[Finished][Striker] YCM Modern Warfare

Quickscope Dragon

LV 7

FIRE

Dragon/Effect

2500/1400

You can banish 2 Dragon-Type monsters from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card. Once during either players turn, you can discard 1 card; destroy 1 face-up card on the field. While this card is in the Graveyard, you can Banish it; Send 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=RIP chances of coming anywhere in this]

Speed Spin Dragon

WIND

[Dragon/Tuner/Effect]

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

ATK/2500 DEF/2000

If you control a non-tuner WIND monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but banish it when it leaves the field, also its original ATK and DEF is halved. Cannot be used as Xyz or Synchro material, except for the Summon of a Dragon-type monster. Once per turn, you can target 1 WIND non-tuner monster you control: If this card would be used for a Synchro Summon with the targeted monster, you can treat this card as any level from 1 to 6.

[spoiler=Pertinent fun]It's for making Clear Wing and Crystal Wing in Speedroids basically, the laziest design you will ever see and not remotely close to placing in this contest.

Mythical High King Dragunic

DARK - lvl 8 - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 2950 atk 650 def

(1 Dragon-type Normal monster + 1 Dragon-type Synchro, Fusion or Xyz monster)

This card's fusion summon cannot be negated. This card can only be Fusion Summoned and cannot be summoned any other way. Your opponent cannot select any Dragon-type monster as the target(s) of card effects. Once per turn, you can special summon 1 Dragon-type monster from your hand and/or 1 Dragon-type monster from your graveyard. Your opponent cannot activate effect in response to the summoning of a Dragon-type monster.

With the way the second effect is worded, it's basically a buff to Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. "And/Or" implies that it can summon 2 dragons per turn and your opponent can't do anything about it. If it just summoned 1 dragon from one place or the other then it would acceptable, but with the way I'm reading it, I don't consider this balanced.

It can only be fusion summoned, so it can't revive copies of itself. However, its fusion materials don't make it a worthwhile investment.

Flavor isn't easy to judge here. Is this inspired by anything? It doesn't even have archetype support other than generic dragon support.

It's Azure-Eyes White Dragon with a buff. That's not really original since Azure-Eyes outclasses this in terms of playability. So, for originality, I'm not seeing it. This seems like you just added a buff and a summoning condition to an already existing monster.

Balance: 7/15

Playability: 10/15

Flavor: 5/10

Originality: 6/10

Total: 28/50

With the way the second effect is worded, it's basically a buff to Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. "And/Or" implies that it can summon 2 dragons per turn and your opponent can't do anything about it. If it just summoned 1 dragon from one place or the other then it would acceptable, but with the way I'm reading it, I don't consider this balanced.

It can only be fusion summoned, so it can't revive copies of itself. However, its fusion materials don't make it a worthwhile investment.

Flavor isn't easy to judge here. Is this inspired by anything? It doesn't even have archetype support other than generic dragon support.

It's Azure-Eyes White Dragon with a buff. That's not really original since Azure-Eyes outclasses this in terms of playability. So, for originality, I'm not seeing it. This seems like you just added a buff and a summoning condition to an already existing monster.

Damn, Ghost is harsh af

[spoiler=my scores]

cardgameking

Mythical High King Dragunic

DARK - lvl 8 - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 2950 atk 650 def

(1 Dragon-type Normal monster + 1 Dragon-type Synchro, Fusion or Xyz monster)

This card's fusion summon cannot be negated. This card can only be Fusion Summoned and cannot be summoned any other way. Your opponent cannot select any Dragon-type monster as the target(s) of card effects. Once per turn, you can special summon 1 Dragon-type monster from your hand and/or 1 Dragon-type monster from your graveyard. Your opponent cannot activate effect in response to the summoning of a Dragon-type monster.

----

Dragon Sage

Wish Granting Dragon Soul Jar

1 Dragon-type monster + 1 Spellcaster-type monster

Must first be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon. During either player's turn, if you would pay a cost to activate an effect: You can place 1 Wish Counter on this card instead. You can only activate this effect of "Wish-Granting Dragon Soul Jar" once per turn. During the End Phase, if this card has 3 Wish Counters, destroy it (this effect cannot be negated). If this card is destroyed: You can target banished monsters, up to the number of Wish Counters this card had when it was destroyed; Add 1 of those to your hand, then return the rest of them, (if any), to the Graveyard.

I'm a little bit shaky on placing counters to pay costs. The hard OPT does make up for it to a point, but I don't like it being a quick effect. Destroying itself to recycle banished monsters does give viability in Chaos Dragons. I have to say, it does have a easy time being playable in Pepe, a deck that really doesn't need more support. Cost avoiding is something not seen often. Flavor-wise, I'm not seeing any.

Playability: 12/15

Originality: 8/10

Total: 32/50

----

mikel.

Of Brilliance in Dragons of Light

During either player's turn: You can discard this card, then target 1 Dragon-type Synchro, Fusion or Xyz Monster you control; return it to the Extra Deck, then, if all the Materials that were used for its Summon are in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon all of them. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster you control and declare a Level less than or equal to this card's Level; it becomes that Level until the end of this turn. While you control another Dragon-Type monster, this card ATK/DEF is equal the number of cards on the field x200.

So, it tags out a dragon summoned from the extra deck and brings back the materials? I see a slight problem with this and monsters like Quasar, that get their effects when they leave the field. Though, that shouldn't be a problem unless you just really want Shooting Star Dragon. It can also dodge targeting effects or, if pushed far enough, enable OTKs. This seems just bland to be honest. It's just an XYZ/synchro enabler like Gagaga Magician and Star Drawing.

Balance: 10/15

Playability: 8/15

Flavor: 6/10

Total: 30/50

----

The Taken King

Phantasmal Dragon

P Eff: You can banish 2 face-up Dragon-Type Pendulum Monsters from your Extra Deck; Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone.

M Eff: Once per turn: You can discard a card from your hand; this card can attack your opponent directly this turn, but when it does so using this effect, the battle damage inflicted to your opponent is halved. If this Special Summoned card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate effects until the end of the Damage Step.

I'm a sucker for OTKs. The summoning condition in the PE I'm not too comfortable with. Just lower it by 1 and we're good. The attack directly effect though is great. Anything that can attack directly is alright in my book.

Playability: 12/15

Total: 34/50

----

Dova

Evolsaur Theras

Cannot be Normal Summon/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by banishing 1 Dragon, Dinosaur, and Reptile-type monster from your Graveyard. If your opponent activates a card or effect: You can banish 1 Dragon-type monster from your Graveyard; Negate that card or effect, and if you do, destroy it. If your opponent would Summon a monster(s): You can banish 1 Dinosaur-type monster from your Graveyard; Negate that card or effect, and if you do, destroy it. During either player's turn: You can banish 1 Reptile-type monster from your Graveyard; This card is unaffected by other card's effects this turn. You can only use 1 of these effects of "Evolzar Theras" per turn, and only once that turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 of your banished Dragon, Dinosaur, and Reptile-type monsters to your hand.

Dova, get back to reviewing the crap I put out this instant young man!

The summoning condition is too high for my taste. Banishing 2 monsters would of done it just fine. Other than that, this seems okay. Once per turn, it can stop your opponent from doing something, but its hard OPT prevents spammability.

Flavor: 7/10

Total: 33/50

----

Enguin

Speed Spin Dragon

WIND

[Dragon/Tuner/Effect]

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

ATK/2500 DEF/2000

If you control a non-tuner WIND monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but banish it when it leaves the field, also its original ATK and DEF is halved. Cannot be used as Xyz or Synchro material, except for the Summon of a Dragon-type monster. Once per turn, you can target 1 WIND non-tuner monster you control: If this card would be used for a Synchro Summon with the targeted monster, you can treat this card as any level from 1 to 6.

This has quite some possibilities. I get that it's suppose to be for Speedroid, but it also gives other WIND archetypes, like Harpie, the ability to make some nice level 10(at highest) synchro plays. The summoning condition is fair enough.

Balance: 13/15

Originality: 7/10

Total: 36/50

----

XOXO(not really)

Quickscope Dragon

LV 7

FIRE

Dragon/Effect

2500/1400

You can banish 2 Dragon-Type monsters from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card. Once during either players turn, you can discard 1 card; destroy 1 face-up card on the field. While this card is in the Graveyard, you can Banish it; Send 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.

The quick effect is nice, but I think its OPT "once" is redundant since 3 of them can do it, revive, then do it again. It would be fine if it was just a once per turn effect. Its final effect sets up for dragon plays, like with Silver Cry or Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. However, the summoning condition is very reminiscent of Dragon Rulers, which makes me see this as an attempt to balance them. Also, where is this being summoned from? Just your hand?

Playability: 7/15

Total: 30/50

----

cardlover3

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned by banishing one light and one dark monster in your graveyard. This card counts as a light monster while face-up on the field and in the graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard one card from your hand to add one light or one dark monster from your banished zone to your graveyard. There can only be one "Ecliptic Edge" monster on your field at a time.

It's nice for the Chaos playstyle. It can recover banished monsters to set up for more plays. However, moving them back to the graveyard isn't as practical as adding them to hand. Also, this only seems to benefit 1 deck, whereas other chaos monsters can be teched.

Playability: 6/15

Total: 29/50

----

TheEternalDolphin

Dictator Dragon | LEVEL 8

FIRE | Dragon | Effect

2900/2500

----

Unaffected by Trap Cards and their effects. This card can attack twice during each Battle Phase. During either player's Main Phase 1: You can Tribute 1 monster; Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard). When you do: Your opponent cannnot activate Trap Cards and their effects, also negate the effects of all Trap Cards your opponent controls. These changes last until the end of this turn. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect. You can only use this effect of "Dictator Dragon" once per turn.

Well, hello there Jinzo on steroids. That is a neat OTK card right there. However, negating just your opponent's cards makes this a little on the OP side.

Playability: 8/15

Originality: 7/10

Total: 32/50

Did I miss anything?

Archived