Overreach [OOC, Signups, PG-16]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=The Rambunctious Retiree (Hard WIP)]

RPer: Kinka-Byo (might change) Alias: Aez (this won't change)
ICOOC Name: Evelyn Spivey
ICOOC Age: 80 years old
ICOOC Appearance: Evelyn is old, yet has somehow maintained a relatively healthy lifestyle, which makes her appear to be in her early 60s. Her straight gray hair is cut short, about shoulder length, and hangs down loosely. Her face is made up of a pair of salt-and-pepper eyebrows, turned slightly down nearing the bridge of her slight hook-nose, placed right above her bright green-hazel eyes, which draw attention away from her crow's feet, and her pencil-thin lips, which have sunken in to outline her teeth ever so slightly, form a sweet, innocent smile one would expect from a grandmother.  Will continue and/ or find a dollmaker
ICOOC Gender: She's the best darn Grandma you've ever seen. 
Handle: Grand Evil-Lyin (Pronounced Lie-in)
ICIC Age: 34 years
ICIC Appearance: Noice lookin 50's guy-esque. Will write a descriptive description later.

tumblr_lnto0xZrDg1qlsnweo1_500.jpg
ICIC Gender: Male
Personality: Like the 50's Husband: Sexist and in-charge, and definitely condescending. Will expand later.
W. Zodiac: Pisces 
E. Zodiac: Rat
Tarot: Temperance
Class: Ranger
Color: Violet (Closest thing to pink she could get)

Here's a basic rundown:

At each 5th Level, you get a new ability based on the interactions of your Class and Zodiac signs. If you have the right combinations of Class and Zodiac, you'll wind up with certain specific bonuses.

For example, if you want to be a healer specifically, the best combination would be Mage, Aquarius, and Monkey.

And what about maybe necromancy, what combination could be good for that? I'm already thinking about a character and necromancy would fit her well.

And i know that it's weird but maybe like a necromancer that has access to some light/holy spells/abilities.

I've already put down more information than I intended.

Also, KB, are you fine with us starting without you, and you just join in slightly late?

That's fine with me. Evelyn needs time to "mature" anyways. That and I have non-stop choir and writting to do this weekend. 

To explain what I meant by the Focus explanation, here's an example.

Say Character A has 15 FOC (the maximum), and Character B has 10 FOC (the minimum).

Because Character A has higher FOC, only Character A can land critical hits.

The formula for critical hit chance, then, could be calculated by (A-B)/A, which gives Character A a 1 in 3 chance of a crit.

Also, even though some of you are RPing people who aren't exactly team players, I'm tempted to help corral you into being a single party.

You're the host, it's up to you. Or rather, I'd recommend it, would make the IC roll more smoothly since everyone can interact with everyone else. Have fun getting that to happen though.

Oh, almost forgot the explanation for the Colors:

White equipment is the single best, in terms of raw stats, but doesn't have bonus effects . . . or if it does, they're counterbalanced by negative effects.

Red is generally an aggressive and selfish color, providing offensive stat boosts, lowering the stats of enemies on contact, and inflicting status effects like Burn and Bleed (full list of status effects in a new spoiler in the OP).

Orange is a "leader" color- it provides sweeping stat boosts to an equipped player's party, but not as high as the ones Red or Yellow provide. It makes up for this by being generally second best in raw stats to White. It occasionally inflicts status effects.

Yellow is definitely a support color, with a wide array of status buffs to both itself and the party available, and only it and Ebon can have the "Cash Flow" bonus, which increases the chance of drops, and gold obtained via drops.

Green is the color best suited for tanks and Rangers- its average equipment stats are second worst to Ebon, and most of its bonuses are inherently defensive in nature like self-healing and the ability to shake off status effects. However, the reason a Ranger may want Green is "Seep", a bonus effect that heals the user for half the damage they deal with a particular weapon- Green and Black are the only colors with "Seep".

Azure is a very passive color: however, that works in its favor with bonus effects that trigger on hit or when the opponent inflicts it with status effects (if you're familiar with Pokémon, Azure has things like Guts, Counter, Revenge, Static/Poison Point/Flame Body, Blaze/Torrent/Overgrowth, etc).

Violet is a cruel color, built entirely on inflicting every status effect in the game, in every way possible. For this reason, every Class short of Lancers would benefit from Violet equipment.

Ebon equipment has garbage-tier stats, which is more than made up for by the myriad of bonus effects it has: endgame Ebon items can have as many as 8 extra abilities! Inflicting and curing status effects, passive abilities, aggressive abilities, stat ups and downs out the wazoo, you name it, Ebon can do it. Whether this makes up for the horrible raw stats of these items depends on what you get.

Brown is the definition of mediocrity. Brown equipment does a bit of everything, but isn't as good at any of it as the specialized colors. In fact, what makes it special is that literally anyone can use Brown equipment.

Note: Mages get spells that line up with their color.

A player using equipment the same color they are gets the bonus of that equipment being impossible to steal off them (unless they die). A player cannot equip any items of the opposite color they are (Red/Green, Orange/Azure, Yellow/Violet, White/Ebon). A player takes increased damage from equipment the opposite color they are.

Archived