Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Astro Dude

I just got Path of Radiance and I got to Chapter 8. Unlocked support system. So, question... What are the canon relationships? What I mean is I want something like Ephraim and Eirika, or Chrom and Sumia. Should I pair up Ike with Elincia? And if so, what about everyone else?

I got some:

Ike + Elincia

Mist + Jill

There's a whole deal with making ideal couples based on their support elements since different ones grant different bonuses which can be very good on certain characters, but just go with what you want, the supports are one of the FE series' best parts. Though you only get 5 in this game, unlike the newer ones where you can get as many as you want, so if you want you should take the time to read the supports outside of the game, they're very good.

When it comes to Ike, your "canon" relationships are either none or Soren (maybe Ranulf but not as much), depending on how you view Ike. Personally I think he's pretty darn asexual, and he's just close friends with Soren (though Ike does have a descendant in Awakening so obviously something happened with some female).

Though there is that special base conversation you can get that gives a big reveal about Soren's past in Radiant Dawn if you use a memory card with Path of Radiance clear data that has Ike/Soren at A rank, obtain A rank with them again in Radiant Dawn, and do one other special thing. That gets brought up a lot.

Also, if you ever feel like it, you should do an Ike solo run. It's really fun and actually insanely easier than playing normally because of how OP as sheet Ike is.

I'm thinking of pairing up Mist and Jill. That any good? Also, though unrelated, should I get Nasir or Ena for my first playthrough? BTW, it's set on Easy.

Back on topic, who should I pair off the following with aside from Ike and Mist:

• Titania
  • Soren
  • Oscar
  • Boyd
  • Rhys
  • Mia

I just got Path of Radiance and I got to Chapter 8. Unlocked support system. So, question... What are the canon relationships? What I mean is I want something like Ephraim and Eirika, or Chrom and Sumia. Should I pair up Ike with Elincia? And if so, what about everyone else?

I got some:

Ike + Elincia

Mist + Jill

………You do realize that Ephraim and Eirika are siblings, right? I mean, I know incest isn't something Fire Emblem is afraid of, but I don't think Ephraim and Eirika are good examples of what you have in mind.

………You do realize that Ephraim and Eirika are siblings, right? I mean, I know incest isn't something Fire Emblem is afraid of, but I don't think Ephraim and Eirika are good examples of what you have in mind.

Yes, I do know they are siblings, but I feel like it's only fair that they rule as King and Queen With Ephraim being K and Eirika being Q. But it is nothing dirty, as Eirika helps ber brother be a better king. Another good pairing I decided to go with is Amelia and Duessel, since that one is a rather happy ending as both Amelia and her mother are reunited, thanks to him.

As for Path of Radiance, since I am playing it on Easy, and I still have a way to go, btw, no deaths so far and even if there was I simply restart form the start of the last chapter since I'm the type who does not like to lose units. This is a Pre-Awakening game so permadeath is expected.I will go for Ike and Elincia, I will choose Ena and I already paired Mist and Jill even though it is unnecessary... But I have to ask, when you start a New Game Plus, do you keep your current support levels or are those reset? Come a Normal playthrough which will be my second I will go for Nasir. Odd numbered playthroughs (3rd, 5th, etc,) I will get Ena. Even numbered ones (4th, 6th, etc) I'll get Nasir provided I buff Ike's stats enough to beat the Black Knight.

So many questions like who the better... on second thought never mind since I know the Falcon Knights are the better Triangle Attackers. I tend to spend my Bonus EXP on healers so they can become monsters. Most of these missions are hard... In Solo, are all the priests equipped with Light in Normal or Hard difficulties? Cause That would make saving them much harder.

Planning out certain things in advance is hard. I had to look up a guide for the stealth mission on where to place my units. I also had to keep Tanith from dying so I could have Janaff talk to Naesala before too many of his Kilvan allies get slaughtered or kill me.

I think I have a pretty solid team: There's

• Ike
  • Mist
  • Ilyana
  • Soren
  • Lethe
  • Jill
  • Titania
  • Calill
  • Volke
  • Nephanee
  • Marcia

More of a perspective of who to keep and who not to use. I never use Sothe cause where I am now he could be killed in one hit. Just makes me wonder why so many units have poor stats when you get them. I use Nephanee every chance I get, Mist as well.

One thing can be for sure, I will have one heck of a time trying to uber everyone in Radiant Dawn. As for Fates, Birthright I'll side with Hoshido, Conquest, Nohr and when I get the DLC for it, Revelations, neither.

But I need a lowdown. Aside from Ike, who SHOULD I use more often than not?

Well, I just beat Petrine at The Great Bridge with Ike and also just recruited Haar. Took some Trial and Error too, First I thought the reinforcement came from the side, nope, top right. For my team I picked Ike, Ilyana, Calill, Mist, Brom, Rolf, Lethe. Ranulf, Jill to get Haar, Marcia, Nephanee, Shinon, and Soren.

Ok, I'll put a simple list (asterisks mean a character is especially good/bad), it's all my opinion and if you want my reasoning for a character just ask. One of the biggest factors in whether a character is good or not is their growth rates (the percentage chance that a stat will increase upon leveling up), and while there is a general idea of how characters end up, any character has the potential to be good or bad, given lucky or unlucky enough level ups. For example, Ike is normally OP as sheet, but in one Ike solo run I did, I had a lot of issues until his promotion because while I got to level 20 really quickly, I barely got any strength increases and had poor damage output as a result.

[spoiler=Use]

Ike*

Titania

Boyd

Oscar*

Rhys

Shinon*

Gatrie

Soren*

Illyana

Rolf

Marcia

Lethe*

Mordecai

Volke*

Kieran

Nephenee*

Zihark*

Jill

Astrid

Makalov

Stefan

Tormod

Muarim

Tanith*

Reyson*

Ulki

Janaff

Calill

Ranulf*

Haar*

Mia

[spoiler=Don't Use]

Brom

Devdan

Tauroneo

Mist

Sothe*

This should be every possible character up to the point in the game you're at. Note that this is just a list of people I would/would not use, considering how many characters in PoR I think are generally good, you obviously won't be able to use all of them effectively, I think, since this game doesn't have any way to infinitely grind units like other FE titles.

Well, what about Bonus EXP? If you clear certain conditions, say for priests you don't kill in Solo, you get a bonus 600 EXP. Bonus EXP is a way to level up your units faster. And if I were you, I would use Mist, especially if you use Mist and Jill not only for support but if you were like me, you put Jill on the map in Defending Talrega. and she talks to her father and defects back to Daein, meaning unless Jill has an A rank with Mist in Normal or hard, you'll lose your Wyvern Lord unit. But everyone has their own opinion, I respect yours, but in my playthrough I already upgraded Mist to Valkyrie, and Brom is only 2 exp away from General

Well, if you just keep Jill away and don't have her talk to her dad it's not an issue at all. Also, I believe you only need a B-rank support with them, not A-rank.

Mist is a decent healer, but she's not very good at fighting, kinda like a Sage that can use Knives but she doesn't have the tomes to back it up. Being able to heal and move again afterwards is useful, at least.

Brom's supposed to be more of a well-rounded knight, trading some strength and defence for more speed and skill, which you would think sounds like an ok idea but makes him generally worse off, imo.

I'd still give them both maybe 6/10, though, they're not too terrible. The only truly unusable character in this game, imo, is Sothe, and that's just because he doesn't have a promotion and is useless late game as a result.

That I can agree. In fact the only time I used Sothe was in Solo, when I needed him and Volke to open treasure chests.

Also, I believe I asked a question if the Priests in Solo are armed in Normal or Hard difficulty with Light and Shine. If they are, saving them will be much harder.

But the only saving grace for Sothe is Radiant Dawn. But that's another game. Mist also has some good evasion, not a lot but when I leveled her up I noticed that in some cases of battles with her pre-promotion, enemy attacks missed her, but only if she was at a high enough level

Plus as I play through the game, it's amazing how most new characters yet to be recruited can be, like Tauroneo for instance. Tough to recruit since Ike has to talk to him, but when you do his subordinates will be all, "What the?!"

BTW, I'm thinking of using Elincia when I get her for two words: Triangle Attack.

Sometimes I had to reset them game because my units died, but the most times I did reset was the stealth mission. Trying to avoid the guards is hard enough, try avoiding the guards, rescuing the prisoners, beating the boss and trying to get everyone out of there.

There was another instance of Triangle Attack between Rolf, Boyd and Oscar, but only if Oscar can use bows when he becomes a paladin.

Also, I level up my units till they reach level 21 and get promoted, long hill struggle but worth it. I get that Master Seals promote ranks early, but I never use them here since the bonuses add on to the already high stats.

Archived