Overreach [OOC, Signups, PG-16]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay! I have my app all done after like a week, been working on it piece by piece when I had the time. Honestly looking for a good picture was the hardest part, I even had an actual person's photo for the irl ref until I just edited an anime picture. Anyway, here it is!

[spoiler: Celine Raines]

RPer: Htamret
ICOOC Name: Celine Raines
ICOOC Age: 17, Birthday 12th April
ICOOC Gender: Female
ICOOC Appearence:
Height/Weight: 5' 3''/ 160cm, 138lbs/59 kg
Hair: Red (dyed), goes slightly past her waist
Eyes: Heterochromia (left grey/right blue)
[spoiler: Pic]
OnsUCrr.jpg

Handle: Celin3_the_M00nlit
ICIC Age: Around 17-19
ICIC Gender: Female
ICIC Appearance
[spoiler: Pic]
leST3xv.jpg

[spoiler: Bios]
As Celine: Generally has a bright, cheery personality and appears approachable and friendly, but this hides a somewhat colder and more cynical, but not entirely pessimistic side underneath. This is a result of some issues fitting in at school, stemming from sometime around the start of middle school. She was never overly popular, but her persona of energy and enthusiasm made her fairly well-known. That isn't to say that her cheer is only on the surface: she is often genuinely excited over things, but they aren't things that the people she ended up befriending enjoy, or think highly of for that matter. Those two things are theater and video games. After expressing interest in those to her former friends, they never quite saw eye to eye, so she ended up leaving them and becoming a bit of a drifter at school. Those who do know her personally know that she now borders between her two personalities, an odd mix between warm and cheerful, and cynical and distant. While it might be dismissed as a personality disorder or lack of social skills, it's actually an attempt to find herself and who she really is, and also to try to show the people she cares about that she does. She is also shy and reserved towards strangers and more outgoing to her friends and family. No matter who she is with, she also tries to stay humble and modest, even when she shouldn't be.

Despite all this, she still enjoys the freedom from reality found in both theater and online gaming, and keeps in touch with some of the friends she has met both online and offline. Partly because of her outlook on life, she has a knack for brightening up the situation and looking for the best in a situation through a combination of gallows humor and a well-deployed pun or proverb. She is often called 'The Darkest, Most Cynical Optimist' by her friends, something she takes with begrudging pride as a badge of honor.

As Celin3: She isn't much different from how she is offline, but she tries to portray a more cool, collected personality rather than that of a cynic. This is, however, often betrayed by her somewhat excitable personality and confidence from her anonymity online. She might start boasting or getting excited about something, then catch herself and stop, flustered and slightly embarrassed. One thing she is for certain is a go-getter, and will try her best in combat, trying to do it as coolly as possible, but is not above dirty tactics such as ambushes, or feigning weakness or ignorance. She is used to playing MMOs solo, which is the main reason she chose a high DPS class like Assassin. She found out about the color system and what they did on a less well-known gaming forum, and decided that Ebony equipment with its wide variety of possible effects would be not only fitting for an Assassin but also fun and interesting as a player since she could end up with almost anything, as well as the challenge of using whatever she ends up with.

W. Zodiac: Aires (Celine's birth sign)
E. Zodiac: Dragon (Seen as charismatic, cool, and lucky, how she hopes to be in-game)
Tarot: Chariot (She figured any extra chance of victory is never a bad thing)
Class: Assassin (Closest thing to a 'trickster' style she could get)
Color: Ebon

A bit of a side note, it seems that with Durendal/BLKKK-Knight gone we have an all-female group, at least IC. I predict much girl talk over the campfire. As for my first IC post, it would make sense for me to be late logging in I suppose to not disrupt the post flow, so would there be some way for me to find out what the stats do aside from the floating head at the start?
Thanks again for letting me join late like this, I'll try my best since this is my first forum RP! 

Everything I'm infodumping is in the "Journal" in game, technically, but even that is made stupid to access, since it's taking up an inventory slot: most people wouldn't think they can read a book in their inventory, and after reading the item description ("A book holding a good deal of information") most people believe it's a quest item and just leave it alone rather than realizing it's a readable book.

Archived