Ace Attorney 6 (Working Title)

Progenitor

No my friends, this is NOT Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken

I present to you, a BRAND NEW main-story installment to the Ace Attorney Franchise.

And the best part?  Even knowing next to nothing about the game, it already is confirmed for a western release

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/1/9241913/ace-attorney-6-nintendo-3ds

Not only this, but the translated Famitsu pages reveal that this game will attempt to streamline the trial process, essentially finding a very happy medium between story and player interaction, so players who hate playing visual novel games can enjoy this installment to the same degree as longtime fans.

While the exact methods of this are currently unknown, it is confirmed that this installment will take place in an unknown country, where (much like PLvsPW), the people believe in the supernatural, and the court is structured as such.

According to ShackNews, "The courtrooms in the game will use some kind of "Water Mirror" that's located on the ground, which will be used as part of its gameplay. The upper portion of the screen will have images and keywords on the water, while the lower portion has parts of the testimony and an option to present."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/91084/ace-attorney-6-announced-for-3ds-confirmed-for-western-release

Not only will the playable demo be available for Tokyo Game Show 2015, but Capcom has announced that they will be hosting an event with a "Special Court Show".

Tokyo Game Show 2015 begins 9/17-18/15 this year with the business days, and then 9/19-20/15 with the public days

Now I heard an interesting theory from someone in the Video Game Club on campus.  He thinks that the "Special Court Show" might be an announcement trailer for Phoenix Wright in Smash.  Why?  

1. Smash has practically nothing scheduled currently for TGS 2015.
  2. The contracts between Marvel and Capcom have officially dissolved without any word or renewal (mostly because of Disney's ownership of Marvel)
  3. Not even Dual Destinies was confirmed for the West this fast.  Japan literally knows just as much nothing as we do.

Because of this, Phoenix Wright is now an uncontracted fighter who has indeed appeared in a fighting game previously, so the only thing stopping him (or any MvC character to be perfectly honest) from actually making a debut in the game is just pulling the trigger between Nintendo and Capcom.

That's a longshot I know, but c'mon.  How HYPE would that be?  It would be absurd promotion for the game as well.

No my friends, this is NOT Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken

I present to you, a BRAND NEW main-story installment to the Ace Attorney Franchise.

And the best part?  Even knowing next to nothing about the game, it already is confirmed for a western release

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/1/9241913/ace-attorney-6-nintendo-3ds

Not only this, but the translated Famitsu pages reveal that this game will attempt to streamline the trial process, essentially finding a very happy medium between story and player interaction, so players who hate playing visual novel games can enjoy this installment to the same degree as longtime fans.

While the exact methods of this are currently unknown, it is confirmed that this installment will take place in an unknown country, where (much like PLvsPW), the people believe in the supernatural, and the court is structured as such.

According to ShackNews, "The courtrooms in the game will use some kind of "Water Mirror" that's located on the ground, which will be used as part of its gameplay. The upper portion of the screen will have images and keywords on the water, while the lower portion has parts of the testimony and an option to present."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/91084/ace-attorney-6-announced-for-3ds-confirmed-for-western-release

Not only will the playable demo be available for Tokyo Game Show 2015, but Capcom has announced that they will be hosting an event with a "Special Court Show".

Tokyo Game Show 2015 begins 9/17-18/15 this year with the business days, and then 9/19-20/15 with the public days

Now I heard an interesting theory from someone in the Video Game Club on campus.  He thinks that the "Special Court Show" might be an announcement trailer for Phoenix Wright in Smash.  Why?  

1. Smash has practically nothing scheduled currently for TGS 2015.
  2. The contracts between Marvel and Capcom have officially dissolved without any word or renewal (mostly because of Disney's ownership of Marvel)
  3. Not even Dual Destinies was confirmed for the West this fast.  Japan literally knows just as much nothing as we do.

Because of this, Phoenix Wright is now an uncontracted fighter who has indeed appeared in a fighting game previously, so the only thing stopping him (or any MvC character to be perfectly honest) from actually making a debut in the game is just pulling the trigger between Nintendo and Capcom.

That's a longshot I know, but c'mon.  How HYPE would that be?  It would be absurd promotion for the game as well.

All this screams yes. Just yes.

But Phoenix in Smash... awesome, but a third Capcom person...?

I wonder if it ties in with the other Phoenix Wright game... the one with Sherlock Holmes?

That is actually considered a spin off.  While it can potentially be considered canon the events of that game take place over 100 years from the present.  You know....cut it has like...Sherlock Holmes.  That guy from the late 1800s

That is actually considered a spin off.  While it can potentially be considered canon the events of that game take place over 100 years from the present.  You know....cut it has like...Sherlock Holmes.  That guy from the late 1800s

I know, but, the people on the site kinda remind me of designs from that game, so I was thinking it was like, "Your ancestor helped mine over 100 years ago! Please help me!"

As I get further into this series (finished the original trilogy the other day and my order of AJ should arrive tomorrow), I'm getting more excited for this. These games just suck you in with the characters and the story, and suddenly I find them completed with ~20 hours of playtime.

Indeed.  AJ was really good (I personally felt the end was a tad underwhelming, but whatevs the rest of it was fantastic), Duel Destinies was very well executed, and PL vs. PW was fantastic, and I didn't even play the 11 or so DLC stories I didn't know about till just recently. 

Indeed.  AJ was really good (I personally felt the end was a tad underwhelming, but whatevs the rest of it was fantastic), Duel Destinies was very well executed, and PL vs. PW was fantastic, and I didn't even play the 11 or so DLC stories I didn't know about till just recently. 

Do you suggest PL vs. PW? I wanna get into the Ace Attorney series, and i adore the Professor Layton series. So do you think it is a good way to introduce me to the series (sine it has familiar stuff for me)?

In PLvsPW it's only the two main characters from each series, and everyone else is original, right? Are there a lot of references to the AA series in it? Because it seems like it'd be the perfect way to get into PW from PL.

Sort of... kinda... A few PL characters appear... and someone looking very familiar to the PW universe makes an appearance... even though it's not him.

I'll be honest though, a seasoned PW fan won't find too much challenge in the Trails of PL vs PW.  To that same notion I would imagine a seasoned PL player may find the puzzles a bit easy (not one myself so I wouldn't really know).  It essentially makes both parts of both games on easy mode to give you a great taste of both, and throwing a freaking AMAZING story to tie it all up nicely.

If you haven't played either franchise, but have always thought of it, it's the perfect way to get a taste.  Though some PW trials can actually get very, very challenging.  Almost every trial in PL vs PW I was able to generally predict the outcome of the trial in he middle of the first day, which was a bit saddening as most of the time when I try that in main series games (ESPECIALLY in the final trial) the game just laughs at me as m night shyamalan descends from the heavens to twist reality to his whim.

• 4 months later...

Thank goodness, I was gonna be mad if they weren't still around. But more importantly, Maya when?

As for the new prosecutor Nayuta Sadmadhi (who is male), it's interesting to know it won't just be that one princess. But I guess I should've expected a zany prosecutor rival, they're a series staple.

funking this. I miss Maya. So much. I don't care if she doesn't ever get it together with Nick or whatever but her presence is just really, really heartwarming in the trilogy and I miss her a lot. I hear she's mentioned in Dual Destinies but she's AA's poster girl damnit, appear soon.

Don't worry.  This game has an enormous focus on the spiritual.  If Maya or Pearl don't make an appearance in some form I would find it very strange.

• 3 weeks later...

YES!!! BEST ACE ATTORNEY GAME EVER!!!

Also, new trailer and June 9th release date in Japan. Hopefully it comes out everywhere else soon after.

So Phoenix reunites with Maya in the land of Kurain taking on a special court, while Apollo and Athena try to hold down the fort back home, I really like the premise of this game so far. And poor Maya, she gets kidnapped and framed for murder, now what's gonna happen to her in this game? D:

Also, special bonus content, a couple of side stories (which you get by pre-ordering a special edition but I'm guessing will come later as DLC) which have Edgeworth and Klavier in them, as well as special costumes for Phoenix, Apollo, and Athena:

Pffffft omg did anyone see Payne's new version flash by in that trailer? That's gonna be beautiful.

Honestly I'm not sure I'm really feeling that Cornered theme. It seems a bit too subtle with a focus on a techno melody. I dunno. Just doesn't grab me like most of the other ones do with their orchestral focus. Hopefully that's either not the cornered theme or it's only that one part that isn't too good/it will get tweeked.

As for localization, remember the localization was confirmed at the game's ANNOUNCEMENT, so Capcom has had plenty of time to prepare their team for the task. However, judging from the lack of English trailers I don't think we are getting a global release date a la Pokemon X&Y. No I think the localizations should be expected anywhere within 3 months of June 6th then, as capcom usually follows the 3 month implementation phase on their games (see MH4U), but sometimes take upwards of 6 months+ for interest checks and other stuff (see Monster Hunter Generations).

Based on all this knowledge and the fact that they don't need an interest checking phase, I would say 3-4 months or so is a solid estimate, so you could probably expect this somewhere around Sept-Nov.

Archived