Too Overpowered?

The Nyx Avatar

ABHKIyv.png

Pendulum Effect:Cannot be destroyed by card effects. During each of your End Phases, pay 500 Life Points or send this card to the Graveyard.

Monster Effect:2 Tuner monsters + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
During your Main Phase: You can place this card in an empty Pendulum Card Zone. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Trap effects. Once per turn: You can pay 1500 Life Points and discard 1 card; take control of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. During each of your End Phases: Pay 500 Life Points or destroy this card.

Personally, I would have liked it more with the restriction of not letting the either controlled monster or this card attack that turn, if it meant the rest of the card would loosen up on drawbacks in the other categories. Like, investing 2 Tuners + a monster + discarding + about 1/5 of your initial LP, plus an extra maintenance LP cost... 

That effect being that powerful IMO is hurting the rest of the card in general.

It is neat that you can have a generic indestructible Scale 1, but the maintenance cost in exchange of just being there kind of bad, I'd say the opponent would go for the other Scale until they can get rid of this without destroying it.. It can be targeted so it can't be too unusual to find a solution for this. An issue I have with this though, is that it demands sending to the Graveyard... So the "I become a Scale" effect costs you 3 + Materials for the Synchro Summon, doesn't into the Zone like Odd-Eyes Rebellion does, and once there you have to pay LP every turn for this card that doesn't do anything else and that will not go back to the Extra Deck to be Pendulum Summoned later.... well... not that it matters, if we talk about non-destroying removal, it'd be bounced or banished anyways.

Not to mention it is a Level 10 so iirc, there is a single narrow combo of 2 cards that can give you enough of a Scale and only for a turn, a Spell that makes a Scale any number from 1 to 10 that turn, and an monster that can rise a Scale by 1.

Other than that, the card is neat, you'll probably OTK when it succeeds, and did you render the Pendulum/Synchro template? that looks beautiful. 

Personally, I would have liked it more with the restriction of not letting the either controlled monster or this card attack that turn, if it meant the rest of the card would loosen up on drawbacks in the other categories. Like, investing 2 Tuners + a monster + discarding + about 1/5 of your initial LP, plus an extra maintenance LP cost... 

That effect being that powerful IMO is hurting the rest of the card in general.

It is neat that you can have a generic indestructible Scale 1, but the maintenance cost in exchange of just being there kind of bad, I'd say the opponent would go for the other Scale until they can get rid of this without destroying it.. It can be targeted so it can't be too unusual to find a solution for this. An issue I have with this though, is that it demands sending to the Graveyard... So the "I become a Scale" effect costs you 3 + Materials for the Synchro Summon, doesn't into the Zone like Odd-Eyes Rebellion does, and once there you have to pay LP every turn for this card that doesn't do anything else and that will not go back to the Extra Deck to be Pendulum Summoned later.... well... not that it matters, if we talk about non-destroying removal, it'd be bounced or banished anyways.

Not to mention it is a Level 10 so iirc, there is a single narrow combo of 2 cards that can give you enough of a Scale and only for a turn, a Spell that makes a Scale any number from 1 to 10 that turn, and an monster that can rise a Scale by 1.

Other than that, the card is neat, you'll probably OTK when it succeeds, and did you render the Pendulum/Synchro template? that looks beautiful. 

Thank you. I originally gave this card such a heavy cost and maintenance cost so it would still be free to attack, and thus not be a Synchro deviation of Number 7: Big Eye. However, I've lowered its maintenance cost(s) to 500 Life Points.

Archived