[MtG] CS2 Daily Spoilers - Aug 17

.Rai

For those interested, this confirms Trest (of Edric, Spymaster fame) as being a city on Fiora.

en_8oKQdnR5sq.pngen_GhygaqFObK.pngCqD_py2WYAAgbog.pngbMwYPYR.jpgKDlPIz2.png

bluemythic.jpg

"Confiscate Riches" 7UU

Sorcery {M}

Council's dilemma - Starting with you, each player votes Time or Money. For each player that voted Time, take an extra turn. For each player that voted Money, gain control of a permanent that player owns. Exile Confiscate Riches.

As if Sultai needed any more sweet, strong commanders. There's so much competition in this color combination. But Leovold's quite the cool card and I'm sure it'll spawn new UBG commander decks.

Daretti being black kinda surprised me, but it makes sense flavor-wise. Only problem is that you can't fit him into an UR artifact EDH :c

The big blue spell is nasty. I'm honestly happy it cannot be cascaded into by Wanderer, because if it could I would lose even more friends.

Happy to see Daretti. Not happy with his card. Yes, I understand Planeswalkers often need token generating abilities to matter so they can defend themselves, but his is so plain and uninteresting. The minus is boring and the ultimate is probably not going to be worth it much of the time, particularly in draft, I'd imagine. In commander, a positive is that he can ult immediately with a doubling season, but there's not many artifacts that one needs 3-4 of on the board, especially if you have a doubling season. The planeswalkers in Fiora have lost a lot of power.

Leovold is funny and I'm interested to see what commander decks he gives rise to.

Slightly annoyed Keeper of Keys is a monarch-matters card that isn't Mardu. Queen Marchesa is displeased.

Spy Kit will be nutty with hidden agendas.

Confiscate Riches is hilarious. You're guaranteed 1 extra turn (cause you can't really vote for money unless someone's stolen something from you) and then you either get 3+ more or steal 3+ things. That will be powerful if you can get the mana to cast it.

Leovold and Windfall effects look godly. Wonder why Daretti is black now.

Daretti's black because Marchesa's white. It's to further split the two, since Marchesa's a bad guy and Daretti is (basically) a good guy.

Serum_Visions_EN.pngwp.pngv4K8cXD.jpg

New reprints of note. Japanese card is Wild Pair reprint.

suo3orlj1zfx.jpg

Also, this is funking nonsense.

ptbVx9z.png

Daretti's black because Marchesa's white. It's to further split the two, since Marchesa's a bad guy and Daretti is (basically) a good guy.

ptbVx9z.png

Whyyyy

Not only did they give Death and Taxes a recruiter, you gave them this? God damn. Call 1 and shut down U. Call 5 and kill FoW. And it's only 3 mana. *sigh* Time to start sideboarding Massacre, everyone.

Whyyyy

Not only did they give Death and Taxes a recruiter, you gave them this? God damn. Call 1 and shut down U. Call 5 and kill FoW. And it's only 3 mana. *sigh* Time to start sideboarding Massacre, everyone.

unless they drop another naming 4

Not a big fan of the new Daretti. You can't play him with the old and he isn't playable in the main artifact color. His effects are fine and at 3 mana he should be solid, but meh.

Leovold is cool.

Riches is insane with the UR commander from last year.

Burgeoning reprint is sick. Honestly, a lot of the reprints are (hi Exotic Orchard)

Prelate seems fun if you can copy her.

Prelate is pretty silly for DnT. I'm not entirely sure it will take spots from revoker though.

and FINALLY a Serum visions reprint. Pretty sad when one of the more mediocre cantrips in the game is something to be excited about when it finally gets a reprint.

Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast: He's a fun walker, but I don't think he has much of a home in eternal formats. Grixis Tezzerator already has Dack: they don't need him in the same slot. Plus, the only Rakdos artifacts general in EDH is Mishra, who's just too gimmicky to see frequent play. Shame, because I love this guy's design.

Leovold, Emissary of Trest: Now that's nasty. A Sultai goodstuff commander at its finest that doesn't fold to graveyard hate. And if you get Teferi's Puzzle Box out at the same time, your opponents aren't drawing cards the rest of the game.

Spy Kit: I guess it's to help with hidden agendas? Not sure how it'd find a home outside of draft, though it's a neat effect.

"Confiscate Riches:" Much like Time Stretch, this should put you many steps closer to winning the game once resolved. I'm gonna hate to see this come up in my EDH playgroup now.

Sanctum Prelate: ...c'mon, Wizards, does D+T need any more toys? Shame. I totally want to pick one of these up for EDH, but price will probably be a barrier.

Weight Advantage: BUTT FIGHT! This is interesting, in that it's the first conspiracy I've seen across both sets that I wouldn't pick highly. It can easily do nothing if you don't get enough high-toughess creatures, unlike the other conspiracies which will at least do something.

Burgeoning: A $25+ card right now. Definitely a welcome reprint, and with sick new art too.

Serum Visions: Well, there it is. All you Modern players can now stop complaining.

Finally, because these guys haven't been posted yet:

keeperofkeys.jpg

DEag0iP.jpg

Archived