Yu-Gi-Oh! Reborn Arc 1: Our King [IC]

JessicaMuddy

Ken looked round the waiting room with a mild sense of disgust. He had been among the last to enter the room, and was disappointed by what he saw. All this being friendly crap, when they may have to crush each other in the ring? Didn't make sense to him. Equally confusing to Ken was the topless kid's behaviour, laughing at nothing Ken could to see. 

"Freak..." he muttered. Just because he had something wrong in his head he thought he could ignore everyone else in favour of some freaking cards whenever he chose? It annoyed Ken, but it also made the hairs on the back of his neck raise. Shaking his head, before he decided to continue to survey his opponents, the next one he noticed was a pale, red-eyed guy chatting to some girl in a hoodie. After this, Ken quickly grew bored of looking and began shuffling his deck.

I'll have to avoid using some of the cards for as long as possible, so the Dojo won't know it is me... But I'll use them when necessary. Preoccupied with his thoughts, he decided to simply wait until the duels began. Let them wonder what his deal was, he decided. Keep them on edge, before bring that edge down on top of them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w3RO5FK.jpglarge.jpg

Kyoko felt the anxiety building within her as the crowd grew in density. She approached the entrance of the stadium faster than she had expected but still felt as if she were dragging along.

A fairly pretty (but obviously not very smart) receptionist took her name and wrote down a series of numbers that Kyoko assumed identified her among the other duelists. Numbers are easier to work with than names.

A sigh tempted its way out of her throat and was stopped suddenly as she stepped into the grand entrance. The number of people waiting outside the stadium was nothing compared to the thousands that lined the plastic seats and littered the gathering areas. There was a maze of ropes separating the duelists from the patrons, but that didn't stop flocks of fans from surrounding the more famous duelists, begging for autographs. Kyoko found the staffs attempts at calming the chaos amusing for a short while before she became distracted by the arena.

She had heard of action duel arenas, but had never seen one. There were several purple platforms floating effortlessly above the arena that glowed on every corner in fluorescent and inviting colors.

She was in awe, never before had Kyoko seen something so grand and sanitary. After a moment of gawking she shook her head and refocused. She was clearly out of her element. After a second of resisting the urge, she pulled her card Highpriestess Metalus from her deck. Kyoko had never been the type to believe in duel spirits, she felt people talking to thin air were slightly insane. But something about holding her prized dragon in her hand was a comfort. Her comfort was cut short when she noticed another entrant approach her. He was rather thin with long hair (for a male) that was a brighter shade of blond than her own. Embarrassed she shoved the card back into her deck.

He was too close for her to turn and walk away, it would be too obvious, so she sighed quietly to herself and attempted a fake smile as he approached.

“Hey there.” He extended his hand awkwardly, while his eyes flicked to a point next to next to her. “I’m Ryuu. Ryuu Michio.” It was easy to tell the guy wasn’t comfortable, as he kept glancing at that same empty space, while his face remained almost impassive. “You looking forward to the tournament?”

“Oh! Hello.” Kyoko pretended to be surprised, hoping he had not noticed her mentally thanking her favorite monster. “I’m Kyoko Azikairu.” she took his hand firmly, possibly a little too firmly from his slight wince, and half grinned. “I'm more here to watch people duel, I don't expect to go very far in the tournament… I hope to learn a few things really.” She hated to admit that the boy seemed attractive. He was obviously shy, reminding her of herself in many ways.

“Yeah, same here,” Ryuu responded, slightly more enthusiastically than before. He stood there awkwardly for a few more seconds before retracting his hand.

Many of the other duelists around them were making their way around the entrance, greeting each other and acquainting themselves. The quirky girl she found herself in line behind was being almost stalked by three other duelists, one of them literally doubled over laughing like a maniac.

“So…” Kyoko couldn’t find the words to say and hoped to find some excuse to leave and sit by herself. Unexplainably, however, she felt obligated to continue the conversation with Ryuu. “Do you know any other duelists who are entering the tournament?”

Maybe he will leave and go talk to them.

“No, not really. I don’t know any people here at all as far as I know. You?”

I don’t know anyone anymore… “I’m from out of town, no one I know is here.” She scuffed her shoe onto the concrete floor and watched as a piece of gum stuck to the bottom. “Son of a b-”

“TO ALL RESIDENTS OF SEADOWN CITY! It is the current Duel Champion, Tendra Thunderham! I am delivering this message to you to tell you that the opening ceremony is soon, and I am pleased to be able to see all of your faces cheering for myself, or a possible new Calisdo King!" Kyoko was cut off but the booming sound of loud speakers. His voice only further proved her initial assumptions. She looked up and saw the blimp floating past again, Tendra looking even more determined (and cocky) than he had before.

“Okay… Well I guess I better be off, they should be expecting the entrants now.”

“Alright, I’ll see you lat-” Ryuu stopped short, and glared at that same empty place as he did before. After an awkward few seconds of silence, he sighed, then asked, “Hey, do you mind if I come with you?”

Curious but defeated Kyoko nodded and together they headed towards the nearest receptionist to prepare for their duels.

Takao looked around, not knowing what to do "I wonder where i'm supposed to go..." Takao tried to look for someone that looked like they knew what they were doing, finding no one doing something different from the others, he wondered if he was supposed to do anything before the opening ceremony. He wondered if they stayed where they were, if there was a special room for them, if anything! He may of missed something before while in the line or he was just not paying attention. He had heard the announcement by Tendra, but that hadn't told him anything. He was hoping to find someone that could help him.

x393wz.jpg

JNffZY6.pngv565acN.jpg

Hayato, along with his new buddy Steven, entered the packed room as some of the last contestants. Parting ways, both headed in opposite directions, and Hayato sat down directly before the window which faced the currently empty field.

After only a couple of minutes of being inside, Sam was practically assaulted. Two boys tried to start up a conversation with her, and one was met with extreme laughter from the hottie topless boy. Before she had a chance to respond, however, the crowd of the stadium began to quiet down, as a man rose from the centre of the Action Field.

By the time all the duelists had arrived in the competitors section, there were at least a hundred. And as the last one stepped into the door, the rumbling of drums echoed throughout the stadium. An announcer with a zany and upbeat voice began.

“A’iight evaryboday! Have we got a show fo’ you today-ah!”

The crowd whistled and cheered with excitement and he gave a thumbs up. “No time to lose, so let’s-ah intraduce tha one, tha only, Tendra Thundaham!”

Suddenly blaring horns sounded from the siren above, spinning and flashing bright red. Many of those in the crowd muttered to each other, wondering if there was an emergency. And it sure did look like there was. A tall figure, a man, started falling from the blimp, plummeting towards his demise.

“ACTION FIELD, ON!”

It was Tendra Thunderham. All around the stadium, holograms showed a Field Spell card: Gateway to the Thunderlands. Materializing into the centre of the arena came an impossibly huge door, partially opened. It was hard to see inside the door, but those that could could see a white abyss, with many bolts of lightning crackling within it.

Tendra continued to fall towards the stadium from many hundreds of metres above, but as he did, he activated his pure white Duel Disk while simultaneously pulling a white card out of it. Still freefalling, the man activated the white card.

“COME TO MY AID, THUNDERCLAP GATEWAY DRAGON!” Tendra’s voice resonated throughout the arena, obviously through a microphone of some sort. As soon as Tendra finished  his call for help, a screech came from the gate. Or rather, what was behind it. Both doors burst open, and the blue dragon which had helped Tendra win so many times before came out of it, kicking up large gusts of wind which blew over the seated crowd. Though, many of them were actually up on their feet, giving a standing ovation to the duelist as he landed on the dragon’s back. The winged monster circled around the arena, gathering more and more cheers, continuing to build hype for the upcoming battles.

Around the enormous gate were many large pillars. All were thin, but easy enough for a human to climb up, and each had the head of a dragon topping them off. After minutes of applause, the dragon slowed down, and Tendra stepped off into the top of of one of the eight tall stone structures. “WELCOME, ONE AND ALL, TO THE CALISDO KING TOURNAMENT!”

“Woah, it’s really him!” Hayato exclaimed from the confines of the room. Many of the other duelists in the room had the same reaction, and several stated to look around to see who else had an affection for the Duel Champion. As Hayato looked around the room, however, he noticed the giant figure of his resident demon. He just hoped Big Ben didn’t see him.

“CAN ALL DUELISTS PLEASE ENTER THE ACTION FIELD!” Tendra pointed at a set of doors barely visible to the viewer’s eye, but those in the waiting room saw it open right before them. Two security guards stood either side of them, motioning for the duelists to head out.

x393wz.jpg

"CAN ALL DUELISTS PLEASE ENTER THE ACTION FIELD" Takao perked up as he heard these words, staring at the champion himself, but he ended up listening to the champion and entered the action field.

Takao stared at the beautiful area around him. "Woah... so cool!" Takao exclaimed, touching the ground, feeling the texture. He looked around to see where the other duelists were heading, then looked back at the figure on his ace monster "So that is the man himself, Tendra..." Takao looked at his duel disk, and back at Tendra, he hoped he could stand a chance against the imposing figure. But he adverted his gaze to other areas of the arena, eyeing the gigantic gate in the middle "So cool..." Takao was amazed, he really was, at the field's realism.

"Well, it looks like things are getting interesting..." Takao looked at Tendra "and my goal is clear!"

CAN ALL DUELISTS PLEASE ENTER THE ACTION FIELD!

Steven, practically hopping with excitement, stepped forward with the crowd of competitors. The other duelists dispersed around him, walking to different parts of the Action Field, most of them keeping their eyes on the imposing figure above them. Even Steven found it hard to tear his eyes away from the high-standing Tendra.

Finally managing to break the spell the famous Duelist held, Steven looked around to see if he could find Hayato among the crowd around him. He eventually found him looking in awe at the rest of the Field around him. It sure would be fun to be able to duel against him if he got the chance.

Steven pulled his deck from his pocket, then chucked it up. Catching it as it fell, he had a quick glance at the top card. His ace monster, what luck. Steven grinned, filled with more confidence than ever before.

He raised his right arm, then slotted the deck into his Duel Disk with a little more vigour than was absolutely necessary. The brown device hummed softly, then emitted a large green glowing green blade.

Steven’s grin widened as his deck was shuffled. He had this.

CAN ALL DUELISTS PLEASE ENTER THE ACTION FIELD!

As Tendra made his entrance, Drago couldn't help but be impressed by the guy's guts, jumping from an airship onto the stadium. Considering that he was depending on a hologram to save him from becoming a fine paste, Tendra must really have faith in his monsters.

Drago broke into a bright smile and practiced a wink before walking through the door. "Awright! Let's do this!" He cheered, raising both arms over his head and stretching out his back, arms, neck, anything that he was going to use for the upcoming duels. After all, what's an Action Duel without action?

"Can all duelists please enter the action field!"

Sota followed the crowd onto the field, watching the few people he'd deemed significant enough to be a threat, one of them threw his deck into the air and put it into his duel disk, the strange shirtless guy began to stretch

"Hopefully my dueldisk modifications will work with action duels"

he thought as he realized he hadn't tested it yet. Sota tried to get as close the the holographic dragon as possible to examine it's realism

"It looks solid, based on his entrance it can interact with actual matter"

he mumbled as he took a final look at his dueldisk and turned it on. An orb in the center began to glow green as it emitted a holographic display of the devices states

"Good, everything's at full power, nothing seems to be broken, yet, lets try warm-up protocol" he thought.

"Activate standby mode" he said, directing his command towards a small microphone near the display orb.

Suddenly the metal blade expanded to full size and his deck was shuffled, the display read "Standby initiated, prepared to enter duel mode"

"Good, let's hope everybody get's a clear view of what you can do when this starts" he said to the device.

"​Whether or not i win is inconsequential as long as i'm noticed."

"Can all duelists please enter the action field!"

Akira headed out to the action field everyone was heading to only to see Tendra make a spectacular entrance with his main card. "Heh, what a show off," Akira looked to see some of the interesting duelists preparing for the up coming tournament. The guy who came up to talk with him and the girl apparently had a really high tech duel disk. "This is going to be one heck of a tournament," Akira was excited for this, even if he didn't show it, when he starts dueling though, hell show he's not much a laid back duelist.

The sight of Tendra seemingly interacting with the hologram of his dragon did peak Akira's interest. The fact the hologram was solid and interactable made Akira look through his deck a bit. "These action duels sound cool enough, hmmm... Radio, Transmitter, Speaker... Yep all here, welp, let's see where this goes."

large.jpgw3RO5FK.jpg

[spoiler=The Action Draws Near]

CAN ALL DUELISTS PLEASE ENTER THE ACTION FIELD!”

The crowd around Ryuu surged forward, the many people within chattering and twitching with excitement, but he just stood there, amazed by the realization that he was actually doing this. Tendra stood over them all, his face impassive, and Ryuu realized that, for once, his calm persona was being dented.

The whole arena radiated awe, and was designed to do so. While he had been in the Duel Arenas created solely by the Duel Disks he and his friends had used, the capabilities of this place’s projectors overwhelmed him as he stared at the many towers. Each one of looked so realistic that part of him wondered if they had somehow been cloaked then revealed, rather than generated. Ryuu placed a hand on the nearest one. Not a single flicker. Amazing.

He took a deep breath while rubbing his forehead, then caught sight of the girl standing next to him. Well, maybe the second time his personality had been dented. Ryuu hadn’t had much experience talking with people he didn’t know, and, while he pretended to be sociable among others, he had found it difficult talking to Kyoko. He didn’t feel attracted to her, as such, but had felt different when he started to converse with her.

Should we...you know, move forward?

Kyoko’s voice startled him out of his thoughts, as he wasn’t used to having anything close to a partner. Ryuu looked at her again, and was consumed with the urge to ask to split up. It was too stressful; it would be better for both of them if they were alone.

He opened his mouth to phrase the question, then noticed Herald standing by her. His friend’s eyes were hard, even more so than usual. What was this? His Duel Companion wasn’t the type to act like some sort of Fairy Godmother, guiding him towards his destiny or whatever. Why was Herald so set on keeping him with the girl?

Ryuu couldn’t sigh, as doing so again might throw even more confusion on Kyoko, but his shoulders drooped as he changed his question to a statement.

Yeah, sorry. Just...thinking.

Perhaps the sigh wouldn’t have mattered, as she looked confused enough as is. Well, confusion was probably not the right word for the look on her face; interest might’ve been closer to the mark. Ryuu would’ve grimaced, had he not been trying so desperately to regain his calm personality. He was not doing a good job of acting normal.

Catching sight of her moving in the corner of his eye, he turned his head slightly and noticed Kyoko taking her Duel Disk out of a compartment in her bag. It had a bright, clear, sheen, and was a colour somewhere between blue and green. Cyan, or even aquamarine came to mind.

After she had finished pulling it from the recesses of the bag, Kyoko attached it onto her arm, then proceeded to slot her deck from her pocket into it. After humming briefly, the device emitted a holographic crescent shaped blade with a flash of light.

Ryuu raised an eyebrow. “Interesting design.

Thanks, I guess.” Kyoko raised her arm, examining the Duel Disk more closely. “I got it after...a while ago. It’s taken me through a lot.”

Ryuu nodded, then glanced down at his own arm. He’d had his Duel Disk on from the start, as he rarely took it off. It’s main body was purple, and, while it was covered with softly glowing lights, it was a more physical model than Kyoko’s. Pressing a few buttons it, a thick sheet of metal slid out, then proceeded to slide out, layering itself on either side of the original section. While it was curved, unlike Kyoko’s it was even all the way through, more like an arc than a crescent.

Well, there’s certainly quite the variety in the contestants here.

Ryuu glanced at the girl standing next to him again. Kyoko was clearly just trying to make conversation, as she was looking uncomfortable again, but he had nothing better to add, so he might as well roll with it.

Yeah, I noticed,” he responded awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck has he turned to get another look at the arena to which they had barely entered.

Ryuu surveyed the Action Field, and realized, as he was not being consumed by awe, how true Kyoko’s comment actually was.There was a shirtless guy stretching, clearly unembarrassed by that fact, and a boy with the whitest hair Ryuu had ever seen. In the corner of his eye he saw that giant he had come close to in the waiting room, and on the other side he caught sight of a brown-haired duelist chuck their Deck into the air. Huh.

Ryuu turned his gaze towards Kyoko’s own deck, attached as it was to her Duel Disk. He considered asking her what kind of deck she used, but thought better of it. It would be better for both of them if they didn’t know what they were going up against, and besides, someone else might overhear them.

Well... good luck,” Kyoko said after another long moment of silence. Ryuu noticed her rubbing her wrist, possibly a nervous twitch.

With a bit more confidence, partially instilled from Herald’s unwavering look of determination, Ryuu wished her luck in return. From the looks of everyone around them, it was more than likely that they were going to need it.

mOT0LKD.png

The stadium was quite the venue. Thunderham sure did love his showy events, didn't he? It wasn't like Morgan blamed him; when one is the champion of a big city, one has to know how to keep the crowd excited. Winning in fact and winning in spirit were two very different things, after all. The tournament was to be conducted via Action Duels. This was where Morgan shone. Big monsters made it easy to move around, and against weaker-willed opponents made for a nice intimidation factor. Underhanded? Maybe a little. It worked, though.

That said, somebody was going to get wet. It wouldn't be Morgan; she saw to that. Her yellow attire probably stood out among the other duelists. She probably looked stupid. But, if the alternative was getting her suit wet, Morgan didn't mind looking stupid for a duel or two. She'd look far less stupid once her monsters started hitting the field, she figured. Morgan wanted the championship, if only to say she was the most powerful duelist in Seadown. Natural human instinct, that was. And then...

“WELCOME, ONE AND ALL, TO THE CALISDO KING TOURNAMENT!"

Showtime. Any second now, he'd ask the duelists to-

“CAN ALL DUELISTS PLEASE ENTER THE ACTION FIELD!”

Oh. That was faster than she'd expected. No opening speech? Maybe she was wrong about Thunderham knowing how to hype up the crowd after all. Clad in waterproof yellow and black, Morgan stepped through the doors alongside the other duelists, unceremoniously making her way to her designated position. There would be time for formalities after business concluded, after all. Double-checking her Duel Disk to ensure her deck was there in its entirety, Morgan smiled.

Let's see what happens, then.

Drago stopped stretching, and held one arm out to the side. The brand on his back, a Yin-Yang with a Chinese character in the white dot (岗, or Gang, meaning guard or sentinel.) glowed briefly, before the glow traveled across his back, revealing an unseen pattern, like cracks in his skin, until it stopped under his arms' bandages.

"<Sentinel Gauntlet! GO!>" He shouted, speaking in Chinese. Behind his voice, it sounded as though someone else was shouting it with him, like people interspersed among the crowd that nobody could see. As he shouted, the bandages on his left arm darkened, and they transformed into a metal vambrace, with a deck-holding device shaped like a dragon with the cards in its mouth. The eyes of the dragon-head glowed, and from it shot two blots of energy, forming a pair of crescent blades that intersected so there was a blade behind and in front of the gauntlet.

"Let's roll!" He cheers, punching the air above him and grinning broadly.

“CAN ALL DUELISTS PLEASE ENTER THE ACTION FIELD!”

​With a rather over dramatic cry, Tendra called the challengers onto the battlefield. Looking round, Ken felt a nervous twinge. 

This may not have been my best idea. 

While backing out of the competition would have lowered his standing, losing on live TV would be far worse. Not to mention, the Dojo could have eyes on him right now, eyes he just couldn't see, eyes that weren't even human... Also, he had never actually competed in an Action Duel. While he knew the theory, the Dojo was too old-fashioned and his duels around Seadown tended to be conducted in back alleys, with no room for an Action Field. Grimacing, he activated his Duel Disk, and his lips twitched upwards slightly on seeing the familiar black, grey trimmed blade and stood a little straighter.

In for a penny, in for a pound

x393wz.jpg

JNffZY6.pngv565acN.jpg

Tendra leaped from his seated position, and once more his dragon provided footing, and the beast hovered mere meters from the gathered duelists. Each time its set of terrifyingly realistic wings flapped, a gust of wind swept over the contestants, each with enough strength to blow of the hats of duelists, which it did quite easily. In Sam's case, the blasts of wind pushed her hoodie off her head, as well as off her person, causing her to turn away and grab it, before attempting to turn back and listen to the Champion.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" Tendra started, addressing the crowd. "WE ARE ALL HERE ON THIS DAY TO WITNESS SOMETHING THAT IS TRULY EXCITING." He tried to speak with sincerity, but the yelling stopped the warmth as it started. At least he wasn't yelling for the sake of yelling now, and instead because of the volume of the howling winds now making their way through the stadium. "AS YOU ALL KNOW, I AM THE CALISDO KING, BUT TODAY, THAT CAN ALL CHANGE. SO, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, I SAY WE GET THIS SHOW IN THE ROAD!"

Hayato couldn't hear, but could certainly see, the crowd leaping for joy as Tendra spoke to them. He waited for the famous duelist to address the herd of duelists, sweeping his hair back every time the wind rushed by. After what felt like an eternity of praise for the Calisdo King, that time came. He glared down intimidatingly at the hundred of more duelists below him, and crossed his arms as his mighty dragon dropped from the sky, landing just ahead of the gate. All of a sudden, the announcer from earlier picked up the talking. "Alllllllraight-ah duelists! Time for-ah the real comp-ah-tition to begin!" Surprisingly, the announcer was standing atop the great gate, carrying a Duel Disk of his own. A regular, Action Duel hologram disk. "It's-ah time-ah, fo' Action Field Numb-ah two, The Great-ah Forest!"

Once more the card was shown to the crowd above the duelists, and as the world transformed, Tendra's trusty assistant explained the rules. "As you all see-ah, there are four separate-ah sections to this area. The first-ah, as you might expect-ah, is the forest-ah. The second-ah, the lake buried deep within-ah the forest. The third-ah, the cold-ah, dank-ah cave on the other side of this stadium. The fourth-ah, and final-ah, is of course, the skies-ah!" The guy dropped of the gate, and through no-one could see through the incredibly dense trees, everyone heard a splash.

"I ain't done-ah! There will be no dueling in this round-ah! No traditional dueling-ah, anyway, because each-ah of you will be searching for one of the four flag holders around-ah the stadium. Us four will be in each of the areas-ah, and each of us will have four flags-ah, which are your entrance-ah tickets to the sixteen man bracket-ah that comes after this. There are no limitations-ah on drawing, and all of you have all of-ah your Decks at your disposal-ah! Good-ah luck!" After that, the voice stopped.

Thunderham and his dragon rose once more, this time with four flags attached to the beasts tail, and the pair flew directly upwards into the sky.

x393wz.jpg

If you were part of the 0.1% that wasn't watching the tournament in some way, chances are you'd be watching this instead.

Another news report, this one with the same sporty field reporter and old man as last time, as well as a handsome tanned fellow. The woman stood in between the pair of men, and once was recapping what she talked about earlier that morning. After a minute or so, she turned to the man who one could assume was only in his early 20s, and began. "So, I see we've uncovered some of the ciphers within the book?"

"Yes, that is correct. Across four pages, these sentences are written not only in code, but also jumbled up, which means we had to figure out which order what words came in. Anyway, we think we've got the answer." His voice was smooth and sexy.

"Care to read it out to us?" The reporter replied, clearly infatuated by the man.

“The ancient king still rules. Forever and always." An old voice croaked.

“The ancient queen still lives. Forever and a day.

The ancient evil still lurks. Forever and ever.

These facts hold true ‘till the end of time and an infinity afterwards.”

"Of course... These words could possibly sorted out into something different, but this is what... We believe to be the answer. What it means... We don't yet know." His voice was no quicker or easier to listen to than last time. Luckily for everyone, the younger man took over.

"By the way, we have decided to release one of the other cipher to the public, which we have put up on our website. Additionally, I will show it to the camera now." The man held up the cryptic book, and slowly opened to a bookmarked pages, which displayed a set of random letters.

Gur pebjavat bs n arj xvat pbzrf jvgu gur rivy bs gur cnfg.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=OOC - Please Read!]

DO NOT POST YET!

So, as the announcer difficultly explained, there will be no standard dueling in this part of the tournament. Everyone will have access to every card in their Deck to Summon/use at their will, so go crazy with them, but preferably with only one monster at a time. So, since there are four areas, I would like for there to be a semi-equal amount in each. Therefore, do not make a post in the IC until:

a) You tell me what area you want to be in in the OOC

b) I give you the OK to post

Sorry if this seems a bit awkward, but it will help with planning, collabing, and overall having a better RP.

Takao sighed, slapping a monster onto the duel disk "Come on out, Ehther the Heavenly Monarch!" A Heavenly monarch appeared, sitting on a chair. It got up as the chair went into the chair and dissipated. The Monarch let its hand down, letting Takao climb up on its shoulder "Come on, Ehther, lets go!" The Ehther bent down, then jumped up, floating in mid-air, then flying towards the cave area

Halfway through the trip, Takao yawned and looked down at the jungle "Sure is dense..." Takao said, as he saw the lake in the middle of the forest "Sure is pretty..." Takao looked forward, seeing the edge of the forest, smiling "Well, it seems like i'm almost at my destination..."

Takao hopped off, walking towards the cave and entered, while insde, he took off Ehther, then slapped a new monster onto the duel disk "Okay, Mega Caius, wait in the shadows for any intruders, okay?" Takao set a trap and activated it as the Caius lurked in the shadows "I'll activate The First Monarch and discard Ehther to... ah!" Takao jumped at the sudden brightness of the new monarch on his field that doubled as a trap card "Sweet! Now i'll be able to light up my way and have protection!" Takao smiled, going deeper in the cave he was now in, looking around "So i'm looking for a flag... if I were a flag, where would I be...?" Takao hummed as he thought to himself, walking deeper into the cave...

Takao went down the cave, humming "Dodododo-" "Go, Kadarla Kaiju! Attack his monster and leave him in the dark!" a Kardarla Kaiju (ATK/2700) charged at the First Monarch(DEF/2400), Takao watched as it charged, seeming surprised, then a smirk came to his face "Nice try, now Mega Caius, stop his Kadarla Kaiju!" Takao yelled as, from the shadows and behind Kadarla Kaiju, Mega Caius charged at it, swiping at it.

The Kadarla Kaiju bursted into pixels, the duelist behind it "What is that?! Where'd it come from?!" Takao smirked as the new duelist fumbled with their hand, searching for a new monster "Of course I had something in the background, why would I not have a back-up plan?" Takao said as he secretly slid down a face-down trap, it disappearing in the darkness. "Okay, try this! Go, Dogoran!" The duelist slapped a card onto their disk, a new Kaiju appearing "Mow down that Mega Caius-" The monster that was about to attack suddenly was face-down, Takao sighed, a face-up Sandstorm Mirror Force on the field. Takao sighed "Mega Caius, attack the face-down and lets go..." Mega Caius blew away the face-down, and went back into the shadows, walking past the duelist who was now fumbling with his hand, dropping cards, not noticing Takao has already left.

The qualifying round, which was a retrieve the flag type of run, had started and Akira was in a full on sprint for the lake within the Forest. "No use wasting my time, getting one those flags is going to be easy," Akira said as he jumped into the tree line of the Forest, all those years of climbing and running were about to pay off. When he was a good ways away from the beginning of the forest, Akira took a monster from his deck and placed it on his duel disk. "Let's Rock, Boombot Pulser!" The dark purple robot appeared beside Akira, it's speakers radiating one of Akira's favorite songs. "Right, now... Boombot Solo Act!" Akira placed the spell card on his disk and it's power radiated into Pulser. "2600 ATK right off the back, let's see someone try to pick a fight with me, though I guess trying to find a partner in this mess would be another option, there are four flags in each area after all."

Akira made his way through the forest with ease, and no trouble had happened along the way, a couple noobie duelists along the way but nothing to worry about. It may have been a hologram but the large lake certainly had a refreshing, peaceful feeling to it. "Alright Pulser, keep your mono eye out, we need to find ourselves a flag... Hmm, might need to put something for a little more support just in case..." Akira took a card from his hand and placed it face down. "There we go, I dare someone to attack me now."

Drago drew six cards and lunged into the forest. "Let's roll!" He cheered.

In moments, he was surrounded by trees. Glancing down at his six cards, he grinned, slapping one onto his Duel Disk's front blade. "I Summon Mu Long the Wood Dragon!" Under his feet, the ground split open, and a creature made of wood rose from it, Drago standing just behind its head.

The monster was easily ten feet tall, with a body that looks like a tree just grew into the shape of it. The creature's body was thick and segmented, like a fallen log carved to look like an ant. Where Drago was standing, the monster grew a round head with two wooden spokes growing from the sides like antenna. Six legs, like roots each sharpened to a point, sprouted from the middle segment of the creature's body. Between the segments and where the creature's legs would bend, the wood was not there, instead green threads of plantlife, like living wicker, wove together to form braided joints. In front of Drago, there was a symbol, carved into the wood, that mean "Wood."

Mu Long

Level 5 / EARTH / Plant

ATK: 2000

DEF: 2000

"This task requires the patience and diligence of a tree. Mu Long, let's take to the canopy and get the 'drop' on this flag-bearer. We'll snare ourselves a flag in no time." He cracked his knuckles and flashed a brilliant smile as the Dragon obeyed, carrying Drago into the branches.

And with that, they were gone...

Ken was surprised by the idea that it wasn't going to be a traditional duel, but he quickly saw past that, to the advantages beneath. It was a golden opportunity to find out about his opponents, improve his reputation in the city and show the world who not to mess with all in one. Drawing the top few cards of his deck, Ken grinned at how fitting for the situation they were. Placing his cards on his disk, he called out.

"Serve me! D-Destroyer Lion and E-Electric Bombarder!" In perfect synchronisation, his two monsters appeared. The first was a white mechanical lion, with a turret gun on his back and the about the size of a car. The second resembled a pitch black jet plane, but with the head shaped to resemble a predatory eel of some sort. Grinning, Ken slammed his hands together, and assumed the tradition Fusion pose. Above his head, a Fusion Vortex appeared.

"Let us get straight down to it! Winged hunter who harbours an electric soul, become one with the lion who leads the charge! Fusion Summon! Level 6! DE-Blitz Panther!"

The two monsters soared above Ken and the other duelists' heads, before meeting in the centre of the mystical spiral. There was a flash of bright light, and when it cleared the new monster hovered powerfully. DE-Blitz Panther had the wings of the Bombarder, attached to a sleeker and more dangerous looking version of the lion. On its back there was a much larger turret gun and two missiles were attached to each wing. The colour scheme had also been inverted, with the parts from the lion becoming black and the other parts becoming white. 

"Now, down to business!" Ken announced arrogantly, walking over to his monster before stopping. What was he meant to hold onto...? As if sensing his distress, several bars suddenly jutted out from the nearest leg, and Ken grabbed the handholds and wordlessly indicated his monster to get air bound. They flew off at a speed that Ken found acceptable.

Ken looked round for Tendra, but there was no sign of him. "That stuck up yel-" Ken started to curse, only to be interrupted by a voice from below.

"I Summon Mu Long the Wood Dragon!"

Recognising the voice from earlier, Ken glanced down. No sign of the freak, but he was down there... And that give Ken an idea. 

"Hey! Blitz Panther! Use Lightning Barrage over there!" Ken pointed to where he guessed the voice came from. Obeying without question, the Fusion monster turned in the direction Ken pointed and lowered itself to a few metres off the tree trunks. When it was a few hundred metres from where Ken pointed it attacked. The missiles attached to each wing detached and blasted off to that area over the woodland. As soon as they would reach their target, Ken knew they'd explode into huge lightning bolts. He grinned as his monster soared upwards once more, and he scanned the air for his quarry.

One less freak to worry 'bout.

Sota spoke into the small microphone on his duel disk

"Engage duel mode, action duel varient!"

with that his deck slot ejected cards for his hand, while others were busy quickly summoning what he assumed was their favorite monster Sota formed a strategy with what he was given.

"First i think i'll summon you, might as well throw in some theatrics" he thought

"Arise from the mainframe, the primordial code, Monster .1!" He shouted as he placed the card onto his duel disk.

(Monster .1 - Earth/Machine/Lvl4/ATK300/DEF2000)

With that an amorphous black shape appeared on the field, surrounded by green symbols, constantly shifting ones and zeros that turned into each other and back as well as it's level, ATK, and DEF staying in what would be the front.

"It appears my system has maleware" he said as he placed a spell down.

"I equip Monster .1 with corruption file at"

(spelled "C0rrupt10n F1l3 >@")

suddenly the hologram of the monster began to bug out like the system was glitching and the collection of coding's stats changed as well as it's name.

"contaminated coding reveal yourself, corrupt monster exclamation!"

(C0rrupt M0n5t3r >! - Dark/Machine/Lvl4/ATK2000/DEF1800)

"Activate auto hand." Sota commanded his dueldisk.

Suddenly seven small hands appeared for him to place his cards in but first he set a facedown in his spell and trap card zone. Then Sota climbed into the dark malfunctioning mass of numbers, almost as if it was absorbing him, and commanded it to head to the lake.

"Let's see anyone try to stop this abomination."

sF49Dwd.png

Good-ah luck!

Steven glanced around, watching the many duelist charging off to their various locations. Many of them had sped off at the moment the special duel had been announced, but Steven had decided to wait a little to see which area had the least attention. Squinting closer, he noticed that most were heading for the skies. Best to stay under the cover, then, and actually get a move on, as many of the other people were already nearing their destination.

Steven sprinted towards the forest, eager to get a move on. After most of the light from the day around him had faded, being blocked by the many leaves above him, he caught sight of a slight ledge in the uneven terrain. Grinning, he changed course towards it, glad of the chance to get off foot.

As Steven neared the top of the sharp hill, he leaped into the air, at the same time slamming a card onto his Duel Disk. Adding in a flip gave him just enough airtime in order for the monster he played to be fully summoned. A huge reptilian biped, with a grey body splattered with orange armor plates and white patches of what looked like fur, slowly warped into existence just as Steven landed on its back.

King of the Feral Imps

DARK - ✪✪✪✪ - Reptile/Xyz/Effect - 2300/2000

Good to have you back,” the boy murmured, although he didn’t expect a reply, then, slightly louder, “Now come on, let’s head to the cave!

Roaring, the behemoth charge forwards, large enough to pummel any obstacle, but short enough to stay hidden under the trees. Perfect, or it would be, if the roaring didn’t give away his position to anyone nearby. Steven grimaced.

"Hey! Blitz Panther! Use Lightning Barrage over there!"

The voice was muffled through the leaves above, yet still audible. The rider glanced up and saw an odd brightness increasing through the canopy. Straight towards where he and his monster would be.

Quick, use your effect!” Steven called, just before the blast impacted against King of the Feral Imps. He was lucky, as he was thrown up into the air by the force of the explosion, and out of the way of the electricity, not to mention the fact that the Overlay Unit that had been circling around his monster had been absorbed into it, causing a card to slide out of his deck. Grabbing it hurriedly, he managed to place it onto the Duel Disk just as he was landing. “Come out, Veronian Diapsida!

Veronian Diapsida

DARK - ✪✪✪✪ - Reptile/Effect - 1900/0

This time, a dark, thinner, humanoid reptilian was called into existence in front of the boy hurtling towards the ground, covered in some kind of electronic armor. Almost losing his balance as he fell, Steven caught hold of the spikes protruding from the creature’s head. Today was certainly the day for acrobatics. But then again, these were Action Duels, so it was to be expected. Now on the slightly smaller Reptile, the pair continue rushing forwards, heading in the the direction of the cave. Although one would think that it would be difficult to see through the forest, the trees were positioned in such a way one could get a clear view ahead of them from most angles. They really did put a lot of effort into the Field this time, as Steven had never seen this particular one in use before. Perhaps it was a tournament exclusive thing.

The cave was nearer than he thought, and he followed the line of the trees until he could get into the dark, gaping hole with maximum cover. Temporarily dark, that is.

"Mega Caius, attack the face-down and let's go..."

A great blast from within illuminated the inside of the cave and the shadows provided by the surrounding trees. Steven caught a glimpse of a tall, dark, armored figure and what appeared to be a face-down monster being obliterated, and winced. Sandstorm Mirror Force really was an annoying card.

Waiting for a few seconds to be sure that the attack was over, Steven and Diapside went into the cave. While being dark, the glowing symbols on the reptile’s armor lit the area around them just enough for them to be able to see where they were going. Their path was solely covered by rocks, with some water dripping down from stalactites above them, although the way ahead wasn’t exactly flat. Moving past a duelist who seemed to be too focused on...kneeling on the floor silently...to notice them, they went deeper into the cave.

Takao whistled, setting two traps face-down. He returned his first monarch to hand and sat in the darkness. Mega Caius watched over as Takao laid back and closed his eyes, listening to the eery sounds of the cave. "Such realism... wonder who they paid to make THIS arena!" Takao laughed to himself. He set another Spell/Trap "Just to make sure no one else is... lurking around here." Takao laughed to himself, Caius staying stationary in the darkness. It would be near impossible to notice Caius without some form of light. He had currently taken The First Monarch off the field so they wouldn't be able to see Caius that way. Takao standed out most so if they shined their light at Takao, Caius would not be visible as he would behind him. Takao was pretty sure he could close his eyes for a bit... so he did...

and he fell asleep...

a few minutes later

Takao woke up quickly as he heard some foot steps running in a certain direction. They sounded like a duelist. Takao got up and crept closer the the sound, and he looked at the person. "He was just sleeping there and had no protection... at all! It must've been a trap... it couldn't have been NOT a trap!" The man, who was now setting a card, turned back towards the turn that leaded to the hallway Takao was in. Takao quickly ran behind Caius.

The man returned to Takao's old position, a monster following him "Is that a... Red-Eyes Black Dragon?" Takao asked himself. The dragon sniffed, and he looked directly at Caius. "He might've seen us... well, no going back now... Mega Caius! Destroy that dragon!" Takao yelled from behind "What?! No! I activate Mirror Force!" The man said, smiling. But as the reflection of the attack was coming back, a spell card appeared, cancelling it out. "Hah! I had March of the Monarchs out! Meaning my Mega Caius wasn't destroyed!" Takao laughed as the Red-Eyes was destroyed. The mysterious man took his attention of Takao to slap two monsters on his duel disk "Hah! I summon two Red-Eyes Black Dragons, then I'll overlay them to mak- huh? Where did he go?" 

Takao had jumped on Caius and got away. He sighed "That might've been bad..." Takao wasn't planning on fighting two people in a close period of time. "I might need to make an ally..." Takao said to himself as he sighed. He was planning on going solo but... it looked like that wasn't happening anytime soon.

x393wz.jpg

rL3SK2K.png

The scarily large figure of Ben walked eagerly into the forest after hearing the mohawked announcer’s rules, prepping his deep blue Duel Disk and pulling out five cards from the contrasting orange deck holder. “Come to me, skeleton of dark magic, Summoned Skull!” A wicked pile of bones materialized beside Big Ben, and even though Ben was human, he stood at equal heights with the creature. After glancing into its dark eye sockets for a couple of seconds, Ben turned back to the almost jungle-like part of the Action Field his feet led him to. He heard the voices of many near him, but the thick vines drooping from the short trees beside him, preventing any way from passing through.

As the boy continued to stroll lazily forwards, his path through the forest intertwined with another, both merging into one. The girl that must have been on the second path was only a couple of metres ahead, a girly figure floating next to her as well. Ben thought he had briefly glanced at her and her weird hoodie in the waiting room, but shook the thought out of his mind as he prepared a sneak attack. He nodded at the skeletal figure beside him, and it stepped forward silently, then looked as if it were focusing hard before releasing a burst of lightning at the pair.

As the lightning made contact with the pair, their figures faded out of view, and the lighting passed though empty air before making contact with a tree quite a way away.
“An illusion!”
“I’m smarter than you think! Go, Thousand Knives!” That which had to be that girl’s voice commanded, and as soon as it did, knives started coming at Ben from all sides, forcing him to drop down onto the dirty path below. The blades were unrelenting with their assault, not stopping until they lodged themselves into nearby trees or collapsing into deep green bushes. Due to the dark skeleton not sharing the sharp reflexes its owner did, the knives shattered the creature bones, causing it to fall helplessly to the floor, and disappear. Wincing, Ben picked up another card from his Deck. Thankfully, the odds were in his favor.

“Sorry girl. I activate Dust Barrier, then Summon my Skull Servant!”

Watching all of the knives on their journey through the air suddenly stop and bounce away in various outwards directions was certainly something to see, though none could, bar Big Ben and his opponent. Out of the ground where Ben’s stronger monster collapsed came another, similar looking figure, this one’s bony exterior covered by a ragged purple cloth.

“Dust Barrier protects my normal monsters from your magic, but doesn’t last for long, so I’d better make this count!” The boy leapt from his lying position, and sprinted towards the sound of the girl’s voice, diving over a bush and rolling before standing face to face with the girl. “Nice tricks you’ve got there, but illusions are certainly weak.” Ben analyzed the girl’s image, making sure to remember her green-tinted blonde hair and cat-eared hoodie.
“Try telling me that later.” The girl replied, before smiling and once more fading out of view. Stepping back out to the dirt path, Ben regrouped with his servant and waited for another strike, but the girl was gone.

x393wz.jpg

v565acN.jpg

Watching Big Ben leave from behind people far bigger than he, Hayato breathed a sigh of relief. “While he’s busy in the forest… I guess I’ll take it to the skies!” Hayato looked up to the burning sun, and smiled with glee as the blue dragon he had watched so many times on TV flew past his line of vision. The boy could feel all of his hype build up higher and higher inside of him, then activated his Duel Disk and drew a couple of cards.

“All of these can fly, but I don’t want to use my biggest one right out of the gates…”
“I call out my two Flame Brother Pet Dragons and overlay them!” Before Hayato came an ominous black swirl, which two bright red flames leapt into, before a neon orange beam came blasting out of it. “I Xyz Summon! Come, Flame Brother Double Dragon!” The beam dissipated, and what it left what a figure Hayato’s size, draconic in its design and with two golden heads. Leaping onto the back of the monster, the young duelist pointed upwards, and his dual-headed dragon flew in exactly that direction.

Being up so high in the sky, while daunting, was equally as extraordinary. Hayato had risen directly upwards, meaning when he was finally out from the underbrush. Hayato was mere metres away from a roaring crowd, many of which near him pointed and took photos. Circling around the arena were many duelists already in action, all trailing behind the Duel Champion, who skilfully avoided the competitors’ attacks at each twist and turn. Gustos, Dracoslayers, Thousand Dragons, even. Practically the whole duel monsters game was out on the field, and everyone loved every minute of it. Patting one of the dragon’s heads, Hayato’s smile turned into a serious grin, and the boy pulled out goofy swimming goggles from his pocket.
“Flying in Action Duels is painful on the eyes, I knew I would need these!” He slapped the goggles on, and pointed at Tendra and his dragon.
“Boys, let’s do this!” The dragon sped forwards, almost leaving their rider behind, not realizing how fast it truly was. Nevertheless, Hayato found his balance, and as he sped through the air, grabbed a card labelled with a fancy “A” on the back.

x393wz.jpg

JNffZY6.png

Meanwhile deeper in the forest, Sam skipped cheerfully, her Dark Magician Girl flying in circled gleefully around her. She was in a part of the forest where anyone could have been hiding in any old oak tree, waiting for the perfect time to strike.

"I wonder if anyone's fallen into my Illusion Magic booby trap yet!"

x393wz.jpg

A nasty growl, and what sounded to be the crackling of fire, echoed throughout the cave, obviously from further in.

The snapping of an impossibly enormous creatures jaws resonated through the lake.

The pounding on the chests of large creatures, followed by the screams of terrified nearby duelists, vibrated through the forest.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=OOC]

Doing great everyone. We’ll wait until everybody has posted, and then we can move on to actually getting the flags and/or discovering the creators of those mysterious sounds. Collabing with each other like I did with Sam/Ben is fine, by the way. In fact, do lots of that!

Additionally as I stated in the last line of Hayato’s bit, there are Action Cards available to use! If you want you make your own with an interesting effect, PM/Skype me and I’ll approve it if I think it’s fine. Remember though, that we are duelling with logic, so describe what you think the card’s effect would look like and use that, not just its effect.

Also, I'm gonna do an app for Big Ben.

"I don't want to figure out what that sound was any time soon... neither go near it for now, until I know exactly what it was..." Takao got up, and started walking the other way, as Caius lurked behind him, barely visible. Takao hummed to himself, but he then saw a reflection in the cave. He walked over, a card with an "A" on it. "Perfect!" Takao cheered to himself, picking it up. He looked at it, a pink border "What is this... Cave-In? Wait... is this a... trap card?!" Takao worried, as he looked the roof of the cave, as it started to rumble. Takao started to run "Uhhh... I'll summon... Granmarg the Mega Monarch!" Caius was quickly changed into a Granmarg. The new Mega Monarch covered Takao as the area around him caved in.

It soon ended, as the rocks that fell down had regenerated "What was that?!" Takao sighed. Granmarg turned back into a Caius Mega Monarch. "I might wanna keep this guy..." Takao sighed as he continued walking. Soon after, another action card. "Another one?! Jeez, will this one be a trap card too?!" Takao hesitated, but picked it up and it was a... spell "Phew.... now what is this? Uhh... Attack Force... This may be useful. Get those 3000 Attackers out." Takao added the action card to his hand. He would wait until the perfect time to use it.

Ken scanned the air, his smirk from his assault on the other competitor fading. It seemed that having gone ahead so quick, he was away from the main party of competitors who were chasing Tendra like fools. Ken frowned. Tendra's dragon was moving faster than any other monster, and it seemed that they were monsters out who could outgun his Blitz Panther.  All that meant though, was he needed more fire power. 

"OK, disarm Blitz Panther!" Ken commanded. His monster instantly obeyed, defusing into the individual parts. The wings detached from the main body, and the white casing around the leonine body returned to the jet. Of course, Ken didn't notice this as he was too preoccupied with the way he suddenly was falling. Luckily, before his tale came to a bloody end, E-Electric Bomber swooped and got him on one of its wings.

"Holy sheet, that was close!" He cursed, before drawing the top card from his deck., and grinning, "but this more than makes up for it!"

Slamming the drawn card onto his deck, he called out,

"Serve me, Cyber Dragon!"

The iconic dragon, with a long serpentine body encased in cold steel, soared into view and hovered next to Ken. Grinning again, he stood on the wing, and once more took the fusion stance.

"Lion who leads the charge! Hunter with an electric soul! Give your power to the mightiest machine, the mythical Cyber Dragon! Fusion Summon! Lvl 9! Cyber Colossal Dragon!"

Ken watched as both the Cyber Dragon and D-Destroyer Lion came apart, and rushed towards the jet he stood on. A bright light shone... And where Ken had once stood on a jet hovering several fight above tree height, he now stood on the head of a dragon who towered above those trees. With a mighty roar, Cyber Colossal Dragon announced her arrival into the battle. The length of several cars, and tallest then the mightiest tree, it resembled the base Cyber Dragon heavily, except with a golden colour scheme striped with silver and having no less than 6 eyes, three on each side of its head.

These eyes glowed azure, indicating the activation of the first effect. His grin splitting his face, Ken made use of it.

"Serve me and mow down my foes! B-Buster Drake!" A green, wingless dragon with twin big guns attached sprinted into existence beside the colossus, nearly unnoticeable. "I now equip Buster Drake to my Dragon!"

Buster Drake let up, seemingly falling to pieces in the process. the majority of the pieces attached themselves to various parts of the dragon's body, and were barely more noticeable. More worrying however, was the way the guns suddenly grew massive, and attached themselves to the sides of the dragon. No Action cards can stop me now...

Ken's gleefulness was interrupted as the eyes of the dragon glowed once more, this time a verdant green. A card slid out of his deck, the ever useful Cyber Network. Relishing its appearance, Ken instantly set it in his field before commencing his assault.

"Rise high, my servant, and we'll destroy them all from above!"

Obeying unquestioning, the Colossal Dragon began to rise, a feat that seemed to define all laws of physics considering the lack of visible propulsion and the size of the behemoth. Once it reached the pinnacle of its flight, it would open fire- and obliterate all who stood beneath it.

Akira stood still as the echoing of a sort of snapping sound was heard around the lake. "Now that doesn't pleasant, heh, no worries though," Akira took two monsters from his hand and placed them in his s/t zone. "Calling for backup, Boombot Radio and Boombot Speaker!" A large speaker and radio appeared behind Pulser, "Solo Act can take effect, Speaker can provide a nice little stat boost, and radio can provide me quick access to more of my bots, nice." With his field as good as it can be, having to work with only one attacking monster at a time, Akira continued his search for the duelist with the flag.

Akira walked along the edge of the lake, taking in all of the virtual scenery. "Man, still hard to believe this is just a VR environment, they certainly went all out for this tourney. Hmm... gotta keep an eye out, you too Pulser," Akira said to the robotic monster beside him, "heh, I wonder if you can even understand anything but orders, what am I thinking? This is VR, nothing is real, that snapping noise was probably just a sound effect, a really convincing sound effect."

Archived