands continued to drip the crimson liquid, Kiara's gaze never left the floor, and Cygnus was still smiling as if nothing about the situation was bizarre at all. Gripping Arondite tightly, Roxie brought herself to her feet, only to be forcefully brought back down by sudden heaviness that took hold of the air around her. Her fellow Titans followed suit, falling to their knees one after the other as the air continued to grow dense. "No... not you." Roxie knew this sensation all too well, and understood that it could only mean one thing. 

A bolt of black lightning struck the battlement, and when it dissipated a figure stepped out of the smoldering crater. Unable to move her head, Roxie watch from her peripheral as the figure began slowly walking towards the group of bowing teens. Every step the man took seemed to add more weight to air, and by the time he halted is advance a mere four feet away from the Titans, Roxie found herself struggling to breath, his very presence slowly suffocating her. 

"It's been a long time, Lancelot." 

teen_titans_communicator_logo_by_phaeton

GM Post: "It's All In Your Head" (Titans' Tower, 1st Floor, 3:04 AM)

[spoiler=GM Post]

The dreams were becoming unstable, the orb could feel the Titans' slowly worming their way out of the psychic prisons it had crafted for them. It had expected this, to some extent at least, but it was worrying to see how fast they were all adapting to their respective dreamscapes. It had expected that the alien host's dual mind, the immortal's vast experience, and the telepath's adept psychic prowess to be obstacles, but even the others were making quick work of the dream prison. None of the data the orb had gathered from Kiara's mind in their training sessions had let it to believe that they would be this skilled at spotting the differences between dreams and realities, but it was of little consequence.

The closer the Titans to breaching reality, the more dangerous the dreams would become. Of course, that also meant that the orb would have to move even slower now. In order to keep the dreamscapes intact, it would have to divert most of its resources to the psychic hold it had on the six teenagers, or rather five teenagers and one centuries old immortal. 

Pausing in its flight from Titan's Tower, the orb's soft light grew intense as it focused on each of its captives individually. There was so much turmoil in each one, the orb was almost giddy as it began to feed on their despair. It had to contain itself though. All of their anguish, self-doubt, and fear would be their's to bear alone. It would be the only way for the plan to succeed. If everything went according to plan, they'd be destroyed by their own self-hatred. 

[spoiler=OOC. Please Read]

Alright, so the orb has kicked it up a notch. Our dreams should go from unpleasant to downright nightmarish, playing on your character's darkest emotions and memories. You are at liberty to initiate combat here with whomever you wish your adversary to be. That said, you don't have to fight, but there should be some form of conflict and eventual resolution. I am planning on two to three rounds of posting before the next GM Post, just to give you guys a gauge of what we're working with. 

The image of the pale-faced youth seemed to swim before his eyes, surrounded by a dazzling silver aura that grew stronger with each passing moment, until his crown shone like the moon. Valerian's eyes traced and retraced the graceful curve of the swan's neck, struggling to pronounce the words that seemed to dance on the tip of his tongue, maddeningly close but still out of reach.

"Prince... Des... Cygnes..."1 he murmured at last, so softly it was almost a whisper.

"Mm? Qu'a-t-il?"2 Odette asked absentmindedly, still looking out across the mist-shrouded lake towards the chateau, as if she were expecting something.

"Cygnus," he said, his voice growing stronger. "C'est bien mon nom. C'est moi. J'ai failli de l'oublier..."3

"Mais qu'est-ce qui te prend, Valérian?" Odette demanded, sounding concerned—and scared? "Tu te sens pas bien? Viens, on n'a qu'à rentrer à la maison, tu peux aller te reposer, maman et papa vont s'occuper de toi—"4

"Ils sont morts tous les deux, Odette," Cygnus replied quietly, pulling his hand out of hers. "Je les ai vus mourir, ils ont étés guillotinés. Et toi..."5

He met his sister's gaze with his own, tears brimming in his eyes, while hers were wide and frightened.

"Toi, t'es perdue. Il t'a enlevé, ce soir-là."6

At that moment, a hideous series of screams broke the heavy silence that hung upon them, echoing eerily across the lake, like a chorus of the damned. A power greater than his own seemed to tug at Cygnus' feet, forcing him to turn towards the source of the sound.

A tall figure appeared through the mists, advancing slowly—almost delicately—on the surface of the water, wreathed in a hooded cloak of shadow and flame.

Cygnus felt his blood turn to ice-water at the sight. Terror clawed its way up his throat like bile, a frantic panic that urged him to run, to hide. To live. Without another word, he caught hold of Odette by the hand, pulling her along with him, away from the specter, deeper into the forest.

1 Prince... Of... Swans...

2 Mm? What's the matter?

3 Cygnus. It's my name. It's me. I almost forgot...

4 What's wrong with you, Valerian? Are you feeling okay? Come on, let's go home, you can go rest, mom and dad will take care of you—

5 Both of them are dead, Odette. I saw them die, by the guillotine. And you...

6 You, you're lost. He kidnapped you, that night.

"W-What...the hell?!"

Benjamin kept flipping through the pages in his notebook, trying to see if it truly was what he thought. To his dismay, it was. Every single page in his notebook, the scene was the same. Every page he saw, he couldn't read. Letters placed out of whack, upside down, and in combinations that he couldn't understand, in any language. Enraged, the young teen slammed his book down on the ground, watching it almost fall through the ground.

"That's what he was trying to tell me..." Benjamin said, biting his lip. "I'm dreaming...trapped in a dream." He couldn't believe this. But he did thank Anansi quietly for giving him the chance to look through the notebook. If he wasn't dreaming, he'd be able to read every page perfectly and clearly. But... The human mind isn't exactly able to do this when dreaming. Two halves of the brain, one for dreaming...and the other for reading. He cursed under his breath, for failing not to see to notice this sooner. Benjamin turned on his heel and ran into the dark nothingness, watching it begin t shatter away like glass...

As the nothingness shattered, he found himself back into a city that looked like Aurora, but it seemed like things were coming unglued and breaking away. Must've been a sign that things were going to get back to normal. Unfortunately, it wasn't anytime soon...

Before the costumed teen, three silhouettes of creatures appeared: a hornet, a snake, and a leopard. Arachnid knew these three by heart, they were the three creatures that Anansi cunningly defeated for Nyame. However, before him, these three creatures began to morph and change. It was cringe worthy to watch, but as quickly as it started, it ended. Now before the hero stood the newly anthromorphic hornet, snake, and leopard.

"Well, if it ain't the three stooges! Buzzy, Coily, and Spot!" Arachnid chuckled, crossing his arms. "Guess your the last line of defense from me wakin' up!"

Kuvera

The three yelled and rushed towards Arachnid, who swiftly dodged the first strikes by the hornet. He leaped over the flying hornet, and landed feet first on the snake's head, whilst vaulting over the leopard with ease. "C'mon guys! Get good!"

The hornet buzzed and fly towards Arachnid again, trying to land a stinging hit at him. "Just...bbbbbuzz off, spider!!"

"Yikes, that was a bad joke!" Arachnid cringed as he backed up and sent his spiders to strike at the hornet, a good number of them injecting their paralyzing poison. However that victory was short lived, as the snake came from behind and began to hold him tightly in a constricting hug.

"I think thisssss isss a wrap!" the snake laughed, only causing Arachnid to groan.

"Bad joke, numero dos...jeez!" he said, before having the spiders leave the hornet and begin to attack the snake, as he let out a hiss of pain, quickly releasing Arachnid, allowing him to flip him over his shoulder. "That's two...now where's...?"

Arachnid got his answer as the leopard leaped up and pounced on him, pinning him to the ground. "Well...that was, spot on!" he laughed.

"Seriously? Damn, these bad jokes are nightmare central!" Arachnid said, struggling to get up, but couldn't. He feared that this would be the end for him...but surprisingly, it wasn't.

Suddenly, the city began to shake and almost tilt. Wait, tilt? Indeed the city was tilting and by the time they all knew it, the three creatures were now falling into the breaking buildings on their left, whilst Arachnid stuck to the streets, as if it were a wall.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?!" the three yelled in annoyance.

Arachnid kept quiet, before smirking under his mask. He didn't want to say this...he didn't want to... "Oh, just hanging around!" he finally said, before laughing as he shook his head. "Ya see...THAT'S how your suppose to tell a joke. Now...let's finish you three seven dwarfs rejects..." he said, as the spiders began to pour from him yet again, surrounding him and the street. "Like Lady Fortuna's wheel in the medieval writings...one day your on the bottom...and the next, your on top!" he said, before lunging towards the trio.

She wandered into the jailhouse, being directed by the peace keepers.  "Thank you," she whispered back, as she approached his cell.  "Wake up, Alfonso," Altiana called.  Stirred by the sudden mention of his name, Alfonso sat up slowly.  He rubbed his eyes, groggily mumbling to himself.  ". .  .get some Goddamn coffee around here. . .  lack of service. . . one star on Yelp--"

"Alfonso!" she barked.

He shook his head, waking with a start.  Massaging his temple, Alfonso's eyes cleared, as he stared at fully embodied Altiana.  "Oh yeah.  Forgot I was here," he said rolling his eyes.  Standing up, Alfonso approached the cell doors.  "What'd ya want?" he said nonchalantly.  Altiana forced a smile, trying her best to be concerned for him.  She reached out and held his hand, but Alfonso snatched it back.  "None of the sentimental stuff.  Tell me what you're here for."  He was growing more agitated by the minute, and it was plainly obvious.  Altiana sighed, grabbing onto the cold steel bars that separated them.  "Your hearing will be in a few days.  But things don't look good," she said softly.

"What are you telling me this for?  Who are you?" he said looking her in the face.  Even her eyes didn't seem the same.  They were empty, lifeless, and cold.  Altiana stepped back, apparently hurt at these words.  "Alfonso what are you saying?  I'm your closest friend and companion.  I'm the very reason you're still alive.  I--"

"It's funny you should say that," he said letting go of the bars.  Alfonso took a few steps backwards as well, eyeing Altiana up and down.  "Considering you and I were--quite literally--inseparable.  Something isn't right.  How exactly do you have your own body?  Altiana."  She shook her head, nearly in tears.  "Alfonso, you've gotten so brutish with me.  You used to talk to me, not at me.  Ever since Roxie left you--"

"Bullshit!" Alfonso exclaimed, slamming into the jail bars again.  "We were never together!  Roxie rejected me a long time ago.  I put her out my mind as quickly as possible, because I was afraid to pursue her after that.  That's how I've always been.  A single 'no' turned me away from most things.  I put off my dreams at the drop of a hat!  And you know that!  Or rather, Altiana does.  I don't know who or what you are.  But you're not Altiana.  So who the hell are you!?"

'Altiana' burst into tears, slumping down onto the desk behind her.  But her tears and sobbing quickly turned into soft chuckling.  And then her soft chuckling broke into a full laugh.  Her head in her hands, she taunted him.  "You really don't get it do you?" she said through her fingers.  Separating her index and middle finger, she peeked at him with a single eye and a crooked smile.  "Wha--"  A distorted, deep and angry voice spoke to him now, with no trace of 'Altiana' being present.  "You and I are one and the same, aren't we Alfonso?" it said standing up straight.  Her once long flowing white hair began turning black, molting and falling off of her head.  It covered her face, except for a single, now cat like iris.  "And if that's true--oh so true--as it has been for so, so long," the voice said approaching the bars of the jail cell.  The lights began to flicker, and the cold breath of the thing in front of Alfonso iced the jail bars, causing him to let go and stand back.  Everything went dark in an instant, and Alfonso's hairs stood on edge.

The creature's red cat eye shown through the darkness, sputtering and twitching as it stared at Alfonso.  It slammed against the bars, causing Alfonso to topple backwards, and slip onto his backside and his hands.  "Then you would know not to funk with everything we've worked so HARD FOR!  WE HAD EVERYTHING ALFONSO!" it screamed at him. "BUT YOU LET THOSE STUPID KIDS COME BETWEEN US!  YOU SEPARATED US!  YOU DROVE ME AWAY, FAWNING OVER BIMBOS!!  YOU MADE TIME FOR YOUR FRIENDS, BUT WHEN I NEEDED YOU--WHEN MY PEOPLE NEEDED YOU--YOU LEFT US TO DIE!!"  The creature separated the bars, one hand at a time, closing in on Alfonso, who stood to his feet, confused and afraid.

"What the hell are you talking about?  I've never neglected her.  How dare you talk about my friends that way!  I would die for them!"

"BUT WOULD YOU DIE FOR ME!!?  NO!!  NEVER!!  YOU FEARED ME!!  YOU LET YOUR PARANOIA CONSUME YOU, AND YOU MADE ME INTO A MONSTER!!"

Alfonso grew angry again,  rushing up to this shadow cloaked being, and headbutting the creature as he faced it.  "Don't you dare talk about her like you are her.  You get the hell out of my face, before I separate you limb from limb.  And keep Altiana's name out of your mouth."  A shrill shriek caused the creature to be sucked out of the jailhouse in a vacuum of shadow, restoring the lights and jail cell bars to their original placing.  The jailhouse warmed up again, and Alfonso found himself fuming.  He sat back on his bed, suddenly over come with extreme exhaustion.  "sheet," he thought to himself, his eyes growing heavy.  He struggled to stay conscious, punching into the cement wall next to him and nearly breaking his hand.  "What the. . .hell is going on?" he questioned aloud as he fell back into a deep sleep.

"Blake...live a little!  Today's the big day after all!"

"Where am I?"

"Don't you remember Blake?  Today's the day of our glorious merger!"

Blake looked around him to see a plethora of people in suits and dresses, clapping.  Their faces were motionless, almost as if they were made out of plastic.  Blake touched his face...but it seemed to be fine.  The clapping became furious, more intense, louder!  And suddenly, it all ended.  The crowd parted like a red sea, still not moving a muscle, rather they were slid as if friction wasn't a concept to them.  

"Blake my boy!"  A bald man with a devilishly handsome goatee on the opposite end of the room greeted him with a booming voice.  Blake knew that voice from a light year away...Thadius Breach.  His arms were wide, as he flaunted an air of showmanship.  The man strode over towards Blake.  When he was in reach, the man grabbed onto the boys shoulder, a little tighter than one should might one add.  "Glad you finally have come to your senses!  We're going to make Dark Interstellar Matters the best damn tech company the world has ever seen!"  A look of disgust crossed Blake's face, as he swatted the man's arm to the side.  

"Get the hell off of me Thadius!  I know damn well that you're up to no good!  There's no way I'd ever try to merge companies with the man who tried to have me killed!"  Blake's eye tried to contact his suit...but the signals weren't transferring...as a matter of fact, his eye was perfectly normal.  He could feel the jelly like substance that was way different from the smart glass he had gotten so used to by this point.  

"Whoah whoah there Blakey boy!  Try and kill you?  Hell, why would I try and kill my own son like that?"  He started chuckling hysterically.

"You and I both know why...you wanted me covered up...you wanted my tech...you wanted my family.  YOU WANTED EVERYTHING!"  Blake had become furious.  

"Of course I wanted everything you had...YOU OWE IT ALL TO ME BOY!"  Blake had known from a very early age that his biological father was not the man his mother was married to, but that never bothered him.  The reasons why his mother did what she did were all in the past, Blake had no ill will...but being biologically related to this monster...it sent shivers down his spine just thinking about it.  There was a contract before him on a table that had sprung forth from the ground.  "Sign it...or do you want to have a black box mishap happen in your home this time?"

Blake threw the contract into the air, a rain of paper fell to the floor.  The crowd gasped, their mouths taking on the exact same shape as the one next to them.  "Listen here 'pops'..." Blake flipped the table over, a holographic chessboard projected itself onto the tabletop, "beat me...and you can have my company.  I want no part of Dark Interstellar Matters...that companies future is about as bright as it's acronym."

"Then...shall we commence?"  A pawn moved up one space from Thadius' side of the board.  

Cygnus' heart beat a furious tattoo as he and Odette ran back through the forest, their breathing short and frantic. As they ran, the tortured nightmarish shapes of trees seemed to lunge at them from the mists, eliciting cries from the two children, forcing them to pull up short and seek another way around. But the worst was the chorus of screams that echoed from behind, like a thousand voices joined in unimaginable agony. Drawing closer with each passing moment.

He cried out in desperation and anger as yet another set of twisted trees materialized from the mists before them, their thorny branches contorted and interlocked in a cruel net that barred the way forward. Odette was shaking and sobbing, yet trying to make as little noise as possible, her blue eyes wide with fear as she clutched at her brother's shoulder.

Sibilant whispers drifted from the woods around them, meaningless fragments of speech that nevertheless seemed to pulse with an air of malice. And the sound of screams, practically upon them now.

"I have seen your heart, and it is mine..."

"No escape, no escape..."

"This is your cemetery..."

"Come on!" Cygnus murmured, catching hold of Odette by the wrist and dragging her behind a nearby tree, not even realizing the switch to English. His sister complied readily enough, crouching by his side, though she continued to tremble sporadically.

At that moment, a twig snapped underfoot, somewhere to the right of them, in the center of the clearing. The chorus of screams faded mercifully, yet the heavy silence that it left behind was almost worse. Cygnus bit his lip so hard he almost drew blood, placing his hand over Odette's mouth to keep her from crying out. He shuddered as his body fought the urge to flee, the survival instinct of the hunted.

For a moment, there was absolutely no sound, yet he could have sworn that he felt it—a dark intellect, sweeping through the air like a cold wind, hunting them for both. Cygnus pulled Odette closer to him, trying to curl into a ball, making them both as small as possible. Maybe, just maybe... Then, just as quickly as it had appeared, the sensation passed, and after a few seconds, the sound of more twigs breaking underfoot came from somewhere past them, growing fainter.

Cygnus waited until the footfalls had faded completely before he breathed a soft and treacherous sigh of relief. They were alive. The worst was over.

"I-Is it gone?" Odette asked him softly, pulling away slightly, shuffling forward on her knees, trying to get a better look.

"I think so," he replied, leaning back against the tree with a deep breath.

That was when the specter materialized from the mist behind Odette, its black cloak spread like bat wings, shimmering with unearthly fire. With a gentle, almost loving gesture, the specter caught hold of the little girl and pulled her to her feet in a single smooth motion, forcing her chin upwards.

Then it ripped her throat out.

Cygnus' scream was like that of a lost soul. Blood burst from the ghastly wound in a thick dark stream, spattering him and the tree to which he now clung. With another delicate motion, the specter let Odette's corpse fall to the ground, flexing its bloodstained claws as it turned to its next victim.

“Not long enough.” Roxie growled as she forced her gaze up to meet the man that stood before her and the Titans. Arthur’s appearance hadn’t changed at all since their last meeting, but that didn’t say much, seeing as Roxie couldn’t ever recall a single instance where it had, aside from when he dawned his armor. Glaring at the man who was single-handedly responsible for everything; her training, need to constantly embrace freedom, her smile, and of course the murderous rage that she kept bottle up deep within her core. “Why are we here?!” She demanded despite the fact that her legs where trembling.

Ignoring Roxie’s question, the man allowed his crimson gaze to slip from Lancelot, and begin sweeping over the faces of her fellow Titan as they struggled to move under the sudden weight that had overtaken them upon his arrival.

“So these are your new allies? The Titans, wasn’t it?” The man’s spoke in a manner that made it nearly impossible to tell if he were truly interested, one that a parent would use when inquiring about a game that their child had been playing whilst they sat idly at the table reading the newspaper. It sent a chill down Roxie spine, and she found herself further tightening her grip around Arondite, causing her hand to turn a bright shade of red. Though her eyes said paragraphs about what she was thinking, the girl was uncharacteristically silent as she watched the man’s expression with the weary intensity of an animal in the presence of a predator

“Tell me, Lancelot…” After taking in the features of all the other Titans, Arthur’s eye resettled on Roxie’s. “Which one is it?” His question was punctuated by a subtle shift in the air that only she could detect. Roxie’s emerald green eyes suddenly became wide with panic as she realized exactly what was about to happen. “No…”

“Which one of these children have you grown to cherish the most?” Blood was now beginning to drip down from the hilt of Arondite, as the girl’s grip on her weapon tightened even further.

“We’ll start there. Give me the pleasure of taking them away…

Roxie’s form vanished, shattering the spot she once occupied on the battlement. Bright yellow afterimages of the girl soon began dancing around Arthur with speed that most humans wouldn’t be able to track with out assistance. Though the man’s expression never shifted, his single eye not even bothering to follow the Roxie’s impressive display of high-speed movement.

“Arthur!” The former Knight’s voice called from the man’s left side, and was instantly followed by a large explosion of force that shook the very foundation of the castle’s battlement, and sent the other Titan’s flying backwards. The sound of clashing metal filled the air, and when the dust finally cleared, Roxie could be seen with Arondite braced against an unseen force only inches from Arthur’s face, with man standing in the same exact position he had originated in. “I swear to f***ing God I’ll kill you…” Undeterred by the fact that an invisible force had parried her swing, Roxie roared at the King of this dimension.

Shifting his head ever so slightly to lock eyes with his daughter, Arthur allowed the faintest hint of a smile form on his lips. “Very well… I'll start with the Frail One and the Immortal Retch.

Alfonso was yanked out of his cell the next morning, thrown into heavy handcuffs as he was pulled to a court room.  It was a slow, uneventful ride, and walking up the courthouse stairs was a nightmare all its own.

"Mr. Bronson, why did you betray your colleagues!?"

"Did they have anything to do with the crisis on Planet Gilfax!?"

"Mr. Bronson, you used to be a Teen Titan!  What caused you to go down this path of destruction!?"

Reporters hounded at him left and right over a clamoring crowd, looking to get a good look-see at the former Teen Titan.  Alfonso kept his head down, ignoring the reporters as he was marched into the courtroom ahead.  And as the enormous Court House Doors closed, Alfonso found himself sitting, facing the stand of the judge before him.  

"All rise.  This court is now in session.  The honorable Judge Belford presiding."

"Thank you Misses Theodore.  You all may be seated.  Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm going to go over a bit of housekeeping before we move into the proceedings.  Now, first and foremost. . . "

The judge drew on with buisiness, but Alfonso couldn't keep his eyes open.  It was cold in the Courtroom, and the ventilation over his head was putting him to sleep.  In addition to the Judge's dry, plain voice, Alfonso was slowly dying of boredom.  Placing his head in his hands, he forced himself to look only forward at the Judge, with the clock ticking above his head.  "It's only nine a.m.?  I wish I could just die here and now." he thought to himself.  And as the Judge looked in his direction, Alfonso could feel his name being called.  ". . son.  Mr. Bronson.  Mr. Bronson!" the Judge said slamming his gavel.  Alfonso shook his head, standing to his feet.

"Y-yes your honor?"

"Do you understand the proceedings and the rules of my courtroom?"

"Yes your honor."

"The Prosecution may make their opening.  Have a seat Mr. Bronson.  I understand you have a death wish, but I will not be ignored in my own courtroom."

Alfonso quickly sat back down, still finding it hard to stay--wait a moment.  How did he know what Alfonso was thinking?

"Thank you, your honor.  Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, what you will see today is a display of terrible actions, that portray Mr. Bronson in an unfavorable light.  You will find his DNA, his finger prints, and his image scattered across the streets of our lovely town of Aurora, as he goes on a rampage."

"Rampage?  What the hell?"

"You'll see a valiant display of courage from a man who once served this city with all his heart.  And then you will see him inevitably stumble over the weight of two worlds."

"Two worlds?  What the fu--"

Alfonso suddenly felt himself being lifted out of his chair, and watched as the entire courtroom began to rock.  Mechanical whirring and the heavy pounding of what sounded like large chains dropping, caused Alfonso to look around in a panic.  

"And today, as we bring this intergalactic courtroom to a close, I'm sure you will find the evidence overwhelmingly points to the defendant being guilty."

"Intergalactic!?"

Suddenly, a deafening explosion shattered the courtroom, causing Alfonso to fall from his chair and backwards against the seats behind him.  An enormous black hand ripped away the judge, the jury, and the prosecution in one instant motion.  Alfonso stood to his feet, as he watched with horror as he was lifted into space by a figure he recognized.  The courtroom began to dissipate into nothing, as Alfonso was snatched by the giant black hand, and lifted up to the enormous figure's face.  Looking it straight in the eye, he scowled, as it mocked him once more.  "I thought I told you to get out of my sight!" he screamed into the blackness, as he was gripped tightly by the shadowy figure.  It was a lot more repulsive this close.

It's ragged black hair was actually made of the corpses of the people of Aurora City, molting from its head as their bodies fell endlessly into the void of space.  It's blood red cat-eye was leaking blood down its socket, and onto its scaly, deathly pale face.  It seemed that patches of its rotten, dry skin were peeling, falling lazily downwards and leaving behind an unearthly stench.  A sinister, crazed smile crossed its face as it bellowed over Alfonso.  

rKBCjfr.png.

Alfonso had to hold his breath, to keep from vomiting.  It's breath smelled of rotten eggs, and Alfonso could now feel something slimy wriggling over his skin.  As he struggled to break free, Alfonso managed to look down.  there were now large worms climbing over his arms and legs, and up his stomach.  "Let me go you--you God damn freak!  Let me go!  I'm gonna put you in your place, you hear me!?"

The creature continued its tight grip on Alfonso, tilting its head in confusion, but maintaining its crooked smile.  "BUT ALFONSO," it said licking his body up and down.  "I DON'T WANNA FALL.  OR LET YOU GO."

It squeezed tighter on Alfonso, causing him to choke up blood.  The creature gasped, laughing still.  "I'M SORRY DEAR.  DID THAT HURT!!?"

Alfonso coughed, choking on his own blood.  The creature loosened its grip just enough to allow Alfonso to breathe, only to torture him further.  "YOU KNOW.  I REALLY DID LOVE YOU.  BUT YOU LEFT ME FALLING APART.  I COME UNDONE!!  ALFONSO!!  YOUR WORLD WILL BURN!!" it cried, out.

BGM

Cygnus watched in horror as his sister's lifeless body crumbled before his eyes, blood still spewing from her throat, painting the cold earth around her a vivid dark red. The specter threw back its head and laughed, relishing his despair, flexing its wicked claws in anticipation as it reached forward.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!" Cygnus screamed as he threw himself aside, terror making his voice ugly and shrill, falling to the ground yet scrambling to his feet, mindless of the thorns and brambles that cut his hands and knees, drawing flesh blood to mingle with his sister's.

He ran like he had never run before, his eyes wide and crazed, practically rolling out of their sockets, his heart in his mouth, each desperate breath threatening to burst his lungs. As before, nightmarish trees loomed out at him suddenly from the mists, yet he made no effort to avoid them, ignoring the thorny branches that tore hungrily at his skin and hair and clothes. He didn't look back yet he knew the specter was close behind, the chorus of unholy screams had started up again, hounding his footsteps, growing louder with each moment. Perhaps it was better that way—had he looked back, his heart probably would have stopped at the sight of the specter flying in pursuit, its jagged claws outstretched, its cloak of shadow and flame rippling in the wind. Unlike the boy, the apparition seemed unhindered by the tortured foliage, twisting in impossible positions and angles around the trees like a snake, like a demonic contortionist, crawling across their trunks with sharp skittery movements before launching itself forward once again, never erring from its path.

There was a flash of motion up ahead, what could it be—?

SPLASH!

Cygnus nearly toppled forwards headfirst as he plowed into the lake, its cold dark waters immediately clutching at him like quicksand, sapping the strength from his limbs, threatening to pull him under. He floundered valiantly for a few more steps, yet already the water was rising past his neck, and his feet could no longer touch the bottom...

Tortured screams sounded from behind. The specter had caught up to him at last. Cygnus turned and cried out, only just managing to duck in time as the apparition passed by overhead, its knife-sharp fingers outstretched as it tried to rip off his head. His cry transformed into a choked gurgle as water poured into his open mouth, but he had no time to gather his bearings, no time to fill his lungs, the specter had already turned and swooped again...

As if he had planned it all along, Cygnus sank below the water's surface, letting the cold water pull him down into the depths, until he was barely floating above the lakebed. He kicked off and swam blindly into the darkness, refusing to let any treacherous bubbles escape from his lips and betray his position. As he swam, he ignored his protesting lungs, screaming for oxygen, preferring to chant a simple song to himself, intermingled with his thoughts, as if it were a magic spell that would somehow keep him safe.

Let it have gone, let it be dead. Let it have gone, let it be dead. Yes, it's gone, it's gone, it has to be gone, there's mist. Mist, and it can't see, I'm going to be okay, I'm going to live. It's not going to get me like Odette, oh god, don't let it get me, I have to breathe. Should I breathe? I have to breathe. Let it have gone, let it be dead, let it have gone—

He surfaced as silently as he could, his bangs dripping and clinging to his face, somewhere far out into the lake, so that the shore was far behind him, and the chateau on the opposite bank seemed much closer than before. The specter was waiting, floating serenely above the water. With a gentle, delicate motion, like a parent picking up a child, it bent forward and caught him by the throat, plucking him out of the water and lifting him high into the air, struggling and screaming. He fell silent, however, as the specter tilted its head to one side quizzically, as if trying to get a good look at him before it ripped his life away.

Cygnus closed his eyes, waiting for the inevitable deathblow that would reunite him with Odette... but wait, what was that sound—? Distorted voices began to echo from the mists surrounding the pair as the creature tightened its grip around his neck. Yet somehow, they were different from before.

"My name's Kiara. Teen Titan!"

"Hello my fellow Titans, my name is Blake Bradsborn. You're all lucky to have me aboard!"

"I'm Alfonso, but I go by Comet, if you don't mind... My name is Altiana, and I am your resident alien species."

"I'm Roxie, but you can call me Havoc when we're kicking ass and what not."

"Hello! Bonjour! Konichiwa! Hola! I'm Benjamin O'Hara."

"Any last words?"

Cygnus blinked as the apparition spoke for the first time in a cold, deep, arrogant sort of voice, faintly tinged by a German accent. Gathering his courage, he locked eyes with the specter—or rather, he stared into the creature's hooded cowl, where a face would normally have been.

"Just these," he replied softly, taking a deep breath.

"KARREYLOS! ETHONIM! CAZAR!!"

A burst of brilliant silver light engulfed the pair, shining brighter than the stars, brighter than the moon, blossoming outwards in a dazzling sphere, shooting and twisting through the air, until the enchantment was complete and a massive swan hung in the skies, spreading its wings and throwing back its head with a spellbinding cry of ruin.

Kiara immediately turned to run, seeing through...all of it. She wasn't quite sure where she would run to, but she would run. However, before she could even take a step, the old hand of Matron Supreme...or rather the visage she was supposed to believe was Matron Supreme struck with surprising speed and caught her wrist in an iron grip. When the crone spoke it was with a voice not her own, but instead the voices of Kiara's friends. All of them, speaking in unison.

"Don't try to run, there is no escape." 

iU8EggM.png

The bloodstained tome thrummed with power. It sat on its onyx pedestal, the only furnishing in the entire underground cavern, begging Kiara to touch it. For a moment, she was tempted to. There was no blaming her, the way it beckoned it her, even the strongest willed would bend to its call. The only thing that made Kiara hesitate was the realization that she wasn't supposed to be there. No one was. Only Matron Supreme was allowed in the Grimoire's resting place unless it was the Night of Induction. So then why was she here?

"Right!" Kiara said aloud, coming to the conclusion for the second time that she was in a dream. She had to give the orb props, it really knew how to distract her. 

At that moment, the Overlord Grimoire sprung open with a resounding thud, causing Kiara to jump. Even though it was just a dream, the Grimoire frightened her. She had seen what Supreme had done with its power, an object like that wasn't to be trifled with. This sentiment was only reinforced when out of the pages, a hand erupted, causing Kiara shout with surprise, more than anything else. Little by little, a humanoid figure pulled itself out of the confines of the Grimoire.

For a moment, the crimson-eyed demon sat perched on the opened Grimoire, staring at Kiara, who was too shocked to move. Then, with a feral growl, it pounced. 

Arachnid lunged at the three foes and struck swiftly at them, watching them be knocked away with ease. It wasn't long before the three faded, leaving Arachnid alone in the decaying world he stood in. "Alright! I should wake up any time now..." he said happily. Unfortunately...he didn't.

The world still seemed like it was decaying and shattering away, but Arachnid did not wake. He looked around to find an answer, but they didn't come. Never once did the answer come. But something else did. The skies above the decaying city turned blood red and pitch black, as Arachnid could barely see what was to come of the surrounding area around him. "Oh what now?"

The Darkness

Isn't it painfully obvious...?

The sounds of these words pierced the darkness around Arachnid and sent chills down his spine. The costumed teen looked around him, only seeing darkness and more darkness surrounding him. The voice sounded familiar...all too familiar. He could feel goosebumps running up and down his skin as through the darkness, a legion of green demonic eyes pierced through and looked at Arachnid.

Oh come now, Benjy...I don't even get a proper hello? the voice snickered as the form of a young man appeared. His pale white complexion offset the darkness surrounding him, but his green eyes pierced Arachnid, striking him with fear.

"Baba...Yaga..." Arachnid said, fear dripping from him as he spoke the person's name. "H-How...I thought I stopped you in-"

When you saw me in Central City? The day you "Ended" me? Baba asked, with a dark laugh. My dear child...you cannot END an entity of darkness...of damnation...of...fear.

Arachnid's fists clenched together, as he watched Baba Yaga move towards him, causing the teen to move back. The more the man moved, the more Arachnid backed away...until his back met that of a wall. He looked back at the wall and then back at Baba, his heart racing wildly as he saw the pale faced person before him.

What's wrong, Benjy? Scared...of the dark! Baba Yaga laughed as the multitude of green demonic eyes rose up from behind him and lunged forward at Arachnid, roaring.

He couldn't move, he was immobilized by fear. When he first met Baba, he felt the same. One who was able to torture him with these hellish visions and nightmares...now he was on his knees, holding his ears as the darkness surrounded him, striking at him. His eyes closed tight, trying to make this all go away. He could feel himself trying to scream, but the silence and deafness of the darkness choked it out...

No one could help him...no one was there to save him...

Archived