Yugioh: Forsaken Legends [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

King K. Azo

Everything was a whirlwind of sound and confusion as Tycho tumbled through the air. He flailed as he fell, bellowing in fear and surprise at the chaos he had found. He tried to right himself, trying to halt his spin and see what was going on, see if there was anything, anything at all to grab on to. Had Helena been sent here as well?! Had she fallen to the earth?

"I've got you, human." Tycho let out a surprised gasp as a pair of giant claws closed around him, ending his fall as the Stardust Dragon soared through the sky, ferrying Tycho up through the air. He looked up at the dragon, eyes widening in fear and confusion. A dragon?! But how was it carrying him? Was it Solid Vision? There was nothing, nothing up here in the sky that could produce that...

He heard another voice suddenly, and for the first time really looked at something other than the dragon he was with. Multiple dragons soared through the sky, blasting at each other with beams of colored light, explosions ringing across the clouds. He was breathing raggedly now, panic mounting in him. How was this possible?!

He finally found the source of the voice, eyes widening in recognition. "Aika!" he yelled, his deparation and fear evident in his wide eyes."Help me!" He struggled in the grip of the mighty dragon, trying to get free and... he didn't know what. Fall? CLimb on top? He just wanted to get out of the dragon's claws, nothing else was present in his mind.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oR7NKgI.png?1

After yelling down to the hermit man, Hanae had gotten her answer in what it was that the man had found. The three clues all with a different kind of riddle to them. The recently disturbed books that were around. It was clear that they were likely connected somehow, and so the girl had gone off to look towards the books in question. There, she found that four of them were indeed less dusty then the rest of the books, and each had their own number associated with them. As she thought about the numbers, she thought back to the clues that she found and the conclusion that Eizar had thought of. Looking at the books she then began to recite the clues to herself. "First comes the dragon of ice." She pulled out the book labeled with the six on it. "If you can't figure this out..." She then pulled on the book labeled with the 8. "Third comes the dragon.." She pulled out the 10. "Fourth comes the tiny magician..." Finally she pulled out the book with the 1 on it. With that, she just waited to see what would happen afterward. 

Yugo was quiet on the drive home. Almost worryingly so, since on top of this he was driving at a sane way, not trying to race anyone or even pass a person. Even when Kyouji and Furiko joined up with them, he remained quiet. Kyouji sighed as he saw the look on Yugo’s face. He’d seen that before… it was best to let him mope.

The drive back was quiet, until they returned to Domino, to which Kyouji looked over at Yugo.

“Hey, we’re not heading back to Kaiba Corp just yet. Follow me,” With that, he turned down the street. A few minutes later, they stopped in front of a card shop, the very same one that Team Domino found themselves in. Opening the door, he looked and smiled. “Hey Henry! What’s up?” He asked as he held the door open for the women. Yugo went into a corner, looking at the cards and sulking a bit more.

”Oh, hello Kyouji. Not much, taking care of customers,” He stated.

“Making them pay? That’s cold, man,” The duel king with a chuckle. Henry then turned to look at Lyall.

“You’ll have to forgive me, I know nothing extra,” He stated. The room was quiet for a few seconds, which would allow them to converse a bit… but then the door was kicked opened, and a person that looked very much like a hitman walked in slowly. He looked around, and his eyes narrowed on Henry.

“Oh, there you are, Falcon. We need to talk,” He stated.

“Falcon?” Henry stated. “I’m not him, that’s my---,” Wade rolled his eyes, and in a flash, was right behind Henry.

“Oh, come on, the host isn’t Arthur Conan Doyle, it’s obvious you’re Falcon… except maybe to Chaos,” Wade muttered before wrapping his muscular arms around Henry’s chest, slowly and carefully grabbing a handful of his shirt… before ripping it to shreds, revealing Phantom Falcon’s uniform underneath it. Henry sighed and reached under the counter, grabbing the helmet and slipping it on.

“What is it, Wade?” Falcon sighed.

“So… we may or may not have trouble, and it may be double,” Wade stated as he walked to the front of the counter. “Something something something Academia, something something fought off a bunch of Heroes, yada yada, I may have helped your enemies get the Sacred Beasts that were buried deep in school,” He paused and stroked his chin. “So now you have two powerful sets of god-like monsters, which are working together, that you have to beat or the world will be destroyed. Oh, and the giant floating head says hello,”

Falcon stared at Wade before his fist suddenly lashed out and socked the hitman across the jaw. “I can’t believe you…,” He sighed and tapped on his helmet. “We’ll need to contact Blues,”

Stardust grunted as it tried to keep Tycho in its grip. “Please, stop struggling. I might drop yo---,” Before Stardust could finish its sentence, Tycho had slipped out of the dragon’s grip and began to fall to the earth. Stardust quickly dove, getting under Tycho and catching him. “You humans are crazy,” He stated as he began to fly towards the Citadel. “Don’t worry. We’ll get Dark Magician to send you two home,”

Meanwhile, Gaia’s horse was proving to be very swift, as it had arrived at the gates in the Citadel in less than thirty minutes. The gates opened as they approached, and the knight rode in with his passengers.

Inside the gates, Helena could see that the Citadel was a lively town, with small children playing in the streets, homes and shops lined across the road, and towers filled with magical energies surrounding the area. Nearly everyone was dressed in spellcaster robes, making the group stand out like a sore thumb.

Meanwhile, Stardust had swooped in before the gates closed, landing behind Gaia.

”Oh, hey, Starry,” Gaia said as he looked up at the signer dragon, quickly seeing the passengers on his back. “Wow, what’s going on, a human bargain sale?” Stardust shrugged as he lowered himself to the ground, to allow Tycho and Aika to slide off his back.

“We need to see Maho,” Stardust stated.

“Right, right,” Gaia said as he slipped off his horse’s back, taking Helena’s hand and helping her down. He then slapped his horse’s back. “Go get rest, you deserve it,” The horse neighed and galloped off. “Come on, let’s go see Dark Magician,” Gaia said as he began to walk to the giant tower in the center of the town.

As they walked, the humans would notice anyone they pass would stop and stare a bit. They stood out, and they were interesting to these people. Meanwhile, Buster Whelp flapped its wings, getting off Gaia’s helmet and flying over to Aika, sniffing her face. He seemed curious.

As soon as Hanae moved the last book, a rumbled came from the basement. If Miero turned his flashlight in the direction of the noise, he would see that a wall was opening, leading to a passageway. It seemed to have worked. Blues shook his head.

”I wonder what the hell Seto was thinking when he made this place,” Blues muttered as he began to head into the passageway.

If the others followed, they would find themselves going down a spiraling hallway, one that was going deeper and deeper into the earth. It was a decent way down, taking a good ten minutes to even get to the bottom.

At the bottom however… they would see a horrible sight. There was a giant room, one big enough that a blimp could land inside, dimly lit with torches that hung on the walls. All around the perimeter, there were jail cells. Most were empty, but quite a few contained people about fifteen in total, one in fact being---

“Naomi!” Lee called out, running to a cell. He could see his little sister, knocked out, but otherwise okay. The same could not be said for the others. They looked malnourished, and afraid. It wasn’t hard to imagine why. In the center of the room was an altar, with an idol of a large serpent spiralling around it, as if to squeeze it to bits. A giant with wings stood behind the altar, and floating above it was a large sphere. If they were to inspect the altar, they would see demonic magic circles and dried up blood.

It gave everyone an uneasy feeling.

“Everyone, open a cage, and get these people out of here,” Blues stated as he walked to a cell to do just that. They would find the cells would easily open, but if they would attempt to push the doors from inside the cells, it wouldn’t budge. Magic, perhaps?

-Domino City-

After the cards he got were paid for, Daichi turned and moved over towards one of the tables and began to add the cards into the deck, the entire time thinking about Glaeris and the things that took place....only for a short moment, mind you. Which is about when Lyall spoke:

"That's her. One of you should go and talk to her while I finish talking with Falcon's brother here."

"Not it..." Daichi quickly said, chuckling as he started switching his card line up.

Leaving it to poor Akira? For shame, Dai... Haruto spoke, shaking his head.

"Hey, I can't help that I got to working with the deck faster than he did..." Daichi flashed a quick smile to Haruto before returning to the deck reconstructing, until the door opened. Lifting his head, he saw some familiar faces...well...one familiar face and a FAMOUS face. In walked Furiko and of course...Kyouji.

Afterwards, the door opened again as he saw another man known by the name Wade...and revealing a sudden revelation...

“Oh, there you are, Falcon. We need to talk.”
“Falcon? I’m not him, that’s my---”
“Oh, come on, the host isn’t Arthur Conan Doyle, it’s obvious you’re Falcon… except maybe to Chaos."

"OH SCREW YOU TOO!!!!"

Daichi heard the last sentence shouted out, almost as if it came out from nowhere, but nevertheless, this Wade revealed to show that the store owner....was Falcon. Again, Daichi's jaw dropped. HE'S Falcon?!!? he thought, blinking a bit.

Perhaps your just easy to fool... Haruto chuckled.

"Oh like you knew!!" Daichi snapped, before clearing his throat as he finished the deck reconstructing and making his way over towards Furiko. "Furiko! Not gonna lie, wasn't expecting to see you guys in Domino so soon..." he said, chuckling nervously with a rub of his neck.

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

-Taccon City-

After Jet explained to Kuria the completeness of his story, he was surprised that his opponent had gone almost through something similar. However he knew he hadn't gone anything like he did...especially with summoning a simple monster and being subjected to pain...

"The name's Kuria Bijorn. And while you may not like the idea of it, there's a chance I just stopped you from offing the one person that can help you get out of your situation. Come with me, I gotta make sure that my friend doesn't get himself into even more trouble while trying to find his son."

Jet looked at Kuria for a moment, contemplating the offer he was given. However, he still didn't want to give up on facing Blues to make him and his family pay for everything he did...even if he knew it was only to help them. ...Speaking of them...

Before Jet could say anything to Kuria, his D-Wheel's computer began to beep. Glancing at his screens, the Turbo Duelist noticed he had gotten a message from the Turbo City branch of Kaiba Corp. The title is 'Its Time'...wonder what they mean... he thought, opening up the message. Upon the screen flashed the flyer that read: "FORTUNE CUP TOURNAMENT!". Now it made sense...

Further reading showed the message to him...

We've entered you in...this is the opportunity we need. For both our data...and our plans to succeed in removing Blues from the picture.

Return to base and prepare for the tournament, ASAP.

Jet looked at the message before closing it. Sighing heavily, he put his helmet back on, before looking at Kuria. "Perhaps your right...but right now...I'll decline." he said, revving his D-Wheel's engines back to life. "Kuria Bijorn...I hope we meet again..." And with that, Jet sped off, his grip on his D-Wheel's handles tightening.

7e8xcYT.png

The rest of the ride was eerily silent on the way back to the central domino city. While Kyouji wasn't the most talkative, once they had met with Yugo he too didn't seem to be talking much. She didn't know him that well, but he was quite the loud and reckless type from what brief moments she had seen, and as such his silence probably signaled something bad had happened with them as well. As such, there was not any bit of talking as the group finally made their way back to the city. While they were likely going to reconvene back at the place where they had first met up at, they instead stopped at a card shop first. It was a rather unassuming place, so Furiko wasn't exactly sure what was up with the stop, but she walked inside anyway. 

Upon entering, the scene that played out was incredibly random and surprising to her. The shop had apparently been one that Kyouji was quite familiar with. Topped off with the fact that the whole of the Domino group had been here to begin with, Furiko couldn't help but feel that something was up. It all seemed incredibly convenient. Then there was the strange girl in the cat hoodie. She was definitely a new face, though, had an odd feeling of being out of place as well. The truly odd part was when some man burst into the room and called the shop owner Falcon. While he was quick to deny at first, the man simply ripped off his shirt to reveal the falcon suit underneath, to which the actual Phantom Falcon responded by putting on the rest of his costume. Stunned and confused for a bit, Furiko just asked aloud, "did he just put on a helmet?"

While the man went on about some kind of problem relating to a trio known as the Sacred Beasts, it became clear to Furiko that things were starting to escalate in severity. As Daichi walked over, she waved responding in kind. "Daichi, yeah. We found some pretty important info and I think Yugo and Yuria over there probably have something to share as well. It's been an interesting day so far to say the least."Trying to get rid of the confusion she was feeling she then coyly asked, "and what about you? You guys haven't spent this whole time in a card shop I hope."

oR7NKgI.png?1 

As the girl pulled out the last of the books, she heard a strange rumbling noise come from underneath. Hanae had seen enough movies, played enough games and read enough literature to know what that meant. Feeling a sense of pride well up within her she said to herself, "ha, take that Kyou." However, as she thought about it more, she realized that her sister probably would have solved it considerably faster, which only caused her usual grimace to resurface. Regardless, she had helped out a pretty big name executive of the school with whatever it was he was investigating, so that would probably help her out in her rise to the pro scene. Nevertheless, she decided to check the fruits of her labor, going to the basement door that Eizar had found. As she did, she noticed another door that was opened that seemed incredibly conspicuous in regards to the rest of the area. As such, she followed the rest of the crew through it. 

After traversing a spiraling staircase, that felt as though it extended on forever, the group had reached an equally ominous room. The dim lighting only added to the already foreboding atmosphere of the room, to which upon seeing, she could ask, "what the hell is this place?" Her natural demeanor was replaced with one of shock, horror, and some morbid curiosity. Before she could take an actual good look around, her thoughts were interrupted by Lee's sudden rush towards the girl who was his sister. As she started walking forward, looking at all the cells with people in it, she listened to him as he told them to start helping people out. The jail doors, while seemingly locked, were incredibly easy to open. Without much resistance, she opened the door to a few of the cells, before her attention seemed caught by something else. 

Looking at the altar towards the end of the room, she couldn't help but be ever curious about what it was. Walking forward towards it, she looked at the statue there, depciting some kind of demonic creature with two orbs in its presence. As she got close enough, she noticed some kind of weird circle, like something one would see in one of those occult television shows. Her eyes widened and she let out a small gasp, backing a bit away from it as she saw what was there. Blood. Dried blood. It was evident that someone had been killed here, probably sacrificed to whatever the hell this was. Her expression becoming far more serious, her voice more stern she asked aloud, "just what the hell are you people actually dealing with?"

The Citadel was much bigger than Helena thought it was going to be, the large gates opening for her and Gaia were enough to peak her interest. The inside seemed like a large community, with spellcaster type men, women, and children bustling about. Helena's attention was taken away as a large gust of wind came through the gates as they were closing.

A large, white dragon came flying in and landed next to Gaia, on closer inspection the dragon turned out to be Stardust Dragon, and on even closer inspection it was carrying... Tycho and Aika! Gaia stopped and helped Helena down before sending his horse off to rest. “Come on, let’s go see Dark Magician,” Helena nodded and followed after Gaia.

The townsfolk were eying Helena and the others and whispering to eachother, more than likely they weren't used to humans... Or have never even seen humans before. After a bit, Helena walked by Tycho and Aika. "How did you two even get here?" she also butted into Tycho after asking her question. "And thats for literally throwing me into the portal, you know how scared i was?"

~Miero's POV~

Miero was fast upon opening the cages, trying to see if any of them contained his son. However, there seemed to be no sign of him within the cages, and he desperately prayed that the young child had not already met an early end.

He had already lost his wife when Malin was still an infant. He wasn't sure he could muster even the strength let alone the will to continue living if little Malin was lost, too.

With a detective's eye did Miero look over everywhere, flashlight illuminating everything it could land on as he moved it around. So far, he had not seen sign of the tiny body, but he knew that wasn't conclusive.

For all he knew, the bodies were discarded elsewhere, which looked to be the case here.

"Malin, where are you," he muttered though more to himself...

iU8EggM.png

~Kuria's POV~

While his living eye did not catch it, the mechanical one did catch sight of the flyer for the tournament, hiding the frown that wanted to show on his face. "Perhaps your right...but right now...I'll decline." Jet said, revving his D-Wheel's engines back to life. "Kuria Bijorn...I hope we meet again..." And with that, Kuria watched as Jet sped off into the distance.

"Maybe we will," he muttered to himself before looking back towards where he had last saw the others go. "Here's hoping I can catch up."

With a heavy thump to his step, Kuria bolted towards the same direction the others left towards much earlier, using the weight of his arm to push him forward faster with momentum.

~~~

He ran into an empty room, dust covering most of the place. He almost thought that he could have possibly been in the wrong location until he saw the strangely-moved bookshelf and the passageway behind it.

But, as he moved towards it a few steps, he heard the sound of creaking and the bookshelf moving.

It was closing!

"Sh!t," he cried out before sticking the mechanical arm between the bookshelf and the wall, elbow inside the passage as his arm was doubled onto itself. Pain began to form from the shoulder as he tried to desperately push the bookshelf back open, a groan of pain leaving his throat. The gears in the arm were grinding against the strain as he pushed, trying to use his arm to open the passage opening further, at least enough for him to slide through.

And he did managed to keep it permanently open, whatever was pushing the bookshelf finally gave out, halting the sound of grinding. Most of the people already down there would most-likely get back out, but any big person might have a problem.

And he was probably gonna need early maintenance after that stunt.

"Miero, ya down here?"

fFBhNoG.png

“Please, stop struggling. I might drop yo---” It's like he knew. Before the dragon could finish its sentence, Tycho slipped out of the dragon's claws and began falling to the earth. Aika gripped the base of its wing as it dove down, catching Tycho before continuing onward. “You humans are crazy. Don’t worry. We’ll get Dark Magician to send you two home,” it said. Looking off in the distance, Aika could see it. A great big citadel, and a small (from this high up) figure moving toward it. As the dragon descended and entered through the gates just behind the figure, Aika could see it was a knight. The knight. Gaia the Fierce Knight, right? That card was really popular for some reason. More importantly, he had Helena on the back of his horse!

”Oh, hey, Starry. Wow, what’s going on, a human bargain sale?”

“We need to see Maho.”

“Right, right. Come on, let’s go see Dark Magician.”

By this point, Aika had given up on trying to make sense of what was happening here. She ran through the portal and was suddenly surrounded by the monsters seen on best-selling cards. It was totally within the realm of possibility, right? After all, she was a duelist who would generate thunderstorms and hurricanes just by dueling. Anything was possible in the presence of city folk. Also a little dragon had grown curious about Aika, flying over and sniffing her face. "That tickles," she giggled, putting her hands around the little dragon to keep it still before moving to bring it to her shoulder. Then there was Helena, asking about how they got here and how scared she was when Tycho literally threw her through the portal. He did that?

"Y'threw a lil' girl through a portal?" Aika warily asked, glancing in Tycho's direction. "That's...somethin'."

JwKKY9y.png

Well, the customers sure were keeping the shop owner busy. Leona usually wasn't one to assert herself, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Nudging her way around the other customers assembled, Leona reached into her pocket and said to the shopkeep "I've got some weird cards here I've never seen before. Did I win a prize or something?" To specify what exactly the weird cards in question looked like, Leona procured the blank cards from her pocket, setting them down on the counter. "Also, how much for the Lunalight Lio Dancer?" Priorities. Leona had those.

Eizar had a frown plastered onto his face as he undid his share of cells. His parents were nowhere to be found in the group. There were many faces but none were familiar, the realization leaving a sinking feeling in his stomach. His gaze feel to the floor, mind becoming clouded with despondent thoughts such as ‘what if they were already killed?’ and ‘perhaps we were too late to save them,’ the feelings of loss and doubt that plagued the latter part of his childhood returning.

Tears began to well up within his eyes just like they did ten years ago, remembering waiting for those who've yet to return, then it dawned on him. Taccon City wasn't the only area that held kidnapping victims. There was still a chance, albeit slim, that they were alive elsewhere. “I can't give up now,” was what he uttered as he wiped his tears away, with the flames of determination burning once again, and renewed his resolve to not stop searching until he found undeniable proof that his parents were dead.

Now that he got that one conflict temporarily resolved he turned to Hanae who, understandingly, wanted some answers. “A cult. They kidnap people to sacrifice for their gods."

Tycho's hand fell on Helena's shoulder, a gesture that may have looked apologetic and comforting, if his gloves hadn't hid the whiteness of his knuckles, and if his eyes weren't wide and twitchy, fright evident in them. Tycho had been utterly silent since Stardust Dragon had caught him once again, and he was ramrod-straight, a stiff bundle of nerves. 

"Helena," he hissed, looking around at the monsters around them. "I... there was a dragon, through the gate... it attacked me and I came through, I didn't know what else to do... But this... How...?" 

He broke away from the other two, walking to the most human one there, Gaia. "You," he said stiffly, a touch of frantic energy in his voice. "How... How do we get back? Where is the other Gate? There HAS to be one here!" Tycho flinched away as the Buster Whelp flew past him to Aika, looking around at all the spirits watching him. "What are you looking at?!" he yelled, voice weak and scared.

Thoughts flew through his head like a whirlwind. It couldn't be true, this couldn't be an actual Spirit World. Blues was clearly just a fantasizing kid, this was a trick, a pastiche of SOlid Vision. But he had been falling through the sky, and dragons that were so much more than that... What had he been dropped into? The fire and the fury that had flown around him as he fell... He shook his head. THis wasn't what he cared about. Damn the Spirit World, and all of the nonsense associated with it! What was he doing here on Blues' wild goose chase, when he could be searching for the Wicked Gods?

tsYHWoc.png

Yuria was gutted to see that there was no-one to hold accountable for summoning The Wicked Eraser. She was certain the driver of the Ferrari was the one to summon it like everyone else was certain, but apparently there was no driver to begin with. If there was one thing that pissed Yuria off most, it was her being played for a fool...

"THAT MOTHER funker!!" she angrily kicked the dead tire of the Ferrari as she said this, "Don't tell me we've been on a wild goose chase this whole time!"

Neither she nor Yugo had said anything on the drive back to Domino City, and not even as she arrived at a random card shop did Yuria say a word. Some of the members from the Domino team were there, most notably Lyall and Daichi, and Furiko was there too. Although Yuria wasn't really in the mood to say hi to any of them or tell them what happened. She was only here to try and find a Limiter Removal, and see what other cards she could potentially afford. She was just about to ask the guy at the counter if they had a spare copy in stock when another girl appeared alongside her.

"I've got some weird cards here I've never seen before. Did I win a prize or something?"

"Whoa(!), hold up," Yuria looked over at the cards that the girl had presented to the guy at the counter, "Are those...?"

"Not just any blanks... the blanks!" Palpigrad scurried down Yuria's arm, and then gestured to Neobis, "Hey Neobis! Over here!"

Neobis too had headed down that same arm to get a closer look at the cards. He studied them for quite some time, before eventually beginning to recognize a couple of them... or rather who the couple of them belonged to.

"OK... not sure about the center one, but..." Neobis paused for a few more seconds, before speaking up again, "I'm thinking the left one is supposed to go to the cosplayer we spoke to before we left, and the right one goes to... the business man, I'm guessing?"

"Yeah that's about as good a guess as I could make," that said, Yuria turned to the girl next to her.

"Where did you find these cards?" she asked, before turning to Daichi and Lyall, "And how could you two numps lose them in the first place?! They're very important, y'know!"

"I've got some weird cards here I've never seen before. Did I win a prize or something? Phantom Falcon looked down at Leona, his eyes widening behind his helmet as he saw her place the blank cards on the table. "Also, how much for the Lunalight Lio Dancer?"

"You just saved the world," Falcon stated. "And you can have it for free if you trade the blank cards, plus add any other 2 cards you want," That seemed fair.

"Cheapstake," Kyouji muttered.

"And how could you two numps lose them in the first place?! They're very important, y'know!" Yuria had yelled at Daichi and Lyall. Phamton felt like he should stand up for them... except then something happened. The door then opened once more, this time revealing Dread Knight, but his suit was torn in several places, his scarf also tattered. He did not look to be in good shape at all.

"What the hell happened to you?" Falcon asked.

"Oh... you know... found a portal to the Spirit World, a giant dragon came through it... had to fight it as my group went through the portal... nothing much," Dread Knight stated, sarcasm dripping through his voice.

"Wait... Was that... sarcasm?" Kyouji asked, blinking.

"I am not one to use sarcasm,"

"I'm proud of you, buddy," Kyouji stated with a smile. Falcon shook his head.

"For now, let's head back to Kaiba Corp. We'll await further orders there," He said as he walked out the store. "Oh, and make sure you flip the sign to close when you leave," He called out to Leona before he headed to the building in question.

"I guess we should call Blues...," Kyouji muttered as he pulled out his phone and dialed. "C'mon, y'all, let's get to Kaiba Corp," He stated as he followed Falcon. The walk back was uneventful, and in no time at all, they were back in the lobby. However, this time, Falcon lead them downstairs, going down several flights of stairs before coming to a stop in front of a door. With a sigh, he began pushing buttons on a keypad, the door soon opening and revealing a room with computer screens all over the place, and a large round table with enough seats for them all.

"Welcome to the War Room. Take a seat," Phantom stated as he sat down gently.

"You," The older man said to Gaia in a frantic tone. "How... How do we get back? Where is the other Gate? There HAS to be one here!" Tycho flinched away as the Buster Whelp flew past him to Aika, looking around at all the spirits watching him. "What are you looking at?!"

"Whoa, calm down, old man," Gaia said. "We're working on a way to get you home. Let's just go see Dark Magician, alright, Mr... um... let's just get going," He stated.

"Yes, that would be wise," Buster Blader's voice called from behind them, carrying the head of Serpent Night Dragon over his shoulder. "Things are about to get worse...," Buster Whelp yipped from Aika's shoulder before nuzzling against her cheek, to which Buster Blader sighed. "Spoiled dragon...," He said with a sigh. Gaia nodded as he walked off, headed to the tallest tower in the center of town.

After a five minute walk, they got to the doors of the tower, which opened slowly, revealing a man in armor, levitating off the ground.

"More humans...? This is getting to be... troublesome...," The man stated.

"I know, right Omega?" Gaia stated. "Anyways, where's big bro?"

"He's trying out a spell to open a portal," A young girl with white hair and dressed in white robes stated, walking in and carrying a small hairy ball. She then bowed to the group. "U-Um... M-Master Maho asked us to take them to him,"

"Us?" Stardust raised an nonexistent eyebrow before hearing a young boy call out.

"Whoa! Did you kill that by yourself, Mr. Blader, sir?" A young green skinned and armor wearing boy asked, practically fanboying. Buster Blader just nodded in response, to which the boy's smile widened. "That's awesome!" The girl sighed and shook her head.

"D-Drake! We were told to take them to Master Maho!!" She stated, to which the boy shook his head.

"Fine, fine, let's go," He muttered as he walked away. "You're such a buzzkill, Azaelle," The duo headed down the hallway, soon coming to a giant library. It was huge, looking as big as a football field.

"Yo, Darkie, you here?" Gaia called out as he walked around.

"Just what the hell are you people actually dealing with?" Blues looked over as he helped up some poor boy. The kid didn't look older than 15 years old.

“A cult. They kidnap people to sacrifice for their gods." Eizar supplied. Blues nodded.

"Yeah. That's the gist of it. The story's too long to go into detail about," He looked up to watch Lee hand him the blank card.

"I don't need this any more," The boy said as he grabbed his sister and running up the stairs, running past Kuria on his way. Blues sighed.

"That's unfortunate," he mumbled as he tried to help up another person. "Alright everyone, let's head to the surface, call 911, and then go to the jet,"

-Domino City-

"Daichi, yeah. We found some pretty important info and I think Yugo and Yuria over there probably have something to share as well. It's been an interesting day so far to say the least. And what about you? You guys haven't spent this whole time in a card shop I hope."

Daichi let out a chuckle, before sighing. "At this point, I wouldn't mind having that be true." he rubbed the back of his head, before finally deciding to let the news go. "We..."

DAICHI! Look over there!

Daichi was cut short, hearing Haruto speak as he quickly turned around and saw the young girl from earlier, Leona approaching the counter. And what she produced there was something that he would count as a sheer miracle!

"I've got some weird cards here I've never seen before. Did I win a prize or something?"

He was floored that the cards Leona placed on the counter, the Blank Cards...the very ones that Glaeris stole from them.

"N-No way!" Daichi exclaimed, moving up to Leona's side. "Y-You found our Blank Cards?!" He stopped for a moment, knowing now the new group's eyes were now on him after he said this. C-Crap... he thought, before hearing the first words out of someone's mouth...this someone being Yuria.

"And how could you two numps lose them in the first place?! They're very important, y'know!"

Daichi let out a sigh, before turning back to face Yuria, Furiko, and the others. "Firstly...it wasn't our fault. We actually won against him...we just...well, we weren't expecting him to be such a sore loser." Of course, at this point the others seemed not to be exactly understanding on what he was going on about. Before he planned on explaining everything, Falcon spoke.

"For now, let's head back to Kaiba Corp. We'll await further orders there. Oh, and make sure you flip the sign to close when you leave."

Everyone began to file out of the shop at this point, so Daichi grabbed his things and he and Haruto left the shop. He moved a bit and then exhaled slightly.

"So about the Blank Card situation. In short...we were immediately challenged by a shady Duelist. Said his name was Glaeris." Daichi began, seeing Haruto nod, figuring he was getting the facts right so far. "He's a Contact Fusion user...from what I can gather. Used some cards...Iron Dragons I believe it was. Regardless, we beat him as a team..." Daichi paused before looking over at Furiko. "And yes, that means without an Action Field and me being able to activate my field control. If I did the latter...heh, the others wouldn't have been able to do anything."

Thankfully I reminded you... Haruto nodded, seeing Daichi roll his eyes slightly.

"Regardless, I guess he wasn't expecting my Ebon Illusion Magician and his ability mixed Gagaga Girl..." Daichi continued, before sighing. "We won however, and that's about when he literally attacked us with these tendrils...he stole our Blank Cards and a card from each of our decks. After that...he vanished. He...he took a Gagaga Girl card from me...and it wasn't until a few moments ago...Haruto found out it held a spirit."

Daichi was silent for a moment, still recalling Glaeris' last ditch effort to win by stealing the cards. His fist clenched some before looking back at the others as they continued back to Kaiba Corp. "Regardless...next time...next time I see him, it'll be on my terms. Action Field and everything..."

It wasn't long until the group arrived into the lobby of Kaiba Corp, as the group went down the elevator quite a number of floors and made it to another room all its own.

"Welcome to the War Room. Take a seat."

Daichi got in and sat down with the others, before looking at Haruto. Well...guess they know the bulk of it now... he thought to his Duel Spirit.

Indeed...now we should find out what they dealt with.

Daichi nodded before turning towards Furkio and the others. "So...what happened on your end, guys?"

Lyall had been puzzled by Henry’s response. What had been the point of being brought here and then suddenly be abandoned by their leader if they weren’t going to be given even an inkling of where to go next? Not even the fact that Leona was standing here with their blank cards was of any value, because it was simply a step forward from a step back, and ultimately they could get nowhere without any additional information. Lyall prepared to press the man for answers, but his attention was diverted to a group entering the shop. He recognized their faces from the meeting at Kaiba Corp, and it was painfully obvious that Daichi did too considering he decided to talk to Furiko instead of Leona. At the very least, Leona had stuck around and was inquiring about the blank cards. If it came down to it, Lyall would just offer to buy the cards she had been eyeing in exchange for them.

Shortly after the first group had arrived, another newcomer entered the shop, this one looking too much like a hitman. He marched up to the counter and exchanged seemingly nonsensical words with Henry, then suddenly tore at his clothing to reveal… Falcon’s uniform, causing “Henry” to reveal his true identity.

“… Falcon, your ‘brother’ went on about you being no fool, but what exactly was the point of disappearing on us to dress up as a shop keeper?”

Then some more sheet happened and more familiar faces showed up, but by this point Lyall had resigned to take a backseat to listen and observe, as he usually did when he was among unfamiliar people, but would speak up if he needed to.

Nothing interesting to chime in on (at least not in this setting), so Lyall had been quiet during the trek back to Kaiba Corp. Falcon ushered them all into a place dubbed the “War Room”, which Lyall felt at home in considering how much time he spent in such places discussing deals and other important matters. Daichi gave a recap about everything that happened to them so far, which was… okay, but unfortunately he wanted to keep talking with the others about things that probably didn’t matter much right now.

“Before we all continue to talk about how our day has gone, why don’t we ask about more important things? Like how Gotham- I mean, Dread Knight over there mentioned finding a portal to this Spirit World, or how this guy,” Lyall said motioning to Wade, “Mentioned we now have a second threat to deal with involving the Sacred Beasts?”

Tycho seemed to be handeling the reality of the Spirit World a lot worse than Helena and Aika were, he sounded like he was freaking out. He wanted to leave and Gaia assured him that Dark Magician was working on a way to send him back, but wasn't the point of coming here so that they could deal with the Wicked Gods within the Spirit World?

In any case, the group made it to the citadel tower where they were greeted by a monster Helena wasn't familiar with, though Gaia did refer to him as Omega. "More humans...? This is getting to be... troublesome...,"

"I know, right Omega?" Gaia stated. "Anyways, where's big bro?"

"He's trying out a spell to open a portal," A girl in white robes answered Gaia's question, she seemed to be holding something, and when Helena looked closely it was a kuriboh. "Oh my gosh, is... Is that really a Kuriboh? Its so adorable." Helena was too fixed on one of the cutest monsters in her opinion to hear anything else what the others were saying.

~Kuria's POV~

"Whoa!" Kuria was fast to move out of the way of the incoming kids as he went down the stairs, not wanting himself or them to fall on their ass or down the stairs.

Watching them run past, he glanced back just in time to see the worried look on Miero's face before hearing Blues state, "Alright everyone, let's head to the surface, call 911, and then go to the jet."

He noticed that Miero wasn't moving at all, standing still and upright as if shock took hold. Gulping once, Kuria ran up towards him, making sure the librarian was alright...

~Miero's POV~

"Dude, are you alright?"

"Miero, you're kinda scaring me."

He could hear a faint voice, barely see a blur of a figure in front of him that felt faintly like it was grabbing him from the front and shaking him. But he was not reacting to anything outside of him, however.

Instead, Miero was internally panicking, stuck in the thought that his son could very-well be dead.

A hand, soft but sharp, fell across his face, but there was no ability to really react to it. Any sensation he felt went towards the mental trap he was in...

...and suddenly all was black and the hallucination ended...

~Kuria's POV~

"Not even that?!" Kuria exclaimed after bringing his left hand across Miero's face to try to snap him out of whatever was going on. "I'd better prepare to pay for the vicodin after this," Kuria muttered to himself before raising his metal arm...and connecting it to the back of Miero's head. Not hard enough to crack the skull, but certainly hard enough to knock the man out of his panic attack.

Catching him before Miero could fall onto his face, Kuria picked him up bridal-style before taking him back up the stairs towards the plane.

fFBhNoG.png

"How... How do we get back? Where is the other Gate? There HAS to be one here!"

"Whoa, calm down, old man. We're working on a way to get you home. Let's just go see Dark Magician, alright, Mr... um... let's just get going."

"Yes, that would be wise. Things are about to get worse..."

"More humans...? This is getting to be... troublesome..."

"I know, right Omega? Anyways, where's big bro?"

"He's trying out a spell to open a portal. U-Um... M-Master Maho asked us to take them to him."

"Us?"

"Whoa! Did you kill that by yourself, Mr. Blader, sir? That's awesome!"

"D-Drake! We were told to take them to Master Maho!!"

"Fine, fine, let's go. You're such a buzzkill, Azaelle."

The library the group had been led to was...big, to say the least. Aika didn't think she could read through all the books here if she wanted to. Definitely not in her own lifespan, at least. Whoever lived here - Dark Magician presumably - must have been very old. And very, very smart. He'd definitely find a way to get everyone back home so they could get back to dealing with the Wicked God threat. Of course, there was the issue of finding him.

"Yo, Darkie, you here?"

"Dark Magiciaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" Aika called out, cupping her mouth with her hands like a tiny megaphone. "Heeeeeeeeeey! Y'all've got some humans here who need t'get home 'n' stop some Wicked Gods from ruinin' things back in the human world! Y'there!?" Aika briefly glanced at the Buster Whelp that had apparently started to like her, judging by it still being at her side. She didn't know much about dragons - nothing in fact - but dogs she knew about. She knew they were good trackers, able to trace somebody down by scent. She knew that they had way better hearing than humans. Aika also knew that so far, this little scaley friend had acted pretty dog-like. Perhaps he could sniff and hear like one too? Nudging the little dragon's cheek with her elbow, Aika asked the whelp "Think y'can sniff 'im out?"

JwKKY9y.png

"You just saved the world."

Hehh. Guess I'm pretty good at the hero thing after all.

"And you can have it for free if you trade the blank cards, plus add any other 2 cards you want."

"Sounds like a good deal to me," Leona nodded. She already knew one of her three freebies had to be the Lio Dancer. The question now was, what else did this guy have that she needed or wanted? As she was about to turn away from the counter to go browse the inventory, Leona had been met with a question in her direction. A question she received and answered while turning to and fro, glancing at the other cards the shop had in its inventory.

"Where did you find these cards?"

"In a trash can a few blocks away, on fire. I always thought it was weird that people would burn cards, but I guess whoever was trying to burn those doesn't really want anything good for the world if I just saved it." Ooh, they had a Raidraptor Ultimate Falcon here. Leona wasn't personally too fond of the archetype, but she knew somebody that could put the card to good use. Maybe take that as one of the freebies and call it a gift.

7e8xcYT.png

While Daichi was about to tell her about what had happened, she was momentarily taken aback by his sudden outburst. That being in regards to the white haired girl's find. As he seemed to make his way over to the girl, Furiko just said, "wait, you lost them?" As the action dueler seemed to try and backtrack and explain what had happened, this did not seem to alleviate the confusion of the whole situation any further. However, eventually they were told to leave the premises of this shop, and started to move back to the headquarters. 

On the way there, Daichi had gone onto explaining everything in greater detail that had happened. It was certainly interesting, and made their opponents seem all the scarier for being able to just use the wicked gods in that kind of a way. Nevertheless, everyone had been relatively safe from their encounter and the blank cards had been returned to their owners as well. As such, she believed that they at least did a good job in setting back their plan for a bit, though was already aware that darker things were on the horizon. Once they had made it back to the main building, and Daichi seemed to be curious as to how the rest of the groups had been, the older man seemed to think there were more pressing things to attend to. While the things that they had found over in the warehouse were important and needed to be discussed, the things the man brought up were certainly both more immediately pressing and bizarre in nature. As such she asked as well, "yeah, what do you mean by a portal to the spirit realm? And, that dragon you mentioned is gone right?" 

oR7NKgI.png?1

As she continued to look at the altar in both horror and morbid curiosity, only to hear Eizar stating that they were dealing with some kind of a crazy kidnapping cult. In retrospect, it seemed pretty obvious, yet it was still a lot to take in nonetheless. Blues, none too fazed by it whatsoever, then called for the group to go back to the jet, which apparently they took a jet to get here, and move out. Hanae wasn't sure what she should do at this point. Sure she had just tagged along to basically cure herself of boredom and prove that she could handle that short little mystery above, but things apparently had run a lot deeper then she originally anticipated. 

Looking back to the rest of the crew, no longer seeing them as regular people and instead having some kind of bizarre and foreboding aura about them, she was only more shocked and taken aback as she saw a man with a metal arm come in and knock Hermit-san upside the back of the head. With a somewhat shocked face she pointed to him stating/question the obvious of, "does he have a robot arm?" She felt as though whatever this was was way over her head. But because of that, she wasn't entirely sure that she could just go back to her normal day to day life, and she wasn't entirely sure that the corporate head man would particularly enjoy someone completely unrelated to their investigation just hanging about. She had seen enough movies to know about "loose ends" after all. As such, she just warily asked, "so what should I do from here?"

Eizar was busy supporting two of the less able-bodied of the prisoners when Hanae asked a peculiar question about Kuria. Given the poor condition his self-appointed charges were in, he didn't bother turning around lest he risked a misstep. “Yes, yes he does,” was all he responded with as he began meandering out of the dungeon, the blonde girl interjecting upon the silence once again with a more pertinent question.

“So what should I do from here?”

A tough one to answer, to say the least, and one that made him so and think. Normally Eizar would be in the “more the merrier” camp when it comes to group work, but this task is far more complicated than that. On one hand, they could use all the help that they could get in stopping the threat that is the Wicked Gods. On the other hand, people are getting hurt and killed because of this cult and she is not a blank card holder so she may very well be throwing her life away if she decides to join them, and he didn't want that on his conscience. His gaze met the floor as he spoke up again. I… don’t know.”

tsYHWoc.png

"In a trash can a few blocks away, on fire," the girl answered, "I always thought it was weird that people would burn cards, but I guess whoever was trying to burn those doesn't really want anything good for the world if I just saved it."

Well that explained how the blank cards were recovered. But not how they'd been outside the possession of the others in the first place. Thankfully, this was something that Daichi was about to cover in his story. Hopefully that would fill in the gaps for Yuria.

"Firstly...it wasn't our fault. We actually won against him... we just... well, we weren't expecting him to be such a sore loser," he began his tale after a brief sigh, "In short, we were immediately challenged by a shady Duelist. Said his name was Glaeris. He's a Contact Fusion user... from what I can gather. Used some cards... Iron Dragons I believe it was. Regardless, we beat him as a team. And yes, that means without an Action Field and me being able to activate my field control."

He probably aimed that last sentence at Furiko who, judging by the way he said it, may not have known that he didn't need an Action Field in order to do well

'Thankfully I reminded you,' Haturo told Daichi, seemingly to the latter's dismay. He shook it off, however.

"Regardless, I guess he wasn't expecting my Ebon Illusion Magician and his ability mixed Gagaga Girl..." he continued, "We won however, and that's about when he literally attacked us with these tendrils. He stole our Blank Cards and a card from each of our decks. After that... he vanished. He took a Gagaga Girl card from me... and it wasn't until a few moments ago, Haruto found out it held a spirit. Regardless, next time...next time I see him, it'll be on my terms. Action Field and everything..."

"Wow... I, uh..." Yuria was taken aback by the unfortunate tale, but managed to look Daichi straight in the eyes, "I... I'm sorry, for the tone I used back there. I had no idea that any of this could have happened to you guys. And now that I think about it..."

It was worse than Yuria's side, she was more than willing to admit that. But she still didn't feel ready to spill the beans. Not yet, anyway...

Blues noticed that Meiro seemed to be freaking out... which made sense, because it seemed his son wasn't here. That might mean... well, Blues didn't want to think about it. Thankfully(?) Kuria had come and knocked Meiro out. They needed to get these people out and...

"So what should I do from here?" Hanae asked. Blues looked over to her. Oh yeah, he should do something about her...

I… don’t know.” Eizar stated. What, did they think he was going to kill her or something? Blues rubbed his chin as he thought to himself.

"Well, you have three options. You can go on with your life and pretend nothing happened," He said. "Another option is to try to warn people about this... but honestly... who would believe you? It's half the reason Kaiba Corp hasn't gone public with this knowledge," He tapped his chin. "And the final option is to come with us to help out. But that would probably put you in more danger than you'd want," With a shrug, he picked up some people, propping them up before heading to the stairs. "For now, let's just focus on getting these people to safety,"

Blues was quiet as he climbed the stairs, his minds racing. What could they do here? What should they do here? They might have stopped this one sacrifice place... but there could be more. What would his father do? Hell, what would Seto do in this situation? When they got out of the underground hellhole, Blues took out his phone, calling 911. This was going to be a long day, he could feel it.

Ten Minutes Later

The paramedics responded quickly, and they loaded up the wounded and malnourished people into their ambulances. During that time, Blues got a call. He picked up the phone immediately, listening closely.

"It's Kaiba, what's up Kyouji?" He listened, and the people around him could see his face suddenly turning pale. "Are you serious? ... Right, we're on the way," He looked up to the group. "All of you, on the plane, NOW. Something urgent has come up," With that, the CEO went to the jet, climbing in and starting it up. When everyone had climbed in, he took off in a rush.

“Before we all continue to talk about how our day has gone, why don’t we ask about more important things? Like how Gotham- I mean, Dread Knight over there mentioned finding a portal to this Spirit World, or how this guy,” Lyall said motioning to Wade, “Mentioned we now have a second threat to deal with involving the Sacred Beasts?” Phantom Falcon nodded, looking at him.

"Yes, well... it seems things have gotten... dire," Phantom Falcon stated. One of the screen came to life, showing Blues flying the Blue Eyes Jet.

"What's this about the Sacred Beasts?" He snapped at the group. "How did they---?"

"Yo!" Wade called out, waving form his seat. "Blues, hey Blues! Did ya find a girlfriend in this massive group of people?!"

"Oh goddammit Wade," Blues muttered. "Remind me to fire him when I get back,"

"Hey! All I did was help unleash an ancient evil on top of the ancient evil you're fighting! I don't think that warrants being fired!" Wade countered. Blues just shook his head.

“Anyways," Kyouji stated. "For those that don't know, it seems these Wicked God cronies have a plan. They want to enter the Fortune Cup, summon Wicked God there, and beat yours truly. Then they can have their representative become the new King, sow fear in the masses and make them easy pickin’s all in one swoop,” He explained to both the room and to the members in the jet.

"I see... damn," Blues muttered.

"What? There's no way they can accomplish that!" Yugo stated. "Kyouji's only allowed to lose to me... or the princess... but mostly me!!"

"Not only that, but the bastards have a portal to the Spirit World," Dread Knight commented."And trust me, it's real... the destruction and the dragon that came through proved that,"

"And judging from the state of things, they have already sent some people to the Spirit World," Blues muttered. He stayed quiet, thinking. "Alright, here's the plan. We've going to divide and conquer. Kyouji, Phantom, you two take are going to lead a group to the Fortune Cup. The other half will go to the Spirit World,"

"You do realize that in order to qualify, they have to go back to their home towns and duel their way, right?" Kyouji mentioned. "We can't give them free passes. It'd be too suspicious to the Wicked God Cronies," Blues nodded in response.

"Anyways, you all are going to have to make a choice you want to go to. Just be warned, if too many of you pick one, we will divide you up as we see fit,"

"Oh my gosh, is... Is that really a Kuriboh? Its so adorable." Helena asked, to which Azaelle nodded with a smile.

"Y-yes! Umm... do you want to hold him...?" She asked as she offers the Kuriboh to her.

"Dark Magiciaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Heeeeeeeeeey! Y'all've got some humans here who need t'get home 'n' stop some Wicked Gods from ruinin' things back in the human world! Y'there!?" Aika's voice was met with silence. "Think y'can sniff 'im out?" She asked Buster Whelp, who nodded and flew off. He flew into the great maze of books. After a bit, they heard someone crying out.

"Lyrroth, let me go!" A voice called out. Soon, the small dragon was dragging the famous magician, although instead of being dressed in purple robes, he was dressed in black robes, with his skin being a pale white.

"Yo, bro," Gaia said. "These humans want to head back to the human world," Dark Magician nodded.

"I understand. I believe the ritual is almost ready... however...," He paused. "I need the blood of a human," He looked guilty as he looked at them. "The other humans are... too afraid... can I use one of you...?"

-Moonlit Magician-

~Domino City~

"Wow... I, uh...I... I'm sorry, for the tone I used back there. I had no idea that any of this could have happened to you guys. And now that I think about it..."

"Well if I'm being honest, I don't think any of us would've thought they would've mobilized this soon." Daichi sighed with a shrug. "Should've kept our guard up." As he crossed his arms, he looked over at Lyall who spoke next.

“Before we all continue to talk about how our day has gone, why don’t we ask about more important things? Like how Dread Knight over there mentioned finding a portal to this Spirit World, or how this guy, mentioned we now have a second threat to deal with involving the Sacred Beasts?”

The Sacred Beasts are released? Haruto reacted in a very shocking manner. If things weren't bad enough...

"So what, we have people able to cross over into another world AND we have the Sacred Beasts?" Daichi shook his head, wanting to ask if things could get any worse, but he decided against that. He wasn't a gambling man, but he knew he'd probably be the one chance where things would get worse.

About this time, however, Blues entered the conversation from his Blue-Eyes jet. And that's when his ears caught the interesting situation that Kyoji tossed out:

“Anyways. For those that don't Well, it seems these Wicked God cronies have a plan. They want to enter the Fortune Cup, summon Wicked God there, and beat yours truly. Then they can have their representative become the new King, sow fear in the masses and make them easy pickin’s all in one swoop.”

The Fortune Cup?! Daichi thought, beginning to smile at this. Haruto, tell me you heard that.

I did indeed, Dai. Haruto nodded. And the Wicked God's lapdogs will be there...meaning...

Glaeris... Daichi's fists clenched tightly, before standing up after everyone spoke. "I don't know about any of you guys...but I have some unfinished business with that Glaeris guy. And this time I'll be able to pull out all the stops." he smiled. "I'm going back to Cradle. The Moonlit Magician shall be making an appearance in the Fortune Cup!!"

Daichi's mind was made up! He would go to the Fortune Cup and Duel till he got to Glaeris. And nothing was going to stop him...it'd have to take the forcing of a portal to another world to stop him indefinitely.

x393wz.jpg

-The Starry Experiment-

~Turbo City~

Jet slowly pulled into the area of the Turbo City Kaiba Corp building, where the group of scientists and mechanics ran out to the D-Wheel and began to do maintenance and check its stats.

However, when Jet got off the D-Wheel and walked off, he was stopped by one individual with full goatee and black hair, his gray eyes hidden behind his glasses. Beside him was a young lady with shoulder length white hair and baby blue eyes.

"The communications were cut off for a short period of time. Did your D-Wheel malfunction?" the man asked Jet.

Jet stopped and looked at the man. "Yes sir, Dr. Aichi."

"Is that the reason you didn't summon Stardust Spark, Hoshimi?"

"No sir. I just didn't summon i-" Daichi was cut short by a swift right hook, causing him to get knocked down onto the floor.

Dr. Aichi stood there, shaking his right hand a bit before sighing. "Jet, Jet, Jet. How many times must we go through with this?" he simply said, in an uncaring manner. "If we are to get ANY data for Project Crimson to be a success, we need you to summon that monster." Dr. Aichi only knelt down to hand Jet a small handkerchief to wipe the blood off his face. "I don't care how much pain it puts you under. Your a fighter Hoshimi...and you'll fight through it. After all, your just so close to getting rid of Blues."

Jet reluctantly took the handkerchief, wiping the blood off his face some, watching Dr. Aichi stand back up. "Y-Yes sir..."

"Good boy." Aichi smiled, before turning on his heel. "Also. We will begin your training for the Fortune Cup post-haste. No doubt that Blues will enter...and for us to get rid of him, we will need you to beat him. Is that clear?"

Jet was silent as he slowly stood up, beginning to think about what Kuria had said to him earlier. What if this was wrong? What if-

"I said...is that clear, Hoshimi?"

Aichi's words cut Jet's thoughts short as he sighed heavily. "Clear as crystal, Dr. Aichi sir..."

"Y-yes! Umm... do you want to hold him...?" the magician girl offered the little kuriboh to Helena and she nearly squealed. "O-of course I would." Helena took the kuriboh into her arms, it was so fluffy. Never in her life did she think that she would be holding a real kuriboh, not some stuffed toy. "Its so... Soft... Its hard to believe that its fur is actually a bunch of sharp needles..." Helena said snuggling the adorable fiend type.

"Dark Magiciaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! Heeeeeeeeeey! Y'all've got some humans here who need t'get home 'n' stop some Wicked Gods from ruinin' things back in the human world! Y'there!?" It seemed like just an enormous empty library, Aika's voice echoed throughout the halls. It wasn't long until Buster Whelp actually dragged Dark Magician out for the group. The odd appearance of the Dark Magician threw Helena off for a second, a color varient perhaps, like the evil Dark Magician that had red armor?

"I understand. I believe the ritual is almost ready... however...," He paused. "I need the blood of a human," He looked guilty as he looked at them. "The other humans are... too afraid... can I use one of you...?"

"H-human blood? You mean you want to sacrifice one of us!?" Helena's voice echoed loudly through the library. "Isn't that what we came here to stop the Wicked Gods from doing!?"

7e8xcYT.png

As the group had all finally made it into the war room and began talking about their plan of attack, Blues' appeared on a monitor to communicate with them while he was supposedly en route back to them. The CEO seemed none too pleased with the fact that the Sacred Beasts had been released and had apparently had some prior business with the person who did so, Wade. While she was curious if this was the first time something like this had happened or not, she quickly refocused on the situation at hand as Kyouji had begun to explain to them what they had found in the warehouse. 

When Yugo had spoken up about how he was the only one allowed to beat Kyouji, Furiko looked to him. A small smile, one with the kind of confidence and somewhat nonchalance that she hadn't had in this past day due to all of what had happened she declared, "well in order to beat Kyouji, you're going to have to beat me first." After she set out her small challenge to him she then followed up with, "but in order for that to happen, we're both going to need to beat any Wicked God crony that comes our way, which shouldn't be a problem." She looked to everyone else as she said, "since all that means is us doing what we were planning on doing anyway in this tournament. Winning."

With that said, she said, "so, I'll be signing up for the Fortune Cup as well." Walking towards Daichi saying, "going back to Cradle myself, as well. Can't let my home town down before getting to the main event either." 

oR7NKgI.png?1

As Blues presented his ultimatum to her, she didn't even really need to think about it all that much. Going back to her every day life when this was going on would be near impossible, since she would be kind of spooked or at unrest as it was going on. And so she said, "alright, I guess I'm going to be apart of your merry little band then. Not like you could do much without me anyway." As she agreed to it, her cocky bravado had resurfaced again, not daring to turn around and look back at the sacrifice altar and cells that were behind them. With that, the girl simply followed the rest out, assisting them with getting all of the people who they had freed back to the surface and with proper care. As they were in the midst of doing this, the CEO eventually seemed to be in a state of urgency, calling them all to his jet. 

Upon seeing the jet in person, before entering Hanae's expression was one that was both in awe and amused at the design as she let out a small whistle towards. "Well, I guess the rumors weren't wrong after all." Upon boarding it, the group took off. While sitting in the back, she heard the man talk about a lot of other things, probably regarding this cult stuff, but was only further confused by everything spoken. Apparently the Sacred Beasts, some weird cards that she only remembered hearing odd stories about, were on the loose and issue. And the thing they were probably dealing with in full were the Wicked Gods, whatever those were. Apparently there was also something to do with a portal to a Spirit World? If she was following correctly, the duel king, the previous duel king and that weird vigilante man from the xyz place was also there.  She was starting to see why Blues said no one would believe him. However she just spoke up saying, "well if you need more people to kick bad guy ass at a card game, then I can probably help you out there."

~Kuria's POV~

"Well, you have three options. You can go on with your life and pretend nothing happened," Blues said. "Another option is to try to warn people about this... but honestly... who would believe you? It's half the reason Kaiba Corp hasn't gone public with this knowledge. And the final option is to come with us to help out. But that would probably put you in more danger than you'd want," With a shrug, he picked up some people, propping them up before heading to the stairs. "For now, let's just focus on getting these people to safety."

After picking up Miero bridal-style, Kuria was on the way to the stairs out of here when he caught this exchange, prompting him to turn on a step to face Mr. Kaiba. "Speaking of, you need to explain to me what the hell my friend has gotten himself involved in, especially if I'm going to be sticking around. I've already shown that I can handle myself." After that, Kuria turned back around, heading towards the jet and weaving through what crowds may remain to get Miero up into the jet in relative safety.

After getting Miero buckled up and staying a couple of minutes to make sure he didn't immediately wake up, Kuria hopped back down from the jet, the landing a solid thud as he rolled into a standing position before heading back. At this point did he hear a phone going off. Kuria almost checked his own until he realized it wasn't his phone ringing. Only when he got back did he catch the lack of color on Blues's face as he hung up his cell phone. "All of you, on the plane, NOW. Something urgent has come up."

Kuria had to sidestep out of Blues's way post-haste to not get bowled over. "What the f...?"

~~~

"What's this about the Sacred Beasts?" Kuria lifted his head, changing from watching over the still-KOed man to the front of the jet after realizing that it was Blues himself that made the outburst. "How did they---?"

"Yo," called out from over the intercom a voice that sounded a bit too cheerful. "Blues, hey Blues! Did ya find a girlfriend in this massive group of people?!"

Kuria just dropped his jaw on this.

"Oh goddammit Wade," Blues muttered. "Remind me to fire him when I get back."

"Hey! All I did was help unleash an ancient evil on top of the ancient evil you're fighting! I don't think that warrants being fired," the energetic voice answered.

Kuria was pretty sure he lost his voice because he couldn't speak after hearing this level of stupid.

“Anyways." Another voice became heard, this one far more serious than the first. "For those that don't know, it seems these Wicked God cronies have a plan. They want to enter the Fortune Cup, summon Wicked God there, and beat yours truly. Then they can have their representative become the new King, sow fear in the masses and make them easy pickin’s all in one swoop,” the explained to both the room and to the members in the jet.

Kuria was trying to get his eyes back to normal size after they kept widening upon hearing all it. "What the hell is going on?!" Kuria thankfully managed to say in no more than a whisper to himself to avoid possibly missing things.

"Not only that, but the bastards have a portal to the Spirit World," Dread Knight commented, this one being a voice he did recognize and that brought Kuria's attention back to the here and now. "And trust me, it's real... the destruction and the dragon that came through proved that."

"And judging from the state of things, they have already sent some people to the Spirit World," Blues muttered. He stayed quiet, thinking. "Alright, here's the plan. We've going to divide and conquer. Kyouji, Phantom, you two take are going to lead a group to the Fortune Cup. The other half will go to the Spirit World."

"You do realize that in order to qualify, they have to go back to their home towns and duel their way, right," the voice Kuria assumed to be Kyouji mentioned. "We can't give them free passes. It'd be too suspicious to the Wicked God Cronies," Blues nodded in response.

"Anyways, you all are going to have to make a choice you want to go to. Just be warned, if too many of you pick one, we will divide you up as we see fit."

Kuria brought his flesh hand to his face, resting his chin in his palm in thought. Finding himself thinking back to the figure that tried to take out Blues earlier, Kuria ended up recalling the sight of the flyer upon the screen of the duelist's runner. "Miero wouldn't be suited for the Fortune Cup, considering he hasn't dueled in at least a decade. I, however, would be more than willing to do that."

"...no make choice for..." Kuria looked down towards Miero as he began to finally stir, raising his hands to either side of his head. "...ow...my head..."

Archived