Aix

Quest RP  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which idea would you like?

• Holy Sword
    • Cherry Heart
    • Other
    • Any of the above is fine

Who would be interested in an episodic series of RPs? Each RP will be relatively short and feature a single objective, aka a quest. There will be a common setting (a headquarters of some sort) and a recurring cast of characters, although new characters can be continually introduced and old ones removed. RPers can even join and leave. There will be no limit on the number of players or characters, however each Quest may have a limit.

I will be the primary GM for the sake of having someone in charge, but anyone involved is free to create and host these quests or if anyone has ideas, but doesn't want to host it they can just speak up.

These are two ideas I have down, although if you have any other ideas, please tell me below in the comments.

[spoiler=Holy Sword]A dark fantasy featuring the fictional empire of Arkland, reminiscent of medieval Europe with religious extremism, racism, and misogyny. This RP has the characters on the side of questionable morality, and potentially commit brutal acts.

Although Arkland is ruled by the Emperor, the Church of the Allfather dominates all affairs and holds great sway with the populace and nobility alike. Their claim to fame lies not only with allowing devouts entrance into the afterlife, as the churches in our history did, but also the Holy Sword Order who protect the people from the forces of darkness, which are very real in this world. Goblins, ogres, evil spirits, and most dangerous of all—witches, people who gained monstrous powers by selling their soul to the Mother of Darkness.

The primary setting of this RP is the newly founded Estrian Branch of the Holy Sword Order. The former Kingdom of Estria was only recently conquered by Arkland and its people are being oppressed and forcefully converted to the faith of the Allfather. Rebel factions still run rampant and the entire state is in a state of chaos. To make things worst, the region was gifted to the Emperor's incompetent little brother.

In these harsh times, there is more people than ever who succumb to darkness and become witches. It is up to you to protect the land from these monstrous beings and more with nothing but your sword, your wits, and extreme tenacity.

[spoiler=Cherry Heart]A light-hearted fantasy.

Arbolia is a land of magic, where one in ten people hold the power to command the forces of the supernatural. Since antiquity, these people have banded together to form guilds in the pursuit of adventure, wealth, or knowledge. Loved by the common folk, they contribute to the peace and prosperity of the land by accepting the people's requests. Among these guilds, there is one whose name resonates throughout the history of Arbolia. That name is Cherry Heart.

Since its destruction 500 years ago, numerous people have tried to claim the name, but the Magical Guild Index still lists Cherry Heart as active. Now, momentous news spreads through Arbolia—Cherry Heart is open and recruiting!

This RP is based off Fairy Tail, but will be set in a completely different universe. Worldbuilding will be done as we go. The episodic format allows us time to brainstorm between Quests.

If you're gonna do Cherry Heart, at least just drop the pretense and set it in the Fairy Tail canon.

I'd rather Holy Sword, though. Been looking for a more "classically fantastic" RP for a while now, but none of them have tickled my fancy.

Real question tho: how many posts would you expect each of these units to go on for? 30, 60, 90 posts?

If you're gonna do Cherry Heart, at least just drop the pretense and set it in the Fairy Tail canon.

I'd rather Holy Sword, though. Been looking for a more "classically fantastic" RP for a while now, but none of them have tickled my fancy.

Real question tho: how many posts would you expect each of these units to go on for? 30, 60, 90 posts?

Fairy Tail canon is boring compared to what we can imagine! I don't like canon settings for the most part.

I'm not sure of exact numbers. It seems like a length just barely short enough for YCM to finish though.

Archived