[Leaderboard] Dova vs. Striker (Cards are up)

Dova

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Striker has 48 hours to accept the challenge.
-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.
-The contest ends a week after it starts.

Requirement:
Create a Rank 9 Xyz Monster.

Card A:

Galactus, Devourer of Worlds
DARK, Rank 9
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2600/2100
2 Level 9 monsters
You can only control 1 "Galactus, Devourer of Worlds". You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 7 or 8 Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) When this card is Xyz Summoned: Negate the effects of all other cards on the field. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish 1 card your opponent controls, and if you do, this card cannot declare an attack this turn.

Card B:

Daytol of the Immortal Plane
LIGHT
Fairy/Xyz/Effect
2500/3500
2 Level 9 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a Rank 7 or 8 Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card. You can only Special Summon one "Daytol of the Immortal Plane" this way per turn.) Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish all monsters you control until your next Standby Phase, and if you do, when this card is returned to the field, you can attach 1 monster from your Graveyard to this card as Xyz Material. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Your opponent cannot banish cards you control, also you are unaffected by their card effects that would prevent you from banishing cards. These effects last until the end of this turn.

Probably busy studying for exams (which I should be doing instead of being here at the moment), but that aside, let's go.

Card A negates stuff and is effectively a non-targeting banish version of Dracossack, so gets around a lot of the common stuff that has targeting/destruction immunity which is cool. On that note, you can Rank-Up for it after you destroy something via Draco (or off a used one) and then negate everything else. Honestly, I wish the stats were a little higher for a Rank 9; while 26/21 is still respectable, a lot of common R7/8 stuff outclass it stat-wise. Otherwise, it's nice and simple for what it does.

Card B is awkward; there is no reason why I'd want to banish my entire field for an entire turn and leave myself open to a direct attack by the opponent, especially given how OTK-oriented this game is getting lately. The detach effect is probably okay for stopping Dark Law's banishing effect or something or in some Kozmo deck so you can get your pilot/spaceship plays going without problem (though that only applies to Imperial Iron Wall for now). I don't know; you can probably banish your field to get rid of any stat drops or negated effects, but unless you have considerable backrow (or the opponent bricks on their following turn), banishing your own field just tells the opponent to kill you already. 

----

Voting for A on this one.

(Konami, make support for Level/Rank 9 in the future; kthxbai)

Archived