Cold Wave should be at 1 with a Duster ban, but this card literally trades your draw for your opponents. Neither player is any better off than before they played it

now that you mention it i remembered card like drop off/drastic drop off exist...which is basically the same than this...if seal is loopable so does these 2

so yeah, i think its reasonable for this to be fully freed

now that you mention it i remembered card like drop off/drastic drop off exist...which is basically the same than this...if seal is loopable so does these 2

so yeah, i think its reasonable for this to be fully freed

Drastic Dropoff however allows grave interactions with that card, so that logic is not flawless enough to justify time seal on its own, nevertheless I have to admit I am not going to position myself.

How is Seal a bad draw in decks like Igknights, Magicians, Nektoz and Majespecter which can search a lot anyway? Even if they have nothing better to do, their ED is set for some Pendulum Summoning (well, Nekroz have their own ways).

I'd like to see Cold Wave being @1 though. No S/T overplays, no Pendulums for 1 turn~

But w8... Burggestoma dead? Nektoz dead? Monarchs dead? BA happy as hell (I think). Nah, not leaving the banlist yet.

(If you really want to prove your point, try testing Seal with some duels and see how it goes)

How is Seal a bad draw in decks like Igknights, Magicians, Nektoz and Majespecter which can search a lot anyway? Even if they have nothing better to do, their ED is set for some Pendulum Summoning (well, Nekroz have their own ways).

Yeah, but these decks couldve also just drawn one of their own cards and gotten better plays or such so it's really not so different from skipping your own draw phase. Also, the draw phase skip isnt even instant and your opponent has 1 card over you on their next turn.

I don't doubt they'd prefer to draw into better cards to use. However, compared to other, non-Tier decks, they don't really care for 1 card loss.

Not sure if this proves anything...

Even Yata is weaker than this card, unless you use a formula that can loop its effect and win you the duel.

This can come back fine, there's nothing really bad about this card warranting a ban anymore.

Cold wave I'd be willing to experiment with, mainly if it only prevented activation. There's not a ton of ways to OTK right now, the game's more about attaining board control. Preventing yourself from using Spells/Traps also hinders most decks, too. I say only activation, since I feel not being able to set for the opponent is a bit much. At least let them prepare a counterattack for next turn.

This can come back fine, there's nothing really bad about this card warranting a ban anymore.

Cold wave I'd be willing to experiment with, mainly if it only prevented activation. There's not a ton of ways to OTK right now, the game's more about attaining board control. Preventing yourself from using Spells/Traps also hinders most decks, too. I say only activation, since I feel not being able to set for the opponent is a bit much. At least let them prepare a counterattack for next turn.

TCG could and should have cold wave. Esp with Nuke Roach gone

OCG should swap Duster for Wave since Wave is worse than duster 9/10 and Nuke Roach + Wave=Duster basically 

Just checked YGOpro to make sure of this (but I could still be wrong), but it doesn't even skip your opponent's very next Draw Phase after you get this card. You have to let them get a Draw Phase after you Set this, then you can skip their next one.

Literally worse than Drop Off (bar certain floaty Decks).

Just checked YGOpro to make sure of this (but I could still be wrong), but it doesn't even skip your opponent's very next Draw Phase after you get this card. You have to let them get a Draw Phase after you Set this, then you can skip their next one.

Literally worse than Drop Off (bar certain floaty Decks).

There was a cute loop in Goat where you could use Tsuk, Mask of Darkness and two of these to stop your opponent from ever drawing

I think we're past that, but apparently Konami doesn't

There was a cute loop in Goat where you could use Tsuk, Mask of Darkness and two of these to stop your opponent from ever drawing

I think we're past that, but apparently Konami doesn't

I'm aware. IIRC some Obelisk Blue chick in Tagforce 1 uses that loop, but bad AI means it never happens and so she was more of a threat for her other hand-hate cards.

Archived