Grimm Nights [OOC | PG-16 | S | NA]

I am willing to co-host this rp with you. I have much less responsibilities for people my age and I am willing to donate my excessive time to this rp. I would like to see this Rp go far.

Awesome! Then, by the power vested unto me by the world of Grimm...i dub thee...my new Co-Host.

I hope to have this RP go far. If you got new ideas for the story or plotlines, I'd be delighted to hear them!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! Then, by the power vested unto me by the world of Grimm...i dub thee...my new Co-Host.

I hope to have this RP go far. If you got new ideas for the story or plotlines, I'd be delighted to hear them!

*Adjusts coat* Ah. It is good.

I will follow your lead, Host. If I get any ideas, I will lend them without pause. Feel free to Pm me.

[img=url]
This is how you make an image appear in your app for Eva.

I am going to edit here with my own critiques for your application. Just remember that if the Host gives you the okay, then these are really just nit picks and not exacty requirements by any means.

Frankly, my biggest problem with the character is how I don't quite feel like she is thirty years old, or that she has powers themed after a goddess in her personality at all.

I can't quite comment on the bio since I feel like even my own is short and limited. I am just going to question why she has a split personality. Why she is described as a quiet character when one would think she wouldn't be limited to only showing her out going and forward side to just one boy for an indescribable reason. Her connection to the male isn' t really elaborated anywhere. She feels more like a girl who woke up with the Goddess of the hunt's theme and powers than the goddess of the hunt herself.

You know?

Have been slowly working on my application whenever I had time, I have all except Personality/Backstory done for now. (And looking for Theme/Battle Theme).

I already have basic ideas for Personality/Backstory but that will probably take a little while longer.

Anyone mind reviewing?

Also, after re-reading apps, Cosmo's character can call on the Will-o'-the-wisps, which are what my character is.

I just found that a bit amusing.

EDIT: Link here by the way: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/340484-grimm-nights-ooc-pg-16-ns-a/?do=findComment&comment=6706770

Have been slowly working on my application whenever I had time, I have all except Personality/Backstory done for now. (And looking for Theme/Battle Theme).

I already have basic ideas for Personality/Backstory but that will probably take a little while longer.

Anyone mind reviewing?

Also, after re-reading apps, Cosmo's character can call on the Will-o'-the-wisps, which are what my character is.

I just found that a bit amusing.

EDIT: Link here by the way: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/340484-grimm-nights-ooc-pg-16-ns-a/?do=findComment&comment=6706770

Well, she can call lesser ones. I suppose your isn't a 100% Will o' wisp, so i think your character isn't affected by her Will o' wisp calling

I'm intending for her to actually be a Will-o'-the-wisp in the true sense, in a higher-level form that can take human shape/has actual sentience/consciousness/intelligence/etc, if that's alright with the host.

But either way, your character wouldn't be able to just call upon Naia.

Have been slowly working on my application whenever I had time, I have all except Personality/Backstory done for now. (And looking for Theme/Battle Theme).I already have basic ideas for Personality/Backstory but that will probably take a little while longer.Anyone mind reviewing?Also, after re-reading apps, Cosmo's character can call on the Will-o'-the-wisps, which are what my character is.I just found that a bit amusing.EDIT: Link here by the way: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/340484-grimm-nights-ooc-pg-16-ns-a/?do=findComment&comment=6706770

I actually think it is funny that she is scarred to fall in love because it is dangerous.

>Jack can not imagine dying.

The thing i really like about my character is that she's an hopeless romantic, but at the same time doesn't want to fall in love, so the person she loves stays alive

Quite the touching fact on your character...

Abel is currently in the same boat, however, he left because -insert the Beauty and the Beast quote-.

[spoiler=Naia - Ranshao Shujingdeng]

天拎千夜

naUQXr7.png

"Trick or treat, it's time to kick some demon ass!"

Personal Information
Name: Ránshāo Shuǐjīngdēng (水晶燈 燃烧 lit. Shuǐjīngdēng Ránshāo)Nickname: NaiaAge of Appearance: 16Gender: FemaleRace: JaegerBased On: Will-o'-the-wisp
[spoiler=Appearance]Naia is a youthful girl with a slim body frame. Standing at about 5'4" (~163cm), she's not tall, but she's not quite short either. Her hair is a vibrant black that leads into a quite striking feature, in the fact what seems to be her hair extends into bright crimson fire-like floating extensions that seem somewhat like rose petals or burning flames.Her eyes are of a deep blue, making for a sharp contrast with the glowing red 'flames' that float behind her at all times, highlighted further by the fact that she has crucifix earrings made of gold alloy, which reflect the flare. She also has a distinctive birthmark in a heart shape under her left eye, of the same color as her 'fire hair'.She is almost always in a single outfit that consists of a strapless shirt fastened together by clasps and a coat with cross designs on it in combination with short pants tied with a belt, all of which are an ink-black with red highlights. Around her left thigh, there's an additional band of red fabric that encircles her leg. To finish off the outfit, she wears gauntlets of the same color palette as the rest of her clothes, and tall, leather boots, and a necklace that holds a glowing purple gem inside.

[spoiler=Personality]Coming Soon

[spoiler=Biography]Coming Soon

iU8EggM.png

Combat Information
Epithet: Caretaker of the Mausoleum, Lady of the Netherworld Flames, The Day that Carries a Thousand Nights
[spoiler=Fighting Style]Naia uses a bombardment-style rapidfire aggro attack fighting style meant to completely overwhelm the opponent with the incredible burning properties of her flames. There are several good and bad sides to this. The benefits are that almost no non-supernatural being can withstand even a single direct full-power hit from the flames, as well as the fact that even a slash can cause extremely painful and severe cauterization-style burns. She is willing to go all-out when she gets hyped up, and can unleash massive, bomb-like attacks and swarm her enemies with the various combinations that she can create with her flames.However, because of how aggressive this fighting style is, it can also lead her to tire out quickly. Even at full stamina, she cannot just flood flames out continuously, and it takes time to generate more and more, which continually become longer as the flames are quite literally from her own "life" or "self", as she is a Will-o'-the-wisp. Leading her around and baiting her to make her use up her own energy is one of the quickest ways to cause her attacks and speed to start dropping in large chunks. Also, the short range of her active flames means that if she wants to attack, she must get up close. Even with her speed, long-range attackers can be a large problem, as she cannot generate her own long-range attack tools (usually a rifle or a bow & arrow) and aim to shoot fast enough before she would have to respond to her enemy's attack. Continually wearing her down by making her take small hits that add up, and striking at her from afar, are ways to circumvent her monstrous close-range strength.Also, due to how hyperactive and battle-hazed she can get easily, she can also make quite reckless decisions in the heat of battle, which can potentially lead to very dangerous situations. In addition, while water or something of the sort cannot affect her flames directly, she has a near unnatural fear and distaste of it (besides simply drinking it as necessary in small amounts, obviously). This can lead her to focus on keeping away from water striking her by incinerating it with her flames, which causes an additional burden in battle when she must focus on multiple other aspects as well. It is theorized that direct contact with water on her skin can be potentially extremely painful, as it would possibly cause a near incineration reaction. Naia being quite literally the humanized form of a Will-o'-the-wisp can cause lots of issues for both her and others. As such, water may potentially cause her severe burns and potentially lead to debilitating effects in large amounts.

[spoiler=Weapons]Naia has no "weapons" that she keeps on herself, because of the fact that she can create the deadly flames that can act as the weapon themselves, or align themselves into tools to wreak further havoc. However, she does wear a necklace on her at all times that contain a glowing purple gem, the powers of which are yet uncertain and unobserved.

[spoiler=Abilities]She calls the ability that lets her produce and manipulate the smolderingly hot infernos that she can produce Scorching Purgatory. Hotter than any possible natural flame, no normal ends can extinguish these fires until they erase both themselves and whatever is caught in these deadly conflagrations. However, free-form control of the flames, such as simply blasting balls themselves are limited to quite a short range, perhaps to a globe of around 20 feet in diameter (with her at its epicenter). In addition, the further one goes from the 'core', the weaker the flames become, and past around 25 feet, it smolders and burns, but can produce nothing more than the smoky "will-o'-the-wisps" that give the namesake.However, the strongest fact about this ability, is its incredible versatility. From the flames, she can produce near any kind of weapon. Shaping them into swords, maces, whips, hammers, axes, gauntlets, spears, throwing knives, bow and arrows, staffs, chakrams, rifles, and the like are second nature to Naia. Being the one from which the fires stem in the first place, she herself is immune to them, allowing to grasp the tools that she creates, wielding them freely. In addition, given how they have no actual solid material, this allows for weapons that would otherwise be incredibly heavy to be wielded easily, since they quite literally have near no weight. Essentially, if she sees the basic concept behind a weapon and understands the way it is meant to function, she can replicate it with her flames. Also, her ability is not limited to merely weapons. For instance, if she wanted to break through a door, she could melt it down by simply creating gauntlets. If she wanted to fly, she could create wings. And to block an attack, she could summon a wall of flames or a shield, burning away at the projectiles or weapons. However, nothing highly complicated can be created, and even in the instance of the "rifle", it is less of any actual mechanics and merely the shape/projectile blaster form of an attack that she manifests. Thus, in a way, she is nothing more than a mimic when it comes to this kind of thing. In addition, what seems to be floating red wings is actually an extension of her hair, which may be surprising, until one considers that Naia isn't actually a human. As such, it can also take on fire-like qualities. Grabbing her hair wouldn't be a good plan.The downside of this however, is that they literally have near no substance, besides the burning power. Almost all of the weapons that she produces are limited to a few uses before they start to break apart and get re-absorbed inside of Naia. Therefore, if someone somehow created a weapon that could brave the flames, it would be an issue, as Naia would not be able to simply block the attack with a strike. On the good side, the flames can melt through most mortal creations (even if some would take her an obscenely long time), as well as have pseudo-explosive properties if slammed into surfaces, which would cause the flames to 'splatter' out.Lastly, when she goes into a state of extreme concentration, it can be noted that her eyes can turn a golden yellow as a side effect from using her powers, but it has not been observed to give any benefits except perhaps only a very slight increase in visual acuity. This has been theorized after instances of her eyes turning that gold coloration has been seen almost exclusively when using long range weapons such as rifles or a bow and an arrow.

iU8EggM.png

Other Information
[spoiler=Trivia]• Can "cleanse" herself by 'refreshing' her body and skin form with her flames, which burn away the debris and keep her in a hygienic condition• Hates swimming/the ocean/large bodies of water/aquatic-related activities• Favorite food is freshly seared and juicy steak

Theme: TBD

This application is beautiful already. A character whose power and combat prowess presents the ability to fit right in with the currently accepted characters with her own unique parts and pieces. I like how she can create along with the fire's traditional destroying capabilities. The only thing that is left is to find out who she is and see how she will interact socially and what about her past could cause her to act that way. Beautiful app. 10/10.

This application is beautiful already. A character whose power and combat prowess presents the ability to fit right in with the currently accepted characters with her own unique parts and pieces. I like how she can create along with the fire's traditional destroying capabilities. The only thing that is left is to find out who she is and see how she will onteract socially and what about her past could cause her to act that way. Beautiful app. 10/10.

I had forgotten the app (and I took a look at it when you asked...jeez Im losing it XD).

But I am going to agree with Techi on this. It is an amazingly done app. Hoping for the bio and personality soon.

Archived