Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Icecrown Team Showdown

Scarlet dashed to the side as soon as she saw the ground in front of her start to crack. She just barely managed to dodge the attack, causing her to stop in her tracks. It was almost scary how effortlessly she looked as she tossed out these powerful attacks. "So this is the power of a legendary..." She muttered under her breath, more impressed than scared. She turned to her pincers, before looking back at Diancie. Could she even put a dent on the legendary? Maybe not without a boost. She took the small breathing room she had as her attention was on Tianzi to do a short Swords Dance.

"Excuse me but could you tell your friend to stop stealing from me? Actually, what she has now about covers what I was going to give for reaching here, so I suppose that's about right." Scarlet couldn't help but chuckle as she finished up her dance. Was the legend even taking them seriously? It was a bit insulting, although it made sense considering their stature. She took a deep breath before dashing towards Diancie again. She was going to show Diancie not to take her lightly.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Icecrown Peak

Taiga, watching her teammates fight without her, felt relieved as she saw the Diancie basically wave away the oncoming attacks.  They were truly helpless without her, it was painful to watch.  However, her eyes couldn't look away.  This was a good time to actually watch Chrome Dome in action.  Before, that old man had gotten in the way so many times, it was visually distracting.  But seeing Scarlet in the thick of things now...the way she moved her frame...there was certainly a word for it.  However, Taiga's mind was too busy mesmerizing the figure that she couldn't even come up with one.  It was surely something to behold.  Her attention was disrupted once Diancie's attacks went flying.  A tear in the ground in front of Scarlet forced her away.  

"AW BOO!  That's fightin' dirty!  Let 'er hit ya will ya?!" 

Seeing Tianzi fire a large beam, but having it sliced through so easily by Diancie's attack was quite overwhelming.  It made Taiga actually glad she wasn't involved this time around.  Secretly..Taiga hoped that that attack from Diancie had the same effect on the Xatu that it had on his Solarbeam.  

"Fufufu...back to business."  Taiga said, bending over to grab some more crystals.

"Excuse me but could you tell your friend to stop stealing from me? Actually, what she has now about covers what I was going to give for reaching here, so I suppose that's about right.

"EH!?  I can hear you, you know?"  Taiga said, placing another crystal in your pocket.  "Stop focusin' so much on me, and get back to fightin'!  Knock her upside the head already, will ya Chrome Dome?!"  Taiga watched as Scarlet danced, no doubt a boost to her physical prowess.  However, the way she danced was distracting Taiga once again.  Stopping herself from grabbing anymore, she sat on the ground to watch the battle unfold with her legs crossed.  Was their truly honor among thieves?  Regardless, Taiga cupped her hands around her mouth and began to cheer.  "GOOOOO ISOLE!  GOOOOOO SCAR!  S.S. Showdown Crew represent!  YAHOOOOOO!"  Being apart of the team, she would be famously recognized as a member who took down Diancie...regardless of her participation.  After all, being a cheerleader was fun for once.  Who couldn't use a Helping Hand in these trying times?  

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Randy, now a little bit more in a calmed state, returned back towards the others of the little Alola group back to Morgan's place. Of course, it OBVIOUSLY showed that her parents once again didn't want them there, but then again, they would've heard by now the obvious assault they had against Allie and saving Moltres.

They probably would've been a little bit grateful.

x393wz.jpg

"Huh? Do you not like meat or something?"

"You could say that, I guess it's too heavy for me usually. Grains, fruits, and vegetables, they not only taste better to me, but they also make my body feel clean and refreshed after I eat, unlike how I feel whenever I eat meat."

"I guess not everyone has a palate that can appreciate the rich taste of meat."

"Sure, sure."

"And I'll take that off your hands, Keanu." Randy said, moving and grabbing Keanu's plate to move the food that was on it onto his own. He needed a lot of food right now, and how he wished he could've just chowed down like he normally would've, but then again, this was a quote-unquote prestigious establishment, so his normal ways would be quite frowned upon.

Plus at the same time, he did need some of the protein that the meat had to offer. After all, he was a wrestler.

x393wz.jpg

"Sooo...unless I missed something, we still haven't figured out where we're going to be going. I guess we'll be getting a map tomorrow, but man, I wish we actually knew more about these places. We might have to ask that Braviary or...Morgan's parents, for more information."

Randy was simply staring out of the window that the room had, hearing Keanu speak. He was right. With just a map they had nothing really else to go on. And to be surprised, the Incineroar hadn't heard him mentioning about the Morgan situation. And to be fair, he might've been a slight hasty there. Especially with the fact of the Chasers being out and stuff like that happening.

But at the same time, after hearing more after dinner of the whole situation on WHY Morgan wanted to leave, Randy couldn't help but actually start to lull the thought in his mind.

Finally, the Incineroar broke his silence with a deep, sighing growl. "Well, I doubt much of anything will happen with that Braviary guy. I don't think they'll help much, aside from givin' us a map. As for Morgan's parents...well, you see how much it pains them to want to have to interact with us. But then again, they might be able to help, just so they'll get us out of their hair."

He paused for a moment, before slowly turning on his heel and looking at Marie and Keanu. "Speaking of Morgan..." he stopped, sighing greatly. "What are you guy's thoughts on that? I mean, I guess I kinda spoke in a manner that was a tad bit condescending. And to be fair, we just went up against Allie like that...so I was still a bit on edge. So...now that I'm a bit more calm, lemme ask: what are you guys thinking on that?"

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine let out a sigh of relief as the blade of aura was pulled away from his neck. And as it turned out, the Aegislash seemed to think that Lok had checked out as well. Thinking they were good, the houndoom then realized something as he turned to face Gwendoline. If Kushiel had intended to search each and every one of them, then it would only be a matter of time before he found Fiona. He wasn't positive, but the girl seemed like an able enough liar normally. However, in the face of someone that serious and powerful, he wasn't sure if she would be able to put on any kind of convincing charade. Were she found out, best case scenario she'd die. Worst case scenario was something he didn't want to imagine. They needed to get out of this situation fast, but trying to just bolt out of here would be the worst possible thing for everyone and it wasn't like there was anywhere to run or hide. Which merely meant that they had to make him forget to check her. 

When he was younger, Nine's father had taught him about "talking your way out." When faced with a situation that would be disastrous no matter what option would be taken, this was the best possible course. He had taught him to pay attention to how people talked and what they said. See if they let anything slip or something that could cause a commonality between the two. The former had, somewhat, worked for Jabari, but Kushiel had nothing to hide to that extent. Which left the latter, though he wasn't quite sure what similarities he could draw between himself and the man before him. Were it his father, he would probably be able to fake interest in just about anything, but Nine was not so crafty or adept at lying. He had to find something that would be genuine, something that he could speak with real passion about. Something like....

As he reached his conclusion, the houndoom took a step closer towards Regigigas, pointing at the legend. His tone was curious and casual, though still tense both from the situation and nearly being decapitated. "hey, Kushiel, was it? You mind if I ask you a question." He did not wait for an answer. Merely taking a step towards Regigigas he pointed to him saying, "you said you were this guy's disciple right? And that you were an "avenger." What exactly does that mean?"

Kushiel turned toward Nine. "This region has forgotten the Disciples, but we still are here. Even if few in number. It is as it sounds. Regigias is my liege and master. I serve him, and serve to defend him and this region. As do the others...at least that was the purpose."

Nine brow furrowed as he took in the new information, saying, "whoa." With a small smile he said, "that sounds pretty cool. It's a bit strange that something as important as that wouldn't be recorded though." A pensive looked crossed his face, before turning to Regigigas saying, "so why is he all the way out here? Aren't legends more apt to stay in caves or temples?"

"Regigigas is....not like most legends. Even I do not know how he came to be in this place." Kushiel looked at the Legend, and frowned. "He must have a reason to be here though."

"Hm." The houndoom seemed to be curious about this as well before turning back to the Aegislash. "Well, it must be pretty interesting working for a legend so unique. How did you end up as his Disciple?"

"He chose me, after I completed the 'Chaser Challenge'." A ghost of a smile crossed his face as he spoke the last two words.

Nine's look changes to awe struck as his voice gets quieter, "chaser challenge...you completed it...?" A big smile crosses his face as he says, "that's so cool! I mean, I was certain some existed but to think that someone actually did it, and is still alive to this day!? Truly, I am honored to meet you." His eyes were alit with excitement and his words were genuine in praise.

Kushiel looked askance at Nine. "Cool you say...These trials are not for the faint of heart. Without a steadfast heart you will not make it far...Tell me, what do you plan to do if you complete it?"

Nine's expression became more neutral, and he meets Kushiel's look. "That's a bit of a difficult one to say. To be honest, when I first started this, I think I did it because I felt like something was missing in my life, and this could fill it. I've been at this for awhile now, and while I might not have been very lucky in finding legends, I found experiences. Both good and bad, natural and man-made. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there's something wrong with our country, but what caused it, and why does it persist?" 

The houndoom's expression shifted to become more serious. "I haven't found the answers to these questions, and even if others think that bloodshed is the true solution, I refuse it. But, I know in chasing I'll be able to figure it out. If I complete the challenge, then I will be on equal footing to the very legends that let our world be, and through that, I believe I'll be able to find those answers. So I guess, if I complete it, I'll look for ways to make this world a better place. It sounds a bit too noble for me I guess, but, that is the conclusion I've reached."

"Zekrom would like to meet you, I think." Kushiel responded.

A smile crossed Nine's face as he said, "I am honored that you think so." 

"And that's how its done! See that? We can fight, and we can win! We're the strongest team if we just...just try!" She stumbled a bit, causing Ari to surge forward in confused concern, and Kazo to tilt his head. "You did well, too, Kazo. Good work supporting your leader. And you, Ari..." She grabbed him by the shoulder...and almost fell over. "You fought well...almost as well as me...Almost." She took a deep breath. "Why is the forest spinning?" And then she was falling.

Ari did his best to carry the older girl... but he was so small compared to her. "Sooo," he started. "What do we do now?" Kazo walked over, picking up Ari and plopping him on his shoulders before scooping up Mac and throwing her over his shoulder. 

"Let's get to a town. The poison will either wear off by the time we get there, or we can get her some help," He said as he walked off. They had to reach one soon, right?

Denku was barely in the door when one of the people that where already in the house--- Kah, was it?--- greeted him.

"Late night out, huh? What's a new visitor in town doing out this late after just getting here anyway? Figured you'd maybe want to stick around, maybe turn in early, then do... whatever it is you're doing, tomorrow." Denku looked at her, narrowing his eyes. She was pretty noisy... but it seemed he was no better. Might as well give her an answer.

"I was just looking to see if my brother passed through this town," He explained. "We were separated as children, and I found out when I went back to Juyu, he became a Chaser, so I've been looking for him ever since. Was hoping a floating city would catch his attention, but apparently not," Suddenly, Dora ran down the hall towards him. 

"Welcome back! Hey, hey, that lady there, apparently you're gonna sleep with her, isn't that neat?" Denku looked over at Dora and back to Kah, before looking at Dora. He bent down and patted her head.

"I rather sleep alone, but yes, it is... neat," he looked around before continuing. "Hey, remember that kid you were playing with earlier? Her name is Mai, and she wants to play with you and Fawkes tomorrow. Make sure Brooke and Easter know that the child wants to play with you and Fawkes, okay?" He stood up. "Tomorrow, at noon, alright? We have to make sure you, Fawkes, Easter, and Brooke are ready," 

jOzNrUn.png

Poké: 290
Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (empty)
"I was just looking to see if my brother passed through this town."

"Oh?"

"We were separated as children, and I found out when I went back to Juyu, he became a Chaser, so I've been looking for him ever since. Was hoping a floating city would catch his attention, but apparently not."

"A Chaser, eh?" Kah thought back to her recent... -ish, adventures with a little group of Chasers. Mac, Ari, and Kazo. She didn't know much about Ari's past, and of Mac's, the only thing that stood out was that her full name was Mackenzie. Kazo, on the other hand. Kah knew some things about him, though some of the details were foggy. She remembered however, that he also had a brother. It wasn't a topic she really got too deep into, and it was only ever brought up in passing on the road, but the coincidence that she knew a Chaser who had a brother tickled her fancy. "I was with a Chaser once who had a brother. Nice guy, even if he didn't look like one. Can't judge a book by its cover I suppose." Kah took a brief moment to take another bite from the piece of pie she had with her, also allowing Denku a brief moment to respond to her statement if he wanted. Once she swallowed the next bite, she said "So, tell me more about this mystery man you're looking for."

rSmNb2O.png

Poké: 800

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x3

"I’d rather share a room with the kids, anyways, if that’s alright. I’d sleep easier knowing they were close by. Sorry if this is inconvenient. We're probably pushing your hospitality, but we've been through too much to be comfortable with being separated."

"Well, worry not, the children's room is the smaller so it may be inconvenient for you. But that is for you to decide. I would give you three the other room but I wouldn't want to kick Fi out of the place she's been settled in already."

A sound came from the entrance, and Sebastian commented that it was probably Denku returning. Dora seemed mighty eager to rush off and greet him. Fawkes opted to stay here instead. That lady up at the front of the house gave her the creeps.

"What a joyful young lady. In any case, I hope you find my home to be acceptable. I don't know what you're used to but I try to make it comfortable. Granted if you came all the way from Deku, you must be happy for a warm place at all. I must wonder, by the way, did you encounter anything odd before coming to my city? On the boat trip, perhaps? There has been a lot of trouble for people coming and going from the city lately, how did you get past the whirlpools?"

"You could say we got lucky. Or we had a good ship's captain."

"A bit of both really," Fawkes added. "After everything we've been through since leaving Deku, I don't think 'lucky' is a big enough word."

P1JjewJ.png?1

Marie wasn't quite sure what to make of Morgan's speech. She felt bad for not letting her new friend come along, but things would probably be even worse if she did without her parents knowing, let alone not approving. However, after the girl seemed to become riled up and wanting to do her best, Marie got pumped up as well saying, "yeah! You can do it Morgan!" After she pumped her fist into the air, the girl waved to her friend goodbye as they went back to their house. She realized then that they'd be going right back there, and that a goodbye like that was probably a bit awkward. And so, once Randy had came back, the group didn't have much else to do but make their way back to the mansion.

Once there, Marie was still a bit peeved about how politely rude Morgan's parents were, but started thinking about them more. She found her mind wandering a bit more and more as time went on, merely looking around at the house, and trying to take everything. She was a bit less spacey as they sat down for dinner, and ate rather slowly. She chuckled a bit as Keanu declined the meat, but then lightly slapped Randy's arm as he took it saying, "it's not polite to take things without asking first." The girl then went back to her own food before finally retiring to their room. 

Sitting down, Keanu brought up the point about needing a guide, and Randy seemed to agree as well. While they didn't have much options, her face lit up when they mentioned bringing Morgan along, only to get a bit more troubled. The girl started twiddling her fingers about as she spoke. "Well, I think they'd be super fun to have around and they probably know a lot about this region that we don't. But it's probably dangerous outside if the cities are like this. But they already seem to be fine with danger. But it doesn't seem right to just take them away from their parents. But I'm not sure if they're happy here, and it's not like every parent wants their children around anyway." Her tone seemed to shift from troubled to bitter towards the end of what she was saying, only for her to then grab a pillow and stuff her face into it. "AAAAAAAHHHHHH!" Her muffled shout could be heard through it, before she fell backwards onto the bed. Pillow still over her face she said, "this is really hard guys." 

Adarid Team Karaoke

There was a moment of silence that felt like an eternity as the two stared at each other. The Aegislash's blade felt heavy on Lok's shoulder, and didn't help the situation at all. Finally, he spoke up. "I am sorry that you have been dragged into this. The strong should be protecting the weak." Lok took a sigh of relief, although he did take small offense to being called weak. Trying to argue against it, though, would be a mistake. "You two seem to be telling the truth, though I feel there is something wrong here." He turned to Gwen, who didn't have to speak a word in order to get a pass from him. Everything seemed like it was going well, until the man turned to the wagon where Fiona was. There was no doubt in Lok's mind that, if this Aegislash were to judge Fiona, things would not end well for any of them.

Nine, probably realizing this too, almost immediately jumped into some sort of plan to distract him. The houndoom started talking about Regigigas, who was still standing in the middle of the road, which seemed to get Kushiel's attention. The two started conversing, which was good because it meant that Kushiel was no longer going to the wagon. "Chaser Challenge..." Lok muttered to himself as the two were talking. It sounded extremely dangerous, but the idea of getting chosen by a legendary was enticing. After all, they were ultimately on this journey to find legends to begin with. Still, it seemed far our of Lok's reach, at least at the moment. He instinctively turned to where Fiona was, thinking about what she had been saying about Form Change. Maybe he'd be strong enough to think about the challenge after it...

He quickly turned away from Fiona, realizing that it might bring the attention back to her. "S-so, mister Kushiel, right?" He spoke up as the two finished their conversation, walking towards the Aegislash. "What exactly is this "Chaser Challenge"? You said they're trials not for the faint of heart but... like, what is it, exactly?" 

Team Mac, Day 20, Road to Weynon

Kazo found it slightly difficult to get Mac up over his shoulder. In part because she, despite being weak, was struggling to not be carried. The other issue was that she was still holding onto Ari so he had to shake her off of him before anything else.

After he finally got her into place, Mac laughed a bit. "Next town...ways away, gonna be a loooong trip." She seemed to have become a bit delirious in her weakened state and began rambling as they traveled. "I wonder how mom and dad are doing. I hope they caught the camel. Do you guys like camels? We should have brought a camel. Why didn't we get a camel?"

-----

The two had to take care of the extremely weakened girl for quite some time. It took them a grand total of five days, during which they had to fend off the occasional wild animal, and had to make sure that Mac didn't get even worse off. By the time they arrived at the city, Mac was constantly in a cold sweat, unable to even speak properly, and too weak to so much as stand on her own.

Map

Weynon, a city of wood carvers. Its only claim to fame is the skill of their woodworkers. Able to make almost anything out of wood if they put their mind to it. It's a large city, however there's nothing particularly special about it. Stores, houses, and several buildings for wood storage, but nothing impressive. The most impressive thing about the city is the resident's attitude. Which tends to be arrogantly confident. As if they know something you don't know. The largest building is located near the northern end of the city. A house built inside of a tree, which the people refer to as "The Princess's Palace".

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 28, Mioter

Sebastian glanced at Brooke, expecting her to add something, but the girl seemed distracted. "Worried about Denku, perhaps?" He asked with a slightly teasing tone. To the others he nodded. It was hard to tell if he believed them but he didn't press the question at all. "You all should certainly tell me about your journey some time, it seems quite fascinating! If that's it, though, I should get going. Officially business to be done and the day is mostly over."

He left the group then, giving a fond smile to Fi on the way out. "Be sure to make them comfortable, you've been here the longest after all."

---

"Okaaaaay" Dora responded to Denku, before turning and running back to the other group. As soon as she saw them, passing Sebastian, who would go past Kah and Denku on his way out of the house, she yelled out towards Fawkes. "Heeeey Mai wants to play with us tomorrow!" She stated, without elaborating who "Mai" was.

Team Alola, Day 7, Northshore

Once the group finally made a decision, their night would be marked by various degree of troubled sleep, and the morning they'd be woken bright and early by the servants of the household. Evidently Morgan's parents wanted them out as soon as possible, so they were escorted for a quick breakfast before being, as polite as possible, sent off.

When they went to the mercenary's outpost, the leader met them at the entrance. He had with him several bags filled with various food, 1000 Poke, and a map of the region. On top of that he offered them a small selection of TMs, if so desired, to help them on their journey. He seemed to be bothered by his own decision but would remain firm about it.

As they left the city, the people they met were there to wish them goodbye, and wish them luck. Everyone else was kept away from the area to be sure they didn't try anything.

Team Showdown, Day 28, Icecrown

Tianzi's Solar Beam shot out towards Diancie, but was met with a Moonblast. The beam weakened but still continued on towards Diancie, hitting the stone and causing some chips to fly off it.

The Legend flinched slightly, finally seeming to have taken some damage. However she responded nearly immediately, shooting out another Diamond Storm centered around Tianzi and peppering them with the hard, shining, stones.

When Scarlet made her charge Diancie was ready. She had seen the Dance and new she should expect an attack. This time she didn't go on the defensive, but instead attacked Scarlet with another gem. This one more energy-based, and singular, as opposed to the Storm from before.

Isole glanced at Taiga, a look of partial horror on her face, as she had no idea how to feel about it. "That's what I'm doing." She grumbled, looking away in embarrassment. As Scarlet got attacked, Isole decided to make her move. She fired up a powered up Thunderbolt. This, too, Diancie blocked with the rock. However it was stronger now and, combined with the light damage from before, some cracks appeared in the stone.

Team Karaoke, Day 25, Road to Northshore

Gwen listened to Nine and Kushiel's conversation. It was going over her head in many regards. She hadn't really thought much about the whole being a Chaser thing. She wanted to do it to be able to help more people but she never really thought about what it all...meant. She didn't want to speak up, though, as to not break Nine's distraction.
Fiona cowered in the wagon, trying her hardest to stealthily lower herself from sight. If they managed to distract him long enough perhaps he'd let them go without having to ask her anything...

When they had seemingly finished their conversation Gwen was still in thought. This time revolving around Regigigas. He had been watching them this whole time. Well, not them, the wagon. His gaze was focused on it and Gwen had a feeling he had been watching Fiona for quite some time. Did he know? If so, why didn't he say anything? Gwen began to worry that he was about to at any moment and so she missed the brief lull in the conversation. Once she realized, Lok was already asking a question of his own.

"What exactly is this "Chaser Challenge"? You said they're trials not for the faint of heart but... like, what is it, exactly?"

"Is that not what you are traveling for? I thought most knew." He paused. "The general idea is Gijinka facing legends, taking their trials, and earning their favor. Legend says that if you finish enough you become a legend yourself."

He glanced at the three of them, examining their faces, mulling over his next statement. "However this is not true. Chasers were an ancient order. Faithful Gijinka who took it upon them to complete trials. In order to serve the Legends directly. True, they gain strength, and the ability to influence Legends to some extent, but a regular Gijinka cannot become a Legend usually. That is what the Disciples are. Gijinka who completed these trials and earned the right to become allies with the Legends that control this world."

Gwen's eyes widened. That was the truth? What they were working towards...was that? Could she really help anyone merely by becoming that? Would she be forced to go along with the Legend's whims or would she have her own say? "How many of you..are there?" Gwen said.

Kushiel frowned. "There...were five known Disciples in our time. Two are dead. I sensed their life leaving them recently. And one...has been given the title. In a manner unusual but still acknowledged...by some." It was clear Kushiel didn't think this newcomer was a true Disciple but it appeared he didn't want to question it.

The exchange they were having was oddly tense, which Brooke felt bad about, but she wasn’t the type of person to trust a stranger---not even a hospitable one. “Maybe sometime,” she said, still not sure why the Gallade was so interested in their travels. Maybe it was common outside of Deku?

She pushed such critical thoughts to the back of her mind and smiled at Sebastian. “Thank you, Sebastian. Even if we seem suspicious, we really do appreciate you letting us stay here.”

Dora waddled in as fast her little legs could carry her, brushing past the departing Gallade to shout, "Heey Mai wants to play with us tomorrow!" Brooke made a face, trying to remember ‘Mai’, but she couldn’t think of anyone.

“Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. Who’s Mai? Is she someone you met at the park?” Brooke had gotten a lot of practice at controlling her tone, and Dora would recognize her current one as hesitant. Brooke had done her best to let Dora socialize, but she had always been careful to meet the parents and children before she allowed Dora to play with them. This would most likely be no exception.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine raised an eyebrow as Kushiel told them about the real purpose behind the chaser trials. Furrowing his brow, stroking his chin a bit, he mumbled, "hm, so it's just to become a disciple? Well, that certainly makes thing a bit more difficult." Seeming a bit pensive, the boy simply clapped his hands together and said, "well, nothing to be done about that." Despite the words used, Nine didn't seem to be any bit deterred in expression or mind towards his goal and so he instead listened intently as Kushiel continued speaking on. While Nine was curious about the method that the other person used to ascend to the position of Disciple, there was something else that he was curious about. "So Kushiel, if you knew about the role of Chasers and Disciples, why did you try to become one? It hardly seems like a self-serving reward for the effort." 

P1JjewJ.png?1

While Marie seemed to start to think it was a good idea to bring Morgan along with her, Randy seemed to think otherwise. Thinking it would be dangerous to bring another kid along, to which Marie resented the statement, and that it was clear that the Adarid region was filled with all different kinds of dangers. If the godslayer was just the tip of the iceberg then it wouldn't be good to put someone else in that kind of danger. All the same, Marie was persistent on the idea of keeping Morgan around, but both because of Randy's own firmness on the matter and Keanu's general apathy on it as well, Marie felt herself out numbered and out determined in the decision. Though unhappy about it, Marie eventually saw it best to keep Morgan in Northshore and didn't press the matter any further. All the same, she said, "well, we still need to know where to go. So why don't we just ask that guy who told us to leave? He might not be the nicest person but he at least seems to want to help us?" 

With that done, the group eventually went to sleep, and when next they woke up, they were hastily rushed through their morning procedures. The girl felt groggy throughout the whole ordeal, and with the haste that the home owners seemed to have, Marie was somewhat disgruntled as well. All the same, she gave a hearty, "bye Morgan, it was nice meeting you. Sorry we had to go so soon but don't worry! I'll be back someday soon for sure and have a bunch of cool stories to tell you about!" She then turned towards the parents again, her face quite stiff as it was trying to hold back any kind of visible negativity towards them. Doing a small bow she said, "thank you for having us." With a wave, the girl gave one last goodbye before beginning her walk to the edge of Northshore.

As they made it to the outpost, the girl happily accepted the food, money and map from the man there to greet them. She was a bit surprised by the man giving out TMs, thinking those things were pretty rare, but all the same, happily took one for a technique called "Work Up." With that done, she looked to the man and said, "hey mister. We're not from here so uh, would you be able to tell us what's in each direction?" From there, the braviary described what each city was like, that was in there general area. 

Trailsau didn't sound particularly fun. Adarid, the confusingly named city, was way too far a walk for the girl to want to go there. Alpha seemed a bit...weird and creepy, and that was not a place Marie felt like going to at the moment. So instead, she looked to the map and pointed at Mowloo saying, "hey guys, why don't we go here. It sounds pretty neat and not like a really bad place to be." Whatever the choice, Marie thanked the mercenary for his help once again, and left with the group as they decided on where to go next. 

With the children in tow, Kazo began to walk, despite all the difficulty that Mac struggling against him caused. He really should stock up on medicine in the next town. The next five days were not easy, not at all. Between making sure everyone was fed, fending off wild animals, and making sure Mac was stable, those five days were very stressful. Still, they made it through, and the group finally made it to Weynon.

Kazo looked around as they walked into the town, whistling. "Man, so many trees. It's like a forest in here," He looked up to Ari. "Try not to set anything on fire, okay?" He joked before looking around. Finding a random civilian, Kazo walked over, adjusting Mac the potato sack over his shoulder. "Excuse me, do you know where I can find a medicine shop? It's really important. She's been poisoned for a good five days," Kazo mentioned, motioning to the potato sack Mac.

"A Chaser, eh? I was with a Chaser once who had a brother. Nice guy, even if he didn't look like one. Can't judge a book by its cover I suppose." Kah took a brief moment to take another bite from the piece of pie she had with her, also allowing Denku a brief moment to respond to her statement if he wanted. Once she swallowed the next bite, she said "So, tell me more about this mystery man you're looking for."

Denku was quiet at first as Dora ran off. He wanted to make sure she didn't flop over on her way there. "Oh, well, he's a... well, he'd either be a Gabite or Garchomp at this point I suppose. I haven't seen him in so long. He's a kind kid... has a fear of women... not that I particularly blame the boy," He paused. "Oh, yeah, his name is Kazo," He added. "Suppose I should have lead with that. Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind, and honestly, I'm almost convinced no one has seen him,"

jOzNrUn.png

"Oh, well, he's a... well, he'd either be a Gabite or Garchomp at this point I suppose."

What a coincidence, Kah mused to herself as she took another bite of the piece of roseli pie. This stuff really hit the spot. She'd have to make more if she ever got the chance.

"I haven't seen him in so long. He's a kind kid... has a fear of women... not that I particularly blame the boy. Oh, yeah, his name is Kazo." 

"I--" Kah began to blurt out, before the last bit of pie in her mouth was thrown into the back of her mouth and down her throat. Kah made an effort to not break into an audible coughing fit as her body tried straightening out the situation with the pie, creating more of a muffled huffing sort of sound in the process. Quiet enough that Denku probably wouldn't have heard it unless he was paying attention. By the time she'd fixed it and gotten the relatively large bite of pie to go down her throat, Denku was still talking.

"Suppose I should have lead with that. Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind, and honestly, I'm almost convinced no one has seen him."

"I've seen him," Kah exclaimed. "He's... not what you'd think a dragon-type would be. In a good way, I mean! I hope he's okay, come to think of it."

rSmNb2O.png

"Heeeey Mai wants to play with us tomorrow!"

Who? Fawkes had no recollection of ever meeting anyone by that name. Was Dora just making up names for things? It didn't seem out of character for her at all. That had to be it.

"Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. Who's Mai? Is she someone you met at the park?"

Or they could ask about this Mai person. Even better. "I don't remember meeting anyone named Mai. Are you sure you didn't just mishear something?"

Icecrown Team Showdown

As Scarlet was charging towards Diancie, the legend flung a large, energy powered gem at her. She was, however, prepared for something like. Luckily, it wasn't too hard to side-step, as it was only one projectile. Still, it slowed her down a bit. Despite that, she kept on dashing forward closer and closer to Diancie while she blocked Tiazni's attack. If she were to get close enough, she would fling her fist forward in an attempt to strike the legend with a Bullet Punch. She could only hope that it would be enough to at least make Diancie take things a bit more seriously with the fight.

Adarid Team Karaoke

"Is that not what you are traveling for? I thought most knew." He paused, before explaining the Chaser Challenge to him. Lok was still trying to wrap his head around what the man had said to him as the others started questioning him. What he thought was just going to be a trip to find one of the legends was apparently a quest to become a disciple... it was a bit much to take on at once. He wasn't sure if he was capable of it, considering his strength. He wasn't even sure if he wanted to even if he was strong enough. He thought about what Fiona had told him about form change. Maybe after that he'd be strong enough? He turned to Kushiel as Nine asked his question. Lok was also curious; maybe the Aegislash's response would clear some stuff up.

“Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. Who’s Mai? Is she someone you met at the park?”

Brooke sounded worried. Why was Brooke worried? Brooke didn't worry...did she? Dora couldn't remember. But it didn't seem right. Brooke was so big! And fire-y! What would she be worried about? "She's my friend!"

"I don't remember meeting anyone named Mai. Are you sure you didn't just mishear something?"

"It's very rude to forget friends." Dora scolded Fawkes. "I didn't forget YOUR name, gosh." She seemed to have, ironically, forgotten that she didn't know the Skitty's name before this. "We only met today! But it's okay Fawkes I won't tell her you forgot, isn't that nice?" Dora was smiling again, all forgiven in the few moments between sentences.
She yawned loudly then, and her head drooped. The girl flopped her face onto Fawkes shoulder and, given the size difference, the Zorua would almost be knocked over. It was clear Dora was done for the day.

"So Kushiel, if you knew about the role of Chasers and Disciples, why did you try to become one? It hardly seems like a self-serving reward for the effort."

Kushiel shook his head. "I did not. It was only after I completed the trials that I was told." He looked towards Regigigas. "I was angry. I thought it unfair. My wishes were to go to waste because of a misunderstanding. I fought Regigigas, to force him to honor a promise that was never given. It was only after he defeated me so thoroughly that I realized my place in the world."

He glanced at the trio. "The Legends are strong. More than what you normally think of as strong. Their spirit is powerful. Capable of changing the world. That is what I serve, that spirit, the power to change. In the hopes that I can aid them down a path that will bring the world to light."

"Now that that is done." He pointed at the wagon. "Girl, come down here."

Fiona jumped, and poked her head above the edge of the wagon. She took a deep breath and crawled out of it. She was shaking as she shuffled towards the Aegislash. She'd have to attack. The moment she got there, she would strike. Hopefully if she attacked quick enough the others would follow and they had a chance to defeat this man before he was able to strike her down.

As she got within range Kushiel stepped forward. The time was now...

"Enough."

Kushiel, and Fiona, paused and looked towards the voice. Regigigas was looking at Kushiel. "Enough." Regigigas said again.

Kushiel relaxed and the sword vanished from his grip. "Of course, milord, as you say." Kushiel moved next to the Legend and stood straight. It seemed that he was finished talking to the group.

And still Regigigas stood, looking at the group, no hint of his intentions clear. Silent. Stalwart.

Gwen glanced around before moving to Fiona, placing a hand on her shoulder, she murmured to the girl that it was okay, she could relax, and then led her back to the wagon. She'd let the boys deal with the rest, she needed to be sure Fiona was alright.

Team Mac, Day 25, Weynon

The woman that Kazo asked scoffed at him. "There's one down that way, but looking at you, I doubt you can afford it. And we don't take charity here." She upturned her face and walked away, muttering about "Dirty riffraff" as she went. Kazo and Ari would find similar responses as they went along the road, or what constituted a road here, a dirt path more like, heading towards where the woman indicated.

However Ari would be on occasion greeted with a "Oh you poor dear, stuck with such a frightful man." and Kazo would, every once in a while, have someone, usually male, confront him about the girl he was carrying.

It wasn't until they reached the doorstep of the medicine shop, however, that anyone actually stopped them.

They were leaving the shop, with an armful of various medicines in a bag, when they spotted the group. A tall woman, nearly as tall as Kazo himself, with short blonde hair, a pointed nose, and a noble look. The Leavanny narrowed her eyes at the group. "Who are you, and what are you doing carrying that injured child in such a way?"

Diancie didn't expect Scarlet to dodge her attack so quickly. Neither did Isole, who had to press herself onto the rough ground to avoid the attack that missed the Scizor from striking her. After she did she began to move closer slowly. Since Tianzi seemed to be barely there after taking the Diamond Storm it seemed it would be up to her and Scarlet.

This was quite unpleasant.

Diancie merely had time to raise the rock to try and block Scarlet's attack. However it had been weakened previously and as Scarlet landed the punch...it shattered!

"Well now, I suppose I should get serious."

The brief feeling of success at the victory wouldn't last long. For now something seemed to change in the Legend. Her legs were now revealed, and it was shown that the rock was actually just covering them. But that wasn't all. She radiated a power that she hadn't before. She moved quickly, much more quickly than before, and fired another Power Gem at Scarlet. This one was from nearly point blank range and it struck the girl's chest. The force of it would cause much harm to the girl and immediately after Diancie would glide, her toes just barely above the ground, to the side.

Isole got up and raised her hands, releasing a Thunder Wave at Diancie. However as it reached the Legend it seemed to bounce right off of her and back towards Isole. The Rotom was too shocked by this to make another move.

Diancie didn't seem to have the same issue as she shot out yet another Diamond Storm in the girl's direction.

"There's one down that way, but looking at you, I doubt you can afford it. And we don't take charity here." The woman Kazo asked (Gods, he asked a woman...) scoffed at them. Kazo just blinked as he heard her mentioned something about dirty riffraff as she left. Man, it was a great thing Sai or Denku wasn't here. They would be so pissed.

Kazo, on the other hand, took it and moved on. It wasn't the worst thing he had ever been called, so it didn't bug him as much. Heck, even the people that pitied Ari for traveling with him didn't bug him that much. He felt the same way. No, what bugged him was the men that would confront him about Mac. Like, isn't it obvious she was sick?! These people had their noses so high in the air that if it rained, the poor saps would drown.

Still, he was able to get them easily, and they managed to get to the medicine shop. Before they could enter though, someone actually stopped him, a tall woman, one that looked like she would and could bite his head off. Fun.

"Who are you, and what are you doing carrying that injured child in such a way?" she asked. Kazo blinked and looked at Mac.

"W-well, I'm K-Kazo, this is Ari," He motioned to the young lion cub. "A-And this is our...," He paused for a good second. He was really about to say it out loud. Oh boy. "l-leader, Mac. She was poisoned on the way h-here, so I carried her here. A-and we need to get her an a-antidote, and then look for an i-inn" He shrugged. "S-so, if you don't mind, I'd like to get moving s-so she can actually sleep in a proper bed while she recovers," Huh. He actually managed to get that out.

Maybe being around Kah and Mac was... helping him?

The woman stood with one hand on her hip, looking Kazo up and down. "You are much more frightened than frightening. Not the villain I expected. Though, how do I know you aren't putting on an act?" Kazo blinked. Wait, did everyone... did everyone think he was... a punk? Kazo looked over himself and down to Ari.

"D-do I really look like a villain?" he asked the lion cub before looking at himself. "M-maybe I need new clothes. My brother told me it made me look cool though...," He muttered before turning back to the woman. "W-well... I mean, y-you can ask Ari or Mac... o-other than that, th-there's not much I can do to prove I-I'm not a villain. W-we just got here, after all and I guess everyone s-seems to think I-I'm a villain,"

"We have reason to be wary..." The Leavanny looked up at the sun. "Damn, I'm late, she's probably awake." She went to leave, but she glanced back at Kazo. "If you want to protect her you should become more confident."

"Y-yeah, I'm working on that...," He muttered before heading inside the shop. Using 100 pokes, he managed to snag the last antidote the shop had. Apparently, the woman they just met regularly bought out all the medicine. So it seemed he didn't get to buy more. Joy. He quickly applied the said antidote to Mac before heading out. They needed to find an inn, and they needed to do it before the sun went down.

"I've seen him," Kah exclaimed. "He's... not what you'd think a dragon-type would be. In a good way, I mean! I hope he's okay, come to think of it." Denku froze as she said this. He looked at her, a million thoughts going through his head. She saw him? How? Why? Was she messing with him? No, no, there was no reason for her to, right? So many emotions he didn't know he had came rushing back to the surface. Nearly unable to contain himself, he took a step to her.

"You have? Where at? How long ago? Where was he last?" He reached into his cloak, pulling out his map. Hopefully it was recently and nearby. "Oh, wait, how is he? Is he alright? What do you mean, not like what you think a dragon-type would be?" The questions came tumbling out of his mouth. She was the first real lead he had in this entire journey.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

-The Night Prior-

"Well, I think they'd be super fun to have around and they probably know a lot about this region that we don't. But it's probably dangerous outside if the cities are like this. But they already seem to be fine with danger. But it doesn't seem right to just take them away from their parents. But I'm not sure if they're happy here, and it's not like every parent wants their children around anyway. AAAAAAAHHHHHH! This is really hard guys."

Randy could understand where Marie was coming from, but still, he had his own opinion. But right now, they were one for and one against...meaning Keanu had to be the tie breaker.

Fantastic, the surfer is our tiebreaker... he chuckled, listening for Keanu's response...

x393wz.jpg

-Present Day-

"Bye Morgan, it was nice meeting you. Sorry we had to go so soon but don't worry! I'll be back someday soon for sure and have a bunch of cool stories to tell you about! Thank you for having us."

The group ended up deciding to keep Morgan here in Northshore, unless by a divine act of Arceus himself. Either way, Randy moved towards Morgan and her family after Marie was finished. He crouched down and gave Morgan a hi-five with a warm smile. "We'll see ya later, kiddo. Remember what I said. I know good and well you'll be quite the strong one. Stay safe."

He stood up and stretched some, before approaching the Espeon and Flareon parents and clearing his throats. Bowing his head slightly, Randy smiled. "Thank you both for the hospitality. I know it won't mean much, but if we ever find it back to Alola and you end up in that neck of the world, just know we'll be happy to return the hospitality."

With his peace said, he moved and arrived near the entrance where the Braviary stood and the Incineroar was presented with the required items they were needing.

RANDY OBTAINED:

*1000 POKÉ

*MAP

Randy stuffed this and most of the items in his bag and then when it came time for the TMs, one immediately caught his eye: Acrobatics. He rubbed his chin a bit and thought about this for a while. It immediately made him remember something: Sol Mask, his idol, did tend to use Acrobatics a lot in his matches. A wide grin spread upon his face as he moved and took Acrobatics. This would be something the federation wouldn't expect when I return. Heh, the look on their faces!

The Incineroar looked and then slung his bag over his shoulder and approached the Braviary and after his description of the other locations, he looked at Marie.

"hey guys, why don't we go here. It sounds pretty neat and not like a really bad place to be."

"Mowloo? I don't have a problem with that. How bout you, Keanu?"

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine was a bit shocked to see that Kushiel had been under the same misconception they all had been, and even more so to think the man as seemingly rigid as him would be possessed by a rage to fight the legends themselves in defiance to that misconception. While Kushiel only reinforced the point that the legends were quite strong, there was something about everything that was going on that made Nine think on that statement. Clearly, all of them weren't on a level of strength beyond imagination, after all whatever had defeated Volcanion, Meloetta and the other golems were evidence enough of that. Even if it was a more special strength beyond raw power, Nine now knew of something that something that could, supposedly, rival that. While he was a bit lost in his own thoughts, the man became more alert as Kushiel seemed to notice Fiona. Or, perhaps it would've been better to say that he just now decided to get around to it. Nine gulped a bit as the man approached her, the rising tension only made more dense by the sudden vocalization from Regigigas. 

As Kushiel had stopped, Nine looked back between the legend and his disciple, unsure of what was about to come, only for the man to back down. As they stood beside each other, it became clear that the time for conversation had come to an end. With that in mind, trying his best not to seem shaken by the whole thing, Nine said, "well it seems like we should get going now. I thank you for all that you've taught me Kushiel, and I will keep it in mind as I continue my chase. I hope to meet you again, and maybe share some stories from both of our adventures. And I wouldn't mind seeing what your king would give me for a challenge, either." While Nine wanted to tell the two what he had learned about the godslayers, there was still very little he actually understood about it himself, and he didn't want to aggravate the situation with Fiona any more than it already was either. Turning around, Nine looked to the carriage, and as he began to walk back towards it, he stopped.

The man's expression changed to become more pensive as he felt a sudden rush of awkwardness go through him. Letting out a sigh, trying to keep calm, though made a bit more difficult then before Nine turned back to the legend and disciple. "So uh, we need to go down this road to uh, get to Northshore. So - I mean, if you know another route to take from here that's cool, but yeah." 

Icecrown Team Showdown

As Scarlet dashed towards Diancie, the legend brought up the rock in order to block the attack. However, it shattered as Scarlet's punch struck it. She couldn't help but grin wildly as she saw the crystals in the air sparkling around them. It was a beautiful scene to behold. However, it didn't last long. "Well now, I suppose I should get serious." The legend's words rung in Scarlet's head, filling her with both fear and excitement. She barely had time to take in Diancie's new form as the legend fired off another Power Gem at her.

This time, she had neither the time to dodge it nor brace herself as the stone slammed onto her. It felt like she was being struck by a ball of energy as she flew across the landscape, tumbling on the snow covered ice and on the ground next to Isole. Her ears rung as she laid on the snow, still trying to process what was going on. She watched as Isole tried to paralyze Diancie, only to have it bounce back to her. Slowly, Scarlet started getting up, clutching her side as she watched Diancie aim her arm towards Isole. She doubted Isole could take on an assault like that, and she wasn't eager to see that happen. She dashed towards Isole, pushing her out of the way of the Diamond Storm. 

She let out a loud shout as the rocks slammed into her, knocking her back down to the ground. This time, however, she didn't get up from the attack. Instead, she laid there on the snow, her breath heavy. Her body was screaming in agony, the cuts forms by the scrapping rocks leaving faint trails of blood on the snow. It amazed her just how strong the legendary was. 

Adarid Team Karaoke

Lok listened as Kushiel answered Nine. He seemed to also believe that he'd get a spot as a legendary like some Chasers apparently thought. Lok nearly jumped, however, as Kushiel drew his attention back to Fiona. Luckily, Regigigas stepped in to interrupt. Lok let out a sigh of relief as it would seem that the conversation was over. Fiona had made it out without being judged by Kushiel. He followed Gwen and Fiona towards the wagon before stopping, turning back. He realized that Regigias had, in fact, not moved out of the way. Nine had also realized this, and talked to the legend and the disciple. Lok took a look around him, noting the lack of any other path they could take. He made his way towards Regigias. "H-Hey, uh... Regigigas, right? Uh..." He started talking nervously, before taking a deep breath. "I-I don't want to be rude, but... this is the only path to Northshire. Could you please m... move...?" He stared up at the legend, shaking in fear.

jOzNrUn.png

"You have? Where at? How long ago? Where was he last? Oh, wait, how is he? Is he alright? What do you mean, not like what you think a dragon-type would be?"

"Ah, I meant his personality," Kah answered, starting with the question that stuck out most. "I'm not sure if it only applies back home, but dragon-types tend to be sort of... haughty. Proud of their lineage, convinced other types are inferior, that sort of thing. I'm still a bit like that admittedly, but I'm working on it. Slowly." Right, he had asked other questions too. Where did she see him, and how long ago? Was he alright? I hope so.

Kah paused for another quick bite of the pie upon her plate. If she glanced down at it, she'd notice that it was the last bite, now leaving the plate empty. She didn't glance down at it. "As for how he's doing, since that seems important... he was doing alright last I saw him, I think. But we did have a bit of a falling out. I don't think he'd be all that eager to see me again." Kah looked at the map Denku had held out for her. Was that really what the Adarid region was shaped like? Oh well. "As for where I saw him..." Kah made for another bite of pie, only now noticing the plate was empty. "Just a moment." Kah made for the kitchen, where the rest of the pie was waiting.

rSmNb2O.png

"It's very rude to forget friends. I didn't forget YOUR name, gosh. We only met today! But it's okay Fawkes I won't tell her you forgot, isn't that nice?"

That's not what I meant... Why was Fawkes being scolded by Dora of all people? She didn't have much time to think about it though, before Dora let out a loud yawn, then promptly fell onto Fawkes's shoulder. The size and weight difference between the two nearly knocked Fawkes to the floor, but she was able to stop it just a little bit by reaching for the nearest wall to hold herself up with. "Could someone help get her off me?" she asked.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Taiga sat, still watching the spectacle unravel before her.  Finally, one of Scarlet's attacks had gotten through the Diancie's barrier.  Even though it hadn't really connected with the Legendary, and did damage, it was still something that neither of them had accomplished before hand. 

"YEAH!  That's what I'm talkin' about Chrome Dome!  Show her what that armor's really for, eh!?"  However, now it seemed to be shifting into the legendary's favor. 

"Well now, I suppose I should get serious."  She raised herself from the rock she sat atop of, revealing that the Gijinka actually had a pair of legs!  Diancie shot an attack right into Scarlet, impossible to avoid.  It shot the armor-clad warrior back.  In that same moment, Isole was now in shock from an attack that seemed to bounce of the Legendary's skin.  Any attempts to impede that Gijinka's movement would prove futile.  As Diancie launched another attack at the impaired Isole, Taiga instinctively got up and made an attempt to dash in the way of the attack, but she saw that Scarlet had already done so.  She was pelted with a barrage of stones, staining the ice on the mountain as red as the clothes on Chrome Dome's body.  Taiga put up her hands in the shape of a T. 

"Time!"  She shouted, making her way over to Scarlet.  She picked up the heap of a Gijinka, who was bleeding from multiple injuries.  "Geez Scar...look what you've gotten yourself into.  Fufufu."  Her laugh wasn't as happy as it usually was.  "Are you really gonna let this overgrown diamond whip ya around like this?  Ya can't let that happen, Red. Or at least...I won't let it."  Taiga stood up.  After watching the fight for a while, her stamina had finally caught back up with her.  She pointed at the Legendary with a cocky smile.  "Ya done went too far their Ms. Shiny Sparkles.  And I ain't gonna let it slide this time, so here comes a new challenger!."  Looking behind her to Scarlet, she winked.  "After all...I want more than just the gems I gots now."  A rushing geyser propelled Taiga into the air, as she looked down at Diancie with a toothy grin.  "Help Isole recover...smack her around or something...While I take care of princess over here."  Taiga stood triumphantly on her waterfall, laughing as it made it's way to crash into the Legend.   

Brooke plucked Dora up off of Fawkes, smiling in spite of herself. “Alright, well, we’ll see about this Mai in the morning. We should get to bed.” She ushered the girls into the room, waving at the rest of the group, tired herself.

It wasn’t until she had tucked Dora into bed, rolling the little girl up into a burrito (because that was Dora’s favorite way to sleep for some reason), that Brooke suddenly realized that she had completely forgotten to meet up with Sada and Phineas.

She swore under her breath and crept out of the room, snooping around for Sebastian. If she found him, it would only take her a minute of beating around the bush to ask, “do you know anyone who would deliver a message for me tonight? I’ll pay,”, and then explained her situation (vaguely).

Team Mac, Day 25, Weynon

The inn, as it turned out, was run by the woman that Kazo had first talked to upon entering the city. She seemed almost appalled that they would walk into her place of business. "You could have at least cleaned up before coming here." She sniffed, as if smelling them, and cringed. "If you want to stay here you'll have to pay extra. A smell like that could keep away customers. 70 per night...each. And don't try and look around, no one else would have the charity to take you in."

Mac stirred in Kazo's arm and let out a groan as the Antidote worked its way through her system. Her eyelids fluttered open and, once she realized where she was, she hit Kazo on the top of the head. Though as weak as she was right then he could barely feel it. "Where are we? Let me down...you better not have tried anything while I was out." A few moments passed before she elaborated. "I can't imagine what both of you could mess up without my guidance."

As Kah got to her pie she'd notice a message waiting for her, something asking her to meet someone, and she would have to leave before she could continue her discussion with Denku.

Meanwhile Dora would be comfortably snoring in her room. Comfortable for her, that is. Anyone who got near her would be peppered with an unusual force. It wouldn't do much damage but if hit more than once it would start to sting.

The night seemed to be winding down, the house was silent, and everyone would be urged to rest in their rooms...

Sebastian, after returning home, would gladly accept Brooke's message, telling her that he would be sure to have it delivered soon. However he seemed oddly uncomfortable upon mention of Sada, though he'd wave it off as them being a stranger to him.

Team Alola, Day 8, Road out of Northshore

It would take the group two days to reach a crossroads. According to the map from here they could go west, which would lead them to Alpha and then to Adarid City, or south which would lead them through the jungle to Mowloo. While they made sure of which direction they wanted to go a pair of travelers one male, one female, came from the west.

"Did you believe that guy, about Juyu?" One of them was saying.

"Hard to believe a couple days ago it got leveled."

"And it was that Godslayer that did it, ya know, the one all those rumors are about?"

"They must be strong if even Heather lost. Do you think anywhere is safe?"

"Dunno, but Northshore probably is our best bet. Mowloo isn't bad but...I don't want anything to do with those savages. How can people live there with those Gijinka right below them?"

It was then that the duo seemed to notice the group. "Hey, who're you?" The female, a Magmar, said.

"I wouldn't talk to them, that big guy, he looks like trouble." The male, a Floatzel, said.

"Yeah but the other two are just a pair of cuties, maybe they'd come with us if we asked."

"Maybe, but the big one..."

The Magmar scoffed. "C'mon, after those bastards abandoned us in Trailsau we need some new friends. Way things are going these days..."

"Fine, hey, you two." The Floatzel said. "How bout you leave that guy and come with us, you don't look like you're from these parts, bet it'd be helpful to have some friends who know what's what eh?"

"So uh, we need to go down this road to uh, get to Northshore. So - I mean, if you know another route to take from here that's cool, but yeah."

After being informed that, no, there's not another route that would be easy for a wagon to travel, Lok spoke up as well.

"I-I don't want to be rude, but... this is the only path to Northshore. Could you please m... move...?"

Regigigas stared at the young man for a while before answering. "Continue." He said. Kushiel glanced at the Legend and, with a knowing look, stepped to the side.

"Um, what do you mean...you're in the path, sir." Gwen said. She couldn't quite see what it was this man wanted them to do.

"Continue." He said again.

"Oh, come on." Fiona said, getting a bit frustrating. "Er, I mean, if he says we should go...then I guess let's just...keep going. M-maybe he can pass through objects or something?"

Gwen wasn't so sure of that. He was clearly no Ghost, nor Psychic, so she had no idea what they planned on doing.

But at this point it seemed there was no other way other than waiting or walking. "Do you want to try it?" Gwen asked the family in the wagon. They seemed unsure but, after looking at the Legend once more, they decided to trust that this was the correct thing to do.

Getting into the wagon, Gwen reached out and grabbed Lok's hand. Fiona, giving Gwen the briefest looks of annoyance, grabbed Lok's other hand as well.

The wagon moved forward, the horse pulling it seemingly unconcerned about the rather passive person in its way.

As soon as the horse reached Regigigas, moments before running into him, he grabbed the horse by the underside. In a swift and powerful motion he lifted the horse up and over him. As the wagon came towards him he reached out with his other hand and grabbed that as well. Lifting both the wagon and horse as though it were nothing Regigigas, without moving his feet, placed the wagon and horse on the other side of him.

He said nothing and as soon as this was done went back to his unmoving state. He wouldn't respond to anything said about this.

Fiona was at a loss for words, her grip having simply tightened around Lok's. Which would be quite uncomfortable for the young man due to her strength.

Gwen, however, moved up to stand, watching as Regigigas grew smaller with distance. "We will never understand Legends, will we?" She asked to no one in particular.

------

After two more days of travel the group would find themselves at another crossroads. This one leading to either Northshore or Mowloo. While it was obvious which way they would go they decided this would be a good spot to stop for the night.

Sitting around the fire, the group would suddenly hear a loud voice calling out. "I knew we could do it, Noshi." The voice, coming from a yellow haired girl. She was talking to a smaller, black haired, boy. Who seemed to be trying hard to not be noticed, despite being next to such a loud individual. "I wish I could've taken Entei down by myself like with Suicune but he was juuust a bit too tough. Glad I found you before I fought him again."

The boy, Noshi, seemed to notice the group first. The moment he did his eyes widened. "Rei, company." He said in a dejected tone. "Probably going to rob us." The boy seemed to be the gloomy type.

"Hey! People! You're not thieves right?" The girl said. She almost looked like she hoped they were, and electricity crackled around her body.

Isole stared at Scarlet. She didn't need to do that. She could have just attacked Diancie while she was preoccupied with attacking Isole. Sure, the Rotom likely would have been hurt, but why would she do that?

Taiga's words focused her, and the Rotom responded. "No need. I can fight." Isole said. She glanced down at Scarlet and, before anything else, administered a Super Potion. It wouldn't fully recover the girl but it could help. She hadn't wanted to use it, intending to keep it in case she got hurt, but..."Thank you." Isole whispered, barely audibly.

Diancie looked surprised that Taiga attacked so suddenly and wasn't able to protect herself in time. The waterfall crashing against her hurt, and she gasped at the feeling. She was still standing, or rather floating, and she, with surprising strength, backhanded Taiga and sent her to the side.

"You, you have an interesting ability...I want it." There was an odd noise "vrrrr" as a beam connected between Taiga and Diancie. It lasted for only a few moments but Taiga would feel an odd tingling.

And after it, Diancie laughed. "Oh, this seems fun..." And an aura flared around her. When she moved next she was slightly faster than before, and she put distance between herself and Taiga, firing a Moonblast at her once she was away.

She was prepared to fire another at Isole when she realized that the Rotom had vanished.

Before she could target Scarlet instead, Isole suddenly appeared in front of her, and rammed her. The attack was weak but it surprised Diancie, causing her to be unable to counter.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Taiga's attack had connected, as she could feel the Legend get caught up in the torrent beneath her.  However, Diancie powered through the attack, and made her way up the waterfall to promptly smack her with the backside of a hand.  Taiga was surprised by the strength of the attack, as she was flung to one of the far sides of the mountain.  She picked herself up, and wiped a bit of spittle from her mouth, smiling.  

"Geez princess...didn't think you were the type for playing rough.  Fufufufu.  But that's just the way I like it!"  Her quip was interrupted by a sudden light, binding the two Gijinka together.  

"You, you have an interesting ability...I want it."

"W-w-w-wait just a sec there princess!  Stop vrrrrrr'ing me will ya!"  as the beam whirred, Scarlet could feel something vital being exchanged with Diancie.  It was like a piece of her was being exchanged for something else.  When it was over, Taiga felt as if all the air in her lungs was gone, and everything was in slow motion.  "Damnit...what did ya do to me..."  Looking up, she could see one of those attacks she had fired at Tianzi earlier head her way.  It looked like it was going so fast, but Taiga's body wouldn't move as quickly as she wanted to.  She opted to duck under the attack, landing on the ground with a puff of snow released into the air.  "Damnit!  I can't be this slow...I'm Taiga the Terrible!  I gotta go fast!"  Taiga looked up from the ground to notice Isole sneak attacking the Diancie with a tackle of sorts...whatever that was good for.  "Isole!  Slow 'er down!  Maybe try that one attack from earlier on 'er again!"  Taiga dusted some snow off her body.  "For some reason, I think it'll work this time."  Taiga said, with another cocky smile.

Taiga looked to Scarlet, with a smile. 

"Isole made an opening for us, Chrome Dome!  Better give it your all, or I won't forgive ya!"  Taiga exclaimed with another wink, rising on another huge geyser of water.  It made it's way, albeit a little slower, for a crash course towards Diancie.  

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Hey, who're you?"

"I wouldn't talk to them, that big guy, he looks like trouble."

Here they were, heading to some place called Mowloo, and Randy and company were stopped by a Floatzel and a Magmar...and already he was being called out by this pair...who apparently didn't know what whispering was.

"Yeah but the other two are just a pair of cuties, maybe they'd come with us if we asked."

"Maybe, but the big one..."

"...can hear you." Randy cleared his throat, making it known that he could in fact hear everything that the pair was saying.

"How bout you leave that guy and come with us, you don't look like you're from these parts, bet it'd be helpful to have some friends who know what's what eh?"

The Incineroar slowly raised an eyebrow as the Floatzel spoke to Keanu and Marie and pretty much asked them to leave him and go with the pair of them. Yeeeeaaaaaah that don't sound fishy at all... he thought, clearing his throat again. Might as well try and be friendly. "Alola. Name's Randy Roarton and these are Keanu and Marie."

"Hello..." the Magmar said slowly.

"What kind of name is Roarton?" the Floatzel asked, before speaking to the Magmar. "Somethings up with him, I think he's a criminal."

Randy was a little offended by this sudden accusation, as he exhaled slowly. "....no...not a criminal. Professional wrestler actually..."

"Professional...wrestler?" Floatzel repeated, while Magmar leaned in to talk to Marie.

Randy nodded. "Yeah. It's a pretty interesting job I have over in Alola. So, I heard you mention something about a Godslayer? What's wrong?"

"Foreigners." the Floatzel said darkly, making Randy feel a bit uneasy by the way he said that. "What's wrong? Go to Juyu and you'll see, the place is in ruins."

"Jeez..." Randy sighed, running his hand through his hair. "First that Godslayer Tyranitar trying to attack Moltres and now more Godslayers destroying places. This region really isn't that friendly..."

"What do you mean, it wasn't a Tyranitar, there's only one Godslayer."

Now this piece of information was a bit strange to him. Only one? Randy could've swore that Allie said she was a Godslayer, so how could there be only one? "Well from Northshore, I think that's the place, there was this Tyranitar who said she was. She literally almost killed Moltres, if me and these guys didn't step in." Randy explained to the Floatzel. "But...there's only one?"

The Magmar stopped talking to Marie to turn to Randy. "Northshore too?"

"Don't listen to him." the Floatzel said, his eyes narrowing at Randy "I told you I thought something was off, this guy's trying to trick us."

"What the...? Trick...?" Randy asked, a bit taken back by the blatant accusations this Floatzel was making. He began to slowly grind his teeth, as he let out a low growl. This was starting to piss him off. "Buddy if I WAS trying to trick you, I would've found a way to make a better story up than that! HELL! If I was of ill-will, like you were saying, I would've probably wouldn't have been as worried and concerned as I am! Arceus damn...does everyone on this region treat people from other places like their the damn plague?!"

The moment Randy shouted at the Floatzel, he watched him crouch down. "He's angry, get over here, quick!"

....Arceus...DAMNIT!!!!

Archived