Yu-Gi-Oh! CYCLE [Interest Check, OoC, and Sign-ups] NA temporarily

So, everyone who has already made it in can vote.

I personally like both, and want to hear your reasons for preferring one or the other. If you guys tie, your reasoning will help me come to a tiebreaker.

Screw it, I'm going to RP a "rival" anyway.

Oh, and for the purposes of Turbo Duels, all Quick-Play Spells have been upgraded to Speed Spells.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have SO many nerds in this cast.

Even Sora is pretty awkward.

Actually, Micheal is definitely not social inept. He just doesnt eat in front of people as a habbit(or non-habbit?) He really goes out of his way to be kind and generous and the 'even with strangers' part was to initialize (and accidentally became the only) point that he has no difficulty meeting new people. As long as they are not fire fighters. Blare sirens or horns for funsys. And typically he meets people at work as he works at a book store.

My vote: I feel like both-their characters provide the same weaknesses while one character already has strengths and shows no signs of regarding his weakness as it is. A weekness. Considering both have this one flaw and only one character might get over it, I will have to go with silenth's character. Rock is cool but harboring an entire disinterest for deeper communication ruins good guy characters and limits potential bonding moments. Rock would make it further as an incidental bad guy.

@Draco: cool! Im glad you made that decision.

It'll be harder to juggle, for one thing, and for another there's a planned enemy that has exactly 5 members, lacking a LIGHT representative. I'd need to come up with a sixth member to that villain's crew, and the five that already exist mesh too well together. They even use the 5 extra Special Summon methods: Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz, and Pendulum.

Looking over Silenth's character... I will admit that yes, they have the same weakness in communication and Silenth has the advantage of  being easier to make bonds with. The point of my character was to have that 'supporter that is distant, but opens up as time goes on', which I admit would be harder to do in an RP setting.

I do feel like I can have an interesting backstory for my character, but Silenth also seems to have one as well.

... My guy has a badass scarf?

The only real argument I have is that I have a more complete deck and everyone can look over it so they know I'm not pulling crap outta nowhere.

Also Rock was not supposed to be the name, as it was a place holder, but I forgot to change it, oh dear.

The limit was listed before anyone posted, and I am sure there migt be openings after this set of enemies. I dont see why that limit necessarily needs to be broken. While I hate be exculsove at he expense of others, it isnt like there are no other rp options either. (You could totally have them have a lacky who just does Card effect special summons. Ex: Skill Drain Malefics)

Looking over Silenth's character... I will admit that yes, they have the same weakness in communication and Silenth has the advantage of  being easier to make bonds with. The point of my character was to have that 'supporter that is distant, but opens up as time goes on', which I admit would be harder to do in an RP setting.

I do feel like I can have an interesting backstory for my character, but Silenth also seems to have one as well.

... My guy has a badass scarf?

The only real argument I have is that I have a more complete deck and everyone can look over it so they know I'm not pulling crap outta nowhere.

Also Rock was not supposed to be the name, as it was a place holder, but I forgot to change it, oh dear.

I absolutely love both of your characters. (They hold my most disliked rp trait and I still like them) The scarf is cool bro, I agree. Both have their own places and thats why the only spot I had to directly compare them with was their weakness. I am sorry, but thats where Silenth won out.

Though, seriously, Rock would make a great contender as a rival. I dont feel like his place should be the kind of character who overcomes something, not a protagonist, but an unlikely antagonist through circumstance who ultimately becomes helpful and a cherished wise member of the group. (Think Piccolo ) In earnest, thats how I feel. I don't see why Rock would give a funk about anything, and there is no need to forsake his personality to wiggle in anything he wouldnt actually concern himself with either. My view of him not belonging in the cast of characters to fight the "enemy" stands. His coolness makes it hard to imagine him compassionately fighting anyone. Your description of his dueling style also makes him perfect for training mortgages. ...

Well, unless one of you thinks you could create a sixth member of this villain archetype, I'm not budging on a 5 character limit.

I dont actually feel like you have too.

...Can we create more cards for our Decks while the story goes on? I didnt intend to have only 1 Boss available.

This absolutely is the case, I believe it is in the OP

I absolutely love both of your characters. (They hold my most disliked rp trait and I still like them) The scarf is cool bro, I agree. Both have their own places and thats why the only spot I had to directly compare them with was their weakness. I am sorry, but thats where Silenth won out.

Though, seriously, Rock would make a great contender as a rival. I dont feel like his place should be the kind of character who overcomes something, not a protagonist, but an unlikely antagonist through circumstance who ultimately becomes helpful and a cherished wise member of the group. (Think Piccolo ) In earnest, thats how I feel. I don't see why Rock would give a f*** about anything, and there is no need to forsake his personality to wiggle in anything he wouldnt actually concern himself with either. My view of him not belonging in the cast of characters to fight the "enemy" stands. His coolness makes it hard to imagine him compassionately fighting anyone. Your description of his dueling style also makes him perfect for training mortgages. ...

Aw... He was compared to Piccolo. That makes me happy. Yeah, I can see what you're trying to say. Honestly, if I lose, I lose out. But at least someone liked him!

Aw... He was compared to Piccolo. That makes me happy. Yeah, I can see what you're trying to say. Honestly, if I lose, I lose out. But at least someone liked him!

I do like him ;3 maybe if rock ultimately loses the vote, I can try to talk Draco into letting me sneak Rock in as a major support character for Micheal? If there is no room for other characters at all(even supports) Maybe we can ask draco to sneak Rock into Arc 2?

I do like him ;3 maybe if rock ultimately loses the vote, I can try to talk Draco into letting me sneak Rock in as a major support character for Micheal? If there is no room for other characters at all(even supports) Maybe we can ask draco to sneak Rock into Arc 2?

Maybe. But I don't wanna make him bend his own rules just for me. Would be awesome though.

Arc 1: Tournament

Arc 2: Uses villain group mentioned above

Arc 3: ???

I am sure as long as Rock isnt part of the main group, there isnt a need for a sixth enemy in arc two. Maybe he can be the one who motivates Micheal nto joining the tournament and meeting everyone else? Training montages. Omg. Montages. Yush.

What do you think?

Wait... what?

It means you're in Rocky.

Edit for more detail: Basically Rocky is participating in the tournament Arc, and I really want him to help out Micheals lack of spirit, thirst for battle etc. The stipulation is that arc 2 has five villains and Rocky is going to be the Picolo to my Gohan in that arc. Sound good?

Archived