Grimm Nights [OOC | PG-16 | S | NA]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I did screw myself over with all the stuff I did? Anyways, I'll try to do my best as this is the first time I have ever did an rp before do so bear with me. I'll take into consideration aout this and try to make everything cohesive enough to help out. Anyways, thank you all for the pointers and support.

I remember my first Rp.

I was

So

Much

Worse.

Anywho: You take criticism very well, Doc. In turn, I will tell you like it is and help you get your character i good standing for the rp so you can participate, bud!

I remember my first Rp.

I was

So

Much

Worse.

Anywho: You take criticism very well, Doc. In turn, I will tell you like it is and help you get your character i good standing for the rp so you can participate, bud!

I believe everyone's first RP, they were very bad...I know I was xD

Edited in a theme song, much hype.

BTW will Skype group OOC be a thing?

Hadn't thought of it...but perhaps I will.

Sure you can... All you have to do is type...

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm impatient and excited as heck for this to get started.

As am I...granted, not sure if I want to start next week or not.

May wait until the other apps are completed.

Consider me interested.  I'm in quite a few other RPs (three of which I run), so getting an app rolling may take a bit, but I will get one done.

Thanks for the interest! Hope to see an app from ya!

Consider me interested.  I'm in quite a few other RPs (three of which I run), so getting an app rolling may take a bit, but I will get one done.

I am the co-host and it is likely that I will read over your app before the host does. I know what it is like to be a part of many rps. I understand them feels. Best of luck!

Aye, thank you Techi. So, what were the main points of interest that I should attend my focus on more in my resubmitted application?

Your character concept needs retooling. I strongly suggest keeping Mage Allison in the form of a human and redoing her application from there with a more close, intimate personality. Focus on her worries and place plenty of reasons to be worried in her bio. Keep Rita, go in depth on her. Retool your combat. Jn fact, as a powerful magician and a strong player on the human team, Alison would do very well having a lightning spell and a water spell along with a whole cast of support spells. You would be better off listing her spells individually by name and going into depth with their effect on the battlefield.

[spoiler=Angel]

4zqMXod.png

"May blessings shower you, human."

Personal Information | | Theme 

Name:  Angel

Race: Jaeger

Based On: Various angelic beings spread throughout mythology

[spoiler=Appearance]

db4ce4598c35f627717dc9cf15075c41e41bedfe

"A girl of my status must be dreadfully consistent in her beauty.  To refrain from doing so is foolish; I will not look like one of those commoners."

Angel is as what her name describes her to be; beautiful and elegant, with a kind face and a gracious smile.  Her normal attire consists of an upscale, overly fancy white dress that compliments her illusion of purity that she actively tries to maintain.  Her hair is long and colored golden; it seems to sparkle in light when shone upon, giving her the appearance of radiance when exposed to a source of light.  Her wings are usually folded close to her form; they are white, but on occasion can turn black - which mostly only happens when she's in a confrontation.

[spoiler=Personality]

"The way they beg, lie, and cheat... it's utterly disgusting.  I have woe for those who don't know any better; in their blind stupidity, they deserve to possess nothing."

Snobby.  jabroniy.  A jabroni.  Three words that you wouldn't assign to Angel, nor would anyone else that knew her from face value, but are common descriptions found among people who know her from behind the scenes.  As a healer, Angel must keep her visage holy and pure for the masses to venerate her; she basks in this, absolutely adoring being a point of worship.  As these facts would suggest, she's corrupt and material.  While she says the money that goes to her in her practices of healing go directly to helping out the poor in the capital city of Foblé, she really just spends it on luxurious decorations for her own private home in the noble section of the city, where she really hails from.  Man or Jaeger alike, she cares not; she is a being of want, and she wants their money.

But alas, no one knows any better.  The appearance of a girl who can heal all your ills is a compelling thing indeed.

[spoiler=Biography]

Alas, Angel was always this way.  She was born into an upper class Jaeger family of avians in the capital with little to no woes in her early life; everything was great!  Just fantastic, even. She was a beautiful child, with wings of white and hair of gold; an oddity, to her family, but they saw it as a blessing and spoiled her to the ends of the earth, giving her everything she needed to succeed in life, and succeed she did.  She became well versed in the art of healing - a natural talent of hers, it seemed; the art of healing is an incredibly rare art - but always seemed to use this power to bargain with people's lives.

"I'll save your life, for a small price..."

The actions she took with this abhorred her family; mortified by the fact that their daughter would let people die even when she could have easily saved them because they lacked the ability to fulfill her requests was a travesty in their eyes.  They pleaded with her to use the power she was gifted to save others, instead of herself, but she only laughed and shook her head.

"I am under no obligation to save a single life but my own.  If the price of their lives is gold, then I'll happily do that trade for them."

Eventually, her heinous attitude had her banished from her family of her father's accord.  She wandered the city alone for a while in a fit of rage after this.  She was nobility.  It wasn't her job to save people, after all.  If she could use her own power for personal gain, then so what?  She would do just that.

She eventually came across a certain slum, filled with the sick.

...this was her chance, she thought.  Her chance to finally make some money.

For four years, she has been the slum's healer; she charges exorbitant prices to the masses, who are blissfully unaware that they would be able to afford alternative medicines that would save their lives for a much, much cheaper price.  She's made a fortune off of overcharging them, and has bought her own place in the most expensive district of the city.

iU8EggM.png

Combat Information

Epithet: The Healer

[spoiler=Fighting Style]Angel doesn't fight.  In fact, she goes out of her way to avoid it; what use is she with her own power but supporting character?  Nevertheless, that is her role.  She plays the part of a healer in a party of combatants, and can swiftly mend anyone to full health - even from the brink of death.  Her brand of healing is perhaps the most powerful there is, but with her greedy attitude, she sparsely uses it, and takes great satisfaction at people begging for her to heal them.  However, she's an incredibly durable person herself; as a healer, she's able to heal any wounds inflicted upon her and freely does so, even from the tiniest nick.  However, this should rarely happen, as she tends to float around the outskirts of battles with her wings.

[spoiler=Weapons]

Angel carries only a small dagger on her person at all times.  It is laced with an expensive poison that slowly causes death to whomever it stabs; however, it is not magical, and other than the poison, it is simply a sharp and ornate knife.

[spoiler=Abilities]
  • Angel's Grace:  The ability to heal any wound from any condition back to full health.  This is Angel's claim to fame, and what she uses to heal illness.  She does not freely use this ability, either out of sheer pride or cruelty to those around her.  She very well knows that it's a precious skill to have and thus withholds it, to the chagrin of her comrades.
  • Flight:  Exactly as the title says.  Thanks to her massive wings, Angel possesses the coveted ability of flight.  While she can't fly very fast, she can still manage to evade most if not all attacks that aren't airborne.
  • Sinner's Respite:  An ability that she herself doesn't know she possesses yet, it's a sort of "reverse healing", capable of accelerating or worsening any wound, illness, or poison born in one's flesh.  A quick acting poison may act quicker; a cancer may develop at an impossibly quick rate; a simple cut may extend across the enemy's body, and so on and so forth.  An absolutely fantastic tool for torture.

iU8EggM.png

Other Information
[spoiler=Trivia]Not applicable at this moment.

[spoiler=Angel]

4zqMXod.png

"May blessings shower you, human."

Personal Information | |

Name:  Angel

Based On: Various angelic beings spread throughout mythology

[spoiler=Appearance]

db4ce4598c35f627717dc9cf15075c41e41bedfe

"A girl of my status must be dreadfully consistent in her beauty.  To refrain from doing so is foolish; I will not look like one of those commoners."

Angel is as what her name describes her to be; beautiful and elegant, with a kind face and a gracious smile.  Her normal attire consists of an upscale, overly fancy white dress that compliments her illusion of purity that she actively tries to maintain.  Her hair is long and colored golden; it seems to sparkle in light when shone upon, giving her the appearance of radiance when exposed to a source of light.  Her wings are usually folded close to her form; they are white, but on occasion can turn black - which mostly only happens when she's in a confrontation.

[spoiler=Personality]

"The way they beg, lie, and cheat... it's utterly disgusting.  I have woe for those who don't know any better; in their blind stupidity, they deserve to possess nothing."

Snobby.  b****y.  A c***.  Three words that you wouldn't assign to Angel, nor would anyone else that knew her from face value, but are common descriptions found among people who know her from behind the scenes.  As a healer, Angel must keep her visage holy and pure for the masses to venerate her; she basks in this, absolutely adoring being a point of worship.  As these facts would suggest, she's corrupt and material.  While she says the money that goes to her in her practices of healing go directly to helping out the poor in the capital city of Foblé, she really just spends it on luxurious decorations for her own private home in the noble section of the city, where she really hails from.  Man or Jaeger alike, she cares not; she is a being of want, and she wants their money.

But alas, no one knows any better.  The appearance of a girl who can heal all your ills is a compelling thing indeed.

[spoiler=Biography]

Alas, Angel was always this way.  She was born into an upper class Jaeger family of avians in the capital with little to no woes in her early life; everything was great!  Just fantastic, even. She was a beautiful child, with wings of white and hair of gold; an oddity, to her family, but they saw it as a blessing and spoiled her to the ends of the earth, giving her everything she needed to succeed in life, and succeed she did.  She became well versed in the art of healing - a natural talent of hers, it seemed; the art of healing is an incredibly rare art - but always seemed to use this power to bargain with people's lives.

"I'll save your life, for a small price..."

The actions she took with this abhorred her family; mortified by the fact that their daughter would let people die even when she could have easily saved them because they lacked the ability to fulfill her requests was a travesty in their eyes.  They pleaded with her to use the power she was gifted to save others, instead of herself, but she only laughed and shook her head.

"I am under no obligation to save a single life but my own.  If the price of their lives is gold, then I'll happily do that trade for them."

Eventually, her heinous attitude had her banished from her family of her father's accord.  She wandered the city alone for a while in a fit of rage after this.  She was nobility.  It wasn't her job to save people, after all.  If she could use her own power for personal gain, then so what?  She would do just that.

She eventually came across a certain slum, filled with the sick.

...this was her chance, she thought.  Her chance to finally make some money.

For four years, she has been the slum's healer; she charges exorbitant prices to the masses, who are blissfully unaware that they would be able to afford alternative medicines that would save their lives for a much, much cheaper price.  She's made a fortune off of overcharging them, and has bought her own place in the most expensive district of the city.

iU8EggM.png

Combat Information

Epithet: The Healer

[spoiler=Fighting Style]Angel doesn't fight.  In fact, she goes out of her way to avoid it; what use is she with her own power but supporting character?  Nevertheless, that is her role.  She plays the part of a healer in a party of combatants, and can swiftly mend anyone to full health - even from the brink of death.  Her brand of healing is perhaps the most powerful there is, but with her greedy attitude, she sparsely uses it, and takes great satisfaction at people begging for her to heal them.  However, she's an incredibly durable person herself; as a healer, she's able to heal any wounds inflicted upon her and freely does so, even from the tiniest nick.  However, this should rarely happen, as she tends to float around the outskirts of battles with her wings.

[spoiler=Weapons]

Angel carries only a small dagger on her person at all times.  It is laced with an expensive poison that slowly causes death to whomever it stabs; however, it is not magical, and other than the poison, it is simply a sharp and ornate knife.

[spoiler=Abilities]

• Angel's Grace:  The ability to heal any wound from any condition back to full health.  This is Angel's claim to fame, and what she uses to heal illness.  She does not freely use this ability, either out of sheer pride or cruelty to those around her.  She very well knows that it's a precious skill to have and thus withholds it, to the chagrin of her comrades.
  • Flight:  Exactly as the title says.  Thanks to her massive wings, Angel possesses the coveted ability of flight.  While she can't fly very fast, she can still manage to evade most if not all attacks that aren't airborne.
  • Sinner's Respite:  An ability that she herself doesn't know she possesses yet, it's a sort of "reverse healing", capable of accelerating or worsening any wound, illness, or poison born in one's flesh.  A quick acting poison may act quicker; a cancer may develop at an impossibly quick rate; a simple cut may extend across the enemy's body, and so on and so forth.  An absolutely fantastic tool for torture.

iU8EggM.png

Other Information
[spoiler=Trivia]Not applicable at this moment.

Hey Kate! Excuse the wait~

Angel has my thumbs up and its just up to the host now!!

Host, bud: I have fought my urge to call you "Sanic" with great success.

Go ahead and start the Rp!!

Thank goodness for that xD

I plan to start it this week, but I'm planning to give Kyng a chance to make an app first ^^

I edited Gwyll a bit, removed her ability to call wisps. And added to her a weapon.

Duly noted

So, with Chaos, Techi, Immortal and Saiku running brawlers, Neph with an burst caster, Cosmo, Aquatic and Goddess running supportish characters...I think I have an idea on how I am gonna make my character.

Glad to hear this. Can't wait to see what you'll be bringing forth!

Oh hey it's that thing that we talked about almost half a year ago :o

On a serious not though, is it still potentially accepting?

I knew you'd be waltzing in soon xD

Yeah we're still accepting...but unfortunately, someone has already taken the Van Hellsing idea xD

For lack of ability to come up with and properly craft a workable idea, I'll have to drop.  Best of luck though (^_^)/

Alright then. Thanks for the interest though! And remember, if you want to return, we'll be waiting!

[spoiler=Sigrúnnr, that big motherf*cker:]

JeNp7iY.png

"Timbeeer! Hahahahah!"

Personal Information

Name: Sigrúnnr

Based On: Jötnar

[spoiler=Appearance:]

gDpS3Hm.jpg

Height: 9 foot 5 inches

Weight: 1,023 lbs

Hair Colour: Blonde

Eye Colour: Brown

Body Type: Mesomorph

Sigrúnnr, as a giant, naturally towers over most folk, which naturally is his most obvious feature because he's huge. His body reflects such, a very large and muscular, well worked figure, a mixture of fat and muscle giving him a physique of a strongman more than a bodybuilder. He wears the same outfit every day, a tailored lumberjack outfit fit with hat and boots and all, but in truth he'd go about in rags if he could. He has a fairly short beard which he grooms on occasion, as well as a tattoo of a pair of axes on his left hand, the logo of the lumber mill he works for.

[spoiler=Personality:]Sigrúnnr, or Sig for short, is a loud and proud man who's height tends to make him overconfident in most regards. With a sense of invulnerability on his side he very rarely finds a reason to not perceive himself as invincible, and as such lives quite a happy-go-lucky lifestyle. He can eat whatever he wants, sleep whenever he wants, and go wherever he pleases, so naturally he's more often then not got a smile on his face to express such freedom.

Of course, then there is a big problem for him. Sig is a giant, which naturally has some serious drawbacks. For the most regard he's lonely - while finding an adoptive family is helpful, many strangers will more often then not rally a mob of torches and pitch forks, which is a common occurrence for him. While he tries to not let that get to him as much, one thought that haunts Sig is that he'd never find a partner, never have a family of his own, purely because he's the only giant that he knows to exist.

Consequentially, Sig tries to never think about the future and always live in the present. He has quite a warm nature to him in most regards, very paternal in nature and fiercely protective of those he calls his friends and family. He's quite the gentle giant in most senses. He is also quite in tune with nature, since he somewhat has to live outdoors, and rarely lets things of his go to waste - which is why he's been wearing the same clothes for 5 years.

[spoiler=Biography:]Sigrúnnr was born in a secluded little tribe of Jaegers who were all enormous humanoids, giants. It was an exiled group of his father, his mother, and his grandfather on his father's side. Apparently his father had eaten more than his fair share for two years and as such he was forbidden to return to the homelands. Thus, Sigrúnnr was born in fair solitude in most regards. He would know no siblings, and would grow up taking care of his grandfather and learning from his parents.

At 36 he was ripe and of age to strike out on his own. With a heartfelt goodbye and a smile on his face, Sigrúnnr made his way to try and find the tribe of giants his father was excluded from - the sins of his father would not be carried by the son.

The only problem was, as it turns out, people don't tend to like giants very much...

Yeah, that was kind of a huge oversight on his behalf. Pretty much every single time he saw a town, in seconds there'd be mobs forcing him out. Well, so much for relying on civilization. Turns out there was a reason giants lived nomadic lives in nature. So, Sigrúnnr followed suit and began to cope in the wilderness, which he did fairly well to his credit. It was here when he acquired his care and respect for nature.

Many years later, we'd find Sigrúnnr doing his usual thing until he hears a crazy-loud scream, yo. As it turns out, a poor helpless lass found herself trapped in the woods with a couple of bears on her trail about to end her life. While most people in his shoes, after such harsh treatment from humanity and relying on themselves and nature, would likely leave a girl to perish, Sigrúnnr couldn't bring himself to doing it, partially because of compassion...

...but mostly because this damsel was a babe. Like, seriously, she was ridiculously hot. With a shapely waist, a scrumptious set of hips which framed a perfect peach of an ass it was a miracle she didn't have back problems with her enormous pair of tits. She was an exaggeration to be sure, but it got him hot under the collar needless to say. Yep, Sigrúnnr is shameless. So, kicking bears aside he helped the fair maiden out - turns out her name was Bronwen, and she was gathering some food for dinner at her father's mill.

The hero returned her to her father's mill, and Bronwen worked her magic and got Sigrúnnr a job at his mill. The young lady even worked on making him some clothes, and her father commissioned the giant an enormous hatchet. That's how Sigrúnnr ended up living and working at the mill - still outdoors, he's huge, but it was better than walking around in rags.

Combat Information

Epithet:That big motherf*cker.[spoiler=Fighting Style:]

"Nature, give me strength!"

Sigrúnnr is a Mighty Glacier, lacking in speed, but abundant in strength. As a giant, the sheer force a simple punch or kick of his packs could smash a stone wall down - he's quiet the demolition expert in that regard. An engine of destruction, he's almost like a siege engine incarnate. The thing is, that's his best field of battle, since buildings can't move. Sigrúnnr lacks speed, which consequentially means that, while he has enough strength to topple trees, houses and more, something fast enough tends to be able to get away from him.

Needless to say, with that much strength comes great endurance. Living in the wilderness most of his life has given Sigrúnnr an adept survivalist mentality, as well as the fact that's he's huge. He has an enormous reserve of energy that allows him to take a substantial amount of damage and stay standing for more, with enough resistances to recover ready for round two. So, he's very efficient at soaking up aggro and damage.

Oh, another significant drawback is his size. He can't really go into many buildings. On the plus side, he can often use this sheer size to intimidate people.

[spoiler=Weapons:]Boulder: There's a reason big brutes throw big stones at people - it works. If in the area, don't expect Sigrúnnr to pass up the opportunity to nail someone with a massive rock.

Tree: While one who respects nature, Sigrúnnr has from time to time been seen keeping one of the trees he uproots - yes, uprooting an entire tree - as a giant club. This drastically allows him to extend his range which in turn allows him to make up for his lack of speed in combat. Trees, funnily enough, make good use for clobbering people.

You: More often than not, it isn't unusual for Sigrúnnr to pick up people and use them as throwing weapons if they're small or light enough - though given his herculean strength it isn't entirely unreasonable that he'd grab you by your legs and smack people with you as a last resort, especially if he's frustrated with you.

[spoiler=Abilities:]Intimidation: If you're smart enough to realize that bigger foes tend to hit harder, then you're sane enough to understand why a giant intimidates smaller creatures.

Rage: Being slow and getting hit a lot whilst never landing a blow can make someone very angry and frustrated. Sigrúnnr's anger can build into stacks of rage which can then be used to empower his next attacks. It enables Sigrúnnr to not be helpless when overwhelmed - the more damage he takes, the more he can dish out.

Power Attack: Winding up for an attack gives Sigrúnnr even more power to apply to the next blow, but it tends to not only give the enemy a big tip that he's getting ready for a big blow, but also a good time to evade said big blow. Still, if you're unfortunately tripped up or stumbled, or simpky stupid enough to take the full force of the attack willingly, expect nothing short of death.

Other Information

Theme Song: Jötunheimr

War Song: Skolldir Killing Spree

Archived