[Archetype] Significant Gemini Support - City Before the Deep Sleep

The Nyx Avatar

So here's a card that's now public on Duel Portal, and has been for a few months now. When I originally posted this one (prior to being on Duel Portal), no one said anything about it or posted to it. Cnc accepted

5fQUXNZ.jpg

LORE:You cannot Xyz Summon. During your Main Phase, you can pay 500 Life Points; Normal Summon 1 Gemini monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Gemini monster from your Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, all Gemini monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF. When this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Gemini monster from your Deck.

Dark Grepher Discards Ill Blud to Special Summon itself

Discard a Zombie, or whatever, and mill 2nd Ill Blud

Play This card

Revive 1st Ill -> Pay 500 to give it it's effect

1st Ill Blud revives 2nd Ill Blud

2nd Ill Blud revives the Discarded Zombie(Assuming you Discarded it)

Make a Rank 6 and a Rank 4(if Blud revives something)

???????????????

Dark Grepher Discards Ill Blud to Special Summon itself

Discard a Zombie, or whatever, and mill 2nd Ill Blud

Play This card

Revive 1st Ill -> Pay 500 to give it it's effect

1st Ill Blud revives 2nd Ill Blud

2nd Ill Blud revives the Discarded Zombie(Assuming you Discarded it)

Make a Rank 6 and a Rank 4(if Blud revives something)

???????????????

How could I miss that? Added "You cannot Xyz Summon" to the effect.

That won't do, in my opinion. Card is simply too strong. Think about it: it's an OPT Reborn for Geminis that gets Field Spell support (searchable by Terraforming, etc.). That alone is enough to make it overwhelming. Then the rest of the effects are extra bonuses that take the card to the next level.

That won't do, in my opinion. Card is simply too strong. Think about it: it's an OPT Reborn for Geminis that gets Field Spell support (searchable by Terraforming, etc.). That alone is enough to make it overwhelming. Then the rest of the effects are extra bonuses that take the card to the next level.

The rebirth effect is pretty strong. I suggest that it is tested on DP anyway and request feedback. Although some effects are too strong for a single card themselves, there are card combinations on that allow users to search their deck for most anything related to the archetype "Ethereals turn 3 or later" *cough cough*

Maybe save the Gemini Reborn effect for a Continuous Spell.

Archived