[CS2] Daily Spoilers - Aug 15

bury the year

Note we're only getting one week of spoilers for this set instead of two: full set out on Friday.

Mechanics:

• Conspiracies return, as well as other "draft matters" cards. Unlike original Conspiracy, these can be colored.
  • Hidden agenda - Mechanic on conspiracy; secretly name a card, then turn the conspiracy face-up to do something with that card
  • Double agenda - Same as above, but naming two cards.
  • Monarch - A player becomes the monarch by a card effect: the game doesn't start with a monarch. The monarch draws a card at each of their end steps. They lose the crown to a player if that player deals combat damage to them.
  • Council's dilemma - Each player votes for one of two options, then for each vote, do something.
  • Goad a creature. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
  • Melee (Whenever this creature attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each opponent you attacked with a creature this combat.)
  • Monstrosity is a returning mechanic with new cards.
[spoiler=Spoiled Cards]en_Sv0VaXOVlP.pngen_ZMrNJCfZ79.pngen_JBDcoeGqnh.pngen_hwhEx78V34.pngVbNa5rM.jpgen_v405Csx7n4.pngen_7Szu3ZNAWq.pngen_JsEALzuwmT.pngen_2MS6B2YZ3R.pngen_3KgbDrIMaO.pngen_12hlZKQIvA.pngen_Idj3SrLOeZ.pngen_wjbFsGQ4NT.pngen_OFPgMTjwcu.pngen_ztt10ZOSSD.pngen_xySfkT1CJD.pngen_hBO2gZDg8f.pngen_T42fhFlwwh.png

slmKHAP.pngAorf99Y.png

CMHWvoh.jpg

All hail Quen Marchesa, long may she reign. (She's super cool, probably my next commander.)

Loving all the mechanics, Monarch especially as it looks much cooler and more fun to manipulate that simply who's on the throne.

Sovereign's Realm looks absolutely nutty. Illusion of choice has the potential to be an amazing card if there are a lot of good Council's Dilemma cards.

EDIT: Also, Selvala in Summoner's Bond, I believe.

Oh my god, what a pun.

slmKHAP.png

Seems pretty great too.

So this and Natural Unity must mean we're getting a common cycle of conspiracies that have colored mana costs.

And yes, that pun is incredible. Not half-bad, but you need to keep mana up to trigger it, which isn't always possible. I feel like it's significantly worse than Natural Unity.

Marchesa actually seems real good. Offers either card draw or token generation with death touch to a color combination that REALLY likes to have either. You can even be cheeky and lose monarch, get token on upkeep, damage them (not hard in these colors), then get the card draw at end step.

@above post- Fiora, same as Conspiracy 1

So many new cards. Thoughts on the noteworthy cards.

Marchesa is cool, but a little small for something that wants to attack. Making removal dudes is cool, but I don't think its matches up to the opponent getting to draw a card. Over all, I like the design but not really excited to play her.

Realm seems really bad.

Peacekeeper seems pretty strong.

Savant seems really strong.

Curious how late the demon will end up going.

Vanguard seems really good.

Having Inquisition here works, even if the Kozilek half doesn't.

Summon's Bond is a fixed Secret Summoning. Secret Summoning was the single reason I disliked Conspiracy draft. It just made everything SUPER miserable.

Monstrosity is an odd mechanic to see here.

It sucks that it is rare, but I get that wizards doesn't want to kill the secondary market value. Although that has been dropping for a wile now.

The card itself is likely pretty terrible in the format since 1 for 1 discard is not what you want in multiplayer, especially one that is limited to small things.

Archived