Pot of Greed

EndUser

131483.jpg

Normal Spell Card

Draw 2 cards from your Deck.

Let's see... Monarchs have their drawers and searchers, Nerkoz the same, monst Pendulums Archetypes the same, Lightsworn/Galaxy/Fluffal/Yang Zing/Shaddoll/Blackwing/Harpies and the list goes on. Few are the Decks which need to ulitize generic cards, or can't even afford them.

The first-mentioned decks don't want to replace any of their cards with PoG, since they already have the power to do this and better stuff. What about the rest? A good boost wouldn't hurt when they can barely be Tier 2 or 3.

Discuss.

Also under the black clause we can't make these topics anymore

What do you mean?

@Sam: Qliphorts maybe (Limited Scout), Monarchs maybe (I've seen cases where there can be dead draws),... not many come to mind.

I'd rather run something that would benefit me or damage the opponent even more.

What do you mean?

@Sam: Qliphorts maybe (Limited Scout), Monarchs maybe (I've seen cases where there can be dead draws),... not many come to mind.

I'd rather run something that would benefit me or damage the opponent even more.

I mean, outside of Graceful Charity, there has not been made a draw card that is stronger and more generic than this to this day. If monarchs were only allowed 40 cards, they would happily cut a Pandiety for this bugger

What I mean about Reborn or will is that the top meta decks are consistent with their own cards and have no need for such Reborn or Will, thus those two will help blur the lines between tier 1 and 2. PoG and cards like it will just scales the power factor up because the tier 1 decks can get to it faster than tier 2 decks

Wait, this is a serious thread? Of course this is still as good as it is lol, if cards are getting more powerful why would you not want a card that gives you 2 of these more powerful cards with 0 drawback? There'll always be room for something to cut in a deck considering people are still playing Upstart in a lot of decks.

Um, I meant "what do you mean with Black not allowing these topics".

Also, Reborn is 50/50, because it grants the easiest and simpest access to both Graveyards. Something Like Pog, for example, even you use it in some strong, modern decks.

Wait, this is a serious thread? Of course this is still as good as it is lol, if cards are getting more powerful why would you not want a card that gives you 2 of these more powerful cards with 0 drawback? There'll always be room for something to cut in a deck considering people are still playing Upstart in a lot of decks.

Ahem... Look below the "Sign Out" button.

Even if you don't want to cut out any cards, this card is still worth running as a 41st card, because it is still more deckthin that not running it at all. The only situation that this can come off the banlist and not be a card that you absolutely have to run, is a game where free negation like Naturia Beast is really common, with most playable cards having to have protection effects like Super Poly does. However, the game is (thankfully) not at this point, and there is no guarantee that it ever will be.

phew

I mean seriously, did someone EVER think that this card would be worth discussing for leaving the banlist?

Even if you don't want to cut out any cards, this card is still worth running as a 41st card, because it is still more deckthin that not running it at all. The only situation that this can come off the banlist and not be a card that you absolutely have to run, is a game where free negation like Naturia Beast is really common, with most playable cards having to have protection effects like Super Poly does. However, the game is (thankfully) not at this point, and there is no guarantee that it ever will be.

Good point. I don't have a positive/negative point, though.

@Winter: The topic can be locked then. Fine with me.

(intentional joke, after all)

Do you know of Upstart Goblin?

Pot of Greed does the same +1 card +without any pluses for the opponent.

Do you know of Cup of Ace?

Pot of Greed does the same without the risk.

Do you know of Trade-In/Cards of Consonance/Allure of Darkness/Pot of Dichotomy/Pot of Avarice and so many other cards?

Pot of Greed does the same with no cost or necessary setup.

Can you imagine a Nekroz/Shaddoll/Lightsworn/Cyber Dragon/E-Hero/Qliphort/Tellarknight/etc etc decks drawing 2 cards for free, compared to other Tier 3 or lower decks which have barely (if at all) any chance of winning against them anyway? Even if the top decks were only against each other, there would be a total mess.

Exodia. Does it ring a bell?

Do you want me to continue?

I've always been told that Pot of Greed lets the user draw two cards.

I wonder if that's actually true, does anyone mind explaining it?

Instead of moving your hand onto your deck, grabbing a card and taking it off the deck, you do the exact same thing but you should be holding 2 cards instead of 1 before getting your hand off the deck.

It can be used in any deck so it should be at 3

A bad memory, but good point.

Archived