Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

Aix

Not the most exciting opening episode, but I like that it's basically DnD. Though the scaling seems a bit off if a party that size can't beat 2 goblins. I also really like the art. Will definitely keep watching.

From what I can see, they have 0 coordination and half their party is useless.

The beginning of the episode was so promising and more exciting than the entirety of the first, but then it got lame again (at least the insert song was nice, but it was comical how long that one part lasted). This show better pick up soon, but I'll give it a couple more episodes.

Well the third episode was much better. No periods of nothingness or anything, and we got some nice dialogue. It's really a nice show with a good atmosphere and relaxing setting, this episode showed that things can be done well without a lot of action. It was nice to see that they're getting somewhere in defeating things, though.

Reading what others have said, it's apparently a really good adaption of the novels, which is nice to hear.

Yeah that was pretty nuts....

[spoiler=Spoiler warning]

I hope it doesn't go all akame ga kill on us though...

I like this show a lot.  It has a different feel to it then all these "trapped in a video game fantasy world" type shows.  Log Horizon takes it from a very statistical and logical standpoint, while SAO focused on the action.  

I feel like Grimgar is doing a good job of staying on the good side of the genre however.  Can't wait to see how they'll deal with all of this next 'sode!

Archived