What is BLM (Black Lives Matter)

vla1ne

You also gotta wonder why BLM does not explain or distance themselves from protesters like...

There was another one calling for dead police officers in Minnesota, way before the recent shooting. Police killing innocent blacks are wrong, and those officers should be held accountable, but how is advocating the murder of police officers gonna help? BLM's core values are good, and the anger is understandable, but you can't justify calling for police officers to be murdered. Violence against the police will not solve violence by the police.

The anger is understandable. The advocating for more bloodshed, which will result in even more bloodshed, more grieving families, more tensions, and more hate, is NOT. Unless, of course, you like seeing police officers murderered. Sadly, some people do.

I've stated this before and I'll say it again, Dallas Police were supportive of the protest, and have even been praised by community leader. This is how police and protestors should behave. The Dallas shooter wasn't part of BLM, but BLM will still bear the brunt of the hate.

You can be pro-BLM and demand police accountability without being anti-police. You don't need to call for their deaths. That'll only hurt your cause.

Basically my argument. I have always been suspicious of the police and have decried against police brutality, but I don't support this.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we saying that we should abolish BLM because black on black crime exists?  Or are we justifying police violence against citizens because of problems in the black community?  We highlight the thug life because after trying to do things legally and working through the system and still being told "no", we got angry.  So we tried peaceful protesting back in the 60s.  We were murdered for that.  Which is something that has been a trend among black leaders.  Every peaceful black leader that has tried to take a stand has been assassinated.  And when we do take stands in our own communities (which for some reason never seems to be highlighted in the media) we're looked at as if we should be spending our time elsewhere.  Our outreach programs (such as the arts program for underprivileged black youth, the prison outreach--might only be back home--for black fathers in prison away from their children, and the reading and responsibility program for black schools) are there.  But a lot of people don't see it because "black on black crime!"  Just because you don't know it's there doesn't mean it isn't.   

We're probably the most highlighted race in all of America because we worked hardest to build it.  So of course when a black man or woman makes a mistake (a really stupid mistake), the whole of the organization is jeopardized and black lives no longer matter.  What I have a hard time understanding is why we're being labeled as thugs, crooks thieves, when we do try to work hard, and we still get the short end of the stick.

A black man driving a Mercedes Benz was stopped, dragged out of his car, and held at gun point.  He complied, and he was still nearly killed because he was in a white neighborhood in the middle of the day driving a nice car.  Turns out he was a doctor who had earned his way up.  But that's not what is seen by police officers.

A white man was stopped in a black neighborhood driving an old sports car (iirc it was an old charger.  70's model I think).  Police told him to be careful and sent him on his way.  The car was stolen.

These are among the reasons BLM exists.  We're told to fix our own problems by people who see our problems and think they understand them, but haven't lived this life.  We're told that Black Lives can't Matter until Black on Black crime no longer exists, which is statistically impossible.  We're given these perfect standards to live up to, but even when we reach them, we're looked at and branded as cheaters and "you got handouts".  I have a hard time believing someone outside of my community knows what's best for it, when they haven't stepped in to help.

And All Lives Matter wasn't made to just mock BLM.  It was made to remove it.  We know All Lives Matter.  But no where in Black Lives Matter is there an "only" indication.  All Lives Matter arose because white people felt "well why aren't we included in this"?  Which is ironic, because black lives were not included in All Lives.  I'll be ready to believe All Lives Matter when I start seeing All Lives Matter protesters actually out there doing something.  When those officers were killed in Dallas, BLM showed up.  When the unarmed white boy Zach Hammond was killed in cold blood, All Lives Matter wasn't there either.  But BLM stepped up to make sure he wasn't ignored.  But as soon as someone says "Black Lives Matter", ALM peeps pop out of hiding.  Why?

We created programs and systems specifically for Black Communities to help Black Communities, but it was labeled racist.  BET?  Made because we couldn't get our music on to television.  Labeled racist for having an awards show for Black Artists, when we honor artists of so many creeds on that stage.  And for some reason, when someone does decide to watch BET, they always weight until the most depraved, stereotypical, unappreciative artist steps on stage to say, "see!  A thug!"  But then people ask "who is Kendrick Lamar?  Who the heck is Frank Ocean?  They haven't made the news.  Must not be a real artist."  But the reality is those artists have a large impact on the Black Community without the thug life style.  And they're doing well.

My point is, ya'll like to harp on BLM for not doing anything in our own communities because you don't know what BLM is doing in our communities.  So saying BLM should be disbanded because black on black crime exists is stupid.

And yes, the whole of the BLM community should be disbanded the next time a stupid jabroni calls for the death of cops.  Considering we have our own people as cops too.

human history is covered in blood, from all sides, sometimes you have to kill to prevent yourself from being killed, sometimes you have to steal in order to feed your family, is that not human emotion leading to less than favorable actions?

I'm going to try to be as consistent and unbiased as possible, because you know where I stand.  With that out of the way, let's address this:

• BLM incites violence.
  • BLM was formed as a response to violence against the black community.  It's stated that "not all of Trump's supporters are part of the rallying cry of racism, violence, and ignorance, so Trump isn't a problem."  The same is true for BLM.  After the attacks, the heart of BLM, and a large portion of the community came out against the attacks.  Just like Trump himself condoned the nonsensical acts and violence of his extremist supporters.
  • BLM promotes the victim complex.
  • BLM was formed in favor of the victim.  I think to say it promotes a "victim" complex is a double standard when things like "All Lives Matter" was formed in response and in an effort to demonize "Black Lives Matter".  It's logical that a victim complex would be formed behind the movement because it was based around the killings and violence against blacks.  I would think that this would also fall true to things like Veterans Programs.  They've suffered and they've fought hard, and now those Veterans need help.  Someone is standing up for them.  No, I am not comparing BLM to Veteran Soldiers.  I'm merely using this as an example.
  • BLM mostly stems from low income background black families who don't understand the law.
  • Actually, most black families are very well coerced and studied in law.  They have to be because they fear the law so much.  I was learning my rights as a young man in a low income neighborhood by the time I was seven years old.  And the same can be said by a large number of black children.  It's called "the talk".
  • BLM  is a hate group.
  • Let's go back to Mr. Trump.  A number of his supporters have openly come out as racists or persons who despise others because of the color of their skin.  Mr. Trump's following is not a hate group.  Because all of his followers don't share that belief.  BLM is not a hate group.
  • BLM acts on emotion and not logic.
  • Is it logical to assume that you would be completely apathetic to an event in which your loved ones were severely injured or killed?  While acting on emotion is bad, it's not unlikely.  It will happen.
  • BLM has a mob mentality.
  • Should I bring up Mr. Trump again?

I love you.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I'm going to save the radicalism for this one, but know that I'm equally pissed.

This petition is essentially a bunch of whiny, bubble-dwelling White people who think they can call anything they don't like in the news terrorism. This is probably the first time I've ever seen incidents like this involving BLM, whereas (as Dad said) Trump's supporters are openly racist, bigoted, and violent.

Wanna know a real terrorist group?

feDuoxs.jpg

This is a terrorist group.

The fact that we're calling an organization called "Black Lives Matter" a terrorist group in the first place is honestly astonishing and a huge step backwards.

And honestly, how come it only takes 100,000 people to write this petition? That's basically one single state, if not less.

All in all, it's as if we turned around and did the long jump.

I love you.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I'm going to save the radicalism for this one, but know that I'm equally pissed.

This petition is essentially a bunch of whiny, bubble-dwelling White people who think they can call anything they don't like in the news terrorism. This is probably the first time I've ever seen incidents like this involving BLM, whereas (as Dad said) Trump's supporters are openly racist, bigoted, and violent.

feDuoxs.jpg

The fact that we're calling an organization called "Black Lives Matter" a terrorist group in the first place is honestly astonishing and a huge step backwards.

And honestly, how come it only takes 100,000 people to write this petition? That's basically one single state, if not less.

You should have quit when you were ahead.

If we strip away the self-inflating ad hominem in that opening, we get to the claim that it's just white people calling anything they don't like terrorism. Did you even bother to read the pentition?

Terrorism is "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims."

BLM does use intimidation. Drastically ignoring the Black on Black crime rate and ingraining the idea that the biggest problem of some cracker cop trying to pop some caps into you IS intimidation. Violence?

New York BLM calling for dead cops. People in Furgeson destroying properties and saying they should kill cop kids. The message No Justice, No Peace

BLM might not be the hand that swinging the ax, but it's the voice egging the hand on.

Bigot means anyone who is unwilling to accept the opinions of others...so would they make YOU a bigot? You profiling anyone who signed this as white make YOU racist. And let's ignore all that. Are you really going to sink down to the "he did it too" elementary school logic?

No, the step backwards was BLM radicalizing. All lives matter. And all police brutality is a problem. Using race to charge up a movement that many people would have supported is the step back

BTW, 100000 might be "one state" but last I checked 1 (you) is even more insignificant. Calm your a if though. It's Obama, he's not gonna do anything to make BLM a terrorist group

I love you.

feDuoxs.jpg

Give me a break. You say you agree with Dad's post criticizing those who generalize the BLM movement then you fly off the handle and generalize all the people who signed that petition and those who support Trump. Get off your high horse. I know this might seem like an impossibility, but there are African Americans who are vocally against BLM as well. In fact, I'd wager a damn good percentage of those signatures were from Black people. The people who signed those petitions are scared. They have seen how out of hand these demonstrations can get and are trying to save themselves from the possibility of it ever happening, whether it does or not. No, BLM are not terrorists, but the fear expressed by these people shouldn't be generalized as a bunch of racist, "bubble-dwelling White people".

You don't have any authority to say whether society is backwards or forwards. And sometimes it IS important to take a step back and think before walking forwards into a wall. Trump supporters are not Racist bigots who hate immigrants. They are voters who are pissed off at the level of illegal immigration, government jockeyism, obvious media bias, lack of authority attention paid to the problems caused by Radical Islam, and the Clinton family's attempt for power in the whitehouse, AGAIN. And about the Trump supporters being violent...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/03/ugly-bloody-scenes-in-san-jose-as-protesters-attack-trump-supporters-outside-rally/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/06/09/time_for_the_left_to_stop_excusing_violence_against_trump_supporters_130831.html

Tell me who the funk was starting this crap, cause it certainly wasn't the Trump supporters. Or would you rather peddle the HuffPosts opinion that the violence is justified because you don't like Trump's opinions?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-benn/sorry-liberals-a-violent-_b_10316186.html

This is why people are supporting Trump. THIS is why he is gaining power. Because a bunch of low-life Regressive Leftists are attacking ANYONE who doesn't bow to their narrative, and the media is funking encouraging this attitude with scheming vigor. To be frank, your post went completely against Dad's despite the fact you said you agreed with him.

Oh and btw

Nobody cares how "equally pissed" you are. It is not relevant, it doesn't help your argument, and it's a pointless factoid about your feelings in any case.

There's one flaw in your idea of 'glorifying' the criminal lifestyle - It's arguably the best option for a lot of them. Because I would wager most of the effected are inner city kids so have sheet education systems - They most likely won't be able to get a degree, and thus whatever they do future employment options are slim because blue collar work in the US is all but dead. So they are left with a choice: Menial minimum wage work that gives them no real social mobility or any sense of financial security whilst also being very physical demanding in most cases. Or pedal drugs, or robbery. Sure there's a chance you wind up in jail, but what do you have to lose? You have no hope of escaping really, the system has been shitting on you from day one. You've probably seen friends or the family of friends get put away, or beaten. You've probably been harassed on the street, or treated like sheet. So what do you have to lose? It's not as simple as saying 'Stay away from drugs' when for these kids drugs is there best option to have anything close to above there station.

And because they have poor education, and are in poor environments, they are less likely to use condoms or other protection. That is true globally, poverty and higher birth rates are heavily linked. That would be another thing the government could do - Make sexual health education more of an important thing, and provide free contraception in easy to access locations. I know the US is weird about sexual education, but it would help. 

Until the situation of poverty gets addressed, and the education, these issues are incredibly hard to address. It's not as simple as the black current generation making change happen. It's change that has to be advocated from the top down, because it needs money, it needs co-ordination, it needs to legislative change. They can campaign for it sure, but the only way it happens is if enough of the voter base advocate for it. 

I know what UBI is, I'm a strong advocate of it. But it won't come overnight, and will have far more resistance than raising the minimum wage because of perception issues. Personally I think it's more satisfying to raise the minimum wage because it's a middle finger to companies like Wallmart, who pay minimum wage which is unlivable, encourage employees to get food stamps from the government to survive, and then have the food stamps be used at Wallmart - Essentially deliberately driving people into poverty to profit from the welfare the government is forced to provide to cope. Like... One sixth of Krafts revenue comes from food stamps, which is insane. That's literally a 6th of there money coming almost directly from the government. 

Think how much money the government saves if the minimum wage gets raised so sheet like that stops happening. It is also worth pointing out that UK recently increased it's minimum wage to be something that was closer to liveable, and the response from buisnesses wasn't to cut jobs, it was to lower profit or increase prices. So unless corporations in the US that are much different, I'd expect similar there. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36760387 Andif that's a genuine worry, the Feds can add some component giving a minor break to companies that retain workers at the new wage. 

There's one flaw in your idea of 'glorifying' the criminal lifestyle - It's arguably the best option for a lot of them. 

Just to be clear, I don't advocate for it.  I was just pointing out why it's glorified.  That being the nature of wanting to survive so you have to enter that criminal world in order to get anywhere.  And then a bunch of these rappers like to blow that sheet up in popularity like it's some kind of gift to our community.  Wayne.  Jeezy.  Gucci Mane.  And everybody like them.  What a bunch of degenerate bastards.

Are we saying that we should abolish BLM because black on black crime exists?  Or are we justifying police violence against citizens because of problems in the black community?  We highlight the thug life because after trying to do things legally and working through the system and still being told "no", we got angry.  So we tried peaceful protesting back in the 60s.  We were murdered for that.  Which is something that has been a trend among black leaders.  Every peaceful black leader that has tried to take a stand has been assassinated.  And when we do take stands in our own communities (which for some reason never seems to be highlighted in the media) we're looked at as if we should be spending our time elsewhere.  Our outreach programs (such as the arts program for underprivileged black youth, the prison outreach--might only be back home--for black fathers in prison away from their children, and the reading and responsibility program for black schools) are there.  But a lot of people don't see it because "black on black crime!"  Just because you don't know it's there doesn't mean it isn't.   

We're probably the most highlighted race in all of America because we worked hardest to build it.  So of course when a black man or woman makes a mistake (a really stupid mistake), the whole of the organization is jeopardized and black lives no longer matter.  What I have a hard time understanding is why we're being labeled as thugs, crooks thieves, when we do try to work hard, and we still get the short end of the stick.

A black man driving a Mercedes Benz was stopped, dragged out of his car, and held at gun point.  He complied, and he was still nearly killed because he was in a white neighborhood in the middle of the day driving a nice car.  Turns out he was a doctor who had earned his way up.  But that's not what is seen by police officers.

A white man was stopped in a black neighborhood driving an old sports car (iirc it was an old charger.  70's model I think).  Police told him to be careful and sent him on his way.  The car was stolen.

These are among the reasons BLM exists.  We're told to fix our own problems by people who see our problems and think they understand them, but haven't lived this life.  We're told that Black Lives can't Matter until Black on Black crime no longer exists, which is statistically impossible.  We're given these perfect standards to live up to, but even when we reach them, we're looked at and branded as cheaters and "you got handouts".  I have a hard time believing someone outside of my community knows what's best for it, when they haven't stepped in to help.

And All Lives Matter wasn't made to just mock BLM.  It was made to remove it.  We know All Lives Matter.  But no where in Black Lives Matter is there an "only" indication.  All Lives Matter arose because white people felt "well why aren't we included in this"?  Which is ironic, because black lives were not included in All Lives.  I'll be ready to believe All Lives Matter when I start seeing All Lives Matter protesters actually out there doing something.  When those officers were killed in Dallas, BLM showed up.  When the unarmed white boy Zach Hammond was killed in cold blood, All Lives Matter wasn't there either.  But BLM stepped up to make sure he wasn't ignored.  But as soon as someone says "Black Lives Matter", ALM peeps pop out of hiding.  Why?

We created programs and systems specifically for Black Communities to help Black Communities, but it was labeled racist.  BET?  Made because we couldn't get our music on to television.  Labeled racist for having an awards show for Black Artists, when we honor artists of so many creeds on that stage.  And for some reason, when someone does decide to watch BET, they always weight until the most depraved, stereotypical, unappreciative artist steps on stage to say, "see!  A thug!"  But then people ask "who is Kendrick Lamar?  Who the heck is Frank Ocean?  They haven't made the news.  Must not be a real artist."  But the reality is those artists have a large impact on the Black Community without the thug life style.  And they're doing well.

My point is, ya'll like to harp on BLM for not doing anything in our own communities because you don't know what BLM is doing in our communities.  So saying BLM should be disbanded because black on black crime exists is stupid.

And yes, the whole of the BLM community should be disbanded the next time a stupid n***a calls for the death of cops.  Considering we have our own people as cops too.

no, i am not saying that you, or anybody else should abolish BLM because of black on black crime. i'm saying black on black crime is 93% of the problem, and as such, should be the first thing BLM focuses upon before attempting to call out the 3% that comes from police. internal repairs before external resistance. if the message is black lives matter, then why would BLM not focus upon the area that has the absolute highest harm to blacks before all other areas? that being black on black violence? fix that, and you solve up to 93% of the problem. the cops are insignificant in the face of such a difference, yet BLM protests over cop killings while blacks murder blacks in back alleys to no fanfare. blacks have been murdered, but we made more progress then with the civil rights movement than BLM will today. in the past, skin color, sexual preference, and gender identity did not matter. it was freedom first, and if you believed in the cause (freedom of opportunity for every race, creed, ect,) then you were welcome. it wasn't black rights movement, i was civil rights movement. those walks of the past were met with fire hoses, police brutality, jeers from those against them, and violence. what are they challenging by these walks today? the walk is an empty action today. when blacks marched in the past, it was against overwhelming violence. and their peaceful responses were what made the movement so powerful. today, the walk is not a symbol, it's a hollow shell of what it used to represent, an empty gesture. people walking aren't facing violent beatdowns, or hoses, or dogs, they're facing problems that come from within the black community, while protesting the responses from without the black community. the effort BLM puts into protests would be far better directed towards funding their own educational assistance programs, would be better spent helping teach black people to stay on the right path, and all manner of other benefits. but instead, they protest black criminals dying, and you hear not a peep on the scale of Ferguson towards the hundreds dead and injured from black on black violence. we don't hear it because it's downed out by the hypocrisy. and that, is what i want them to change. BLM by it's very name, becomes hypocritical, because as it stands, it prioritizes the minority cause of black deaths above the extreme majority cause of black deaths. if BLM, then the black on black shootings would spark more outrage than the cop shootings, if BLM, then the vigor of BLM anti police walks and protests would be redirected into educating the young and stabilizing the black community from the inside.

black lives always matter. *lives* always matter. what you're doing here is ignoring the overwhelming evidence that blacks in america really to tend towards criminal actions in proportion to the ethnic size. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43look at the black crime rates, blacks, 13% of the population, are competing with the majority white of the population in multiple areas. you are attempting to justify criminal actions by claiming poverty.  it's coming from within the community, not from without. if you sag and speak stupid at a job interview, then the person who dresses appropriately will get the job over you. I've seen it happen, multiple times, black people go in for an interview, and bring the hood with them. leave it at home, or expect to fail interviews. it's not discrimination to not hire the person who can't speak or dress civilized. yeah, blacks get the short end of the stick, but how often does BLM actually attempt to improve the image and community in comparison to protest over perceived injustices?

and a homeless white man was beaten to death for fun by police, and a black girl was shot by a stray bullet in black on black violence, and 60 blacks were shot by blacks over the same weekend that one black man was shot by a cop. and a black sheriff declares black on black worse than police violence http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/sheriff-clarke-black-black-crime-much-bigger-problem-community-policingand BLM lies about cops killing blacks to push the call for cop reform http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler (let it be known, i also advocate police reform, but not because BLM, but because cops have been losing sight insofar as proper policing and respect due to the citizens.)  the ratio is 60-1 in favor of black on black crime. i do not care if the cops are shooting blacks under this context, because they are shooting one black for every 60+ shot, stabbed or beaen to death by other blacks. the greater problem is *clearly* black on black crime. the cops would have to go in a killing spree for months to kill as many  black people as blacks do. in numbers, and in intent, cops do far less harm to the black community than black criminals. and thanks to BLM protests, the cops are now leaving black neighborhoods in droves, while the crime rate spikes in those same neighborhoods at the same time. the cops are irrelevant under the context, because we are killing ourselves far more than cops. http://downtrend.com/71superb/black-lives-matter-protests-responsible-for-violent-crime-spike-in-Chicago

that is definitely racist. the only problem i see in your statement is " But that's not what is seen by police officers." not true. that's what's seen by corrupt police, most definitely, but to blanket cops with such a statement, is to ignore the extreme under frequency of cop shootings in relation to black crime.  http://www.wistv.com/story/28788192/will-stack-is-still-in-shock-over-reaction-to-his-viral-videothethe car wasn't stolen in this story, but they didn't check him to see if it was in that case either. they simply warned him, and sent him on his way. it's conduct, not skin color that gets you past cops.  yes, it's horrible that the thief got away at the time, but the operative word is thief, not white thief. unlike many who commit auto theft, he conducted himself properly when stopped, and the car theft likely hadn't been reported yet. it's not racism, it's deceit.  that's no excuse, but it does demonstrate a difference in attitude towards cops. by that same token: 

I have lived the life, i'm still living it. and victim complex is exactly what we don't need. if you choose armed robbery as a profession, being shot is an occupational hazard. there are job centers of all kinds, there are programs to bring people back on their feet, there are all manner of things to elevate black people, or any people, if they reach out for it. my sister applied for, and got 5 different jobs in the past 3 months (refused a few). she conducts herself in an educated manner, and she remembers to leave the hood at home when applying for new jobs. an applicable quote for the black community right now is: "in this day and age, ignorance is a choice, and they're still choosing ignorance"  BLM does not get to claim they care about black lives, and then gloss over the largest internal issues within the black community on their main pages FAQ page. yes, there are external problems as well, i would be stupid AND wrong if i said there were not, but before any of those, the internal problems need to be fixed, i'm not saying drop black crime to zero, i don't think that's any more possible than dropping any other crime rate to zero. but it demands more attention than that of police actions, because it clearly makes up the largest portion of black problems. if BLM, then the problem that involves the most blacks, should be the problem that receives the most attention in all forms. and that means taking it on from internal and external fronts. not just telling other people to solve it. what perfect standards? the request to unify the black family? the request to value the up-and-up over the thug life? the request to stop glorifying thugs and associated actions? the request to face adversity as a community, instead of dividing the issues? there are multiple reasonable proposals, and dozens of solutions, but BLM chooses to most widely emulate the most hollow of actions, while segregating the issues on basis of race, gender, and other manner of fronts. the civil rights movement used peach, and the result is the freedom we have today, the gay rights movement tried everything, but settled on the peaceful approach, and today we have gay pride parades that extend for miles and last for days. you don't solve the problem wit a beehive, you solve it with reasonable requests, and a respectful demeanor.

i don't care all that much for ALM either, but it is a countermeme, in the same vein as meninism. it merely points out the exclusion of saying BLM, there is no actual movement behind it any more than there is to the average hashtag group. it's not a racial issue to reform school, it's not a racial issue to reform social security, it's not a racial issue to reform prisons, it's an issue for all lives, because it affects all lives. the ALM 'movement' was, from the beginning, made to mock and criticism the BLM movement. the natural response to saying black lives matter, white lives matter, Asian lives matter, gay lives matter, or whatever other brand of lives matter is to say "don't all lives matter?" and like other memes before it, it took off into a life of it's own. but if you wish to fully discuss that particular branch, that can be reserved for an ALM thread, because i have more than enough to say, both positive and negative on them.

whether or not they were labeled racist is not the issue, the message delivered, is. to get it out the way though, if a program is specifically made for one race, then while probably not racist, it is at the very least, not inclusive to other races. nothing wrong with that, Spanish channels exist, as do Asian channels. it's just market targeting. now onto the main part, blacks have the highest amount of government assistance, yet continue to play the victim card. the tools to at least make it to lower middle class are there, but blacks rarely take advantage of them. in addition, black culture emphasizes ignorance these days, the civil rights movement was about freedom of opportunity, and the peaceful demonstrations included all races and demographics during the civil rights movement. i could care less who leads BLM, but if they cannot consistently organize a proper peaceful protest (which civil rights activists could do long before BLM), do not place the larger issue first, and are unwilling to recognize that the values of the original civil rights movement were more inclusive, and more effective, than the BLM movement of today. then the BLM movement is doomed to fail. again, the ideal, black lives mattering, is a given these days. in fact, in stark contrast, any group that so much as thinks white people are awesome is often called racist, and shut down by protesters. [spoiler=you want racism? here, have some racism:]

whites get it too these days, and whites are the only people who have no outside assistance specifically for them. it's racism all the same, but i guess it's OK because one of this guys ancestors was a bigot right? no. that doesn't work that way. if you want to fix racism, you include everybody, if you want BLM to be a legit movement, you need to push not for race based policies, but policies that benefit all downtrodden. it's fine if those policies are made by, or even for blacks, but if they are only ever for blacks, then they are inherently racist.

i believe that if BLM is not willing to reform their actions, and construct proper policy suggestions then yes, they should be disbanded. the largest problems in relation to the black community, are internal, in terms of crime, even though we make up 13-14% of the population, we compete with whites (the majority race) in multiple areas of crime. cops are barely a factor in light of that. list me sources of BLM doing work in communities, and not just latching onto them, actually starting, and progressing said actions, and i will applaud those actions, but at the same time, those actions need to be at the forefront of BLM, not on the backburner. their protests need to be focused upon self improvement, we already get more aid than any other group, we can go to work centers, the same ones AND different ones than whites, to get temp jobs, and the like, there is no excuse for the victim card these days.

it wasn't just one was it? it was an entire protest rally, and the result of said protest, directly lead to a removal of cops from black neighborhoods, and a consequential spike in violent black on black crime in the neighborhood was the end result. cops, are not the problem, whites are not the problem, and neither is the government. it is blacks, and the culture that is being supported in the black community. single mothership has to stop being praised, thug men and boys need to stop being admired, cop violence needs to be spoken out against, disrespecting authority needs to stop period, and a whole range of other issues that stem from within the black community. i can pull up hundreds, if not thousands, of articles of brand new ways black people have made a name for themselves in criminal activity. we ourselves, need to fix ourselves. the outside problems can be handled once we're united, but if BLM really values black lives, then the first step that the movement needs to take, is inside the black community, to repair the damage done by years of terrible examples.

I believe i myself said that quote in another thread right? and i stand by it. it is human to act in less than civil manners, but that does not make it right, we should be working towards never having another human need to commit to such actions. not coloring the issues with race goggles.

[spoiler= 'the options'] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS0KeT6qQhc 

I'm more than willing to acknowledge that black on black crime is an ongoing problem present in our neighborhoods, schools, and places of work.  A socioeconomic crisis locks down and binds those communities into less funded public schools, project housing, and allows crime rates to flourish.  And if those projects are being funded by the government, then they know it doesn't work.  But I know too damn well that black on black crime is a problem.  So does BLM.  

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-movement-against-police-violence-isnt-ignoring-black-on-black-crime/

http://www.metro.us/new-york/exclusive-most-precincts-in-nyc-s-anti-gun-violence-program-see-drop-in-shootings/zsJojz---I31o20d6ycXGE/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-black-lives-matter-moca-grief-20160707-snap-story.html

Fact of the matter is, we know it too well.  I guess the black community has become so desensitized to the violence we use against our own brothers and sisters that we stop crying and caring.  When those 60 people were shot and killed in sparse locations all over Chicago, we couldn't cry out loudly enough.  The violence isn't new.  It's the cameras that are new.

So I'll tell you what we should do.  Since BLM is a problem, not only should we disband it, but we should increase police routes / coverage / visits (whatever you wanna call it) to black neighborhoods.  We should revisit the 300 million dollar plan meant to go to the police department (for more weapons, more vehicles, more body armor, and more manpower) and stick cops in every project and ghetto from Chi-raq to the N.O.  We should put up more cameras and red light checks in more populated black neighborhoods, so they know we're watching them.  If black on black crime and violence in black communities is going to end, and relations with police and black communities are going to improve, we should just give it all to the law.  That means more training, more hours, more work, and less excuses.

Making BLM focus more on the crime in our neighborhoods will not reduce violence against citizens by police.  While it more than deserves the front page, dismissing excessive use of force against civilians is willfully ignorant.  And yes, BLM should be responsible for black crime.  But neither statistic should make the other any less relevant.

Just to be clear, I don't advocate for it.  I was just pointing out why it's glorified.  That being the nature of wanting to survive so you have to enter that criminal world in order to get anywhere.  And then a bunch of these rappers like to blow that s*** up in popularity like it's some kind of gift to our community.  Wayne.  Jeezy.  Gucci Mane.  And everybody like them.  What a bunch of degenerate a******s.

I actually don't mind it being glorified. These rappers glorify it for sure, but I dare anyone to point out to me a single rapper who ever actually advocated the gang lifestyle. People enjoy that because it presents a mindset and experience unfamiliar to them, and the rappers cater to that. They have almost never told people to do it however. Mostly because when given the choice between being a gangster and a rapper, I think most would choose rapper.

Just a point to bring up regarding BLM: it isn't a "unified movement." BLM is decentralized: there is no formal hierarchy or central body that defines its stance towards issues. Calls to "reform the BLM message" are not going to happen easily precisely because there are so many disparate groups of thought associated under the title, and a number of those groups and people are at odds with the majority over course of action. Just look what happened at Bernie Sanders' rally getting interrupted in Seattle a few months ago.

Lack of structure/hierarchy is a failing of the movement, imho, one that caused Occupy Wall Street to fail as well. While I can appreciate the overall sentiment behind BLM, without a centralized body through which its message can be crafted (and through which they can deny radicals who try to co-opt it for their own end), it won't have any leverage to affect policy. And if they can't leverage to make change, then there will be a large number of people who just see them as rabble-rousers.

Just a point to bring up regarding BLM: it isn't a "unified movement." BLM is decentralized: there is no formal hierarchy or central body that defines its stance towards issues. Calls to "reform the BLM message" are not going to happen easily precisely because there are so many disparate groups of thought associated under the title, and a number of those groups and people are at odds with the majority over course of action. Just look what happened at Bernie Sanders' rally getting interrupted in Seattle a few months ago.

Lack of structure/hierarchy is a failing of the movement, imho, one that caused Occupy Wall Street to fail as well. While I can appreciate the overall sentiment behind BLM, without a centralized body through which its message can be crafted (and through which they can deny radicals who try to co-opt it for their own end), it won't have any leverage to affect policy. And if they can't leverage to make change, then there will be a large number of people who just see them as rabble-rousers.

This is both relevant and irrelevant, but Gamergate had this exact issue during the early years. Because it was just a hashtag movement, a lot of it's early days were chaotic as Hell and a lot of heinous people did stupid sheet making us all look bad, eventually we created the KotakuInAction subreddit, which is regarded as the defacto gathering for Gamergate and it's related discussions. To be quite honest, if KiA had not been made, Gamergate would probably be full of insane maniacs and the whole movement would have become a joke.

Unorganized movements can be a pain, but there is always hope for BLM. They just need a centralized body to follow, one that contains a majority opinion felt by its supporters but also weeds out the crazies. It can make a big difference in any movement.

Black Lives Matter is not even an organization, much less a terrorist organization. 

There are a lot of problems going on right now and a lot of stupidity coming from people who want vengeance on American police, but boiling it all down to a phrase is ineffective and stupid.  It's like what happened with GamerGate but with actual consequences. 

The problem with being so dismissive of BLM is that it starts to create the feeling that people have a problem with not just violent acts associated with it, but the idea that the lives of black people matter.

Black Lives Matter, as a concept, is necessary, as is clearly shown by the response to it.

Just my five cents. 

I'm more than willing to acknowledge that black on black crime is an ongoing problem present in our neighborhoods, schools, and places of work.  A socioeconomic crisis locks down and binds those communities into less funded public schools, project housing, and allows crime rates to flourish.  And if those projects are being funded by the government, then they know it doesn't work.  But I know too damn well that black on black crime is a problem.  So does BLM.  

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-movement-against-police-violence-isnt-ignoring-black-on-black-crime/

http://www.metro.us/new-york/exclusive-most-precincts-in-nyc-s-anti-gun-violence-program-see-drop-in-shootings/zsJojz---I31o20d6ycXGE/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-black-lives-matter-moca-grief-20160707-snap-story.html

Fact of the matter is, we know it too well.  I guess the black community has become so desensitized to the violence we use against our own brothers and sisters that we stop crying and caring.  When those 60 people were shot and killed in sparse locations all over Chicago, we couldn't cry out loudly enough.  The violence isn't new.  It's the cameras that are new.

So I'll tell you what we should do.  Since BLM is a problem, not only should we disband it, but we should increase police routes / coverage / visits (whatever you wanna call it) to black neighborhoods.  We should revisit the 300 million dollar plan meant to go to the police department (for more weapons, more vehicles, more body armor, and more manpower) and stick cops in every project and ghetto from Chi-raq to the N.O.  We should put up more cameras and red light checks in more populated black neighborhoods, so they know we're watching them.  If black on black crime and violence in black communities is going to end, and relations with police and black communities are going to improve, we should just give it all to the law.  That means more training, more hours, more work, and less excuses.

Making BLM focus more on the crime in our neighborhoods will not reduce violence against citizens by police.  While it more than deserves the front page, dismissing excessive use of force against civilians is willfully ignorant.  And yes, BLM should be responsible for black crime.  But neither statistic should make the other any less relevant.

so i'd assume you agree to most of the points i had then? 

in any case:
[spoiler=your first link has a few flaws to it]
not flaws with your own statement, but i have to point them out just in case anybody's thinking they're the facts.

the first being, "the Ferguson effect" is not a myth. the police protests by BLM led to an increase in complications for those police monitoring black neighborhoods, as an effect, they have lessened patrols in black neighborhoods. the sudden spike in violence in those neighborhoods coincides only with the decrease in police patrols, and the police patrols were lessened as a result of the BLM police protests increasing hostility towards police in black neighborhoods, along with threats of violence towards the police headquarters. all three correlate, and there is nothing else that presents a clear cause other than that connection. ergo, BLM has, even if unintentionally, spiked the rate of crime in many black neighborhoods. even the cop's breakdown was accurate in light of the responses towards cops. look at any cop video on youtube relating to the violence in the black community and you'll understand where he's coming from.
the second flaw being the points that Samuel points out. police violence isn't always correct, but in many cases, it is indeed necessary to put a quick end to the problem. brutality is never justified, but violence is not always brutality. moderate violence when dealing with violent criminals, or criminals who continue to resist after being caught or caught up to is the fastest way to put an end to the threat from said criminals, both for the cops and for any surrounding civilians. they aren't leaving because they don't want to be scrutinized, they're leaving because anti-police sentiment is at a it's highest in black neighborhoods. police might be public servants, but there's a point where risking their lives isn't worth it, and it's gotten to the point where more police would just escalate the problem. so instead, the cops dial back, and wait the black community themselves want the police. it's honestly the best solution. 

look at the name of the effect: "the Ferguson effect" Ferguson, the event where the police were proven to be in the right. yet it's the name for the effect as if the police were in the wrong. just a personal nitpick though, ignore it if you wish

third flaw "In some ways, it’s a twist on the way in which “black-on-black crime” has been used to deflect our attention from the ways in which police have been used to subjugate and dehumanize black communities." it's not demonizing to point out the flaws within the black community. police, subjugate criminals, not blacks. there are a higher ratio of black criminals in proportion to the racial percentages, especially in majority black cities. is it any wonder that blacks would be the more arrested demographic? not to mention when blacks become police, they're often called out by other blacks in those same communities with accusations of "selling out" or being "uncle tom" and other bullshit names. where exactly is the demonizing coming from when the black community is so provably anti-police? -- http://imgur.com/a/sKabZ-- just for reference, the list they're citing as false in the comments is this one: http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/trump-retweets-bogus-crime-graphic, which was removed from the post already.

next flaw is completely retarded. "this new generation does care about so-called “black-on-black crime,” though it refuses that misleading phrase." what is misleading about black on black crime? if it's a crime, and it's perpetrated by a black person, upon another black person, then it is black on black crime. everything they list following this is a crime is it not? then it is black on black crime. it is that simple. this article, at this pint is attempting to divide crime as if the type of crime makes a difference to the statement "black on black crime" it does not.

the following flaw is only a flaw if you look at it from a common sense perspective: "the goal is to eliminate the constant police presence altogether." they succeeded in this area. the cops are leaving. their goal has been achieved. and i hope they're happy. this article makes the claim that blacks are being categorized as criminals by default. they are not. they are demographically the current group with the highest criminal activity per capita, and in addition, within the black community, ant-police sentiments run extremely rampant.

the final flaw is the entire end section to those who didn't read the article:
"This is what Black Youth Project 100, and several other organizations, were telling us when they were arrested for protesting Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s plan to hire 300 more police officers and give $200 million to the police department. At the same convention where Comey delivered his remarks on the “Ferguson effect,” the organizers “bound [themselves] together by lock boxes while they shut down three intersections surrounding the IACP’s conference location at McCormick Place…and one organizer took down the American flag and replaced it with a flag titled, ‘Unapologetically Black,’” BYP100’s Facebook page describes, while wearing hoodies that said “Fund Black Futures.” “BYP100, allied-organizations, and community supporters conducted…direct actions at the IACP conference to demonstrate an urgency to divest from police departments and organizations and reallocate funds to programs and policies that keep Black communities safe,” the Facebook post continued. The fight to end police violence is not separate from that to end intra-racial violence, because they are direct results of the same system, and must be addressed through the same measures." 
now upon reading that, i assume you'll notice that the BYP100's actions flagrantly broke quite a few laws. obstructing traffic and causing public disturbance among them. and i ask you to reverse that, if white's had done the same thing, would they not have deserved arrest? it's the same here. during the CRM, blacks were not out breaking the law, they were peacefully protesting, not defacing public property, none of that. they merely marched, they were peaceful, and they provided a strong contrast. 
the rest of the article (all 2 small paragraphs) highlights a group that actually puts positive change on the streets, but what it misses is the fact that cops aren't there for that kind of stuff, the things they're highlighting are not the responsibilities of cops. cops are there as a deterrent to criminal activity, to end criminal activity and keep law abiding citizens safe. i doubt the SOS group is doing drug busts or intervening in violent shootouts. 
this article itself doesn't even know what it wants. the second headline is "Black Lives Matter activists are concerned about intra-racial violence. But they don’t see police and prisons as the solution." and yet they try to act, throughout the entire beginning of the article, as if the police leaving the area isn't exactly what they've asked for in that same line.
they're getting exactly what they wanted.

the second one? i applaud. wholeheartedly. the only criticism i have at all is that it attempts to act as if the funding from the state played no part in assisting, but that nitpick is minor in favor of gun violence reduction. this kind of cooperation needs to be continued. increase support that helps people get jobs, and discourage gang or singular violence. the person who can feed themselves and their family is the person less likely to shoot up a store, or turn to drug money. it's a wonderful article, because it's nonviolent, constructive actions that increase the good in the community. it doesn't point fingers, it doesn't make excuses, it simply puts in work to an end that all black communities should hope for.

as for the third one, a few flaws, and a couple of commendations. 

first, the flaws: "But it quickly turned into a community forum as it came amid a wave of protests and racial anxiety following two high-profile shootings of black men this week at the hands of police. " two shootings. two. these kinds of lines are littered throughout the article, and by the end, it's morbidly funny that the 5 innocent police deaths at the hands of a sniper aren't stressed as much as the 2 innocent black lives at the hands of the police. not to mention the black community has too much fear for the police in relation to the amount of people killed by police, when compared to the amount of blacks killed by black on black violence. it's absurd. if you're afraid of the cops because two innocent blacks died at the hands of cops, then why aren't the completely shitting themselves at the sight of blacks, when blacks kill more blacks per month than cops kill in a year? that is the only nitpick though.
he last flaw is that i heard no solutions mentioned, only fears and group chanting. that's not how you make a conference productive. they have a forum to list off concerns and all they decide to do is complain? nope. gotta bring more than that to the table.

as for commendations, i am glad that they are getting people together, because hopefully, that will lead into discussions of solutions, and not just repetition of fears. a busted taillight is not guaranteed to lead to deadly confrontation, in fact, it's not likely to lead to anything majo so long as you properly conduct yourself. there are exceptions to the rule, and those exceptions DO happen more to blacks than other races, but they are still few and far between, and are often amped up greatly by the media, but it's good that people are coming together and at least joining under a peaceful manner.

yes, we know it well, but many times, it's glossed over as the lesser of the problems. the second link was the one that directly adressed it, the other two diverted it with varying levels of wording. indeed, we're to desensitized to it these days. and that needs to be adressed. we shoot ourselves, and leave our children 1 parent or parent-less. we are our worst enemy right now, many depend upon the government to give them things, and even more abuse the system, having kids they don't want just so they can keep themselves in comfort, and away from jobs. it's gotta stop.

disbanding BLM is necessary only if reform is impossible. police surveillance does not need to increase, it merely had to become more welcome, and less confronted (not advocating cops in your house, just cop presence in the streets) cops aren't the largest problem, but they don't need 300 million more dollars to the budget just to give them military class weapons. they do need better body armor though. we do not need more cameras and red lights in black neighborhoods, we need them in neighborhoods with higher crime rates. they are often related, but they are not always the same. finally, more training, hours work and exercise is not really a bad thing even were things to become more peaceful.
no, it will not, at least not at first, but tell me, if BLM were to manage reducing the crime rate in black neighborhoods, would they not reduce the overall need for cops by proxy? there would still be a need for them, as i've said before, crime is unlikely to ever drop below zero, but I guarantee if you changed the peoples attitude towards cops, and lowered the correlation between blacks and criminal activities, the cops would no longer need to operate on higher levels of alert when entering black neighborhoods. doesn't solve all the problems, but it solves enough of them no?

I actually don't mind it being glorified. These rappers glorify it for sure, but I dare anyone to point out to me a single rapper who ever actually advocated the gang lifestyle. People enjoy that because it presents a mindset and experience unfamiliar to them, and the rappers cater to that. They have almost never told people to do it however. Mostly because when given the choice between being a gangster and a rapper, I think most would choose rapper.

https://web.stanford.edu/class/e297c/poverty_prejudice/mediarace/negative.htm

no gangster lifestyle, but more than enough ani authority sentiment, and definite advocating of violence on the track. sure, criminal music sells, but it's gotta be stressed that criminal lifestyle should not. nowhere in the above songs list  is there a condemnation of violence, or an advocation of respect towards police.

This is both relevant and irrelevant, but Gamergate had this exact issue during the early years. Because it was just a hashtag movement, a lot of it's early days were chaotic as Hell and a lot of heinous people did stupid s*** making us all look bad, eventually we created the KotakuInAction subreddit, which is regarded as the defacto gathering for Gamergate and it's related discussions. To be quite honest, if KiA had not been made, Gamergate would probably be full of insane maniacs and the whole movement would have become a joke.

Unorganized movements can be a pain, but there is always hope for BLM. They just need a centralized body to follow, one that contains a majority opinion felt by its supporters but also weeds out the crazies. It can make a big difference in any movement.

gamergate had clear cut heads though (many major youtubers were in the group, and they all outlined the goals clearly.). in addition, GG wasn't about a victim complex, the damage from GG came mostly from outside sources, and while there existed bad apples, they were often stamped out from within the group itself. in addition, GG as a movement was something that had never existed before, and had no backing from anywhere major outside of reddit and youtube. in fact, GG was a movement targeted not only from outside forces, but by it's own internal ones, those being gamer specific news outlets like kotaku and siliconera. who report on gamer news, and only on gamer news. they even made an episode on one of the cop shows, where GG was represented as a terrorist organization, and unlike the documented actions of BLM, or BLM asccociated events, GG had done nothing and had nothing done, especially at that point, to be labeled a terrorist organization, or even as a hate group.

In addition, the initial cause and goals are not only documented, but outlined with distinct detail. (zoe quinn funked a ton of people to get good reviews on a sheet game, cheating on her partner to do so, this sparked outrage not just at her, but towards those in charge who allowed such actions to slide at the aforementioned game news outlets, among others.) this was precluded by continuous jabs at gamers from within their own news outlets, and documented ridicule from all manner of sources, including mainstream news and feminist blogs. GG has quite a bit over BLM, but with a proper reformation, BLM would be as strong of a movement, and equally justified, as it stands now, while it does have a head founder, the solutions it has are often either unclear, or highly impractical/impossible. if things like the 2nd link become more prominent than things like the first link, and the abundance of anti authority protests, they'll be a legit organization. they're getting there though, however slowly, so i've gotta at least give them that much.

• 1 month later...

I mean the fact that black people are going around witch-hunting white people is just as bad as white people witch hunting blacks. At this point, Black Lives Matter has become closer to a domestic terrorist group than an actual movement. Which, ironically, depreciates the entire meaning of the movement. So, if Black Lives Matter, do White lives not also matter? At that point, you're just supporting racial segregation again, just in the opposite manner. 

I mean the fact that black people are going around witch-hunting white people is just as bad as white people witch hunting blacks. At this point, Black Lives Matter has become closer to a domestic terrorist group than an actual movement. Which, ironically, depreciates the entire meaning of the movement. So, if Black Lives Matter, do White lives not also matter? At that point, you're just supporting racial segregation again, just in the opposite manner. 

If you're stupid enough to believe Black Lives Matter was started to represent, or means that "White Lives Don't Matter" you're part of the problem.  And I wouldn't hesitate to believe that.  But I doubt for even a second that you would know anything about the movement or what it stands for.

Combining this thread with the other one.

If you're stupid enough to believe Black Lives Matter was started to represent, or means that "White Lives Don't Matter" you're part of the problem.  And I wouldn't hesitate to believe that.  But I doubt for even a second that you would know anything about the movement or what it stands for.

Combining this thread with the other one.

as with many things, the actions of the people within, are far more telling than the stated cause. the actions of the people in this article support shard's point far more than they support your own, the only reason the protesters didn't kill that reporter was because of his race. had he been white, he would undoubtedly be dead right now. and this is sadly neither the first, nor will it be the last time that there is an article of this variety.

this article (the original) is wrong on more levels than i can believe. the premise of the protest is stupid as all hell, the actions of the protesters were so far out of line that at least half of them would likely be candidates for a long prison term at this point, and the clear racism demonstrated by the crowd is simply sickening. he was safe because of his race? what kind of reassurance is that? stop hitting him because he's not white? how about stop hitting him because you're (apparently not) civilized human beings? and this barely scratches the surface of what's wrong with the article. there's so much depth to how wrong it is that i'd lose multiple hours of sleep just putting it all to detail. it's a twisted story about a man who can't even recognize the blatant racism sitting in from of him, and justifies riots because a man who was very likely an armed criminal died. from the premise to the close, these are the actions of those representing BLM, and i seen nothing worth defending about any of it.

Then don't defend it.  Let it die.  You never defended it in the first place, nor did something like this matter to you.  So that's totally irrelevant.  Problem is, they got outta hand.  People got hurt.  They funked up.  Whole race will suffer for a bunch of niggas who got big heads.  But that's not something you need to be concerned with.  Cuz you won't be affected.  Go on about your business.  Stay inside, lock your doors.  There is no problem.

Not for you.

And I think most people honestly believe that too.  Problem lies within us as people.  We don't work hard enough.  We don't get enough of an education.  We don't promote enough of our well being.  And when we do, niggas are gon show up and blow up.  And we're back to square one.

And everybody is at fault.

We don't work hard enough.  We don't get enough of an education.  We don't promote enough of our well being.  And when we do, niggas are gon show up and blow up.  And we're back to square one.

Al Sharpton just bashed Trump for saying that. And said it's racist and derogatory. Most blacks seem to disagree with you on that man. Atleast the loudest ones, be it media or magnified IRL

Then don't defend it.  Let it die.  You never defended it in the first place, nor did something like this matter to you.  So that's totally irrelevant.  Problem is, they got outta hand.  People got hurt.  They f***ed up.  Whole race will suffer for a bunch of niggas who got big heads.  But that's not something you need to be concerned with.  Cuz you won't be affected.  Go on about your business.  Stay inside, lock your doors.  There is no problem.

Not for you.

And I think most people honestly believe that too.  Problem lies within us as people.  We don't work hard enough.  We don't get enough of an education.  We don't promote enough of our well being.  And when we do, niggas are gon show up and blow up.  And we're back to square one.

And everybody is at fault.

If nobody calls it out, then they can get away with it all they like. it's not the kind of issue that will die if merely left alone. the idea of BLM, the core idea, is that black lives matter, and that's fine. i would never object to that idea on it's own, but then you see things like this, and they are all too common with BLM. which is why even as i gave criticisms, i praised the links you gave, because those are people who are actually acting in a manner that signifies black lives mattering. this on the other hand, sets back the movement, and unless it's called out, and reasons why it's wrong are given, this corruption of the idea will not be stopped.

it's something i need to be concerned about because it makes its way everywhere, it's at my job, it affects my family, it raises it's head around friends and strangers alike, even while i was at the mall, minding my own business, a couple of idiots behind me started shouting black lives matter, in what i thought at the time was an attempt to provoke me (i was the only black person around that i could see, and the mall was relatively empty at the time) this messes with me because idiots and incidents like these aren't stomped out as soon as possible. this is a literal hazard to the safety of a large amount of people, this isn't just feelings getting hurt, this reporter, and many others people who weren't so lucky to not be white, have been physically harmed because of it, it's widespread criminal actions that are somehow being justified in the most racist manner i've seen of late.

if your comment was rhetorical, pay this comment no mind.

My comment was mostly rhetorical.  The bit winter highlighted was sarcasm, so I'm not sure why he highlighted it considering our past conversations.  zzz

But the rest of that is fine.  It affects everyone.  But for the amount of people who are so ready to call it out when it's wrong, those same people are never ready to help when it's right.  And those of us who have done both are pissed about it.  

My comment was mostly rhetorical.  The bit winter highlighted was sarcasm, so I'm not sure why he highlighted it considering our past conversations.  zzz

But the rest of that is fine.  It affects everyone.  But for the amount of people who are so ready to call it out when it's wrong, those same people are never ready to help when it's right.  And those of us who have done both are pissed about it.  

Because it's not helpful. 

We've been over exactly what the outreach to blacks needs to be, "hows" not "promises"

I read it sarcasm more than rhetorical though

imo, the picture and comment was definitely the kind of thing that is deserving of heavy reproach, but the actions loomis is  threatening to take are too much. i can see why he would, but there are also innocent people who go to those games, who ought to be the real reason for guarding it. 

Archived