Overreach [OOC, Signups, PG-16]

[spoiler=Plot]

Eccentric billionaires only get more eccentric as technology allows.

VR gaming has caught on, to quite a degree- be it the ability to play FPS games without the interruptions of glare, or Pokemon games where you can feel the heat of the Fire-Types you train, or even RTS games where you actually can command armies, the ability to be within the game has only made the feeling of immersion in gaming grow.

These two collide in exciting ways.

To be blunt, when the VRMMO "Overreach" was originally advertised to hit markets in Canada, the United States, and Japan simultaneously, it wasn't particularly exciting. Games with larger worlds existed, games with more in-depth graphics existed, and to be honest its mechanics were almost forbiddingly complex. Pre-orders were practically nonexistent, except amongst hipsters and braggarts of the highest degree.

Its second showing wasn't much better, only introducing the "Dynamic Translation System", or DTS- which would immediately translate any language being spoken into the language a player selected. Essentially, this allowed international parties to form and talk to one another in real time. It was quite the selling point, and some businessmen decided that a $65 price tag for a universal translator wasn't too bad.

However, exactly a day before "Overreach" hit shelves, a single announcement was made that would send people of all ages, in all social groups, in all three countries rushing to buy. The creator of the game would personally award $150 million (or its equivalents if the players weren't from the US) to the party that completed the main story quest first. This meant that a maximum-sized party of six people would be walking away with more than enough money each to be set for several years.

Hackers went mad trying to crack the absurdly complex game code, beta testers to consult for the best way to go accomplishing this quest were literally nowhere to be found, and so anyone who had one of those first 60 million or so copies was immediately hell-bent for accomplishing this Herculean task.

The sign-up screen was pretty straightforward, if somewhat daunting:

YOUR NAME:

CHARACTER NAME:

CHARACTER GENDER:

W. ZODIAC:

E. ZODIAC:

TAROT:

CLASS:

COLOR:

ROLL FOR STATS

GOTO CHARACTER CREATION

The "Zodiac" entries were drop-down menus listing the Western and Eastern Zodiac members for selection, and the "Tarot" drop-down menu listed all 22 Major Arcana; one could not continue to Character Creation, apparently, without selecting one each of all three. The "Class" drop-down listed only seven options, however: Ranger, Mage, Swordsman, Lancer, Guardian, Thief, and Assassin. "Color" was an odd one, as well, listing nine options: White, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Azure, Violet, Ebon, and Brown. Clicking on the "Roll for Stats" option would only deliver an "OK" message next to it, no matter how many times the option was selected, although the small loading icon would pop up as if it was generating a set of character stats.

The insane part was that it seemed designed, in all ways, to be as infuriating as possible. Until the server was up and allowing people to start their adventure, the city from the demo was completely available for exploration.

The one thing on everyone's mind, though, was the huge timer, a vivid neon green against the setting sun in-game, counting down. Beeping at each hour. Counting down every moment that was keeping people from the adventure at hand. Some camped near the town gates, some near the still-inactive NPCs, some even tried to find parties as they waited.

Waited.

Waited.

[spoiler= App]

RPer: Your username. Helps me keep track of who's supposed to be who.

ICOOC Name: The name of your character, outside the MMO. This is in case your character signs out of the game to check Google, go to sleep, have problems IRL, etc.

ICOOC Age: Are we dealing with a 14-year-old who's taking advantage of Spring Break, a 23-year-old basement dweller, a 30-year-old gamer, what?

ICOOC Appearance: What's this gamer look like? Gimme a picture or reasonably descriptive paragraph.

ICOOC Gender: Girl gamers exist, people, although you don't have to RP one.

Handle: This will be the character's name inside the game. "Overreach" has a 24-character name length limit for player characters, so you can make jokes.

ICIC Age: The character generator allows you to go small enough to resemble a 12-year-old, and the voice generator lets you take on any pitch and timbre of voice you damned well please, so . . .

ICIC Appearance: Imagine a character creator as in-depth as in a BioWare game, that allows you to look like anything a healthy human being can appear to be. Add in non-natural hair and eye colors. Good? Now, I need an image or paragraph. Also, I'd like you to describe the voice you want us to hear your character in, mention the name of a specific person who's voice you'd be emulating, or link to a YouTube video.

ICIC Gender: Does not have to be the same as above- cross players are rather common. Plus, some people just want to try out the other gender, if only temporarily.

Personality: How will you act? I need a sufficiently descriptive paragraph- look to the "Characters" page of a long-running series on TVTropes for sample length (I recommend Grace on El Goonish Shive's Characters page, but hey).

W. Zodiac: Any member of the Western Zodiac (eg. Scorpio)

E. Zodiac: Any member of the Eastern Zodiac (eg. Tiger)

Tarot: One of the 22 Major Arcana (eg. The Fool). If you still aren't sure, Google it or ask The Nyx Avatar.

Class: One of the seven mentioned in the "Plot" spoiler- go read that if you haven't.

Color: There are nine mentioned in the "Plot" spoiler. Pick one.

[spoiler=Rules]

1. No godmodding. I'm serious.

2. Each character's character is their own. Do not move someone else's character, make them speak, describe their reactions . . . one would think I shouldn't have to say this. I do, sadly, because some people powergame.

3. All IC posts must be 100 words or more. For those of you on PCs, open up Word and copy-paste your post in, and check the word count. As host, I can kinda cheat by describing things that are just going on, but that's host privilege.

4. When your app is completed, I will PM you the base stats I rolled for you. Feel free to keep this secret as long as you wish- you can bring it up in your first post, or hide it completely, just don't lie about it.

5. After the RP begins and I do my obligatory host post, I will wait for all accepted applicants to post once before I get into the meat of your adventure.

6. For formatting purposes:

"This is my character speaking."

This is my character thinking.

This is my character Shouting, or contacting all of their party members in-game. If a party member is offline, a Shout will make their phone receive a text.

7. I will explain the game mechanics in the first post, and what the stats mean. Do NOT question me about them, because I will not answer.

8. For the moment, I am unable to use Skype. I will open a group PM for all applicants in the interim. Keep up on it.

9. For the love of Blizzard, follow the app format.

[spoiler=Accepted Apps]

RPer: mitch

ICOOC Name: Mitsuaki Gorou

ICOOC Age: 23-year old basement dweller college student

ICOOC Appearance: Average looking dude of around 160 cm in height. Has short, curly black hair that reaches his ears and brown eyes that has a nasty look to them but otherwise he's a very generic Japanese student. His preferred attire is a dark green wool jacket with a white shirt underneath and a pair of black or another non-notable color. Is often squinting because his eyesight's deteriorated from the gaming he's done but he's still barely within the range of not needing glasses for his daily life. Does not like wearing hats.

ICOOC Gender: Dude.

Handle: HOLY

ICIC Age: 18

ICIC Appearance:

9zgdN37.png

Height: 160 cm

Eye color: Blue

Voice(Kinda a strange option in an RP if you ask me but): Asami Imai

ICIC Gender: Girl

Personality: HOLY is the sort of player who doesn't make it hard to tell that the player behind such a feminine blonde female knight avatar is a guy. Rather than playing as a girl for some sort of expression, he seems to play them because blonde knights are his fetish, as even in other MMOs he tends to make a swordsman or guardian character with those traits. Despite his elegant-looking character, he's actually quite tactless and rude, often more than ready to display some snark or let out a lecherous comment. He's mostly a solo player in most games because he finds trying to recruit party members a hassle, although he appreciates some companionship if given the chance. Dislikes trolls, PKers, and males who play as girls despite being one himself. Respects minmaxers and people who don't take MMOs too seriously.

HOLY is often broke because he can't manage money well, even in a virtual gaming setting.

W. Zodiac: Aries

E. Zodiac: Rooster

Tarot: Hanged Man

Class: Swordsman

Color: Green

RPer: Durendal

ICOOC Name: Luna Jameson

ICOOC Age: 16

ICOOC Appearance

TQq6BlJ.jpg

ICOOC Gender: Female

Handle: BLKKK-Knight

ICIC Age: 24

ICIC Appearance

mu5dF9F.jpg

Voice

ICIC Gender: Male

Personality: BLKKK Knight enjoys a good drink after sparring. Sweat beads roll down his face as he spots a young lady being assaulted by a drunkard. A few moments later,the drunkard is knocked out and BLKKK Knight becomes the menace, asking for favours for his rescue. A greedy character, he'll always try to find a way to gain an advantage from a situation. This highly constrasts with the fact that he not only looks like a noble knight, but also because his attitude and voice are that of a sincerely good person. This doesn't mean he thinks too highly of himself however, as he's actually pretty humble and reserved in any moment that he can't bribe or extort somebody. He never goes out of his way to scam somebody, he just knows how and when to take advantage of a situation. When with people he cares about, like his party members, he does a full turn however. He can be seen sharing gear, money or just friendly advice with his fellow players on a regular basis. When faced with a troublesome situation or a crossroad, he tends to listen to his heart rather than think it over.

Luna is a real loner. She was homeschooled and never had many friends in real life, which doesn't mean she has no friends at all; she actually has a tight circle of gamer friends which she deeply cares about. She loves talking to other people online, and comes off as a cool and confident person. In real life, however, she's as shy as they come. It's also really easy for her to break under stress.

W. Zodiac: Saggitarius

E. Zodiac: Rat

Tarot: The Lovers

Color: Ebon

6SKoZGE.png

"You think you can take me? Huh, let's see you try!"

Controlled by Admiral_Stalfos19

x393wz.jpgICOOC Information

x393wz.jpgName: Tokiko Sonada

Age: 15-year-old who's taking advantage of Spring Break High School Student

Appearance:

x393wz.jpgICIC Information

x393wz.jpgHandle: WereF0X

Appearance:

Personality: WereF0X is a mostly "silent protagonist", preferring not to respond to other players of the game if she can avoid, and preferring to be able to do her own thing without someone whining over it. As such, she rarely joins any parties or guilds in other MMO's, if she ever does so at all. However, in this instance, WereF0X has somewhat reluctantly joined forces with several other characters; mostly because a promised $150000000US split among that party is too much for Tokiko to pass up. As such, for this game in particular, WereF0X will likely be a bit more... co-operative with her teammates than she normally is. Another thing that will change upon such a gargantuan sum of money up for grabs is her dedication to the game of Overreach itself. Normally, Tokiko will try to dive straight into whatever MMO she's trying to play and work out what skill build she ultimately wants to run, and if she dies once too often or can't actually decide what to run, she'll literally uninstall the MMO and discard it, hoping it never sees the light of day. But with this game, Tokiko has already spent considerable time alone making constant adjustments to the avatar that would be known as WereF0X while the server had yet to become live. As such, it's likely that she'll spend even longer trying to number crunch her way into a build that'll prove successful.

As for her in-game personality, as already stated, WereF0X is a mostly "silent protagonist"... and if she does speak to another player of a game she maybe playing, half the time it is out of snark and/or sarcasm. This is even more the case when WereF0X is properly offended by whatever someone had dared say to her face. The worrisome thing is that this might even be Tokiko getting into character as WereF0X; rather, she's been that way all the time IRL, hence her severe lack of friends. However, WereF0X rarely becomes visibly or audibly angry, and is able to keep calm despite multiple provokes. Though the moment someone gets on her nerves, WereF0X will immediately try to PK the son of a b****. She'll also try to PK if someone dares snatch a piece of equipment that she needs for her build to be at its optimum or is better than what she has, as well as to test if her current build is at a workable state or not, or just for the sake of viewing their reaction and perhaps smirking at it; to WereF0X specifically, PKing someone whether they asked for PvP combat or not is part of the fun. Speaking of, it should be noted that WereF0X is a very competent PvP combatant, capable of demolishing all the scrubs whilst rarely losing any more health than a mid-range potion can fix, if she loses any at all. But she's well aware of her limitations, and will not start a fight that she has doubts she can win. On top of that, WereF0X highly respects players that can hold their own in the game, whether that be in PvE or PvP, or even both.

W. Zodiac: Scorpio

E. Zodiac: Snake

Tarot: Star

Class: Guardian

Color: Orange

x393wz.jpgMiscellaneous Information

x393wz.jpgMain Theme Song:

Battle Theme Song:

Tidbits of Trivia:

• Tokiko spends no less 13 hours a day playing MMORPGs in the weekdays, and up to a whopping 19 on the weekends and holidays. This may explain the slight sleep deprivation that can be noted when liking into Tokiko's eyes themselves.
  • As a result of such extensive time playing such games, Tokiko often has takeaway foods as her main meal. Her favorite is sushi
  • It should be noted that Tokiko has a slight case of autism; hence why she keeps to herself in-game. She's not a major fan of affiliating with the outside world, and she'scertainly not keen on missing an hour or two of game-play just because she has to do homework or chores.

RPer - Reptilious

JT9IYoC.png

"Let's play a game~!"

ICOOC Information

x393wz.jpg

ICOOC Name

Zoey Pearson

ICOOC Age

ICOOC Gender

Female

ICOOC Appearance

WxVTshv.png

Height: 5'3"

original image

x393wz.jpg

2jkjj5t.png

"That's some nice treasure you got there..."

ICIC Information

x393wz.jpg

Handle

CalypZoe

ICIC Age

ICIC Appearance

NYeYF9i.png

Height: 5'6"

original image

ICIC Gender

Female

x393wz.jpg

General Information

x393wz.jpg

Personality

Zoey fits the bill of a thief to the tea - she is very cunning, using deception, manipulation, and basically anything she can do to get things to go her way, whether she wants someone to do something for her or she wants something like money. She's also very used to getting things to go her way, making her very spoiled. However, she's not completely selfish - at the very least, she understands that others need to be happy in order for her to get her way. She is very determined - once she sets her mind on something, there is no letting go of that idea.

There are only 2 things that Zoey loves without a doubt in this world - money, and the ocean. She is also a big fan of pirates, which has to do with her personal longing for adventure. For this reason, she tries to play a pirate (or whatever is closest to one) a pirate in any game she can. This longing for adventure is also why she plays games like this in general. This is also why her primary focus in any game is to first and for-most explore the world, while also becoming one of the richest players in said game.

Western Zodiac

Aquarius

Eastern Zodiac

Snake

Tarot

Wheel of Fortune

Class

Thief

Color

Azure

RPer: Senjougahara Hitagi (Aix)

x393wz.jpg

ICOOC Name: Aiko Hamasaki (浜崎 愛子, lit. Hamasaki Aiko)

ICOOC Age: 17

ICOOC Appearance: Cute Pink-Haired Highschool Girl; 152 cm; thin and frail in build

x393wz.jpg

Handle: Sera Fimu (セアラ ィム)

ICIC Age: 22

ICIC Appearance: Pink-Haired Black-Robed Priestess; 163 cm;

ICIC Gender: Female

x393wz.jpg

Personality: Sera is a diehard and patient gamer, the kind that takes pleasure in even just grinding away for hours or in doing extensive research that would put a university professor to shame. Her primary joy is in becoming powerful and crushing enemies beneath her sword or magic. PvP or PvE, she can do it all; she has max level characters on countless games. Towards other players, Sera has an upbeat but very business-like demeanour that lets her get along easily, but truthfully she doesn't tend to form emotional attachments, and only allies herself with others because it is imperative to do so in MMOs. Despite her immeasurable determination as a gamer, she cannot stand it at all when group dynamics turn sour and is extremely sensitive to insults or offence.

x393wz.jpg

E. Zodiac: Dragon

Tarot: The Fool

Class: Mage

[spoiler=Status Effects]

Bleed

Does damage that slowly decreases, and cures itself once that damage hits 0. Running or physically attacking while you have Bleed resets the damage to its original amount, though.

Poison

Does fixed damage: the amount depends on the source. Cannot kill you, on its own- at worst, it will reduce your HP to 1. However, this does not mean it is cured: if you attempt to restore HP without curing the Poison, it will slowly reduce your HP to 1 again.

Burn

Does 3 damage every 2 seconds, and reduces your "functional Endurance" by 1/10. You will also take 1 damage if you attempt to run or attack. Must be manually cured.

Confusion

Lowers your RFX by 1/10, and has a 1 in 5 chance of making any attack you use do damage to yourself equal to what would happen if you attempted to attack yourself. These attacks can still connect or miss normally, however. Cures itself after 1 minute.

Stun

Cuts your AGI by 1/10. Force-cancels your attacks or spells 1/5 of the time. Must be manually cured.

Silence

Prevents you from casting spells or using special abilities, and mutes your voice. Must be manually cured.

Jinx

Prevents you from physically attacking or opening your inventory. Must be manually cured.

Freeze

Prevents you from moving on your own, but doubles your END to compensate. Cures itself eventually. Can be escaped instantly by attacking, but this cuts your remaining HP in half.

Un-Gift

Prevents you from running or jumping. Cures itself eventually.

===========================

Signups are up!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[spoiler=Luna and BLKKK]

RPer: Durendal

ICOOC Name: Luna Jameson

ICOOC Age: 16

[spoiler=ICOOC Appearance]TQq6BlJ.jpg

Handle: BLKKK-Knight

ICIC Age: 24

[spoiler=ICIC Appearance]mu5dF9F.jpg

[spoiler=Voice]

ICIC Gender: Male

Personality: BLKKK Knight enjoys a good drink after sparring. Sweat beads roll down his face as he spots a young lady being assaulted by a drunkard. A few moments later,the drunkard is knocked out and BLKKK Knight becomes the menace, asking for favours for his rescue. A greedy character, he'll always try to find a way to gain an advantage from a situation. This highly constrasts with the fact that he not only looks like a noble knight, but also because his attitude and voice are that of a sincerely good person. This doesn't mean he thinks too highly of himself however, as he's actually pretty humble and reserved in any moment that he can't bribe or extort somebody. He never goes out of his way to scam somebody, he just knows how and when to take advantage of a situation. When with people he cares about, like his party members, he does a full turn however. He can be seen sharing gear, money or just friendly advice with his fellow players on a regular basis. When faced with a troublesome situation or a crossroad, he tends to listen to his heart rather than think it over.

Luna is a real loner. She was homeschooled and never had many friends in real life, which doesn't mean she has no friends at all; she actually has a tight circle of gamer friends which she deeply cares about. She loves talking to other people online, and comes off as a cool and confident person. In real life, however, she's as shy as they come. It's also really easy for her to break under stress.

W. Zodiac: Saggitarius

E. Zodiac: Rat

Tarot: The Lovers

Already had something written, had to adjust to your app though.

may i suggest 'IRL' instead of 'ICOOC'

[spoiler=muh app]

RPer: mitch

ICOOC Name: Mitsuaki Gorou

ICOOC Age: 23-year old basement dweller  college student

ICOOC Appearance: Average looking dude of around 160 cm in height. Has short, curly black hair that reaches his ears and brown eyes that has a nasty look to them but otherwise he's a very generic Japanese student. His preferred attire is a dark green wool jacket with a white shirt underneath and a pair of black or another non-notable color. Is often squinting because his eyesight's deteriorated from the gaming he's done but he's still barely within the range of not needing glasses for his daily life. Does not like wearing hats.

ICOOC Gender: Dude.

Handle: HOLY

ICIC Age: 18

[spoiler=ICIC Appearance:]9zgdN37.png

Height: 160 cm

Eye color: Blue

Voice(Kinda a strange option in an RP if you ask me but): Asami Imai

ICIC Gender: Girl

Personality: HOLY is the sort of player who doesn't make it hard to tell that the player behind such a feminine blonde female knight avatar is a guy. Rather than playing as a girl for some sort of expression, he seems to play them because blonde knights are his fetish, as even in other MMOs he tends to make a swordsman or guardian character with those traits. Despite his elegant-looking character, he's actually quite tactless and rude, often more than ready to display some snark or let out a lecherous comment. He's mostly a solo player in most games because he finds trying to recruit party members a hassle, although he appreciates some companionship if given the chance. Dislikes trolls, PKers, and males who play as girls despite being one himself. Respects minmaxers and people who don't take MMOs too seriously.

HOLY is often broke because he can't manage money well, even in a virtual gaming setting.

W. Zodiac: Aries

E. Zodiac: Rooster

Tarot: Hanged Man

Color: Green

now gimme muh stat rollz

Those are both . . . technically speaking, they're tanking classes in a way, but Guardian is considerably tankier for the purpose.

Guardian passively boosts your HP between levels, and you get a free shield as your starting weapon.

Assassin passively ups your RFX between levels, and you get a free chain sickle as your starting weapon.

Generally speaking:

Swordsman is our offensive class.

Lancers are support.

Rangers attack at range and get crits.

Mages do magic.

Thieves are fast as hell.

Guardians act as damage sponges.

Assassins like going for quick hits and taking as little personal damage as possible.

But, of course, they serve this purpose only for the first 5 Levels, or until you start getting Color-bound equips (whichever comes first). Then, you'll be doing that, plus the functionality of your Color and/or Zodiac signs.

So... free shield or free sickle chain, neither of which a true, proper brawler would actually want. Hmm...

Might go Guardian, since I prefer tanky characters. Working on app now

[spoiler=App]

6SKoZGE.png
"You think you can take me? Huh, let's see you try!"

Controlled by Admiral_Stalfos19
ICOOC Information
Name: Tokiko Sonada
Age: 15-year-old who's taking advantage of Spring Break High School Student
[spoiler=Appearance:]
Tokika seems to be relatively average for a girl her age, standing at 147cm (4' 10") tall, and weighing in at 49kg (108 lbs). She also has little curvature to her body, with a BWH ratio of 21-22-25 if measured in inches and 53-56-64 if measured in centimeters. The only notable features Tokiko has are her orange eyes and hair which falls down to the middle of her back, her square, red-rimmed glasses, a moon-shaped clip that she puts on the left shoulder of her school uniform shirt and her partially closed eyes. This may suggest a slight sleep deprivation or severe boredom, although the bags under her eyes may suggest the former.

933ceb1e892c62dc018072b060f90cdf1a19985a

ICIC Information
Handle: WereF0X
[spoiler=Appearance:]
Here, Tokiko has taken great care in making a beautiful and alluring avatar... although this is clearly compensating for her meager appearance IRL. As a result of Tokiko's playing around with the character customization segment, WereF0X's standing height appears to be 191cm (6' 3") in high heels and a BWH of 30-20-24 if measured in inches and 76-51-61 if measured in centimeters. WereF0X does maintain the orange eyes and hair that Tokiko has IRL, but it's stylished completely differently in WereF0X's case, and is rather asymmetrical. The left side is tied into a ponytail which is held in place with a star-shaped hair-clip, whereas the right side covers her eye and is mostly unstyled, appearing much thicker as a result. Two bangs can be seen coming down from each side, but the left bang is significantly longer, curling at the end and resting just barely on WereF0X's left breast. Completing WereF0X's look is a red china dress with exposed sides and naval, a small, lilac-colored flower pinned to said china dress, arm bands on her left forearm and right upper arm, pantyhose that goes up to her thighs and red high heels.

0bcd94e3314761b1e1bf9b78409c798c731c37fd

Personality: WereF0X is a mostly "silent protagonist", preferring not to respond to other players of the game if she can avoid, and preferring to be able to do her own thing without someone whining over it. As such, she rarely joins any parties or guilds in other MMO's, if she ever does so at all. However, in this instance, WereF0X has somewhat reluctantly joined forces with several other characters; mostly because a promised $150000000US split among that party is too much for Tokiko to pass up. As such, for this game in particular, WereF0X will likely be a bit more... co-operative with her teammates than she normally is. Another thing that will change upon such a gargantuan sum of money up for grabs is her dedication to the game of Overreach itself. Normally, Tokiko will try to dive straight into whatever MMO she's trying to play and work out what skill build she ultimately wants to run, and if she dies once too often or can't actually decide what to run, she'll literally uninstall the MMO and discard it, hoping it never sees the light of day. But with this game, Tokiko has already spent considerable time alone making constant adjustments to the avatar that would be known as WereF0X while the server had yet to become live. As such, it's likely that she'll spend even longer trying to number crunch her way into a build that'll prove successful.

As for her in-game personality, as already stated, WereF0X is a mostly "silent protagonist"... and if she does speak to another player of a game she maybe playing, half the time it is out of snark and/or sarcasm. This is even more the case when WereF0X is properly offended by whatever someone had dared say to her face. The worrisome thing is that this might even be Tokiko getting into character as WereF0X; rather, she's been that way all the time IRL, hence her severe lack of friends. However, WereF0X rarely becomes visibly or audibly angry, and is able to keep calm despite multiple provokes. Though the moment someone gets on her nerves, WereF0X will immediately try to PK the son of a jabroni. She'll also try to PK if someone dares snatch a piece of equipment that she needs for her build to be at its optimum or is better than what she has, as well as to test if her current build is at a workable state or not, or just for the sake of viewing their reaction and perhaps smirking at it; to WereF0X specifically, PKing someone whether they asked for PvP combat or not is part of the fun. Speaking of, it should be noted that WereF0X is a very competent PvP combatant, capable of demolishing all the scrubs whilst rarely losing any more health than a mid-range potion can fix, if she loses any at all. But she's well aware of her limitations, and will not start a fight that she has doubts she can win. On top of that, WereF0X highly respects players that can hold their own in the game, whether that be in PvE or PvP, or even both.
E. Zodiac: Snake
Tarot: Star
Class: Guardian
Color: Orange
Miscellaneous Information
Main Theme Song: Make Me Wanna Die, by The Pretty Reckless
Tidbits of Trivia:
  • Tokiko spends no less 13 hours a day playing MMORPGs in the weekdays, and up to a whopping 19 on the weekends and holidays. This may explain the slight sleep deprivation that can be noted when liking into Tokiko's eyes themselves.
  • As a result of such extensive time playing such games, Tokiko often has takeaway foods as her main meal. Her favorite is sushi
  • It should be noted that Tokiko has a slight case of autism; hence why she keeps to herself in-game. She's not a major fan of affiliating with the outside world, and she's certainly not keen on missing an hour or two of game-play just because she has to do homework or chores.

x393wz.jpg
RPer: Senjougahara Hitagi (Aix)

x393wz.jpg
ICOOC Name: Aiko Hamasaki (浜崎 愛子, lit. Hamasaki Aiko)

ICOOC Age: 17

ICOOC Appearance: Cute Pink-Haired Highschool Girl; 152 cm; thin and frail in build

x393wz.jpg
Handle: Sera Fimu (セアラ ィム)

ICIC Age: 22

ICIC Appearance: Pink-Haired Black-Robed Priestess; 163 cm; Voiced by Hirano Aya in the first clip, you know I feel like voice actors aren't the best way to describe voice because most voice actors can do different voices

ICIC Gender: Female

x393wz.jpg
Personality: Sera is a diehard and patient gamer, the kind that takes pleasure in even just grinding away for hours or in doing extensive research that would put a university professor to shame. Her primary joy is in becoming powerful and crushing enemies beneath her sword or magic. PvP or PvE, she can do it all; she has max level characters on countless games. Towards other players, Sera has an upbeat but very business-like demeanour that lets her get along easily, but truthfully she doesn't tend to form emotional attachments, and only allies herself with others because it is imperative to do so in MMOs. Despite her immeasurable determination as a gamer, she cannot stand it at all when group dynamics turn sour and is extremely sensitive to insults or offence.

x393wz.jpg

E. Zodiac: Dragon

Tarot: The Fool

Class: Mage

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Stats and Skills]HP: 14

STR: 13

END: 12

MNA: 11

FOC: 12

RFX: 11

AGI: 12

x393wz.jpg

2 Ebon characters . . . this should be fun.

2 completed apps, 2 WIPs . . . should I wait for a full party's worth at 6, or no?

Oh, also, given the stat distributions and stuff, 2/3 of a stupidly broken combination I discovered is here. Then again, considering I'm implementing a skill tree system, it might never be relevant.

[spoiler=Zoey Pearson - CalypZoe]

RPer - Reptilious

JT9IYoC.png

"Let's play a game~!"

ICOOC Information

ICOOC Name
Zoey Pearson

ICOOC Age

ICOOC Gender
Female

[spoiler=ICOOC Appearance]
WxVTshv.png
Height: 5'3"
original image

2jkjj5t.png

"That's some nice treasure you got there..."

ICIC Information

Handle
CalypZoe

ICIC Age

[spoiler=ICIC Appearance]
NYeYF9i.png
Height: 5'6"
original image
voice

ICIC Gender
Female

General Information

Personality
Zoey fits the bill of a thief to the tea - she is very cunning, using deception, manipulation, and basically anything she can do to get things to go her way, whether she wants someone to do something for her or she wants something like money. She's also very used to getting things to go her way, making her very spoiled. However, she's not completely selfish - at the very least, she understands that others need to be happy in order for her to get her way.  She is very determined - once she sets her mind on something, there is no letting go of that idea. 

There are only 2 things that Zoey loves without a doubt in this world - money, and the ocean. She is also a big fan of pirates, which has to do with her personal longing for adventure. For this reason, she tries to play a pirate (or whatever is closest to one) a pirate in any game she can. This longing for adventure is also why she plays games like this in general. This is also why her primary focus in any game is to first and for-most explore the world, while also becoming one of the richest players in said game. 

Western Zodiac
Aquarius

Eastern Zodiac
Snake

Tarot
Wheel of Fortune

Class
Thief

Color
Azure

Archived