Everything wrong with this Forum

Simping For Hina

Edit: This isn't anything more than a rant. Don't read too hard into it, I'm not trying to preach stuff or remake everyone's minds.

This will get locked/removed one way or the other because there's no freedom of speech here, as once proved by Rodrigo's huge post being removed, but that was Crab Helmet days, so let's hope we're in a better world right now.

Everyone and everyone being "untouchable". If someone's new on the forum, you can blatantly trashtalk and flame them, and no one will blink an eye. If it comes to established people, everything's perfect and ideal and you can't say anything. Like seriously, what the f***? f***ing tumblr mentality. Yeah, you posted a cute, but shitty deck. Good for you. Now take on the criticism (and yes, "redo the deck" is valid criticism) and grow up a little.

Fad after fad after fad after fad. People legit take enjoyment from this? From doing a random thing everyone else on the forum did to be "cool" because you're like others? Name fads, status fad, misc fads, you name it. If you need such a "fake" sense of belonging to a group, you should rethink some things and maybe try making actual friends. Trust me, it's better.

Misc. Like really, why does this section even exist. It dropped the average IQ of everyone on this forum at least by 10 points because while someone was a retard before, they were forced to act like not because rules disallowed to. Now people are allowed to act like retards and it's f***ing s*** and it's leaking to other sections and status bar.

"Roleplayers". And no, I don't mean actual roleplayers, those people are cool. I mean people who act like they're in the f***ing anime. It's fine if you're playing a full Shun Raidraptor deck, or random E-Heroes, whatever you want. All good. But don't act like you're in the anime, trashing and shitting over everything that's tier 1 in this game, calling decks skilless etc.

People not realizing that this game is f***ing about winning in the most optimal way possible. "Lock your opponent down" IS the most optimal way possible quite a lot of the times. Boring? Yes. Are you allowed to dislike the fact? Yes. But just because the game took that direction, doesn't mean it's "broken" or "degenerate".

This game isn't constantly being powercrept and Konami isn't literally Hitler regarding this game. Some choices they do (and cards they print) are dumb, but the entire "YGO is f***ing horrible" circlejerk is literally disgusting. You're on a YGO forum. If you wanna trash the game, go somewhere else. Especially if you get all defensive when someone insults your fad or favorite anime.

People with too much time on their hands. Go out. Read a book. Take up a hobby. Stop f***ing spending your entire day on the net, and most of that time, on YCM. If your entire life revolves around the status bar and misc, something is VERY VERY VERY wrong with you and you should probably look back and straighten some paths. Especially if your utter boredom leads you to coming up with lies to make your internet persona more interesting.

Justice warriors everywhere. Everthing's cute and fluffy and everyone is perfect and "you should just let people do what they want to do". Sure, some things aren't forbidden by the rules, but the amount of s*** some people pull out is just ridiculous at times, and nah, I should sit back and shut up because "people are just having fun". And before anything, I got a huge dose of warns in my life so all I'm doing is getting properly punished and I'm fully aware of those punishments being justified.

Mods. I'm gonna say it. Half of people on this site shouldn't be mods because they're not fit for the sections or just do plain shitty job at that, but I think this has been told more than needed.

There are a metric f***ton of cool people on this forum. Black, Rodrigo, Koko, Dog King, Komaeda, Taco, mido, Night, Rai, CowCow, the list goes on. But then there's a huge, huge, huge pit of nothing but memes, fads, spam and circlejerks. If I want all of that, I'll go to reddit.

Is it me being salty? Yes.

Is it me being f***ing obnoxious? Yes.

Is it me being an a****** like usual? Yes.

I'm not hiding that. I know that aside from being a decent YGO player, I'm a huge, impulsive, annoying, obnoxious a******. And I don't hide that.

Maybe people should just stop hiding their flaws as well. The world, and this forum, would be a better place if so.

Well yes, most people come here just for cardmaker because it is better some others. Even I wasnt gonna bother socializing, but being alone is shitty. Events are really the funniest things here. Why dont you just host a monthly Dueling Network tournament where 50 or less members that pay a slightly large fee to enter and duel throughout the week and the next? Idk just an idea. People that place will be given great rewards that encourage people to come here and such.

The idiocracy rate is also a thing, but I guess you are right I suppose.

idiocy* Case in point Darkness sama

tl;dr ycm sucks and we don't give a s***

Well yes, most people come here just for cardmaker because it is better some others. Even I wasnt gonna bother socializing, but being alone is shitty. Events are really the funniest things here. Why dont you just host a monthly Dueling Network tournament where 50 or less members that pay a slightly large fee to enter and duel throughout the week and the next? Idk just an idea. People that place will be given great rewards that encourage people to come here and such.

tl;dr ycm sucks and we don't give a sheet

Pretty much this.

I don't care that YCM kinda sucks. If I did, I wouldn't bother even stopping in anymore.

Sure, I tend to come and go, but that's more related to IRL stuff then YCM stuff.

YCM is by no means perfect, but the company is good enough that I find myself at least stopping in.

Because sufficient inability would render a person unable to reproduce regardless of context, this is redundant. I meant the reversal of the Flynn effect..

I'm talking social Darwinism. Those with gene's to create infertility and those with other undesirable qualities will eventually be erased either by social pressure or natural selection. Let them reproduce, those with sufficient inability won't last the endgame

Archived