Debating Police Actions (f.t. Cops)

Nathanael D. Striker

Two police officers were killed in the line of duty today.  The suspect fired numerous shots at the officers, shot at their robot, and there were dozens of officers on the scene.  The suspect was taken alive.  Now tell me what's wrong with that picture?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisconsin like events is why nobody takes BLM seriously.

National Guard called to Milwaukee because a Black cop shot this Black individual ending in white people being targeted

Edit: police cam shows he had a gun

A few things I'd like some clarification on.

Why specifically "Wisconsin like"?

And given lack of information I'm confused where BLM came into the picture.

A few things I'd like some clarification on.

Why specifically "Wisconsin like"?

And given lack of information I'm confused where BLM came into the picture.

Cuz most BLM events are great. Wisconsin and Ferguson strike me as the most counterproductive pushes thus far

BLM affiliated people are throwing riots now cuz of this shooting

• 4 weeks later...

The killing of Terence Crutcher, a black man who had stopped his vehicle in the road is absolutely unacceptable.

One of the witnesses told 911 that Crutcher ran from the car, stating it was going to explode. “I think he’s smoking something,” said the caller.

See this is whats wrong. There is clearly a problem here. The solutions tend to come when the sides work together though.

But prayers to this man's family. Mods don't want me to link the video on here, but it's a travesty and shame on the nation

Two more black men killed, unarmed. One was reading a book, and the other was surrendering with his hands up. If Ya'll don't get it by now, you won't get it. It's almost illegal to be black. I'm fearing for my life because even when we cooperate, we are killed.

Two more black men killed, unarmed. One was reading a book, and the other was surrendering with his hands up. If Ya'll don't get it by now, you won't get it. It's almost illegal to be black. I'm fearing for my life because even when we cooperate, we are killed.

Still sick, but they found PCP in crutcher's car. And we haven't gotten a toxrep yet.

Also a black cop shot that poor man yesterday. There is a problem, but I'm not sure it's entirely racism

The problem is both racism and the fact that we literately let cops get away with murder.  We can't just give cops a free pass to shoot people because they look like "bad dudes," (could you be any more transparent about your racism for funk's sake.)

I see a lot of people on Facebook and the like complaining about the paid leave, they should stop.  It's like that for a reason.  Cops have families, you can't subject their kids to starving whenever one is under review for a bad call.  The cop should probably be in jail for this one, but I digress.  Paid leave is a good system. 

It's inexcusable, a male cop tased him first, the lady had no business shooting him, and the wound wasn't even fatal, they basically let him bleed out. I'm just saying it's not entirely one sided

The sheet the helicopter pilots were saying was gross too.

But the image that there is a blue death squad out to get blacks is just meh

It should be noted that we have footage from the police helicopter of the man who was shot with his hands up over 'not co-operating'. I believe we even have some of the police radio intercept that clearly has them saying 'suspect is co-operating'. At no point does the video show any officer in peril, any officer give just cause to shoot the man instead of tasering him. The man was essentially executed in cold-blood. 

But you just know that the officer in question will be back on the streets in a few weeks, and you know that somewhere else in the country a cop or several cops will be attacked as the situation just continues to escalate because the police force is rotten from the inside out for one reason or another. Fun times in store. My heart goes out to everyone who has to live in fear of what should have been stopped years ago. 

i don't believe cops are out to get blacks, this was closer to an unlucky person having a cop who wasn't fit for the force assigned to him. just to get it out the way, leaving him to bleed out was the worst part of this story, the man could have been saved had they acted as fast as possible to remedy their mistake.

as for the shot fired, that woman isn't cut out for this job. she couldn't handle a situation that was, from all the context that we have at this point in time, under control, and even at the point where it looked like it was getting out of their control, there was clearly an alternative available to them (one person tasered). simple fact, if you don't have the confidence, or presence of mind, to handle a basic confrontation without a gun, you don't deserve to be on the force.

I'm gonna start videoing every encounter I have with Australian police. You think this is bad, (well it is because they do bad things) But over here, you will literally get abused by a cop because of the colour of your clothes. And they will be physical with no justification, and they enjoy it. They laugh at teenagers while they assault them for no reason, i've seen it happen many times. My best friend got attacked by a police officer after being lured into a dark corner for "a talk" and when my friend fought back because he'd done nothing wrong he was attacked by 3 more officers, then in the station they told him that if he wasn't going to make a statement they'd let him go then and there, but if he was "they will make his next 12 hours in holdup, hell" And the worst part is, they basically ONLY target the caucasian citizens, because they know our country is 110% pretentious as funk and will only combat issues against Blacks or Muslims. Police forces all over the world are literally just Mafia gangs that you need to pay for protection. The whole idea is sickening, and the fact that it's supported by the government even after overwhelming evidence that the majority (>50%) of the police force is corrupt, racist, sexist scum.

People are the funking worst.  It's like they want start a war over it.

Regardless, while I don't think cops are consciously seeking out black citizens to murder, in this case it sure seems like they placed zero value on this guy's life, which from my perspective is just as bad. 

Seem like he had a gun, and the cop was black....so cries of racism don't really match up

The protesters have killed one man (again black) today, put another in crit con. Beat up a CNN reporter, and tried to throw another reported in a fire

It's not helping BLM one damn bit when Black lives ONLY matter when a cop is the killer

Archived