Pokémon Cards on Yu-gi-oh!'s style. For the Casuals.

TheUFighter

This is a update of an old post of mine...

I love both Yu-gi-oh! and Pokémon (I'm still a n00b on competitive play, though), so I did an search about Yu-gi-oh! styled Pokémon cards. Most cards I found here were Fusions, Synchros or something of the sort. So I thought the it would be nice if someone made a set with some Old Styled ones.

Here are the cards:

Trainer's Set:

2v8mzx0.jpg

NAME: Pokemon Trainer

LEVEL: 3

ATK: 100/DEF: 100

Warrior/Effect: If this card is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned or Special Summoned, Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Pokemon" monster from your hand or Deck. While there's a "Pokemon" monster (Except "Pokemon Trainer" or "Pokemon Snagger") in the same side of field as this card, your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target.

2j0duer.jpg

NAME: Pokemon #156

LEVEL: 4

ATK: 1600/DEF: 1000

Pyro/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Pokemon Trainer". If this cards attacks or is attacked by an Plant-Type monster, it gains 400ATK until the end of the damage step. If this card attacks or is attacked by an WATER monster, it loses 600ATK until the end of the damage step.

2cztvux.jpg

NAME: Whoa! It's Evolving!

SPELL TYPE: Quick-Play Spell

Spell Effect: Activate only if you have "Pokemon Trainer" and "Pokemon #156" face-up on your side of field. Tribute 1 "Pokemon #156" to Special Summon 1 "Pokemon #157" from your hand or Deck.

2nb7mrq.jpg

NAME: Pokemon #157

LEVEL: 7

ATK: 2400/DEF: 2600

Pyro/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Whoa! It's Evolving!". If this card attacks an Defense Position monster, infict piercing damage to your opponent. Once per turn, if you declares an attack with this card, you can double it's ATK until your End Phase. If this effect was activated, you cannot declare an attack with this card until your next End Phase.

15mmljd.jpg

NAME: Pokemon #185

ATK: 1000/DEF: 1800

Rock/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Pokemon Trainer". Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed as a result of battle, it's not destroyed (damage calculation is applied normally).

2ps0ztv.jpg

NAME: Pokemon #226

ATK: 1300/DEF: 200

Fish/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Pokemon Trainer". If this card destroys an opponent's monster, toss a coin and call it. If you call it right, this card cannot be destroyed by battle and you take no battle damage from battles involving this card until your next turn.

2uh5s1f.jpg

NAME: Poke-Ball

SPELL TYPE: Normal Spell

Spell Effect: Activate only if you have "Pokemon Trainer" face-up on your side of field. Toss a coin and call it. If you call it right, Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Pokemon" monster from your hand or Deck, ignoring any Summon conditions.

1si7v6.jpg

NAME: Ultimate Poke-Ball

Spell Effect: Activate only if you have "Pokemon Trainer" face-up your side of field and you have 2 or more cards on your hand. Discard your entire hand. Special Summon 1 "Legendary Pokemon" monster from your Deck. The activation of this card cannot be negated.

14l1ld.jpg

NAME: Legendary Pokemon #243

LEVEL: 8

ATK: 2600/DEF: 2400

Thunder/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Ultimate Poke-Ball". If this card is Summoned sucefully, no Trap Cards can be activated. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 1 card to destroy all Spell and Trap card your opponent controls.

2iwal3l.jpg

NAME: Pokemon Virus

SPELL TYPE: Continuous Spell

Spell Effect: While this card is face-up on the field, all face-up "Pokemon" monsters on the field (Except "Pokemon Trainer" or "Pokemon Snagger") gain 700 ATK and DEF. When this card is removed from the field, the ATK and DEF of all face yp "Pokemon" monsters on the field (Except "Pokemon Trainer" or "Pokemon Snagger") becomes 0(Zero) until your next turn.

zwdo0.jpg

NAME: Max Revive

Spell Effect: Activate only if you have 1 "Pokemon Trainer" or "Pokemon Snagger" face-up on your side of field and no other monsters on it. Special Summon 1 "Pokemon" monster (Except "Pokemon Trainer" or "Pokemon Snagger") from your Graveyard, ignoring any Summon conditions.

Snagger's Set:

5bdyxd.jpg

NAME: Pokemon Snagger

ATK: 500/DEF: 500

Warrior/Effect: If this card is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned or Special Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Pokemon #133" from your hand or Deck. While there's a "Pokemon" monster (Except "Pokemon Trainer" or "Pokemon Snagger") in the same side of field as this card, your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target.

2ebh0s2.jpg

NAME: Pokemon #133

ATK: 1500/DEF: 200

Beast/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Pokemon Snagger". Once per turn: If your opponent declares an attack, toss a coin 2 times, and negate that attack if at least 1 of the results are heads.

1zpimmg.jpg

NAME: Pokemon Stones

Spell Effect: Activate only if you have "Pokemon Snagger" and "Pokemon #133" face-up on your side of field. Tribute 1 "Pokemon #133". Select and activate 1 of the following effects:

-Special Summon 1 "Pokemon #134" from your hand or Deck.

-Special Summon 1 "Pokemon #135" from your hand or Deck.

-Special Summon 1 "Pokemon #136" from your hand or Deck.

2r7vszc.jpg

NAME: Pokemon #134

LEVEL: 5

ATK: 2000/DEF: 2200

Aqua/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Pokemon Stones". If this card destroys an opponent's monster, select 1 of your opponent's face-up monsters, and change it's battle position.

1shyfk.jpg

NAME: Pokemon #135

ATK: 2100/DEF: 2000

Thunder/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Pokemon Stones". If this card is attacked by an Thunder-Type monster, this card gains half of the attacking monster's ATK until the End Phase.

dtzpe.jpg

NAME: Pokemon #136

ATK: 2300/DEF: 1800

Pyro/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Pokemon Stones". If this card is Summoned sucefully, you can select 1 monster your opponent controls, that monster cannot attack or change it's battle position while this card is face-up on the field.

2njhnpf.jpg

NAME: Snag-Ball

SPELL TYPE: Equip Spell

Spell Effect: Activate only if you have "Pokemon Snagger" face-up on your side of field. Toss a coin and call it. If you call it right, Special Summon 1 Level 5 "Shadow Pokemon" monster from your hand or Deck in face-up Attack Position and equip it to this card. If this card is removed from the field, return the equipped monster to your Deck. If the equipped monster is removed from the field, destroy this card.

1gjbiu.jpg

NAME: Shadow Pokemon #216

ATK: 1700/DEF: 1300

Beast/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Snag-Ball". If this cards attacks or is attacked by a monster, this card gains 600ATK until the end of the damage step. If this card attacks it loses 200ATK after the damage step.

2s7whh4.jpg

NAME: Shadow Pokemon #282

ATK: 1400/DEF: 2300

Psychic/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Snag-Ball". Once per turn, select 1 card on the field, and remove all Counters of it.

2py73v9.jpg

NAME: Ultimate Snag-Ball

Spell Effect: Activate only if you have "Pokemon Snagger" face-up your side of field and you have 2 or more cards on your hand. Discard your entire hand. Special Summon 1 "eXtra Darkness 001" from your Deck. The activation of this card cannot be negated.

1z2gn5e.jpg

NAME: eXtra Darkness 001

LEVEL: 9

ATK: 2800/DEF: 2300

Dragon/Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Ultimate Snag-Ball". If this card is Summoned sucefully, no Trap Cards can be activated. This card's name can also be treated as "Shadow Pokemon #249". While this card is face-up on the field, all monsters on the field (Except "Shadow Pokemon") loses 400ATK. Once per turn, on your Main Phase, you can select an Spell/Trap card on the field, and destroy it.

Special Card:

102v5v6.jpg

NAME: Tall Grass

SPELL TYPE: Field Spell

Spell Effect: While this card is face-up on the field, Level 4 or lower "Pokemon" monsters can be Normal Summoned. Once per turn: if your opponent declares an attack, toss a coin and call it. If you call it right, negate that attack and Special Summon 1 "Legendary Pokemon #243" from your hand or Deck, ignoring any Summon conditions. During your Standby Phase, return the "Legendary Pokemon #243" that was Summoned by this effect to your Deck.

You're not the only one who has combined Yugioh and Pokemon together into cards.

I've made a few of them (although they exist in the Advanced section right now), and one or two other members did stuff as well.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/321357-sakura-pok%C3%A9mon-card-set-2121/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/323021-sakura-pok%C3%A9mon-card-set-2-2929/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/327474-sakura-pok%C3%A9mon-card-set-3-2424/

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/335557-scyther-the-razors-edge/

(Although bear in mind ours combine their skills with competitive merit against existing cards; that's why they exist in Advanced.)

Ironically, the Leaderboard theme this time incorporates the two; I made Striker do it for the Summer Postseason.

----

Anyway...

There's only one Pokemon in this set at present, so not much source material to work off of.

But yeah, Quilava's pretty much constrained via its Nomi clause, so that cuts into its usability.

Flavor-wise, it fits into how type advantages work and all, but given how the game is now, it's effectively dead weight.

I would suggest removing the Nomi clause; it breaks the flavor, yes, but having it rely on a Level 1 for its summon isn't great.

Trainer's effect also works, but that doesn't always translate well into gameplay, especially with certain threats running around that can run over Quilava.

----

Right now, the flavor is good but playability, not so much.

A suggestion would be to base the cards off of the Pokemon's in-game abilities and movesets; you can use the given links as a sort of reference.

1: The pokemon on your card is Quilava. Maybe you should indicate that somewhere.

2: Quilava evolves from Cyndaquil. Try using that somehow.

For example: The Pokemon TCG won't let you use Quilava unless you already have a Cyndaquil out.

When I wanna convert cards from one game to another, I look up the rules for both games to find similarities and differences.

If you wanna use the Pokemon Trainers, try using their names and thinking about each trainer benefits their pokemon.

Also, add the gym leaders by name and think about how they could benefit pokemon.

Brock only uses Rock pokemon so maybe he could increase the DEF of Rock-Type monsters by 500.

Misty uses water pokemon so maybe she can increase the ATK of WATER monsters by 500.

Ash treats his pokemon like friends so they never turn against him so maybe he can negate effects that would take your monsters away such as Change of Heart or Snatch Steal.

I'm glad to know that there are some people out there who likes both franchises (how dumb I am for not noticing it earlier.  xP).

I'm sorry if there's only 2 cards on this set. I posted em by accident when I clicked on the "Post" button instead of the "Preview" button and my connection died right after so I couldn't post for some days.

This set have more cards. I'll goin' to edit my post and include em later.

So...how do you expect to get Raikou on the field, outside of Ultimate Poke Ball and Max Revive?

Given its conditions, you literally cannot summon it.

I would loosen up its summon conditions, because given its effect, it's essentially Lightning Vortex with an attack lock.

As a sidenote, Vortex isn't that great now, especially with Raigeki unbanned + doing even more.

Hmmm... Maybe I should add an "Raigeki" effect on Raikou, but I won't loosen it's Summon conditions because this set was made to work on it's own, so, if you have an "Pokemon Trainer" on the field, you can swarm the field using "Poke-Balls", re-flipping or re-summoning the Trainer. I made this set after Pokemon's gameplay mechanics so it's not recommended for competitive play because of it's heavy dependance of "Pokemon Trainer".

Maybe I should make more Trainer types with their own PkMn too so it would add more versatility. But I prefer to keep this set underpowered.

On other hand, I think I overdid a little on Ultimate Poke-Ball's activation conditions...  :/

• 4 months later...

1: The pokemon on your card is Quilava. Maybe you should indicate that somewhere.

2: Quilava evolves from Cyndaquil. Try using that somehow.

For example: The Pokemon TCG won't let you use Quilava unless you already have a Cyndaquil out.

When I wanna convert cards from one game to another, I look up the rules for both games to find similarities and differences.

If you wanna use the Pokemon Trainers, try using their names and thinking about each trainer benefits their pokemon.

Also, add the gym leaders by name and think about how they could benefit pokemon.

Brock only uses Rock pokemon so maybe he could increase the DEF of Rock-Type monsters by 500.

Misty uses water pokemon so maybe she can increase the ATK of WATER monsters by 500.

Ash treats his pokemon like friends so they never turn against him so maybe he can negate effects that would take your monsters away such as Change of Heart or Snatch Steal.

1. Actually he doesn't need to put a name for Quilava because thats the PokeDex number.

2. This is yugioh if I had the right cards I can pretty much ignore summoning conditions of any monsters.

And there s no reason to look at the others games rules, you should be looking at the game rules for the card your gonna convert.

:|... Anime... Fourth wall... have you ever looked at Yu-Gi-Oh... TCG, Games, and Anime have there own story.

I like this actually. 

-------------------------------

For the 'Pokemon Trainers' Effect try, 'When this card is summoned', because you list of all of the possible summoning mechanics you can use for that kind of card.

Other than that, I think that's it. Pretty good I guess 'Archetype'. 

As much as I'd like to keep this open, you already passed the 2 month grace period for creator updates so yeah, gotta lock it. (Although you're more than welcome to repost it). 

If you want to keep the mechanics the same as in the Pokemon TCG, fine; though it's advised that you don't for playability reasons. Remember, this is a Yugioh set; not that of Pokemon TCG (keep in mind that we do have a section for those types of cards in Advanced). 

Archived