Yugioh: Forsaken Legends [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

King K. Azo

oR7NKgI.png?1

Hanae looked towards the older of the duo she had intruded upon, looking at him with a disinterested expression that only gave way to small smirk as Ao had made his move, seeming to dump the whole of both of their extra decks to the graveyard. Looking to the boy, he seemed to say nothing more on the duel other than a malfunction, though she wasn't entirely sure why he seemed so stiff...thanked her for that matter. Before she could say anything more, though, a boy had walked over to talk to them as well. The girl felt like she had seen his face before, though had no idea who he actually, but as he made note of how weird tournaments could get, the girl merely raised an eyebrow at the flashing sign of blue light in his eye. "Well, tournaments already been plenty weird for me so far, but it seems the weirdo count went up by plus one just now." 

While Jet seemed strangely dismissive, and hesitant in his dismissal, Hanae merely said, "well, no surprise there. Dragons seem to be the biggest weirdo magnet I've ever heard of, and if I recall, yours seems to be a replication of one of the biggest in history." After stating that to Jet, she turned over to the new boy saying, "so what about you Eye-Boy? You a dragon kind of guy?" 

7e8xcYT.png

Furiko was a bit pensive as the girl introduced herself, wondering where she had heard the name before. It didn't take long, though, as she had managed to put the name to the face of the person who was one of the contestants in the next duel. As Eizar went to explain the situation at hand, the girl said, "yeah, it's pretty much that. Blues Kaiba is the one who found us but, there doesn't really seem to be much rhyme or reason as to why these blank cards chose us." With a friendly smile, the girl then shrugged saying, "and I guess all of us just couldn't help join in on something so big, even if it is a bit hard to believe it all." Scratching her head a bit she said, "sorry too, if this seems like a bit much all at once, it's only been like a few days for us so far as well anyway. And it sounds like you've already had a run in with them, so if you need any help or have any more questions feel free to ask..." the girl looked around to notice that nearly everyone who had been here earlier had already cleared out. "Well, him and I, I guess." 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DidrsfD.png

"Each of these blank cards house a monster that can defeat the Wicked Gods, the ones who were controlling Nero earlier, according to Blues. We don't know why they chose us specifically, but a common pattern has been that we are all missing somebody who've been spirited away as sacrifices for the Wicked Gods. That's why we're all here. Unfortunately they have a Psychic Duelist that's out to make sure we don't accomplish that, though Kyouji is on his way to take care of it."

I see. Sounds like a nasty kidnapping case then. I hope Hiromi's alright.

"Yeah, it's pretty much that. Blues Kaiba is the one who found us but, there doesn't really seem to be much rhyme or reason as to why these blank cards chose us. And I guess all of us just couldn't help join in on something so big, even if it is a bit hard to believe it all. Sorry too, if this seems like a bit much all at once, it's only been like a few days for us so far as well anyway. And it sounds like you've already had a run in with them, so if you need any help or have any more questions feel free to ask... Well, him and I, I guess."

"I think I've got the general idea down-pat. When you hear about something big like this, you can't not join in, right? We're humans, we want to be remembered for something great, so we hop into crazy mumbo jumbo like this Wicked God situation. If it all comes down to dueling, seeing as we're all in the Fortune Cup, I think we've got this. I'd kind of like to duel one of you to get a feel for who I'm working with, but I'm up for the tournament after Mr. Kaiba's duel, so it might have to wait."

3CRqVF7.png

"Thanks for accompanying me, Aika. Still, you didn't have to."

"Course I do," the psychic replied. "Bein' a big deal with city folk means diddly squat if yer dealin' with psychics. So y'all need another psychic to back you up. A stronger one. I ain't really one for tootin' my own horn, but I've never met a psychic stronger'n me."

~~Kuria's POV~~

He had seen a lot of convoluted plays in his day, but he was pretty sure the stunt Mokuba did was pretty damn high on that list now. Clicking his tongue as Blues forced Mokuba to waste his monster's effect, he couldn't help but glance back slightly towards Jet while keeping most of his gaze on the battle. "I'm not too sure him winning's a good thing anymore," Kuria muttered to himself. "I can at least work without an Extra Deck, if needed, while he has to use it."

"You think that's weird? You obviously haven't done your research..." That was damned loud, and obvious that he wanted to be heard by someone. Turning his head, he saw someone approach Jet, who became uncomfortable around the stran---

Did I just see a 'P' in that eye?

Closing his eyes for a second, he forced a replay of what he saw through the artificial eye, stopping right at where he thought he saw something...and quite clearly saw the runic letter in question. Opening his eyes as he stood up to move out of his seat and up closer towards where Jet was being outnumbered two-to-one, he rose his voice to command the attention of both Hanae and the stranger.

"Hey, both of you, ease up on him. And you." Pointing right at the person that was not Hanae with the metallic arm, Kuria leveled both of his eyes on him, certain to make sure his fake eye was visible through the hair that usually covered it as it noticeably zoomed in on the stranger's face. "I thought I was the only one with a funked-up eye here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Miero's POV~~

Miero had been content to listen to those around him, trying to think about not only how they could defeat these twisted monsters but also get his son back from one of them. However, as he listened, one of them said something that he felt was important.

"Just thinking out loud here. But...maybe they're just waiting for the right opportunity? Sort of like how an entertainer puts on a real showstopper at the end of their show." Miero had heard Daichi explain. "Maybe they're trying to figure out what note to go out on and then they'll strike."

"...or maybe it's like a story in a book," he remarked just loud enough to be heard before looking up towards Daichi. "It's possible that they have already figured out the plotline are trying to figure out how to write it out so that the ending is the one they wish for. However, for the attentive reader, there is always clues in the text to find that could give a hint as to what may happen next or in the future. The trick, in this case, would be finding the proverbial text to find said clues in---and don't even think about it, Wade," Miero preempted at the end, realizing midway in that the madman would likely try to do something stupid and insane in the process.

Tycho moved his eyes over to the door, taking in Yugo. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "Hello, Yugo... Yes, some goon working for the Wicked Gods. Stabbed me while he was disguised as Izayoi." Some of the orderlies gave Tycho funny looks at the mention of "Wicked Gods," but they had bigger worries on their minds with the long list of casualties the tournament had racked up so far, and quickly went back to work. Tycho winced as they began applying stitches to his wound. 

"He's striking at Kaiba's Extra Deck to restrict his options, at the cost of his own... Can hardly blame him, the Blue-Eyes is already such a mighty force, and with Blues deprived of his Fusion Monsters, the duel isn't in his favor..." He trailed off, looking warily to Yugo. "Mokuba is a shrewd opponent, to be sure. I wonder if he's been sowing the seeds for victory against Kaiba from the start."

"He told me you ally yourself with Izayoi, Yugo. I don't know if Izayoi has our best interests at heart... He may be responsible for taking out Yuria." He watched Yugo's face intently. "So tell me... Are you with Izayoi... or us? And I do mean US," he said emphatically, jerking a hand up to point at the TV, and Blues' grim face. "I may not like Kaiba much, but being allied with him and his crew might be the only way to surpass my limits. Which one is it, Yugo? Because if you aim to move against us I will fight you right now with my full strength." He clearly meant it; There was no trace of exaggeration in his voice, his forehead furrowed in determination. 

• 2 weeks later...

"Hello, Yugo... Yes, some goon working for the Wicked Gods. Stabbed me while he was disguised as Izayoi." Some of the orderlies gave Tycho funny looks at the mention of "Wicked Gods," to which Yugo looked around at the orderlies. They didn't seem super concerned, but it was still kinda odd to him. Then Tycho decided to answer Yugo's question. "He's striking at Kaiba's Extra Deck to restrict his options, at the cost of his own... Can hardly blame him, the Blue-Eyes is already such a mighty force, and with Blues deprived of his Fusion Monsters, the duel isn't in his favor..." He trailed off, looking warily to Yugo. "Mokuba is a shrewd opponent, to be sure. I wonder if he's been sowing the seeds for victory against Kaiba from the start."

"That's a fair point... I guess I'm just so used to the Extra Deck being the major powerhouse of a deck," Yugo stated with a shrug. Tycho then spoke again, causing Yugo to look at him.

"He told me you ally yourself with Izayoi, Yugo. I don't know if Izayoi has our best interests at heart... He may be responsible for taking out Yuria." He watched Yugo's face intently. "So tell me... Are you with Izayoi... or us? And I do mean US," he said emphatically, jerking a hand up to point at the TV, and Blues' grim face. "I may not like Kaiba much, but being allied with him and his crew might be the only way to surpass my limits. Which one is it, Yugo? Because if you aim to move against us I will fight you right now with my full strength." Yugo sighed, sticking a finger in his ear and rubbing it before speaking up.

"Look man, I have no clue who Izayoi is. Like, at all. The only clue I got is that he has my grandma's last name, but I've never heard of him before today. Are you sure that Mokuba is on the up and up? Like, he's seriously creepy...," he shook his head and clenched his fist. "Anyways, I'm with you guys. I'm going to fight with you against the Wicked Gods until the bitter end," 

"I...don't know what your talking about actually." he said, slowly turning away to watch the Duel. However, he began to hold on to his right arm. 

"I don't believe you," Rando said. "You're many things, but not a good liar,"

"Well, tournaments already been plenty weird for me so far, but it seems the weirdo count went up by plus one just now. Well, no surprise there. Dragons seem to be the biggest weirdo magnet I've ever heard of, and if I recall, yours seems to be a replication of one of the biggest in history." After stating that to Jet, she turned over to the new boy saying, "so what about you Eye-Boy? You a dragon kind of guy?"

"Eh, dragons are okay. I like other mythology more," Randall said with a shrug. "Besides, this card game really overuses dragons...,"

"Course I do," Aika replied. "Bein' a big deal with city folk means diddly squat if yer dealin' with psychics. So y'all need another psychic to back you up. A stronger one. I ain't really one for tootin' my own horn, but I've never met a psychic stronger'n me."

"That's a fair point, but how many psychics have you met?" Kyouji mentioned before stopping. "Wait... something's happening at the duel...," He turned his head, placing his hands over his eyes to try to see the duel better.

"It's my turn, draw!" Blues called out as he pulled out his card. "Now, due to the effect of Cross Dimensional Duel, my Ancient Gear Golem returns, and its attack is doubled!" The metal man returned to the field, a golden glow surrounding its body as it roared, its attack shooting up from 3000 to 6000. "And now, it attacks your Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon! Mechanized Melee!" The iron giant roared as it drew back its fist, firing off a punch, and killing the shiny dragon. "And that ends my turn,"

Mokuba drew his card and smirked. "And now... I finish you here, Blues Kaiba," His voice was strong and confident, carrying across the stadium. The wind began to pick up a little as he slapped his card down. "I activate the Spell Card Dragon's Mirror! By banishing the fusion materials from the field or graveyard, I can summon a fusion monster! I banish Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon, Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon, and Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon from my graveyard!"

The sky turned dark, the clouds swirling around and lightning cracking in the sky. Eight lights came out of Mokuba's duel disk and flew up into the sky, swirling around each other and disappearing above the clouds. The hooded man madly cackled as the storm raged around him, his voice somehow being heard over the winds as he chanted.

"The ultimate evolution of the shining blue eyed god descends to Earth! Devour the weak with your ultimate power! Fusion Summon! Level 12, Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon!!!" An explosion of light and wind suddenly drove the clouds away, the bright orb preventing anyone from seeing what was in the center. It lowered itself to the ground before the light died down, revealing a dragon standing on its hind legs. It was so massive, that the upper half of its body towered out of the stadium and into the sky. It resembled Blue-Eyes White Dragon, but its wings were bigger, spreading out much farther, the body itself being bulkier, and its jaw was large enough to catch an Egyptian God's fist, and lined with sharp teeth. Blue lines and symbols glowed across its body as its eyes shined with a brilliant light.

"Wh-what kind of Blue-Eyes is that?" Juri Lee commented from her place, the rest of the audience in complete awe. Blues, however, stared down the massive beast, his poker face being unreadable as his coat and scarf was waving in the wind.  

"Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon is a monster that can only be summoned by fusing with one of every Blue-Eyes monster there is, but the payoff is worth it!" Mokuba called out. "It is unaffected by all effects, cannot be destroyed by battle, cannot be tributed, and has 5000 attack points!" His laughter grew harder as he spoke. "However, his special ability makes him even more terrifying! He gains 1000 ATK for every Blue-Eyes monster used to summon him, and I used eight, so his attack goes up to 13,000 ATK!!" The dragon roared as its attack points soared. "And now, he attacks! Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon, use your Converging White Light of Decimation!!" The monster complied, roaring as white energy gathered in its mouth, a
"This is the end for you, Blues Hikari Kaiba!" Mokuba's laughter filled the whole stadium as the dragon fired, engulfing Blues in a spectacular white light that outshone the sun, leaving the sky as black as night. When the attack faded and light returned to normal, a huge cloud of debris covered where Blues once stood, obscuring him from anyone's view.

oXNSzB8.png

Buster Blader sighed as he watched Black Rose Dragon land, Helena slipping off her back. He silently motioned for everyone to follow him, and he headed down the hall, back to the massive library. When they got there, Endymion was in the process of shutting a book and placing it back where it belong. Looking up, he saw the humans and nodded.

"Honored guests, I apologize for calling on you so suddenly," He said. "However, through my research and consulting of some of the older duel spirits, I believe that not only have I discovered the origin of your blank cards, but a way to... accelerate their awakening, as it were," He motioned for them to sit at a table, one with large, comfortable looking chairs. Wade plopped down in one of them and made propped his feet on the table.

"Well then, let us have it," Wade commented. Endymion stared at Wade for a few seconds before waving his hand, an unseen force suddenly sending Wade flying out of the chair and out the library, the doors slamming behind him. He then sat down at the table, looking at all of them.

"So, as I was saying. It seems that after the Wicked Gods and the Great Leviathan...," He paused, realizing the group would not know what that was Great Leviathan was. "The Great Leviathan was the creature that caused the fall of the legendary city of Atlantis...," he added before going back into his explanation, "...launched their attacks on the human world, the three Egyptian Gods, the Legendary Knights, the Crimson Dragon, and the Aesir all gathered together to discuss what they should do if those evils were to rise again," Endymion paused to let everyone catch up. "As the Egyptian Gods were soon leaving our plane of reality, it would be a miracle to beat them again.

After much deliberation, the four forces forged these 'blank cards', as weapons to be used against the evil, should it rise again. These blank cards are nothing more than pure sentient energy, waiting for their chosen champion to mold them into the form they will take. How to mold them is still a mystery, however, there seems to be... trials, of some sort, created to test the wielder, in case the blank card fell into the wrong hands. Your cards will not awaken until this trial is passed," 

oR7NKgI.png?1

As the strange metal boy walked over to tell them to stop ganging up on Jet, Hanae waved him off saying,"we're not ganging up, we're just having a friendly chat is all." The girl ruffled her hand through Jet's hair roughly, as if to show this, before turning to face the weirdo that had originally joined the crew. "Mythologies huh?" The girl raised an eyebrow at this, before waving him off, saying, "dragons? Overused? I'll have you know they're used in perfect moderation, and nothing beat they're majesty. And-" the girl was cut off as the sky suddenly became darker and the loud roar could be heard. Turning around to see the massive dragon be summoned onto the field, the girl's mouth was partially agape, only closing to let out an impressed whistle as she said, "alright you might have a point. They're still cool though." 

As the dragon let loose its breath attack, the girl looked towards its master, being tipped off by the mad cackling that he might not be all there in the head. "Still so sure he has no idea what he's doing?" The girl jeered at the man who was with Jet, only to then look more closely at where Blues was standing, a troubled expression crossing her face. If this man was truly their enemy, then the chance of Blues making it out of an attack like that unscathed, in a physical sense, were slim. Waiting to see the result of the attack, Hanae continue to stand there silently. 

7e8xcYT.png

"Well, something like that," the girl shrugged as Ayame brought up wanting to do something to be remembered. Trying to think about who she was up against next, she snapped her fingers saying, "right, you're against Hanae next. She's also with us, but I haven't seen her for a bit. I haven't actually seen her duel yet, but if she's here she's probably tough, so, good luck in your match."

-The Moonlit Magician-

~Citadel of Endymion~

"...or maybe it's like a story in a book. It's possible that they have already figured out the plotline are trying to figure out how to write it out so that the ending is the one they wish for. However, for the attentive reader, there is always clues in the text to find that could give a hint as to what may happen next or in the future. The trick, in this case, would be finding the proverbial text to find said clues in---and don't even think about it, Wade."

That was one way to think about it. Miero had a good way to put, just as Daichi had his own way to put it. Bottom line was: it was obvious that those who opposed them were definitely in control of the game...just waiting to pull out that showstopper.

Nevertheless, Daichi brought his attention from his thoughts just in time for Endymion to speak.

"Honored guests, I apologize for calling on you so suddenly. However, through my research and consulting of some of the older Duel Spirits, I believe that not only have I discovered the origin of your blank cards, but a way to...accelerate their awakening, as it were. So, as I was saying. It seems that after the Wicked Gods and the Great Leviathan...The Great Leviathan was the creature that caused the fall of the legendary city of Atlantis.....launched their attacks on the human world, the three Egyptian Gods, the Legendary Knights, the Crimson Dragon, and the Aesir all gathered together to discuss what they should do if those evils were to rise again. As the Egyptian Gods were soon leaving our plane of reality, it would be a miracle to beat them again. After much deliberation, the four forces forged these 'blank cards', as weapons to be used against the evil, should it rise again. These blank cards are nothing more than pure sentient energy, waiting for their chosen champion to mold them into the form they will take. How to mold them is still a mystery, however, there seems to be... trials, of some sort, created to test the wielder, in case the blank card fell into the wrong hands. Your cards will not awaken until this trial is passed."

He listened closely to the Spellcaster as he did his explanation. But right now, this seemed like quite a bit of information to take in. But to know that these Blank Cards that Blues had given them were forged by not only the Egyptian Gods, but the Legendary Knights, Crimson Dragon, and the Aesir.

"These cards...hold that much power...?" Daichi asked silently, slowly pulling out his Blank Card from his deck box. He pulled his head from the card back to Endymion. Something he said did catch his attention. "Trials?"

"If I may, master Endymion." Haruto began to interject. "But trials? What do these trials entail? What will they have to do?"

"Heh, took the words right out of my mouth, Haruto." Daichi nodded, putting his Blank Card away once more. "Is it anything similar to what I currently went through with the Gagaga Clan and becoming their champion? Oooooor is this something completely different?"

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

"I don't believe you. You're many things, but not a good liar."

Jet's grip on his right arm grew a bit tighter as Rando spoke, but he kept silent for a good long moment. "...I doubt I'm that special. Especially with whatever you say you have..." he simply said, quickly doing his best to end that conversation.

"Well, tournaments already been plenty weird for me so far, but it seems the weirdo count went up by plus one just now. Well, no surprise there. Dragons seem to be the biggest weirdo magnet I've ever heard of, and if I recall, yours seems to be a replication of one of the biggest in history. So what about you Eye-Boy? You a dragon kind of guy?"

"Eh, dragons are okay. I like other mythology more.Besides, this card game really overuses dragons..."

He glanced at Hanae when she said that one line: "Yours seems to be a replication of one of the biggest in history". If anything, THAT dragon went missing a long time ago, at least from what Akihiro said. Besides, the damned card that he had was nothing like THAT dragon at all. It was different than what he had been stuck with...that's for sure.

Jet was brought back to earth, when Akihiro jumped up with widened eyes in surprise. Apparently...the Duel was going in an unexpected place.

"I activate the Spell Card Dragon's Mirror! By banishing the fusion materials from the field or graveyard, I can summon a fusion monster! I banish Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon, Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon, and Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon from my graveyard! The ultimate evolution of the shining blue eyed god descends to Earth! Devour the weak with your ultimate power! Fusion Summon! Level 12, Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon!!!"

"Blue-Eyes...Maximum Over-Dragon...?" Jet asked, his eyes now glued onto the newly summoned monster and right now, he could feel himself shaking slightly. "What sort of monster is that, doctor?"

He looked at Akihiro, who turned white as a ghost. It was almost like he had seen a ghost or something.

"Still so sure he has no idea what he's doing?"

Akihiro never addressed Hanae's smart-alack remark, but his eyes remained on the battlefield. He moved closer to the railings and gripped onto them tightly. Impossible...INCONCEIVABLE!!! No man alive should have that card...no one... he thought, watching the beast roaring.

"Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon is a monster that can only be summoned by fusing with one of every Blue-Eyes monster there is, but the payoff is worth it! It is unaffected by all effects, cannot be destroyed by battle, cannot be tributed, and has 5000 attack points! However, his special ability makes him even more terrifying! He gains 1000 ATK for every Blue-Eyes monster used to summon him, and I used eight, so his attack goes up to 13,000 ATK!!"

That effect...there's no mistaking it. Akihiro thought, his teeth gritting against one another as his grip on the railing grew tighter. It's HIS monster...but how? He had that card taken and locked away...how in the world...?

"This is the end for you, Blues Hikari Kaiba!"

"No damnit!!" Akihiro shouted, slamming his fist against the railing. His plan right now was all for not, all because of this...this man. But how could some commoner possibly be able to utilize a deck such as this...and with HIS monster.

3CRqVF7.png

"That's a fair point, but how many psychics have you met?"

"Fair few," Aika guessed. If there were another psychic with her sheer power, Aika was pretty sure she would have heard of them by now. Given she hadn't, she was fairly confident other psychics of her particular caliber didn't exist.

"Wait... something's happening at the duel..."

"Mmm?"

"The ultimate evolution of the shining blue eyed god descends to Earth! Devour the weak with your ultimate power! Fusion Summon! Level 12, Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon!!!"

As Aika watched the events of the duel unfold, her first thought was Gimme a good solid turn an' I can beat over that thing. As Mokuba's more-than-spirited explanation of the monster continued, followed by its massive attack, Aika found hersel with mixed feelings. On the one hand, Blues Kaiba was... well, he was Blues Kaiba. Her gut told her that if anyone could bullshit their way out of a terrible situation like this, it would probably be the CEO of KaibaCorp. On the other hand, what if he couldn't? Seeing as he was effectively the head of this anti-Wicked God mission, losing him would probably mean the mission would lose direction rapidly, and the whole team would fall apart.

Most importantly, that meant that the Wicked Gods wouldn't be stopped, and to Aika, what that meant was there was no getting back her kidnapped relative. "Reckon we should do somethin' bout that?" she couldn't help but ask. Were they even allowed to do anything about that?

DidrsfD.png

"Well, something like that. Right, you're against Hanae next. She's also with us, but I haven't seen her for a bit. I haven't actually seen her duel yet, but if she's here she's probably tough, so, good luck in your match."

"She is a tough opponent yes, so thanks for the good luck. I just might need it. Good luck in your duel as well." I probably won't need it, really.

~Kuria's POV~

"So what about you Eye-Boy? You a dragon kind of guy?"

"We're not ganging up, we're just having a friendly chat is all."

Kuria rolled his living eye, since it was a pain in the ass to do the same with the mechanical one. "Type doesn't even come into consideration for me," he remarked in response before turning towards Hanae. "Considering how uncomfortable in his skin he looked, I didn't know. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry."

"I activate the Spell Card Dragon's Mirror! By banishing the fusion materials from the field or graveyard, I can summon a fusion monster! I banish Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon, Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon, and Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon from my graveyard! The ultimate evolution of the shining blue eyed god descends to Earth! Devour the weak with your ultimate power! Fusion Summon! Level 12, Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon!!!"

"Is he trying to bust eardrums," Kuria snarked, glancing down towards Jet, whom was now looking towards a now pale-as-funk Dr. Creeptastic.

"This is the end for you, Blues Hikari Kaiba!"

As said doctor gave his outburst on the attack to come, Kuria looked up in time to see Blues get nailed by the attack, smoke covering his appearance. Normally, he would be unconcerned, but the smoke was thick enough to make him think that the attack was made real.

"...Jet, make sure Mr. Creeptastic is alright, I'll be right back."

Kuria rushed over towards the barrier separating the audience from the dueling field, before grabbing it with the metallic arm and used it to support his weight as he completely jumped over it, landing with a loud thud that revealed how heavy he really was on the ground before, the ground cracking slightly on impact. As soon as he landed, Kuria rushed forward into the smoke, pulling the front of his shirt over his mouth to keep as much of the smoke from entering his lungs as possible. "Blues!"

If Blues was flat on the ground, Kuria would pick him up off the floor, even if he had to do so bridal-style. If fallen onto his hands and knees, he'd help him get up on to his feet.

He's honestly not sure what he'd do if Blues was still standing outside of sighing in relief, however...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Miero's POV~

Listening to the words spoken by Endymion, Miero couldn't help but pull back one side of the trenchcoat to pull out out the clear-sleeved blank and look at it, flipping between the blank on one side and the faded Harpie's Pet Dragon on the other.

Did they really create this card, or are they lying to me?

Our words are not lies, summoner.

However, the same energy used to create the other blank cards was used to make the one in your hand. So, as much as we tried to overwrite the need for such trials, we have ultimately failed.

Miero closed his eyes in thought before sliding the cards back into the inside pocket of the green coat, standing up with the aid of the staff in his hand. "I think a better question would be are there any clues that could lead to the trials to be done?" Lifting the emerald-tipped staff, he couldn't resist spinning it around once like a baton before returning it to resting position. "The loss of such important information is a dangerous thing to consider, as well as having trials that likely consist solely of dueling, which would allow any skilled duelist could claim them, even those whom would wield these blank cards to aid the Wicked Gods."

Tycho nodded slowly, looking Yugo in the eyes. "... Good," he finally said wearily, turning back to the television. "It's as I thought... Mokuba wasn't being truthful when I spoke with him. Not about everything... He WAS correct about Izayoi's powerful card that could take down the gods... Or at least Izayoi didn't deny he had it. The Black Magician, whatever that is..."

"Izayoi is obviously a powerful opponent... I dueled him earlier today. He deflected two strikes that against any other duelist would have been winning blows." Tycho growled irritably. "And if he advanced further in the tournament... which with his skill, is likely... He'll eventually face you." 

He looked over his shoulder, down the infirmary. The bed holding Kaede was several feet away. She was still unconscious. "Apparently you have to fight your way through the guy who put her there first, though," he stated heavily. "I overheard one of the nurses talking about it. Psychic duelist, like Aika. Very dangerous."

"Meanwhile... I'll eventually have to fight one of these two... And it's looking like it won't be Kaiba," he stated grimly, looking at the towering monster on the screen, the Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon roaring as it sent a beam of destructive power towards Blues. "So this is the power of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon..." Tycho breathed. "A monster immune to any effect and any battle... and the strength to crush anything in it's path. Even a Kaiba." He watched as Kuria ran out onto the duel field, looking to help Blues. "If Blues falls here... it doesn't look good for the rest of us."

As Helena's talk with Black Rose Dragon continued, a bright flash landed by them, it was Clear Wing Dragon. Apparently, Endymion wanted Helena back at the Citadel. Black Rose volunteered to take her back and after letting Helena and Shiren get on her back, she took off. "Now, as I was saying... I have to ask you an important question. What do you think of your own physic powers?" She asked gently as they flew back to the Citadel.

Helena thought it over for a second. "Isn't it obvious? I hate them... Everyone back home is afraid of me..." she answered sadly. It was true, after the incident back home, nobody wanted anything to do with her, except her brother of course.

Black Rose Dragon looked back at Helena sympathetically. "I understand your powers are hard to handle, but... Resenting your power and trying to suppress it just makes it come out in a violent explosion," she explained. Shiren was well aware of this, but Helena didn't understand.

"Well what am I supposed to do?" she raised her voice a little. "I do all that I can to keep myself calm... But once the headaches start it's only a matter of time... I lose control..." It was like an uncontrollable migraine at times and the pain stuck with her even after the migraine ends.

"I don't have a direct answer," Blacl Rose admitted. "But I know you'll have to come to terms with your power. Your fear of it is materializing as this spilt personality. You'll have to overcome your fear. I don't have a direct answer," Black Rose admitted. "But I know you'll have to come to terms with your power. Your fear of it is materializing as this spilt personality. You'll have to overcome your fear."

That made Helena think, "Figure out myself?" she looked back down. "I know you can do it, helena... I know you're strong..." shiren said putting a hand on Helena's shoulder. She nodded and stayed quiet until they landed at the Citadel, where Buster Blader was waiting for them. He motioned for Helena to head inside.

She and Shiren walked in to see the others were already there, with Endymion presiding over them. "Honored guests, I apologize for calling on you so suddenly," He said. "However, through my research and consulting of some of the older duel spirits, I believe that not only have I discovered the origin of your blank cards, but a way to... accelerate their awakening, as it were," He motioned for them to sit at a table, one with large, comfortable looking chairs. Wade seemed to be impatient compared to everyone else, and was sent flying out of the room by Endymion, either by annoyance or because this wasn't for his ears.

"So, as I was saying. It seems that after the Wicked Gods and the Great Leviathan...," He paused, realizing the group would not know what that was Great Leviathan was. "The Great Leviathan was the creature that caused the fall of the legendary city of Atlantis...," he added before going back into his explanation, "...launched their attacks on the human world, the three Egyptian Gods, the Legendary Knights, the Crimson Dragon, and the Aesir all gathered together to discuss what they should do if those evils were to rise again," Endymion paused to let everyone catch up. "As the Egyptian Gods were soon leaving our plane of reality, it would be a miracle to beat them again.

After much deliberation, the four forces forged these 'blank cards', as weapons to be used against the evil, should it rise again. These blank cards are nothing more than pure sentient energy, waiting for their chosen champion to mold them into the form they will take. How to mold them is still a mystery, however, there seems to be... trials, of some sort, created to test the wielder, in case the blank card fell into the wrong hands. Your cards will not awaken until this trial is passed,"

Helena was having a hard time following everything, but she understood a bit of it, specifically the part about the blank cards. "A trial... Hmm..." Would she even be ready? She hadn't duel in a while and her deck wasn't anything special. Why was she ever chosen for this in the first place? Shiren noticed the distress in Helena's face but remained quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

The stadium was deathly silent as the attack blasted Blues. Most were in shock about the monster, some were in shock over the attack itself. Kuria seemed to be the most worried about Blues, as he rushed out to help the CEO. The smoke was thick still, making it hard to see... but it seemed that help wasn't needed.

With a dramatic flourish of his hand and coat, Blues blew away all the smoke, standing tall and proud. "As president of Kaiba Corp, I declare this INVALID!!!" The Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon began to fade away, pillars of smoke billowing from his body. Blues had a smug grin on his face as he watched Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon fading.

"What's this?" Juri Lee cried. "Why has Blues declared this invalid? Could it be that he's cheating because he can't win?"

"Nothing like that," Blues fired. "But you see, he is playing a custom card that was taken out of circulation due to the death of its original owner, Azure Kaiba, my father. As he is the only one with a copy of the card, that makes Mokuba only one person. The man that broke into Kaiba Corp a month ago... my father's MURDERER!!" He pointed dramatically at Mokuba as he said his last line. "You're a third-rate duelist with a fourth-rate deck trying to win with a card that isn't yours!" 

Mokuba was quiet, looking at the ground before he threw his head back and laughing evilly. "You're a fool that doesn't realize how deep this goes. Well, I'll answer your accusation with two words... SMOKE BOMB!" He threw down a smoke bomb, covering the area with smoke. It was around for all but a few seconds before Blues backhanded the air, blowing away the smoke. However, those few seconds were all that were needed was for Mokuba to escape. Blues clicked his tongue and walked away, security chasing Mokuba.

"A-and with that, I guess Blues is the winner!" Juri Lee commented.

Kyouji's grip on his D-Wheel's handle tightened as he watched what happened. "Alright, change of plans. I'm going to chase after Mokuba,"

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that," A timid voice called out. Standing in their way was a grey haired girl standing there, a Hydrogeddon standing by her, snarling at them. "Kyouji, you've been an inspiration to everyone... and you'll be a bigger one as a martyr...," The Hydrogeddon snarled and leapt at the Duel Champ.

"... Good," he finally said wearily, turning back to the television. "It's as I thought... Mokuba wasn't being truthful when I spoke with him. Not about everything... He WAS correct about Izayoi's powerful card that could take down the gods... Or at least Izayoi didn't deny he had it. The Black Magician, whatever that is..."

"Sprinkle some truth into the lie, make things even muddier," Yugo muttered, nodding as he listened to Tycho.

"Izayoi is obviously a powerful opponent... I dueled him earlier today. He deflected two strikes that against any other duelist would have been winning blows." Tycho growled irritably. "And if he advanced further in the tournament... which with his skill, is likely... He'll eventually face you." He then stopped to look at the bed holding Kaede was several feet away, still unconscious. "Apparently you have to fight your way through the guy who put her there first, though," he stated heavily. "I overheard one of the nurses talking about it. Psychic duelist, like Aika. Very dangerous."

"So I've heard. I've never took on a Psychic before. It could be fun," 

"Meanwhile... I'll eventually have to fight one of these two... And it's looking like it won't be Kaiba," he stated grimly, looking at the towering monster on the screen, the Blue-Eyes Maximum Over-Dragon roaring as it sent a beam of destructive power towards Blues. "So this is the power of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon..." Tycho breathed. "A monster immune to any effect and any battle... and the strength to crush anything in it's path. Even a Kaiba." He watched as Kuria ran out onto the duel field, looking to help Blues. "If Blues falls here... it doesn't look good for the rest of us."

"I have faith in him," Yugo said. "Something just seems off about the whole duel...," He watched until he saw the aftermath, the claims, Mokuba running away. He clenched his fist before folding his arm. "That bastard... like, what the hell is with him? He has to be working for the Wicked Gods, right?"

Rando chuckled as Hana mentioned he had a point, but he stood up as the smoke cleared. Squinting, he turned to walk away, as quietly as he appeared. 

oXNSzB8.png

"These cards...hold that much power...?" Daichi asked silently, slowly pulling out his Blank Card from his deck box. He pulled his head from the card back to Endymion. Something he said did catch his attention. "Trials?"

"If I may, master Endymion." Haruto began to interject. "But trials? What do these trials entail? What will they have to do?"

"Heh, took the words right out of my mouth, Haruto." Daichi nodded, putting his Blank Card away once more. "Is it anything similar to what I currently went through with the Gagaga Clan and becoming their champion? Oooooor is this something completely different?"

"I think a better question would be are there any clues that could lead to the trials to be done?" Lifting the emerald-tipped staff, he couldn't resist spinning it around once like a baton before returning it to resting position. "The loss of such important information is a dangerous thing to consider, as well as having trials that likely consist solely of dueling, which would allow any skilled duelist could claim them, even those whom would wield these blank cards to aid the Wicked Gods."

"A trial... Hmm..."

Endymion gauged everyone's reaction before he continued. "To be honest, I don't know what the trials entails. From what I can tell, each trial is different for each card... each card has its own way of testing their owner's worthiness. Some may duel you to gauge your strength or style, or some might be something like facing your fears. Sadly, I can't tell, nor can I directly tap into cards to discover this, as their magic is far beyond my own... but there is a place we can go to...," He stood up, putting his hands behind his back. "Get some rest. Tomorrow, we head for the city of Atlantis,"

So, Spirit World Squad, just have your character being lead to their rooms, give your personal thoughts, and go to sleep. The rooms you are given will be large and extravagant, so there's that.

oR7NKgI.png?1

As the dust settled, Hanae was impressed to see that Blues was relatively unharmed. This feeling was soon impressed by one of immense confusion as the duel was declared invalid, and the entire scene between Ao and Blues played before her. When the whole thing was done, the girl looked behind her to see that the weird eye guy was gone, prompting her to say, "yep, definitely a weirdo." Shrugging, it appeared that the duel was over and now it was her turn. Getting ready to leave, she looked back to Jet saying, "later Star Boy." With that, the girl walked away, getting ready to get to the field to have her fateful showdown. 

7e8xcYT.png

"Thanks. I'll be sure to put on a good show." After stating that to the girl, she looked back to the monitor seeing the whole ordeal with Blue-Eyes Overdragon play out. The girl was certainly confused at the result of the match, but more so worried. She had no idea if Blues's father's killer was related to the wicked gods or if he was just an independent faction by himself. All the same, there was someone with something incredibly powerful and definitely not friendly at large, causing Furiko to be a bit on edge. Looking back to Ayame she said, "oh, it looks like you're up now." 

-The Moonlit Magician-

~Citadel of Endymion~

"To be honest, I don't know what the trials entails. From what I can tell, each trial is different for each card... each card has its own way of testing their owner's worthiness. Some may duel you to gauge your strength or style, or some might be something like facing your fears. Sadly, I can't tell, nor can I directly tap into cards to discover this, as their magic is far beyond my own... but there is a place we can go to...Get some rest. Tomorrow, we head for the city of Atlantis."

Atlantis? That was something Daichi never thought he'd hear in a sentence. Going to Atlantis... As he and Haruto were lead to their room, the Duelist was still wondering how things were going to go.

A trial...no, then it couldn't be like what I went through to become the chosen champion of the Gagaga Clan. Daichi thought, rubbing his chin slightly. Better question becomes: what is my card's trial? Strength? Style? ...or is it one of my fears? He thought long and hard about this, until his thoughts were stopped when Haruto cleared his throat. "H-Hm? What's wrong Haruto?"

"Will you be entering your room or staying out in the hallway all night, Dai?" Haruto simply asked, showing Daichi that they arrived at the one room.

"Oh right...sorry. Just doing some thinking." he apologized, as Haruto faded and Daichi walked into the room. Immediately he made his way to the bed and collapsed on it. Think about it tomorrow, Raimu...tonight, just sleep. We'll deal with the trial tomorrow...

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

"As president of Kaiba Corp, I declare this INVALID!!!"

"He survived!?!" Akihiro asked, almost astonished.

"...doesn't that mean good things for us, doctor?" Jet simply asked, noticing Akihiro trying to regain his composure.

"I-Indeed..."

"Nothing like that. But you see, he is playing a custom card that was taken out of circulation due to the death of its original owner, Azure Kaiba, my father. As he is the only one with a copy of the card, that makes Mokuba only one person. The man that broke into Kaiba Corp a month ago... my father's MURDERER!! You're a third-rate duelist with a fourth-rate deck trying to win with a card that isn't yours!"

That was...his father's card? Jet thought, before glancing at Akihiro again. Is that why he was so uneasy?

Akihiro watched the whole ordeal go down, and Mokuba run off after being told this. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he turned on his heel and left the area. It was only a thief...nevertheless...how could such a petty thief and murderer be able to use such a card without any training? he thought, his pace getting quicker. FURTHERMORE...he was able to utilize the ability of Overdragon...except throwing in Blue-Eyes Chaos and Blue-Eyes Solid...almost flawlessly. Get it together Akihiro...why would you freak out over such a fluke.

3CRqVF7.png

"Alright, change of plans. I'm going to chase after Mokuba."

Did Aika blame Kyouji for the change of plans? Of course not. After his little stunt, and Blues calling him out on his thievery, it only made sense to try and go after him. However, it was better to focus on the job at hand, and besides, security would definitely have it taken care of, right? Big-city security wasn't a laughing matter as far as Aika was aware.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that."

Aika turned her attention to the sudden intrusion. As much as she appreciated someone agreeing with her, Aika had a gut feeling that this person wasn't exactly any sort of ally to the two. The snarling Hydrogeddon probably had something to do with it.

"Kyouji, you've been an inspiration to everyone... and you'll be a bigger one as a martyr..."

Ah, come on! Aika reached for her deck, and pulled out the cards to fight off other psychics with. "Y'all're really on my last nerve," she grunted. Even if she destroyed the Hydrogeddon, this girl would just summon another one, right? Aika had a better idea. Hopefully she doesn't die. Would rather NOT be a killer.

And so, in a manner similar to when the monster had appeared in Kyouji's room before, Aika threw down three copies of Stormlet Bolt. A mighty arc of lightning descended from the skies outside, tearing through walls and floors for the express purpose of striking her target. Except, rather than the Hydrogeddon, Aika was aiming at the person who summoned it. At the very least, that was bound to hurt like a JABRONI. Being struck by a massive bolt of lightning generally had that effect on people.

DidrsfD.png

"Thanks. I'll be sure to put on a good show. Oh, it looks like you're up now."

"Looks that way. See you after our duels." And with that, Ayame was off. The situation with Blues and Mokuba was pretty out there, but after everything Ayame had been through after showing up to the Fortune Cup, she was surprisingly unfazed by all this. Maybe crazy stuff happening was just normal at these kinds of tournaments if you were participating?

iU8EggM.png

Fortune Cup, Round 1 - Hanae Hanazawa vs Ayame Iwaki

BGM

As the two duelists were faced across from each other, Hanae’s face had a smirk across it as she said, “my my my, I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages, Iwaki-senpai.” As she said the last part of her greeting her eyes went into a glare as she taunted, “you saw what I did to that beast earlier right? So if you still want to back out, now’s your last chance.”

“Sorry to say, but I don’t quit that easily. I’m here to go pro, and that’s exactly what I’ll be doing today once I beat everyone in this tournament. Starting with you, apparently.”

“Oh? Isn’t that a coincidence, since the same applies to me.” Readying herself to start the duel she said, “this time, I’ll be the one to come out on top. But don’t worry, I’ll make it painless.”

Ayame reached into her jacket, pulling forth the Action Field card provided to her by the tournament managers. Holding it up, she declared “Activate Action Field: Black Cloud Peak!” The Action Field around the duelists began to form, replacing their vision of the cheering crowds around them with a dark red sky. Beneath their feet, the ground changed and darkened, taking on the form of a black stone mountaintop, with rumbling black clouds lingering just below the largely-flat arena reserved for the duelists. One similar cloud existed directly above the mountaintop itself, being the only one to be above the mountaintop rather than below. “Just between you and me, I’m not too crazy about this Action Field.”

“Really, I think it’s perfect for us. But don’t worry, it wouldn’t matter which field we’re on anyway.” With that, the girl lit up her duel disk, taking the first five cards off the top of her deck. “I’ll go first. First, I play one monster face-down, and set two cards. Your go.”

Hanae: 8000 LP, 2 Cards in hand
Ayame: 8000 LP, 5 Cards in hand

“My turn! Draw!” Without a moment’s hesitation, Ayame started “I’ll start by summoning Cyber Dragon Core from my hand.” As the small serpentine machine appeared before Ayame, she shrugged, adding “His stats aren’t really that impressive, but he does let me add a “Cyber” Spell or Trap card from the Deck to my hand, and I choose Cyber Repair Plant.” Adding the card to her hand before pulling a different card up from the six she had, Ayame said “And now I activate the Spell Card Polymerization. By fusing Cyber Dragon Core - whose name is treated as Cyber Dragon on the field - with the Cyber Dragon in my hand, I’ll summon Cyber Twin Dragon in Attack Position!”

Cyber Twin Dragon: Level 8 / DARK / Machine/Fusion/Effect / 2800/2100

“Battle Phase! Cyber Twin Dragon can attack twice each turn, so I’ll use the first one on that facedown monster.” Obliging with its duelist’s command, the right head of the two-headed robot dragon reared back, before spewing forth a stream of light blue flames.

As the flame hit the face down card, it revealed itself to be a green plant like creature with writhing maws for branches. As the blaze struck it Hanae said, “when Squid Drosera is sent from the field to the grave, each of my opponent’s monsters get a predator counter placed on them.” Exploding in fire, the creature shot out a seed that covered the twin headed dragon in a barely hindering wrap of vines.

“And it becomes Level 1 as long as it has the counter,” Ayame acknowledged, watching the Level of her Cyber Twin Dragon plummet from eight to a measly one. “Next order of business, I’ll use Cyber Twin Dragon’s second attack to go straight for your Life Points.” Just as the right head had done just moments ago, the left head of Ayame’s dragon reared back, spewing forth a blast of blue fire.

Hanae LP: 8000 ---->5200

“Next, I’ll set two cards facedown and end my turn.”

Hanae: 5200 LP, 2 Cards in Hand
Ayame: 8000 LP, 2 Cards in Hand

• 2 weeks later...

To say that Kuria was relieved to see Blues alright was an understatement. The fact that he felt like an idiot for rushing out as he did, he easily pushed to the back of his head while hoping to all that is holy that he wasn't made to pay for repairing the mini-crater his landing made on to way to Blues.

Upon the declaration of the match being invalid, Kuria was a bit surprised, both of his eyes widening as he took a step back away from the Kaiba Corp CEO. When he heard the reason, however, Kuria began to make careful movements towards the Mokuba bastard...moves that were rendered null and void by the sudden smoke bomb that even he couldn't see through with the mechanical eye.

Even while busy working as a trucker in this area, one still would be wise to keep up with the news, so he had heard about the death, but admittedly not much of it. The channels he normally watched and listened to were strangely afraid to talk about it. Even with that in mind, Kuria rushed up behind Blues, braced to get stopped by Security somehow, before saying. "It sucks that your father had to go the way he did, but it looks like you may soon have the chance to get the one that did it behind bars for a long time."

To kill for one's own gain...that is the most sickening thing a person can do, does not matter the gain in question, Blues would hear in his head after hearing a momentary melodic hum that morphed into those words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"To be honest, I don't know what the trials entails." Miero couldn't help but gulp at hearing this, the lack of information disturbing to him. "From what I can tell, each trial is different for each card... each card has its own way of testing their owner's worthiness. Some may duel you to gauge your strength or style, or some might be something like facing your fears."

He wouldn't be surprised if he was made to duel during the trials if only to get him over his absolute refusal to do so. And even with the attempt to learn how to use his deck, he still upheld that since he lost his old Harpie deck.

"Sadly, I can't tell, nor can I directly tap into cards to discover this, as their magic is far beyond my own... but there is a place we can go to..." He stood up, putting his hands behind his back. "Get some rest. Tomorrow, we head for the city of Atlantis."

"Wait, what?!"

You have not misheard.

Atlantis is true, though attempts have been made to hide the place from the masses.

Miero was almost in a half-daze as he walked towards the room he was to rest in, his mind shut down still over the concept of the mythical Atlantis being a real place. It wasn't until he was led to the room and laying down when he came back to himself and moved to sit at the edge of the bed.

"...what am I doing," he asked himself as he looked around at the lavish room he was in. "What am I doing in a place as nice as this while Malin's probably languishing in a cell somewhere, starving and abused, waiting to be sacrificed..." As he said that, the Eraser's words echoed in his head, causing him to twist his hands around the golden base of the staff he held.

When humans are normally sacrificed to us, they beg, they plead, they cry for their lives. Not your boy though, he was fully confident that you would save his life. The thought amused me so much, I allowed him to live… to see if you would come.

Now that you’re here though… I can make your boy suffer.

I know you must be thinking that I’m going to kill your precious child… but no. That would be a waste.

No. I will kill you in front of him. And then, as you die, you can die with the knowledge that your boy’s then broken spirit will become the perfect vessel. He will become my host and I will use his body to rain destruction on the world that wronged us so much!

He didn't know when he moved or when he swung his staff, but as he came back to the present, he found himself looking at one big hole where the staff had connected with the wall while holding it with both hands.

The staff was fine, and none of the emeralds seemed even chipped or scratched.

"Oh, sheet," he swore to himself, hoping that no one would come to the room after hearing the likely bang from that impact. "I...I need to calm down...Rage will only lead to an outcome that bastard wants..."

Steeling his nerve and trying to surpress the feeling that he was currently better off than his son right now, he looked around for a change of clothes to sleep in and thankfully found some his size before changing into them and folding up his original clothes beside his pillow. Staff leaning against a piece of wall beside the bed, Miero forced himself to lay down and try to sleep, even though he felt too guilty to let himself be treated good while he felt that his son was likely treated like sheet.

"Papa's coming, Malin. Just hang on..."

He eventually fell asleep having no idea that Malin Tammabukku was doing a lot better than he was doing for the time being...

Tycho frowned. "Working for the Wicked Gods? Probably. But this tournament is throwing everything I thought before into disarray... We could be wrong about that as well. Though if what Blues said is true, and he DID murder the previous Kaiba..." 

Tycho's eyes focused on the television screen, on Blues' face. Perhaps he was only imagining it, but he thought he saw something in the boys' eyes. Something similar to what he himself often bore in his expression.

"I'm going to meet him," he declared, standing, the nurses not doing anything to stop him, now that his wound was properly taken care of. Some of them looked like they wanted to tell him to get some more rest, but saw his large, intimidating frame and thought better of it. "I have to make sure we're square," he went on, striding from the room.

"The only square around here is him." A nearby curtain hiding one of the beds was pulled aside, the dirt-smudged face of Hibiki poking out, sneering at Yugo. "What's up, Toy-Boy? Heard you saying dueling me might be FUN? It will be, but not for you." He was still looking like he had been at the heart of an explosion, clothes torn, hair still slightly askew. But the predatory gleam in his eyes had not lessened, not one bit.

- - - - - -

As Kuria and Blues exited the arena, Tycho fell in line with them, flanking Blues on the side Kuria didn't already occupy.

"I saw what happened out there," he said, not looking at Blues, but placing a hand on his shoulder nonetheless. "You faced down that beast without flinching, fighting for what you think is right..." He sighed wearily. "I think I was wrong to judge you as quickly as I did. To allow this task to overwhelm me. You are stronger than I, Blues Kaiba. If it had been my father he had killed I would have been consumed with rage... You've seen it, I'm sure," he admitted, smiling sadly. "The fury I embody for my home. It's what I stand for but... It's perhaps a bit too intense."

"But I would like to have it behind you, if you'll accept me. Perhaps your level head will focus it. And we can help each other."

• 2 weeks later...

"Working for the Wicked Gods? Probably. But this tournament is throwing everything I thought before into disarray... We could be wrong about that as well. Though if what Blues said is true, and he DID murder the previous Kaiba..." Yugo nodded and folded his arms. 

"Yeah. Looks like he had more of a personal stake in this than I first thought," Yugo commented before Tycho spoke up again.

"I'm going to meet him," he declared, standing, the nurses not doing anything to stop him, now that his wound was properly taken care of.  "I have to make sure we're square," he went on, striding from the room. Before Yugo could follow him, the banana haired boy heard a voice calling out to him.

"The only square around here is him." A nearby curtain hiding one of the beds was pulled aside dramatically, the dirt-smudged face of Hibiki poking out, sneering at Yugo. "What's up, Toy-Boy? Heard you saying dueling me might be FUN? It will be, but not for you." Yugo stared for a few seconds, processing what was going on before he finally spoke.

"Who are you again?" He paused the entire staff of nurses fell over in shock. "Actually, a better question, where you there the whole time? You know, I think there's something more important. Are you... hitting on me...? And if that's the case, I have to ask, who are you again?"

Blues watched as Mokuba ran away, scoffing to himself. "He even named himself after Seto's little brother... he's taunting me...," He clenched his fist, still not moving from his spot. He wanted to go chase the murderer... but he knew it would likely lead him into yet another trap. He headed back to the competitor's section, coat and scarf again waving in the wind. He was then approached by Kuria, looking over to him.

"It sucks that your father had to go the way he did, but it looks like you may soon have the chance to get the one that did it behind bars for a long time." The cyborg man stated. Blues nodded. 

"I hope so. Thanks for being concerned," He commented.

To kill for one's own gain...that is the most sickening thing a person can do, does not matter the gain in question, Blues heard in his head. That wasn't one of his thoughts... he knew it was a duel monster, but who's was it? He looked around... it wasn't the first time he heard a duel monster's voice, but he hadn't heard this one before. Was it one of Kuria's? Before he could question it however, Tycho came over.

"I saw what happened out there," he said, not looking at Blues, but placing a hand on his shoulder nonetheless. "You faced down that beast without flinching, fighting for what you think is right..." He sighed wearily. "I think I was wrong to judge you as quickly as I did. To allow this task to overwhelm me. You are stronger than I, Blues Kaiba. If it had been my father he had killed I would have been consumed with rage... You've seen it, I'm sure," he admitted, smiling sadly. "The fury I embody for my home. It's what I stand for but... It's perhaps a bit too intense. But I would like to have it behind you, if you'll accept me. Perhaps your level head will focus it. And we can help each other." Blues looked up to the massive man, before a small smile crossed his face. 

"I'm glad you've finally decided to join us," He said before he held out his hand, offering a handshake. "Let's save the world together, shall we?" Whether or not Tycho shook his hand, Blues would head back to the room. "We have another lead now. He didn't have a Wicked God, but he was more than likely the one that stole them in the first place. We'll wait for the guards to report where he disappears at, and we'll search the area for him," 

He opened the door, seeing Furiko in the room. "You're up soon, aren't you?" He asked. He had to make sure he didn't make her miss her match.

"Y'all're really on my last nerve," Aika activated a spell, aiming at the summoner of her opponent's monster. The girl was struck, and with a cry of pain, she fell to her knees, smoke coming off of her. The Hydrogeddon looked back to their owner, who stood up slowly after the spell. 

"It seems you'll have to be taken care of...," She stated as he grabbed a card, and beside her appeared an Oxygeddon. "Hmph... you're not the only one who can use the storms...," She stated before the two dinosaurs charged at Aika. However, the Hydrogeddon was ran over by Kyouji's bike. 

"Come on, Aika. We should get moving! This small area isn't the best for lightning strikes. Might hit someone you don't want to," Kyouji said as he revved his engine.

oXNSzB8.png

The sun was rising as the group was woken up. Today was the day that they would go to Atlantis, the legendary city that sank so many years ago. Outside the city of Endymion was the Dragon Ship Fandora, with the crew finishing getting ready for take off. Dread Knight, Phantom Falcon and Wade was already by the ship, waiting for the group to show up. When they got close, Wade suddenly rushed up to the group, a crazy look in his already crazy eyes.

"DON'T TALK LOUDLY AND DON'T TAKE ANOTHER STEP!" He shouted at the top of his lung as he rushed at them at full speed. He then screeched to a stop in front of them, falling to his knees. "What do we have here...?" He asked as he stared at a track. "This track... looks like a wheel... but only one...," He studied it quietly, muttering to himself. He wouldn't respond to anyone talking to him or poking him, so they could move along to the ship. 

Standing on the ground was Buster Blader and Silent Swordsman, talking to a giant wolf with a katana and a porcupine also wielding a blade

"That's th' group we be transportin', Buster Blader-kun?" the large wolf asked, looking over the group.

"Aye, that'd be them," Buster Blader stated, sounding similar to the pirates, causing Silent Swordsman to blink and look at the porcupine, who just shrugged in response. "You ready to go?" He asked the group of humans, reverting back to his normal voice.

So, for those in the Spirit World, feel free to respond and hit me up to collab with your post. You can tour around the boat, but we're taking off next post. Have fun!

3CRqVF7.png

"It seems you'll have to be taken care of..."

Somehow, the other psychic was just fine. Aika wasn't sure how to feel about that. On the one hand, she was pleased that the girl wasn't dead; Aika didn't want somebody's death on her conscience, even if she didn't particularly like the person in question. On the other hand, it meant that this girl was at least a cut above most other psychics Aika had met. The real question was, would this stranger's power be comparable to Aika's?

"Hmph... you're not the only one who can use the storms..."

Her general thematic was, anyway.

"Come on, Aika. We should get moving! This small area isn't the best for lightning strikes. Might hit someone you don't want to."

Aika looked warily at the D-Wheel Kyouji had pulled up in. She never liked those things. But he was right; this wasn't the best place to fight. Reluctantly, Aika climbed aboard the D-Wheel, fastening herself and saying "Get us outta city limits as quick as y'can. Less damage I cause the better."

Fortune Cup, Round 1 - Hanae Hanazawa vs Ayame Iwaki

Despite taking the full of the flames, Hanae seemed none too fazed as she said, “Draw!” Looking at the card in her hand she said, “now it’s time to put that counter to use. First, I activate my trap card, Predator Planet. By itself, it does nothing. However, with my next card it will.” 

Pulling one card from her hand and play it in her monster zone she said, “when an opponent’s monster has 1 or more predator counters on them, I can tribute them to special summon Drosophyllum Hydra from my hand.” As she said this, more vines started to erupt from the ground as a large plant like maw threatened to swallow the dragon whole. “And of course, the only one on the field right now is Cyber Twin Dragon.” 

“So it is.”

With that, the maw fully closed on the dragon, destroying it and bringing out the plant hydra in its wake. “Next, whenever a monster with a  predator counter leaves the field, because of Predator Planet I can add one Predator card from my deck to my hand. And so, I choose Predator Plant Sarraceniant. Next, with my normal summon still up, I’ll bring out the Sarraceniant that I just added.” 

As she played the card, a small green ant like creature with fleshy looking plant stalks coming out of its back appeared. “Now, let me respond with a fusion of my own. I activate the spell card, Fusion Substitute, letting me fuse the two monsters on my field. Plant of stalking doom, and plant of vile grasping, create a beast of vile creation and feast upon your prey. Fusion Summon! Devour, Predator Plant, Chimera Rafflessia!” As the fusion finished a much more sinister plant had taken their place, two limb like maws to its side with a giant rafflessia atop it. 

“Next, whenever Saraceniant is sent from the field to the graveyard, I can add one Predator card from my deck to my hand, and I choose Predator Planter. But now, all the groundwork is out of the way. Chimera Rafflessia attack her directly.” On the command of its master, the giant plant shot out one of its maws to chomp down on Ayame. 

Ayame: 8000 -> 5500

Ayame was pushed back by the incoming maw of the plant, but otherwise seemed unfazed. A quick glance behind her, meanwhile, seemed to faze her a lot more. Her back foot was right near the edge of the mountaintop, barely avoiding a steep slide down. “Q-Quite a view,” she nervously chuckled, very promptly and briskly moving away from the edge of the field, fiddling with the fit of her jacket with the hand not occupied by a Duel Disk. “Any other neat tricks up your sleeve this turn?”

“The ball is in your court now.” She gave a mock bow, signaling the end of her turn. 

Hanae: 5200 LP, 2 Cards
Ayame: 5500 LP, 2 Cards 

Firmly exhaling, Ayame straightened up her posture and nodded. “Right. My turn! Draw! First order of business this turn, I activate Cyber Repair Plant and add Galaxy Soldier from my Deck to my hand! Next, I…” Ayame briefly glanced behind her, before snapping her attention back to the duel. “While you control a monster and I don’t, I can Special Summon Cyber Dragon from my hand. Next, I activate the effect of Galaxy Soldier in my hand, discarding Cyber Dragon Core to Special Summon it and add another copy of Galaxy Soldier from my Deck to my hand. And then, using Cyber Dragon and Galaxy Soldier as materials, I’ll set up the Overlay Network!” As the starry sphere appeared before Ayame, she glanced at the ground behind Hanae’s feet. She was also close to the edge of the mountaintop. “You’re sure you’re comfortable that close to the edge?”

The girl raised an eyebrow, a bit confused, as she said, “are you taunting me? If you mean the edge of my seat, then I already know where you’re going with this.” 

“No, I...nevermind. Overlay Network, let’s do this. Xyz Summon! Rank Five, engage, Cyber Dragon Nova!” From the Overlay Network constructed before her, a winged dragon-like machine emerged with a metallic roar. “But let’s go even further! Once per turn, by using Cyber Dragon Nova and its Xyz Materials as the materials, I can Xyz Summon an even bigger monster. Let’s go for a Rank-Up! Rank 6! The ultimate in cybernetics! Activate, Cyber Dragon Infinity!” The winged dragon-machine before Ayame briefly became obscured by an almost-sphere made up of red hexagons, before the shape shattered to reveal a larger, more refined version.

Cyber Dragon Infinity: Rank 6 / LIGHT / Machine/Xyz/Effect / 2700/1600

“And now to activate Infinity’s effect. Once per turn, I can take an Attack Position monster you control and attach it to my monster as an Xyz Material. I choose Predaplant Chimera Rafflesia. Go, System Hijack!” With a mechanical screech, the mechanized dragon fired out a chain of wires from the tips of its wings, bound for Hanae’s monster.

Hanae could only grimace and let out a, “tsk,” as this happened. She knew Ayame was going to play this card eventually and knew that it would be one of the more troublesome things to beat but for now, she couldn’t respond to it. 

Cyber Dragon Infinity: 2700 -> 2900

“Now then, Battle Phase! There’s not really much other option here, so I’ll be attacking directly with Cyber Dragon Infinity. Go, Infinity Evolution Burst!” At its master’s command, Ayame’s monster began emitting a glow from its wings, before the glow gathered near its open mouth and fired forth as a bright white laser.

Hanae LP: 5200 ---> 2300

As the blast struck Hanae again, she continued to stand her ground, taking it head on. This of course caused her to be pushed back by the force of it, but she stayed her ground...until there was no more ground beneath her feet. With a sudden, “aaah!” of realization as to what was happening, Hanae just managed to catch the edge of the mountain’s plateau with one of her hands. Dangling there for a bit, she managed to get her other hand on the edge, though was struggling to pull herself up.

7e8xcYT.png

Furiko had been watching the duel on the TV, seeing that there seemed to be a bit of bad blood between the two as they continued to bring out fusion monster after fusion monster. Her attention was taken away, however, as Blues had showed back up in the room. As he asked about her duel, she said, "yeah, it is. I suppose they're far enough in their duel now that I should get going." Looking at the coorperate CEO, she said, "also, how're you? That duel was certainly...something. But more than that, what are we going to do about Ao no?"

-The Moonlit Magician-

~Citadel of Endymion~

"DON'T TALK LOUDLY AND DON'T TAKE ANOTHER STEP! What do we have here...? This track... looks like a wheel... but only one...,"

Needless to say Daichi and Haruto were both quite...weary of Wade at the moment, and found it best not to deal with him right now. It was obvious the guy was crazy, not to the point of insane, but crazy.

"So what is this exactly, Haruto?"

"Based on knowledge I have...mind you this is not too much..." Haruto began. "These are the pirates known in this world as the Skyfang Brigade. However, I feel that you would know them in your world as...Fur-Hire."

Daichi caught himself as he started to bust into a laughing fit, before clearing his throat and shaking his head. "...odd name for them, I suppose, but still..."

"What humans do is what they do...we have no say in the affairs of what they decide to do."

"You ready to go?"

The Entertainment Duelist nodded, giving a smile to Buster Blader. "Ready as I'll ever be." he said, before turning to face the wolf and porcupine, the obvious members of the Skyfang Br-...er...Fur-Hire. "Permission to board your vessel?" Daichi smiled before rubbing the back of his head nervously. "Sorry...just always wanted to say that."

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Exeperiment-

~Fortune Cup~

The next Duel begins...and Jet is currently watching said Duel while Akihiro trying not to have much of a heartattack, nothing much of interest is happening.

That is all...

Helena woke up with a loud yawn, she couldn't explain why she just passed out when she fell into the bed last night. Either the bed was just that comfortable or she was just more exhausted (mentally and physically) than she thought. Today was the day that they were leaving the citadel, to head off towards Atlantis for some weird trial, something about the blank cards, she didn't know. Everything seemed blank to her at the moment.

Heading down with the others, she saw Buster Blader and Silent Swordsman beside the same ship she saw when riding on Black Rose Dragon. The two warriors were accompanied by what she was told were the Skyfang Brigade, or what she heard from Gagaga Magician and Daichi, the Fur-Hire. It may seem stupid to call them that, but it honestly sounded cute to her.

Helena didn't say a word when Buster Blader asked if everyone was ready, she just nodded and went back to her thoughts. Shiren was equally quiet, choosing to just stay by Helena's side for the majority of the time.

Ayame’s reaction to Hanae's slip and fall was to audibly exclaim something filtered out for the viewers at home, dashing to where Hanae was dangling though notably slowing down as she approached the edge of the mountaintop. She could have probably gotten closer to Hanae to help her up, but she was still within arm’s reach, even if she had to stretch a bit to reach the younger duelist. “Take my hand,” she exclaimed.

As Hanae had been struggling to get herself up, she looked up as she heard her opponent offer her hand to aid her up. As she saw Ayame, standing far above her and reaching down, Hanae couldn’t help but go wide eyed at the sight. There she was, always being looked down upon. As if she wasn’t able to do something herself. As if she needed others to prove herself. Gritting her teeth in frustration she looked down as she spat out, “get away. I can get up myself!” The girl but a far more visible effort into starting to hoist herself up. And through the grunts she did start to make more progress, yet it was slow and the grip she had wasn’t exactly the best.

“For crying out…” Ayame turned her head to face her monster, before nodding subtly down to where Hanae was struggling her way up. With a nod of its own, the cyber dragon turned and flew off the cliff opposite the girls, curving around the mountain and nudging Hanae up from beneath to give her that little push back up to the top, before returning to its original position. “Get up. You okay?”

Feeling the giant dragon beneath her shove her back onto the mountain top, Hanae couldn’t help let out a small, “aah,” before tumbling onto its surface. Looking only to the ground she said, “I’m fine.” Picking up her cards, the girl slowly but steadily got back up on her feet. Still not facing her opponent she just asked, “is that your turn?”

“Almost.” Ayame’s next move was to grip her opponent by the shoulders, pulling her a few steps away from the cliff before turning her around to see her face-to-face. “Now then…” Ayame slowly leaned her head back, before suddenly and harshly sending it forward, slamming into Hanae’s head almost audibly.
Ayame’s forehead’s LP: 8000 -> 5500
Hanae’s forehead’s LP: 8000 -> 200

“Don’t scare me like that!” the older duelist scolded. “Even if we’re dueling at the Fortune Cup, I’m still your senior and it’s still my job to watch your back! Do you have any idea how tall this mountain is!? If you fell they’d have to deactivate the Action Field just so you wouldn’t die! Think a little before you do some crazy stunt like standing at a cliff during a duel!” Pointing roughly at the center of the mountaintop, Ayame said “Now get over there where it’s safer so I can end my turn!”

Clutching her, likely bruised, forehead Hanae could only just stand there in a bit of pain as Ayame had lectured her. She was right. She had been stubborn and almost disqualified from the tournament in general. And for what? Muttering a small, “sorry,” the girl had walked over to the center of the mountain top. She stood there for a moment, needing to collect herself after what had just happened.

She was still here, she still needed to duel, and she needed to get to the top. For that, she had needed Ayame’s help, just like she had back at Taccon. And she was going to get that help here. Casting her hat aside, she turned to her opponent, a look of renewed vigor on her face as she pointed to her opponent. “Alright Iwaki-senpai, you get away from that cliff so I can show you just what I’m made of.” As a small addendum she added, “for real this time.”

“Don’t have to tell me twice,” Ayame replied, stepping away from the cliff, and seeming pretty glad to. “I end my turn.”

“My turn, draw!” As she looked at her next card she simply exclaimed, “it’s here.” Looking to her opponent she said, “but first, I’m going to need to take that dragon of yours. And so, I activate my face-down, Predator-Blast. I can reveal any number of Predator Plant cards in my hand and then target an equal number of monsters on your field to give predator counters.” Showing the only one in her hand, she revealed it to be Sundew Kingii. “And I’m sure you know what that means.”

“All too well. But if only life were so simple. I activate the other effect of Cyber Dragon Infinity! By detaching an Xyz Material from it, I’ll negate your Predator-Blast and destroy it. You can have your Rafflesia back.” As the black sphere floating around Cyber Dragon Infinity shattered, so too did the Solid Vision hologram of Hanae’s spell card.

Cyber Dragon Infinity: 2900 -> 2700

A smirk across her face, Hanae said, “but it is that simple. I summon Predator Plant Sundew Kingii.” As she did, the small frilled plant lizard appeared to her field. “And it can do more than just use Predator Counters to fuse with. Next, I activate Predator Planter from my hand, which lets me summon one level 4 or lower Predator Plant monster in my graveyard. And I choose, Predator Plant Saracceniant.” The plant ant appeared on the field once more. “Of course, it’s effect is negated, but that doesn’t matter. I use the effect of Sundew Kingii to fuse together it and Saracceniant together.”

As the lizard devoured the ant, the two started to merge together in a swirl of light. “Devouring king and undaunted worker, merge forces into a true predator. Fusion Summon! Appear, Starve Venom Fusion Dragon.” Out from the twin orbs of dark light, burst forth the purple dragon, decorated in maws across its body.

Starve Venom Fusion Dragon, Level 8, DARK, 2800 ATK/2000 DEF

“Next, Saracceniant and Starve Venom’s effects activate. Because Saracceniant was sent to the graveyard, I can add Predator Graft to my hand. Next Starve Venom’s effect activates, letting me add the attack points of one monster you control to its.” With a roar, a red pixel-like light appeared around Starve Venom. 

Starve Venom Fusion Dragon: 2800--->5500

“But we’re still not done here. Using Predator Graft, I can special summon the Chimera Raflessia I was so graciously given back.” As she played the spell, the carnivorous plant erupted from the ground, roaring at the dragon. “Anything to say?”

“...mistakes were made,” Ayame reluctantly muttered.

Her grin turning into a full smile Hanae said, “alright then, let’s wrap this show up. Predator Plant Chimera Rafflessia attacks Cyber Dragon Infinity. At this point it’s effect activates, letting me reduce your monster’s attack by 1000 and increasing mine by the same.” 

Chimera Rafflessia: 2500 ----> 3500
Cyber Dragon Infinity: 2700 ----> 1700

With that, the plant let loose its spores from the top of its flower, causing an aura to coat both Rafflessia and Cyber Dragon Infinity. As the maws closed down on the dragon, it simply broke apart, causing a shock to happen to its owner.

Ayame’s LP: 5500 ----> 3700

“Better make sure you aren’t standing too close to the edge, Iwaki-senpai. Now, Starve Venom attack her directly. Violet Poison Burst!” With purple lightning crackling all across its body, the dragon started to gather it at its mouth before firing one last blast towards her opponent. 

Ayame’s LP: 3700 ----> 0

The attack pushed Ayame back along the mountaintop, her feet stopping just at the edge. Ayame looked panickedly beneath her, to see she was still grounded. A sigh of relief escaped her lips, but just instants afterward, the the ground beneath one of her feet chipped and fell beneath her, throwing off her balance and sending her downward. With a legitimate scream, Ayame quickly clutched the edge as if her life depended on it. “Help me!” she cried out.

With a startled look on her face, Hanae shouted, “Iwaki-senpai!” Rushing towards her, as the monsters started to fade away from the duel ending, Hanae stopped right near her. Bending down, stretching her hand out, with a smile on her face she said, “need help?”

Ayame, in turn, desperately grabbed Hanae’s hand, pulling herself up to the smooth mountaintop as the Action Field dispersed after the cleanup of the monsters. For a short moment, she stayed on her hands and knees breathing quick, deep breaths. Four or five breaths in, her head snapped up to face Hanae, tears in her eyes and pupils dialated. “Don’t! Scare me like that! Ever!”

Patting her senior’s head, she said, “sorry, sorry. Will keep it in mind for our rematch.” Standing back upright, the girl extended her hand out again, this time to shake saying, “but for now, good match Ayame.” 

“Good match,” Ayame lowly responded, getting up and shaking Hanae’s hand. How am I going to explain this when I get home?

Tycho solemnly took Blues' hand, shaking it with a strong grip before they strode into the meeting room. Tycho nodded to all assembled.

"I've decided I will stand with you." He clamped his arms to his side, bowing swiftly, face towards the ground. "I'm... sorry I was so hasty," he apologized, somber. "What we face... it's a little worrying. I overreacted."

He stood up straight, looking back over to Blues. "Yes, he probably isn't holding a God himself... he seemed far too enamored with the power of the Blue-Eyes. Though I can hardly blame him. That beast he summoned might actually be stronger."

"What are we going to do if we have to face it again, Kaiba? If YOU have to face it again? It's practically unbeatable. I don't have any card in my deck capable of defeating it."

Blue wished Furiko luck, Tycho nodding to her as well. "Fight well," he said, clapping her on the shoulder, his large hand doing quite a number on the much smaller girl.

- - - - -

Hibiki's face abandoned his sneer, and instead now bore an expression of extreme anger. "Who am I? I'm your opponent in the next round, you fruit-headed idiot. I saw you, up in the Duel King's booth during my match. Weren't you WATCHING? I shook the goddamn STADIUM. I'm HISAKAWA HIBIKI."

He was breathing hard now, seething at this point. "If you don't know who I am you'll find out for sure when I leave you in my dust, Toy-Boy."

Archived