Yugioh: Forsaken Legends [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

King K. Azo

Eizar stood there for a moment, processing what Blues just said. ‘If Blues sounded that concerned about the Meklords,’ he began, ‘that means that Jay wasn’t exaggerating about them being as large of a threat as he described.’ He turned around and started briskly walking out of the room in search of any of the other members before he passed by a man, who spoke about Furiko. They said something about her and making a deal with... the Wicked Gods? Wait, that didn't make se

nse. Why would she, a blank card holder, want to make what's basically a deal with the devil, to become Duel Queen of all things? By the time Eizar finished his thoughts and turned to ask the man further questions, he was already gone. That odd happening aside, he ran around the stadium, hoping to find a familiar face until he found Aika and Furiko standing outside the doorway.

“Aika! Furiko!” Eizar called out while he slowed down. “Blues wants everybody back at the meeting room. It’s urgent.”

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maggie smirked as she drew her card. "I activate the effect of Black-Winged Dragon! I can remove all the counters it has, and your monster loses 700 for each! Black-Winged Burst! Seems like something you want to negate, huh Yugo?"

"No, not really," Yugo commented as he watched Clear Wing Fast go down from 2500 to 1800. Maggie sighed.

"I summon the tuner monster Blizzard the Far North!" She called out. A small chubby white bird appeared on the field. "When it's summoned, I can summon a Blackwing from my graveyard, so welcome back Shura the Blue Flame!" The birdman reappeared on the field. "And remember, I have Black Whirlwind, so I can add to my hand a monster with less attack than Blizzard. So I'll add Oroshi the Squall!" She added the card to her hand. "And when I have Blackwings on the field, I can special summon it!" She says as she summoned the monster. 

"Oh boy, this is not going to end well," Yugo stated, watching her make her turn.

"Now I Synchro Summon my level 2 Blizzard with my level 4 Shura!" She said as she raised her hand. "Brandish the great blade of myth, heroic raptor! Synchro Summon! Level 6, Blackwing - Nothung the Starlight!" A large bird man appeared on the field, wielding a large black sword. "When it's summoned, you get burned for 800, and then one of your monsters lose 800!" Yugo gritted his teeth as Clear Wing Fast Dragon's attack went down from 1800 to 1000.

Yugo: 4700

"And now, I'll synch my level 6 Nothung and my level 1 Oroshi!" She raised her hand over her head as the two monsters began to synch together. "Wet those pitch-black wings. Resonate with the drizzling rain, single strike of lightning! Synchro Summon! Pierce through! Level 7, Assault Blackwing - Chidori the Rain Sprinkling!" A bird man looking similar to Raiiki landed, its katana catching the sunlight and gleaming menacingly. "And now his effect activates! It gains attack equal to the number of Blackwings in the graveyard times 300! She smirked. "Through this duel, I managed to get 10 Blackwings in my graveyard! That means Chidori gains 3000 Attack!" Chidori was surrounded by ghostly figures of every Blackwing in the graveyard, before they were all absorbed into the katana, making its attack go from 2600 to 5600. "And now, battle phase! Chidori attacks Clear Wing Fast Dragon! Supreme Lightning Strike!" Chidori raised its katana over its head, a beam of energy erupting from it and shooting into the sky, piercing the heavens. 

"Not so fast!" Yugo called out. "I activate Clear Wing Fast Dragon's effect to negate Chidori's effect and reduce him to zero! Sealing Sound Cannon!" Clear Wing Fast fired its beam, causing the beam to dissipate and the birdman to fall on a knee. Maggie sighed.

"I was hoping you negated Black-Winged eariler so I could beat you with Chidori, but seems you saw through that. But Black-Winged can still attack! Shadow Squall Blast!" The black dragon fired a beam from his mouth that obliterated Clear Wing Fast, sending him back to the Pendulum Zone. She smiled. "I set a card and end my turn!"

Akaryuu followed Kuriboh like a small child following a firefly. This shouldn't be right. A duel spirit in the real world, on that can be touched and felt? Something was off, he knew it.

"I figured you would be curious about a Duel Spirit." Akaryuu looked up as he heard Tycho's voice, tilting his head. "I don't like these Duel Spirits much. Don't understand them, and I don't think I ever will. But it was easy to use it as a distraction, Izayoi." 

"Of course I'm curious. This isn't right, this must mean the dimensional barrier is--,"

"A blank card... Which one was it, then? Furiko? Eizar?" He scowled. "Looks like I wasn't the only one who decided to not wait for the tournament to kick off to get the things I needed. Looks like the Kaiba kid was right about you..." Akaryuu sighed, shaking his head. He wasn't sure what was going on, but it seemed he wasn't going to get a word in. "But I don't really care about how scared HE is of you... I don't want that blank card. I want your Black Magician, Izayoi. I need it. Nothing personal." Kuriboh quailed behind him, shivering and peering over his shoulder at Izayoi in fear. But Tycho was wearing a fierce smile, the smile of a man who was confident he had already won. Akaryuu looked at the blank card before holding it up.

"This is actually that one girl's, Yuria. I think she's from the same city as you," He stated. "And I wasn't able to save her. It was tragic, but if I can get this card to the right owner, things might still turn out alright," He then stopped to think. "But a Black Magician? I assure you sir, I don't play spellcasters. I don't have a---," He then paused, cupping his chin, thinking. "Wait a minute... you wouldn't happen to be talking about....?" He looked up to Tycho, reaching into his cloak and holding up two decks. "This deck...," He stated, holding up the one in his right hand, "Is the one I was going to use for the tournament. However... this deck," He then held up the left. "Is not only a reproduction of a former champion's deck... it has the Black Magician you speak of. So, I suppose I'll show you the power you're craving," He stated as he pulled out his duel disk. "You're wasting your time though. My deck won't fail me, and I won't lose that card a second time," He then got into his dueling stance, feeding his deck to his duel disk. 

“Aika! Furiko!” Eizar called out while he slowed down. “Blues wants everybody back at the meeting room. It’s urgent.”

"Going to see Blues, are you?" Mokuba suddenly was behind Eizar, looking at the two girls. "Then do me a favor. Tell him that Tycho has turned against your group. He's working with the Wicked Gods, as they promised him to restore and protect Hearthome, if he only aids in tearing your group apart," With that, he vanished down the hall, going to blend back in the crowd. 

oXNSzB8.png

"O-of course, my apologies. I'm sorry if Helena has been issue as of late, she's... Had a rough life." Shiren stated sitting down. "Her mind is very fragile, and her psychic powers don't help with it... I simply ask that you forgive her for any at all damage she may cause." she stated with a solemn tone. Buster Blader waved his hand dismissively. 

"Any 'damage', as you put it, would never be as bad as anything the Wicked Gods might do to us. And she's a good girl. Even Lyrroth thinks she's okay, so she's fine," Stardust nodded in agreement. 

"Now, why don't you tell us more about yourself?" Stardust asked.

"Would you happen to be from Hearthome as well," Miero asked in curiosity, still trying to settle his stomach enough to eat. "Sorry, I know I need to eat, but...I can't help but think of what they may be doing to him." A single sob escaped from him. "Malin's not even old enough to do anything wrong and this..."

Miero looked over all the food in the buffet and an idea came to mind. "Maybe I can get the recipes for some of these dishes and let him try them after we all get back." A glimmer of hope, a small goal set in mind, Miero got little bits of each dish in the buffet, but he still managed to get enough to fill the plate and eat his fill...

When he returned, Dread Knight was still there, but Phantom Falcon now sat opposite from the two, his own plate having food on it. "To answer your question, I am indeed from Hearthome," Dread Knight commented. "I happen to know both Lyall and Tycho through... business related ventures," He stated as he looked over to Miero. Phantom Falcon chuckled to himself.

"I have to admire your strength, Miero Tammabukku," He stated. "I know if it were Shun or Ruri, I don't think I'd be able to function, and yet, with a bit of help, you're still going and determined to get your son back," Phantom Falcon took off his helmet, his blue hair sticking in a few directions due to helmet hair. "I swear to you on my honor, not as a former champion, or as a card shop owner, but as Henry Kurosaki, a fellow father, we will do everything in our power to aid you in getting your son back,"

"I... I just... Don't want to be around anyone... They must think I'm a psychopath right now..." Helena stated. 

"Whaaaaaat? A cute thing like you, a psychopath? That's ridiculous!" Gandora called out. He suddenly picked up Helena in his mighty hand and walked over to Daichi, sticking Helena right in front of his face. "You, Gagaga boy, does this girl seem like a psycho to you?" He asked in his deep, intimidating voice. Buster Whelp just happily jumped into Haurto's lap, watching the antics going on.

-The Moonlit Magician-

~Citadel of Endymion~

Both Daichi and Haruto remained silent after answering Maho's question. They, of course, assumed he had more...but before they could see if he did indeed have more questions...

"You, Gagaga boy!"

Daichi turned around just in time to see a dark dragon sticking Helena right in his face. He blinked a bit, not really expecting something like this to happen, but then again...no one would've expected to be in the Duel Spirit World...so there was that. Upon further inspection, he saw that the dragon in question was Gandora, the dragon of destruction.

"Y-Yes...?" he asked in a bit of a nervous tone.

"Does this girl seem like a psycho to you?"

His tone was quite loud and intimidating. This wasn't something Daichi was truly expecting today. Getting literally yelled at by a dragon... Meanwhile, Haruto watched on as he noticed Buster Whelp hopping in his lap in a happy manner.

"Well, Gandora is in rare form today..." Haruto said to the Whelp in jest.

Daichi glanced over at Helena, before remembering what was said before. Apparently while he was Dueling Glaeris she went off on quite the tangent...but he was too wrapped up in his own Duel to notice. He finally exhaled slightly before clearing his throat. "W-Well, Gandora sir..." he started. "I honestly don't know what you mean. I haven't seen her being a psycho...I was a little busy with my own Duel to notice. But from what I see, she's a good person and Duelist."

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

"One last question before you go, then. Who the hell was Mr. Creeptastic next to you? The one you were talking to in the stands after I said 'hi'. I didn't hear what you guys were saying, but you were sweating bullets, now that I think on it."

sheet... Jet thought, before looking away from Kuria. He knew exactly who he meant...and right now, hiding the fact would be bad. He only sighed and turned to face Kuria. Might as well say something...

"That...that was Dr. Akihiro Aichi...the head scientist of the Turbo City branch of KaibaCorp..." he said, before looking away. "He oversees Project Crimson...and...he's current guardian. When you said 'hi', he was asking if this was the person I lost to...during our first meeting. He wasn't aware that I was...talking to you before. But mainly..."

Jet paused before sighing heavily once more. "He wanted me to defeat you as quickly as possible. You did keep me from my goal...so he wanted me to beat you as quickly as possible...and to defeat all obstacles until I get to Blues."

7e8xcYT.png

Furiko nodded at Aika's affirmation, though was equally confused by X as she was. She wasn't quite sure what he meant by being dangerous, and didn't wish to dispel it as the man merely going crazy. Following her companions remark she said, "well, we might not have a solid lead, but at least we've got a good starting point. So hopefully the others will have something we can use as well." With that, the two of them had started to make their way back to Blues's room. It was then that they ran into one of their companions, Eizar, who seemed to have urgent news. "Well, we were just headed there ourselves-" She was interrupted by the sudden appearance of a different hooded figure. The man had appeared, told them Tycho was a traitor who wished to tear them apart, and then left just as suddenly. Surprisingly, that was the strangest thing she had seen today, and this day was on no shortage of strange things. Blinking a bit, Furiko then said, "well, that was odd. Though, thinking about it, Aika and I haven't seem him at all here. Have you?" After his answer, she then said, "well, let's get back and report what we found to Blues. Sound good?" 

poPa93w.png?1

Zephine gave a bit of a whistle as Val had told her about how large her family was. "That's a pretty neat family you got there." She then listened to the girl speak about what she had been doing for the past. Then came the counter question, one that Zephine should've seen coming from a mile away but still seemed, oddly, taken aback by it. "Where I'm from, hm?" The girl seemed to be awfully pensive before shrugging and looking back with her usual chipper expression. "Don't know. I'm pretty sure it's a place a bit far from here, and I'm almost certain we didn't have much stake in this card game you all like to play so much." With an odd air of nonchalance about her, Zephine said, "to perfectly honest I'm not even sure when or why I got to this big ol' city of yours, but I've been here and it's been a pretty fun time that I've spent so far. And really, that's all that matters right?" 

"Whaaaaaat? A cute thing like you, a psychopath? That's ridiculous!" Helena couldn't help but shake her head, if only he knew what happened. "You just had to be there... W-wait what are you doing!?" Helena was surprised by Gandora suddenly picking her up and carrying her over to someone. He lowered her down and she was face to face with Daichi. She blinked a few times and her cheeks started to turn a bright pink, what the heck was Gandora thinking!?

"You, Gagaga boy, does this girl seem like a psycho to you?" What the absolute heck, Helena did not ask for this! "W-Well, Gandora sir..." he started. "I honestly don't know what you mean. I haven't seen her being a psycho...I was a little busy with my own Duel to notice. But from what I see, she's a good person and Duelist." Again, if only they knew. From the looks of things Daichi was not expecting this at all just like Helena. For the whole time she remained silent and her face remained as red as a strawberry, this was the most embarrassing thing she has had to deal with.

iU8EggM.png

Shiren nodded at Buster Blader's statement, Helena was a good girl, in some ways she was like her brother. "Now, why don't you tell us more about yourself?"

Shiren looked at Stardust Dragon and thought for a moment. "Well... As I said, I myself come from a group of monsters that was lost in eternal darkness... I managed to escape and afterwards I found myself in the hands of Chris, Helena's older brother... Long story short, he gave me to Helena so that I may watch over her while he's traveling the world... I'm sorta like Helena's guardian angel."

Tycho's eyes widened at the mention of Yuria's name, then narrowed dangerously. "Yuria?" he asked. His gaze was hard, but his voice was sad. His fist curled up. "She fought for Hearthome as well.... And you eliminated her, eh?" he asked, his voice possessing an edge it hadn't had before. Fire was growing in his eyes, but this wasn't the passionate, devil-may-care fire his eyes normally held when he was determined; This fire was just one hundred percent pure anger.

"Izayoi..." he growled deeply, drawing out the man's name with what was unmistakable hatred. "You'll give me that card back... As well as your Black Magician. REGARDLESS of who's deck you're using." He raised his duel disk, face a mask of rage and quiet force. "DUEL!" he yelled, all his anger suddenly bursting out at once.

Tycho Bosko (8000) vs Akaryuu Izayoi (8000)

"I'll start! Heraldic Beast Antelope, appear! And I'll use it's effect to summon Unicorn!" A long-legged, elegant silver antelope with filigreed platinum horns appeared on Tycho's field, stamping a delicate hoof as a white-maned unicorn also appeared on Tycho's field, the pair flaring their nostrils as they stared down Izayoi.

Heraldic Beast Antelope

Level 4, EARTH, Beast, 1200/900

Heraldic Beast Unicorn

Level 4, LIGHT, Beast, 1100/1600

"Two Level 4 monsters?" Izayoi scoffed slightly. "Tycho, wasn't it? You're so predictable. Played like a true Hearthome citizen."

"You don't know anything about me, or what it's like to live in my city. I'll prove that when I use your Black Magician to take it back!" Tycho shot back, his shouts echoing through the parking structure cacophonously. "I overlay my Level 4 Antelope and my Level 4 Unicorn!"

"As I thought," Izayoi said with some self-satisfaction, as Unicorn and Antelope were swallowed in orange and yellow light, streaming through the air as they fled into the Overlay Network.

"Lineage of pride, form into the paragon! Bring the skirmish together! Xyz Summon!" The Network exploded, a giant blue pinnacle rising from within. Circling it was a blue ring with flared spikes, and in it's center was a glowing red sphere, gazing down at Izayoi as if it were an eye. "Heraldry Patriarch!"

Heraldry Patriarch

LIGHT, Rank 4, 2200/2200

Izayoi raised an eyebrow at the sight. "That's a very... interesting monster you have there."

Tycho raised a hand, two cards clutched in it. "I play these face-down," he stated, two cards appearing on the ground before him. His eyes were fleetingly drawn to one. That's it... This is how I'll crush him! But I have to be ready... Despite his bravado, Tycho had been somewhat concerned when Izayoi had mentioned that his deck was that of a former champion's. If his most powerful monster is the Black Magician... His eyes widened as the thought struck him. Could it be... Dark Magician?! That would mean the deck he's using... He scowled, glaring at Izayoi from across the battlefield as the star-haired silhouette ran through his mind. He's using the deck of Yugi Moto, he thought emphatically.

Tycho's eyes widened at the mention of Yuria's name, then narrowed dangerously. "Yuria?" he asked. His gaze was hard, but his voice was sad. Akaryuu tilted his head a bit. So, what was going to---? "She fought for Hearthome as well.... And you eliminated her, eh?" Akaryuu groaned and faceplamed. He literally just said that he failed to save her. What did thing he was, some sort of... well, actually, now thinking about it, yeah, Tycho might thought he was a cultist. Maybe the hood was backfiring, what a shock. "You'll give me that card back... As well as your Black Magician. REGARDLESS of who's deck you're using." He raised his duel disk, face a mask of rage and quiet force. "DUEL!"

As Akaryuu watched Tycho duel, he smiled a bit beneath his hood. Xyz? Well, if Tycho thought him a villain...

"Two Level 4 monsters?" Izayoi scoffed slightly. "Tycho, wasn't it? You're so predictable. Played like a true Hearthome citizen."

"You don't know anything about me, or what it's like to live in my city. I'll prove that when I use your Black Magician to take it back!" Tycho shot back, his shouts echoing through the parking structure cacophonously. "I overlay my Level 4 Antelope and my Level 4 Unicorn!"

"As I thought," he stated as he watched the summon.

"Lineage of pride, form into the paragon! Bring the skirmish together! Xyz Summon!" The Network exploded, a giant blue pinnacle rising from within. Circling it was a blue ring with flared spikes, and in it's center was a glowing red sphere, gazing down at Izayoi as if it were an eye. "Heraldry Patriarch!"

"That's a very... interesting monster you have there." Akaryuu stated as he watched Tycho lay down two cards and end his turn. The hooded duelist drew his card before looking at Tycho. "You're wrong, by the way," He said as he looked at Tycho. "Like I know nothing of you, you know nothing of me. You say I don't know what it's like to live in your city? That would be incorrect," He said before he prepared his hand. "I'm over 60 years old. Back in the day, I live in a small city... not even a city. I lived in Satellite, a ruins of a fraction of a town, torn apart by the Zero Reverse incidence. Life was hard growing up, with Security trying to break us, and being stabbed in the back by friends. However... one man gave us hope. Him with his dragon of white...," He smirked. "That's the deck I'm playing,"

He pulled out a card, flipping it forwards. "By discarding a card, I can Special Summon the Tuner Monster Jackie Jumper from my hand!" he discarded a card, summoning what looked like a tiny helmeted boy on skis. (Level 3, ATK: 1000) "Now, I summon Junk Blader from my hand!" He said as he summoned a man in purple armor, with a black cape following behind him, and wielding a massive sword. "And now, I use the two to Synchro Summon!" He held his hand over his head and chanted. "Warrior clad in gold, use your seven swords to strike down my enemy! Synchro Summon! Level 7, Seven Swords Warrior!" From the rings appeared a man with shining gold armor, a variety of swords strapped to him.

Seven Swords Warrior

EARTH, Level 7, 2300/1800

"And now I activate the Equip Card Rusted Blade to my Seven Sword Warrior, making his sword count eight, and coincidentally raise his attack by 1000!" A rusted blade appeared in the warrior's hand. "Not long that, but you lose 800 Life Points!" Akaryuu explained. Tycho gritted his teeth as his lifecounter went down.

Tycho: 7200

Seven Swords Warrior: 3300 ATK

"Now Seven Swords attacks your Heraldy Patriarch!" The golden warrior dashed forward, slashing the Xyz monster in half with its rusted blade.

Tycho: 6100

"And now Patriach's effect activates!" Tycho called out. "When this card is sent to the graveyard, I can send two send 2 Heraldic Beasts from my deck to the graveyard! I'll send Heraldic Leo and Heraldic Basilisk! This triggers Leo's effect, allowing me to add Amphisbaena to my hand!" Akaryuu clicked his tongue.

"I set two cards and end my turn," He stated.

3CRqVF7.png

"Well, we might not have a solid lead, but at least we've got a good starting point. So hopefully the others will have something we can use as well."

Aika nodded in agreement. They had something, but by no means was it really enough to put the puzzle together. With any luck, everyone else's investigations would give them a bit more luck in figuring out just who was the threat here. Because it certainly wasn't her or Furiko. As the two made their way back to Blues to report their findings, they were met with another of their allies, Eizar.

“Aika! Furiko! Blues wants everybody back at the meeting room. It’s urgent.”

Who conveniently needed them to go exactly where they were going. However, what really made the moment odd was the robed figure that suddenly appeared behind Eizar.

"Going to see Blues, are you? Then do me a favor. Tell him that Tycho has turned against your group. He's working with the Wicked Gods, as they promised him to restore and protect Hearthome, if he only aids in tearing your group apart."

"Well, that was odd."

It's been nothing but odd stuff ever since I came to the big cities. Does this kinda thing always happen to city folk?

"Though, thinking about it, Aika and I haven't seem him at all here. Have you?"

"Even if he hasn't, we ain't got no way of knowin' if Tycho's really a traitor. That ain't the kinda thing where y'all just run around makin' yerself obvious." Especially not in this kind of situation. A whole lot of lives were at stake if those Wicked Gods were as big a threat as Blues had made them out to be.

LZoBS6r.png

"Where I'm from, hm? Don't know. I'm pretty sure it's a place a bit far from here, and I'm almost certain we didn't have much stake in this card game you all like to play so much. To perfectly honest I'm not even sure when or why I got to this big ol' city of yours, but I've been here and it's been a pretty fun time that I've spent so far. And really, that's all that matters right?"

"That's a good perspective to have on it." Not knowing where she was from? Did she have amnesia? As Valeria picked away at the next few fries, she glanced at the nearest TV screen, to see the state of the current tournament duel. She didn't recognize either of those people, or their decks, but it seemed that they were really going at it. She wouldn't mind facing one of them in the finals at all. As if to bring her away from the duel and back to the food and person in front of her, a ringing came from Valeria's pocket. She pulled out a phone, and saw it was a text message from a newer contact simply named "Work". Her expression dropped, as she opened up the message and took a look.

The CEO would like to speak with you later today. We'll inform you when he's ready.

Valeria felt her stomach turn a bit. That guy gave her the creeps. Best not to linger on it. Valeria put her phone back in her pocket and brought her attention back to Zephine. "So," she started. "Must be weird not knowing where you're from or how you got here, even if you're having fun. Speaking of fun actually, what kind of hobbies do you have besides dueling?" Valeria wasn't really in the mood to talk cards right now.

~Miero's POV~

"I have to admire your strength, Miero Tammabukku," Miero heard as he bit into a piece of meat he cut off beforehand before looking back towards the Falcon. "I know if it were Shun or Ruri, I don't think I'd be able to function, and yet, with a bit of help, you're still going and determined to get your son back." Miero raised an eyebrow as Phantom Falcon removed his mask, blue hair sticking in a few directions due to helmet hair.

Miero had the strange feeling he had seen this guy before now that he was unmasked, but where? It certainly wasn't in a card shop of any sort, he hadn't been in one in at least a decade...

"I swear to you on my honor, not as a former champion, or as a card shop owner, but as Henry Kurosaki, a fellow father, we will do everything in our power to aid you in getting your son back."

A small smile emerged on his face as he gulped down the bite of food in his mouth for the time being. "I appreciate that...Henry," Miero stated before raising a hand. "And feel free to just refer to me by my given name. I do realize the family name can be a hassle for some people to say."

iU8EggM.png

~Kuria's POV~

"That...that was Dr. Akihiro Aichi...the head scientist of the Turbo City branch of KaibaCorp..." Jet said before looking away, causing Kuria to raise an eyebrow at the action. "He oversees Project Crimson...and...he's my current guardian."

I at least have a face and name now for that, Kuria thought to himself, not daring to interrupt with verbal words.

"When you said 'hi', he was asking if this was the person I lost to...during our first meeting. He wasn't aware that I was...talking to you before. But mainly..."

Kuria watched as Jet paused before sighing heavily once more. "He wanted me to defeat you as quickly as possible. You did keep me from my goal...so he wanted me to beat you as quickly as possible...and to defeat all obstacles until I get to Blues."

"...you do realize that you should have lost the duel, even before my now-insane move of swiping the Stardust Spark from you, right?" Sure that Jet was gonna look at him stupid, Kuria continued. "While I don't remember exactly what was in my hand from that turn, remember that on one turn, I played Pot of Greed then declared I could do nothing despite having six cards in hand and basically skipped the turn in entirety?"

"...I lied, I could have won the duel right then and there."

Even though Kuria had only one eye in, both of them were open as he tried to meet Jet's eyes with the one he had, allowing green and turquoise to meet one another.

"And from what I can understand, you don't make a declaration like that unless you feel you are right." Kuria looked past Jet, seeing the elder nurse from earlier. "One: You're cleared to have the prosthetics put back in then leave afterward if you so wish. No one will make you leave unless the bed becomes needed."

"Oh, thank fu..."

"Two: I heard something...odd...from some of the doctors on staff." At this point, the elder looked towards Kuria through wire-framed glasses. "For some strange reason, I overheard mention of studying the effects of the Stardust knock-off during the duel...from both of you. I even caught sight of vitals on display for both of you starting from when it was summoned and all that while making sure I was unnoticed." At this point, the elder raised a finger towards Kuria. "If the readings I saw were correct, you should be dead from cardiac arrest."

"Wait, what?!" Kuria's eye sockets widened at this, the turquoise eye's iris and pupil becoming smaller.

"As soon as possible, I'd suggest getting your heart checked out for potential aftermath damage. Because you're missing parts, the shock that was supposed to go to those areas refocused themselves around your chest and left forearm." With that, the elder nurse moved towards the prosthetics, lifting up the metal arm with only initial difficulty before setting it up and hooking it into his shoulder. Despite Kuria's stunned state, he still flinched as nerves were forced to wake back up in his shoulder, reconnecting to the metal limb.

Kuria took advantage of scratching that annoying itch on his arm in earnest, not really looking towards it and therefore missing the strange extremely-faint markings that were forming because of it.

Lifting the eye from the table, which appeared to be a spherical orb of sturdy clear glass surrounding various tiny cameras and other machinations with what looked like a series of ports and plugs on one small area, the nurse soon turned towards Jet, aged eyes focused on the youth. "I would advise leaving during this part." The doctor gave a slight grin towards Jet before glancing towards Kuria. "From what I can understand, he tends to get rather...vocal...when this gets put back in."

"Can you blame me?!" Kuria immediately stated in an attempt to defend himself. "That's a fuckton of nerves getting reactivated at once and that close to the brain..." A groan left the duelist's throat, causing him to lean back into the bed and pillow while covering his face with both of his hands this time. "This always sucks..."

Tycho frowned as Izayoi spoke to him. "Satellite..." he murmured, familiar with the name. "I see... the ruins separated from Neo Demino City..." He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "Maybe you do know some of what I've suffered... but that doesn't change the fact that you have what I need to bring Hearthome back to glory, like Satellite." He raised a finger, pointing at Izayoi. "The redemption of Satellite has passed... Now it's my city's turn. Do you know how much I've suffered to bring that city back from beyond the grave? How much I've strived to have the power and ability to touch the hearts of others as Yusei Fudo and his white dragon?" 

"Your Black Magician has the power to take down the gods!" he proclaimed, raising his hand to his deck. "And I'll take anything I can get my hands on with that kind of power. My turn!"

A Synchro Monster... he thought, trying to consolidate his thoughts. If he's using a Synchro Monster, his deck isn't a replica of Yugi Moto's... He shook his head. That wasn't important right now! His eyes were drawn to where one of his set cards rested. With this card, my path to victory is begun... And his Seven Swords Warrior... His eyes lit up as a pathway appeared inside his mind, the cards on his field, his hand, his entire deck flew through his mind, several cards on the path, all surmounted by a specific Magic card. If I can draw that card...!

"My turn," he began, tightening his grip on his top card. "I... draw!" He swept his hand out, the card clutched in his hand. He turned it around to view the front face, and his face visibly reacted as his heart jumped. It's here!

"Heraldic Beast Unicorn's effect activates!" he yelled, sweeping his hand out as his Unicorn rose from a violet circle in the concrete, neighing as it then dissolved into motes of silver light. "By banishing this card in my graveyard, I summon any Psychic-type Xyz Monster that also rests there, and negate it's effects! Be reborn, Heraldry Patriarch!"

Glowing with silver light, Patriarch rose from the grave, levitating in the air once again, it's red eye pulsing.

Heraldry Patriarch

LIGHT, Rank 4, 2200/2200

"I then activate a Magic card!" he proclaimed, placing the card he had drawn into his hand and choosing a different card, turning it around to reveal it as a crest of pink light appeared on the ground in front of him. "Heraldry Reborn! I now summon another Heraldic monster from the Graveyard! Be reborn, Heraldic Beast Basilisk!"

Flames blasted from the surface of the crest, and a strange beast that resembled some demonic-looking cockatrice type of monster crouched there upon the concrete, opening its beak to shriek at Izayoi.

Heraldic Beast Basilisk

EARTH, Level 4, 1000/1400

"Basilisk can destroy any monster that it battles..." Izayoi murmured to himself. "Does he intend to trade it for my Seven Swords Warrior, and attack me directly with Patriarch? Is he willing to take that much damage?"

"I then play Heraldic Beast Amphisbaena!" Now a teal dragon joined the field, bellowing loudly as it flexed it's wings.

Heraldic Beast Amphisbaena

WIND, Level 4, 1700/1100

"I overlay my Level 4 Amphisbaena and Basilisk!"

"He's Xyz Summoning again?" asked Izayoi, startled a bit as Tycho's monsters vanished into the Network. Tycho didn't hear him. He was busy chanting:

"Fire with fire, deceit with deceit. Stand tall above the wicked, and take their power as your own! Xyz Summon! Heraldic King, Genom-Heritage!"

The monster Tycho had qualified for the tournament with rose into sight, the long tendrils of golden hair writhing through the air as it stamped a hoof on the ground, releasing a high, ethereal cry.

Heraldic King Genom-Heritage

LIGHT, Rank 4, 2400/2000

"Your ace monster, I trust?" asked Izayoi, his eyes narrowed underneath the cloak. "It's an impressive beast. I saw your duel with Cato in the qualifier, and it brought you victory then. But this time it won't." He nodded to his monster. "My Seven Swords Warrior has more attack points than your Heraldic King. And you can't steal it's strength as you did with Cato's Blade Armor Ninja. Your Heraldic King only has the power to steal the effects of other Xyz Monsters. Synchro Monsters like Seven Swords Warrior are out of your reach."

"Are you sure about that?" Izayoi stiffened as Tycho raised a hand over one of his set cards. "Hearthome is a city that deserves to be brought back to the light, along with the power of Xyz Summon." He smirked slightly. "A lot of people seem to hate it, but allow me the pleasure of letting you experience it yourself. Reveal Continuous Trap: Heraldry Bloodline!"

"What?!" Izayoi asked in shock as a card was revealed, the art featuring a crest of bright red, which lit up before issuing several long strands of red liquid that scythed through the air, towards Seven Swords Warrior. They spun around it in solid orbits as Izayoi's monster glowed with a harsh red light, briefly resembling the arcs of an Overlay Unit before vanishing. "What just happened?" Izayoi asked, looking to Tycho, who was also glowing with the same red light, a grimace on his face as his Life Points decreased.

Tycho: 6300 > 5500

"Heraldry Bloodline allows me to pay 800 Life Points," Tycho explained through gritted teeth. "And I can force any monster to become an Xyz Monster, with a Rank equal to it's Level!"

"What?!" Izayoi asked, shocked, taking a step back. "You can change monsters into Xyz Monsters?"

"And I'll give up myself and my own life force to do it! And now the windfall of my efforts will bring me victory, and your Black Magician! Heraldic King's effect! I reduce the attack power of an Xyz Monster to 0, then take all of it's attack points and effects as Heraldic King's own!" The golden hair of King wrapped around Seven Swords Warrior, the monster dropping to the ground in a kneeling pose, exhausted as Heraldic King's form shifted, slowly transitioning into a mirror image of Seven Swords Warrior, rising into a standing position to reveal its face surmounted by the white, yellow-eyed mask of Tycho's monster. 

Seven Swords Warrior: 3100 > 0

Heraldic King: 2400 > 3100

"He's absorbed Seven Swords Warrior..." Izayoi whispered, the surprise evident in his voice. 

"I activate the absorbed effect of Seven Swords Warrior!"

This brought Akaryuu's attention back to the duel. "What? Seven Swords Warrior can only activate it's effect when it's equipped with a card!"

"Who said it was an effect it brought to the table?" Tycho smiled as his Trap card glowed briefly. "Heraldry Bloodline grants any monster it converts into an Xyz Monster two effects: One, the ability to absorb a card in the hand as an Overlay Unit. Two: The ability to detach an Overlay Unit to inflict 1000 damage! Take this damage, Izayoi!"

One of the orbs of yellow light orbiting Heraldic King was sucked into its mask, which released a huge pulse of light that Izayoi raised his arms to guard himself against, grunting at the impact.

Izayoi: 8000 > 7000

"And now, my trump card!" Tycho took the last card in his hand, the one that he had drawn, turning it to reveal-

"Equip Magic! Xyz Unit! This card allows me to use it as an Overlay Unit, but it also boosts the attack power of my Heraldic King by 200 for every Rank it has!"

Heraldic King: 3300 > 4100

"Equip Magic..." Izayoi whispered, his tone of voice indicating he knew exactly what that meant. "He's absorbed all the effects of Seven Swords Warrior..."

"I inflict 800 damage with the effect I absorbed from Seven Swords!" Another burst of light swallowed Izayoi as an orb of light circled around Heraldic King.

Izayoi: 7000 > 6200

The combined attack power of my monsters is 6300! Tycho thought with exhilaration. I have to take this chance now, while he doesn't have the Black Magician!

"Heraldry Patriarch attacks Seven Swords Warrior!" A beam of red light blasted apart the crippled warrior, Izayoi raising an arm to stave off the aftershock. "Rusted Blade inflicts 1000 damage when it's sent to the Graveyard!" He yelled over the force of the explosion, the sword his monster had held flying through the air and glancing off Tycho's shoulder, the man grunting as he stumbled back.

Izayoi: 6200 > 4000

Tycho: 5500 > 4500

He stepped forward again, roaring out in challenge: "Heraldic King: Direct attack!" The warrior dove forward, Izayoi's own monster swinging its great blade down towards him, and a massive explosion issuing from the duelist, smoke billowing through the parking structure like a wave.

"I did it!" Tycho yelled, peering through the smoke to find Akaryuu. "I did it! I beat Izayoi!" His voice was a tremulous blend of relief and happiness, and Kuriboh nuzzled up to him, looking happy, Tycho not even bothering to brush him aside.

Yugo: 4700
Maggie: 3100

Yugo looked at his hand, and clicked his tongue. He might have game here, he just needed to make sure he got the cards he needed. "During the standby phase, if you control a monster from the extra deck, I can Special Summon the level 7 monster Speedroid Skull Marbles!" A small toy train with a skull chugged onto the field in defense position. He looked at his hand. Two more cards. Time to see if his deck would pull through. "I now normal summon Speedroid Double Yoyo from my hand!" a machine with two yoyos appeared on the field. "When it's normal Summoned, I can Special Summon Red Eyed Die from the graveyard!" He said as the dice came back. "Now, Die changes Yoyo to level 6, and I Pendulum Synchro again!" The Fast Dragon reappeared on the field, roaring at Maggie. "When a monster besides a Speedroid monster is face up on the field, Skull self destructs," He explained as the train exploded.

"My trap activates!" Maggie suddenly called. "Ring of Destruction! I can destroy a monster, burning us both for its Attack!" She stated as a ring of grenades appeared around Fast Dragon, exploding and destroying the monster. "Black Feathered protects me though, and you take the 2500!"

Yugo: 2200

Yugo grunted, but didn't seemed to phased. "I figured that trap was to take out Clear Wing Fast. Too bad he wasn't my end goal!" He stated before holding up a card. "I play Pot of Avarice! By shuffling five monsters from my graveyard to my deck, I can draw 2 cards! I shuffle Clear Wing Syncho Dragon, High-Speedroid Magical Sword Dama, Red Eyed Die, Terrortop, and Bamboo Horse!" The cards were shuffled and Yugo drew his final two cards. "It seems my deck has saved me once again," He said before looking at Maggie. "I Special Summon Terrortop!"

"Crap...," She muttered. Yugo went through, using Terrortop to search Taketomborg, special summoning it with its effect, and then tributing it to special summon Red Eyed Die once more. He quickly adjusted the level of Terrortop to six. "And you just got Clear Wing Fast Dragon back,"

"No so," Yugo stated, to the confusion of Maggie. He raised his hand over his head. "Spread those wondrous and beautiful wings, and strike down your enemies at the speed of light! Synchro Summon! Appear now! Level 7, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon!" To the surprise of most of the audience, Yugo opted to summon his Synchro monster instead of the Synchro Pendulum monster. 

"Well, then I'll activate Black-Winged effect!" Maggie stated. "Now Clear Wing will lose 700 attack! Black-Winged Burst!"

"Objection!" Yugo called out. "When a level 5 or higher monster activates its effect, Clear Wing can negate it, and gain its attack! Dichroic Mirror!" The shot that Black Winged fired was reflected back by Clear Wing, before its attack was raised by 2800 (ATK: 5300) Maggie's eyes widened as she watched the signer dragon, the pride of her deck, be destroyed so easily. 

"W-well, you don't have enough attack to get over Chidori!" She stated, clearly shaken as Chidori stared down with its 5600 attack.

"Oh, yeah? I'll activate Hi-Speed Re-level then!" Yugo stated. "By banished the level 7 Skull Marbles from my grabyard, Clear Wing will gain attack to its level times 500, or 3500 attack!" Clear Wing roared as its attack raised itself all the way to 8,800. "This'll deal 3200 points of damage, and you only have 3100!" He added. "This is the end! Helldive Slasher of Whirlwind!" Clear Wing roared as it flew through the air, penetrating Chidori and causing it to explode.

Maggie: 0

Before Jet could open the door, the door opened itself, showing the form of the Duel King, Kyouji standing there. "Hey, Kuria. I came to check on you," He said before looking over at Jet. "Oh, Jet, is it? That was a... unique duel," He said, slipping in and shutting the door, leaning against it to prevent escape. "How are both of you doing? That duel seemed insanely painful. And with cards I've never seen before," He added. 

Blues sighed to himself as he took a seat, rubbing his eyes. "My god, I think this stress is going to drive me to an early death. How the hell did all the other Kaibas handle this...?" He looked around the room. It sure was quiet at the moment. He only hoped everyone had good news.

"I did it!" Tycho yelled, peering through the smoke to find Akaryuu. "I did it! I beat Izayoi!"

"You're too hasty," Akaryuu's voice rang out, causing Tycho's eyes to narrow. When the smoke cleared, Seven Swords Warrior was in defense position, blocking the attack. "I activated Pride of the Warrior, which allows me to special summon a warrior that was destroyed this turn and---,"

"Then I'll destroy it with Heraldic King!" Tycho called out as the king went to attack. Akaryuu sighed as Seven Swords Warrior managed to block the attack without being destroyed.

"As I said, you're too hasty. If you let me finish, I could tell you that Seven Swords can't be destroyed this turn by battle or card effects," He then pointed to his other trap card. "Now I activate Shock Draw! This allows me to draw cards for every 1000 points of damage I took. So I draw four cards!" Tycho growled. This man managed to turn a loss into advantage! 

"I end my turn," He growled. "And now Heraldic King loses the absorbed attack and effects," He added, Heraldic King reverting to 3200. 

"Draw!" Akaryuu called out, looking at his new hand. "I play the Spell Card One for One to allow me to discard Lefty Driver to Special Summon the level 1 Junk Mail from the deck!" He stated. "And now, using the Level Eater's effect I discarded turn one to reduce Seven Swords Warrior down to 6 and Special Summon Level Eater from the graveyard!" He held up a card as a ladybug with a star on its bag crawled out of the ground.. "Now, I Normal Summon the level 1 tuner Righty Driver. When it's summoned, I can Special Summon the Lefty Driver I discarded," The left and right sides both appeared on the field. "Now, I activate Lefty Driver's effect! It change itself to level 3! Now, I tune Righty, Lefty, and Level Eater together!" Holding his hand to the sky, he began to chant.

"Scarred Warrior who knows the pain of the earth! Prove you're well and whole!! Synchro Summon, Level 5, Scarred Warrior!!" From the ground emerged a man covered in bandages, and with a blade in his hand. "Now, I'll synch him with my level one Junk Mail!" Akaryuu began to chant again. "Oh Champion of Gravity, burst from the event horizon!! Render my foes immoblie! Synchro Summon, level 6, Gravity Warrior!!" A large blue machine lion man rose from the ground, its hair in dreadlocks.

Gravity Warrior
EARTH, Level 6, 2100/1000

"When he's Synchro summoned, he gains 300 attack for every monster you control!" Akaryuu explained. Gravity Warrior roared as his attack went up to 2600. "And now, I equip the Equip Spell Blade Graveyard! It'll increase Gravity Warrior by 800!" (ATK: 3500) "And now, Battle Phase! Gravity Warrior attacks Heraldic King!"

oXNSzB8.png

"Well... As I said, I myself come from a group of monsters that was lost in eternal darkness... I managed to escape and afterwards I found myself in the hands of Chris, Helena's older brother... Long story short, he gave me to Helena so that I may watch over her while he's traveling the world... I'm sorta like Helena's guardian angel." Shiren stated. The two nodded.

"It's a good connection, isn't it?" Stardust asks. "To have a human to watch over. Cherish the time you have... we live much longer than them," Buster Blader said nothing as he stared to stare off a bit into space. 

"W-Well, Gandora sir..." he started. "I honestly don't know what you mean. I haven't seen her being a psycho...I was a little busy with my own Duel to notice. But from what I see, she's a good person and Duelist." Gandora smiled in a... terrifying way before setting Helena down in a chair next to Daichi. 

"She? Now try to make some friends. Don't be like Yugi Muto and stay clammed up. Open up,"

"Yugi Muto did make friends," Dark Magician pointed out.

"And they spent more time with that ​Pharaoh," Gandora spat out, vemon in his voice. Silent Magician ran up to Gandora and Helena. 

"Um... please don't get mad, Mr. Gandora," She said as she sat next to Helena. Gandora just grumbled and laid down by the table.

"I appreciate that...Henry," Miero stated before raising a hand. "And feel free to just refer to me by my given name. I do realize the family name can be a hassle for some people to say."

"Well that's a relief!" Wade called out as he sat at the table, on the other side of Miero. "I was afraid I was going to have to attempt that name, and I'd know I'd funk it up!" He said as he began to eat, stuffing his face. Henry and Dread Knight both sighed to themselves. "Oh, guys!" Wade added with his mouth full.

"Swallow," Henry commanded.

"That's what she said," Wade retorted before doing so.

"That's not right and you know it," Dread Knight commented.

"And you would? You've never been laid!" Wade shook his head. "But... for serious," Wade's voice suddenly got serious. "The portal. As it was described to us, someone came through before the first little group took their little trip," He said. "However, those Wicked Gods bastards assumed we used blood rituals to get here, implying they don't know about that portal," He shook his head. "So, who came before us, and where are they now?"

"Going to see Blues, are you? Then do me a favor. Tell him that Tycho has turned against your group. He's working with the Wicked Gods, as they promised him to restore and protect Hearthome, if he only aids in tearing your group apart," a familiar voice rang out behind Eizar. The boy turned around to, once again, find nobody there. 'How does he keep doing that?' he thought to himself. Furiko expressed the same feeling of confusion, albeit vocally. Furiko then queried Eizar about Tycho's whereabouts, after which Aika expressed a valid point: even if they were to know where the Hearthomian was there was no way to tell whether he was a traitor or not, mainly due to the fact that traitors and double agents aren't really known for making themselves obvious. Something rubbed him the wrong way though.

'First he tells me that Furiko is  traitor for the Wicked Gods then he tells us that Tycho is also a traitor?' Eizar internally questioned. Not only that but the guy seems to get around pretty quickly, quickly enough to get out of sight before he gets a good look at the man. "It's best to take his word with a grain of salt for now," Eizar said before starting to walk away from the pair. "Go ahead without me, I have to get the others." With that he ran off again, trying to find the rest of the group. A little while later he saw a crowd pour in from the stands. 'Yugo's match must've ended, And judging by the what the people are saying it seems like he won.' Knowing that the group was one step closer to their goal helped reassure him as he went to squeeze his way through the group.

7e8xcYT.png

As Furiko seemed to ponder what had happened, Eizar seemed to express a concern to take whatever the cloaked man said with a grain of salt. Nodding at the boy's suggestion, she then turned towards her companion. "I suppose so. It wouldn't do good for us to suspect someone else at the drop of the hat like that either." As Furiko tried to make sense of what he had said, there was something bothering her about it. Something that seemed obvious but she couldn't but her finger on. Regardless, she walked alongside Aika until they were finally in the room. "We're back," she greeted the CEO. "Having a rough day?" After expressing a bit of concern to the man, she then said, "well, Eizar's going to look for the others. But I suppose we can start with what we learned so far."

Wondering about where to start she then said, "well, for starters we went to see Akaryuu. He definitely seemed suspicious in this whole ordeal. We learned that he's an old man who seemed to only be able to get into this tournament through some kind of special connections. I'm not sure what kind of people can actually get you in, other than your people, so I'm not sure what to make of it. He also seemed to have some experience in dealing with psychic duelists, notably Sayer and The Black Rose Witch. However, he didn't seem to be directly the reason that Mr. X had crashed." She paused, allowing for Aika to continue on. 

poPa93w.png?1

As Zephine continued eating, she noticed her new found friend staring at her phone briefly before looking back at her. Zephine wasn't sure, but she could've sworn something happened to her expression, though didn't explore it any further as the girl then asked her another set of questions. Zephine scratched the back of her head a bit saying, "well, i's a bit weird yeah. But, there's not much I can really do 'bout it anyhow. Bes' to make of a bad situation, ya know?" As she was asked about her hobbies the girl then said, "well, lessee here. I'm a big fan of arcades and o' course," the girl pointed towards her headphones, "these. Though, I'm more a listener then I am a player. Can't really hunker down on just one instrument ya know? There's just so many options and they all have their own unique sound. But o'course you can't just have one sound in a performance, nah you need all of them!" Her enthusiasm seemed to dim a bit as she said, "but, it's a bit expensive, hehe." She let out a bit of a sigh before saying, "but it's still fun tryin' 'em all the same."  

oR7NKgI.png?1

Hanae continued to watch the duel expectantly. The two dragons seemed to be going beat for beat in terms of powers. The Maggie girl seemed to display clever use of cards outside of the standard black wings to make full use of her dragon's strength, whereas Clear Wing was just the superior strength in general. And in the end, the girl made one poor judgement call which showcased the strength of the Synchro Dragon in full, causing Yugo to burst through the finish in the previously back and forth match. While Hanae had been genuinely enjoying the match, as she watched Yugo take the victory she couldn't help but be bothered by something. Starve Venom Fusion Dragon. If Clear Wing Synchro and Fast really were related to her dragon then there was still more to come. The boy hadn't displayed his full strength yet, which made her only wonder what kind of a trump card it had to have been. Getting up from the stands, not really interested in the next few coming matches the girl started to walk.

She briefly mused aloud, "I wonder if there's an Xyz one?" While her thoughts were going nowhere, the girl then realized something. She had learned absolutely nothing about the Wicked Gods and their potential holders during her little outing. "sheet." While she realized this, she briefly tried to justify this to herself. After all, she wasn't assigned a person to look after like all the rest so she didn't actually need to learn anything. Yeah. That worked. Deciding that, now that she had a Blank Card, that it was probably best to be in the same know how as the rest of the group, she started heading back to the room.

~Miero's POV~

"Well that's a relief!" 

Miero winced at the voice, opening his eyes only to see the insane one known as Wade sit on the other side of Miero. "I was afraid I was going to have to attempt that name, and I'd know I'd funk it up!" Henry and Dread Knight both sighed to themselves, while Miero just had a piercing gaze on the dumbass, the feeling of despair passing for the time as he ate. "Oh, guys!"

Miero wanted to smack this guy with his staff...too bad such action would likely create sudden hostilities, even considering who would be recieving the strike.

"Swallow," Henry commanded.

"That's what she said," Wade retorted before doing so, an eyeroll from the librarian following.

"That's not right and you know it," Dread Knight commented and he nodded in agreement.

"And you would? You've never been laid!" Wade shook his head, causing Miero to stop eating and wonder who'd be desperate enough to have that kind of night with such a person.

"But... for serious," Wade's voice suddenly got serious, prompting a raised eyebrow as Miero continued eating. "The portal. As it was described to us, someone came through before the first little group took their little trip," He said. "However, those Wicked Gods bastards assumed we used blood rituals to get here, implying they don't know about that portal," He shook his head. "So, who came before us, and where are they now?"

After a bite, Miero soon found himself lightly tapping the table with his fork, reaching for a glass of sweetened tea before taking a gulp to wash the food in his mouth down. "Especially considering you're the one that is pointing this out, that...is a valid question."

-The Moonlit Magician-

~Citadel of Endymion~

"See? Now try to make some friends. Don't be like Yugi Muto and stay clammed up. Open up!"

Daichi, still unsure on what Gandora was doing, watched as Helena was released from Gandora's grasp and saw the Silent Magician sitting beside her. He smiled a little, shaking his head before turning to see Haruto standing up.

"Done already, Haruto?" he asked, seeing the Gagaga Magician turn to him.

"For the moment. I need to speak with Gagaga Head and the others of my clan for a moment." Haruto said, patting Daichi's shoulder some. "I'll be back shortly, Dai." With that, he walked away.

Wonder what's going on... Daichi thought, before turning back towards the others at the table and decided to strike up a conversation with Helena. Cause obviously Miero was talking to the others, with Wade being obnoxious...as always. "So...what happened while I was gone? All I knew was there were a few Duelists down in your area on the ground while I was Dueling Glaeris...next thing I know, there's another Wicked God...o-o-other than the one I was facing..."

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

"...you do realize that you should have lost the duel, even before my now-insane move of swiping the Stardust Spark from you, right? While I don't remember exactly what was in my hand from that turn, remember that on one turn, I played Pot of Greed then declared I could do nothing despite having six cards in hand and basically skipped the turn in entirety? ...I lied, I could have won the duel right then and there."

This...this was a revelation that had Jet tense up a little, as he clenched his fists tightly. Kuria...let him win. He threw the Duel at that one turn, just to chat with him. He wanted to yell at the injured Duelist and walk out enraged...however the former wouldn't be able to happen as he watched the doctor walk in.

"And from what I can understand, you don't make a declaration like that unless you feel you are right. One: You're cleared to have the prosthetics put back in then leave afterward if you so wish. No one will make you leave unless the bed becomes needed."

"Oh, thank fu..."

"Two: I heard something...odd...from some of the doctors on staff. For some strange reason, I overheard mention of studying the effects of the Stardust knock-off during the duel...from both of you. I even caught sight of vitals on display for both of you starting from when it was summoned and all that while making sure I was unnoticed. If the readings I saw were correct, you should be dead from cardiac arrest."

"Wait, what?!"

Almost...died? Jet thought, looking at the doctor and heard every word. Cardiac arrest...from Stardust Spark? It didn't surprise him. After all, those in Project Crimson were prone to being trained to use certain cards and training under the sheer backlash they gave the Duelist upon summoning. Someone without the proper training wouldn't be able to control it or handle it...then again...those markings on Kuria's arm...

Finally Jet shook his head, before lifting a hand up to Kuria, preparing to finally leave...but he was stopped.

"Hey, Kuria. I came to check on you!"

Before Jet stood the Duel King himself, Kyouji. Of course, however...he was blocking the way of him leaving...

"Oh, Jet, is it? That was a... unique Duel. How are both of you doing? That Duel seemed insanely painful. And with cards I've never seen before,"

Jet was hesitant on responding to the Duel King, but it would be rude. Plus if anything, Dr. Aichi would've insisted that he spoke to him. Learn your enemies and what not. He already watched him Duel...so learning how the person was in general might help later when he beats the others to get to him. "Mr. Kyouji, thank you." he said, bowing slightly. "But it wasn't too painful...on my end. I just was...unaware something like this would happen to Kuria. But for what it's worth...I...I'm doing alright."

~Kuria's POV~

Kuria figured Jet would be pissed at the revelation, seeing his arms tense as his hands became fists. While he was thankful that the doctor did emerge when he did, the news he brought with him was an extremely-bitter pill to swallow.

In fact, he almost couldn't.

If what was said was true, this would be the third time in his life when he should have died but didn't.

When Hearthome blew up to kingdom come, trapping him among the rubble and pushing him closer and closer to the breaking point between life and death from thirst and starvation while waiting for a rescue he wasn't sure would be coming for him in time when he was still seventeen.

When he wound up in the wreck in Turbo City five years ago that ultimately netted him his metal arm and eye that could have easily punctured his brain but miraculously didn't.

And now...this.

"Three times, I've cheated death," he muttered under his breath. "Pretty sure I'm running out of chances."

He watched as Jet tried to leave once more, the first time stopped by the elder nurse that re-installed the arm back into place and now held his eye. This time, he was stopped by none other than the Duel King himself.

"Hey, Kuria. I came to check on you." Kuria couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Kyouji studying Jet. "Oh, Jet, is it? That was a... unique duel," Kyouji said, slipping in and shutting the door, leaning against it to prevent escape. Kuria wasn't in a position he would want to, but figured soon that it was to keep the kid from bolting. "How are both of you doing? That duel seemed insanely painful. And with cards I've never seen before," he added.

"But it wasn't too painful...on my end. I just was...unaware something like this would happen to Kuria. But for what it's worth...I...I'm doing alright." Despite the multiple times his mechanical eye tried to fail on him, the look of utter shock on the kid's face during the duel he did catch backed up the claim made.

"I'm pretty sure I'm out of lives at this point," Kuria joked, though the grimance on his face said otherwise. He shot a look towards the Duel King that made it clear he wanted to talk when the kid was gone before he finally registered something pressing against his living arm. "Wait, huh...the hell are you strapping me down for?!" Kuria didn't shriek, but he wanted to at the elder nurse's actions, which caused the one strapping him down to look him in the one eye he did have. Unlike most people Kuria had gone eye to eye with like this, this nurse was one of the few that didn't get creeped out by this.

"I don't want to risk you smacking me in the face with that arm of yours." Yellow straps normally used to hold down epileptic paitients were now being strapped across Kuria's chest, pinning down the metal arm across both the fore and upper arms.

"You'd think they'd have made a pain killer for this sort of thing by now," Kuria grumbled under his breath in response.

"And if they did, there's no telling if the eye would have been properly reinstalled until after it wore off. Now hold still." One hand was used to force the eyelids of the empty socket open as the nurse pushed the eye back in.

Kuria really did wind up sounding like a girl on that momentary scream of pain that resulted from all the nerves that connected to the eye reactivating and flaring up in response.

iU8EggM.png

(I know I already posted with Miero, but...)

~Miero's POV~

"So...what happened while I was gone? All I knew was there were a few Duelists down in your area on the ground while I was Dueling Glaeris...next thing I know, there's another Wicked God...o-o-other than the one I was facing..."

One of Miero's hands moved from around the plate in front of him to the golden staff by his side, gripping it tightly as he was forced to recall previous events.

"The one known as the Eraser tried to destroy the Citadel...and the bastard wyrmling has my son in his clutches." A moment of aggravation was witnessed as Miero suddenly lifted the staff and appeared to try to drive the bottom point of it into the ground. He had let it go to let it fall back to against the table, but it stood on its own, leaning against nothing. Miero paid no attention to it however as he tried to go back to eating his food.

He was now almost literally tearing into the meats among the food he grabbed from the buffet with his teeth, his mind turning the pieces of meat into the Wicked God's flesh as he envisioned himself ripping the large serpent apart with fang, claw and staff.

Tycho grunted with effort as he struggled to avoid being thrown off his feet from the force of his monster exploding, Gravity Warrior slamming a metal gauntlet through its face. 

Tycho: 4700 > 4400

"Izayoi..." he growled, Kuriboh worriedly floating by his side as he glared at his opponent. "You think you can stop me? I'm on a goddamn MISSION!" 

"Seven Swords Warrior attacks Heraldry Patriarch!" was the reply. Tycho threw his arms up over his head as his monster was once again torn asunder. 

Tycho: 4400 > 4300

"I use the effect of Patriarch! When it's destroyed I send Aberconway and Leo to my graveyard," he growled. "When Leo is sent to the graveyard, I add another Aberconway to my hand..."

"I set one card, and I'll pass to you, Tycho." Izayoi lowered the arm that held his Duel Disk, his monsters flanking him on either side. "I acknowledge that you have a mission, Tycho... and that it is a noble one. But we all are men on missions. You, me, and everyone else here. Sometimes conviction alone isn't enough!"

"Shut up, Izayoi!" Tycho yelled, placing a wavering hand on his deck. But the words had struck him, obviously. Is he right? AM I just... not enough to save Hearthome? "You won't stop me," he swore, a bead of sweat rolling down his face. "My move. DRAW!"

He drew forcefully, turning over the card to see-

The card was nothing. It was just a white face. Blank.

This is it! Tycho thought to himself, a spark of electricity running through his entire body. The blank card Kaiba gave to me! He looked thoughtfully at the card, Kuriboh peering over his shoulder with interest. This card has the power to fight the Wicked Gods, according to him... His eyes flicked over Izayoi's field. That means it'll take down his field as it is no problem! All I have to do is figure out how to unlock its powers!

"Izayoi... You aren't the only one in possession of a card that can stand against a Wicked God!" he proclaimed, taking the card and holding it high up in the air, willing it to become something. I'll unlock its powers like I've done everything my entire life... I'll fight for it, and I'll demand it answer to my will! Save my home, blank card! he willed silently. "I won't stand by and let Hearthome be crushed. I can save it!" And with that statement he reached down, and threw the card down onto his Duel Disk.

Utter silence swept across the parking structure in the wake of his action. It held for several seconds, before a brief blurt of noise from his Duel Disk sounded, along with the phrase "Error."

The world grew cold around Tycho as his hand, still on the card's surface, began to shake. His eyes looked to the card, which remained resolutely blank.

"No..." he whispered, falling to his knees. His eyes began to water, his voice strangled. "No... NO!" he yelled, his tortured cry of anger and dissapointment resounding through the structure as his hands fell to the ground, leaving Tycho staring down at the cement, tears falling from his eyes as he shuddered repeatedly.

"Izayoi... You aren't the only one in possession of a card that can stand against a Wicked God!" he proclaimed, taking the card and holding it high up in the air, Akaryuu blinked a bit before getting on his guard. This might not end well.  "I won't stand by and let Hearthome be crushed. I can save it!" And with that statement he reached down, and threw the card down onto his Duel Disk.

A moment passed. Another passed. Then the Error Message rang out, causing Akaryuu to sigh in relief a bit. That was too close for comfort.

"No..." Tycho whispered, falling to his knees. His eyes began to water, his voice strangled. "No... NO!" he yelled, his tortured cry of anger and disappointment resounding through the structure as his hands fell to the ground, leaving Tycho staring down at the cement, tears falling from his eyes as he shuddered repeatedly. Akaryuu watched on, before holding up his duel disk.

"Tycho, you want to save Hearthome. I admire that kind of spirit. It reminds me of me back in the day," he shook his head. "However, as a city is not one person, one person alone can't save a city. Satellite was not saved by the efforts of Yusei Fudo alone, but with the strength of Jack Atlas, the cleverness of Crow Hogan. You need allies you can trust, people that can cover for your weaknesses. You know people like that, and I'm not even talking about Blues's group," He looked to the sky. "You don't have to carry your burden alone,"

"As for your blank cards, they are powerful spirits, ones that sealed themselves away until worthy warriors would appear before them and assist them in saving the world," He added. "What makes you think that someone that rejected the Spirit World, a place filled with their peers, would be considered worthy by them?" 

"She? Now try to make some friends. Don't be like Yugi Muto and stay clammed up. Open up,"

Easy for Gandora to say, Helena was just too skittish when it came to holding a conversation. That and she didn't want to hurt anyone with her psychic abilities. Gandora sat her down in a seat next to Daichi and soon Silent Magician sat beside her too, after what she said while she was... Losing it, Helena couldn't bear to look at her. Daichi however took her attention, "So...what happened while I was gone? All I knew was there were a few Duelists down in your area on the ground while I was Dueling Glaeris...next thing I know, there's another Wicked God...o-o-other than the one I was facing..."

Helena looked at Daichi for a moment before looking back down. "Just... Another mental breakdown... Nothing new for me..." She appreciated what everyone was trying to do for her, but she was too closed off. She needed more than a few simple words.

iU8EggM.png

"It's a good connection, isn't it?" Stardust asks. "To have a human to watch over. Cherish the time you have... we live much longer than them," Stardust stated while Buster Blader seemed to be lost in thought. Shiren nodded, she didn't know how long she would be with Helena but she would cherish every moment. Not every spirit can say that they had a human partner to aid, to have good memories with, Shiren in this case had two.

She looked back at Helena to see her still in a gloomy mood even with everyone trying to cheer her up. "You know... There's something I wanted to ask. Do you happen to know someone around here that could help Helena? Maybe a spirit who had a Psychic Duelist as their wielder?" she asked curiously.

3CRqVF7.png

"We're back. Having a rough day?"

Aika and Furiko had returned to the room where Blues was. At his request of course. There was also the brief appearance of one of those cloaked figures, who accused Tycho of being a traitor. Eizar had said to take it with a grain of salt, and that was definitely Aika's intent. But that didn't mean she was ruling it out entirely. While there were good folks in the city, there were also sorts who would do anything for their own benefit. And since she'd never really spoken with him, Aika had no idea which one Tycho was. She was wary, but remained optimistic about the whole situation. She switched her attention back to her immediate surroundings as Furiko began to relay her findings to Blues.

"Well, for starters we went to see Akaryuu. He definitely seemed suspicious in this whole ordeal. We learned that he's an old man who seemed to only be able to get into this tournament through some kind of special connections. I'm not sure what kind of people can actually get you in, other than your people, so I'm not sure what to make of it. He also seemed to have some experience in dealing with psychic duelists, notably Sayer and The Black Rose Witch. However, he didn't seem to be directly the reason that Mr. X had crashed."

"Mr. X said it was his own Meklord cards that caused the crash," Aika added. "Akaryuu's definitely a psychic duelist, but it looks like he ain't runnin' round tryin' t'sabotage the tournament. If Akaryuu ain't bluffin' 'bout Sayer 'n' that Black Rose Witch though, he's a big deal." Aika briefly wondered if she should have brought up the mention X had made of her and Furiko being dangerous. And Yugo as well. And also Akaryuu. Maybe Meklords were just giant wusses the more Aika thought about it. If that was the case, no harm in saying some easily-spooked cards thought people were dangerous. "May also be good bringin' up that his cards seem to talk to him. Though I think they're giant sissies, 'cause X's Meklords said Akaryuu, Yugo, Furiko, an' myself were all dangerous." Pointing a finger up to the other Cradle resident standing next to her, Aika stated "Furiko here's a good duelist, but she ain't dangerous."

LZoBS6r.png

"Well, i's a bit weird yeah. But, there's not much I can really do 'bout it anyhow. Bes' to make of a bad situation, ya know? Well, lessee here. I'm a big fan of arcades and o' course, these. Though, I'm more a listener then I am a player. Can't really hunker down on just one instrument ya know? There's just so many options and they all have their own unique sound. But o'course you can't just have one sound in a performance, nah you need all of them! But, it's a bit expensive, hehe. But it's still fun tryin' 'em all the same."

"I see." Valeria picked at the few remaining fries she had - not that there were many of them in the first place - and tried to think of how to move the conversation along. She didn't know anything about music. It wasn't something she could talk about. But at the same time, just jarringly changing the subject wasn't the right thing to do either. She'd been to an arcade in Domino once, but it wasn't quite her cup of tea. The right solution was...

"Hobbies can get pretty expensive," Valeria agreed.

Yugo stretched as he headed back to the room, cracking his neck as well. Despite knocking his best friend out of the competition, he was feeling pretty good. He was winning, and people couldn't say it was because he was Fudo, since he was pitted against a Hogan! So they were on equal grounds! He opened the door just in time to hear Furiko talk. 

"Having a rough day?" Blues looked up, and nodded to Furiko.

"More like a rough month," He muttered. "I'll be fine, just keep going,"

"well, Eizar's going to look for the others. But I suppose we can start with what we learned so far." She paused to think before continuing. "Well, for starters we went to see Akaryuu. He definitely seemed suspicious in this whole ordeal. We learned that he's an old man who seemed to only be able to get into this tournament through some kind of special connections. I'm not sure what kind of people can actually get you in, other than your people, so I'm not sure what to make of it. He also seemed to have some experience in dealing with psychic duelists, notably Sayer and The Black Rose Witch. However, he didn't seem to be directly the reason that Mr. X had crashed." She paused, allowing for Aika to continue on.

"Mr. X said it was his own Meklord cards that caused the crash," Aika added. "Akaryuu's definitely a psychic duelist, but it looks like he ain't runnin' round tryin' t'sabotage the tournament. If Akaryuu ain't bluffin' 'bout Sayer 'n' that Black Rose Witch though, he's a big deal." Aika briefly paused for a brief moment. "May also be good bringin' up that his cards seem to talk to him. Though I think they're giant sissies, 'cause X's Meklords said Akaryuu, Yugo, Furiko, an' myself were all dangerous." Pointing a finger up to the other Cradle resident standing next to her, Aika stated "Furiko here's a good duelist, but she ain't dangerous."

Blues rubbed his chin, thinking deeply. "This Akaryuu does seem dangerous... two psychic duelists...," He shook his head. "Well, as for you, Yugo, and Furiko being dangerous... it's possible they sensed your blank cards. Those cards would be dangerous to their plans of world domination. Crazy they're trying again over fifty years later...," 

"Hey, did you say 'The Black Rose Witch'?" Yugo suddenly said. "That's my grandma. I could ask her, see if she has anything she could help out with," He then tapped his forehead. "So, about Mokuba. He's creepy. That's all I was able to get before I was called up to duel. Sorry," Blues just nodded. 

"Alright. I think we got some important info. For now, rest up in here. Or head out to the stands. Either one," Blues says as he stands up, stretching. "I'll look around next. Perhaps have Hanae looking around as well. We'll see," He says as he heads to the door.

"Mr. Kyouji, thank you." Jet said, bowing slightly. "But it wasn't too painful...on my end. I just was...unaware something like this would happen to Kuria. But for what it's worth...I...I'm doing alright."

"I'm pretty sure I'm out of lives at this point," Kuria added with a chuckle. The doctors began to strap him down, and begin a... very painful process of resetting the eye. Kyouji winced a little before looking back at Jet.

"Well, there's something that's been bothering me," Kyouji stated. "See, any card that should exist would be cataloged away in Kaiba Corps' card database. Before you ask, I'm champ, and Blues owes me some favors. I can take a peek in that secret list any time I want. In that database, there is no mention of a 'Stardust Spark Dragon' or an 'Ancient Pixie Dragon'. Because of this, the cards should have been deemed illegal, and the duel ended due to cheating. But it wasn't. So I want to know how unregistered cards were able to be played. Exactly what kind of connections do you, and to a lesser extent, Kuria, have?"

oXNSzB8.png

"You know... There's something I wanted to ask. Do you happen to know someone around here that could help Helena? Maybe a spirit who had a Psychic Duelist as their wielder?" Shiren asked. Buster Blader chuckled. but Stardust coughed. 

"Yes, I do just so happen to have a friend that can help," 

"With benefits," Buster Blader commented. Stardust turned to him to growl and retort, but Buster Blader just pointed to a dragon in the corner, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon. Stardust said nothing after that. 

"Just... Another mental breakdown... Nothing new for me..." Helena stated. Silent Magician fidgeted a bit, but Buster Whelp suddenly flopped into Helena's lap. 

"Um... th-thank you very much," Silent Magician stated. "W-we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all of you...," Dark Magician looked over to Daichi. 

"It seems the Gagaga clan has claimed you as their human. Most people don't get a clan. Just... make sure you cherish your time with them," He stood up, and looked over at Buster Blader. "Zalama, leave Stardust alone, will you?" He called out before walking away. 

"Especially considering you're the one that is pointing this out, that...is a valid question." Meiro stated. Wade nodded. 

"I have some theories, hang on," Wade took out PDA and slipped on some glasses, although, if one looked closely, they could clearly see they were fake. "It could be the ghost of Yugi Muto, Roman Goodwin, John Goodman, Mario Mario, Luigi Mario, my mom, your mom, motherfucking Jack Atlas, or Goku," He then looked up. "Any one want to add any working theories?"

"Not really, no,"

-The Moonlit Magician-

~Citadel of Endymion~

"Just... Another mental breakdown... Nothing new for me..."

Daichi didn't know quite what to say about Helena's response. She didn't seem like the person to have a mental breakdown or anything like that, nor being one to be a psycho whatsoever. However, Miero also gave off a quick explanation for what happened.

"The one known as the Eraser tried to destroy the Citadel...and the bastard wyrmling has my son in his clutches."

"I-I'm sorry, Miero." Daichi responded, rubbing the back of his head a bit. Not only did TWO Wicked Gods get summoned like this and he lost against Glaeris, but apparently Miero's son is in the clutches of the Wicked Gods as well. Jeez...from bad to worse...

"It seems the Gagaga clan has claimed you as their human. Most people don't get a clan. Just... make sure you cherish your time with them."

The Entertainment Duelist quickly looked over to see Maho saying this, before walking away. The Gagagas...claimed him? What did the magician know that he didn't? Guess this would be a question he needed to make known to Haruto.

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

"Well, there's something that's been bothering me. See, any card that should exist would be cataloged away in Kaiba Corps' card database. Before you ask, I'm champ, and Blues owes me some favors. I can take a peek in that secret list any time I want. In that database, there is no mention of a 'Stardust Spark Dragon' or an 'Ancient Pixie Dragon'. Because of this, the cards should have been deemed illegal, and the duel ended due to cheating. But it wasn't. So I want to know how unregistered cards were able to be played. Exactly what kind of connections do you, and to a lesser extent, Kuria, have?"

Jet was silent at this point, not sure what to say towards the Duel King. There was so many things he knew he shouldn't be saying nor mention anything to someone like this...otherwise his mission would be in jeopardy.

Suddenly the door to Kuria's room opened and a voice was heard. "Oh, here you are Hoshimi. I thought I would find you here." The Duelist looked over behind the Duel King and saw that it was Akihiro Aichi, who adjusted his glasses before moving his hands behind his head. "And in the presence of the Duel King himself, I see."

"D-Dr. Aichi?" Jet spoke, before nodding and rubbing the back of his head. "Sorry to keep you waiting sir."

"It's alright. I was engrossed in the quite beautiful Duel that had just ended." Dr. Aichi nodded, before turning towards Kyouji. "My apologies, Kyouji. But I need to speak with Jet here. We have much preparation to attend to in the realm of his next Duel."

"Right..." Jet said with a nod, before bowing towards Kyouji. "It was nice to have the honor to speak with you, Kyouji."

~Kuria's POV~

After the eye was pushed back into place and allowed to settle, Kuria found his head splitting wide open from pain, just as it did every time he needed the eye removed for one reason or another.

He hated it, hated, hated, hated it, but the moment of augmentation shock usually precipitated his ability to see with both eyes again. Supposedly, the only reason this hasn't been fixed yet was so the doctors know if everything was back in order for it, though Kuria somehow suspected a sadist among the people that had made it.

"Oh, here you are, Hoshimi. I thought I would find you here."

Either way, his awareness didn't return until an unfamiliar voice became heard. "Oh, gods, my head," Kuria faintly muttered, lifing his left hand to his forehead to try to rub away the traces of headache he had.

"And in the presence of the Duel King himself, I see."

"D-Dr. Aichi?" He heard Jet speak, hearing a sheepish and slightly scared tone to his voice. "Sorry to keep you waiting sir."

Opening his eyes while gritting his teeth at the fact that it sounded like Mr. Creeptastic had entered his room, he could see that everything was back to the way he was seeing before being temprorarily one-eyed again, though the discord between glasses-aided vision and camera-given vision took a few minutes to get used to. He didn't bother lifting his head because of this, though he could see that the elder next to him had a frown on his face.

Kuria missed something and he didn't know what.

"It's alright. I was engrossed in the quite beautiful Duel that had just ended." The unfamiliar voice, Dr. Aichi, spoke in response. "My apologies, Kyouji. But I need to speak with Jet here. We have much preparation to attend to in the realm of his next Duel."

"Right...It was nice to have the honor to speak with you, Kyouji."

It was at this moment that Kuria dared to sit forward, hand still on face and both eyes closed as he almost doubled over himself.

"funking cursed card," Kuria muttered, making it look like he wasn't aware of his surroundings, though his ears were definately open. He didn't see the elder look at him, but he felt the eyes on him for a moment.

"I will be back in a bit to check on you, Mr. Bijorn. Rest easy for now, and follow my advice."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll get an appointment made when I get out of here," Kuria dismissed.

The elder nurse expertly moved around the group of people and exited the room for the time being...

7e8xcYT.png

When Furiko had finished her piece, Aika had finished the rest of what they had found out from their investigation. Once over, Furiko looked over to Yugo, who had apparently been in the room already. Acknowledging his presence with a small nod, she then listened to their boss's explanation of what "dangerous" could possibly mean. She seemed a bit confused as he seemed to talk about some world ending plot from fifty years ago, but given how much of an after thought that seemed to be, she didn't feel like pressing any further. It was at this point that Yugo said something that Furiko couldn't help but be a bit astonished at with a, "wait what?" But didn't press on that as Yugo gave his report. Following that up, she looked to Blues and said, "oh right. Before we came in here, Ao approached us and told us that Tycho was working with Wicked Gods." Holding up her hand as if to try and dismiss any response she said, "I'm not saying we should trust him. In fact, there was actually something about it that bothered me. But, I thought it was important that you knew." Once she said her piece, she waved to Blues saying, "good luck," as he made his way out of the room. 

As they did, Furiko realized something. Turning over to Yugo she said, "right, your match is over. We should probably go watch the one on now, since that'll be your next opponent." Not really sure whether to watch on the TV here or the stands, she simply left that up to the others to decide. Mentally backtracking, the girl then looked back to Yugo and said, "also wait. Just who are your grandparents?"

poPa93w.png?1

As Val had made her statement, Zephine bent closer with an agreeing, "I know right?" Going back to her original sitting position she folded her head and shook her head. "No instrument is cheap so you gotta pick and choose which one you like. But then if you want to get really good you gotta get a really good one, and don't even get me started on all the accessories that come along with getting an instrument. Learning's no easy feat either, especially when you gotta do it all by yourself. But the internet's superrr helpful in that regard, y'know. Still," the girl let out a bit of an exasperated sigh as she reclined back in her chair. "How's a lonely girl in a lonely world s'posed to make all that kinda money? Y'know Val?" Going back to her original position once more, the girl nodded to herself before looking back at her talking companion. Getting a more neutral expression on her face, the girl went back to her food, rant over, with an awkward silence permeating the room. After a bit, Zephine finally would ask, with a somewhat more flat tone, "so how's about you? Got anything you do for fun?" 

"Yes, I do just so happen to have a friend that can help,"

Shiren perked up when Stardust said this, she was a bit confused about why Stardust was growling at Buster Blader but he then pointed over to a corner of the room. Clear Wing Synchro stood there, Stardust didn't say anything else afterwards. "Thank you, my friends." Shiren said bowing before heading over to Clear Wing. "Excuse me... Sorry if I'm bothering you... But I wanted to ask a favor... Your familiar with Psychics correct? Could you maybe help my duelist?" she asked.

iU8EggM.png

Helena remained quiet until Buster Whelp landed in her lap. She petted the dragon's head, Whelp's presence was surprisingly comforting. Helena looked over at Silent Magician and looked back down. "I'm sorry..." she told her. "Whatever I said... While I was losing my head... I didn't mean it... I'm sorry if anything I said hurt your feelings..."

Archived