• Cryosphere
    • Dynatron
    • Seismic
    • Battalion
    • Aviator
    • Brandish
    • Countershade
    • Raychel

Well, the game is coming out soon, and by that I mean June 21, so gamers can spend their summer breaks playing this game among others.

I for one am looking forward to it. Though the absorption system will take some getting used too.

And I don't know how I can use the others weapons.

Also, I hope Mighty No. 9 gets a sequel, or maybe 9 of them, like Mega Man did.

I can't say I'm not annoyed that it's been delayed so much, but I'll just be glad to play it. I played the demo they put out awhile ago to sort of tide people over, and it was plenty fun. I'll enjoy playing this game a lot, and I'm glad I backed it, despite all the issues.

It's not that it's bad, more like it's underwhelming after all the hype and the delays.

It's been what, 3 years? And the final product looks like just another installment in the Mega Man series, which doesn't surprise me because Inafune.

I mean, Mega Man progressed so much over the years from a stage select screen in 1987 to an open world platformer in 2002 to open world RPG platformer in 2006, and 2016 gives us...Mega Man X8 from 2004.

Though, the backlash surprises me. I thought fans wanted this nostalgia trip, a middle finger to Capcom for pulling the plug on their childhood, but now they're mad about it. What'd they expect? New ideas? I thought this was supposed to be like that game from 1988 that Mega Man fans won't let go of.

The characters and system has a very close resemblance to those of MEGAMAN's, maybe it's an alternate modern-version of the blue bomber?

Regardless of that, the delay is pretty much unappetizing, since many fans tend to leave the fad....., but I still expect much from this.

Mighty Number 6 pique my interest, since Wind is one of my favorite element and he has a cool design and color scheme, with a swiveling propeller... 

I believe that the fire one is weak to water and/or vice versa

The sky helicopter is weak to lightning but gains advantage over Ground type...., which takes the charge out of electric type

Ninja takes out the artillery one, while heavy armanments destroys the sniper

At least that what I could think of......

So the weaknesses will be:

Mighty No.1 :----->2

Mighty No.2 : ----->1

Mighty No.3 : ----->4

Mighty No.4 : ----->6

Mighty No.5 : ----->7

Mighty No.6 : ----->3

Mighty No.7 : ----->8

Mighty No.8 : ----->5

Oh snap, we've got a trailer for that DLC (which is free for backers and the retail copy, not sure about digital copy but probably):

That honestly looks cool as hell, she looks really fun to play. And the game looks better than I remember it being from the demo they put out in the past, though maybe I had my settings turned down since I was trying it on my laptop, I dunno. And for those who don't get the naming joke, "Ray" sounds like "Rei" a Japanese word for "Zero."

Vermilion seems to be the counterpart to Zero, while the blue guy resembles Megaman, clearly the similar concept....

This feature will likely result in two different game modes and story line, which is quite nifty

Plus there will likely be various melee techniques that this guy can implement, like the Megaman X series.....]

By the way, I'm eager to know what the Strange blue sign on the wall is supposed to mean.....

The characters and system has a very close resemblance to those of MEGAMAN's, maybe it's an alternate modern-version of the blue bomber?

Vermilion seems to be the counterpart to Zero, while the blue guy resembles Megaman, clearly the similar concept....

I'm not sure if you know, but this game is made by Comcept, a company founded Keiji Inafune, who helped in the creation of Mega Man and also created Zero.

• 2 weeks later...

This game's level design makes me want to vomit.

It reminds me of all the bad points that plagued the custom stages from Megaman Powered Up.

By this, I mean...

Spikes in places that are straight-up unfair(like in between very important spots for the sake of enforcing fake difficulty)

Platforms that funk you over because you missed them by .1 second and/or were just "unlucky"

Enemy placements in stupid areas just for the sake of slowly killing you/discoursing any and all use of your dash, which is counterproductive to the concept of the game

etc.

And the "E-Tanks" are useless because you lose any/all of them upon death, which is so funking fair.

This game is trying very hard to get me to hate it, and it's working :/

From what Armz is saying, it sounds like the game is the biggest delayed disappointment since Duke Nukem Forever.

I've been meaning to check it out for myself when it came out, but I'm not sure if I should anymore.

No, just...

The stage design feels incredibly lazy, and that they took a bunch of shortcuts to enforce an imaginary level of "hard difficulty", when there honestly isn't even one to begin with.

Based on my observations on the First Gampelay, the game lacks the special atmosphere of the Megaman franchise, making it in 2D would be much better and clearer to see, especially in dark stages......

Plus the bosses voices are a bit annoying, but can be unique to each units.....

But, like the others have appointed, the stages are the biggest menace here, since the designs are a bit awkward, especially the fire stage, in my opinion, since it has the same section, over and over again.......

I expect more from this....

Though, the backlash surprises me. I thought fans wanted this nostalgia trip, a middle finger to Capcom for pulling the plug on their childhood, but now they're mad about it. What'd they expect? New ideas? I thought this was supposed to be like that game from 1988 that Mega Man fans won't let go of.

This is literally what a friend of mine and I discussed it would be when I backed it.

Hard to have expected anything more than another whatever mega man game.

Guys, I'm playing the game, had my butt handed to me a few times, and here's a little advice order I'm working on so far:

1. Pyrogen gives you advice about the Waterworks bureau, where Cryosphere is.

2. Cryosphere gives adv"ice" on the Military Base, where Battalion is.

3. Battalion gives advice on the Mine, where Seismic is.

4. Seismic gives advice on the Highway, where Brandish is.

5. Brandish gives advice on the Power Plant, where Dynatron is.

6. Dynatron gives advice on the Capitol Building, where Countershade is.

7. Countershade gives advice on the Radio Tower, where Aviator is.

8. Aviator gives advice on the Oil Platform, where Pyrogen is.

I also find it effective to use Brandish against Countershade, if you can get close to him.

Also, I think Inafune was watching a little too much Lupin. Why?

jigen.jpg

Countershade reminds me of Jigen.

I don't know if that's what they were going for, but it works.

This game is the purest example of hype backlash I can think of. People wanted the game to be amazing and instead its just average. Couple this with how mismanaged it was it ended up having a PR nightmare. It was the perfect storm of things to get cause people who otherwise would have been like "yea this alright" to completely hate it. Still, for $20 its looks worth the price of admission. At the very least the backlash is going to likely cause sales to start up on this pretty fast.

This game is the purest example of hype backlash I can think of. People wanted the game to be amazing and instead its just average. Couple this with how mismanaged it was it ended up having a PR nightmare. It was the perfect storm of things to get cause people who otherwise would have been like "yea this alright" to completely hate it. Still, for $20 its looks worth the price of admission. At the very least the backlash is going to likely cause sales to start up on this pretty fast.

They also have an animated series in the works.

So, you love it or hate it? Me, I like it somewhat. The stages could be easier to traverse but the bosses are interesting to say the least. Aviator's weak to the sniper weapon. The drone can ricochet the shot off to Aviator. Ooo. Poll time. 

My biggest disappointment in the Robot Masters is aviator, even when he's my favorite, since he is quite brave, and confident, and has a unique personality, but the matter is Aviator should be a Wind element robot master, but he doesn't boast any wind type attacks/abilities, instead he attacks with plain old bullets and a robotic ally....

I expect him to attack with propeller blades, create cyclones,  and even whip out a tornado, that would be more magnificent and distinct....

Also, the boss with the most interesting attack pattern is Cryo, since he creates a pillar of ice blocks, can crush you with his gigantic mace, and can whip up a blizzard....

Archived