My thoughts for a Monster Musume dub cast

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/07/03/sentai-filmworks-to-dub-gate-monster-musume-food-wars-and-more

I am quite happy to know Monster Musume will be getting dubbed. When the dub will be released is yet to be seen, but here are my thoughts for a dub cast:

• Johnny Yong Bosch as Kusuru Kimihito
  • Stephanie Sheh as Miia the Lamia
  • Xanthe Hyunh as Papi the Harpy
  • Julie Ann Taylor as Centorea Shianus
  • Wendee Lee as Suu the Slime
  • Tara Sands as Meroune
  • Kira Buckland as Zombina
  • Megan Hollingshead as Kuroko Sumisu/Ms. Smith
  • Laura Bailey as Doppel
  • Tara Platt as Draco
  • Erin Fitzgerald as Lala
  • Christina Vee as Tionishia
  • Carrie Keranen as Manako
  • Melissa Fahn as Kii
  • Christine Marie Cabanos as Lilith
  • Sarah Ann Williams as oddly enough Rachnera Arachnera.

That's my thoughts on a dub voice cast, what are yours? Also do any of these guys work for Sentai filmworks?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/07/03/sentai-filmworks-to-dub-gate-monster-musume-food-wars-and-more

I am quite happy to know Monster Musume will be getting dubbed. When the dub will be released is yet to be seen, but here are my thoughts for a dub cast:

• Johnny Yong Bosch as Kusuru Kimihito
  • Stephanie Sheh as Miia the Lamia
  • Xanthe Hyunh as Papi the Harpy
  • Julie Ann Taylor as Centorea Shianus
  • Wendee Lee as Suu the Slime
  • Tara Sands as Meroune
  • Kira Buckland as Zombina
  • Megan Hollingshead as Kuroko Sumisu/Ms. Smith
  • Laura Bailey as Doppel
  • Tara Platt as Draco
  • Erin Fitzgerald as Lala
  • Christina Vee as Tionishia
  • Carrie Keranen as Manako
  • Melissa Fahn as Kii
  • Christine Marie Cabanos as Lilith
  • Sarah Ann Williams as oddly enough Rachnera Arachnera.
That's my thoughts on a dub voice cast, what are yours? Also do any of these guys work for Sentai filmworks?
Seems interesting. However, as stated before me, the chances of getting some of these to do the dub work are slim.

Though, out of curiosity, what are a few of these that you listed best known for? I know John Yong Bosch, voicing Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach, Lelouch from Code Geass, Yu and Tohru Adachi from Persona 4, and even Guy from Tales of the Abyss.

Seems interesting. However, as stated before me, the chances of getting some of these to do the dub work are slim.

Though, out of curiosity, what are a few of these that you listed best known for? I know John Yong Bosch, voicing Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach, Lelouch from Code Geass, Yu and Tohru Adachi from Persona 4, and even Guy from Tales of the Abyss.

Stephanie Sheh, best known for Orihime in Bleach, Usagi in Sailor Moon, Liezerota in Disgaea 5, Natalia in Abyss, Histoire, Financier and Abnes in Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Xanthe Hyunh, voice of Meruru in Atelier Meruru, Mani from Witch and the Hundred Knight and Poona, Falcom (Past and present) and Ein Al in Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Julie Ann Taylor, voice of Marina Cannonvale in Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z, Tsubaki and Kokonoe from Blazblue (Bring centralfiction english dub), Cordelia and Severa from Fire Emblem Awakening, and Karol Capell from Tales of Vesperia.

Wendee Lee, best known for Haruhi Suzumiya (from anime about her), along with voicing Yoruichi in Bleach, Dokuro from Bludgeoning ange Dokurochan, Ohri from Gestalt, T.K. from Digimon Season 1, Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop, Blanc from Hyperdimension Neptunia, Konata Izumi from Lucky star, the list goes on. She's basically the June Foray of anime.

Tara Sands, She has voiced Mokuba Kaiba from Yugioh, the artist formerly known as Peggy Jones from Sailor Moon, Jasmine from Pokemon, back when it was handdrawn, Genis Sage from Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, Tiara from Shamanic Princess, Filia from Slayers, again, list goes on. She's been making a comeback. She's gonna be Kari in Digimon Tri.

Kira Buckland, you may remember her as Rina-chan. She was the voice of Girl-chan, MarvelousAQL, Resta and Generia G in Neptunia, Aerith in the Team Four Star version of Final Fantasy Machinimabridged, Bloody Marie in Skullgirls and Chou-Chou Infinite in Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z.

Megan Hollingshead. We all remember her as Mai Valentine from Yugioh (Better than Bella Hudson), Rangiku from Bleach, Nurse Joy before Season 7 in Pokemon, Sheena Fujibayashi in DotNW.

Laura Bailey: Rasperyl in Disgaea 3, Tier Halibel in Bleach, Lust in FMA, Maka from Soul Eater, etc.

Tara Platt, Sghe was Vert from Neptunia... that is about all I can remem- oh wait, Raine Sage from DotNW.

Erin Fitzgerald: Noire from Neptunia Butt Lady from Blazblue, Ion, Sync and Florian from Abyss, Chie from Persona 4.

Christina Vee: Best known for Shantae from series of same name, Rie/Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon, Lola from Fairy Fencer F, Compa from Neptunia, Supra from Mugen Souls Z.

Carrie Keranen: Mitsuki from Kappa Mikey, Red, Rom and recently Vert from Neptunia, Lailah from Tales of Zestiria, Lux from League of Legends.

Melissa Fahn: One word, Neptune from Neptunia. Okay that's three words.

Christine Marie Cabanos: She be Nepgear from Neptunia and evil Nepgear (Symonne) from Zestiria.

Sarah Ann Williams: Peacock in Skullgirls, Uni from Neptunia, Welsh from Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z, and Tifa in FF VII Machinmabridged.

That help?

Stephanie Sheh, best known for Orihime in Bleach, Usagi in Sailor Moon, Liezerota in Disgaea 5, Natalia in Abyss, Histoire, Financier and Abnes in Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Xanthe Hyunh, voice of Meruru in Atelier Meruru, Mani from Witch and the Hundred Knight and Poona, Falcom (Past and present) and Ein Al in Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Julie Ann Taylor, voice of Marina Cannonvale in Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z, Tsubaki and Kokonoe from Blazblue (Bring centralfiction english dub), Cordelia and Severa from Fire Emblem Awakening, and Karol Capell from Tales of Vesperia.

Wendee Lee, best known for Haruhi Suzumiya (from anime about her), along with voicing Yoruichi in Bleach, Dokuro from Bludgeoning ange Dokurochan, Ohri from Gestalt, T.K. from Digimon Season 1, Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop, Blanc from Hyperdimension Neptunia, Konata Izumi from Lucky star, the list goes on. She's basically the June Foray of anime.

Tara Sands, She has voiced Mokuba Kaiba from Yugioh, the artist formerly known as Peggy Jones from Sailor Moon, Jasmine from Pokemon, back when it was handdrawn, Genis Sage from Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World, Tiara from Shamanic Princess, Filia from Slayers, again, list goes on. She's been making a comeback. She's gonna be Kari in Digimon Tri.

Kira Buckland, you may remember her as Rina-chan. She was the voice of Girl-chan, MarvelousAQL, Resta and Generia G in Neptunia, Aerith in the Team Four Star version of Final Fantasy Machinimabridged, Bloody Marie in Skullgirls and Chou-Chou Infinite in Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z.

Megan Hollingshead. We all remember her as Mai Valentine from Yugioh (Better than Bella Hudson), Rangiku from Bleach, Nurse Joy before Season 7 in Pokemon, Sheena Fujibayashi in DotNW.

Laura Bailey: Rasperyl in Disgaea 3, Tier Halibel in Bleach, Lust in FMA, Maka from Soul Eater, etc.

Tara Platt, Sghe was Vert from Neptunia... that is about all I can remem- oh wait, Raine Sage from DotNW.

Erin Fitzgerald: Noire from Neptunia Butt Lady from Blazblue, Ion, Sync and Florian from Abyss, Chie from Persona 4.

Christina Vee: Best known for Shantae from series of same name, Rie/Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon, Lola from Fairy Fencer F, Compa from Neptunia, Supra from Mugen Souls Z.

Carrie Keranen: Mitsuki from Kappa Mikey, Red, Rom and recently Vert from Neptunia, Lailah from Tales of Zestiria, Lux from League of Legends.

Christine Marie Cabanos: She be Nepgear from Neptunia and evil Nepgear (Symonne) from Zestiria.

Sarah Ann Williams: Peacock in Skullgirls, Uni from Neptunia, Welsh from Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z, and Tifa in FF VII Machinmabridged.

That help?

Kind of. Though, I'll be honest, I've yet to play or watch Neptunia, so I might not know some of the voices in relation to that. But thanks anyways.

That help?

Now how many of those dubs were done by Sentai Filmworks?

Regardless, I can get behind John Yong Bosch as Kusuru, Stephanie as Miia and Megan as Ms. Smith.

Glad you think so. I mean it does work. I mean, JYB has had wimpy guy roles before, so it kinda fits. And Sheh has had experience with her saying Darling. And Megan is a good Smith, balancing seriousness and quirkiness. Can you imagine her being a goofball one minute and Serious the next. It's like Rangiku. She's a fan-service character but there's more to her character than that.

Now how many of those dubs were done by Sentai Filmworks?

None, but the VA's did do work before: Remember Daphne in the Brilliant Blue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daphne_in_the_Brilliant_Blue

Licensed by Sentai, check the list of characters.

There was also K-On, and Persona 4 the Anime. Those were done by Sentai.

Glad you think so. I mean it does work. I mean, JYB has had wimpy guy roles before, so it kinda fits. And Sheh has had experience with her saying Darling. And Megan is a good Smith, balancing seriousness and quirkiness. Can you imagine her being a goofball one minute and Serious the next. It's like Rangiku. She's a fan-service character but there's more to her character than that.

John: Yep; just take Tohru Adachi and Guy (at least from the beginning). One has a weak stomach at the sight of a corpse, and the other one was afraid of women.

Stephanie: Plus, she sounds bright and positive.

Megan: Without a doubt. Funny enough, I'd say two of her roles were rather similar(Mai and Rangiku).

That too. Plus Ryuto for being berated, Oh, Almaz for not being a real hero.

The only instance Sheh was dark was as Tharja in FEA.

But what about the others. I know SAW is best known for Uni, but I don't see Amanda C. Miller being Rachnera. And P. Roxas might have a point. They might not be in the roster, but we can still hope. We'll have to wait for an official cast announcement.

Archived