Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 29, Mioter

"Wherever it is it needs to not be here!"
Well that wasn't very helpful now was it? That could be lots of places. Everywhere is not here besides here after all. Dora shook her head at the other young Gijinka. She was about to explain how many places that could be, listing them off, but she noticed something move.

As they were between the two fights Dora could see Kah going towards Reshiram. And it was clear she didn't mean anything nice at all.
So Dora moved.
As Kah brought her fist down, hoping to strike Reshiram from behind as he battled with Genesect, Dora stepped in the way. A soft glow formed around her body as Kah's attack landed upon her. She was thrown to the side by the force of the punch but, oddly, as she lifted her head up she called out "See? I'm fine!"

Another glow formed around her and a blast of energy launched out of the girl towards Kah. The damage of the Dragon's blow had been practically nullified by Dora's unique abilities but the force had still been there. Thus the Hydreigon would find herself thrown through the air as the Counter struck her.

Genesect seemed to be able to fight on equal ground with Reshiram, who was in the middle of his Outrage. The damage they were taking was quite high but it wasn't enough to disable them and keep them from fighting.
As Denku crashed into it with another dark pulse punch they lurched to the side. Reshiram was able to land a solid hit on the side of their head and they were thrown to the side.

Landing with a thud the Gijinka leaned upwards. It let out yet another Metal Sound, which would affect Denku, Reshiram, and Kah all, and shot out another blast from their cannon. Aiming for Reshiram who, as their Outrage faded, seemed to be out of sorts.

Team Alola, Day 14, Mowloo

Blake sneered at the dead bodies of the Altaria who were guarding the prison. "Seems living it up in the city makes you soft. No wonder they're afraid of us when they're this weak." He stepped over their bodies and went to the cells. All of the group that had been taken were crammed into a single cell and, as he opened the door, they spilled out and began to give their thanks. Only the girl remained standing in the middle of the cell. "Come on, it's time to go home." He told her.
---
Marie and Keanu would have to cut across one of the clusters of homes on the way towards the prison. As they did they'd see several of the militia putting out fires getting attacked by a group of masked Gijinka. It seemed there weren't many around this area, only a handful, though if they were to go towards the prison they'd see more of them leading the group that they had met with previously out of the prison and towards the edges of the city.

An Ariados Gijinka, wearing a mask like the others, would drop in front of them as they decided where to go. They would speak aggressively in a language that the pair didn't understand and, when they didn't answer how the Gijinka wanted, sprayed a String Shot at them.
---
Randy would hear the noises growing from his cell as someone stepped in through the open door. It was the Tyranitar, the leader of the militia, who was clutching a bleeding arm and looking about the room. "Dammit." He muttered. Then, moving to Randy's cell, he looked him over before speaking. "This happened right after you came here. Even if you didn't do anything to start it you must know something. Talk." He commanded.

Team Mac, Day 26, Weynon

"What do you think she wants to steal from the Palace anyway? We can't just let her keep your bag though!"
"So it's either we give into her demands, which I won't do, by the way, or attack her, and have the town more than likely think I'm some thug attacking and kidnapping small children. Less than ideal, but better than stealing,"

Ari seemed to agree that something had to be done, which Mac was grateful for, but Kazo seemed intent that they not help her steal.
Though Mac wasn't sure about that. After all wouldn't a princess have a lot? She'd be able to take some and it probably wouldn't even be missed...But it wouldn't be a very heroic thing to do. "Well it's a sacred tree where a princess lives, Ari, obviously it must be full of goodies!" She nodded matter-of-factly before continuing. "So we're gonna stop the criminal and save the day then?" Mac said, eyes flashing with excitement.

Whatever the plan, the group would have to meet with Kaitlin first. The girl would, as promised, be waiting near the tree where Grace and Astrid were living. She had Mac's back slung over her shoulder and would notice them approach regardless of how they moved to her. "Took you long enough. Thankfully the timing is still in my favor. I'll need you to distract the people living in there so I can go in and find some treasure. Then you can get your bag back. Simple and easy, in and out, fair trade and all that amirite?"

Team Showdown, Day 28, Sky Palace

"They would approve."
"Mm". Was Solgaleo's simple response. It was clear that whoever "they" were it was a touchy subject.

Though he was soon distracted by Tianzi and Scarlet's request. "So hungry for battle I see! Well we had just finished our own training up so more would have to wait. Though...if you really want to I wouldn't mind tossing you around, little bird." He said towards Tianzi. "That is if you don't mind me taking the offer from you, my lady." He said with joking formality towards Lunala. Though he was sure he knew the answer. Especially as the Legend was talking with another of the group.

"Your friends have made their opinions clear. What are your thoughts on the matter?"
Isole seemed almost startled to be addressed. Though the only, visible, indication was a slight widening of her eyes. "I...think that it should be done." She said slowly. She didn't give much hint that she was interested. "Might as well help since I'm here."

So Solgaleo would take Tianzi, and whoever followed, through a few more rooms until they came upon a wide, open, space that had been clearly used for battling recently. Though it wasn't as bad as it could be as Magearna was there already, cleaning up. She looked up in despair as Solgaleo entered. "Again?" She replied, to which he simply shrugged sheepishly.

Team Karaoke, Day 27, Northshore

Fiona watched as Nine got dragged under the water. She had been firing upon Kyogre when she had moved...so fast. It was frightening how swiftly the Legend moved under the water. She leapt to a platform near where Nine had been and looked down. With the waves and rain it was difficult to make anything out. She wanted to help but...

Under the water Kyogre was now facing Nine. She stared at him with wild eyes and he could see the pure rage in her gaze. Not directed at him. Not directed at anything in particular. Just rage. She went to punch him in the stomach. The attack wouldn't be as forceful as it would've been normally but the intent was simply to force Nine to gasp out and swallow the water. She would force him to drown.

Then a figure swam through the water above. Fiona had dove down and was swimming towards them as Kyogre punched a second time.

She swung her own fist, covered in dark energy, at Kyogre best she could. The attack struck Kyogre's arm and forced her to let go.

Kyogre turned her enraged eyes towards Fiona and began to form another Origin Pulse.

---

Gwen shook her head at Lok's suggestion. "I'm not letting you fight alone. Our best bet is to keep him busy enough that she gets out of the way." She wouldn't just run like that and even if she wanted to she doubted she could get passed that man.

His attack had missed Lok but had struck Gwen, who found herself doubled over as her Aura took the special attack.

"P-Please, mister Godslayer. We're not looking to fight you..."

"And I you. But that is how it turns out when someone gets in our way. We are so close...Soon our mission will finally be complete. If you don't want to fight then surrender."

Nikora spread his arms out and a volley of pins launched out of his body in an arc, heading for Lok and Gwen. The Mismagius attempted to stop them with Magical Leaf but those were shredded in moments. She tried to move out of the way but several of the pins struck her in the legs causing her to cry out in pain.

She bit her lip and focused. Knowing she'd have to fight hard to defeat this man. In her mind negative emotions swirled, granting her greater power...A plan formed in her mind. "You'll have to try harder if you want to hurt me!" She called out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

After imagining what his old hero would've done in this given situation, Randy heard the noises growing even more. It was pissing him off immensely right now. He was here...not being able to go out there to do anything. And it was obvious that the damned Zoroark was not coming back...all because he was chose to keep Marie and Keanu around.

With a sigh, the Incineroar glanced over at the key on the floor and had a thought. Maybe he could use his boot to scoot the key over towards him. Yeah that might wor-...

Unfortunately, he couldn't put his idea into motion, as he heard someone entering the room from his cell. Randy turned his head and saw that it was the Tyranitar, the leader of the militia and was clutching his bleeding arm. Damn...he looks like sheet... he thought, watching the guy making his way towards his cell.

"This happened right after you came here. Even if you didn't do anything to start it you must know something. Talk."

Randy was silent when the Tyranitar spoke to him, only giving him a small stare before looking away. Best not talk about Blake...cause that's the last thing I need right now. he thought. A simple shrug was given in response. "Hell if know..."

"Don't play around with me boy this is important." the Tyranitar spoke. "The guard is gone, the key is on the floor, something happened here."

"Yeah. Something happened." Randy said simply, pointing a thumb towards the sounds of the chaos that was going on outside. "Dude heard that ruckus and made his way out to try and figure out what's going."

"I'll have to let him know that he shouldn't unburden himself of the key like that..." he shook his head and picked up the key. "I'm going to have to go out there again to stop this madness. If there's anything you know you should tell me now."

"Whatever..." Randy muttered, returning to look at the opposite cell wall, having his head just gently hit the wall he was leaning on. sheet...took the key...Solgaleo whhhhhhhhy????

"Fine, you do what you will, I'm going to go help my people. And your friends." he said, beginning to leave with the key in tow.

Randy's fist began to clench tightly as the Tyranitar mentioned helping his friends. He growled slightly, before his fist began to unclench and his growl became a sigh. It wasn't worth getting upset at right now. "Hey..." He heard the footsteps from the Tyranitar stop. "..." Randy went silent for a short moment, before sighing again. "Where do you have...your people stationed?"

"They're all over right now, trying to stop all the fires, and protect the civilians. Mostly by the houses. Where I should be right now..."

"I see..." Randy muttered, sighing once more. "If anything, you may want to make sure the civilians are top priority. If it's really bad out there from what your saying...damaged property can be replaced and fixed...critically injured civilians can't."

"Of course." he said. "No one is going to die tonight...If that's all, I am going. I'll find whoever led this and make sure they pay."

"Good luck." Randy said, giving a small thumbs up through the cell bars to the Tyranitar and pulled his arm back, hearing the his footsteps fading. A small sigh escaped his mouth as he shook his head. Blake...I might've just saved your ass. If you get out of here...I better be owed something. he thought, before chuckling lightly at this thought. Yeah right Randy. You apparently were using the Zoroark...so guess what, you apparently funked up that. ...I just wanna get out of here...

jOzNrUn.png

Poké: 290
Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (empty)
As Kah charged Reshiram, a sudden and unexpected figure came between the Hydreigon and her target. The Wooper. She tried to pull back to avoid hurting the girl, but it was too sudden. Her fist collided at full force, but the girl seemed uninjured. Inversely, Kah found herself hit with a force out of nowhere, propelling her back and through the air. This fight was turning into an embarrassment. She'd been pummeled by a foe she couldn't even hit, and now that she'd avoided one of that foe's attacks to focus on the person she was actually here to fight, she was effortlessly repelled by a child!

And then, a horrible metal sound came from her ally. It then turned its cannon toward Reshiram again. Kah charged forward once again, intent on hitting Reshiram even one time. It was going to take a lot more than some meddling kids and a pig to stop her.

rSmNb2O.png

Poké: 800

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x3

"See? I'm fine!"

Fawkes raised her hands and opened her mouth as if to continue her protest against sticking around... then her hands promptly fell to her sides as she shut her mouth. I give up. Dora obviously wasn't going anywhere. But that didn't mean Fawkes had to stick around. After all, as well as her own life, she had Brooke's hat to watch over. It was a nice hat. It'd be awful if something happened to it. She had to go somewhere safe, but getting through the crowd around the fight would be difficult. She glanced around, before settling on a spot.

The Zorua made for Easter's location, positioning herself behind the Sylveon, then sitting down on the ground, watching the fight. From here, she could get in quickly if something awful happened, but still make a timely escape if she had to.

Susanoo burned, a walking supernova of heat and intensity. The pavement beneath the hulking fire avatar was heated to the point of glowing, and where the fist had missed Kah and grazed the side of a building, it had left behind a scorched wall of soot. Calling it a powerful technique would be nothing short of a massive understatement, an insult to the ancestral technique of the Emboar. A skilled wielder was a force that even a legend would be forced to reckon.

Brooke, however, had only unlocked it a few weeks ago. She had grown-up on the streets of Deku, without anyone to guide her in the use of the Avatar of Flames. It was almost as dangerous to her as it was to her opponents. A tamed fire could be the greatest asset one could ask for, a light in the dark, a warmth to fight off the cold, but a fire that was allowed to rampage was a glutton that would take and take until everything had been devoured.

Brooke was fighting desperately to stop that from happening. She had restricted the fiery aura that engulfed her so that it wouldn’t burn her allies, burn Easter or Dora or Fawkes or Denku, and because it was denied a meal it rebelled. The heat bit into her skin and burned everything, skin peeling, searing holes into even her clothes which had been specifically manufactured for Fire-types.

She grit her teeth so had she thought they would break, balling her hands into fists (an action which Susanoo mimicked), and forced herself to focus through sheer willpower. Kah was charging at Reshiram, Denku threw himself at Genesect, Reshiram and Genesect traded blows as the two approached, and--

Dora jumped in the way of the Hydreigon’s attacked, and the force launched her back. Something knocked Kah back as well, but by that point, Brooke had lost focus.

iU8EggM.png

Emboar have always been known as one of the most instinct driven Gijinka. It’s unknown why, but they possess certain qualities most Gijinka have evolved and forgotten; a reliance on a strong sense of smell, a very territorial attitude when it comes to their homes, but perhaps none is more notorious than their devotion to their children.

Emboar are infamously fierce fighters, laying claim to a reputation reserved for the likes of Charizard gijinka and Dragonite gijinka. No one would challenge one to a fight lightly, that much is certain… but only a fool attacks one when they are around their young. Similar to Ursaring or Kangaskhan gijinka, they will push themselves to levels normally unobtainable in defense of their children.

Not even in the face of a legendary would most Emboar falter, if their child was put in danger.

iU8EggM.png

A wave of heat blasted across the area. Stray trash burst into flames, clothing smoldered, and most everyone’s mouth would suddenly feel like cotton. A wall of flames suddenly erupted in front of Kah, blocking her path—or that was what it looked like, but in reality it was the arm of Susanoo slamming down in front of her with enough force to shake the ground. The other arm slammed down behind her, and the hands laced together, creating an effective cage of flames around the dragon.

The noise that came out of the Susanoo was incoherent, a roar of raw anger, and the Susanoo slammed both of his arms together to try and crush Kah between the two walls of flames.

Sky Palace Team Showdown

"So hungry for battle I see! Well we had just finished our own training up so more would have to wait. Though...if you really want to I wouldn't mind tossing you around, little bird." He said towards Tianzi. "That is if you don't mind me taking the offer from you, my lady."

"I'm tagging along too!" Scarlet stated, getting up from her chair. She stopped, turning to Isole, before glancing to Taiga and Lunala. "Take care of her, alright?" She said, directed at Taiga although she hadn't noticed that her glance was locked onto Lunala. "I'll be back shortly." And with that she followed Solgaleo and Tianzi.

While the group was walking to wherever Solgaleo was taking them, something popped up in Scarlet's mind. "So... mister Solgaleo. was it?" He didn't turn to Scarlet, although his head slightly tilted. "Who is this "they" Lunala talked about?"

"The Tapu." He said. "Those who protect Alola."

"The Tapus?" Scarlet inquired. She had never heard of something like that, although she had also not heard of Alola to begin with.

"Koko, Bulu, Lele, and Fini. Four guardians. The first children of Alola."

"The first children of Alola huh..." She paused for a moment "Are they... still in Alola, with those beast... things you mentioned?"

"As far as I know they are fighting to free our land. They wouldn't ever do anything less..."

"I see..." There was a moment of pause as Scarlet took time to absorb the information Solgaleo gave her. These Tapus, going by what she knew, sounded a lot like the Swords of Justice she had been chasing after. "They sound like a lovely crowd. I'd love to meet them. After we deal with the Godslayers, of course."

"Mm, you might regret that when you meet." He chuckled, although his eyes contradicted his response, much to Scarlet's confusion.

"Huh? How so?"

"It's hard to keep up with those kids." He didn't seem to want to talk much about them, or at least that's what Scarlet was picking up on.

She decided she'd try and get more information about the Tapus later. "Oh... alright." She simply responded, before following silently, only talking if someone asked her something.

Northshore Team Karaoke

Gwen shook her head at Lok's suggestion. "I'm not letting you fight alone. Our best bet is to keep him busy enough that she gets out of the way." He wasn't too keen on the idea, but she didn't seem willing to leave. He sighed.

"Just... be careful." He said, taking a deep breath.

"And I you. But that is how it turns out when someone gets in our way. We are so close... Soon our mission will finally be complete. If you don't want to fight then surrender."

Before Lok could respond to the Godslayer, Nikora launched a volley of pins towards the two ghosts. Expecting an attack, Lok entered the stone in his hand, dropping to the ground and in between all of the pins. He emerged from the stone unscathed, turning to Gwen as he heard her cries. He saw the pins that were wedged in her leg, wincing at the thought. Still, see seemed more pumped than anything as she let out a battle cry towards their opponent. 

"She's lost it..."  He thought to himself, shaking his head. "Remember, we're not here to fight him - just buy time." He turned to Nikora. "Do you not see all the destruction your fight with Kyogre has caused!?" He said, gesturing towards the flooded and wrecked city. "I can't talk sense into her, but I thought I could at least talk some sense into you!" He said, before taking a deep breath. To anyone looking, it would seem that, at that moment, Lok was splitting into two. "Please... end this madness!" Both of them spoke at the same time, eyes locked onto their opponent.

8GrkkS0.png

"We don't have anything she'd want though," Kazo replied with a shrug. "So it's either we give into her demands, which I won't do, by the way, or attack her, and have the town more than likely think I'm some thug attacking and kidnapping small children. Less than ideal, but better than stealing."

"Well it's a sacred tree where a princess lives, Ari, obviously it must be full of goodies!" Mac nodded matter-of-factly before continuing. "So we're gonna stop the criminal and save the day then?"

"Sure!" Ari said, happy to have made a decision, and it being a decision he was comfortable making.

Eventually, the group met up with Kaitlin. "Took you long enough. Thankfully the timing is still in my favor. I'll need you to distract the people living in there so I can go in and find some treasure. Then you can get your bag back. Simple and easy, in and out, fair trade and all that amirite?"

The Litleo brimmed with nervous excitement, mixed with righteous indignation. He glanced at Mac and Kazo, afraid to say anything that would "mess up the plan."

--

qZU0awZ.png

Easter gaped in shock when Dora of all people, Dora, stood in front of Kah. "Dora, no, you silly little idiot!" he shouted. However, much to his surprise, and relief, she was unharmed, and in fact, it seemed that Kah was the one to get hurt from all of this. Which was...odd. He didn't think Wooper had any such ability, unless this was something like a personal move. He was about to attack Kah when he saw that Brooke had it handled. No, he wasn't sure his attack would even survive through the flames of...whatever attack that was.

Fawkes sat down behind Easter, and the fairy type let out a sigh of relief. Well, that was one child he didn't have to worry about. Why couldn't Dora be more like Fawkes? Or at least have more common sense...

Seeing Denku readying to attack the space alien, Easter wondered if it was about time to target that...creature as well. He powered up a Moonblast, taking extra time to make sure his aim was true. He didn't want to accidentally hit Reshiram in the confusion--okay, that was a lie, but regardless, the dragon of truth was not his target for this fight.

--

L4AHmu4.png

Seeing that Marie looked a little out of it, Keanu chewed on the inside of his cheek in worry. Honestly, this whole scene was a little too similar to the attack on Alola for his liking, but, well, he had always been good at setting aside his worries and leaving them behind while he dealt with the here and now. The past didn't matter, nor did the future. Only the present did. And what was happening in the present was...

A masked Ariados gijinka talking to him. Unfortunately, he couldn't understand it. This called for a game of charades. He shook his head, waving his hands in the air over his shoulders, palms facing the sky. A universal sign of confusion.

Maybe he was worse at charades than he thought, or maybe the gijinka just lost patience. Either way, a String Shot came their way.

Keanu scoffed. Like a silly string would slow him down. He made to move...only to get tangled up in the silk. Annoyed, the electric type sent a Thunder Wave down the string to the Ariados. See how he liked getting his movements constricted.

--

ETbkiW0.png

"Mm."

Lunala sent Solgaleo an apologetic thought at the reminder before turning part of her mind to Tianzi, though the majority remained focused on the ghost type in front of her. Solgaleo could handle that. Fighting was not something she particularly enjoyed, not like her partner legendary.

As expected, the lion accepted eagerly. "So hungry for battle I see! Well we had just finished our own training up so more would have to wait. Though...if you really want to I wouldn't mind tossing you around, little bird." He said towards Tianzi. "That is if you don't mind me taking the offer from you, my lady." He said with joking formality towards Lunala.

Lunala looked up from her conversation to glance at the gijinka. "So long as you don't go overboard," she replied, her tone a mixture of fondness and exasperation. She turned back to the Rotom just in time to catch her response.

The ghost type's eyes had widened slightly. "I...think that it should be done." She said slowly. "Might as well help since I'm here."

Scarlet, Tianzi, and Solgaleo left soon afterward. The air felt much quieter now that they were gone. The ghost legendary smiled. "And that is fine. Not all of us thirst for battle or justice," she made a gesture toward where the others had left, her clothes following her movements and causing the air to ripple and darken. "Sometimes it is just because you are there, and you are needed." Her eyes softened. "Such is my case, as well."

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine was dragged underneath the water, he continued to try and struggle the legend's grip in a futile attempt to break free from it. He knew that he was fighting a losing battle at this point, and now that they were underwater, his chances of winning against this legend were next to zero. This was only further punctuated as the legend reeled back one of her fists, punching Nine in the gut. The houndoom's eyes widened and it took every ounce of will power to not have all the air knocked out of him once. His cheeks puffed up and his mouth slightly opened, expelling out some air and filling up a bit with water. However, just as the legend was about to go in for a finishing blow with a second punch, Fiona had appeared on the scene, punching the legend. As they had Kyogre let go of Nine, their grip being loosened by the attack, and turned their expression of pure malice towards the Drapion. As they began to charge their attack, Nine saw the opportunity present itself and with a dark aura imbuing him kicked the head of Kyogre. 

With his attack hitting true, the attack directed at Fiona was sent wild and the two were able to begin their ascent. Starting to swim upward, making their way for the surface, Kyogre seemed none too willing to let them get back up there. So, the duo needed to dissuade the legend, from continuing their advance. One after the other, Fiona launched an attack at Kyogre, which Nine would follow up about a half second later, creating this steady stream of attacks being directed towards the legend. The pressure had eventually allowed them to break the surface, the houndoom gasping for air and coughing up water in his mouth as he did. Though they had made it back up, they were far from out of the frying pan, needing to get back to some kind of ground to stand back up on. Even if they did, even with Nine's own aura slowly repairing his damage and fatigue, the amount of effort he needed to expend to both swim and continue fighting the legend was exhausting. Though he was starting to feel it, stopping was not an option, as it would most likely mean his death and many others. And so, the houndoom merely swam back to the nearest thing to grab onto to hoist himself out of the water. 

P1JjewJ.png?1

Marie wasn't able to pay much attention to her surroundings as she continued running, her mind clearly not all there as they made their way to Randy. However, when they were stopped by the masked gijinka, starting to shout at them with words that the girl couldn't understand, the girl merely panicked and hid behind Keanu. Unfortunately for the pikachu, he was struck by a silken string of some kind that stuck to him, and while it didn't seem to damage him, the girl still yelped out in concern, saying, "K-Keanu! Are you alright?" Being afraid of a follow up attack, and not wanting to be hurt, the girl clapped her hands together and formed a small aura of water around her. However, it didn't seem all that necessary as Keanu had managed to paralyze the man. Looking at him, the girl was still quite shaken and wanted to be gone as fast as she could be. Looking to Keanu she said, "c-come on, let's keep going to Randy!" With that, she started heading towards the building, basically ignoring the masked gijinka and hoping Keanu would follow. 

"Well it's a sacred tree where a princess lives, Ari, obviously it must be full of goodies!" Mac nodded matter-of-factly before continuing. "So we're gonna stop the criminal and save the day then?"

"Sure!" Ari said, to which Kazo nodded. 

"Yeah, let's do this," Kazo confirmed. Hopefully... everything went well. Eventually, the group met up with Kaitlin. 

"Took you long enough. Thankfully the timing is still in my favor. I'll need you to distract the people living in there so I can go in and find some treasure. Then you can get your bag back. Simple and easy, in and out, fair trade and all that amirite?"

"Look, we talked to the people," Kazo said, trying to act like they were trying to help out, which, they kinda were. Just not her. "They don't have anything. The little princess is sick, and they spend all their money trying to get medicine for her. They ain't even from around here, they're on the run. They can't have that many valuables. Why don't you find a more suitable target, and we'll work out a different deal for the bag?" He only hoped this worked. Still, she was willing to steal from children and the like, why would sick kids deter her?

Denku grinned as he saw his Dark Pulse caused the strange woman to lurch, but had to cover his ears as she let out yet another screech. He covered his ears, groaning as he looked up. His eyes widened as she fired a blast at Reshiram, who was dazed at the moment. This... couldn't end well. He fired up his jets, dashing across the ground. He took a deep breath before throwing himself in the path of the blast, crossing his arms to try to block the attack. 

A familiar pain overcame his body as he did, the blast feeling like... it was an attack of water. He was beginning to regret his choice of actions. Letting out a cry of pain, he was thrown back and skipped across the ground. Coughing, he did his best to stand up, but his body was screaming in pain. He managed to get to a knee before he looked at the Genescet, narrowing his eyes.

"Why?" He grunted. "Why are you doing this?! What the hell could you gain from killing Reshiram?!" He just couldn't fathom it. "He was asleep for a long time, so there was no way he could have personally done anything to you! So, why are you hellbent on killing him?!" He wanted answers, and maybe this time, he would get them, unlike with Jabari.

"Those sort of people still exists, huh?"

Her words weren't really aimed at anyone. Tianzi listened closely to what Solgaleo had to say, and she was intrigued by how he mentioned the existence of four remaining guardians that steadfastly defended their homeland. Such a thing sounded only like the stuff of fairy tales these days. Well, such an amusing story, but at the same time they'd probably end up still being disliked by her in the end if she actually met them one day. For now though, Tianzi moved forward to face Solgaleo head-on. She was wearing her torn and ragged travel clothing rather than something more formal, so she didn't have to worry about changing first.

"I'm not sure about Lady Scarlet here, but for myself, I am here to get beaten up. It would be best if you're the one that takes the priority to give me a trashing right, Sir Solgaleo?"

The Ariados halted in their tracks as the electric attack hit their body and caused their muscles to freeze up. They could only watch as Marie ran past them. However just because they were slowed didn't mean they couldn't act at all. So, as Marie made her way away the Ariados fired off Poison Stings in her direction.

On top of that, before reaching the headquarters Randy was being held, they would have to pass by the prison. And as they did they'd find a Zoroark leaving it with a scowl on his face. He called over his shoulder. "Fine, be that way, rot in that cell."

Dora lay on the ground, watching as Brooke made big fire thingies appear where the Hydreigon was. She sat up, with great effort, and stared at the fire with her mouth open. "It's like a giant campfire!" She shouted out, pointing at it for Fawkes...where was Fawkes? "Faaaawkes where did you goooo?" She called out in confusion. Sitting carefree amid two deadly battles.

Genesect's attack hadn't hit Reshiram. However it had predicted an intervention which was why it changed the typing to one that could work against both opponents. It seemed to have succeeded as the Pupitar took a massive hit.

As it got to its feet it was struck in the side, right where the largest crack in its armor was, by Easter's Moonblast.

"He was asleep for a long time, so there was no way he could have personally done anything to you! So, why are you hellbent on killing him?!"

Genesect glanced at the opponent. It opened its mouth and no sound came out. Closed it. Whirring noises could be heard. Then. "It is what I was made for."

Then it pointed towards the Sylveon who had decided to interfere and bits of metal formed above the Gijinka, surrounding and pummeling him a moment later.

Reshiram stumbled a bit, grasping his head, trying to break out of the haze his mind was in after the Outrage. Genesect aimed yet another blast at the Legend as he did, knowing this was the perfect chance to land a critical hit.

Isole looked at Lunala as she thought about the words the Legend had spoken. "I don't think I'm needed." She spoke, almost unbidden, and seemed surprised that she had said anything at all.

Meanwhile Solgaleo was looking at Tianzi as though they had grown a second head. "You're a creepy one, aren't you?" He said. Then he shrugged. "But if that's what you want this will be over quick."

Solgaleo's eyes glowed and, if one were to look closely enough, it was as though the stars were reflected on their surface. With a roar he leaped into the air. His body was covered in a bright energy just before he flew through the air and crashed into Tianzi, hitting the Xatu full on and slamming them into the wall behind them.

Magearna, meanwhile, was sighing. "It's going to take forever to fix this place up again."

"Please... end this madness!"

The man stared at Lok, the real Lok, and slowly shook his head. "I don't expect you to understand. There isn't anything to understand. But this doesn't end until she is dead."

With that he shot out another of his Dark Pulses. However this time Gwen moved in front of it, floating swiftly so that she would be near him when it launched. She took the hit and almost collapsed right then and there. However she simply looked up into the Cacturne eyes and...in a flash of energy she felt her health being restored. At the same time the Cacturne seemed to lose some of the energy. An eye appeared above Gwen right after and the Cacturne would be assaulted by a Hex attack to his Aura. He grimaced but didn't seem to be entirely phased by all of this.

Now that Gwen was closer she noticed something. As the rain grew more intense and the drops hit the Cacturne....he seemed to be absorbing them. Before her eyes she watched as his health slowly restored.

---

The nearest thing for Nine to grab onto turned out to be Fiona. The girl had climbed up onto a chunk of what seemed to have been part of a roof and he would've grabbed onto her leg to hoist himself up. She was too focused on the Legend that had burst from the water, standing on top of a pillar of water several feet high, to really take notice but she did snap a "Careful" at him.

She stood to her feet and stared at Kyogre. "This isn't working. We need to do more." She looked over at Nine. "You're something like the leader of this group right? Shouldn't you have a better idea than to just hit her until she falls down?" She sounded more irritable than before and, if Nine were to pay attention, he would be able to see that her left arm was hanging loosely, as though it were broken.

Team Mac, Day 26, Weynon

"They don't have anything. The little princess is sick, and they spend all their money trying to get medicine for her. They ain't even from around here, they're on the run. They can't have that many valuables. Why don't you find a more suitable target, and we'll work out a different deal for the bag?"

"Oh, really? You've looked through every nook and cranny of that place? I hiiiighly doubt that buckaroo." Kaitlin said with a dramatic roll of her eyes. "They might not have anything but there's gotta be something hiding away in there. And I'm going to find it. Look, all you have to do is distract them while I sneak in and look around. Then you can get this back." She shook the bag at Mac with a cocky grin.

Mac shot off at the girl, drawing her fist back to punch her. "Whoopsie." Kaitlin said with a giggle as she stepped away from the attack. "Looks like your gal pal here is a bit impatient. Maybe you should keep her on a leash."

Mac spun around and dove at Kaitlin once more. The Duskull vanished into the ground before popping up behind Mac and chopping her on top of the head. "None of that now, all I want is a little help and..."

"Show yourself!" Grace's voice called from the doorway of the tree and, with a groan, Kaitlin turned. Expecting the Leavanny to be looking at her.

However she wasn't. Instead her gaze seemed to be on the approaching Gardevoir who was walking up to the tree with her arms raised. "Now now." The woman said. "No need to shout. I just want to have a little chat."

jOzNrUn.png

Another frustrating attack from that Emboar. Kah's patience was hitting an all-time low at this point. If she was this adamant on not letting Kah have her fight, she'd have to be the new target. As the arms of the beast came down around her, Kah quickly glanced around, getting another look at her situation. It almost feels like I'm destined not to win this. Like hell I'm accepting that! As the attack closed in on Kah from her sides, she made a decision.

Brooke had to die. By Kah's hand.

Rather than just standing idly by and taking the hit, or trying to jump over it, Kah charged toward the heart of the beast where Brooke was, using her wings to leap into the air, avoiding the brunt of the attack but still feeling a searing feeling from the knees down. Seemed it had still clipped her. From her aerial position, however, especially after that attack of hers, it would probably be easier to dive into Brooke's location, and give her the punch in the face she very well deserved for all the repeated actions of stopping Kah from fighting her fight. She reared her arm back, and charged forward. Heat be damned.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Sky Palace

Taiga had finally found her way through this maze of a palace.  It was actually annoying trying to navigate this place without...who was it again...Magearna?...leading the way.  However, she was more than content, as she rubbed her abnormally round stomach.  She licked her lips.  At least the chow here made up for her getting lost.  When she next realized, she had found herself looking at Isole, and a rather strange looking Gijinka.  One she had never seen before.  Considering the pattern of this palace, she assumed that it was another Legend.  Geez!  They were meeting these things left and right lately.  She was almost becoming desensitized to the sight.  She walked up beside the strange one, and started to poke it all around, taking a couple of whiffs here and there.  

"Smells...spooky."  She said, after some more prodding and sniffing.  She then took a spot next to Isole.  "Icy!  Thank goodness!  I thought I was gonna starve wandering around this place!  FUFUFUFU!"  She laughed, her comically engorged stomach jiggling a little as she did so.  "Well...what's this guy's deal...and where are the others?"  

Northshore Team Karaoke

"I don't expect you to understand. There isn't anything to understand. But this doesn't end until she is dead." Lok grit his teeth as he saw the Cacturne launch his attack, before letting out a gasp as he saw Gwen jump in front of the attack.

"Gwen!" He shouted, watching as Gwen seemingly collapsed on the ground. He ran up towards her and, as he did, he saw her start getting up, seemingly recovering from the attack. He wasn't sure what was going on, but it was probably good. He took a deep breath, seeing his friend was ok. Still, there was a rather crazy Cacturne in front of him. Was this really what it was like outside of Alpha? Sure, they weren't the sanest there either, but this... this was something else. He shook his head - it didn't matter now. 

"Will it thought!?" He shouted at the Cacturne. "For what purpose must these legends die? It sure as hell can't be to protect the people!" He gestured around him. "Not if you're willing to do this and so much more!" Lok spat on the ground. "I don't know much about the world outside of Alpha, to be honest. I spent most of my time there. But from what I've seen you 'Godslayers' do, it isn't the Legends that must be stopped - it's you." He said bitterly.

8GrkkS0.png

"Look, we talked to the people," Kazo said. "They don't have anything. The little princess is sick, and they spend all their money trying to get medicine for her. They ain't even from around here, they're on the run. They can't have that many valuables. Why don't you find a more suitable target, and we'll work out a different deal for the bag?"

Ari nodded eagerly beside him.

"Oh, really? You've looked through every nook and cranny of that place? I hiiiighly doubt that buckaroo." Kaitlin said with a dramatic roll of her eyes. "They might not have anything but there's gotta be something hiding away in there. And I'm going to find it. Look, all you have to do is distract them while I sneak in and look around. Then you can get this back." She shook the bag at Mac with a cocky grin.

This seemed to be the wrong thing to say, as Mac attempted to attack the sneaky ghost type more than once, causing the girl to retaliate with a chop to the head. "None of that now, all I want is a little help and..."

The group's humorous little skit was interrupted by the arrival of a Gardevoir. She was...really pretty. Ari stared at her for a couple seconds before looking at Kazo worriedly. He hoped Kazo didn't fall in love with her. They didn't need Mac yelling about her lackey getting stolen again...

--

qZU0awZ.png

Easter cheered as his attack hit. Denku started to shout about why the gijinka was doing what it was doing, but Easter knew. It was because it was a space alien, and space aliens were always out to get people. That's just how they were.

And then the gijinka shot a barrage of metal at Easter. The fairy type took the hit with a grimace. He had considered using his shield, but that...steel type? Steel type, was faster than he expected, not to mention, now he had their measure... Even if it dealt me quite a bit of damage, he thought, as he spat out blood. Ugh, he hated fighting steel types. And poison types.

The Sylveon grimaced, before rolling out another Moonblast toward the crack in its armor. He would finish this battle yet.

--

StUyAql.png

"K-Keanu! Are you alright?" Marie cried, "c-come on, let's keep going to Randy!" With that, she took the initiative to lead the way herself.

Keanu, still in the middle of tugging down the strings wrapped around his body, looked up just in time to see the Ariados fire off a salvo of Poison Stings toward the little Popplio. "Oh no you don't!" he cried, shooting a condensed ball of electricity at the bug type. Not stopping to see the results of his attack, he raced toward his friend and looked her over. "You okay?" he asked, before starting to dig into his berry pouch. After a few moments, the electric type came up with...an Aguav Berry. Not really what he had hoped for. A strange berry, it seemed to get stronger the more dire a person's situation. Were they fairly healthy, it would have almost no effect. Also seemed to confuse gijinka that disliked bitter food. Shrugging, he thrust the berry into Marie's hands anyway before continuing to run.

Were the Ariados to give chase, Keanu would shoot back Electro Balls to stymie its progress. He wasn't really looking to take anybody down. He just wanted to reach Randy in time, so he focused more on distraction and getaway.

By the time they reached the jail, they saw a Zoroark leaving it with a scowl on his face. He called over his shoulder. "Fine, be that way, rot in that cell."

"I wonder who he's talking to? Do you think it's Randy?" Keanu wondered aloud. If it were Randy, well...honestly, he wouldn't be that surprised. Their tiger had a knack for getting himself in the thick of things, it seemed. I hope he's not in trouble. This was the wrong direction. They probably should've headed somewhere more peaceful, like Adarid maybe. Even Trailsau sounded good right about now, what with one of their own in jail and the two of them in the midst of a rescue mission while the city burned. "...Let's go," he muttered, not wanting to waste anymore time here.

--

ETbkiW0.png

"I don't think I'm needed."

Lunala smiled gently at her fellow ghost type. "For this battle, everybody is," but said no more, seeming satisfied with the silence.

Until it was broken by the arrival of a Sharpedo gijinka.  "Icy!  Thank goodness!  I thought I was gonna starve wandering around this place!  FUFUFUFU!"  She laughed, her comically engorged stomach jiggling a little as she did so.  "Well...what's this guy's deal...and where are the others?"

Not having been addressed, Lunala was content to remain silent, though she stared at the water type for a few seconds, eyes concentrated, before they shifted back to their normal, gentle glow. "What singular charm," she observed.

"They don't have anything. The little princess is sick, and they spend all their money trying to get medicine for her. They ain't even from around here, they're on the run. They can't have that many valuables. Why don't you find a more suitable target, and we'll work out a different deal for the bag?"

"Oh, really? You've looked through every nook and cranny of that place? I hiiiighly doubt that buckaroo." Kaitlin said with a dramatic roll of her eyes. "They might not have anything but there's gotta be something hiding away in there. And I'm going to find it. Look, all you have to do is distract them while I sneak in and look around. Then you can get this back." She shook the bag at Mac with a cocky grin. Mac shot off at the girl, drawing her fist back to punch her. "Whoopsie." Kaitlin said with a giggle as she stepped away from the attack. "Looks like your gal pal here is a bit impatient. Maybe you should keep her on a leash."

"Does it look like I'm the one in charge?" Kazo asked, raising an eyebrow. "I have about as much control over her as a Dunsparce has over the weather,"

Mac spun around and dove at Kaitlin once more. The Duskull vanished into the ground before popping up behind Mac and chopping her on top of the head. "None of that now, all I want is a little help and..."

"Show yourself!" Grace's voice called from the doorway of the tree and, with a groan, Kaitlin turned. Expecting the Leavanny to be looking at her.

However she wasn't. Instead her gaze seemed to be on the approaching Gardevoir who was walking up to the tree with her arms raised. "Now now." The woman said. "No need to shout. I just want to have a little chat."

Kazo blinked as he saw the Gardevoir approach, and he instinctively placed a hand on his gut. He shook a bit as he gulped. He was afraid right now, completely afraid... but was it because of her, or because of what happened? He shook his head, taking a deep breath to calm himself. It didn't concern him, it was probably just someone from the town and Grace was being overprotective (rightfully so). 

"Look, we do you expect us to distract them?" Kazo asked Kaitlin. "They don't like us, we'll get all of two seconds before we're sent away, and I'm not causing a ruckus in the town. Unlike literally everyone else here, I'm not cute enough to get out of trouble,"

"It is what I was made for." was the answer Denku received. For some reason... it made his blood boil. He was angry, but... not at the opponent in front of him. No... those words reminded him of something. Of people of his past, of people that hurt his brother... he wanted to say something... but there was the attack that was fired. He couldn't move just yet, so he instead opted to fire a Rock Slide at the blast, hoping to at the very least, weaken it.

"You were made to kill Reshiram... to kill Legendaries?" Denku muttered. "Is that's all you want out of life? To just keep killing until there's nothing left? That's... incredible sad. Just following the orders of somebody, never thinking for yourself why you're doing this? You could be doing so much more!" He stood up to his feet. "Maybe you'll learn to think for yourself after we stop you from killing Reshiram," He muttered that last part to him before getting back up to his feet. He had to stop them now!

"Yes...this is what I wanted."

Tianzi rose up from the broken wall, having revived herself from getting knocked out. Her legs wobbled. Of course she was no match for the legend. She wasn't really fighting to win here. For the most part, she just wanted to see how long she could last. She teleported away from the ruins and went closer towards Solgaleo.

"If I can't take even a hit from you, I wont have any hope in actually contributing in the future struggles."

Tianzi went closer towards Solgaleo, and attempted to use Power Swap on him. Of course it wouldn't work, the gap of power between them was too big, but Tianzi just wanted to be sure about it. With a sigh, she fired up a sucker punch towards Solgaleo immediately afterwards before making some distance away from him.

"I'll surely lose here, but I'll go down fighting I guess. So come, hit me with your best!"

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine had managed to, while frantically, pick himself back up onto a platform through the use of Fiona. Getting back onto it, he took a moment to catch his breath, as the two seemed to have a momentary reprieve from the fight as Kyogre had seen fit to sit atop a pillar of water. Menacingly. As he looked at the being, though it was fueled by nothing but pure rage and had been trying to kill them, Nine couldn't help but marvel at how majestic and awe inspiring a legend truly could be. All the same, he was snapped back to what he needed to do as Fiona seemed to think that it was up to him to figure out how to beat the legend. While he could've asked the same of the accomplice to a godslayer, upon seeing the state of the girl, he decided to keep the comments to himself. Instead, he tried to focus on actually thinking of a way to beat Kyogre. As it stood, in a competition of pure force, there was no way the duo was going to beat Kyogre. Not only that, but there was no way they could possibly manage to hold their own against the goddess of the sea as long as they were on her domain. So, Nine merely said, "well, nothing for sure. But for now, hold on." Placing his hand into the water, he let loose a dark pulse to propel their platform through the water, headed for the opposite end of the beach that the Godslayer and his friends were at. 

As the two were getting to shore, he looked to the girl and said, "we're gonna need to run soon." Were the two to make it to shore, Nine would give Fiona a bit of time to get moving, before firing a dark pulse off at the legend and getting ready to run himself. 

P1JjewJ.png?1

As the two kept running, Marie was struck in the back by a sharp and stinging sensation, that caused her eyes to go wide as she let out a small cry of pain. While it didn't actually hurt as much as it probably could've the suddenness of it had caught the girl off guard and made it feel all the more worse. While Keanu seemed to be worried about her, even handing her a berry, the aqua veil she had put around herself had managed to slowly but surely nurse her wound, and the girl tried to assure him by saying, "i-it's fine." As the duo passed by a larger building, there seemed to be a more scary looking man who seemed to be frustrated about something. While the girl didn't want to actually deal with him, Keanu wondered allowed if it had something to do with Randy. Looking to Keanu, the girl merely sighed saying, "it probably does." As the pikachu seemed to go on the move, the girl followed quickly after him. 

The Genesect had assumed that the Sylveon would be down after their attack. Thus they were entirely caught off guard as they managed to make it through the attack safely. They had clearly underestimate the strength of that one.

The Moonblast, while not naturally effective, had struck Genesect's weak point for critical damage and blasted away a chunk of armor. Revealing an odd, bruise-colored, skin underneath. It had its mission though. Reshiram was right there in its sights and they fired despite their injury. The blast, instead of the Legend, struck a pile of rocks that fell from the sky to block it. Being a water-based attack the rocks were destroyed but it caused the attack not to reach Reshiram.

Reshiram who had just snapped out of confusion. Seeing Genesect weakened he knew it was time to finish this. He began to gather power for one more fire attack.

Genesect realized what was happening. It knew its power was low and that, with all these interferences, it wouldn't be able to continue the fight.

And so it charged forward. Racing towards Reshiram without any direction or preparation. Right before they hit the Legend Reshiram was unleashing his attack...However before it could the Genesect's body glowed and, a moment later, exploded in a powerful energy blast. As the smoke cleared from the attack Reshiram was on his knees, grasping his chest, seemingly holding on by a sliver, and Genesect was gone. Disintegrated in their last ditch effort attack.

Meanwhile, out of the crowd, from opposite ends, Sebastian and Horatio both broke out and headed towards Reshiram.

Isole blinked at Taiga as the girl came up and responded with sudden boisterous energy. She sighed a bit at the other girl's mannerisms but answered her anyway. "They're a Legend...I guess." She told Taiga. "You seem...well fed." She noted, looking at the destruction that Taiga had caused the food that was laid out. As she looked the girl's stomach growled a bit but she tried to ignore it. Instead she continued to answer Taiga's inquiries. "The others...with another Legend. Tianzi uh...wanted to fight him." She shrugged. "Though it didn't sound like they were intending to do much fighting themselves."

---

Solgaleo gaped at Tianzi as the Xatu took the hit and seemed to want more. "You're a creepy one, aren't you?" Solgaleo shouted with a laugh. "Fine then, lets see what you can do."

Though he seemed a brute, a bruiser, without much tact, Solgaleo was a veteran battler. He saw Tianzi's attack for what it was and, as they tried to land a Sucker Punch, Solgaleo instead braced themselves. An energy swelled up around them and their defenses increased. Thus when Solgaleo did attack, Tianzi's Sucker Punch would do even less damage, as his body became wreathed in flames and he charged forward into the attack.

The Godslayer stared at Lok, even as Gwendoline tried to approach him from the side. "It's almost over. Once it is then I will be judged as I must. Until then...I press on." He raised his hand and fired another Dark Pulse at Lok. At the same time Gwen lunged forward, intending to touch the side of his face to inflict a status upon him.

However as she got neat he grabbed her wrist. Twisting her arm he slammed her into the ground and, from close-range, fired a Dark Pulse into her as well.

---

"Seriously, run? That's the plan?" Fiona glowered at Nine. So much for being a leader. They were racing along to the shore, with Kyogre close behind, and the girl was stewing in anger. Even if they did reach the shore they wouldn't get far before Kyogre was in range again. And where would they go from there? They couldn't exactly run to the edge of town where all those people were.

So as soon as the makeshift raft touched the beach, and Nine stepped off, Fiona turned around. Sure enough Kyogre was nearly there, only moments behind, and she seemed just as ready to fight as before.

A dark aura swelled up around the girl as she crouched and faced Kyogre.

I guess I'll just have to pound her into the ground." Fiona said with a growl. Once Kyogre got within a foot of the raft, and the shore, herself Fiona jumped. The force of the move causing the raft to splinter underfoot. She slammed her good arm down upon Kyogre and, surprisingly, seemed to cause the Legend pain. However she was immediately counter-attacked with an Origin Pulse that knocked her backwards and onto the sand of the shore. Though this didn't seem to deter her much as she got up, dark energy practically dripping off of her, and prepared to throw herself at Kyogre again.

Team Mac, Day 26, Weynon

"Look, we do you expect us to distract them?" Kazo asked Kaitlin. "They don't like us, we'll get all of two seconds before we're sent away, and I'm not causing a ruckus in the town. Unlike literally everyone else here, I'm not cute enough to get out of trouble,"

"Well whose fault is that?" Kaitlin said, her attention back to Kazo. "You didn't have to go and try and make friends with them. You should be able to figure out something, I just need a little time to..."

"Shut up." Mac said sharply. Kaitlin looked at her with annoyance and was about to tell her off when she saw that the girl wasn't looking at them.
She was watching the Gardevoir, and Grace. The latter who seemed to have gotten closer to the Gardervoir and had delivered some kind of threat.

The Gardevoir took it well, it seemed, as she laughed. "Well I suppose that is to be expected. With what you're hiding in there. I really wanted to do this the easy way but I suppose I have no choice."

She raised her hands and a barrage of psychic energy crashed upon Grace and momentarily brought her to a knee.

"You're going to regret that!" Grace called out and a green blade formed along their arm.

"Well...I suppose that's distraction enough for me!" Kaitlin called out and vanished into the ground, leaving Mac's bag behind as she did.

Some of the Poison Stings did manage to get through to Marie. However Keanu's double attack seemed to be enough to keep the already slowed down Ariados from pursuing. Especially with militia members being drawn to the combat.

However as they got near the prison the Zoroark would spot them. He looked at them in confusion before what appeared to be reocognition came across his face. "Ah, yes, you're that big guy's friends right? The ones who stood back while my people were attacked. You know he's not here right? I guess even a criminal who isn't one of us 'monsters' get better treatment than us." He crouched down and dragged his tongue across his lips. "Since you didn't help us before that must mean you're an enemy, right?" He said, with an almost gleeful tone.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Sky Palace

"They're a Legend...I guess." 

"A Legend...well seeing as how things have been going since we got here...I'm not really surprised."  Taiga continued to eye the stranger up and down.  "Now what kinda Legend are you supposed to be...the creator of creepiness?  Fufufufufu! Taiga turned back to Isole, who started to mumble again.

"You seem...well fed."

"If they're gonna offer such a generous spread, it'd be rude not to eat it all, am I right?"  Taiga burped, as her stomach returned to a state of normality. 

"The others...with another Legend. Tianzi uh...wanted to fight him.  Though it didn't sound like they were intending to do much fighting themselves."

At the thought of fighting another legend after having just fought Diancie, she smacked her forehead with a palm.  

"Now why are they doin' that?  Are they cruisin' for another bruisin' so suddenly?!  You'd think that they would just wanna rest and eat...LIKE ME!"  Taiga started to growl, when the Legend next to her began to speak, eloquently at that.  

"What singular charm."

Taiga blushed a tad, not knowing whether the statement was a compliment or an insult.  She flashed the legend her teeth before stammering on.  

"W-w-what do ya mean, huh!?  I'm Taiga the Terrible!  Ain't nothin' charming about me!"  

"Well...I suppose that's distraction enough for me!" Kaitlin called out and vanished into the ground, leaving Mac's bag behind as she did. Kazo picked up the bag quickly before handing it to Mac. Last thing they'd want is to have that stolen again.

"Guess we're helping them," It wasn't even a question at this point, more like a fated resignation to the fact he knew he was going to die. He began to dig underground. Best thing he could do was get a sneak attack from behind the Gardevoir. 

Denku watched as he saw the one they were fighting disintegrate in front of him. That was... that was one way to take care of her, he supposed. Convince her to suicide. It left a bad taste in his mouth though... from the way she spoke, she knew no other way of life... it was too bad he started to try to convince her of a different way too late. That was his failure, a reminder that no matter what people said, he wasn't a hero. He couldn't save people, not really.

Then Sebastian and Horatio dashed at Reshiram. Denku didn't know what they wanted, but he didn't fight this hard just to let Reshiram fall now. Standing in front of the legend, Denku took and stance and once again summoned rocks from his Rock Slide.

"You want him? You'll have to get past me!" He called out as he got ready to attack.

jOzNrUn.png

The bug... thing, seemed to be having some trouble. Then it seemed to be having some death. It had blown itself up in an effort to kill Reshiram. She had to admire its conviction, just a little bit. More importantly, Reshiram was barely hanging in there anymore. Now was her chance! She disregarded the Emboar she was going for, turning tail and sprinting out of the flames with only moderate signs that she was in there to begin with. She chalked it up to being resistant to fire, the short time she'd been there, and just a bit of luck.

Even better, Denku seemed occupied holding off Sebastian and Horatio who were coming this way. As fast as her legs could take her, Kah rushed toward the weakened Reshiram. Then, as if she expected everyone to expect her to just punch the thing, she leapt forward once she got near where Denku was standing, charging a beam attack in her hand.

"End of the line!"

And then, just as she passed over Reshiram in her leap through the air, Kah fired, aiming directly at the fabled dragon of truth. I am sorry our first meeting had to go like this, though.

Sky Palace Team Showdown

Scarlet watched as the two gijinka fought on. Obviously Tianzi was outmatched and outgun, especially considering they had just fought Diancie not too long ago, but Scarlet kept watching on intensely. Partially to see how Solgaleo fought to try and pick something up, partially to make sure Tianzi didn't end up as a smear on the wall. 

Things weren't looking good for her friend. She wanted to interfere, but she knew better than most not too - it would be a great dishonor to Tianzi if she did that, and a disrespect towards Solgaleo. Instead she watched on, catching the legned's tactical response to Tianzi's attack.

Northshore Team Karaoke

"It's almost over. Once it is then I will be judged as I must. Until then...I press on." He said, still looking at Lok. Lok grit his teeth, becoming more infuriated towards the Godslayer. Before Lok could reply, however, he saw the Godslayer raise his hand. Knowing what was coming, he quickly possessed one of the stones below him.

As he emerged and got ready to tell him off, he saw Gwen getting slammed by another wave of dark energy. "GWEN!" Lok shouted, running towards her. He stopped, turning to the Godslayer. "If your plan goes through there won't be anyone to judge you, you MORON!" He shouted, clenching his fist and momentarily forgetting who he was talking to. Was everyone outside of Alpha this dense? Maybe he should of just stayed back home.

8GrkkS0.png

"Shut up." Mac said sharply, interrupting the small spat that Kazo and Kaitlin had gotten into.

Ari barely paid attention to her words, his eyes glued on the green duo. One of whom was Grace, the other...that really pretty lady. But it didn't look like they got along. Grace had delivered a threat to the pretty lady, who seemed to take it well, laughing. "Well I suppose that is to be expected. With what you're hiding in there. I really wanted to do this the easy way but I suppose I have no choice." She raised her hands and attacked Grace, who then looked like she was going to attack back, a long blade growing from her arm as she shouted.

Kaitlin seemed to take this as her cue to vanish, but...Ari didn't know what to do. Why were they attacking? There was already enough bad stuff going on, they didn't need to contribute to this.

"Guess we're helping them," Kazo said, resigned, and burrowed underground.

"Why?" Ari asked the empty spot where the dragon once stood. Why did they have to fight? Why did those two have to fight? He was really, really getting sick of this. All of this fighting. Maybe he wanted to just not fight for once. It wasn't that long ago that he was super excited to fight, to be a great Chaser, but now, fighting just felt like a chore. A chore that led to death and people being gone and turning into grass and...and he didn't want Kazo to turn into grass either.

So he concentrated. He Worked himself Up, however halfheartedly, because he had to. Because Kazo chose to fight, so he would too.

--

qZU0awZ.png

As Easter stared at the mini supernova happening in front of him, a stray thought brushed across his mind. It was my birthday not too long ago, wasn't it? His birthday fell on a holy day, a day whose date changed every year, whimsical and wandering, just like him. Fitting, he supposed. He hadn't celebrated it. When was the last time he celebrated his birthday? It had been before he left, before he learned how truly pathetic those beings he had called parents were.

Small minds for a small town, he thought bitterly, and shook his head to clear his thoughts. Reshiram was slumping there, grasping at his chest, and Sebastian and...somebody else, was heading for him. Probably there to make sure he's all right, the fairy type thought, though Denku seemed less sure.

"You want him? You'll have to get past me!" the rock type called out as he got ready to attack.

However, Kah seemed to have no problem doing just that, leaping into the air and shooting down a beam attack.

Ah...my target is going for my other target. I wonder... If he played his cards right, he could rid the world of two pompous dragon types. Except...his mouth tasted bitter at the thought of requiring a Hydreigon's help to slay a dragon. Rushing toward the duo, a grin tore across his face. "Oh...prey stealing now, are you?" he purred, charging a Moonblast right toward the dark dragon. "You forgot..." the grin melted into a snarl, "Who's the prey and who's the predator." And with that, he released the blast. Whether she avoided it or not was not his concern, as he landed in front of Reshiram soon after.

"Are you still alive?" he asked the white dragon. "You can't die yet. At least not to these chumps," his tone soured in distaste. "After all, I still have yet to beat you myself."

--

StUyAql.png

It seemed that the two would not be lucky enough to sneak past the Zoroark. More's the pity. "Ah, yes, you're that big guy's friends right? The ones who stood back while my people were attacked. You know he's not here right? I guess even a criminal who isn't one of us 'monsters' get better treatment than us." He crouched down and dragged his tongue across his lips. "Since you didn't help us before that must mean you're an enemy, right?" He said, with an almost gleeful tone.

Keanu rolled his eyes. "Look, whoever ya are, whoever yer with, we have no beef with ya," he snapped, slipping into his Alolan accent a bit. "I don't really care about whatever's goin' on between you and the other group," he shrugged, "Just wanna help my friend." Honestly, none of this was any of their business, and it was just their bad luck that Randy decided to get mixed up in this mess in the first place. The sooner they found Randy the sooner they could leave.

"Marie," he muttered in a low, barely audible voice to the side. "If the moke here decides to attack, run for that building. You know the one, where Randy's being held," he glanced at the headquarters sitting not too far from the prison. The place that they had originally been going to. Technically, he was the faster of the two, and thus more likely to reach Randy, but he also had to consider the fact that Marie probably wouldn't be able to hold out for very long against him, mitigating the advantage. Not to mention the fact that she was a keiki, and he would feel like junk if he left her behind to face an evolved gijinka.

He didn't say anything more, not wanting to alert the dark type to what he was planning. He was sure, however, that Marie understood enough to read between the lines in his words. She was a smart keiki. If she found Randy, and got him out, then he would not only be a big help in fending off these gijinka, but they could also leave. And never look back. Though the tiger would probably want to involve himself in some way. For a supposed heel, he sure acted like a real face sometimes. Aaand that was the extent of his wrestling knowledge, right there.

--

ETbkiW0.png

Lunala listened to the conversation with some amusement. She had met many gijinka in her long life, but she had forgotten just how...colorful their personalities could be. Nearly as much as Solgaleo, and that was saying something.

After her comment, the Sharpedo blushed a tad, flashing the legend her teeth before stammering on. "W-w-what do ya mean, huh!?  I'm Taiga the Terrible!  Ain't nothin' charming about me!"

"Oh?" the ghost type sounded neither skeptical nor insulted, her misty voice laced with humor. "You are an interesting mixture of pride and humility," she mused, before continuing. "I think that is very charming," she smiled, pink eyes glowing softly. She seemed to feel no embarrassment at her words.

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine managed to get away from the shoreline, his attention was forced back as Fiona seemed to be getting really into the fight, an aura of darkness appearing over her. As the girl dove back in towards the legend, the two started to exchange blows between each other, and Nine figured that trying to run back further up the shore wasn't going to be quite a possibility. So, instead, he decided to run down the shoreline, opposite of the way the rest of the group was. Charging a dark pulse in his hand, Nine fired it towards the legend's legs, trying to get their attention as he shouted, "she's not the only one you have to worry about!" 

He had certainly gotten the legend's attention, causing it to charge at him and through his dark pulse, undettered by the attack. Thinking that the legend was going to slam into him, the chaser quickly moved to the side, and readied himself to counter if the legend had ended up catching up with him. However, he had managed to avoid the attack entirely only for the legend to turn towards him and glare at him with such intensity that he felt his body start to go more sluggish. Face to face with the legend, Nine couldn't back away with it fast enough and so he instead went to attack them head on. Charging a dark pulse, the boy fainted forward as if to fire it only to switch into kicking the legend's legs with his foul play. At the same time, Fiona had followed up with an attack of her own, and with both attacks smashing into the legend at the same time, they managed to force Kyogre to the ground. 

The legend let loose a growl before looking up at Nine, charging a pulse of water in its mouth and seeming ready to fire it at him. Knowing that he couldn't actually evade as he was, the boy merely tried to get some distance backward and fire a dark pulse to meet the attack. As the two attacks were fired, they met and Nine was pushed back and down onto the ground from the resulting force from the two attacks colliding. Trying to pick himself up, he noticed that Fiona had leaped onto the body of Kyogre, getting ready to attack. However, before she could let loose another attack, a familiar chill seemed to appear around the water legend. Nine  wasn't quite sure what it was, but he remembered that Lok had felt it more safe to jump into the sea then continue clinging onto the legend earlier, and felt it was something far more dangerous than any other attack Kyogre had done. 

Trying to pick himself up, Nine shouted, "Fiona, get off!" As the girl didn't seem to listen, Nine figured he was too slow to actually close the distance between the two and force her off and so he instead went with the only other option he had. Raising up his hand, he fired a dark pulse at the girl, knocking her off the legend, though it seemed she was in a much rougher state now. Walking towards the legend, Nine raised up his hand to fire a dark pulse at them, only for Kyogre to fire off another pulse of water to intercept it. As Kyogre got back onto its feet, Nine fired yet another dark pulse at them, though before the attacked managed to connect the legend rose on a pillar of water up into the air. 

P1JjewJ.png?1

As the strange gijinka seemed to recognize the group Marie started to shrink further behind the girl, both due to still being out of it and the scariness of the man before her. However, as Keanu spoke up, and went to give Marie directions as to what to do in case of combat, the girl snapped back to reality. As she did, she looked to the gijinka before her, and with a more annoyed expression on her face she seemed to start getting worked up. "Yeah! We don't want to hurt any of you, so there's no reason for you to be so rude to people you just met." As she seemed to be pouting towards him, the girl knew that if things came to blow, she'd end up following Keanu's advice and make a full break for the building Randy was in. 

The Hydreigon had launched herself into the maw of Susanoo. Brooke pressed all of the pain and weariness she was feeling to the back of her mind, focusing on one thing; victory. If the dragon was stupid enough to jump headfirst into the gates of hell, Brooke would slam them closed behind her. She would cook them both alive so long as it meant that Kah would no longer pose a threat to her children.

Brooke pulled strength from reserves she didn’t even know that she had, further increasing the temperature. Anyone who looked in the direction of the Susanoo from within ten feet would instantly feel the moisture on their eyes dry out, and be forced to look away.

BURN IT ALL! Her instincts roared for her to let loose her iron-tight grip on the Susanoo’s restraints, but she, even in her state, didn’t allow the fire to rampage out of control. It was getting hard to sustain the Avatar as it was, but all she had to do was maintain it and allow Kah to do herself in by entering the belly of the beast, where the fire was at its hottest.

The plan probably would have worked, too, had it not been for the explosion that rocked the street. Brooke’s concentration broke, and the force of it caused her to stumble for but one second. That was all it took for the Avatar of Flames to wink out of existence, snuffed out like a candle in the wind.

Brooke stood in the scorched remnants of the street where Susanoo had once towered. Smoke billowed off of her charred skin, her left arm severely burnt all the way up to the elbow, and the heat-treated vest and pants she wore had somehow been heavily damaged by the fire.

She shouldn’t have been standing, honestly, but stand she did. Shoulders hunched, breathing labored, but on her feet all the same.

Kah saw the opening to attack a weakened Reshiram and began to move. Easter was charging up an attack of his own to intercept her, bathing the area in a bright pink light as he did. Sebastian and another were already on the way toward Reshiram.

Brooke picked up a more put together piece of wall from one of the buildings that had been blown apart in the conflict. It was heavy, larger than her own short but stout form, and she had no Fighting energy left to boost her own strength. Still, she lifted it, and threw it toward Kah with all of her remaining strength.

The action caused her to stumble and almost fall, and she caught herself at the last moment. The huge chunk of wall flew through the air, over Kah’s head, and to the untrained eye it would seem Brooke had missed.

She hadn’t. The wall came down just a few feet in front of Kah, breaking the pavement and staking itself into the ground in between Reshiram and the Hydreigon. A makeshift barrier that Kah had no choice but to try to go directly through if she wished to hurt the legend.

There was no doubt that she could break the wall. Anyone involved in the battle, save the children, could have. It would slow her down for a moment though, and Brooke prayed to Arceus that it would be enough. She’d used everything she had. She was tapped out.

She slumped back against the wall, propping herself up on her good arm, and struggled to keep her breathing steady. The fight was up to Easter now. She had once again been forced to leave the safety of everyone else in his hands, again.

Archived