Aerith in Final Fantasy VII Remake

Astro Dude

Aerith  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should Aerith be resurrected near the end of the Final Fantasy VII Remake?

• Yes
    • No

I have an idea, hopefully you all can hear me out on this:

I had played a game called Eternal Sonata. In that game, one of it's characters, Claves, was killed by an assassin and as a result, would never be seen again, until near the end of the game where the party goes on a lengthy sidequest in a difficult labyrinth. The goal, Claves is alive in this labyrinth and can accompany the party while in it until they gather the seven pieces of her soul. After which, she is whole and can rejoin the party permanently, since she is resurrected.

I know there were a lot of fans of FF VII and Aerith who were shattered, heartbroken, destroyed, seeing her killed, and never to be used again. My question is, would it appease you if somehow, like Claves, Aerith should be resurrected and can be a permanent party member in the Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Kingdom Hearts isn't canon to FF7's story.

The pain of losing a party member and never being able to use her again is quite real and can't be accomplished with just having her die in the story and being able to re-unlock her later. It's not just a story thing, but a gameplay thing.

As a developer, sometimes you DO want to give the players that option(like in Disgaea games) but most people do not play FF7 to mess around with the stats and mechanics all that much. I see little to no merit in allowing players to somehow be able to get Aerith to rejoin the party when the opposite just cements in the emotional blow the game gives you.

Why am I the only one who wants to see Aerith resurrected?

Because the rest of us care about the series continuity.

Though this is turning out EXACTLY like a certain other poll

Very well, how's this... wait, was there a cloning factory in the main story?

Not that I can remember, but if I think I know what you're implying here, that'd be even more stupid. (Also it'd be a cop out)

I do remember there being *insert important character* clones.

How else would you explain her coming back and being in Kingdom Hearts?

I stopped taking the thread seriously here.

But as has been said Aerith's death is a central plot point and a springboard for Cloud's character development to really start going. Her death helps the player and the party to feel the true weight of the events that follow. Bringing back Aerith would make all of that emotional experience sort of meaningless. I wouldn't mind if they felt they just had to do bits of what Advent Children did with Cloud tripping out and seeing glimpses of her in the life stream but anything beyond that would be going too far for me.

As for your cloning idea there was no specific facility you went and visited for it but a certain important figure in the story has dozens of clones of himself running around all game. But said figure is the only one shown in the actual game of FF7 and not all the side stuff to have remained an individual and been able to exert influence in the real world while being part of the lifestream.

And so this thread ends just like that other thread with the same result.

I am playing through the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata at the moment..... Thanks for the Spoilers

Considering the TC has done this before regarding spoilers, you shouldn't be too surprised.

Fine, thread pointless, lock it.

Smartest thing you said all thread quite frankly.

Dude, the spoiler tags exist for a reason, use them.

Spoiler: This is not the first time anyone has asked him to use spoiler tags.

The game came out almost 20 years ago.

For other things you might have missed: Darth Vader is Luke's father and Snape kills Dumbledore

You're welcome.

For other things you might have missed: Darth Vader is Luke's father and Snape kills Dumbledore

You're welcome.

I know that, but in case you couldn't tell, the post of mine you quoted was regarding the TC seeing as people had a go at him for not using spoiler tags for spoily stuff in the past.

You're welcome.

How about you think about the other game he talked about that not everyone has actually played? Eternal Sonata is still not as widespread a game. :/

Archived