[Leaderboard] Abdelrahman vs Yuuko ( Voting )

Abdelrahman

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply

-Best of 3 votes wins

-All voters must elaborate on their votes.

-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Preferably cards should be in written format.

-Cards must be PM'd to me.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity

-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

-Contestants have 48 hours ( 72 if needed ) to submit their entries.

-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

You have two choices:

-Make a new "Dark World" monster

-Make a new "Dark World" support card

Card A: ( 0 Votes )

Brozi, Ruler of Dark World

Monster / Effect / Fiend

DARK / Level 5

ATK : 2600

DEF : 2200

If this card is discarded by a card effect, You can Special Summon it from your Graveyard, then, if it was discarded by your opponent's card effect, You can inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each "Dark World" monster on your side of the field. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate this effect. If this card is returned to your hand by a card effect, You can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Dark World" monster from your Deck to your hand and then discard 1 card from your hand except "Brozi, Ruler of Dark World". You can only activate each effect of "Brozi, Ruler of Dark World" once per turn.

Card B: ( 1 Vote )

The Dominion of Dark World

Continuous Trap

Each player can only Special Summon monster(s) from the Extra Deck once per turn as long as this card remains face-up on the field. All DARK monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. During either player's turn: You can excavate the top card of your Deck, then if it's a card that lists "Dark World" in its name or card text, you can add it to your hand and then discard 1 card. Otherwise, place it at the bottom of your Deck. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: You can banish this card, then target 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard or 1 of your banished DARK monsters; add it to your hand. You can only use each effect of "The Dominion of Dark World" once per turn.

Card C: ( 1 Vote )

The eff upon returning to hand would actually be really good, except for the fact that graphs doesn't return by effect (I think. If I'm wrong here, lemme know and I'll revise).

Are you sure about this? I mean returning your monster to the hand counts as the card's effect ( it is not a summoning condition ) so wouldn't it work?

Are you sure about this? I mean returning your monster to the hand counts as the card's effect ( it is not a summoning condition ) so wouldn't it work?

The effect is Special Summoning Grapha from the Graveyard, not returning the monster.

It'll be hard making a vote on this knowing that one of the cards don't work as its designer intended it to.

Its a summoning condition for grapha so basically its a cost. This is why Tricky and Dark World doesnt work.

Its a summoning condition for grapha so basically its a cost. This is why Tricky and Dark World doesnt work.

It is an effect that has a cost, not a Summoning condition. Tricky's effect is not a Summoning condition either. Grapha's effect can be negated, whereas conditions cannot be.

It is an effect that has a cost, not a Summoning condition. Tricky's effect is not a Summoning condition either. Grapha's effect can be negated, whereas conditions cannot be.

Welp i might have mixed the two :x

I hope you forgive your onii-chan..

Might as well vote..

First off, Card A's stats are too high for a level 5 (higher than reign-beaux) It also has a 500 burn damage for each Dark world which is not that hard to exploit considering its easy to swarm with these guys. Since it has been discussed, Card A's second effect doesn't work with Grapha so basically it doesn't get any support from the Dark World cause they mainly discard. HOWEVER, this card is great against Air Force, Evacuation Device and the likes. It works as a searcher(usually beiige) and then allows you to discard that. So its kind of goodish outside of working with Grapha like the designer intended it. Lower the stats and then it can pass and remove that "by a card effect" on its return condition as well. "If this card returns to your hand: "

Card B pulls off a semi-floodgate with that OPT ss from extra deck. This is nice against Pendu Decks that relies on Xyz Summon. Note though that Dark World also likes Xyz Summoning for Rank 8 and Rank 5-6. It also offers a nice buff that stacks with Gates. It also has a excavate/discard effect which is nice but doesn't really speed up the archetype. And finally ends it with a float recycling effect which is also nice. That's a lot of effects. Truth be told, it's currently competing with Dark Smog and personally outside of the 300 buff, I prefer running that over this one cause it has the ability to prevent COTH and the likes and also cause its discard effect delivers faster than this card which requires you to excavate a DW card first before you can pull off something. Generally, Dark Smog is more useful imo.

What DW currently needs right now is a more reliable searcher than Snoww and Card A almost nailed it to the bin if only it works with Grapha :V.

I'm voting for Card C.

Archived