[TCG] February 2016 Adjustment List

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost agreed there.

Plush + Luster at 1, with a Wavering limit and a Juggler unlimit would have made it perfect

Ignister isn't that card that turbo's through your deck and nets you the Cydra Raff cancer fields 

You can't get the Cydra Raff cancer fields with Luster anyway, and you STILL can't get the field anyway, because Ptol is now banned.

So.. point?

You can't get the Cydra Raff cancer fields with Luster anyway, and you STILL can't get the field anyway, because Ptol is now banned.

So.. point?

Luster is the #2 (or arguably #1) culprit in making Plushfire the monster it is. Plush Luster is what gets you that field presence. And even without Ptolo, Luster is basically the best card after Wizard with play using Ariadne as OCG has proven. It was the correct and beautiful hit, it it

1)Weakens Ariadne

2)Weakens Ignister

3)Weakens Clash

Almost agreed there.

Plush + Luster at 1, with a Wavering limit and a Juggler unlimit would have made it perfect

Ignister isn't that card that turbo's through your deck and nets you the Cydra Raff cancer fields

no like how do u still manage to screw up if u agree

Limiting Dracoslayer is essentially limiting Ignister

In going to have to address ur awful pepe theory afterwards zzzzz if I have the time

Because game balance is important? Why else? :v If anything people should be really happy about this change apart from the fact that Sorc is still legal.

It's more the hits themselves I'm annoyed at, not the CONCEPT of them. I pretty much agree with Winter 100% on why half the hits are dumb, and the fact they do this so soon after the set releases is...odd.

Also, the whole "Adjustment" thing is weird as hell. Why not just wait a month and make an actual list, or something?

I assume that Towers can pretty easily be unbanned post UTL and such, in large a convergence might not be that unrealistic to hope for

The formats, are pretty much in agreement about Shaddolls, Super Poly unbanned on TCG side, Games to 3 on OCG side

Qlis is just a matter of fixing Towers. 

TCG can limit Shadow Mist and Stratos while OCG can unlimit Mali

Nekroz are matter of philosophy, personally like the OCG method of hitting it better though

At that point it's just the elephant in the room. Duster + Trapline up

I'd rather put Scout to 2 and make Qliphort Monarchs in TCG

Right, TCG limited scout didn't we. Um sure, Towers to 3, Scout to 2, everyone is happy. With Dusty and Twin Twisty, Skill Drain to 3 is a non issue

funk, Wizard is down to 25 dollars.

I wonder if Cydra Infinity and Galaxy Soldier could work

From what I gathered, this adjustment is for official tournaments, and is optional for local tournaments/etc to adopt, because it's NOT a change to the current banlist.

But it's likely that these WILL be added to the official banlist when the time comes.

Yeah, dgz is ripe with people predicting an OCG / TCG convergence by the end of the year, so there is a fair bit of work to be done on that front

So this is, what, the second time they are doing this "emergency ban" thing?

First time, if I remember correctly, was when Brionac was released.

Either way...

They killed off Performages/Performage variants/etc.

Greeeaaaaaaaaat........ :/

3rd/4th

Return DAD format with DMoC and Dim Fu

Cyber Stein in 2006

Brio

now this

Oh boy.

>Plushfire and Damajuggler banned, Luster Pendulum at 1

OH BABY. Yes please. No searching for PeDra/PePe/Pew Pew is fine by me.

>Ptolemaeus banned, SKULLCROBAT AND MONKEYBOARD AT 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

The only thing that could make this ANY better would be Sorc banned/at 1.

no like how do u still manage to screw up if u agree

In going to have to address ur awful pepe theory afterwards zzzzz if I have the time

Since you're too busy, asleep, good to respond, I might as well explain. 

What were my changes:

Limit Plushfire

Limit Wavering Eyes

Unlimit Juggler on top of the current TCG hits

Let's look into this. Without 3 luster and the Monkey-Crobat engine, what's the easiest way to trigger the now best scale-floater, Ariadne? Wavering Eyes. WE will always be a blow out in a pendulum mirror match, it was Qlis, now it's PEPE, it'll be something else next. Much like the Honest stacks, wavering eyes is dumb at multiples. Both players drawing a limited card and chaining them at the same time is rather unrealistic to see, but it could still happen yes?

*cues* Juggler. This card should never have gotten hit on either list. It stops damage, thus hindering cards like Clown, RoD, and Wavering Eyes. Is it a searcher in the grave, have use in the hand and have a toolbox from the deck? Sure, but it's not quite on rulers scale still there. Wavering Eyes should be a power card you need to save and use properly. And having 3 Juggler on top of WE being limited makes it resolving and blowing the field out a lot less likely.

So Plushfire now? That's not hard at all. Luster is limited, so no +2 Plush plays there. Wizard won't be as easy to get and getting both Plush-Wizard set up for a rather mediocre Plush float really won't advance pepe that much. A limited Plush is in effect an OPT'd Plush, or at best case a TPT'd plush. Furthermore, the luster limit, effectively limits Ignister unless you run bad cards like Masked. So plushing off that isn't fast or reliable either. Wavering is also limited, if anything, plush existing at 1 would just prevent a player from being OTK'ed as often by the likes of monarch or such. Hardly ban worth. 

Although, If you're gonna try to tear down a person, atleast finish mate

Archived