[MtG] [OGW] Full Spoiler 08/01

Rodrigo

vallueeeeee, i mean this is kinda like wall of omens except it blocks rhinos and gives you a 3/3 haste instead of drawing a card for one more mana

en_CwUVtu4ZGe.png

also cup island has a lid now

en_mFw1C6hwOh.png

I'm pleased with the set. The full spoiler had some cool remaining cards left to spoil: Grasp of Darkness reprint, Natural State, Searing Light, Captain's Claws, Wall of Resurgence.

Also, I guess Reality Hemorrhage is technically a red burn spell that goes to face.

Quite satisfied with the rest of the spoilers. There's a surprisingly strong contingent of commons and uncommons in OGW: in BFZ, I don't think I was alone in feeling like the majority of the good stuff was at rare or higher. Green and white seem pretty unfocused, though, particularly compared to how streamlined surge seems to be.

Cards that I'll be on the lookout for, both new and previously spoiled, are:

• Matter Reshaper
  • Eldrazi Displacer (sorta sad this is the only white devoid card)
  • Linvala, the Preserver
  • Void Shatter (will make the mono-red deck spamming Pyroblast sad)
  • Crush of Tentacles
  • Overwhelming Denial
  • Corpse Churn
  • World Breaker
  • Bonds of Mortality
  • Natural State
  • Seed Guardian (plus official X/X elemental tokens for Marath decks!)
  • Zendikar Resurgent
  • Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
  • Baloth Null
  • Reflector Mage
  • Seer's Lantern
  • Hissing Quagmire
  • Holdout Settlement

Displacer is certainly one of the biggest cards to watch in the set. Honestly, from a constructed standpoint I'm REALY interested in seeing how decks try to work in colorless mana. We currently have a +4 color format and I can't see C working in anything over 2.

Also, I think thats been my biggest problem with the set, C is just SO hard to work into existing decks. Commander gets the gold cheat, but even that isn't SUPER helpful I've found. Plus, my poor cube isn't built to handle C so a lot of the commons and uncommons (which is what its made of) can't really be used. Still, the set is going to be SUPER interesting for limited. Really looking forward to the Team Limited in DC since you could totally run a colorless deck which seems super cool.

'looks over them all and frowns' Wow, even though he's part of the fight on Zendikar, Jace will not actually be part of the fight in the Oath of the Gatewatch set. I is sad.

He's a mind mage and a strategist, not a hardcore fighter like Gideon.  Besides, we'll probably get a Jace card in Shadows over Innistrad anyway, and to be quite frank, Jace could use the card leave-of-absence every once in a while.

This set definitely blows BFZ out of the water (I don't care how great that set was for limited); it's not OMG-so-amazing, but it's passable.

He's a mind mage and a strategist, not a hardcore fighter like Gideon.  Besides, we'll probably get a Jace card in Shadows over Innistrad anyway, and to be quite frank, Jace could use the card leave-of-absence every once in a while.

True...also makes me feel less guilty about breaking my promise to go to the upcoming prerelease, though. >.> Need that monies for foods.

Displacer is certainly one of the biggest cards to watch in the set. Honestly, from a constructed standpoint I'm REALY interested in seeing how decks try to work in colorless mana. We currently have a +4 color format and I can't see C working in anything over 2.

The painlands still exist in Standard, and will survive the next rotation. Of course, multicolour decks with all the fetches and battle-lands will struggle to work in C cards.

I'm currently tempted to put together URC control now that we've got an immense slew of counterspells.

An increase in pain land use would make the burn decks better. Even if they are being played mostly for the C, so few cards really need it that they are likely to do 3 or 4 damage over the course of the game. But yea, the biggest issue is that almost none of the top decks can really take adventure of moving away from a Fetch+Battle mana base. I think the best one to do so would be Abzan aggro.

I know one of the cards I REALLY want to break Herald of Kozilek. Cost reduction is so powerful and I feel like he is close to good enough.

An increase in pain land use would make the burn decks better. Even if they are being played mostly for the C, so few cards really need it that they are likely to do 3 or 4 damage over the course of the game. But yea, the biggest issue is that almost none of the top decks can really take adventure of moving away from a Fetch+Battle mana base. I think the best one to do so would be Abzan aggro.I know one of the cards I REALLY want to break Herald of Kozilek. Cost reduction is so powerful and I feel like he is close to good enough.

Herald of Kozilek is pretty gr8 m8. With enough of him around you can cast those Eldrazi counterspells for 1 mana, and with Kozilek's Channeler you can churn out the bigger guys quickly and easily.

Just uh... make sure you can protect them, I got killed bad against a deck with tons of removal.

Archived