Grimm Nights [OOC | PG-16 | S | NA]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! Thank you! :D Although, when I resubmit, my character will be incredibly different. As in it might be a different gender or something. Just giving a heads-up.

Sounds like a plan!

I've picked a Battle Theme Song, I feel like it fits quite nicely all in all.

Will work on Personality/Bio when I get back from a brief thing I have to go out for.

Alright! We'll be waiting!

[spoiler=Re-submitted Application]

"I'm going to rock your world!"

Personal Information

Name: Allison Mordio

Race: Half-Jaeger

Based On: Mythological Sirens

[spoiler=Appearance]headphones%20blue%20vocaloid%20dress%20l

5'5 Weighs in at 130 pounds. Appearance as above but has a coat around her to cover the wings she inherited from her mom.

[spoiler=Jaeger Form]siren_blue_by_telthona-d7cejwj.jpg

In her jaeger form, she can be either a siren of the water or a siren of flight. This one depicts her as her sea siren but the air form of the siren closely resembles this but has wings on her back with legs and feet of a bird.

[spoiler=Personality]Allison may be one of those girls that you can just walk up to and play around with, do you? Well, those people will be so wrong as she is a loud, hot-headed girl that will tend to manipulate you with her words. Flirty only to the point of friendliness, Allison tends to be obnoxious and sometimes naïve to whatever events that are happening around her. Allison may look like she doesn't care about her friends as she disregards them, she secretly hopes to bond with them more as she knows about the legends about Sirens and their power over their voice. She also is quick to anger as she inherited her hotheadedness from her magic teacher, Rita and be weary about an angry Allison as she will be quick to pummel anyone in her way. However, this was only a front as Allison deeply cares about any friend that gets over her at-first obnoxious behaviour and will hold extreme remorse for any of her friends dying in the conflict with the Lobos. She is also becomes depressed when someone talks about their family as she hasn't really known her true family as she seems to only remember a peaceful voice echoing across her mind.

[spoiler=Biography] Born in secret in the Jaeger hating town of Farway, both of her parents tried to keep her Jaeger like appearances in secret as the peaceful haven for Jaegers has turned into a hellhole spear-headed by humans and the new ruler. This is becoming really hard as she inherited her mother's wings of a siren and the melodic voice that comes with it. Due to her father being friends with a mage in Farway, they asked a favor from her to keep her hidden away from this city as they knew about the danger of raising a half-jaeger in this place. With reluctance, she agreed and took the infant with her, not knowing what will become of her parents.Moving to the new haven for Jaegers, Rita raised Allison as if she was her own daughter as well as teaching her magic to defend herself. Allison was having splendid life until when she was 10 years old that she decided to go on an adventure by herself like any other kid. She was well away from Foblé when she encountered a caravan full of enslaved jaegers (cause that's a thing, right?) and one looked disturbingly like her except older. Feeling a connection, she decided to sneak away the keys that were foolishly on the ground to unlock the caged caravan and get them out of there. She felt so hopeful that she can finally know someone that can help her know who she was, as she had a disturbing feeling that she was not human and not what she is, until the guards of the caravan came and began killing everyone in sight. In panic, Allison tried to run away until she felt something within her awaken and grow on her back and legs. She tried to speak but the only thing she tried to say was something unknown to her but something entrancing to the guards. Unbeknownst to her, she lured to guards to kill themselves as she attempted to fly away.Knowing that she couldn't return home, she now travels around the world for 5 years trying to gather knowledge about who she was and what she holds within her.Knowing now that she was a jaeger and had the beast of a siren, she put up a front so they can deceive any travelers or guards with her hotheaded personality she got from Rita. Gathering rumors and training herself in her newfound powers, she earns her keep by being a wandering bard that can sing the most beautiful songs in the world of Grimm. As the events of the Lobos now happening, she feels the innate urge to protect the people around her with the skills she trained with and the magic she learned from her mentor and mother, Rita.

[spoiler=Combat Information]

Epithet: The Enchanting Belle, The Musical Hothead, Sky Performer

Fighting Style: Using her magic in conjunction with her bo-staff, she can easily knock out her opponents in surprising ease. However, that is only when she needs to be voilent in her situation. Most of the time, she would try to use her siren's voice to manipulate her opponent into doing something that they wouldn't possibly do.

Weapons: Magic (Fire, Vortexes, Illusions), Bo-staff

[spoiler=Abilities]

Siren's Voice: By singing or easily speaking in the enchanting tune of the siren, she can control her opponent or either manipulate them into doing surprising things.

Enhanced Eyesight: Being a Siren Jaeger, Allison has enhanced sight and can see things that normal humans cannot normally see.

Martial Arts: Allison is capable of holding her own with her bo-staff with ease.

Magic: Being trained by Rita, an acclaimed mage, she has learned several magical spells to aid her in battle. One of her favourites is casting mini vortexes at her foes.

Jaeger Form: While under her jaeger form, she can either be capable of flight or can breath underwater. A feat that is surprising among jaegers as they usually have 1 beast form. She can also use her talons and her enhanced siren's voice to combat her foes.

Other Information

(All Music is credited to the creator of the music in the themes.)

[a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGPuSQN2t3o]Character Theme[/a]

[a hred=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGNlAIEbtGw]Battle Theme[/a]

Trivia

• Her Magic teacher is Rita Mordio, a character from the acclaimed video game "Tales of Vesperia"
  • Sirens can be both in the water and in the air.
  • Despite not showing it, she is a talented singer

Personal Information

Name: Gavin MacRieve

Race: Human

Based On:  Van Helsing

[spoiler=Appearance:] CuoBlgh.jpgGavin has amber gold eyes (Not seen in pic). He also stands 6'7".

[spoiler=Personality:] Gavin is stern, but fair. he has a great prideful nature, but at the same time he knows when to be humble. He doesn't think he is severely better than anyone, however, he knows that there are few like him in the world of monster hunters. He can be boisterous and impetuous given the right circumstance, but more often than not he can keep most of his impulses under control. He has been known to be competitive, letting his pride dictate his actions, and spurring him into the throws of combat. In a group he protective of his team, but he very rarely works with other people. He prefers to be a lone wolf of sorts, but knows that sometimes a lone wolf can't make it on his own. He also, like most people, has a small seeded dislike of Jaegers

[spoiler=Biography:]Gavin MacRieve, the last of the noble clan MacRieve wasn't always alone in the world. He was born into a loving family along with two sibling, a brother and sister. He never knew for wanting, as he was born into one of the wealthier families. His money and status never truly affected him, often showing compassion and understanding towards children his own age born to less fortunate families, just barely scraping by. This attitude upset his father and mother, who were both very proud people, believing they were superior than the common "trash" that their son seemed to like to talk to. His father saw this as weakness and sent Gavin away to each him what it meant to be a "MacRieve", which apparently meant something. His father sent him off to a special school to teach him to be a more respectable member of higher society. He stayed at this school until he was 17. After about 8 years away from his family, he was eager to see them again. He was in for a surprise, however, when he returned home, he found his family slaughtered, and a hooded figure slumped over his brother's body. The figure's head looked up and snarled at Gavin, bearing razor sharp fangs, specifically enlarged canines with blood dripping from them and the corners of the being's mouth. He tried to fight off the being, but it proved to be more powerful than him and escaped into the night. He was alone now, and he felt powerless. It was that day that he dedicated the next 9 years of his life to perfecting his fighting and weapons techniques. He started hunting Jaegers, believing it was one of them that had taken his family from him. He became increasing effective, each Jaeger falling faster than the last. Its been a long road, but in his mind, it's been a road worth traveling to someday find the Jaeger who killed his family.

Combat Information

Epithet: The Hunter of Monsters

Fighting Style: Gavin is almost a master swordsman. He seamlessly blends unarmed strikes with the slice of his blade. Its almost pure poetry when he's in battle.

Weapons: A variety of weapons hides on his person. On his left hip lays a silver bladed katana. Across his belt are silver inlaid throwing daggers. On his right hip are silver steaks. A combat knife rests in a special holster on his right boot and across his back belt loops is a special staff that extends and retracts at the push of a button.

Abilities:

• Agility: Unlike most humans, Gavin is fairly nimble and agile in the throws of combat.
  • Keen eyes: Though not super human, Gavin has a very good eye for small details that most would over look.
  • Acute hearing: Again, not super human, but he is able to determine where a sound comes from up to 25 yards away.

Other Information

None, (I cant think of anything lol)

I'd very much like to join in on this! I remember you saying something about half-Jaegers, and I like that idea. I Think I'll join with a character based off of Lavender by the story of the same name (found here if you want more info). I'll get to my app soon enough (though I should really finish up grading my contest first <*^_^)

[spoiler=Andula L. Gardner, the Lost Little Girl]

"I like lost things. Lost things like you, or like me."

Personal Information

Name: Andula L. Gardner

Race: Half-Jaeger, Spectre subclass

Based On: Lavander (see above link)

[spoiler=Appearance]

Andula is a petite girl, standing at only 4'4" with only 74 lbs. to speak of. She is quite pale, almost as white as a sheet, and her hair, which flows down to the backs of her knees, is a shade of purple not unlike lavender. In this hair, their are flowers of all colors, all colors except for purple. Her typical garb is a tattered off-white skirt monogrammed with her initials (A.L.G.), A gray blouse that flows in the wind (partially because it is slightly too big for her), and a large straw sunhat with a purple ribbon tied around it, tied into a small bow at the back.

[spoiler=Personality]

Andula is a curious girl, as well as an adventurous one. She reads about whatever she can whenever she can, and spends most of her days outside exploring the world. Though she's not exactly a walking encyclopedia, she is very knowledgeable and not afraid to show it. She also has an affinity for lost things. She is very affectionate, but at times she can be a bit... creepy. If you can look past that, though, Andula is a great friend and willing to cheer you up no matter what.

[spoiler=Biography]

Andula has been lost ever since she can remember. 

Born the daughter of poor Jeager and human farmers, she has struggled to keep a smile on her face. Her parents struggled to put her through school, which she loved very much despite being teasing by the other children, and spent more time in the fields of Willhelm than with Andula. Whenever she wasn't in school, Andula worked in the fields with her parents, though nothing to straining on account of her small frame. She sewed seeds, did some watering, things that didn't make much sense to her. But none of that mattered in the end. 

When the Lobos were freed from their imprisonment, everything went down in flames. Andula's home was destroyed, and her parents disappeared. It was because of this that she discovered her powers, and swore to use these powers to find her parents and take down the monsters that had taken them from her.

Combat Information

Epithet: Lost Little Girl

Fighting Style: Less like fighting, more like a child taunting you until you wear yourself out. When she can't do that, She runs and hides, and when that isn't possible, she's pretty much dead because you  know, she's 11. She does, however, make an excellent scout on account of her abilities. 

Weapons: None at the moment. Once again, she's 11. Why would you give a weapon to an 11 year old!?

[spoiler=Abilities]

Limited Intangibility

Has the ability to become untouchable for short periods of time (limit: 30 mins). Can be spread to other people/ objects through touch, though that makes it last a shorter period of time. Still affected by metaphysical attacks.

Limited Invisibility

Has the ability to become invisible for short periods of time (limit: 30 mins). Can be spread to other people/ objects through touch, though that makes it last a shorter period of time.

Misplaced Object Location

Has the ability to find lost things. Tends to work better on clothing and small things. 

Temperate Immunity

Unaffected internally by changes in temperature. Can still be burnt or frozen, but won't feel it.

Emergency Plane Shift

When in extreme peril, will phase out of this plane of existence to escape. Has no access to outside help in this alternative plane, and will phase back into this one once she has calmed. Cannot phase out while using any other abilities.

Other Information

|

Trivia

• Her first name comes from Lavandula, the root for lavender
  • The L. does not stand for lavender, but rather lilac. 
  • Doesn't remember anything leading up to or immediately following shifting in/out of this plane. 
  • Once dreamed of being a freelance teacher
  • Favorite subject in school was language arts.

Personal Information

Name: Gavin MacRieve

Race: Human

Based On:  Van Helsing

[spoiler=Appearance:] CuoBlgh.jpgGavin has amber gold eyes (Not seen in pic). He also stands 6'7".

[spoiler=Personality:] Gavin is stern, but fair. he has a great prideful nature, but at the same time he knows when to be humble. He doesn't think he is severely better than anyone, however, he knows that there are few like him in the world of monster hunters. He can be boisterous and impetuous given the right circumstance, but more often than not he can keep most of his impulses under control. He has been known to be competitive, letting his pride dictate his actions, and spurring him into the throws of combat. In a group he protective of his team, but he very rarely works with other people. He prefers to be a lone wolf of sorts, but knows that sometimes a lone wolf can't make it on his own. He also, like most people, has a small seeded dislike of Jaegers

[spoiler=Biography:]Gavin MacRieve, the last of the noble clan MacRieve wasn't always alone in the world. He was born into a loving family along with two sibling, a brother and sister. He never knew for wanting, as he was born into one of the wealthier families. His money and status never truly affected him, often showing compassion and understanding towards children his own age born to less fortunate families, just barely scraping by. This attitude upset his father and mother, who were both very proud people, believing they were superior than the common "trash" that their son seemed to like to talk to. His father saw this as weakness and sent Gavin away to each him what it meant to be a "MacRieve", which apparently meant something. His father sent him off to a special school to teach him to be a more respectable member of higher society. He stayed at this school until he was 17. After about 8 years away from his family, he was eager to see them again. He was in for a surprise, however, when he returned home, he found his family slaughtered, and a hooded figure slumped over his brother's body. The figure's head looked up and snarled at Gavin, bearing razor sharp fangs, specifically enlarged canines with blood dripping from them and the corners of the being's mouth. He tried to fight off the being, but it proved to be more powerful than him and escaped into the night. He was alone now, and he felt powerless. It was that day that he dedicated the next 9 years of his life to perfecting his fighting and weapons techniques. He started hunting Jaegers, believing it was one of them that had taken his family from him. He became increasing effective, each Jaeger falling faster than the last. Its been a long road, but in his mind, it's been a road worth traveling to someday find the Jaeger who killed his family.

Combat Information

Epithet: The Hunter of Monsters

Fighting Style: Gavin is almost a master swordsman. He seamlessly blends unarmed strikes with the slice of his blade. Its almost pure poetry when he's in battle.

Weapons: A variety of weapons hides on his person. On his left hip lays a silver bladed katana. Across his belt are silver inlaid throwing daggers. On his right hip are silver steaks. A combat knife rests in a special holster on his right boot and across his back belt loops is a special staff that extends and retracts at the push of a button.

Abilities:

• Agility: Unlike most humans, Gavin is fairly nimble and agile in the throws of combat.
  • Keen eyes: Though not super human, Gavin has a very good eye for small details that most would over look.
  • Acute hearing: Again, not super human, but he is able to determine where a sound comes from up to 25 yards away.

Other Information

None, (I cant think of anything lol)

Both are wonderful applications that I am sure the Host will have fun reading. I feel like both Gavin and Andula will join the cast of accepted characters.

I concur, Techi!

Gavin and Andula are both quite impressive characters! I believe they'll add much to Grimm Nights.

Gavin - APPROVED!!!

Andula - APPROVED!!!

By the way, Techi! How do you feel about Accelerator's app and Dr. Miracle's?

Accel's app was amazing. Hands down.

I have a lot of issues wth Allison as a character. The application isn't bad but as far as her combat and personality goes: I really don't get it. Combat-wise, She is top heavy with ridiculous amounts of power that is barely described or touched on along with two Jaeger forms that feels unwarrented and barely touched on and a unique Jaeger ability that is so powerful and neat that is just suffocated by the fact that she seems capable of doing everything still. I mean, the ability to control others is no laughing matter, both cool and stress inducing, Allison the Siren has the opportunity of being quite the anti-hero menace. All while she is also a mage with spells that are only described in name alone. This leaves a lot to the imagination as to what Allison the mage can do. That is unfortunate. Because as a mage, she wouldnt need a limit on the types of support and offensive power she can lend to a fight. With more description and depth, Allison the Mage could to be very useful to any team all while defeating opponents with variety over raw flat power like the beast and our Will-o-Wisp. Note that I named Allison the Siren and Allison the Mage. This is to show, quite plainly, that this character suggested is hardly in the budding stage with TWO possible characters as opposed to being a lengthy description of one seasoned and understood character. Neither her potentially powerful Siren power/form(s?) Nor her potentially useful spells are explored at all to the length I would desire. Just from the character concept and combat sections alone I would suggest chopping her into either Allison the Siren Jaeger or Allison the Human Mage. You could develop both sides still in seperate characters, and Allison the Siren could still be half - Jeager. But, her variety hardly seemed warranted in the least. Especially considering that she is described to have the most overpowered Jaeger ability yet (And Jack can't die.) I can' t appreciate a character whose abilities are barely explored, barely formed, and her design suffers for it. I would greatly appreciate Allison the Mage. Garvin needs company.

As for her bio: I don't get it. Why wouldnt her parents flee with her? What compels Rita to take her in and tell her parents to shove it? why does she inherrit two Jaeger forms from her mother. What even is her mother? Who was the thing she recognized in the the pen she opened and where did it go? That wasn't even looked at. Why does she feel like leaving Rita? I read it as closely as I could and the only thy I took from that was a significant lack of self coming from Allison.

Your writing is not the problem. You can do this. I just don't feel a coherent concept coming out of your camp yet and I urge you only to try harder so that we can all have more fun in the rp together. The first character was a concept that I didnt feel like connected it's theme to the personality or combat abiities. But, I could have still passed it if I didn't really care if you had much fun in the rp. I did care ;3. This character bolsters significantly larger difficulties with a lack of coherent theme all together. Her half-jaeger identity actually screwed you even more here because she was addressed and created s if you were developing a human and Jaeger character poorly and made them fuse. She bolsters a combat array I could not possibly approve into the Rp (And even if Host disagrees I would strongly urge him to give it a second look) Because here magic seems powerful and doesn't hold a single described limit all while she has the ability to control other characters(stand alone, this could be refined and accepted) that jambled together with the rest of her powers and two forms that makes her both versitile and powerful in the air and in the water.... This character is needlessly overweight with powers and abilities that are barely justified or explored. I can't accept Allison the multiformed half-Jaeger Siren Mage with quite apparently no explored weaknesses. Sorry Doc. I love you. That is why I am being so in depth. Because I feel this is fixable and your position in this Rp IS something I want.

Regardless, I agree wholeheartedly with Techi.

Things weren't necessarily adding up with the bio and the style of character your were going for. As Techi said, you can do this, the writing isn't the problem. You have to figure out the balance in your character and where it will go (be it mage or siren). And not try to make it overweighted with everything you have it now...nor making it overpowered and therefore godmodding (the no weakness whatsoever thing).

As for Accelerator...ACCEPTED!!!

If your talking about being in the same location, yeah.

If not, then perhaps. If you aren't in the location of the world, you could always be drawn/compelled to go to where the others would be,

Aw... So we don't get a black man with an eye patch and a man that isn't suprised by anything?

Jking, jking. XP

Archived