Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Brooke regarded Fawkes for a moment after Reshiram answered. “Courage is doing something you don’t have to because you should, in spite of the consequences,” she said. “Don’t get it and fearlessness mixed up. Being fearless means you ignore the consequences of your actions and do whatever you want, and it won’t do anything but get you killed.”

A metal-clad woman appeared out of nowhere, and Reshiram shot a pillar of fire at it, which the creature matched with their own attack. The impact shook shook the closest buildings and melted the pavement in the area beneath it. Fawkes stumbled and backed up. "Maybe we should back off…”

Brooke looked from side-to-side. People were scattering now, panicking and shoving. Denku launched off to attack the metal-clad woman. Brooke ground her teeth and fought down the incredible frustration that she was currently feeling for getting caught up in yet another battle they had no part in. “Fawkes,” she said loud enough for the Zorua to hear her over the chaos. “Take Dora and get out of here. I’ll come find you all once this is all over. And do me a favor?” She took off her hat and plopped it down snugly on Fawkes’ own head. “Keep this safe for me, alright? It’s really important to me. A friend of mine gave it to me a long time ago, as a good luck charm. Hopefully it’ll work for you too. Now get going.”

Fire began to encompass her arm rapidly, forming into an enormous arm of flames, and she stuck out her arm and caught Kah’s attack in the palm of her hand. It exploded and smoke engulfed the area. “Fawkes! I said go, now!” she yelled loudly, gesturing for them to leave.

BGM

Brooke emerged from the smoke glowering at Kah. “For what it’s worth, I didn’t like you from the get-go,” she said, flames licking up her heels and embers drifting off her hair. “You stank of racism and undeserved ego. You made a half decent pie though, so I let it go.” She twisted her neck, working out the kinks, and popped her knuckles loudly. “Not so easy to let it go this time, so I’ll return the favor. Ever had humble pie?” She smirked. “It’s real bitter but it’s good for ya in the long run.”

“C’mere and I’ll show you.”

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Alola, Day 14, Mowloo Jungle

The group of Gijinka shifted their attention away from the large one as he seemed to be in some way referring to them. The Pikachu's demeanor felt odd to them, like he wasn't even really there, so they focused their attention on the small one. The magic one. They surrounded the girl and jabbered with each other, seemingly amazed at something they couldn't quite explain.

It wasn't until they tried to grab her and lift her up in the air that a sharp, female, voice cut through their jabbering. They stopped and backed away, still near Marie, and looked anywhere besides where the voice was coming from.

It was a young woman, dressed unlike the others, that came forward. The horn-like protrusion on her head looked solid and, if one were to look closely, it would seem to be some kind of bone. She had wings on her back however they were small, stunted, and seemingly useless.

There didn't seem to be anything special about her but the Gijinka surrounded the group, or more specifically Marie, lowered their gazes as she came up, She gave a few more sharp words and then looked at the group. "Who are you?" She said, slowly, practiced, as though unused to the language. "Why do you come here? Are you here to disturb the queen?"

Team Karaoke, Day 27, Northshore

"well, maybe he'll want to talk more."

Gwendoline doubted that, looking at the two, it seemed unlikely that....Wait what was she thinking? Why was she not even considering the peaceful approach? What had happened in this journey that made that so...She shook her head and was just about ready to help Nine when...she saw Lok approaching Kyogre.

He still was far off but he attempted to attack the Legend. The flames only reached partway towards her but fizzled out in the torrential rain.

Still, if he was going to fight...then Gwendoline couldn't just let him, and Fiona, do it on their own could she? She wished it wasn't the case but...that was the world they lived in, wasn't it?

She sighed and took a spot near Lok. "I don't think we can reach her from here...Come on Lok, this is the only way." She then took a deep breath and jumped, though it looked odd without feet, towards the nearest bit of debris. She floated over the water, her Levitate helping her move, and then jumped to the next one. She hesitated as she got closer, seeing Kyogre's fierce gaze flash over in their direction, but she had to keep going.

Fiona's attack had hit the Legend, causing them to turn their attention to her. This pitiful creature dared to challenge her? She gathered up power again and prepared another Origin Pulse, this time aimed at the girl standing on a floating chunk of wood. Fiona stood her ground and, right as the attack was about to hit, she swung her twintails, clawed ends glowing black, and weakened the attack. However the wood gave out underway and Fiona fell into the water.

As she did Kyogre dove under the water, through the column she was standing on, and there was an eerie stillness...until there was a swift movement underwater and Kyogre raised up, crashing into Fiona with a powerful physical attack and sending the girl into the air, where Kyogre once more prepared an Origin Pulse.

The man was watching as the fight went on and, though he felt like he should continue, he noticed Nine approaching him. The man turned to the Houndoom, and almost seemed amused at something, before speaking. "Yes?" His voice was low, and mature, the man, though it was hard to tell under his clothing, seemed to be in his 40s.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 29, Mioter

Genesect didn't even pay attention to Brooke. It did not care what happened to the one who activated the signal. As long as they didn't die until after Genesect finished their task.

Kill Reshiram. Kill the Legend. That was what they were born to do and nothing would get in their way.

So it caused the weapon some concern when the Gijinka crashed into it, knocking it to the side and taking the shot off course. It instead flew up into the air. Genesect didn't turn to face Denku, instead it let out a sudden screeching sound, like metal clanging against each other, at such high volume that Denku, next to it would be disoriented for the moment it needed to face the Pupitar.

Its eyes flashed and above Denku's heads small bits of metal formed and crashed down on his body. Reshiram roared out and unleashed yet another massive fireball at the Genesect. However the being's body began to glow slightly, shimmering with a metallic finish, and their body rose up into the air to avoid the shot. They once again fired their blast at Reshiram.

Dora listened to what everyone had to say and decided...to ignore them. She didn't know where this feeling came from but she did know one thing.

That white haired man was a nice man.

"Nice people should be helped." She stated and, ducking under any attempts to stop her, she rushed into the fray. Firing a Water Gun at Genesect's back.

Team Mac, Day 26, Princess's Palace

"Hey I'm cute!" Mac protested at Kazo's words. "Aren't I?" She said, whipping her head towards Astrid after the question.

"Ah, that is..." The girl looked at Ari and Kazo for help, not knowing what to say, for a few moments before continuing. "Chasers. So, are you...here looking for Legendaries?" She seemed almost nervous to be asking and, the next second, she began a coughing fit again. This time it lasted longer and she ended up bent over.

Mac was at her side, keeping her up. "Hey you...you gonna be alright?" She asked, awkwardly rubbing the girl's back.

Astrid nodded and, sure enough, after a bit longer she took a deep, shuddering, breath and righted herself. "I...apologize for that. Could...you tell me more about your adventures?"

Team Showdown, Day 28, Sky Palace

"He's not always like that, I hope."

"Aha..ha, no, no he's..." Magerna didn't look Scarlet in the eyes, fidgeting and looking over her shoulder "not...at all, hah..." She blinked a few times. "Oh, where are my manners, you must be hungry, would you like me to bring you some refreshments?"

Isole glanced over at Tianzi. She didn't like that one very much. There was something freaky about them. But she was, as much as she hated to admit, relieved they were okay. Taiga seemed to be in a strange state. Even after Rayquaza left. Isole really didn't want to bother with this but...since she was here... "Are you worried?" She asked Taiga bluntly.

rSmNb2O.png

Poké: 800

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x3

"You and Dora should go. Maybe take Brooke with you. As for me..." And then Denku went and got himself involved in the fight. Brooke's answer to the question Fawkes had asked earlier came to mind.

“Courage is doing something you don’t have to because you should, in spite of the consequences. Don’t get it and fearlessness mixed up. Being fearless means you ignore the consequences of your actions and do whatever you want, and it won’t do anything but get you killed.”

Things that a person should do, but don't have to? Like turning in somebody's money at a lost & found? It was a small example, but it was the best thing Fawkes could think of in the heat of the moment. Then doing it in spite of the consequences... like being out several hundred Poké because you gave it back to the owner. Fawkes was getting the general idea. The consequences of fighting Kah and whatever freaky thing she'd summoned were they'd have to fight Kah and whatever freaky thing she'd summoned. They didn't have to do that, but to help protect Reshiram, they probably should do it anyway.

So then...

“Fawkes. Take Dora and get out of here. I’ll come find you all once this is all over. And do me a favor? Keep this safe for me, alright? It’s really important to me. A friend of mine gave it to me a long time ago, as a good luck charm. Hopefully it’ll work for you too. Now get going.”

The consequences of getting Dora out of here was Fawkes would probably get lost. Even if Brooke told her to, there wasn't any cosmic force demanding Fawkes take Dora and get her away from all this action. But it was probably the right thing to do. Was courage really that simple? Then she just had to get Fawkes out of here! Easy!

"Nice people should be helped."

And then, Dora did perhaps the stupidest thing Fawkes had seen her do. And Fawkes had seen Dora do some pretty questionable things in the time since meeting her. She ran to the fray, spitting out a water gun attack at the thing Kah had summoned. Not good, not good! Fawkes had to get Dora out of here before she did something that got her killed! But there wasn't time to come up with some sort of plan! Fawkes would have to just make it all up as she went along. Lifting up the front of the hat Brooke had rested upon her head to get a clearer idea of what was ahead - the hat was a bit big for her after all - Fawkes threw together the best idea she had at the time.

Said idea relied illusions, her own natural speed, and Dora's willingness to believe just about anything. Step one: Run forward, so that she was near Dora. It would be easier to make an illusion that way. Step two: Create a small, simple illusion. A black veil, situated around Dora's head. That way she couldn't see. Step three: Turn Dora to face the exact opposite direction of the action, and say "They're going this way, let's go!"

And it worked.

Dora started in the direction opposite the action, toward the crowd Sebastian was keeping away from the action. Getting through the crowd would be tough. Especially if Dora couldn't see. As the two small ones got to the edge of the crowd, Fawkes took down the illusion around Dora's head, letting her see again. "They're past the crowd. Getting through won't be easy though..."

jOzNrUn.png

Poké: 290
Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (empty)
"If you really met my brother, then you would know his answer. And mine."

What part of "stay out of this" is so hard to understand!?

And speaking of people not staying out of it, it seemed the Emboar wasn't willing to mind her own business either. She blocked out Kah's attack on Reshiram. This one was going to be the greater of two annoyances, wasn't she?

“For what it’s worth, I didn’t like you from the get-go. You stank of racism and undeserved ego. You made a half decent pie though, so I let it go. Not so easy to let it go this time, so I’ll return the favor. Ever had humble pie? It’s real bitter but it’s good for ya in the long run.C’mere and I’ll show you.”

Oh yes. This woman was going to be a pain to deal with. It was in Kah's best interests to get rid of her first. With all this new power, surely she could fight her and Reshiram at the same time, with some help from her new ally, right? And so, Kah did what any sane dark-type woman would do against a fighting-type opponent. Except Kah did the exact opposite of that, charging the Emboar directly. As she expected, she was met with a fist throwing her down to the ground. It hurt a bit more than she'd imagined. Kah was not invincible against normal opponents, apparently.

"That hurts," she coughed out through clenched teeth, looking up at Brooke from beneath, down on her hands and knees. Then those teeth suddenly resembled a grin much more than any sort of pained expression. "I bet I can hurt you more than you can hurt me though!" And then, Kah sprung up, arm loaded with dragon power as it shot upward, aimed to hit Brooke wherever it could manage.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Randy was a little surprised at Marie's little parlor trick there. It wasn't something he knew about Marie and honestly, it was pretty impressive. However, it seemed like the locals were getting too close to the Popplio and Randy was about to get in and push them back, but they were moved back by another voice.

This one was a feminine voice and before them stood a Noctowl. She looked like the others, but it was clear she a woman on a mission.

"Who are you? Why do you come here? Are you here to disturb the queen?"

This struck the Incineroar as something odd. A queen? What was she talking about? "Um..." Randy started. "Queen? We don't even know who that is. W-We're just trying to get to Mowloo."

"The only people who come here come here for the Queen. They try to make the Queen theirs...what do you want with this place?"

"W-We're new to the island." he did his best to explain. "We just left Northshore and were trying to get to Mowloo. We don't even know about any Queen!"

"That is no answer." She said. "You and your kind wish to destroy our way. Why should we let you any farther?"

"For the love of..." Randy threw his hands in the air, growling a bit as he shook his head. "...how...many times...do I have...to say it?"

The Gijinka move quickly, making two groups on either side of the young woman, who looks angered.

Randy just let out another growl, before plopping himself down on the ground. He sat cross-legged and crossed his arms a bit. He started taking deep breaths for a few moments, before looking at the Noctowl. "...I'm...sorry. Let's try this again. Me and my friends, have no idea about what anything is...or what anything is going on around this region. I don't know why you all are upset...but we aren't like everyone else."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown : Sky Tower

When Rayquaza had gone on his ranting, Taiga couldn't help but stand there, afraid of what was going to happen next.  This Gijinka could blow them all away with one wrong breath in their direction...him being mad wasn't really easing her tension.  Her legs were still shaking, but a hand on her shoulder snapped her out of her fear.  She realized that Rayquaza had left the room.  She was so petrified that she wasn't even paying attention.  Her hands were tightly gripping her pants, and she had to let go.  She looked to the side to see Isole.  

"Are you worried?"

Taiga looked to the small girl, and slowly turned her terrified expression to a smile.  

"Worried?  Not at all Icy!  We've tackled challenges before...always come out on top.  Whatever grumpy drampa over here has planned for us, I'm sure we can take on this 'assignment' or whatever.  Piece of cake!"  At the mention of desert, her stomach started to growl.  She looked to Magearna.  "You said something about grub?  Lead the way weirdo."  Taiga looked to the rest of the crew, and smiled.  "Well, what're you all waiting for?  I think we deserve a little rest and relaxation!  Don'tcha think so?"  

Icecrown Team Showdown

"Aha..ha, no, no he's..." Magearna seemed to not want to make eye contact with her as she tried to come up with something to say. "not...at all, hah..." Her reaction, and her out of place blinking, all but confirmed what Scarlet hopped to be just an out of character outburst as she sighed. She made a mental note of this as Magearna changed the topic quickly. "Oh, where are my manners, you must be hungry, would you like me to bring you some refreshments?" Food? She hadn't really thought about it, but they've been eating nothing but rations for quite a while... a place like this must have good food. 

Scarlet turned to Taiga just as her facial expression had changed. It was weird, she wasn't used to seeing Taiga so shaken. She, however, managed to hide whatever doubts she had as she took up Magearna's offer of food. Scarlet nodded. "Sounds like a plan!" Scarlet stated, before following Magearna. "I wonder what type of berries they have here..."

Adarid Team Karaoke

Lok frowned when he saw his attack fizzle out by the rain. He should of figured that would be the case, but it was at least worth a try. Lok turned to Gwen as she walked up to him. "I don't think we can reach her from here...Come on Lok, this is the only way." She didn't seem fully set on her actions, but regardless she went on to jump towards the debris. Lok nodded his head and, after taking a deep breath, followed behind her. Much like Gwen, Lok was able to float over the water with relative ease. While he made his way towards the Kyogre, he clasps his hands together, summon an extra pair of Double Team clones followed behind him. 

He watched in horror as Fiona was tossed around in the water by the legend, as if she were a small fish about to be eaten by a shark. "No!" He roared as he extended his arm out to fire a Thunderbolt at the Kyogre. As he did, however, he regretted it immediately, realizing that this would mean the legend's attention would be on him and Gwen. Acting quickly, he sent one of the clones to jump towards Kyogre and away from him, hoping that she would take the bait. 

"Hey I'm cute!" Mac protested. "Aren't I?"

"I never said you weren't," Kazo mumbled. "Ari's just cuter,"

"Ah, that is... Chasers. So, are you...here looking for Legendaries?" She made a desperate subject change and seemed to have placed herself in a corner. Her nerves was getting to her, especially when she dropped into a coughing fit. Mac was at her side, keeping her up.

"Hey you...you gonna be alright?" She asked, awkwardly rubbing the girl's back.

Astrid nodded and, sure enough, after a bit longer she took a deep, shuddering, breath and righted herself. "I...apologize for that. Could...you tell me more about your adventures?"

"Sure, sit down and we'll tell a story of our journey," Kazo said as he leaned back and thought to himself. "How about a story about the first legendary we met as a group?" He got comfortable. "We met Regirock in a cave in the middle of the desert. Not sure why he was there, but he was a wake up call we needed. Sound like a good adventure?"

Denku had a small grin as he hit the mystery figure full force, but it quickly faded as she just straight ignored him. The screeching metallic scream caused Denku to cover his ears in pain, preventing him from seeing or dodging the Magnet Bomb. Crying out in pain, he fell to a knee as he tried to protect himself from the assault. When the attack ended, he stood up, seeing that the mystery person was now flying in the sky.

"I'm getting sick... of meeting Godslayers and rogue Disciples everywhere I go," He muttered as he began to form rocks. "I don't know what your issue is, but I'll stop you... we all will," And with that, he caused rocks to fall from the sky, aimed at flying metal woman.  

"..."

Tianzi had been silent throughout the trip that Rayquaza gave to her. She was unsatisfied. She wanted to retort, yet she couldn't find anything to say. Rayquaza was right. He was not in a position to join the fight. But that was just excuse! Tianzi yelled inside. She didn't want to admit that she was on the wrong here. But no matter how much she denied it, Rayquaza really was right. The responsibility of fighting now lie on the four of them Seekers.

"You said something about grub?  Lead the way weirdo." Ah, there she was. Taiga, still as upbeat and prideful as ever. "Well, what're you all waiting for?  I think we deserve a little rest and relaxation!  Don'tcha think so?" 

"Sounds like a plan! I wonder what type of berries they have here..."

They're right. At this point, there really was no point in resisting Rayquaza's offer anymore. She hated to admit it, but this was the right position to fight for, at least for now. She was glad enough that she managed to able to yell all that to Rayquaza earlier. Whatever score or grievance she had with him, could be settled later on.

"W-wait for me, guys!"

P1JjewJ.png?1

Marie was having a great deal of fun showing the people her card tricks, and they certainly seemed to be loving it as well. However, this was interrupted as a girl, not wearing a mask, had come in to calm them down. At first, Marie was excited, as the girl seemed to be able to speak and understand the same language as them. Unfortunately, Randy's ability to convince the girl that they were not a threat was every bit as convincing as it had been in every other prior instance. As the Incineroar started to lose his temper, Marie's instinctively moved in a pinching motion, only for her to be pleasantly surprised as the man collected himself and sat himself down. 

Looking to the girl, Marie tried to affirm Randy's words saying, "yeah, he's being honest. We're not here to start any trouble or something. We're just passing through. I just thought I'd show the people something cool since I, um, can't really talk to them. With words, at least."

"Had our language not been stamped out perhaps you could have." She says. "If you're passing through you have a goal. What is it?"

Marie was a bit confused by what she meant about their language being "stamped out." All the same, she didn't dwell on it too long before saying, "we were just looking for some place safe, I guess. We weren't allowed to stay in Northshore, so we thought we'd try Mowloo, since it was the next closest place."

"Weren't allowed?" The girl was suspicious.

"Yeah, our old home was attacked, so we had to leave." Marie's expression deflated further as she was reminded of what had happened back in Alola. "So we went to Northshore, but they didn't like us there since some trouble happened and we were blamed for it since we were new there."

She looked at the girl and her gaze softened. Kneeling down in front of her, the said something that Marie couldn't understand due to the language barrier. Then, in the more common language, "It is hard to not be wanted, isn't it?"

Even more somber, Marie merely nodded at the comment. 

The girl then nodded at Keanu. "What of him? Is he..." She seemed to be trying to find the word and settled for hitting herself lightly on the head.

Marie's expression lightened up a bit and she said, "oh him. He's a bit lazy and doesn't really do much. But I don't think he's," Marie paused trying to figure out what the girl meant as she said, "stupid? crazy? weird? Well, he might be weird, but he's not stupid or crazy."

She nodded after a moment and stood up. Glancing over at the others and she then made some more noises. The group moved around the Alolans again though this time less aggressively.

Marie looked around with a bit of surprise and confusion, and back to the girl saying, "so, um, are- are we good?"

EOlaaCE.png?1

As the Houndoom made his way over to the person who had been attacking the legend, he stopped as the man seemed to notice his approach. Nine seemed to be, pleasantly, surprised as he says, "oh you actually want to talk? That's a first. Well, I suppose I'll ask the obvious. What's a Cacturne like you fighting a lovely lady like that over there?"

"I hope you're not as stupid as you sound." He responded. "You know who that is."

"And I hope you aren't as villainous as you look."

"Says the Houndoom." He said, in almost a humorous tone. "Fighting Legends isn't a crime. And that particular Legend is going to destroy the city if she stays conscious for much longer. I'd suggest you move aside."

Nine shrugged with a sort of "got me there" expression on his face. "I can tell we're in a bit of a pickle here, but from what I understand you challenged her." His cheery demeanor changed to become more serious as he said. "Now, I'm gonna ask you one question. Are you here to subdue her, or are you here to kill her?"

"I don't like your tone child..."

Nine's narrowed his eyes at the man, a pulse of darkness coursing over him that sharpened his aura even further. "That wasn't an answer." After a few moments, Nine sighed as he seemed to become a bit more relaxed saying. "Recently, I've had my fair share of run ins with people who would tear apart a city just to kill a legend. So, apologies for my tone."

"So you've seen them." He looked at Nine. "And what did you do when you met these people?"

"I talked. Tried to keep them from destroying everything and themselves."

"And how'd that go? Did you 'talk' them into submission?"

Nine chuckled at the response. "I wish. They weren't very keen on listening. So I fought, and tried to speak to them through that. At the end of the day, I think my message got across."

He seemed to think about this. "Perhaps you should focus less on talking and focus more on your...friend down there." He pointed over to Fiona, who had just been attacked by Kyogre.

Nine sighed, rubbing the back of his head saying, "she really is a troublesome one. Well, naturally I'll try to help my friends best I can. Before I do, though, my question from earlier still stands."

"Tell me." He said instead. "Do you think Kyogre down there is going to let any of them live?"

"Hmm, she seems a bit ornery right now, so probably not."

"And all because someone dared to challenge her to a fight. She would do this." His arm swept across the city. "For her own pride. Yes, somebody will die tonight. I hope it isn't anyone you love." He then fired another Energy Ball at Kyogre.

Nine sighed, saying, "well, I certainly hope it isn't you either. Have fun," Nine began to walk back towards the group. "Can't say I won't make things difficult for you." With another pulse of darkness, forcing his aura to its strongest, Nine ran back to the rest of the group. 

Brooke smashed the dragon into the ground when she rushed her. The pavement cracked and gave away, throwing up a cloud of dust and leaving a Gijinka-shaped print in the stone. “You’ve got no idea how good it felt to do that,” Brooke said, shaking her fist to shake off some of the pain. Behind her she heard yelling from the children, and turned around to look.

Dora had run off to attack the cannon bug, with Fawkes close behind her. “No, don’t!” Brooke was already turning to rush toward the children and spirit them out of harm’s way when Kah’s fist smashed her on the chin, causing her teeth to snap together hard enough she thought they might break, and launching her up into the air several feet.

Brooke rolled into the fall and landed in a crouched position, wiping blood from her mouth with the back of her hand. “You think so?” she growled, clenching her fist. Fire encompassed her arm, growing, and Brooke swung a punch at Kah. The fire around her arm roared into the shape of a massive, fiery arm with a closed fist that rocketed toward the dragon. “I’ll take that bet, but you’re gonna regret it!”

"They're past the crowd. Getting through won't be easy though..."

Dora wasn't a smart girl. However she did have the ability to hear. And, contrary to what Fawkes was saying, she heard the sounds of fighting from behind her. Looking back she saw that they had, in fact, gotten farther away from the group.

The Wooper turned to Fawkes with a stern, or as stern as she could muster, expression. "That wasn't very nice. Those are friends. They helped us lots and now its our turn to help them. Even little people can help big people if they try. I'm going back there and I'm going to help." With that she marched her way back towards the combat.

"I don't know what your issue is, but I'll stop you... we all will,"

Genesect did not understand what this person was saying. There was no logic to it. They wish to stop them without knowledge of the situation, nor the power to do so? The rocks hit the Legend, it seemed unconcerned about the attack, and did light damage across their shoulders and back. However it didn't stop their attack from launching. A blast struck the Dragon of truth dead center and knocked them several feet away.

He was able to keep himself from going too far but pain exploded through his body. The blast was powerful, abnormally so, and the ancient Dragon seemed to not be entirely battle ready after his long slumber. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth, letting out a roar. The sound was majestic, powerful, and there was a visible effect on Genesect. They seemed to weak, even if only slightly.

As this happened Genesect went forward, soaring through the air towards Reshiram. It seemed to only be vaguely aware of the others in this conflict. It was dead-set on the Legend before it.

Team Alola, Day 14, Mowloo

"so, um, are- are we good?"

The girl nodded. "You may stand." She told Randy. "I will show you the way, you are not a threat to the Queen." She spoke to the others in their language again before starting to head out. She glanced at Keanu as they started moving. "You are lucky your friends are more aware than you."

They traveled a short time before suddenly the girl stopped, speaking rapidly in her own language. The group surrounding the trio got tense and looked out into the trees...

Moments later a group of Gijinka, dressed much more formally, with a middle-aged Tyranitar male at the head. "Stop where you are." He spoke to the group, lips curling in disgust. "You have been told to stay away from travellers and yet you continue to do so. On the ground, all of you, you will be taken to the Mowloo prison until we decide what to do with you."

The Noctowl stiffened, narrowing her eyes. "We did nothing wrong, we were bringing these people to your city, you have no right to give me com-" The Tyranitar backhanded her across the face and she stumbled to the side.

The group behind her became agitated but she held a hand out to her. "You outsiders disgust me."

"Ironic, coming from the savage." The Tyranitar said. "You can come willingly or not, it doesn't matter to me, but you will follow my command." He looked at the group. "I apologize if these...people harmed you. They've been causing trouble for weeks, this past couple days we found them attacking a group of travelers. Rest assured you will be welcomed in Mowloo which I assure you is much more...civilized than this lot."

"Worried?  Not at all Icy!  We've tackled challenges before...always come out on top.  Whatever grumpy drampa over here has planned for us, I'm sure we can take on this 'assignment' or whatever.  Piece of cake!"

It was...well, good wasn't the right word, comforting to Isole to see that Taiga was still the same. She would have been rather creeped out had the girl said anything different.

At the mention of food Isole wondered when it was she last ate. It was something she often forgot to do. Back on the boat Jane, or Trava, would often have to bring her food in her quarters. Thinking about them she wondered what they were doing now...Isole wondered what the captain would think of her being in this place...

Magearna led the group across the room and towards a blank wall. She pressed her hand against it and runes appeared along the wall in a rectangular form. Which then turned into a doorway. Stepping inside she called behind her. "Just this way, please follow me, it's easy to get lost."

They would see why soon. As they stepped through the doorway they found themselves in a series of twisting hallways. Halls that went in every direction, even sloping upwards at points, and some which seemed to lead backwards despite going forward. "This place is an ancient structure." Magearna explained. "It was built to be the resting place of Arceus. And thus it was made to be almost impossible for intruders to navigate." She paused, looking left and right with a bit of a worried expression. "Ah, right, this way." After one more turn she once more opened a door in the wall and led them into a large dining room.

The ceiling was dozens of feet in the air and several chandeliers lit the room up. The table was long and rectangular, seemingly built for several dozen people. On the table was platters of berries and meat, many of which none from the group would recognize. It was a colorful display, nearly every color one could think of was represented in the exotic fruit. Magearna led them to it and gave them a short bow. "If there's anything you need, please feel free to ask."

Fiona was struck by the Origin Pulse, and sent flying into the cliff that the Cacturne was standing on. She groaned as she hit the water, trying to keep herself afloat. As her head swam it became harder for her to actually swim. She cursed herself for her weakness. She couldn't let herself lose like that. Not with him right there. Her one chance at survival....

She gripped at the side of the cliff, keeping herself above the water, as she saw Kyogre turn towards Lok.

The Thunderbolt had stung. That was something Kyogre couldn't deny. It was like the sting of a bee. It hurt, it didn't do much, but it wasn't something she could afford to ignore. Now that the other one had stopped attacking she could swat this insect out of the sky.

The Rotom looked afraid...good. It should be. Kyogre dove into the water and reemerged right in front of Lok. There was a crazed look in her eyes as she looked into Lok's own eyes, a mere six inches away. She growled from underneath the seal over her mouth and slammed her head into the young man.

Then Kyogre let out a groan as she felt...a burning sensation across her body. Looking to her side she saw a young Mismagius, with her hand pressed against Kyogre's arm, a look of determination on her face. And to add to this she was struck in the side by an Energy Ball. With a rage filled cry, as this last one actually caused true pain, Kyogre looked back at the Cacturne. She fired an Ice Beam at him as he put up his shield. However the Ice Beam instead struck the edge of the cliff, causing it to crumble. The Cacturne had to make sure not to fall into the water. Though Fiona, being underneath the landslide, seemed to be in an even worse position.

"Sure, sit down and we'll tell a story of our journey," Kazo said as he leaned back and thought to himself. "How about a story about the first legendary we met as a group?" He got comfortable. "We met Regirock in a cave in the middle of the desert. Not sure why he was there, but he was a wake up call we needed. Sound like a good adventure?"

Kazo would notice that while he was saying all this Astrid was looking around in a slight panic, trying to find a place to sit. Though she gave up as Kazo mentioned Regirock. "That's not far from here...I think?"

"That's right, it's by Oasis, where I grew up!" Mac interjected. "He was tough..." Her voice trailed off a bit. She had just enough tact to realize that mentioning his death would be a bad thing.

Though it didn't seem to matter. "I heard he died...And...Latios too, not long ago...That's correct right?" Astrid looked up at Kazo. "Sorry that's probably not proper to talk about. Grace didn't want me to know but with...er, someone else told us." She flushed red as she realized that she seemed to be saying more than she intended. She looked around for a bit before her eyes settled on Ari, who had been silent. She meekly spoke towards him. "And um...who are you, anyway?"

rSmNb2O.png

"That wasn't very nice. Those are friends. They helped us lots and now its our turn to help them. Even little people can help big people if they try. I'm going back there and I'm going to help."

"Hold it!" Fawkes called out, reaching forward and grabbing Dora's shoulders. "Brooke said she didn't want us to get involved in this fight. It's super-dangerous and we could get hurt, and she wouldn't want that to happen to us. So I'm, uh... sorry I tried to trick you and stuff. But I didn't think you'd listen if me or Brooke told you outright, 'we need to get away from here', so I just did what I thought would work. Come on, please. I'll buy us both ice cream or something."

jOzNrUn.png

“You think so? I’ll take that bet, but you’re gonna regret it!”

And then Kah saw an attack coming for her. It was a bit faster than she would have expected. She wasn't going to be able to dodge it! Fortunately, it was made of fire. A bit of heat here and there was no problem for a dragon like herself. She'd be lying if she said it didn't hurt at all, but it certainly hurt a lot less than it would have if she hadn't gone down this path. Time to retaliate again, in that case.

Charging forward, Kah reared back a fist as she closed the distance between herself and Brooke. And once she was close enough, the dragon leapt forward, swinging down with a fist full of dragon power. This time her target was the top of the Emboar's head.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"You may stand. I will show you the way, you are not a threat to the Queen."

Randy let out a low sigh, seeing as things were finally starting to get back to normal. He stood up when the Noctowl said this, before dusting himself off some. "Alright!" he said, giving a small smile as the group started off.

Finally they were off with these natives starting to head off with the Noctowl leading them. They'd be on their way to Mowloo in no time now!

x393wz.jpg

-A Short Time Later-

As Randy and the others kept walking, they were halted by the natives. Before the Incineroar knew it, they were facing more Gijinkas. These, however, were more formally dressed and there was now a middle-aged Tyranitar leading this new group.

"Stop where you are. You have been told to stay away from travelers and yet you continue to do so. On the ground, all of you, you will be taken to the Mowloo prison until we decide what to do with you."

Randy looked closely at the Tyranitar's face and it was obvious: he was absolutely disgusted by this whole situation. However, he didn't make any move yet, as he wasn't sure what this guy was going to do. After all, he mentioned "Mowloo", so perhaps he was from there. But taking these natives to prison? Just for helping them?

"We did nothing wrong, we were bringing these people to your city, you have no right to give me com-"

What happened next, however, made the Incineroar's eyes widen and his body tense up. He watched as the Tyranitar took a backhand to the Noctowl's face. He could feel himself burning a bit with anger at this point, as he was trying his best to not lash out right there and then.

"You outsiders disgust me."

"Ironic, coming from the savage. You can come willingly or not, it doesn't matter to me, but you will follow my command. I apologize if these...people harmed you. They've been causing trouble for weeks, this past couple days we found them attacking a group of travelers. Rest assured you will be welcomed in Mowloo which I assure you is much more...civilized than this lot."

Randy's eyes narrowed at the Tyranitar, slowly making his way towards him. "Civilized, huh?" he asked. "Cause from what I just saw, you lot seem like the uncivilized here. Tell me, do you normally just go around and smackin' women like that?"

"Are you trying to stand up for these degenerates and killers? They are criminals, murderers, you are not from here you know nothing of what has happened here."

"Yeah, your right...I ain't from this region." Randy said, letting out a low growl. "But I'll tell you one thing: if they were truly murderers, criminals...they would've taken their chance already. And to be honest, besides a few in Northshore, these people here..." he said, pointing a thumb at the natives. "...they've been pretty nice to us."

"They've killed before. Do you think because you got lucky that erases their crimes?" the Tyranitar began to turn away from Randy and proceeded to walk. "Everyone, continue to the city."

"You think we're gonna follow you?" Randy asked, letting out another low growl. "After that little stunt you pulled? If I'm honest, if all of Mowloo acts like you...I'd take my chances with the 'murderous criminals'." he said, making air quotation marks.

"Do what you want, wander this jungle, but they" he indicated the Noctowl and her group, "are coming with us." He continued onward and the group, as well as those who came with the Tyranitar, moved as well.

"Oh, I guess people on this region are hard of hearing." Randy said, as he started moving towards the Tyranitar, stopping in front of him. "When I said 'we're'...I meant them as well. They aren't going with you, just because they were helping us."

He sighed, nodding at the people he brought with. "Arrest him too. I won't abide trying to help these animals." A pair of Vigoroth start forward, the group with the Noctowl begin to clamor and she tries to hush them.

Randy watched as the Vigoroth proceeded to head in his direction, before moving forward and striking at both of them with two Brick Breaks, aiming right at their chests. "Listen, we've already beat and sent packing a Godslayer in Northshore...you aren't even worth my time."

The Vigoroth get knocked back onto the ground, still conscious. "This man has attacked members of our militia, stop him at once." The Tyranitar roared.

At the moment the Tyranitar said this, Randy would be attacked with 3 volleys of Poison Sting, 2 blasts of Dragon Breath, 2 hits of Disarming Voice, a volley of Bullet Seed, and a Rock Blast. As these attacks converge on him a Shelgon and Heracross approach him, prepared to pin him down.

"T-Tch..." Randy growled, as he elbowed the Heracross and Shelgon straight in the chests, trying to force them back before using Acrobatics to dodge the volley of attacks. "Heh, while I'm all for an unfair match, believe me, I've seen my fair share in the ring, you shouldn't have others fight your battles."

Unfortunately, to Randy's dismay, the Heracross and Shelgon leaned back to avoid the elbows and, as Randy dodged, a second volley gets sent his way. This time the Shelgon slashed across one side with a Dragon Claw and the Heracross struck the other with a Brick Break.

Randy didn't realize that the two Gijinka leaned back until it was too late. He began to grit his teeth, before bringing his arms together to block the second volley, the Dragon Claw, and the Brick Break.

The combined assault brings Randy's health to dangerous levels as a third volley begins after the second.

Randy slowly started to get up after that second volley of attacks. He let out a loud roar, seeing the third volley starting to be sent his way. At the same time, he felt his body burning up, just like it did when he fought Allie. Blaze had just kicked in!

"If...I'm going down...I'M GOING DOWN SWINGING!! GET DOWN!!" he roared, lowering his hands and doing a few signs as fire ignited between his hands and his belt.

"BLAZING...FIRE BLAST!!!"

And soon, a huge Fire Blast, powered by his Blaze made its way towards the third volley that was now poised towards him. He slowly collapsed on one knee, then another knee. "Now...burn...!"

All Randy saw, however, was the Tyranitar getting in the path of the Fire Blast, crossing his arms and taking the blast, grunting as the fire breaks over his body. With that being done, the Incineroar let out a defeated sigh before feeling his top half collapse hard on the ground. "Carry him." He says. Towards Marie and Keanu he asks "Will you be causing any problems, or can we just consider this a...lapse of sanity?"

Brooke rolled to the side, and Kah’s fist slammed into the ground, whiffed. “Thought you were gonna hurt me?” she taunted. Her strategy was forming on the fly. She had learned a few things from the exchanges they had had thus far; the girl was very strong, Brooke knew she wouldn’t win in a slug-off, but she didn’t have any technique and so far seemed easily baited.

Brooke knew she had to play to her strengths. Pace herself, outlast the Hydreigon - strike at the things like the back of the knees and keep moving. Speaking of… Brooke swung a kick at the back of Kah’s knee, and her leg glowed with inert fighting energy. It was dirty but she wasn't about to fight fair with these stakes.

Sky Palace Team Showdown

Magearna led the group towards a blank wall. Scarlet was confused for a bit, before watching the metallic girl place her hands on the wall. With a gasp of amazement, she eagerly followed Magearna into the series of twisting hallways. She stuck close to Magearna, subconsciously grabbing Isole by the sleeve. Magearna explained the strange architecture was to keep outsiders, well, outside. 

Eventually, however, they reached a beautiful dining room; a variety of berries and meats laid on the table. Her eyes locked onto the plate with the exotic fruits, which was a rainbow of flavor sitting on neatly in the bowl. She didn't even recognize some of them! She turned to Magearna. "I think we're goo..." She stopped, reazling something was missing on the table. "Actually, can I get some water?" She smiled at the girl, before taking a seat. 

Northshore Team Karaoke

Lok's leg locked in place as he saw Kyogre emerge from the water, facing directly at him. Her eyes almost seemed deranged as she seemingly stared into his soul. He braced himself as she slammed her forehead against his, causing him to stagger back a bit. It wasn't even a proper hit, and yet it hurt like hell. Before she could do anything else, however, Lok saw Gwen press her hand on the legend right before it got struck with an Energy Ball. Kyogre was now facing away from him... and towards where Fiona was. He took a deep breath, before jumping onto Kyogre, gripping the legend. As he did, he let out a Thunderbolt while holding her, hoping that a direct hit like this would at least divert her attention from Fiona and Nine.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine began to run towards the other group, he saw that Fiona had been launched all the way back to where he just was. Worse yet, she was not only injured but in place of where a landslide was beginning to fall, likely on course to sweep her away. Cursing under his breath, Nine stopped, turning back to the cliff and running towards the girl. As he continued his movement towards the girl, it became more clear that he was not going to be able to get there to take her away before the landslide did. So, he'd just have to stop it. Jumping up onto the cliffside, a bit unsure of what he was about to do, the man took in a deep breath, centering himself. As he did, the landslide hit him head on, causing him to buckle at first. However, his body becoming more rigid as he stood his ground, all the force from the landslide began to travel through his body in reverse, straight into the man's palm. With a swipe of his hand, Nine unleashed all of that force back into nature, causing the landslide to disperse and stop where he had struck it. 

Letting out a brief sigh, glad that he hadn't messed that up after not having done it for awhile, he turned back to Fiona. Grabbing onto her, preventing her from going back into the fray, he sternly said, "Fiona, stop." 

"What are you doing?" She snapped at him.

"What are you?!" He snapped back. "That's Kyogre. And, nevermind the fact that you decided to challenge her, but you think you're going to win by charging at her like that?"

"I'm not going to win, he is." She pointed over at where the Cacturne was.

"Then if you're so sure he's going to win, stop fighting. All you're going to do is get yourself killed and Lok killed because you decided to get in good with your godslayer buddy."

She growled at Nine. "What do you think would happen if two of them died with me right there? Do you think I could hide for long after that?"

"Oh, so you'd rather fight the three of us instead." Nine's expression was impassive, and his voice flat. "Besides," his voice returned to normal, "letting that Cacturne die isn't on my to do list."

"And he won't stop until he's won, let me go, you need to beat Kyogre anyway."

"Well you're right on both accounts. Still, neither of them are going to die today. But, letting you, Lok, and Gwen die is just as unacceptable." Sighing he said, "if you want to fight, fine. I can't really do much to stop you anyway. But calm down. Weather the storm a bit before you charge head first into it."

"Tsk, don't tell me how to fight." Fiona said, looking away and muttering. "I'm stronger than you anyway..."

Nine smirked saying, "oh? Well, that's probably true, but let's save that discovery for another day, shall we?" Letting the girl go, his voice becoming a bit more flowery than before, he said, "now then my lady. I have a rather long list of things to attend to and not much margin for error. So, ta-ta." Fiona looked at him with a confused and annoyed expression, as the man ran off towards Gwen and Lok, trying to make sure they didn't get themselves killed as well. 

P1JjewJ.png?1

As the group was lead by the masked people, they eventually found themselves in what appeared to be a new town. However, before Marie could even stop to look at anything in there, the group of masked people were immediately accosted by another group. They seemed to be lead by a man, who Marie assumed was the same species as the Godslayer was, who just started yelling and hitting the nice girl out of nowhere. Maybe it was just a species of jerks. Marie felt her blood boil a bit, as the man continued to talk down to the girl, and as they began to take them away, Marie seemed to be both annoyed and sad for the girl. Before she began to talk, though, Randy stepped in. At first, she found herself in agreement with Randy's displeasure at the situation. However, as he continued to talk, Marie began to calm down, and her agreement was then replaced by dread, as she was starting to see where the conversation was going. 

"Oh no..." she muttered, as rather than yelling, Randy took it a step further. She merely stood still as Randy decided to attack the man who went to arrest him, and decided to continue fighting the entire militia. Words could not begin to describe Marie's feelings of dismay, confusion, and terror, as the one-sided fight took place, and Randy was beaten down before she could even work up the nerve to stop anything. As he was dragged away, the jerk man looked over to them and seemed to wonder if she and Keanu were going to be causing trouble. Freezing up a bit, the girl stammered out, "n-no, no trouble here. We're not trying to make any problems here. Just travelers. But uh, yeah, he can just uh, be a bit...much, at times," she said, in reference to Randy.

Denku watched as the metal Godslayer ignored his attack, going straight for Reshiram, who was visibly hurt by the attack. Denku took a deep breath. They were in over their heads again, having to defeat not one, but two Godslayers right now. He wished he had their abnormal strength, something that would make these fights easier. However, all they could do is keep fighting, until their bodies refused to move. 

Reshiram let out a roar, which seemed to weaken the Godslayer. Denku would have to capitalize on that. As the Godslayer divebombed at the Legend, Denku slid inbetween the two, his fists surrounded by the dark aura. 

"Well, if you're going to ignore me, I'll take those free easy hits!" Denku said as his natural propulsion system launched him into the air in a direct course at the Genesect. He wound up his punches, both fists glowing. "Dark Pulse... Cross!" He call out as he swung both fists in a X-pattern, both limbs releasing a Dark Pulse as he did.

That outta do some damage.  

"Brooke said she didn't want us to get involved in this fight. It's super-dangerous and we could get hurt, and she wouldn't want that to happen to us. So I'm, uh... sorry I tried to trick you and stuff. But I didn't think you'd listen if me or Brooke told you outright, 'we need to get away from here', so I just did what I thought would work. Come on, please. I'll buy us both ice cream or something."

Fawkes seemed incredibly intent on keeping Dora out of the fight. The young girl wasn't entirely stupid, though how stupid was certainly up for debate, she could tell how big this was. She saw Brooke fighting the Dragon blow for blow. Even Dora could tell there was something scary strong about Kah. Then there was Denku, throwing himself at that strange person to protect the Legend.

Dora stopped moving as Fawkes held onto her shoulders. She wasn't good with words but she knew how she felt. "You know, Fawkes, I really liked it in Deku." Her voice was the same as ever before, whimsical, light, but there was something else about it. Dora was thinking, Dora was remembering, sad thoughts battered against the thick skull that usually prevented such things from entering her brain.

"It wasn't a clean place. But the people were fun. It was hard for some, I know that, but everyone did whatever they could to live. It might've been a bad place sometimes but...isn't there something nice about that?" She looked over at Brooke, at Denku, at Reshiram.

Then at Fawkes. "Like that nice man, at the sushi place. He was a good person and he...he got hurt. We're small but...maybe he would still be around if someone small had been there to help him." She started moving again, wiggling out of Fawkes grasp. "I want to be the small thing that makes a difference, even if just once." She broke out into a run.

The sad thoughts had entered her mind and with that...fear. She was scared, for the first time in a very long time. She knew what fear was, it happened once before, and back then it had paralyzed her. This time, this day...it pushed her. Pushed her forward. Pushed her towards the scary, strange, bad thing that was fighting with Denku.

As Genesect launched towards Reshiram, cannon preparing for another blast, it was blindsided by the Pupitar. Its armor dented and it was blown towards the side. Halting its movements mid-air, it turned towards Denku. The Gijinka was close to it still, and Genesect's weapon was not in the right position to fire upon him. Its claws glowed an greenish color and Genesect rushed at Denku, bringing its arms across in an X formation.

A stream of mud struck the Gijinka in the face and the mud caused it to slow down, enough that Denku would be able to dodge.

Dora stood, between Brooke's fight and Denku's, bits of mud on her lips as she stared down the mighty weapon. "Get it, hero Denku!" Dora cheered.

Reshiram got to his feet, marveling at the sight before him. These Gijinka, they were weak, there was no denying that. But even with that weakness...they were fighting against such a foe. With a roar of frustration, Reshiram stamped a foot on the ground. "Keep them in one spot." He commanded.

Opening his mouth once more another flame was growing. A blue flame. The air around them heated up as Reshiram launched the attack. A torrent of blue flames erupted from his mouth, heading for Genesect.

Genesect turned its cannon in the flame's direction as it began to glow blue as well.

Map

Mowloo, the city in the sky. Created by those who wanted a peaceful life away from the cities, but who were unprepared for the dangers of the jungle, the city of Mowloo exists on a huge platform that is held up by a canopy attached to some of the sturdiest trees. Near its center are where many people live, with their homes near the four giant trees that the city was built around. A lively place, filled with people who appreciate the hardship that brought them their life, with an active and trusted militia and dedicated musicians.

The group entered the city, being pulled up by a series of ropes and pulleys connected to wooden platforms, with the militia members on all sides. The citizens looked to the militia with admiration and respect, and to the natives with unease and scorn. For the three travelers they spared a curious look especially at Randy, who was being carried by one of the Rhyhorn Gijinka among the militia, but they seemed more interested in the larger groups than them.

The leader of the militia told Marie and Keanu that the "Murderers" would be put directly into the prison but that Randy would be kept, for now, in a holding cell in the militia headquarters itself. He told them they were free to explore the city as they wished and that they would have to wait until nightfall to visit Randy.

Randy would awaken a couple hours later to find himself in a small cell with a bed and a padded hole which was, as the guard on duty told him, was where he could relieve himself if he needed.

"Actually, can I get some water?"

Magearna looked at Scarlet in surprise. "Oh, water...yes. Lord Rayquaza usually just drank wine, or Ambrosi Berry juice, but, I can fetch you some water worry not!"

While she was gone, Isole looked to Scarlet. "What do you think...of all this?" She said, cringing as she saw Taiga digging into the food with abandon. "It feels...too open." The girl shuddered, missing her cramped quarters on the ship.

Magearna appeared soon, carrying a huge metal dish filled with water over her head. Though it was twice her size she seemed to heft it quite easily and set it down near Scarlet, before handing her a goblet. "I hope its to your liking." she said, clasping her hands together in front of herself and waiting for any more orders.

Kyogre let out a roar of pain as the Thunderbolt hit her. She began to trash about, and, in her trashing, the water around her became displaced. Gwendoline, on top of a piece of driftwood, had to hop away to avoid being capsized by it. She looked at Lok in fear, not wanting to hurt the boy.

Raising an arm she created several leaf-shaped objects and sent them towards Kyogre. They moved around Lok's body and struck the Legend instead.

Kyogre was letting out muffled roars this entire time and, as Fiona began to make her way towards her, she felt her body slow down at the terrifying face the Legend was making.

Lok would begin to feel cold, as an icy mist began to come from Kyogre. The slightest touch on Lok's body felt like he was being frozen instantly and he would be able to tell if that mist enveloped him he could very well die as he clung to Kyogre.

Meanwhile the Cacturne was wading through the water to reach the spot the group had initially been standing, which was now submerged, and paused. Watching the group as they fought against the Queen of the Sea.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

-BGM-

The Incineroar laid there on the floor of the holding cell, before finally stirring and letting out a small groan, as he sat up some. "N-Ngh...w-what happened...?" he muttered, before his eyes finally adjusted to the light and his surroundings. There, he saw that he was in a cell with a bed and a padded hole in the ground. In front of him was cell bars and outside that was a Rhyhorn Gijinka was sitting down at a desk doing some paperwork...or something to that effect.

Randy didn't have to take a wild guess on where he was at this point: he was in Mowloo. "Huh...well somehow I should've guessed this was gonna happen." Randy sighed, standing up with a small stretch. "This is fantastic..."

The Rhyhorn glanced up when Randy woke up and then simply looked back at the desk without much reaction.

Randy noticed the Rhyhorn and proceeded to move up to the bars of his little cell, hanging on them some. "I take it the kiddos I was with decided to keep themselves out of that lil scrap?"

The Rhyhorn grunted out a response. "They're somewhere in the city right now."

"Sounds about right..." Randy nodded, sighing a bit. "This is just wonderful...oh...so who dragged my tail here, if I might ask?"

"Me. You're heavier than you look."

Randy took a long look at the Rhyhorn, before chuckling some at his comment. "Well, not sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult. But either way, I gotta put on some pounds muscle wise...most wrestlers I worked with do." he said with a smile, before returning to sigh. "But thanks."

"Just doing my job." he grumbled.

"Yeah...protect and serve." Randy nodded, before looking around his cell and outside it some. "Listen...mind if I ask you a serious question?"

The Incineroar saw he was probably upsetting the Rhyhorn at this point, as he sighed and waved him to get on with it.

"Those native Gijinka..." he started. "Why do you all hate and treat them so harshly?" Randy stood up some, no longer leaning on the bars of his cell. "I'll be blunt. Me and my two friends literally washed up on the shores of Northshore from Alola...so we have zero information regarding anything. But what could they have done to receive so much hate?"

"The captain said it, they're murderers. They've killed half a dozen travelers this past week that we know of...they're savages, praying to their 'Queen' and killing for it."

Randy looked at the Rhyhorn before sighing a bit and shaking his head. "Maybe their just misunderstood." he said, before shrugging. "Still, it's obvious it's a bit of a touchy subject...so I'm gonna drop it for the moment."

The Rhyhorn let out another grunt and returned his attention to the work he was doing.

Meanwhile, Randy sighed and took the moment to lay down across the cell's bed, as he threw his hands behind his head and stared up at the ceiling. So many things in his mind were swimming around. This region was vastly different than Alola by a WIDE margin. The unfriendliness that he's seen in Northshore, that Gijinka couple they met on the way to the river, even these militia guys. And the latter was weighing heavily on his mind. They say their killers...savages. But...if they were, why didn't they attack us and just end our lives when they first surrounded us? he thought, closing his eyes as he relaxed his breathing the best he could. And the Noctowl...she even told that captain that they did nothing wrong. Who's telling the truth...?

jOzNrUn.png

“Thought you were gonna hurt me?”

"Hold still!" Kah growled. Brooke's leg swung around, hitting Kah in the back of the knee. The Hydreigon fell down to her knees as one would expect. That kick hurt. This girl was getting on Kah's last nerve, and fast. Just running in swinging didn't do her any good. She'd have to do things a bit differently. Just as well. Putting that much force into consecutive attacks was tiring. She needed a bit before doing that again.

Instead, she'd try fighting Brooke another way. Kah raised one of her hands, pointing the palm at Brooke, and charged up a beam attack. If recklessly swinging at the Emboar wasn't working, she'd just have to win with attacks like this instead. Without warning or announcement, Kah fired off the beam at Brooke.

rSmNb2O.png

"You know, Fawkes, I really liked it in Deku. It wasn't a clean place. But the people were fun. It was hard for some, I know that, but everyone did whatever they could to live. It might've been a bad place sometimes but...isn't there something nice about that? Like that nice man, at the sushi place. He was a good person and he...he got hurt. We're small but...maybe he would still be around if someone small had been there to help him I want to be the small thing that makes a difference, even if just once."

"Dora, wait!" But there was no stopping the Wooper. Dora was off, spitting mud at the odd gijinka that had come to try and kill Reshiram. As crazy as it sounded, it seemed they didn't have much choice but to help after all. Or at least, Fawkes didn't.

I'm going to regret this. Fawkes looked over who all was fighting.The odd gijinka, Kah, Brooke, Denku, Dora apparently, and of course, Reshiram. Out of everyone assembled here, Reshiram was probably the strongest. Fawkes had an idea. She paid careful attention to Reshiram's movements. If she copied them just perfectly so...

The Zorua opened her mouth, mimicking Reshiram's movements as best she could. Similar to what the dragon was doing, she caused a blue flame to grow, before launching it at the strange gijinka that Reshiram was targeting. Granted, her attack was much weaker, due to the difference in power between herself and Reshiram. Even so, between that and Dora's attack, that was sure to be a small help.

Once the attack was fired, Fawkes put her hands over her mouth. It felt like she'd just chugged down a bottle of spices. Was this how fire-types always felt? Or did it not affect them? Either way, she needed something cold. Which worked perfectly with the next thing she had in mind. Namely, hurrying to Dora's side, and saying "There, we've made a small difference. Now let's get out of here like Brooke said, or we'll be in trouble, and maybe actual real serious danger!"

Sky Palace Team Showdown

Scarlet watched as Magearna wandered off to get water, wondering what an Ambrosi Berry was and what it's juice tasted like. "What do you think...of all this?" She said, cringing as she saw Taiga digging into the food with abandon. "It feels...too open." Scarlet thought about what the girl said, before coming up with an answer.

"It's... nice enough, although it's very confusing... it's all a bit much, honestly." She said, taking a look around her. "From all of my travels, I have never seen a place this big or well-decorated. It's an honor to be able to come hear, although it's daunting..." She specifically recalled the strange mechanisms they had to make sure no intruders got through. 

Scarlet watched as Magearna returned with a bowl that dwarfed the legend. Yet, she seemed to be able to place in on the table effortlessly, her years of experience showing. Magearna handed Scarlet a goblet. "I hope its to your liking." Scarlet took a look at the goblet, before turning to the bowl.

"Well this is certainly not what I was expecting..." She muttered, before turning to Magearna. "Thank you, Magearna." She nodded at the girl, before returning to the bowl.

Northshore Team Karaoke

His attack, for once, felt like it left some form of meaningful impact as the legend started to thrash around. However, this also meant that the legend was thrashing about, causing Lok to grip on harder to try and not fall off. He saw Gwen's attack miraculously dance around him as they hit the Kyogre. He could also see what he thought was Fiona - things were looking up.

And then it got cold. He watched as the icy mist coming from Kyogre started to try and envelope Lok. His felt like he was now holding onto a glacier, the mist stinging him. He felt like he would freeze over if he stay on Kyogre any longer. He let go of Kyogre, which sent him onto a crash course to the water. The water felt warm; at least relatively warmer than he was feeling. He didn't have enough energy to bring himself above the water - luckily, instead of sinking into the bottom of the water, he floated upwards towards the surface, gasping for air as his face broke through the surface of the water. 

"I heard he died...And...Latios too, not long ago...That's correct right?" Astrid looked up at Kazo. "Sorry that's probably not proper to talk about. Grace didn't want me to know but with...er, someone else told us." She flushed red as she realized that she seemed to be saying more than she intended. She looked around for a bit before her eyes settled on Ari, who had been silent. She meekly spoke towards him. "And um...who are you, anyway?"

Kazo coughed a bit, as he shook his head. He just told her Ari was the cute one, but whatever. The kid was being pretty quiet though. He hoped Ari was doing okay. "Yeah... I guess news travels faster than I thought," he sighed as he leaned back. "Latios died protecting his sister... I wish I could be half the man he was," Kazo shook his head as he sat up. "Anyways, maybe we could tell happier stories, like how we met a village of shapeshifters in a forest, which had us meet another legendary," He commented. He then paused. Oh yeah, Keldo abandoned them. Not a very happy story after all.

Denku was glad that even Godslayers could be taken off guard. He'd seemed to have gotten a good hit in. However, he seemed to have finally gotten Genescet's attention. Its claws glowed an greenish color and it rushed at Denku, bringing its arms across in an X formation. Denku braced himself, not fast enough to dodge... but the strike was significantly slowed down by a mud shot to the Godslayer's face, allowing Denku to dodge by jetting to the left and landing on a rooftop.

"Get it, hero Denku!" Dora cheered. Denku nodded just as Fawkes managed to fire a blue flame at the Godslayer.

"You two did great. Now, get to a safer spot! make sure other people don't get hurt!" He called out as he looked at what was going on. Reshiram had fired flames as the Godslayer readied a canon. "Oh no, you don't," Denku stated as he began to rapidly throw punches from his spot. Rocks formed and flew at the Godslayer, but instead of hitting the Genesect, the rocks began to surround it, trying to cut off any escape it might try. "Have fun with this!" Denku called out as he clenched his fist, making the Rock Slide fall at the Godslayer.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine made his way back to the other duo, he cursed under his breath and the rain as he saw Lok jump onto Kyogre's back. As the brief altercation took place,  Nine was able to see a mist so cold there was a visible chill in the air and briefly panicked that Lok was about to meet his end. However, the boy had managed to get himself away from the legend, instead falling into the water below. Finally getting to Gwen, he called out, "Gwen!" Catching his breath a bit, the Houndoom didn't seem to completely stop before saying, "ok, so, surprise, the Cacturne's a godslayer, also Kyogre's probably going to destroy the town if we don't stop her, also he's going to kill her if she gets stopped, also Lok might be drowning right now, so, you go help him out and then help me as I try to keep these two parties from killing us, each other, and everything in town, sound like a plan? Good." After rapid firing the situation at the girl, the man then started to move away from her, so that Kyogre wouldn't pay much attention to her. Instead, he called out, "hey Kyogre! If you want to, still willing to talk this out!" He got ready this time to dodge out of the way of any sort of attack the legend would throw at him saying, "I mean, I clearly don't want to fight, and you've already proven how strong you are by beating the Rotom and Drapion, so what's the harm, right?" 

P1JjewJ.png?1

Marie was a bit concerned as the men continued to drag Randy off, uncertain about what his fate was going to be like, yet all the same there wasn't much she was able to do about it. Looking around as she and Keanu followed the guard people, they were met with curious looks from the townspeople. Yet, more interesting, they seemed to both scorn the masked people and praise the guard people in equal scorn and admiration respectively. Marie was both curious and concerned by this, and wasn't quite sure what was going on around here, but didn't question anyone about it out of a bit of nervousness on the subject. As the guard people eventually told them that they were free to go as they please, and visit Randy only when night fell, the girl nodded and looked to Keanu saying, "well, uh, I guess we'll explore or something." 

The girl wasn't particularly enthusiastic about it, given the current situation, and was using it more to kill time then anything else. Though as she walked around, she marveled at just how different the city was from Northshore. Whereas that one reminded her of the port cities in Alola, this was far more natural feeling and was way more dense in forestry then any town she had seen before. The girl's attention was eventually drawn towards the less rural part of the town; an area that appeared to be a bustling marketplace. 

Walking there, Marie's dour expression was replaced with one that was filled more with child like excitement as she saw all the goings on. There was an energy to the place, as all the townsfolk around seemed to be lively and bustling around. Different stands and colors filled the vision no matter where one looked, and there was an overall friendly and familiar atmosphere amongst all the business being dealt. Marie looked around, taking a cursory glance at each of the stands before her attention was drawn to the more official looking buildings further back. Cheerily motioning for Keanu to follow, the girl bounded forth towards the first of the buildings. 

Inside it, there were all kind of pottery and furniture of all kinds. The girl moved around looking at each of the different wooden chairs, desks and cabinets, only to then be captivated by the clay bowls that were around as well. Thinking they were quite pretty, the girl looked around at the price of one of them, noticing that it was well within the amount of money that she had. The girl seemed to try to restrain herself from impulsively buying the thing, thinking that even if she bought a bowl, there was no guarantee that it would be safe from harm when they finally left this place as well. As Marie looked clearly conflicted and like she was trying to wrestle with something, someone eventually came over to her asking what she was looking for. 

Looking at them, a bit startled as she was forced out of her thoughts, she merely shook her head. "Oh, um, nothing really. I just thought they looked pretty was all."

"Ah, yes, they're made right here in Mowloo. We take care of ourselves here, we have to, being hidden away in the jungle and all."

Marie was made curious by this statement and asked, "hidden away?"

"Well we're smack dab in the middle of a jungle, it's not a place most just visit you know."

Marie tapped her chin, nodding, though only made more curious. She wasn't quite sure why people would purposefully seclude themselves away like that, and thought there was probably some kind of reason behind it. "Is the jungle like, a fun place to live in, or something?"

"Fun? I don't know about that. But, its a place that's ours."

"Hmmm..." Marie seemed to think about the answer for a bit. Nodding to herself, she was starting to be able to understand the sentiment. "Yeah, that makes sense. Well, thanks Mister." With that she waved to the shop worker and went to the next shop over. Inside there was a bunch of different kinds of herbal remedies and medicines that Marie wasn't entirely sure what their purpose was. However, in her search, she eventually spotted something that did, that being a necklace on display. Looking at the thing curiously, it seemed to be a charm of some sort that had some water trapped within. Having had to fight the buyers impulse already once today, the girl caved in and bought the charm known as Mystic Water. 

Putting it over her neck, thinking it was well worth the four hundred poke it cost, the girl went to examine one last area of the shopping district. Inside the last building she went to explore, it seemed to be an art gallery of sorts. The girl seemed to be in awe of all the different paintings that were around, being different in style and content then anything she had seen in Alola. As she continued to browse the gallery, a merchant eventually came over to her and started to try and sell her the paintings as much as possible, though his interest seemed to wane as he realized Marie was but a child. 

Being annoyed by the merchant's shift in demeanor, the girl raised her finger and felt ready to prove him wrong. Of course, as she did, she looked at the necklace she was wearing and stopped herself. With no money to actually prove him wrong with, the girl merely gave the man the stink eye before leaving the shop, and going to see more of the town. 

As Marie dragged Keanu, who seemed fine with just going with the Water-type's flow for now, through the shops night was falling. The sun dipped underneath the treeline and the city was cast under shadows. Torches were lit high in the sky, away from the flammable trees, which gave off some light but it would become difficult to maneuver around without risking bumping into thing soon.

Meanwhile Randy's guard would be relieved by another, this time a Grovyle, another who had been at the scene with the Tyranitar. Once the Rhyhorn left he propped his feet up on the desk and looked out the window. He seemed to be more impatient than the last, and kept watching as the darkness fell.

The Dragon Pulse that Kah launched struck true, hitting Brooke. The switch from physical to ranged attack seemingly to have caused them to not have time to prevent the attack. True to her fighting spirit, though, Brooke seemed still ready to fight.

As the Genesect prepared to move to the side they were forced to stop. Had they gone too far they would have ran right into the wall of rocks that Denku had summoned above them. Thus it was still standing in place as Reshiram launched their attack. They attempted to fire the cannon, blocking the flames with a water-y blast, but it was sent later than intended and the flames still, while diminished, reached the Genesect.
Which was soon followed by another, smaller, burst of flames. The creature let out a Metal Sound again, out of agony this time, as the flames crashed into their body.

It seemed to have done quite a lot of damage to them. However...they were still standing. Though floating was more like it. It fired its cannon again at Reshiram, not having time to change its Type before Reshiram would be able to attack again.

Dora frowned at Fawkes. "But look, Brooke is hurt, something might happen to her!" She didn't seem to have the energy to push past Fawkes, but they did lean around the small Gijinka to try and fire a Water Gun in retaliation towards Kah.

Magearna smiled sweetly at Scarlet. "I'm happy you're all doing so well, and with such healthy appetites." She gave a small laugh in Taiga's direction. Glancing over at Tianzi, she said, "No need to be shy, go right ahead, it's the least I can do since you're helping us."
She looked to be about to say more but then a booming voice interrupted her.

"I hope the food is ready, I'm starving!"
BGM
The Gijinka who came into the room stood at around nine feet tall. There was a radiance that came off of him, as if something inside was shining brightly, and he strode with a purpose and confidence that gave off a kingly presence. "Ah, and who...are you?" He asked, in the same booming voice, as his eyes scanned over the group.

Gwen gasped as Nine dropped all the information. A Godslayer? It made sense but...just how many of them were there? Shouldn't they leave? This wasn't a fight that they could win on two fronts..she wasn't even sure they could win it on one.

But Lok was in danger and she had to at least help him. As Nine drew Kyogre's attention to him she floated over to lend him a hand. "Lok, we're in even more trouble than we thought. That man is a Godslayer. Between him and Kyogre...perhaps we need to escape after all." She looked ashamed, having been the one who got them into this mess in the first place.

When Nine spoke to Kyogre her eyes lit up at his words. She seemed even more angry at the suggestion that she stopped. The lights formed again and Kyogre once more assaulted Nine with an Origin Pulse. Moments later they ducked their head forward from the force of Fiona's Pin Missile that struck her back.

Still the Cacturne waited, watching on the edge of the water, the waves lapping at his feet. But then he turned his head as a small voice called out. "Sir...you're...you're like him, aren't you? Like my brother?" He turned to see a young Blitzle girl standing there. She flinched at his gaze but continued. "Couldn't you please...stop this?"

Ari seemed to be a bit awkward when responding to the girl, though he did announce himself as "Ari of Pride Rock" which seemed to make the girl even more curious. "I've never seen Pride Rock before." She stated.

Kazo's words made her curious. "Shapeshifters, that sounds exciting! And...oh you must mean Sir Keldeo. He...er...he passed by here..." She stopped and blushed, thinking she was saying too much.

Mac however didn't seem to want that slide. "Suit...Keldeo was here? When? Do you know where he went? He uh...he owes me some training!" She looked over at Kazo. "You want to know too, don't you?" Then back at Astrid, who looked nervous. "Wait how did you know who he was?"

"I...uh..."

"That's enough." Grace had returned, carrying a basket with several different potions and status-restoring items. "This is what you wanted, yes? I think you should go, Astrid needs to rest."

There was a spark in Mac's eye that Kazo and Ari would both notice. She clearly didn't want to leave yet.

8GrkkS0.png

Ari had been lost in thought since meeting Astrid. She was a princess, so that meant she was...like him. He wondered if the weight of the title ever got too much for her too. If maybe, that was why she was so sick. She didn't look too good. Maybe that meant that she would soon be returning to the earth, to become grass. But...something seemed wrong about that. She's so young... She was older than him, but still.

It wasn't until she greeted him and asked who he was that he snapped out of it, introducing himself. "My name's Ari. Ari of Pride Rock!" a tinge of pride entered his voice at that. He wasn't yet good enough to call himself by his full name, but...but no matter what, he would always be a lion of Pride Rock. And a true king, he thought silently.

"Shapeshifters, that sounds exciting! And...oh you must mean Sir Keldeo. He...er...he passed by here..."

Wait, what?!

"Suit...Keldeo was here? When? Do you know where he went? He uh...he owes me some training!" She looked over at Kazo. "You want to know too, don't you?" Then back at Astrid, who looked nervous. "Wait how did you know who he was?"

"I...uh..."

"That's enough." Grace had returned, carrying a basket with several different potions and status-restoring items. "This is what you wanted, yes? I think you should go, Astrid needs to rest."

Ari noticed a spark in Mac's eyes and rolled his own. "Yeah, that's not gonna happen," he muttered under his breath. Honestly, he didn't care too much for the water pony. That man had insulted Kazo! Or something...actually maybe he hadn't? But he had doubted Kazo! So yeah. Really, if he had to choose between Suiten and Kah, he would choose Kah every time. Even though she left... He frowned, heart clenching.

--

qZU0awZ.png

A lot had happened in a short amount of time. Easter had been fighting an inner battle at the sight of Reshiram. Honestly, there wasn't much preventing him from losing control and attacking the dragon right then and there. He had been about to challenge the man to a duel, and prove once more that dragons were nothing more than bloated pushovers, when Kah stepped forward, asking a question. He growled at the interruption, when he stopped short at the sight of her arm...glowing.

What.

And then something that looked like another space alien landed and began to fight Reshiram. And his allies decided that Reshiram was the one that they would be siding with.

This was like the last battle, but reversed. A space alien fighting against a dragon. Honestly, Easter really, really wanted to fight the dragon. And Kah. Yes, fight them both. The space alien could just do its own thing.

And then Kah attacked Brooke. Yes, it had been provoked, but still.

Well. That just made things a lot easier.

Finally deciding who to fight, Easter stepped forward and released a Swift. One burst of glowing pink stars headed for Kah, the other for that weird alien thing. He supposed the alien was a threat. He almost sent a third burst at Reshiram, but refrained. He would challenge that dragon to an honorable fight later, when there wasn't so much confusion going on.

"Teehee," he giggled, his fake cutesy persona growing a little manic, his smile widening to show teeth. "It's been a while since I've fought a Hydreigon, but I suppose for my dear fellow wifey, I can oblige."

--

L4AHmu4.png

All right. Keanu could admit it. He'd been a space cadet lately. But really, he was just thinking. Sure, psychic types could spend hours thinking and they were seen as mystic and wise. Any other type? Knocked on the head.

It was a little-known fact about Keanu, that he could slip into meditative states for a while. They usually culminated in naps, but, there was nothing wrong with mixing hobbies. By the time he returned to the present, he found out that not only had aspersions been cast on his intelligence, but that Randy had gone and gotten himself thrown in jail.

And they accused him of being an idiot.

Shaking his head, Keanu followed Marie around town, restocking on berries as he went. He had picked some on the way there, but it was always good to get more. His stash was starting to look a little low. Other than that, he didn't buy anything, deciding it'd be more prudent to see what the verdict would be on Randy first. Especially if they had to pay bail.

As darkness fell, remembering what had been said about visitation hours, he looked at Marie, speaking up. "Eh, do you think we should go see that big lump?" Despite his words, he did want to make sure the Incineroar was still in one piece. He wasn't too sure he trusted the authorities here, after recent events.

--

Northshore

Amidst the chaos of the fighting and the storm, a young Eevee helped to evacuate her fellow gijinka. Surprisingly, she had managed to keep a level head throughout all of this. She wondered if maybe it would have been better to go with the group from earlier after all. Glancing at the gijinka fending off Kyogre, she pursed her lips. If I were only a little stronger, maybe I'd be able to help...

But she had chosen her path. And, every time she shifted debris off of a friend, or calmed another, she felt surer and surer that she had made the right choice.

Her home needed her.

Archived