Making my own video game(s) [Interest Check]

cr47t

Interest Check  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you, as a member of YCM, be willing to help me brainstorm for ideas?

2. 2. If we do this, how shall we brainstorm?

• Make a brainstorm PM with me (which includes multiple YCMers besides me)
    • Make a brainstorm thread
    • Other
    • Don't care
  3. 3. If I am to make a brainstorm thread, where shall I post it?

• General subforum
    • Anime subforum
    • VG subforum
    • Somewhere in Creative Commons
    • Other
    • Don't care

So I am making my own video games now, and plan on publishing them someday. I have a few ideas that I am working/will work on, but there is one particular idea that I want to share with the YCM community. I am doing this because I am stuck on ideas for it.

Since I am protective of the content of my games to avoid piracy, but this is what I am willing to share (and what I have so far); it is an anime-styled real-time RPG in 3D, and tries to bring together traits from the cultures of both the USA and Japan. (By real-time RPG, I mean not a turn-based RPG, but one that has constant action and forces you to keep up with it.) This is why I wanted to share this one with YCM: I think that YCM can help me work with the mix of the two cultures part. I would like to hear any ideas you have.

So I plan on making a brainstorm thread somewhere on YCM, but first I want to know if you guys are willing to help me come up with ideas. That is why I have made a poll above.

Ideas are definitely my thing.  Implementing said ideas are also a strong suit.  Perseverance though... yeah, I'm in a similar boat with Taken here.  That said, I'd be more than willing to help/offer suggestions and ideas.

I'm just curious, anything inspire you to follow up on this genre or was this a long-standing idea?

@tythe: It's OK if you don't think you have perseverance, you don't really need to for me. Also, to answer your question, this has been a long-standing idea of mine, and the main reason i'm following up on this genre is because I want to try something new.

I have a few other game ideas (which I will probably have finished before this one) but none of them have this kind of style. Plus, I'm doing the whole anime thing blind, using only the few snipits of what I do know to use besides stuff from my own imagination. So yeah.

@Des: It's ok, that's really all I'm asking.

Archived